Jump to content
NotebookTalk

We did it. TM1 heatsink has been grafted to KM1


KabyZen
 Share

Recommended Posts

So with the help of some engineer friends, I finally did the TM1 heatsink into KM1 mod.271965888_417951703461410_7806749404713094238_n.thumb.jpg.bcbac63c98c0413787628b86ea349afe.jpg

 

I swear the computer is on Nyquil or something cause its QUIET now (idling at 36-40 degrees now). Thank you guys for doing the research that made this happen!

  • Thumb Up 3
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2/14/2022 at 7:42 AM, KabyZen said:

So with the help of some engineer friends, I finally did the TM1 heatsink into KM1 mod.271965888_417951703461410_7806749404713094238_n.thumb.jpg.bcbac63c98c0413787628b86ea349afe.jpg

 

I swear the computer is on Nyquil or something cause its QUIET now (idling at 36-40 degrees now). Thank you guys for doing the research that made this happen!

Tm heatsink can be made to fit on every p870 version. 

PC Specialist P870DM-G ALIENKILLER | i9-9900K 4.6 Ghz on all cores (-90 mv undervolted) | 32GB Hyper X Black 2666MHz | Clevo RTX 2080 3.1b undervolted for better temp 1905Mhz @881 mv | AUO B173HAN03.1 144hz Gsync | Samsung 980 NVME | 1TB SABRENT NVME | 2 TB SAMSUNG QVO SSD | Dsanke TM BIOS - Chujoi13 adapted based on needs | Network Card: Intel AX210-AX | Windows 10 Pro x64

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, runix18 said:

Tm heatsink can be made to fit on every p870 version. 

Even the original DM with the crappy parts?

Also here's my temps on an AIDA64 Stress Test:

273077148_2844461095844092_147489543768516134_n.thumb.png.c2c194b604042fb783b778b41960176b.png

When stressing FPU (avx stuff) I hit 83ish degrees Celsius, but my CPU overclock goes away although its not thermal throttling (no VRM throttling either). Any way to stop that? My power limits are 160 watts and my current limit is 2500 mA.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2/15/2022 at 11:29 PM, KabyZen said:

Even the original DM with the crappy parts?

Also here's my temps on an AIDA64 Stress Test:

273077148_2844461095844092_147489543768516134_n.thumb.png.c2c194b604042fb783b778b41960176b.png

When stressing FPU (avx stuff) I hit 83ish degrees Celsius, but my CPU overclock goes away although its not thermal throttling (no VRM throttling either). Any way to stop that? My power limits are 160 watts and my current limit is 2500 mA.

 

Yes even that one. 

IMG_20211002_165513.jpg

PC Specialist P870DM-G ALIENKILLER | i9-9900K 4.6 Ghz on all cores (-90 mv undervolted) | 32GB Hyper X Black 2666MHz | Clevo RTX 2080 3.1b undervolted for better temp 1905Mhz @881 mv | AUO B173HAN03.1 144hz Gsync | Samsung 980 NVME | 1TB SABRENT NVME | 2 TB SAMSUNG QVO SSD | Dsanke TM BIOS - Chujoi13 adapted based on needs | Network Card: Intel AX210-AX | Windows 10 Pro x64

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, KabyZen said:

I see, got a response to my bottom question?

see in bios on overclock menu if avx offset is set to another value than 0 (most people set it on 2, meaning -200 mhz when heavy avx workload detected). 

Other than that, see if the cpu power throttles when heavy avx load is involved. Use throttle stop and see what is going red.

PC Specialist P870DM-G ALIENKILLER | i9-9900K 4.6 Ghz on all cores (-90 mv undervolted) | 32GB Hyper X Black 2666MHz | Clevo RTX 2080 3.1b undervolted for better temp 1905Mhz @881 mv | AUO B173HAN03.1 144hz Gsync | Samsung 980 NVME | 1TB SABRENT NVME | 2 TB SAMSUNG QVO SSD | Dsanke TM BIOS - Chujoi13 adapted based on needs | Network Card: Intel AX210-AX | Windows 10 Pro x64

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, runix18 said:

see in bios on overclock menu if avx offset is set to another value than 0 (most people set it on 2, meaning -200 mhz when heavy avx workload detected). 

Other than that, see if the cpu power throttles when heavy avx load is involved. Use throttle stop and see what is going red.

Yup, according to ThrottleStop it power throttles under AVX load. My current limit is set to 2500, what is the max on these boards?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, KabyZen said:

Yup, according to ThrottleStop it power throttles under AVX load. My current limit is set to 2500, what is the max on these boards?

