NotebookTalk

*Official Benchmark Thread* - Post it here or it didn't happen :D

Mr. Fox

1 hour ago, Mr. Fox said:

Glad you got the hotspot sorted. That could have been harmful long term. MX-6 should be better than Arctic Silver as well. Are your boost clocks higher now? I would expect them to be.

For the programmer, the first step is to use the software to scan and identify the vBIOS chip brand and model number. If you do not identify the correct chip things can go wrong. If it does not identify the chip, see if there is a software update for the programmer. You may also need a voltage adapter. What is the voltage of the programmer? If it is higher than the chip limit flashing could fry the vBIOS chip.

Once your programmer identifies the chip, read from it. If all reads well, save it for disaster recovery as a ROM file. Then start flashing. I used to do this all of the time working with Prema. It's actually very easy and fool-proof when your programmer identifies the chip correctly. I bet I did it close to 1,000 times (rough guess). It was A LOT over a period of years.

1 hour ago, Mr. Fox said:

Glad you got the hotspot sorted. That could have been harmful long term. MX-6 should be better than Arctic Silver as well. Are your boost clocks higher now? I would expect them to be.

For the programmer, the first step is to use the software to scan and identify the vBIOS chip brand and model number. If you do not identify the correct chip things can go wrong. If it does not identify the chip, see if there is a software update for the programmer. You may also need a voltage adapter. What is the voltage of the programmer? If it is higher than the chip limit flashing could fry the vBIOS chip.

Once your programmer identifies the chip, read from it. If all reads well, save it for disaster recovery as a ROM file. Then start flashing. I used to do this all of the time working with Prema. It's actually very easy and fool-proof when your programmer identifies the chip correctly. I bet I did it close to 1,000 times (rough guess). It was A LOT over a period of years.

7 minutes ago, electrosoft said:

Ahhh, good memories. I lost count how many times I used mine for P870x and P775x clevo laptops and MXM cards especially with Dsanke which basically was, "roll the dice on a CLI flash and if it doesn't boot, crack it open"

My go to programmer was/is a Wingoneer along with one of these just in case of course

This is the first time running into a major BIOS regression for me with regards to the boot times and no real tangible gains for current AM5 chips. 😞

I am almost 100% sure I will be skipping the launch 9950x and waiting for the 9950X3D.....almost.

Do you plan on switching motherboards for the new chip launch of sticking with the MSI?

Still hasn't improved boost clocks, maybe 50mhz.

I'm probably going with the 9950x at launch. Not into gaming like I used to be, and gaming benchmarks aren't as fun anymore either. I may get another board too, as I'm not a fan of this one, as you know.

• Thumb Up 2
  • Bump 1

Lian Li Lancool III | Ryzen 9 7950X | 48gb G-skill Trident Z5 DDR5 8000mhz | MSI Mpg X670E Carbon |

AsRock Taichi Radeon 7900xtx Bykski Block |Raijintek Scylla Pro 360 custom loop| Crucial T700 1tb

WD Black's SN770 500gb/1tb NVME | Toshiba 8Tb 7200rpm Data |

EVGA 1000w SuperNova |32" Agon 1440p 165hz Curved Screen |  Windows 10 LoT 21h2

I still have a little bit of mess cleaning up left to do, but about 99% done with remodeling my tiny little hot office. I had a sit-stand desk and two huge (6 feet long) desks in this tiny space and there was no way to rearrange anything. Everything fit together like a puzzle with no opportunity for variation. So, I bought a second sit-stand desk and got rid of one of the 6 foot long desks, then rearranged everything to make better use of the minimal space available. It took me two weekends of farting around to get this done. Next major project will be the closet packed solid from floor to ceiling with boxes and PC parts. I'm going to throw away most of the boxes and most of the parts I have been saving for years "in case" I need them. I think I still have crap left in boxes from the Pentium II era. I think a saw a cooler for one of the slotted edge-connection Pentium II CPUs in one of the boxes, LOL.

