NotebookTalk

8GBx25 (200GB) DDR4 SODIMMS, any ideas what to do with it?

Reciever

Good Evening! 

Was curious if anyone had any interesting ideas of what to do with 8GBx25 worth of DDR4 SODIMMS. About half is 2133Mhz and the other half is 2400Mhz, a few 2666Mhz

Are there any server boards that can use it? workstations? nifty adapters? I already have maxed out my laptops, thin clients and micro's 

I have four T7810's and I think 1 T5810 

2 of the T7810's have been outfitted with 128GB of RAM each and I have enough to make the third unit 64GB (8GBx8) 

@Rage Set Might you have any ideas? I know they make adapters to slot them into DIMM slots, no idea if they work with workstations though.

• Confused 1

duuude LOL, how? why? 😄 

• Haha 1

Mine: Hyperion "Titan God of Heat, Heavenly Light, Power" (2022-24)
AMD Ryzen 9 7950X (custom TG IHS) / Asus ROG Crosshair X670E Extreme / MSI Geforce RTX 4090 Suprim X / Teamgroup T-Force Delta RGB DDR5-8200 2x24 GB / Seagate Firecuda 530 4 TB / 5x Samsung 860 Evo 4 TB / Arctic Liquid Freezer II 420 (Push/Pull 6x Noctua NF-A14 IndustrialPPC-3000 intake) / Seasonic TX-1600 W Titanium / Phanteks Enthoo Pro 2 TG (3x Arctic P12 A-RGB intake / 4x Arctic P14 A-RGB exhaust / 1x Arctic P14 A-RGB RAM cooling) / Samsung Odyssey Neo G8 32" 4K 240 Hz / Ducky One 3 Daybreak Fullsize Cherry MX Brown / Corsair M65 Ultra RGB / PDP Afterglow Wave Black

My Lady's: Clevo NH55JNNQ "Alfred" (2022-24)
Sharp LQ156M1JW03 FHD matte 15.6" IGZO 8 bit @248 Hz / Intel Core i5 12600 / Nvidia Geforce RTX 3070 Ti / Mushkin Redline DDR4-3200 2x32 GB / Samsung 970 Pro 1 TB / Samsung 870 QVO 8 TB / Intel AX201 WIFI 6+BT 5.2 / Win 11 Pro Phoenix Lite OS / 230 W PSU powered by Prema Mod!

4 hours ago, jaybee83 said:

duuude LOL, how? why? 😄 

I used to hold a bunch of spare parts for a couple of our clients that let's just say was buddy buddy with the ceo. We kicked them to the curb and they told me to get rid of it.

I put some in 6x hp t630's for potential homelab cluster. Then I forgot that I had them until this last weekend when I started repurposing my mining hardware into homelab virtual sandboxes.

Going to use the sandboxes for homelab but I've also been interested in gpu pass through as well. 

• Thumb Up 1

• 2 months later...

my apartment a few years ago was broken into, lost 25x 8gb ram modules. if I ever catch that person..lol joking. now thats alot of ram I have 64gb and I dont scratch 10gb usage, I think 64gb is even enough for a server. I wonder about virtual machines I might dabble in that

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled