NotebookTalk

*Official Benchmark Thread* - Post it here or it didn't happen :D

Mr. Fox

I'm sick of editors that do HW reviews... Do they even know what they talk about? And do they know how LM works? And do they know why many HW manufacturers use nickelplated copper? Surely, this is beyond their tech knowledge. Mor hunged up in bling bling and pretty.

Under the Hood

For those of you who prefer to skim the images rather than actually read what we’ve written, the primary key points we covered above are here in picture form. Of particular note is how the multi-layer cooling solution has been designed, as well as how much hardware is available on the power side of things. Suffice to say that no corners have been cut, no shortcuts taken, nothing but what you would expect from anything that comes under the famous Republic of Gamers umbrella, and particularly anything that brings back their famous Matrix name to the market.

RTX 4090 Clock Speed

Conclution.

Nonetheless we’ll cover as much as we can for everyone. Let’s get the obvious things out of the way. Is the Matrix Platinum the highest performing of the RTX 4090 cards we’ve reviewed? Yes, yes it is. Is it the coolest running RTX 4090? Just about – the ASUS Strix was similarly cool. It’s not quite the fastest average clock speed we’ve seen, a title that belongs to the MSI Suprim X Overclocked, although naturally it’s worth mentioning that the real world performance metric still belongs to the Matrix. 

However, as there always is with products like this, the Matrix Platinum comes with some caveats. Yes it’s the fastest of the RTX 4090 cards, and thus is the fastest on the planet. It is only a bit better than the next best though. Consistently, but not in the kind of way where you could consider it a theoretical RTX 4090 Ti or RTX 4095. It’s a very good version of something we’ve already seen and seen way cheaper. Similarly the cooling is excellent, but the redesigned pump has a bit of a whine we don’t recall hearing on their Strix LC model. If you went for a full 3rd party cooling solution such as a complete EK kit you could get it for less than the cost of it plus a reference RTX 4090 when compared to the Matrix. Okay there is work, and nerves, involved but it’s not beyond most of us.

https://overclock3d.net/reviews/gpu_displays/asus-rog-rtx-4090-matrix-platinum-review/16/

• Bump 1

"The Killer"  ASUS ROG Z790 Apex Encore | 14900KS | 4090 HOF + 20 other graphics cards | 32GB DDR5 | Be Quiet! Dark Power Pro 12 - 1500 Watt | Second PSU - Cooler Master V750 SFX Gold 750W (For total of 2250W Power) | Corsair Obsidian 1000D | Custom Cooling | Asus ROG Strix XG27AQ 27" Monitors |

Papusan @ HWBOTTeam PremaMod @ HWBOT | Papusan @ YouTube Channel

36 minutes ago, electrosoft said:

With dual PSUs and adequate cooling I'm hoping to see something that will differentiate the HOF from other single lead cards. If it hits the same wall, outside of power balancing the dual connectors would be kind of a dead end due to limitations of the 4090 itself.

Yes. Exactly. I think I made a similar comment the other day using the cake and ice cream analogy. If the HOF hits the same wall, an effort to do more is pointless and the 4090 become more of a gamer GPU than a GPU for overclockers.

32 minutes ago, Papusan said:

m sick of editors that do HW reviews... Do they even know what they talk about? And do they know how LM works? And do they know why many HW manufacturers use nickelplated copper? Surely, this is beyond their tech knowledge. Mor hunged up in bling bling and pretty.

I think the harsh truth is obvious. Many of them don't really know what they are talking about, and what they know is limited. You have to take the review as a source of raw data and avoid blindly accepting any opinions as being factual. Opinions can be valid based on a limited frame of reference, but may not be valid from another point of reference, or may not be accurate in the grand scheme of things.

One example of that could be calling 7900 XTX and 4090 an "enthusiast" GPU. Well... maybe. What kind of enthusiast? They are the most powerful GPUs ever released by AMD and NVIDIA to date. Maybe truly impressive for gaming. Maybe not so impressive for overclocking if there isn't much untapped headroom to play with. 