I have no ideea. I can only recomend to set default bios options and apply only overclock and undervolt and do not touch power options for the moment and see how it goes. 

PC Specialist P870DM-G ALIENKILLER | i9-9900K 4.6 Ghz on all cores (-90 mv undervolted) | 32GB Hyper X Black 2666MHz | Clevo RTX 2080 3.1b undervolted for better temp 1905Mhz @881 mv | AUO B173HAN03.1 144hz Gsync | Samsung 980 NVME | 1TB SABRENT NVME | 2 TB SAMSUNG QVO SSD | Dsanke TM BIOS - Chujoi13 adapted based on needs | Network Card: Intel AX210-AX | Windows 10 Pro x64

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

Yes it can, the limit on the controler is 1 amp, so 2 0.5 amp fans are ok.

  • Thumb Up 1

PC Specialist P870DM-G ALIENKILLER | i9-9900K 4.6 Ghz on all cores (-90 mv undervolted) | 32GB Hyper X Black 2666MHz | Clevo RTX 2080 3.1b undervolted for better temp 1905Mhz @881 mv | AUO B173HAN03.1 144hz Gsync | Samsung 980 NVME | 1TB SABRENT NVME | 2 TB SAMSUNG QVO SSD | Dsanke TM BIOS - Chujoi13 adapted based on needs | Network Card: Intel AX210-AX | Windows 10 Pro x64

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2/18/2022 at 8:10 PM, KabyZen said:

Yup, according to ThrottleStop it power throttles under AVX load. My current limit is set to 2500, what is the max on these boards?

about 170W. I have had to raise various secondary power limits in the prema bios to get that high without throttle, it was a long process to find what to raise to get rid of the eDP throttle flags on this DM3 (and the older DM 6700K also with premabios to go beyond 4.6ghz). Tbh I forget exactly which settings I raised iirc it was input current related. This 9900K can handle 4.9 with a -25mV offset so the headroom is there but there's a hardware limit that causes instant shutoff that gets triggered beyond 170W so do all my testing with power and iccmax limits in place

Cooling is the main problem, I had to make my own heatsink with extra heatpipes and a waterblock on top adding hybrid watercooling to handle 9900K @ 4.9ghz/150W. I don't bother stress testing AVX anymore I hardly ever use it, just set and forget with a -3 offset. I stress for stability using x264/x265 as I do have to encode semi regularly.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/4/2022 at 6:26 AM, runix18 said:

Yes it can, the limit on the controler is 1 amp, so 2 0.5 amp fans are ok.

Runix, sorry to bother again, I have another question, how it's the las bios for te 8xxx 9xxx procesors on the 870dm? Still needs to use the optical port to have headphones? (witch reduces the quality and power of the signal..) 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, biodi said:

Runix, sorry to bother again, I have another question, how it's the las bios for te 8xxx 9xxx procesors on the 870dm? Still needs to use the optical port to have headphones? (witch reduces the quality and power of the signal..) 

It depends on what bios you are using. Dsanke has 2 types of bios for the DM:

1. The TM  port (I recommend may version), which has support for 8xxx 9xxx processors and pascal/turing support, but has the sound bug - I am using this one because I have the mod and I need Pascal support and I am using bluetooth headsets.

2. The mod on original bios which has support for 8xxx 9xxx processors but no pascal/turing support. This one does not have the sound bug (behaves exactly like the original bios).

PC Specialist P870DM-G ALIENKILLER | i9-9900K 4.6 Ghz on all cores (-90 mv undervolted) | 32GB Hyper X Black 2666MHz | Clevo RTX 2080 3.1b undervolted for better temp 1905Mhz @881 mv | AUO B173HAN03.1 144hz Gsync | Samsung 980 NVME | 1TB SABRENT NVME | 2 TB SAMSUNG QVO SSD | Dsanke TM BIOS - Chujoi13 adapted based on needs | Network Card: Intel AX210-AX | Windows 10 Pro x64

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/11/2022 at 6:52 PM, bennyg said:

about 170W. I have had to raise various secondary power limits in the prema bios to get that high without throttle, it was a long process to find what to raise to get rid of the eDP throttle flags on this DM3 (and the older DM 6700K also with premabios to go beyond 4.6ghz). Tbh I forget exactly which settings I raised iirc it was input current related. This 9900K can handle 4.9 with a -25mV offset so the headroom is there but there's a hardware limit that causes instant shutoff that gets triggered beyond 170W so do all my testing with power and iccmax limits in place

Cooling is the main problem, I had to make my own heatsink with extra heatpipes and a waterblock on top adding hybrid watercooling to handle 9900K @ 4.9ghz/150W. I don't bother stress testing AVX anymore I hardly ever use it, just set and forget with a -3 offset. I stress for stability using x264/x265 as I do have to encode semi regularly.