I think I mentioned getting an air purifier to see if it helped with the insane amount of desert dust and it does seem to be helping. 

It's nothing super special, but a lot better than it was before.

• Thumb Up 1
  • Like 3
  • Bump 1

Wraith // Z790 Apex | 14900KF | 4090 Suprim X+Byksi Block | 48GB DDR5-8600 | Toughpower GF3 1650W | MO-RA3 360 | Hailea HC-500A || O11D XL EVO
Banshee // Z790 Apex Encore | 13900KS | 4090 Gaming OC+Alphacool Block | 48GB DDR5-8600 | RM1200x SHIFT | XT45 1080 Nova || Dark Base Pro 901
Munchkin // Z790i Edge | 14900KF | Arc A770 Phantom Gaming OC | 48GB DDR5-8200 | GameMax 850W | EK Nucleus CR360 Dark || Prime AP201 
Half-Breed // Dell Precision 7720 | BGA CPU Filth+MXM Quadro P5000 | Sub-$500 Grade A Refurb || Nothing to Write Home About  

Mr. Fox YouTube Channel | Mr. Fox @ HWBOT

The average response time for a 911 call is 10 minutes. The response time of a .357 is 1400 feet per second. 

5 minutes ago, Mr. Fox said:

I still have a little bit of mess cleaning up left to do, but about 99% done with remodeling my tiny little hot office. I had a sit-stand desk and two huge (6 feet long) desks in this tiny space and there was no way to rearrange anything. Everything fit together like a puzzle with no opportunity for variation. So, I bought a second sit-stand desk and got rid of one of the 6 foot long desks, then rearranged everything to make better use of the minimal space available. It took me two weekends of farting around to get this done. Next major project will be the closet packed solid from floor to ceiling with boxes and PC parts. I'm going to throw away most of the boxes and most of the parts I have been saving for years "in case" I need them. I think I still have crap left in boxes from the Pentium II era. I think a saw a cooler for one of the slotted edge-connection Pentium II CPUs in one of the boxes, LOL.

I think I mentioned getting an air purifier to see if it helped with the insane amount of desert dust and it does seem to be helping. 

It's nothing super special, but a lot better than it was before.

Nicely done bro! Maybe someday, I'll be able to finish my office/geek cave. I have 3 office chairs, all junk, a corner desk, which I kind of like, a Costco bookshelf full of harware boxes, an old coffee table, and multiple boxes of crap that need gone through.

Ps. You're hired 👍🤙

• Like 4

Lian Li Lancool III | Ryzen 9 7950X | 48gb G-skill Trident Z5 DDR5 8000mhz | MSI Mpg X670E Carbon |

AsRock Taichi Radeon 7900xtx Bykski Block |Raijintek Scylla Pro 360 custom loop| Crucial T700 1tb

Tried steel nomad. Basically just a graphics test in between speedway and timespy...don't see the point but it is a bit nicer on old hardware and fairly accurate. Time spy for me behaves like it has adaptive vsync on, and this so called successor does also. Fps looks like it gets locked in a calculated manner like it will skyrocket to 69fps then abruptly stop and stay at 69 even though the scene is changing

• Thumb Up 1

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled

1 hour ago, Raiderman said:

Still hasn't improved boost clocks, maybe 50mhz.

I'm probably going with the 9950x at launch. Not into gaming like I used to be, and gaming benchmarks aren't as fun anymore either. I may get another board too, as I'm not a fan of this one, as you know.

Now that temps are back in sanity-ville, I'll be curious to see what the Aqua unlocked vBIOS does.

Hopefully Asrock brings the heat with the board refresh to have a near complete "Temple of Asrock" type build.