• Thumb Up 1
  • Like 2

Wraith // Z790 Apex | 14900KF | 4090 Suprim X+Byksi Block | 48GB DDR5-8600 | Toughpower GF3 1650W | MO-RA3 360 | Hailea HC-500A || O11D XL EVO
Banshee // Z790 Apex Encore | 13900KS | 4090 Gaming OC+Alphacool Block | 48GB DDR5-8600 | RM1200x SHIFT | XT45 1080 Nova || Dark Base Pro 901
Munchkin // Z790i Edge | 14900KF | Arc A770 Phantom Gaming OC | 48GB DDR5-8200 | GameMax 850W | EK Nucleus CR360 Dark || Prime AP201 
Half-Breed // Dell Precision 7720 | BGA CPU Filth+MXM Quadro P5000 | Sub-$500 Grade A Refurb || Nothing to Write Home About  

Mr. Fox YouTube Channel | Mr. Fox @ HWBOT

The average response time for a 911 call is 10 minutes. The response time of a .357 is 1400 feet per second. 

1 hour ago, Mr. Fox said:

I think the harsh truth is obvious. Many of them don't really know what they are talking about, and what they know is limited. You have to take the review as a source of raw data and avoid blindly accepting any opinions as being factual.

This is the problem. All too many put weight into the reviews. They in short get wrong advices. And that's sad.

New driver out for your AMD card. New is always better. Don't forget that. So try it🤩

AMD Radeon Software Adrenalin 23.9.2

Asus tells us why now is the time for a $3,200 liquid metal GPU..... 1 to 2000 cards will be made. In short Asus have vacumed up all the better bin from their shelves for a limited run. For the very few. For $3200 USD. All the rest will get the new revised voltage capped AD102 silicon. Nice.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

"The Killer"  ASUS ROG Z790 Apex Encore | 14900KS | 4090 HOF + 20 other graphics cards | 32GB DDR5 | Be Quiet! Dark Power Pro 12 - 1500 Watt | Second PSU - Cooler Master V750 SFX Gold 750W (For total of 2250W Power) | Corsair Obsidian 1000D | Custom Cooling | Asus ROG Strix XG27AQ 27" Monitors |

10 hours ago, Mr. Fox said:

😠that really sucks... the people manufacturing PC parts are largely dishonest and stupid

Hey Brothers @Clamibot @Raiderman and @electrosoft - the latest version of GPU Tweak III works directly with my 6900 XT in the same way MSI Afterburner used to work. Check it out with your AMD GPU and see if it holds true for you. Power limit, voltage, core and memory sliders all are working. Credit where credit is due. ASUS did something right here.

image.png

Applied...

image.png

Cool, I will try this out for sure!

• Thumb Up 2
  • Like 1

Lian Li Lancool III | Ryzen 9 7950X | 48gb G-skill Trident Z5 DDR5 8000mhz | MSI Mpg X670E Carbon |

AsRock Taichi Radeon 7900xtx Bykski Block |Raijintek Scylla Pro 360 custom loop| Crucial T700 1tb

WD Black's SN770 500gb/1tb NVME | Toshiba 8Tb 7200rpm Data |

EVGA 1000w SuperNova |32" Agon 1440p 165hz Curved Screen |  Windows 10 LoT 21h2

6 hours ago, Papusan said:

This is the problem. All too many put weight into the reviews. They in short get wrong advices. And that's sad.

New driver out for your AMD card. New is always better. Don't forget that. So try it🤩

AMD Radeon Software Adrenalin 23.9.2

Asus tells us why now is the time for a $3,200 liquid metal GPU..... 1 to 2000 cards will be made. In short Asus have vacumed up all the better bin from their shelves for a limited run. For the very few. For $3200 USD. All the rest will get the new revised voltage capped AD102 silicon. Nice.

It seems kind of like they're lying to me. If they were really a binned chip and binned memory (supposedly the Strix 4090 was as well) they shouldn't suck at overclocking. 1+1=2.

I guess all they think they have to do is get the people that are foolish enough to grossly overpay for one to believe that they actually are binned. And, it also seems like they're only expecting about 2,000 people to be dumb enough to believe it and be silly enough to fork over twice what one is worth just to say they own one. If they thought they were 4,000 then they would lie about binning 4,000 instead of only 2,000. 2+2=4. 

The limited production is just a gimmick designed to trigger impulsive overspending. That is so messed up. 