For the DM3 you have this tutorial, courtesy to brother FOX

Have applied these setting on my DM and never had a throttle flag since. 

PC Specialist P870DM-G ALIENKILLER | i9-9900K 4.6 Ghz on all cores (-90 mv undervolted) | 32GB Hyper X Black 2666MHz | Clevo RTX 2080 3.1b undervolted for better temp 1905Mhz @881 mv | AUO B173HAN03.1 144hz Gsync | Samsung 980 NVME | 1TB SABRENT NVME | 2 TB SAMSUNG QVO SSD | Dsanke TM BIOS - Chujoi13 adapted based on needs | Network Card: Intel AX210-AX | Windows 10 Pro x64

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, runix18 said:

It depends on what bios you are using. Dsanke has 2 types of bios for the DM:

1. The TM  port (I recommend may version), which has support for 8xxx 9xxx processors and pascal/turing support, but has the sound bug - I am using this one because I have the mod and I need Pascal support and I am using bluetooth headsets.

2. The mod on original bios which has support for 8xxx 9xxx processors but no pascal/turing support. This one does not have the sound bug (behaves exactly like the original bios).

Thanks, so as I have a msi 1070, I will need the TM port and an IR headset. 😬

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, biodi said:

Thanks, so as I have a msi 1070, I will need the TM port and an IR headset. 😬

 

It depends, because your MSI gtx 1070 will work fine with a inf mod. Do you have the dual heatsink on it? (modded gtx 980 DT one or single 980m heatsink)?

For example if you have a single heatsink and really want native audio support you can go with the original bios modded one.

PC Specialist P870DM-G ALIENKILLER | i9-9900K 4.6 Ghz on all cores (-90 mv undervolted) | 32GB Hyper X Black 2666MHz | Clevo RTX 2080 3.1b undervolted for better temp 1905Mhz @881 mv | AUO B173HAN03.1 144hz Gsync | Samsung 980 NVME | 1TB SABRENT NVME | 2 TB SAMSUNG QVO SSD | Dsanke TM BIOS - Chujoi13 adapted based on needs | Network Card: Intel AX210-AX | Windows 10 Pro x64

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/18/2022 at 7:25 PM, runix18 said:

It depends, because your MSI gtx 1070 will work fine with a inf mod. Do you have the dual heatsink on it? (modded gtx 980 DT one or single 980m heatsink)?

For example if you have a single heatsink and really want native audio support you can go with the original bios modded one.

Yep, I made it with a modified inf. 

I'am actually with the 980m heatsink, with temps nearly 80°C, and I can controll the secondary fan with RLECViewer. I was planing to made some modification to both heatsinks (cpu and gpu), thats why I ask you about adding fans to the controllers..

I'm also with a 6600k (undelided and hot) , bottlenecking the gpu, and upgrading to a 6700k (or 7700k) dosen't seems to increase much performance (5-10%). 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/18/2022 at 6:32 AM, runix18 said:

It depends on what bios you are using. Dsanke has 2 types of bios for the DM:

1. The TM  port (I recommend may version), which has support for 8xxx 9xxx processors and pascal/turing support, but has the sound bug - I am using this one because I have the mod and I need Pascal support and I am using bluetooth headsets.

2. The mod on original bios which has support for 8xxx 9xxx processors but no pascal/turing support. This one does not have the sound bug (behaves exactly like the original bios).

I did find a way to get around this bug and now my headphone jack mutes speakers as intended so now I can use my headphone or optical DAC. Think it was the use of the 6.0.1.8591 Realtek TM1 drivers. Sound Blaster Connect works as intended too.

 

On 3/11/2022 at 11:52 AM, bennyg said:

about 170W. I have had to raise various secondary power limits in the prema bios to get that high without throttle, it was a long process to find what to raise to get rid of the eDP throttle flags on this DM3 (and the older DM 6700K also with premabios to go beyond 4.6ghz). Tbh I forget exactly which settings I raised iirc it was input current related. This 9900K can handle 4.9 with a -25mV offset so the headroom is there but there's a hardware limit that causes instant shutoff that gets triggered beyond 170W so do all my testing with power and iccmax limits in place

Cooling is the main problem, I had to make my own heatsink with extra heatpipes and a waterblock on top adding hybrid watercooling to handle 9900K @ 4.9ghz/150W. I don't bother stress testing AVX anymore I hardly ever use it, just set and forget with a -3 offset. I stress for stability using x264/x265 as I do have to encode semi regularly.