• Thumb Up 1
  • Bump 1

Electrosoft Prime: 7950X3D | MSI X670E Carbon  | MSI Suprim X Liquid 4090 | AC LF II 420 | G.Skill 6000 A-Die 2x32GB | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB | EVGA 1600w P2 | Phanteks Ethroo Pro | Alienware AW3225QF 32" OLED

MelMel:  AMD Ryzen 5 7600x | Asus B650 Prime | Powercolor Spectra White 7900XTX | Asus Ryugin III 240mm AIO | M-die 2x16GB Custom | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB | EVGA P2 850w | Hyte Y40 | BenQ 32" 4k
Heath: i9-12900k | EVGA CLC 280 | Asus Strix Z690 D4 | Asus Strix 3080 | 32GB DDR4 2x16GB B-Die 4000  | WD Black SN850 512GB |  EVGA DG-77 | Samsung G7 32" 144hz 32"

Eurocom Raptor X15 | 12900k | Nvidia RTX 3070ti | 15.6" 1080p 240hz | Kingston 3200 32GB (2x16GB) | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB Heatsink Edition

The bash contest continue. Going after Jufes in almost every video now. Read the comments section :=)

Some should take a break from posting new YouTube videos. Bash the other YouTubers to show themself in a better lights doesn't look pretty or nice. It will hit back.

bashing.jpg

• Thumb Up 1

"The Killer"  ASUS ROG Z790 Apex Encore | 14900KS | 4090 HOF + 20 other graphics cards | 32GB DDR5 | Be Quiet! Dark Power Pro 12 - 1500 Watt | Second PSU - Cooler Master V750 SFX Gold 750W (For total of 2250W Power) | Corsair Obsidian 1000D | Custom Cooling | Asus ROG Strix XG27AQ 27" Monitors |

Papusan @ HWBOTTeam PremaMod @ HWBOT | Papusan @ YouTube Channel

43 minutes ago, electrosoft said:

Now that temps are back in sanity-ville, I'll be curious to see what the Aqua unlocked vBIOS does.

Hopefully Asrock brings the heat with the board refresh to have a near complete "Temple of Asrock" type build.

Like I've said before, I absolutely loved the asrock x570 board I had with previous gen Ryzen. Rock solid ocing, no weird glitches, and it was cheap comparably.

• Thumb Up 2
  • Bump 1

On 5/24/2024 at 11:50 PM, Mr. Fox said:

This is a pretty silly benchmark. Scores are about the same with e-cores disable as with them enabled. Not impressed. I think it is crappier than Port Royal due to no ray tracing and I have always hated Port Royal. No way in hell this replaces Time Spy unless the person trying to measure overall system performance is an ignoramus. Here is a run with the GPU stock. Maybe a replacement for Speed Way but I think Speed Way is actual more taxing than this cartoon benchmark. I think what we are seeing here is hardware under-utilization. It doesn't seem like anything is working all that hard in the process. Roughly the equivalent of a typical game run at 4K, so nothing to write home about.

SN1.jpg

And here we go again...... The new modern tech trend don't take a break. More crap being produced. @Mr. Fox see the possible fix at the bottom. Not only do you need to cripple the performance with ECC Enabled for Hwbot submissions with 4090's. Now you may see another performance hit with automaticly create screenshoots while the benchmark running. When will we see the utter bottom? 

Again.... Is new/newer always better bro @ryan😍 

3DMARK STEEL NOMADU sers are annoyed by “bug runs”, UL is considering measures

“Bug runs” are still possible in 3DMark Steel Nomad. This annoys users, but it doesn’t have to stay that way: UL is considering countermeasures.

UL Solutions has “some ideas”

ComputerBase asked UL Solutions whether this will change in the future and received an answer. The developer explained that they are currently considering how to deal with the problem. They already have " a few ideas ". However, UL is not yet being more specific.

One possibility would be to create screenshots during the benchmark and submit them together with the validated result. In the cloud, UL could then (automatically) compare the screenshots created with reference screenshots. However, this could cost performance and thus have an impact on the result.