• Thumb Up 1
  • Like 1

Wraith // Z790 Apex | 14900KF | 4090 Suprim X+Byksi Block | 48GB DDR5-8600 | Toughpower GF3 1650W | MO-RA3 360 | Hailea HC-500A || O11D XL EVO
Banshee // Z790 Apex Encore | 13900KS | 4090 Gaming OC+Alphacool Block | 48GB DDR5-8600 | RM1200x SHIFT | XT45 1080 Nova || Dark Base Pro 901
Munchkin // Z790i Edge | 14900KF | Arc A770 Phantom Gaming OC | 48GB DDR5-8200 | GameMax 850W | EK Nucleus CR360 Dark || Prime AP201 
Half-Breed // Dell Precision 7720 | BGA CPU Filth+MXM Quadro P5000 | Sub-$500 Grade A Refurb || Nothing to Write Home About  

The average response time for a 911 call is 10 minutes. The response time of a .357 is 1400 feet per second. 

15 hours ago, Mr. Fox said:

😠that really sucks... the people manufacturing PC parts are largely dishonest and stupid

Hey Brothers @Clamibot @Raiderman and @electrosoft - the latest version of GPU Tweak III works directly with my 6900 XT in the same way MSI Afterburner used to work. Check it out with your AMD GPU and see if it holds true for you. Power limit, voltage, core and memory sliders all are working. Credit where credit is due. ASUS did something right here.

image.png

Applied...

image.png

Thanks! I really appreciate this!

As far as I can tell, MSI afterburner works almost as well as GPU Tweak III does for me. Really the only major difference is the voltage slider actually works on GPU Tweak III whereas it does not on MSI Afterburner, but that's reason enough to use GPU Tweak instead, so that you very much for pointing me to this tool!

What's wrong with MSI afterburner for you? What doesn't work with it?

Also I did some more benchmarking with my games to compare how hardware differences between my laptop and desktop affected framerates. Here are my results:

Desktop Killer (X170SM-G) VS Sagattarius A (Desktop) In Games:

- Desktop Killer: i9 10900K, 32 GB DDR4 3200 MHz CL 16 RAM, RTX 2080 Super
- Sagattarius A: i9 10900K, 32 GB DDR4 4000 MHz CL 15 RAM, RX 6950 XT

The CPUs in both machines are clocked at 3.7 GHz in these tests.

• Control: 122 FPS vs 144 FPS at the Crossroads Control Point in the Foundation sector, 103 FPS vs 144 FPS in intense fights while doing Bureau missions.
  • Far Cry 5: 101 FPS vs 144 FPS at the cabin near the bunker from the start of the game
  • Jedi Fallen Order: 96 FPS vs 143 FPS at first save point on the first planet in the game <- I wouldn't have gotten these framerates with the game at stock configuration. I installed DXVK Async 2.0 into the game, which significantly boosted the framerate. The comparison was done using this awesome piece of software installed with the game on both machines.
  • Mass Effect Andromeda: 136 FPS vs 144 FPS on Voeld, right next to one of the Kett facilities
  • Shadow Of The Tomb Raider: 105 FPS vs 139 FPS at Kuwaq Yaku, right outside the shop looking out at the crowd in front of it
  • Hitman Absolution: 80 FPS minimum, 103 FPS average vs 88 FPS minimum, 110 FPS average in the built in game benchmark <- I also installed DXVK 2.0 into this game, which yielded a minor improvement in framerates (around 5-6%)
  • Hitman 3: 140 FPS vs 140 FPS in the Dartmoor benchmark, 143 FPS vs 143 FPS in Dubai benchmark <- No difference at all in this game. Hitman 3's engine is much better optimized than Hitman 1 or Hitman 2, especially on the CPU side, so that definitely makes a difference. All Hitman 1 and 2 missions run MUCH better in the Hitman 3 engine.
  • Just Cause 4: 144 FPS vs 144 FPS <- No difference at all in this game, at least in large, open fields. I'll have to test this again in a populated area like Quya.
  • Lego Star Wars - The Skywalker Saga: 126 FPS vs 94 FPS at Endor Ewok village <- This is the only game that performs WORSE on my desktop for some stupid reason. This game must really not like AMD GPUs. The screen keeps flickering at certain times and the framerate likes to cap itself at 60 FPS if you alt-tab out and back in.