 

On 3/18/2022 at 6:35 AM, runix18 said:

For the DM3 you have this tutorial, courtesy to brother FOX

Have applied these setting on my DM and never had a throttle flag since. 

I will have to check this out. I only get the throttling on AVX2 so let's see.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/19/2022 at 11:26 PM, biodi said:

Yep, I made it with a modified inf. 

I'am actually with the 980m heatsink, with temps nearly 80°C, and I can controll the secondary fan with RLECViewer. I was planing to made some modification to both heatsinks (cpu and gpu), thats why I ask you about adding fans to the controllers..

I'm also with a 6600k (undelided and hot) , bottlenecking the gpu, and upgrading to a 6700k (or 7700k) dosen't seems to increase much performance (5-10%). 

You can mod the 980 DT heatsink to work with MSI 1070 and tie up the 2 fans together in parallel on the main fan header. (do not connect the yellow wire on the second fan (only red and black)

Here is the mod. read carefully till the end of the post.

 

Where the CPU is concerned I  personally recommend a 9600k (same delta as the 6700k at same clock but way faster)

PC Specialist P870DM-G ALIENKILLER | i9-9900K 4.6 Ghz on all cores (-90 mv undervolted) | 32GB Hyper X Black 2666MHz | Clevo RTX 2080 3.1b undervolted for better temp 1905Mhz @881 mv | AUO B173HAN03.1 144hz Gsync | Samsung 980 NVME | 1TB SABRENT NVME | 2 TB SAMSUNG QVO SSD | Dsanke TM BIOS - Chujoi13 adapted based on needs | Network Card: Intel AX210-AX | Windows 10 Pro x64

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, runix18 said:

You can mod the 980 DT heatsink to work with MSI 1070 and tie up the 2 fans together in parallel on the main fan header. (do not connect the yellow wire on the second fan (only red and black)

Here is the mod. read carefully till the end of the post.

 

Where the CPU is concerned I  personally recommend a 9600k (same delta as the 6700k at same clock but way faster)

Wow... wordless...  Weird that this actually worked 😆. Yours only fit the 1080? (its listed for 50€ on ali) 

I may try it as the 980dt heatsink is 50€ on ali, but first I will start with the CPU

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, biodi said:

Wow... wordless...  Weird that this actually worked 😆. Yours only fit the 1080? (its listed for 50€ on ali) 

I may try it as the 980dt heatsink is 50€ on ali, but first I will start with the CPU

Yes, mine fit the Clevo 1080 as my heatsink is a DM3 heatsink with a mod to fit the DM, also my DM has the MXM wire mod mod to be able to start Clevo GTX/RTX cards.

PC Specialist P870DM-G ALIENKILLER | i9-9900K 4.6 Ghz on all cores (-90 mv undervolted) | 32GB Hyper X Black 2666MHz | Clevo RTX 2080 3.1b undervolted for better temp 1905Mhz @881 mv | AUO B173HAN03.1 144hz Gsync | Samsung 980 NVME | 1TB SABRENT NVME | 2 TB SAMSUNG QVO SSD | Dsanke TM BIOS - Chujoi13 adapted based on needs | Network Card: Intel AX210-AX | Windows 10 Pro x64

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 6 months later...
On 3/22/2022 at 1:41 AM, KabyZen said:

I did find a way to get around this bug and now my headphone jack mutes speakers as intended so now I can use my headphone or optical DAC. Think it was the use of the 6.0.1.8591 Realtek TM1 drivers. Sound Blaster Connect works as intended too.

 

 

I will have to check this out. I only get the throttling on AVX2 so let's see.

Do you have an original DM and you sound works as intended like on original bios? 

No max volume speakers/headset all the time? 

SBX works? 

 

Pls explain further more how did you do it.

PC Specialist P870DM-G ALIENKILLER | i9-9900K 4.6 Ghz on all cores (-90 mv undervolted) | 32GB Hyper X Black 2666MHz | Clevo RTX 2080 3.1b undervolted for better temp 1905Mhz @881 mv | AUO B173HAN03.1 144hz Gsync | Samsung 980 NVME | 1TB SABRENT NVME | 2 TB SAMSUNG QVO SSD | Dsanke TM BIOS - Chujoi13 adapted based on needs | Network Card: Intel AX210-AX | Windows 10 Pro x64

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use