See also my post on HWBOT forum here... https://community.hwbot.org/topic/234462-3dmark-steel-nomad/?do=findComment&comment=667836

STEEL-NOMAD-HWBOT-COMMENT.jpg

See.... The new 3DMark Steel Nomad ( analysis , community benchmark ) is likely to be the leading benchmark for setting gaming-related performance records in the coming years.

What a JOKE!

PS. The sluggy forum performance is now so bad that you almost can't use the forum anymore.

• Thumb Up 2
  • Sad 3

"The Killer"  ASUS ROG Z790 Apex Encore | 14900KS | 4090 HOF + 20 other graphics cards | 32GB DDR5 | Be Quiet! Dark Power Pro 12 - 1500 Watt | Second PSU - Cooler Master V750 SFX Gold 750W (For total of 2250W Power) | Corsair Obsidian 1000D | Custom Cooling | Asus ROG Strix XG27AQ 27" Monitors |

1 hour ago, Papusan said:

And here we go again...... The new modern tech trend don't take a break. More crap being produced. @Mr. Fox see the possible fix at the bottom. Not only do you need to cripple the performance with ECC Enabled for Hwbot submissions with 4090's. Now you may see another performance hit with automaticly create screenshoots while the benchmark running. When will we see the utter bottom? 

Again.... Is new/newer always better bro @ryan😍 

3DMARK STEEL NOMADU sers are annoyed by “bug runs”, UL is considering measures

“Bug runs” are still possible in 3DMark Steel Nomad. This annoys users, but it doesn’t have to stay that way: UL is considering countermeasures.

UL Solutions has “some ideas”

ComputerBase asked UL Solutions whether this will change in the future and received an answer. The developer explained that they are currently considering how to deal with the problem. They already have " a few ideas ". However, UL is not yet being more specific.

One possibility would be to create screenshots during the benchmark and submit them together with the validated result. In the cloud, UL could then (automatically) compare the screenshots created with reference screenshots. However, this could cost performance and thus have an impact on the result.

See also my post on HWBOT forum here... https://community.hwbot.org/topic/234462-3dmark-steel-nomad/?do=findComment&comment=667836

STEEL-NOMAD-HWBOT-COMMENT.jpg

See.... The new 3DMark Steel Nomad ( analysis , community benchmark ) is likely to be the leading benchmark for setting gaming-related performance records in the coming years.

What a JOKE!

PS. The sluggy forum performance is now so bad that you almost can't use the forum anymore.

I replied. Let's see if they allow our posts to stand or delete them because they do not permit logical dissent. UL and HWBOT can molest themselves for all I care. They are both becoming irrelevant and worthless. Add them to the list of worthless technology "leaders" along with fecal filth the likes of crApple, Micro$lop, Google and Meta.

https://community.hwbot.org/topic/234462-3dmark-steel-nomad/?do=findComment&comment=667840

image.png

I don't "need" any of those losers anymore. I can take care of myself using superior alternatives. I'm OK with leaving the garbage for the sheeple that let others make all of their decisions for them. Let's just hope Linux developers don't develop an equally severe case of stupid.

image.png

• Thumb Up 1
  • Like 1

Wraith // Z790 Apex | 14900KF | 4090 Suprim X+Byksi Block | 48GB DDR5-8600 | Toughpower GF3 1650W | MO-RA3 360 | Hailea HC-500A || O11D XL EVO
Banshee // Z790 Apex Encore | 13900KS | 4090 Gaming OC+Alphacool Block | 48GB DDR5-8600 | RM1200x SHIFT | XT45 1080 Nova || Dark Base Pro 901
Munchkin // Z790i Edge | 14900KF | Arc A770 Phantom Gaming OC | 48GB DDR5-8200 | GameMax 850W | EK Nucleus CR360 Dark || Prime AP201 
Half-Breed // Dell Precision 7720 | BGA CPU Filth+MXM Quadro P5000 | Sub-$500 Grade A Refurb || Nothing to Write Home About  

The average response time for a 911 call is 10 minutes. The response time of a .357 is 1400 feet per second. 