So in summary, looks like for the most part that in the games where an AMD GPU + very fast memory makes a difference, you will get anywhere between a major to gargantuan improvement. In my case, the smallest of those was about a 32% improvement in Shadow Of The Tomb Raider, and the greatest was about a 49% improvement in Jedi Fallen Order. The two exceptions so far were in Hitman Absolution, which only saw a 10% improvement in minimums and about a 6.8% improvement in average framerates (still pretty nice), and Mass Effect Andromeda, which only got about a 5.9% improvement in framerates.

For the games that saw no improvement, either I was not CPU bound at all at the framerate I was running at, those games just don't care because the hardware changes yield performance gains in areas these games just don't/can't take advantage of, some other weird thing is the performance bottleneck, or they don't contain any AMD or Nvidia specific optimizations. I'll need to retest these games either with Vsync off, or with an even higher refresh rate display.

I have no idea what happened in Lego Star Wars - The Skywalker Saga. This game seems to really hate AMD GPUs for some reason. I'll definitely be testing more games to see what the differences are in those games for me.

My verdict still stands. If you want the absolute best gaming performance, an Intel CPU + an AMD GPU + the fastest RAM (lowest absolute latency at highest possible bandwidth) you can get will yield the absolute highest gaming performance you can get.

• Thumb Up 2
  • Like 1
  • Bump 2

AlienyHackbook: Alienware M17X R5 | i7-4930MX | GTX 1060 | 32GB DDR3L Kingston HyperX @ 2133 MHz CL 12 | MacOS Sierra 10.12.5 | Windows 10 LTSC | Hackintoshes Rule!

Desktop Killer: Clevo X170SM-G | i9-10900K | RTX 2080 Super | 32GB DDR4 Crucial Ballistix @ 3200 MHz CL 16 | Windows 10 LTSC | Slayer Of Desktops

Sagattarius A: Custom Built Desktop | i9-10900K | RX 6950 XT | 32GB DDR4 G.Skill Ripjaws @ 4000 MHz CL 15 | Windows 10 LTSC | Ultimate Performance Desktop With Cryo Cooling!

10 hours ago, tps3443 said:

I’m sorry but, the 4090 Matrix Liquid Metal ain’t gonna hold up long. After 6 months or 1 year it’s gonna need some sanding and fresh LM. Especially LM on bare copper. 

if its anything on their lm on their laptop cpus 2 thing

the copper area is already plated for the lm so it wont soak into the pores

the lm application will be uneven

• Thumb Up 1

5 hours ago, Clamibot said:

What's wrong with MSI afterburner for you? What doesn't work with it?

Nothing works for me with Afterburner, even after ULPS is disabled and the config file is manually edited it is non-functional.

Voltage does not work on either one. Only the sucky AMD Adrenaline bloatware allows access to voltage.

• Thumb Up 2
  • Like 1

https://www.tomshardware.com/news/nvidia-affirms-native-resolutio-gaming-thing-of-past-dlss-here-to-stay

In a word, Nvidia says no rasterization, dlss and Frame Generation are what they will focus from now on, on inferior hardware, because they work...

• Thumb Up 2
  • Sad 1

7950X3D| Zotac 4090 AMP Extreme Airo| MSI MPG B650 Edge Wifi| Lian Li Galahad 360 V2| 32GB Kingston Renegade RGBZ 6000|Kingston KC3000 2TB| Fury Renegade 2TB|Samsung 970 Evo 1TB| Lian Li O11 Dynamic Evo| Corsair HX1500i| Samsung Odyssey G9 Neo

Asus Zephyrus G15 (Ryzen 9 6900HS + RTX3080)

48 minutes ago, Mr. Fox said:

Nothing works for me with Afterburner, even after ULPS is disabled and the config file is manually edited it is non-functional.

Voltage does not work on either one. Only the sucky AMD Adrenaline bloatware allows access to voltage.

Same problem with many cards. Not sure why MSI Afterburner and EVGA Precision sink in quality. Sometimes the GPU Tweak software from Asus is the only option. And how long will it takes before Evga takes down their GPU tweak software or just don't update anymore.... 

