NotebookTalk

All about Windows 11 news and announcements

Papusan

49 minutes ago, Papusan said:

Talking about new features. Microsoft have backtracked the security problem for now. Would you trust that guinea pigs is good enough to make this feature more secure? Why trust unpaid guinea pig if one of the worlds best engineers have failed doing it right? Would you use an unpaid maid to operate as a heart surgeon on the local hospital? That the way Microsoft do it. 

We are adjusting the release model for Recall to leverage the expertise of the Windows Insider community free paid guinea pig to ensure the experience meets our high standards for quality and security.

Microsoft recalls Recall: Controversial AI feature won't be in Copilot+ Windows build at launch
https://www.tomshardware.com/software/windows/microsoft-recalls-recall-controversial-ai-feature-wont-be-in-copilot-windows-build-at-launch

They are totally unworthy of anyone's trust. Their criminal intentions and extreme stupidity are unfixable deal-breakers. Their examples of poor judgement are unforgivable and recurring with alarming frequency. I wish the worst for them and crApple. The world would be a better place if both of them were gone. I would delight in seeing both of them fail and go out of business.

• Thumb Up 1
  • Like 1

Wraith // Z790 Apex | 14900KF | 4090 Suprim X+Byksi Block | 48GB DDR5-8600 | Toughpower GF3 1650W | MO-RA3 360 | Hailea HC-500A || O11D XL EVO
Banshee // Z790 Apex Encore | 13900KS | 4090 Gaming OC+Alphacool Block | 48GB DDR5-8600 | RM1200x SHIFT | XT45 1080 Nova || Dark Base Pro 901
Munchkin // Z790i Edge | 14900KF | Arc A770 Phantom Gaming OC | 48GB DDR5-8200 | GameMax 850W | EK Nucleus CR360 Dark || Prime AP201 
Half-Breed // Dell Precision 7720 | BGA CPU Filth+MXM Quadro P5000 | Sub-$500 Grade A Refurb || Nothing to Write Home About  

Mr. Fox YouTube Channel | Mr. Fox @ HWBOT

The average response time for a 911 call is 10 minutes. The response time of a .357 is 1400 feet per second. 

41 minutes ago, Mr. Fox said:

They are totally unworthy of anyone's trust. Their criminal intentions and extreme stupidity are unfixable deal-breakers. Their examples of poor judgement are unforgivable and recurring with alarming frequency. I wish the worst for them and crApple. The world would be a better place if both of them were gone. I would delight in seeing both of them fail and go out of business.

You can't trust Microsoft doing the right thing with Copilot+ and the recall feature. It will be a huge security risk. Only Microsoft and the different governments will have a gain from it. Not the users.   

"Microsoft knew about the security flaw that led to the Solarwinds hack"

Microsoft: Therefore you should not use local account

• Thumb Up 2

"The Killer"  ASUS ROG Z790 Apex Encore | 14900KS | 4090 HOF + 20 other graphics cards | 32GB DDR5 | Be Quiet! Dark Power Pro 12 - 1500 Watt | Second PSU - Cooler Master V750 SFX Gold 750W (For total of 2250W Power) | Corsair Obsidian 1000D | Custom Cooling | Asus ROG Strix XG27AQ 27" Monitors |

Papusan @ HWBOTTeam PremaMod @ HWBOT | Papusan @ YouTube Channel

Perhaps the higher-ups at Microsoft should re-evaluate their priorities in developing Windows? Having up to 10% CPU usage taken up on a user's system while it's doing nothing at the same time privacy concerns around Recall and the like are getting worse than ever is not a good look. 

Windows 11 Cross Device Service bug eats CPU resources — Microsoft identifies cause but no fix ready yet

• Thumb Up 2

"The Killer"  ASUS ROG Z790 Apex Encore | 14900KS | 4090 HOF + 20 other graphics cards | 32GB DDR5 | Be Quiet! Dark Power Pro 12 - 1500 Watt | Second PSU - Cooler Master V750 SFX Gold 750W (For total of 2250W Power) | Corsair Obsidian 1000D | Custom Cooling | Asus ROG Strix XG27AQ 27" Monitors |

1 hour ago, Papusan said:

Perhaps the higher-ups at Microsoft should re-evaluate their priorities in developing Windows? Having up to 10% CPU usage taken up on a user's system while it's doing nothing at the same time privacy concerns around Recall and the like are getting worse than ever is not a good look. 

Windows 11 Cross Device Service bug eats CPU resources — Microsoft identifies cause but no fix ready yet

Didn't notice it on my sis's laptop.

• Thumb Up 1

If people trust Microsoft they are idiots. And if they trust any tech company they are equal idiots as well. @Mr. Fox Enjoy. Finally some good read about modern tech

While I’m talking about Microsoft here, the reality is that many people don’t trust tech companies in general. That's spot on. And not a understatement. You can't have trust in greed and stupidity.