When my colleague has some down time he will look into the forums performance, appears to be a huge uptick in traffic but before we figure out countermeasures we want to know where its coming from.

Its probably the first real vacation he's had in 10+ years so I dont want to claw him back unless its something more severe. 

• Like 6

Just now, Reciever said:

When my colleague has some down time he will look into the forums performance, appears to be a huge uptick in traffic but before we figure out countermeasures we want to know where its coming from.

Well, if it is good traffic and marks the start of the accelerating success you deserve for creating this forum that is a happy problem to have to get out in front of.

• Thumb Up 3

1 minute ago, Mr. Fox said:

Well, if it is good traffic and marks the start of the accelerating success you deserve for creating this forum that is a happy problem to have to get out in front of.

While I would welcome that notion, sadly the internet is a giant mass of spam, bots and disagreeable people. Still, carving our small slice of the pie has been an interesting venture :) 

• Thumb Up 2
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, Papusan said:

NVIDIA should have a warning that appears in NVIDIA Control Panel when ECC is enabled to inform the user that enabling ECC may result in unrecoverable damage to the GPU memory. Then neither HWBOT nor UL would need to worry about it or find solutions because nobody with a normal level of intelligence would enable ECC and there would be no 3DMark submissions for HWBOT moderators to have to worry about moderating. UL could continue producing their modern cartoon benchmark crap for the kiddos.

5 hours ago, Mr. Fox said:

I don't "need" any of those losers anymore. I can take care of myself using superior alternatives. I'm OK with leaving the garbage for the sheeple that let others make all of their decisions for them. Let's just hope Linux developers don't develop an equally severe case of stupid.

image.png

Well, that's kind of nifty. I did not know neofetch could be customized. Nice.

image.png

• Thumb Up 2
  • Like 1

Over here enjoying this 14900KS. Great dang chip have about 40 hours on it. I’m going to share some screens momentarily here, but so far I have it setup with 5.9Ghz (8P) 6.2Ghz (2P) all auto voltage, LLC4, ACLL 0.20/DCLL 1.00 the E-Cores are at 4.5Ghz stock, and even with a 320 watt power limit set in the bios, it doesn’t go past 290 watts in Cinebench R23 or 239 amps 🤯 and that’s with DDR5 8600 and 1.400v vdd/vddq set in bios. The VID’s are set perfect, so it essentially idles and boost to 6.2Ghz with 1.350’s VID’s sitting in desktop, and under heavy load it drops to 1.190’s matching the load vcore. 😃 CPU temp says 60C max, but cpu package temp is actually 68C.  It feels like my R-batch but with better IMC, and maybe a little more temp resistant up top in the 6Ghz range since it’s not delidded and all. 

• Thumb Up 4
  • Bump 1

13900KF

On 5/27/2024 at 7:19 PM, Raiderman said:

Nicely done bro! Maybe someday, I'll be able to finish my office/geek cave. I have 3 office chairs, all junk, a corner desk, which I kind of like, a Costco bookshelf full of harware boxes, an old coffee table, and multiple boxes of crap that need gone through.

Ps. You're hired 👍🤙

First thing I threw out was all my spare laptop parts. Mostly heat sinks, but also a couple of LCDs. I had spare P570WM CPU heat sink and fan, P870DM3 vapor chamber and CPU heat sink and P870DM-G MXM heat sinks, MSI/Eurocom Tornado F5 heat sinks and even a M18xR2 CPU heat sink. All on their way to a landfill, LOL. The only spare parts I kept for laptops is the Precision 7720 that I currently own. I even found the box with spare parts for the stuff I used to make the dual 330W AC adapter box for the M18xR2 this evening. That will be in the trash tomorrow.