Ready to try grab a Matrix? :classic_rolleyes:

Bidding opens in the ROG Matrix Charity Auction on Tuesday, September 26, with the final bids accepted on October 10, 2023. Good luck with any bids, (folks) @Mr. Fox

by Mark Tyson - Wed, Sep 20, 2023

ASUS and Make A Wish International have clubbed together to launch a special graphics card auction. The highly anticipated ASUS ROG Matrix RTX 4090 is the prize, and a cherry on this deliciously powerful cake is that it bears the gold-inked signature of the NVIDIA CEO, Jensen Huang Greed....... The gold-inked signature is worth it's weight in gold, LOOL

Or you could try grab this Limited version from Msi... Green and black. Not the usual Red and black from Msi. But don't be angry if you feel you are scammed with the low 128 Mem bus. It's what it is, HaHa

Some might question why MSI opted for the “Limited Edition” label for a lower-tier model, but it’s evident that MSI is emphasizing its collectible appeal over sheer performance.

The RTX 4060 NV Edition is scheduled for release on September 25th.
MSI-RTX4060-NV-LIMITED-EDITION-HERO-1-1200x624.jpg

• Thumb Up 1

3 hours ago, Papusan said:

Same problem with many cards. Not sure why MSI Afterburner and EVGA Precision sink in quality. Sometimes the GPU Tweak software from Asus is the only option. And how long will it takes before Evga takes down their GPU tweak software or just don't update anymore.... 

Strange. After I installed GPU Tweak III all features of MSI Afterburner are working now, including voltage, but still no voltage option in GPU Tweak III. It is totally missing in the GUI and underlying settings. This makes me think the issue might be a Windows registry thing. Before nothing (core, memory and voltage) worked with Afterburner and now everything works. Too weird.

3 hours ago, Papusan said:
The RTX 4060 NV Edition is scheduled for release on September 25th.
MSI-RTX4060-NV-LIMITED-EDITION-HERO-1-1200x624.jpg

Wow, what a nice looking weak and pathetic GPU. Maybe mommy and daddy will buy it for me. I need that for Candy Crush! My Ninja Turtle action figure will look so nice perched on top of it inside my case!

I actually do like how it looks. Why waste it on a 4060? 😝

Answer: Because people will buy it. It's "special" LOL.

• Thumb Up 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, tps3443 said:

The voltage slider in MSI Afterburner does work. It just works differently. If you set it to 100% it’s going to boost your core clocks by +15-30Mhz. You also need to set your voltage slider to 100% when you are undervolting for proper function. 

We were speaking in reference to AMD GPUs, but that may not have been obvious. And, now it does work for some reason. I think there was a registry issue of some sort because nothing worked with Afterburner before, even after disabling ULPS and manually editing the config file with the text for "official overclocking" asinine crap that is required for AMD. I installed ASUS GPU Tweak III, which should have voltage control, but doesn't on my system. But, even more mysteriously, installing ASUS GPU Tweak III caused MSI Afterburner to start working correctly. Now everything works in Afterburner. (Thus, I believe there was something Afterburner did not install correctly in the registry.) 

Also, voltage control is voltage control on AMD, it is not an offset like NVIDIA. If you set 1.150V using the slider, it is set for that. If you change it to 1.200V it is set for that. Like how it used to be before the Green Goblin started doing idiotic stuff with their control freak cancer firmware algorithms. 

It is really discouraging that both of these companies never seem to run short on stupidity. The stuff they do... ludicrous.

• Thumb Up 2

3 hours ago, Mr. Fox said:

Strange. After I installed GPU Tweak III all features of MSI Afterburner are working now, including voltage, but still no voltage option in GPU Tweak III. It is totally missing in the GUI and underlying settings. This makes me think the issue might be a Windows registry thing. Before nothing (core, memory and voltage) worked with Afterburner and now everything works. Too weird.

Wow, what a nice looking weak and pathetic GPU. Maybe mommy and daddy will buy it for me. I need that for Candy Crush! My Ninja Turtle action figure will look so nice perched on top of it inside my case!

I actually do like how it looks. Why waste it on a 4060? 😝

Answer: Because people will buy it. It's "special" LOL.

Tried all earlier GPUTweak software from Asus? Should work. Or the Gpu you have isn't fully compatible with this OC tool. Weird you don't see the voltage slider.

