NotebookTalk

It’s been a long time coming…

Well where do I start? I joined a year and a half ago but have been inactive, partially due to life lol, kids to look after, work… The OG NBR guys would know how it feels haha.

I miss the times I’d post up sketchy laptop mods showing crazy wattage pulls, well they’re returning 😂

In that time off the forums I learnt how to code ecu’s, specifically BMW’s with E-Sys, Tool32 and ISTA, provisioning CarPlay, upgrading I Steps and even remapping… quite interesting work and dare I say I enjoy it as much as I did shunt modding haha.

I would also like to apologise for not uploading the Clevo Dsanke Bioses, I’ll be updating that thread shortly with the link.

Where is the old NBR Gang at, you guys still about? @Papusan @Mr. Fox @Vasudev @jaybee83 @Reciever

• Thumb Up 1
  • Like 1
  • Bump 3

MSI GE78HX QHD 240Hz - i7-13700HX, RTX 4080, 32GB RAM 6400MHz, 1TB SSD

Gaming/Editing Rig - Intel Core i9-13900KF, RTX 4090 (1000w XOC vbios), 32GB RAM, 1TB SSD

im right here 😁 same for the others!

• Thumb Up 3

Mine: Hyperion "Titan God of Heat, Heavenly Light, Power" (2022-24)
AMD Ryzen 9 7950X (custom TG IHS) / Asus ROG Crosshair X670E Extreme / MSI Geforce RTX 4090 Suprim X / Teamgroup T-Force Delta RGB DDR5-8200 2x24 GB / Seagate Firecuda 530 4 TB / 5x Samsung 860 Evo 4 TB / Arctic Liquid Freezer II 420 (Push/Pull 6x Noctua NF-A14 IndustrialPPC-3000 intake) / Seasonic TX-1600 W Titanium / Phanteks Enthoo Pro 2 TG (3x Arctic P12 A-RGB intake / 4x Arctic P14 A-RGB exhaust / 1x Arctic P14 A-RGB RAM cooling) / Samsung Odyssey Neo G8 32" 4K 240 Hz / Ducky One 3 Daybreak Fullsize Cherry MX Brown / Corsair M65 Ultra RGB / PDP Afterglow Wave Black

My Lady's: Clevo NH55JNNQ "Alfred" (2022-24)
Sharp LQ156M1JW03 FHD matte 15.6" IGZO 8 bit @248 Hz / Intel Core i5 12600 / Nvidia Geforce RTX 3070 Ti / Mushkin Redline DDR4-3200 2x32 GB / Samsung 970 Pro 1 TB / Samsung 870 QVO 8 TB / Intel AX201 WIFI 6+BT 5.2 / Win 11 Pro Phoenix Lite OS / 230 W PSU powered by Prema Mod!

3 hours ago, DaMafiaGamer said:

Well where do I start? I joined a year and a half ago but have been inactive, partially due to life lol, kids to look after, work… The OG NBR guys would know how it feels haha.

I miss the times I’d post up sketchy laptop mods showing crazy wattage pulls, well they’re returning 😂

In that time off the forums I learnt how to code ecu’s, specifically BMW’s with E-Sys, Tool32 and ISTA, provisioning CarPlay, upgrading I Steps and even remapping… quite interesting work and dare I say I enjoy it as much as I did shunt modding haha.

I would also like to apologise for not uploading the Clevo Dsanke Bioses, I’ll be updating that thread shortly with the link.

Where is the old NBR Gang at, you guys still about? @Papusan @Mr. Fox @Vasudev @jaybee83 @Reciever

Hey @DaMafiaGamer been a long time. Got busy with life and OC'ing isn't any fun with every OEM locking it out, I miss the days when i OC'ed the hell out of crap mid-range  which was very enjoyable. Just waiting for right Phoenix Point APU currently most of them are vaporware in India unless I pay top dollars for soldered DRAM,WiFi, SSD model.

• Thumb Up 3
  • Sad 1

Thanks guys haha, yeah @Vasudev I miss the days you could overclock a 1070 mxm to perform like a desktop 1080 as it had more cuda cores than a 1070 lol. Safe to say Nvidia would NEVER do that again. No vbios locks, could mod the wattage with ease, ah those were simpler times, now you’ve got to deal with NVIDIA’s cancerous dynamic boost, ec limitations and more, that’s not even including the worst: everything being BGA…

Now that Clevo abandoned us I’m left looking at framework and those measly 8 lanes of pcie 4.0 the framework 16 offers for the gpu, oh well an upgradable gpu is still something I guess.