• Haha 1
  • Bump 1
  • Sad 2

• Thumb Up 3
  • Bump 2

7950X3D| Zotac 4090 AMP Extreme Airo| MSI MPG B650 Edge Wifi| Lian Li Galahad 360 V2| 32GB Kingston Renegade RGBZ 6000|Kingston KC3000 2TB| Fury Renegade 2TB|Samsung 970 Evo 1TB| Lian Li O11 Dynamic Evo| Corsair HX1500i| Samsung Odyssey G9 Neo

Asus Zephyrus G15 (Ryzen 9 6900HS + RTX3080)

6 hours ago, cylix said:

"Salivating"

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Bump 2

10 hours ago, Mr. Fox said:

First thing I threw out was all my spare laptop parts. Mostly heat sinks, but also a couple of LCDs. I had spare P570WM CPU heat sink and fan, P870DM3 vapor chamber and CPU heat sink and P870DM-G MXM heat sinks, MSI/Eurocom Tornado F5 heat sinks and even a M18xR2 CPU heat sink. All on their way to a landfill, LOL. The only spare parts I kept for laptops is the Precision 7720 that I currently own. I even found the box with spare parts for the stuff I used to make the dual 330W AC adapter box for the M18xR2 this evening. That will be in the trash tomorrow.

I really need to have a reckoning of sorts with my parts collection. I have stuff dating back to the m15 920xm still here and sandy bridge desktops. That is just the tip of the iceberg. We plan on having a secondary shed built soon and play the "Shed or Trash" game and I feel trash is going to win easily and clear up a lot of room. I literally have shelves and closets full of tech....

7 hours ago, cylix said:

Looks very promising. Single core speeds >=14th gen and all big boy cores vs hybrid garbage. I do wish Intel could get their act together and give us 16 P-cores. If rumors are true and next gen AMD is looking to explore 24 and 32 core desktop chips, Intel needs to "get good" sooner than later.

43 minutes ago, Raiderman said:

"Salivating"

Ditto. I'm going to try and fight the good fight and wait for the 9950X3D. 🙂

• Thumb Up 2
  • Haha 3
  • Bump 1

Electrosoft Prime: 7950X3D | MSI X670E Carbon  | MSI Suprim X Liquid 4090 | AC LF II 420 | G.Skill 6000 A-Die 2x32GB | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB | EVGA 1600w P2 | Phanteks Ethroo Pro | Alienware AW3225QF 32" OLED

MelMel:  AMD Ryzen 5 7600x | Asus B650 Prime | Powercolor Spectra White 7900XTX | Asus Ryugin III 240mm AIO | M-die 2x16GB Custom | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB | EVGA P2 850w | Hyte Y40 | BenQ 32" 4k
Heath: i9-12900k | EVGA CLC 280 | Asus Strix Z690 D4 | Asus Strix 3080 | 32GB DDR4 2x16GB B-Die 4000  | WD Black SN850 512GB |  EVGA DG-77 | Samsung G7 32" 144hz 32"

Eurocom Raptor X15 | 12900k | Nvidia RTX 3070ti | 15.6" 1080p 240hz | Kingston 3200 32GB (2x16GB) | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB Heatsink Edition

39 minutes ago, electrosoft said:

I really need to have a reckoning of sorts with my parts collection. I have stuff dating back to the m15 920xm still here and sandy bridge desktops. That is just the tip of the iceberg. We plan on having a secondary shed built soon and play the "Shed or Trash" game and I feel trash is going to win easily and clear up a lot of room. I literally have shelves and closets full of tech....

Looks very promising. Single core speeds >=14th gen and all big boy cores vs hybrid garbage. I do wish Intel could get their act together and give us 16 P-cores. If rumors are true and next gen AMD is looking to explore 24 and 32 core desktop chips, Intel needs to "get good" sooner than later.

There may be a little migration from Intel boys coming this generation.  Core ultra doesn't look promising.  Less clock speed and no logical cores.

• Like 1
  • Bump 1

5 hours ago, Raiderman said:

There may be a little migration from Intel boys coming this generation.  Core ultra doesn't look promising.  Less clock speed and no logical cores.

You probably won't see me wasting any money on AMD products, but you could be right about some that don't know any better. 😉 But, you probably won't see me upgrading on the Intel side either. If hyperthreading and overclocking are dying, my interest in PC tech dies right along with it. Right out the window. Computers instantly become the functional equivalent of screwdrivers and pliers to me without satisfying overclocking: used only when necessary to perform a task that requires them and ignored the rest of the time.

Some may not have noticed, but I've purchased extra nicely binned LGA-1700 CPUs that are not needed for spares in the anticipation of not buying anything newer for the foreseeable future. Maybe a Battlemage GPU if they seem good enough and not overpriced.

On 5/28/2024 at 10:57 AM, Reciever said:

Its probably the first real vacation he's had in 10+ years so I dont want to claw him back unless its something more severe. 

Hope you guys can find and fix whatever is wrong. It seems much worse today. Very unresponsive forum navigation as opposed to the sluggishness before. I've actually had some time-out errors today. 

• Thumb Up 4
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, electrosoft said:

Haha me too😄

• Haha 4

7950X3D| Zotac 4090 AMP Extreme Airo| MSI MPG B650 Edge Wifi| Lian Li Galahad 360 V2| 32GB Kingston Renegade RGBZ 6000|Kingston KC3000 2TB| Fury Renegade 2TB|Samsung 970 Evo 1TB| Lian Li O11 Dynamic Evo| Corsair HX1500i| Samsung Odyssey G9 Neo

Asus Zephyrus G15 (Ryzen 9 6900HS + RTX3080)

4 hours ago, Raiderman said:

And same can be said about Zen5 Ryzen cpu's if the rumors is correct. Not keep up with an older gen Intel Cpu in single core workload with the new and shiny coming from AMD is embarrassing. But as you know.... They all will put all the rotten eggs in same basket so... Why bother with real performance improvements that doesn't cater to AI? The whole tech industry is pretty rotten.

Microsoft has opened up for a throwaway mentality with Copilot feature in their OS. And all HW manufacturers wants to join the journey. Buy now, then throwaway tomorrow. How long will Microsoft let you use your current hardware  before they push new hardware requirements for newer OS builds?

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Papusan said:

How long will Microsoft let you use your current hardware  before they push new hardware requirements for newer OS builds?

It depends on what sort of collusive arrangements can be made with the skanks manufacturing PC hardware and what kind of kickback the Redmond Mafia can expect from such a clandestine illegal arrangement.

• Like 1

Nice. Maybe Nvidia may go back to smaller coolers for their next gen graphics cards. The current gen 4090 cooler is designed for above 600W. But as we know... AMD didn'twant to compete for the performance crown. Already now we see Nvidia partners toying with slimmer coolers for4090 (cut costs). I expect we will see a real cut down on  cooling capacity for next gen cards (MSRP cards).

In short... Nvidia could shrink max allowed power for their next gen graphics cards. A smart move... This will reduce the chances for burned up cards as 4090 due the new modern slimy  and thin trash 12+4  power connectors.

Nvidia vs gamers = 3-0

Geforce RTX 5090 may be smaller than RTX 4090

According to new information, Nvidia's Founders Edition variant of the Geforce RTX 5090 will be a notch smaller than its predecessor.

RTX 5090 may be surprisingly svelte — twin-slot, twin-fan model on the way, says leaker

If this new information is true, it makes the RTX 5090 a much slimmer design than the 4090 FE, which was delivered with a triple-slot cooling solution. Other AIB partners offer larger even 4090 designs that could take up almost four slots. A smaller and slimmer flagship GPU would be a welcome change after several generations of larger and larger GPUs.

Yup, some don't understand "why you can slim down" the cooling capacity. With less or lower power consumption (shrinked board power) you don't need huge coolers anymore. 

All this signaling more power efficient GPU's. Or that Nvidia know 100% for sure that AMD don't have something to compete with.