Edit. Why MSI Afterburner suddenly work..... Same with some older graphics card with lacking voltage control in MSI. Once you install GPU Tweak you have the chance also in MSI Afterburner. Same with older Maxwell card thats destoyed with newer nvidia drivers. So common knowledge. Weird, Yes.

• Thumb Up 1

5 hours ago, Izy said:

if its anything on their lm on their laptop cpus 2 thing

the copper area is already plated for the lm so it wont soak into the pores

the lm application will be uneven

Right but, it’s still only going to hold up so long. Maybe 1 year and then performance is going to degrade pretty quickly. I did my sons Xbox Series X, and we have got some huge gains in better temps and smoother performance. With standard thermal paste the exhaust heat was around 125F. Then with Liquid Metal the exhaust heat went to high 160’s. 

It’s really cool. But after the 2nd round of re-doing Liquid Metal, I went back to thermal paste on my sons Xbox. I am not taking that thing apart every 10-12 months or sooner lol. 

“DAAAAAAAADDDDDDDD!!!!!!!”

”The Xbox is freezing up again!!!!!!” 
“it’s Broken!!!!”

• Thumb Up 1
  • Haha 4

13900KF

2 minutes ago, Papusan said:

Tried all earlier GPUTweak software from Asus? Should work. Or the Gpu isn't fully compatile with theis tool

Since MSI Afterburner is working correctly now I am not going to disturb anything. I don't need GPU Tweak III if Afterburner is working and I don't want to have it stop working if I mess with it. AMD stuff is kind of persnickety with some things. If ain't broke don't fit it, LOL.

But, I have 4 more Windows installations to test this with older versions of GPU Tweak to see if the newest version is the issue.

• Thumb Up 1
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Mr. Fox said:

Since MSI Afterburner is working correctly now I am not going to disturb anything. I don't need GPU Tweak III if Afterburner is working and I don't want to have it stop working if I mess with it. AMD stuff is kind of persnickety with some things. If ain't broke don't fit it, LOL.

But, I have 4 more Windows installations to test this with older versions of GPU Tweak to see if the newest version is the issue.

Wasn't mant to disturb a working system. But as a heads up for later use when you have the time. See also this if you haven't seen it 🙂

Edit. See also my Edit above.

AMD RX 6900xt / 6800xt / 6800 Overclocking tweaks , tricks and mods..... hwbot

Liquid Devil bios on TPU database:
https://www.techpowerup.com/vgabios/232536/amd-rx6900xt-16384-210318

• Thumb Up 1
  • Thanks 1

I hate being tempted like this. 

This is an amazing DEAL!!! $1,700 bucks and already water blocked!! The RTX4080 version is $1300

I DONT NEED IT, I DONT NEED IT! I DONT NEED IT!! 🫣

https://www.grooves.land/inno3d-geforce-rtx-4090-ichill-frostbite-geforce-rtx-4090-gddr6x-384-bit-7680-4320-pixel-pci-express-x16-c4090-inno3d-hardware-electronic-pZZa1-2100886075.html?currency=USD&language=en&_z=us&camp=us_smart&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI_PCf7I68gQMVvjHUAR0wegPbEAQYASABEgK4OvD_BwE

• Thumb Up 3
  • Haha 1

13900KF

27 minutes ago, tps3443 said:

I have seen lots of amazing deals on the groovesland site but I am scared they are a scammer site. I can't find anything reliable to validate they are legit. Have you found any way of validating they are legit?

• Thumb Up 2
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, tps3443 said:

This is an amazing DEAL!!! $1,700 bucks and already water blocked!! The RTX4080 version is $1300

https://www.grooves.land/inno3d-geforce-rtx-4090-ichill-frostbite-geforce-rtx-4090-gddr6x-384-bit-7680-4320-pixel-pci-express-x16-c4090-inno3d-hardware-electronic-pZZa1-2100886075.html?currency=USD&language=en&_z=us&camp=us_smart&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI_PCf7I68gQMVvjHUAR0wegPbEAQYASABEgK4OvD_BwE

I'm not so sure this is an good deal. This card cost 1,633.88 USD here home without the dreaded tax. Take account that Norway prices is awful. And the ordinary price in the shop say is $2,153.63 is just dumb. This Inno3D isn't a $2,153.63 card. Not at all. Looks like a fake discount or their ordinary MSRP price for this card is blown up in the sky and isn't real.