• Thumb Up 3
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Papusan said:

If people trust Microsoft they are idiots. And if they trust any tech company they are equal idiots as well. @Mr. Fox Enjoy

While I’m talking about Microsoft here, the reality is that many people don’t trust tech companies in general. That's spot on. And not a understatement. You can't have trust in greed and stupidity.

💯 you can't and shouldn't trust any tech company to do the right thing(s) for the people that purchase and/or use their products. The only thing you can trust about them is that they will do what is best for them, even when it makes their products and services less desirable, and even when it is harmful to the users of those products. They are self-absorbed scum that feel a sense of entitlement and prey on the stupidity of consumers.

• Thumb Up 2
  • Like 1

Wraith // Z790 Apex | 14900KF | 4090 Suprim X+Byksi Block | 48GB DDR5-8600 | Toughpower GF3 1650W | MO-RA3 360 | Hailea HC-500A || O11D XL EVO
Banshee // Z790 Apex Encore | 13900KS | 4090 Gaming OC+Alphacool Block | 48GB DDR5-8600 | RM1200x SHIFT | XT45 1080 Nova || Dark Base Pro 901
Munchkin // Z790i Edge | 14900KF | Arc A770 Phantom Gaming OC | 48GB DDR5-8200 | GameMax 850W | EK Nucleus CR360 Dark || Prime AP201 
Half-Breed // Dell Precision 7720 | BGA CPU Filth+MXM Quadro P5000 | Sub-$500 Grade A Refurb || Nothing to Write Home About  

The average response time for a 911 call is 10 minutes. The response time of a .357 is 1400 feet per second. 

15 minutes ago, Mr. Fox said:

💯 you can't and shouldn't trust any tech company to do the right thing(s) for the people that purchase and/or use their products. The only thing you can trust about them is that they will do what is best for them, even when it makes their products less desirable, and even when it is harmful to the users of those products.

I wish the younger gen was smarter. But it goes the wrong way. Being stupid or cluesless is an modern trend. You get what you ask for.

younger.jpg

https://www.openweb.com/share/2i0cOGfm2ETG8JzDruVCNMW8x7I

• Thumb Up 1
  • Like 1
  • Bump 1

2 minutes ago, Papusan said:

I wish the younger gen was smarter. But it goes the wrong way. Being stupid or cluesless is an modern trend. You get what you ask for.

younger.jpg

Kevin and Daniel seem to be smarter than normal, like us. We are a dying breed. The stupidity that has become normal still affects us all. There is no place to step that isn't soiled with their poop, so the best you can hope for is that it only contaminates the soles of your shoes.

• Thumb Up 1
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Mr. Fox said:

Kevin and Daniel seem to be smarter than normal, like us. We are a dying breed. The stupidity that has become normal still affects us all. There is no place to step that isn't soiled with their poop, so the best you can hope for is that it only contaminates the soles of your shoes.

LOOL. This is spot on, HaHa

giphy.webp

The bottom line? Windows 11 24H2 is available to test, but only by those who own Copilot+ hardware. Does this mean that Windows Copilot+ PCs won’t ship with 24H2 on board, so they can optionally test it later? For a launch that’s supposedly all about artificial intelligence, there doesn’t seem to be a whole lot of smarts involved in this Windows 11 update.

https://www.pcworld.com/article/2370043/windows-11s-latest-update-is-kind-of-insane-in-a-bad-way.html

• Thumb Up 2
  • Sad 1

The whole situation with big tech shouldn't surprise anyone given the sort of minds and personalities that call the shots in these business typically cut throat sociopaths along with a few certifiable psychopaths. The relentless blood sucking for the sake of creating shareholder value at the expense of both workers and paying customers will ultimately doom the whole system given enough time.

• Like 1

Microsoft: Windows 11 can't open Photos due to non-Admin Group policy/ CSP policy conflict neowin.com

Earlier Microsoft confirmed that a bug was affecting the right-click context menu of Taskbar and Start menu apps like the New Teams and the New Outlook for Windows. The company has now confirmed another issue, this time, with the Photos app wherein the application would fail to start due to a conflict with a non-admin-based group policy or CSP (configuration service provider) policy.

Microsoft has confirmed that Windows 11 Pro to Enterprise upgrade is currently broken even when using a valid subscription. Microsoft believes the issue started with the April Patch Tuesday.

• Thumb Up 2

The beauty is in the details. Microsoft making Windows OS better than ever @Mr. Fox @Ashtrix @Vasudev+++🤢

OneDrive backs up files in Windows 11 – stealthily

Windows 11 computers are now pre-set to automatically copy folders to OneDrive. Microsoft is rolling out a new change to Windows 11 that lets OneDrive back up your files automatically, without you knowing. According to Neowin, the feature is preset in the operating system and must be turned off manually. Microsoft has not communicated the change publicly. It was a group of Windows 11 users on Reddit who first made the discovery.