• Thumb Up 3

MSI GE78HX QHD 240Hz - i7-13700HX, RTX 4080, 32GB RAM 6400MHz, 1TB SSD

Gaming/Editing Rig - Intel Core i9-13900KF, RTX 4090 (1000w XOC vbios), 32GB RAM, 1TB SSD

54 minutes ago, DaMafiaGamer said:

Thanks guys haha, yeah @Vasudev I miss the days you could overclock a 1070 mxm to perform like a desktop 1080 as it had more cuda cores than a 1070 lol. Safe to say Nvidia would NEVER do that again. No vbios locks, could mod the wattage with ease, ah those were simpler times, now you’ve got to deal with NVIDIA’s cancerous dynamic boost, ec limitations and more, that’s not even including the worst: everything being BGA…

Now that Clevo abandoned us I’m left looking at framework and those measly 8 lanes of pcie 4.0 the framework 16 offers for the gpu, oh well an upgradable gpu is still something I guess.

The P750FM needs some work, I think the 1080 started dying on me after too many experiments lmao

If an RTX 3080 somehow ends up in my orbit it may be time to look into how to get supplemental power in it 

• Thumb Up 3
  • Bump 1

58 minutes ago, Reciever said:

The P750FM needs some work, I think the 1080 started dying on me after too many experiments lmao

If an RTX 3080 somehow ends up in my orbit it may be time to look into how to get supplemental power in it 

P750FM rofl, always cracks me up 😄 

• Thumb Up 1
  • Haha 1

Mine: Hyperion "Titan God of Heat, Heavenly Light, Power" (2022-24)
AMD Ryzen 9 7950X (custom TG IHS) / Asus ROG Crosshair X670E Extreme / MSI Geforce RTX 4090 Suprim X / Teamgroup T-Force Delta RGB DDR5-8200 2x24 GB / Seagate Firecuda 530 4 TB / 5x Samsung 860 Evo 4 TB / Arctic Liquid Freezer II 420 (Push/Pull 6x Noctua NF-A14 IndustrialPPC-3000 intake) / Seasonic TX-1600 W Titanium / Phanteks Enthoo Pro 2 TG (3x Arctic P12 A-RGB intake / 4x Arctic P14 A-RGB exhaust / 1x Arctic P14 A-RGB RAM cooling) / Samsung Odyssey Neo G8 32" 4K 240 Hz / Ducky One 3 Daybreak Fullsize Cherry MX Brown / Corsair M65 Ultra RGB / PDP Afterglow Wave Black

My Lady's: Clevo NH55JNNQ "Alfred" (2022-24)
Sharp LQ156M1JW03 FHD matte 15.6" IGZO 8 bit @248 Hz / Intel Core i5 12600 / Nvidia Geforce RTX 3070 Ti / Mushkin Redline DDR4-3200 2x32 GB / Samsung 970 Pro 1 TB / Samsung 870 QVO 8 TB / Intel AX201 WIFI 6+BT 5.2 / Win 11 Pro Phoenix Lite OS / 230 W PSU powered by Prema Mod!

On 9/7/2023 at 11:33 AM, DaMafiaGamer said:

Hola brother. Long time no seen. Happy you found the right place with us older NBR gang. Hope all is well with you. As other pointed out. Laptops in all shapes and forms is now dead. For me… I went back to desktops. And same time using older laptops without the dreaded soldered mess. I hope I can find an used X170 or an P870 of the latest model. I won’t touch or buy the new modern trash. Happy to see you here old friend 🙂

• Thumb Up 3

"The Killer"  ASUS ROG Z790 Apex Encore | 14900KS | 4090 HOF + 20 other graphics cards | 32GB DDR5 | Be Quiet! Dark Power Pro 12 - 1500 Watt | Second PSU - Cooler Master V750 SFX Gold 750W (For total of 2250W Power) | Corsair Obsidian 1000D | Custom Cooling | Asus ROG Strix XG27AQ 27" Monitors |

Papusan @ HWBOTTeam PremaMod @ HWBOT | Papusan @ YouTube Channel

On 9/12/2023 at 11:20 PM, Papusan said:

Hola brother. Long time no seen. Happy you found the right place with us older NBR gang. Hope all is well with you. As other pointed out. Laptops in all shapes and forms is now dead. For me… I went back to desktops. And same time using older laptops without the dreaded soldered mess. I hope I can find an used X170 or an P870 of the latest model. I won’t touch or buy the new modern trash. Happy to see you here old friend 🙂

Yes, I don't know what happened most taptop oems are using soldered DRAM/Wi-Fi/SSD even on thinkpads with Raptor lake or Zen 4. Its a mess.

• Thumb Up 1
  • Sad 1

On 9/7/2023 at 12:33 PM, DaMafiaGamer said:

Welcome back!

Schenker DTR 15(P751TM1) @Dsanke Bios, I7-8700, 32GB 2666MHz RAM, GTX 1060, 15,6“ 4K B156ZAN02.2 Display

Welcome back,  I have given up OC'ing. Just not into it anymore. Love reading about it all, but just want to sit at my pc's and work these days. Well that and shoot the poop here too!  

• Haha 3

Workstation - Dell XPS 8940 - desktop creative powerhouse

Mobile Workstation - Dell inspiron 5406 2 in 1 - mobile creative beast

Wifey's Notebook - Dell inspiron 3169 - Little gem for our businesses