• Thumb Up 4

1 hour ago, tps3443 said:

11 minutes ago, Papusan said:

I'm not so sure this is an good deal. This card cost 1,633.88 USD here home without the dreaded tax. And the ordinary price the shop say is $2,153.63 is just dumb. This Inno3D isn't a $2,153.63 card. Not at all. Looks like a fake discount or their ordinary MSRP price for this card is blown up in the sky and isn't real.

I would also look into what kind of specs it has in terms of power, memory and voltage phases. Not all GPUs are created equal. Nothing in this list for Inno3D but some others for comparison like Suprim, Strix and Zotac AIRO (all good build quality). https://linustechtips.com/topic/1461611-rtx-4090-vrm-meta-analysis-and-feaib-comparison/ 

Some of the 4090 have very poor build quality and cost the same as better cards. I do not know much about Inno3D so I can't say. No such specs are provided on the manufacturer web site (red flag? - maybe). 

https://www.inno3d.com/en/PRODUCT_INNO3D_GEFORCE_RTX_4090_ICHILL_FROSTBITE

1 hour ago, Papusan said:

Wasn't mant to disturb a working system. But as a heads up for later use when you have the time. See also this if you haven't seen it 🙂

Edit. See also my Edit above.

AMD RX 6900xt / 6800xt / 6800 Overclocking tweaks , tricks and mods..... hwbot

Liquid Devil bios on TPU database:
https://www.techpowerup.com/vgabios/232536/amd-rx6900xt-16384-210318

Cross-flashing 6900XT vBIOS to 6800XT will brick the GPU and can only correct the brick with SPI flash.

The problem with RDNA2 is they are all over the board with undocumented or random specs, too. XT, XTX, XTXH and you can buy two of the same SKU and get a totally different product. Some are decent and some are garbage.

• Thumb Up 1
  • Like 1

• Thumb Up 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

7950X3D| Zotac 4090 AMP Extreme Airo| MSI MPG B650 Edge Wifi| Lian Li Galahad 360 V2| 32GB Kingston Renegade RGBZ 6000|Kingston KC3000 2TB| Fury Renegade 2TB|Samsung 970 Evo 1TB| Lian Li O11 Dynamic Evo| Corsair HX1500i| Samsung Odyssey G9 Neo

Asus Zephyrus G15 (Ryzen 9 6900HS + RTX3080)

2 hours ago, Papusan said:

Edit. Why MSI Afterburner suddenly work..... Same with some older graphics card with lacking voltage control in MSI. Once you install GPU Tweak you have the chance also in MSI Afterburner. Same with older Maxwell card thats destoyed with newer nvidia drivers. So common knowledge. Weird, Yes.

I did not know that because I would have no reason to be aware. I suspect you are aware of many things that I am not aware of because of all of the older cards you are benching. You probably run into a lot of things that would not be known to me because I do not do that. But, 6900 XT is not that old. There are some things I really like about it and think are fantastic, but other things that are disappointing. Overall, I am not a fan of AMD products. One step forward, two steps backward. I am a bit disappointed to hear than Intel is planning X3D chips for "gaming CPUs" and multi-chip CPUs. All I can say is I hope they do a better job of it. I hate that about AMD, so will have to see if I hate the same if Intel does it. I am expecting to be disappointed. The new trend in PC tech is to make something that sucks and pretend that it doesn't. Like the guy on YouTube says "time will tell" 💤🥱.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Mr. Fox said:

Cross-flashing 6900XT vBIOS to 6800XT will brick the GPU and can only correct the brick with SPI flash.

The problem with RDNA2 is they are all over the board with undocumented or random specs, too. XT, XTX, XTXH and you can buy two of the same SKU and get a totally different product. Some are decent and some are garbage.

I know. Same if you crossflash two different SKUs in Nvidia lineup. Not sure why you put in 6800XT. The vbios link I posted was for Liquid Devil 6900 XT https://www.techpowerup.com/vgabios/232536/powercolor-rx6900xt-16384-210318-1

Maybe you thought about something different? Or maybe I didn't fully understood what you meant with Cross-flashing 6900XT vBIOS to 6800XT. And you have the 6900XT.

• Thumb Up 1