Yup, fits very well with this.... They reall want all your info from "your" computer baked up on their servers. What will they use all the info and privacy for? AI training? Or ads that match your profile? Me thinking... We need it for both. + serve the different govennments so they can hold track on you. China and human rights will be the small guy into this. 

Microsoft Defender thinks plain text file is malware

Windows' built-in antivirus feature has a strange bug to say the least.

On 6/25/2024 at 3:44 PM, Papusan said:

The beauty is in the details. Microsoft making Windows OS better than ever @Mr. Fox @Ashtrix @Vasudev+++🤢

OneDrive backs up files in Windows 11 – stealthily

Windows 11 computers are now pre-set to automatically copy folders to OneDrive. Microsoft is rolling out a new change to Windows 11 that lets OneDrive back up your files automatically, without you knowing. According to Neowin, the feature is preset in the operating system and must be turned off manually. Microsoft has not communicated the change publicly. It was a group of Windows 11 users on Reddit who first made the discovery.

Yup, fits very well with this.... They reall want all your info from "your" computer baked up on their servers. What will they use all the info and privacy for? AI training? Or ads that match your profile? Me thinking... We need it for both. + serve the different govennments so they can hold track on you. China and human rights will be the small guy into this. 

Microsoft Defender thinks plain text file is malware

Windows' built-in antivirus feature has a strange bug to say the least.

They will be pushing group policy or defender updates to fix those. Some improperly saved txt files can cause if you're using unicode and non-unicode languages not conforming to the standards.

• Thumb Up 1

3 minutes ago, Vasudev said:

They will be pushing group policy or defender updates to fix those. Some improperly saved txt files can cause if you're using unicode and non-unicode languages not conforming to the standards.

Shouldn't happen in first place. I have deleted Defender on all my OS and prefer Eset. All too much weirdo happen with Microsoft trash software. 

• Bump 1

LOOL

Microsoft is damn funny. They have a lots of fun with the stupids that think newer has to be better. And they jump on it everythime and never learn 

A couple of days ago, Microsoft released the latest non-security update for Windows 11 and Windows 10. The latter received a bunch of useful fixes, while Windows 11 got some new features and changes. If you are tempted to try KB5039302, beware of a nasty bug that can seriously break your computer to the point of being completely unable to use it. Microsoft has just confirmed that KB5039302 is causing infinite restarts on some systems.
  • Sad 1

51 minutes ago, Papusan said:

LOOL

Microsoft is damn funny. They have a lots of fun with the stupids that think newer has to be better. And they jump on it everythime and newer learn @Mr. Fox

A couple of days ago, Microsoft released the latest non-security update for Windows 11 and Windows 10. The latter received a bunch of useful fixes, while Windows 11 got some new features and changes. If you are tempted to try KB5039302, beware of a nasty bug that can seriously break your computer to the point of being completely unable to use it. Microsoft has just confirmed that KB5039302 is causing infinite restarts on some systems.

*sigh* so many stupid people... so little time for stupidity 😑

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\WindowsUpdate]
"TargetReleaseVersion"=dword:00000001
"TargetReleaseVersionInfo"="22H2"
"ProductVersion"="Windows 10"

Or, for those who have already embraced degradation...

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\WindowsUpdate]
"TargetReleaseVersion"=dword:00000001
"TargetReleaseVersionInfo"="22H2"
"ProductVersion"="Windows 11"

No 23H2 preventative measures needed after merging the .reg files.

• Thumb Up 1
  • Bump 1

20 hours ago, Papusan said:

Shouldn't happen in first place. I have deleted Defender on all my OS and prefer Eset. All too much weirdo happen with Microsoft trash software. 

First thing I do after a clean install is delete defender and OneDrive from all my new installs on my personal systems.  I have zero desire for either.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1
  • Bump 1

Electrosoft Prime: 7950X3D | MSI X670E Carbon  | MSI Suprim X Liquid 4090 | AC LF II 420 | G.Skill 6000 A-Die 2x32GB | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB | EVGA 1600w P2 | Phanteks Ethroo Pro | Alienware AW3225QF 32" OLED

MelMel:  AMD Ryzen 5 7600x | Asus B650 Prime | Powercolor Spectra White 7900XTX | Asus Ryugin III 240mm AIO | M-die 2x16GB Custom | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB | EVGA P2 850w | Hyte Y40 | BenQ 32" 4k
Heath: i9-12900k | EVGA CLC 280 | Asus Strix Z690 D4 | Asus Strix 3080 | 32GB DDR4 2x16GB B-Die 4000  | WD Black SN850 512GB |  EVGA DG-77 | Samsung G7 32" 144hz 32"

Eurocom Raptor X15 | 12900k | Nvidia RTX 3070ti | 15.6" 1080p 240hz | Kingston 3200 32GB (2x16GB) | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB Heatsink Edition

2 hours ago, electrosoft said:

First thing I do after a clean install is delete defender and OneDrive from all my new installs on my personal systems.  I have zero desire for either.

💯

• Like 1