Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled

18 hours ago, ryan said:

sorry!! 😞

had my depot yesterday, hopefully i recover soon, hallucinating

Hey, you're in our thoughts and prayers, Brother @ryan

• Like 3
  • Bump 1

Wraith // Z790 Apex | 14900KF | 4090 Suprim X+Byksi Block | 48GB DDR5-8600 | Toughpower GF3 1650W | MO-RA3 360 | Hailea HC-500A || O11D XL EVO

Banshee // Z790 Apex Encore | 13900KS | 4090 Gaming OC+Alphacool Block | 48GB DDR5-8600 | RM1200x SHIFT | XT45 1080 Nova || Antec C8

Spectre // Z790i Edge | 14900KF | 3090 Ti FTW3 | 48GB DDR5-8200 | RM1000e | EK Nucleus CR360 Direct Die || Prime A21

Methuselah // X79 Rampage IV Gene | Xeon E5 1680V2 | 2080 Ti | 32GB DDR3-2400 | GameMax 850W | EK Nucleus CR360 Dark || Prime AP201

Half-Breed // Dell Precision 7720 | BGA CPU Filth+MXM Quadro P5000 | 4K Display | Sub-$500 Grade A Refurb | Nothing to Write Home About

Mr. Fox YouTube Channel | Mr. Fox @ HWBOT

The average response time for a 911 call is 10 minutes. The response time of a .357 is 1400 feet per second. 

On 1/6/2024 at 3:16 AM, tps3443 said:

is 10GB vram enough forwards? 3080 desktop cards should still be good for 1440P. And bro @ryanwant to play some 4K. 

"The Killer"  ASUS ROG Z790 Apex Encore | 14900KS | 4090 HOF + 20 other graphics cards | 32GB DDR5 | Be Quiet! Dark Power Pro 12 - 1500 Watt | Second PSU - Cooler Master V750 SFX Gold 750W (For total of 2250W Power) | Corsair Obsidian 1000D | Custom Cooling | Asus ROG Strix XG27AQ 27" Monitors |

Papusan @ HWBOTTeam PremaMod @ HWBOT | Papusan @ YouTube Channel

does anyone know why my screenshots of the forum are being saved to the cloud automatically? weird have like 1000 pictures I dont need, only useful to sleuths lol. I think a 3080 would be enough for 4k @Papusan the 3060 does 4k/30 on low and the 3080 desktop should be able to do that for another 5 years. if it doesn't geforce now with its 4080 and upgrades each year should allow for 4k gaming for a while even if it is 25 bucks a month

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled

48 minutes ago, ryan said:

does anyone know why my screenshots of the forum are being saved to the cloud automatically? weird have like 1000 pictures I dont need, only useful to sleuths lol. I think a 3080 would be enough for 4k @Papusan the 3060 does 4k/30 on low and the 3080 desktop should be able to do that for another 5 years. if it doesn't geforce now with its 4080 and upgrades each year should allow for 4k gaming for a while even if it is 25 bucks a month

I hope you don't buy xx80 cards for 30 FPS gaming🙂

"The Killer"  ASUS ROG Z790 Apex Encore | 14900KS | 4090 HOF + 20 other graphics cards | 32GB DDR5 | Be Quiet! Dark Power Pro 12 - 1500 Watt | Second PSU - Cooler Master V750 SFX Gold 750W (For total of 2250W Power) | Corsair Obsidian 1000D | Custom Cooling | Asus ROG Strix XG27AQ 27" Monitors |

geforce now does 120fps. the 4080 is enough for medium 4k/120 and medium isnt like it was in 2000-2010. its all console level. I just got a lump sum of money, and I don't know yet. I need a use, for a desktop im not a video editor and don't think spending 4000 on a desktop for 10 extra frames is worth it.. sigh.

• Thumb Up 2

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled

6 minutes ago, ryan said:

geforce now does 120fps. the 4080 is enough for medium 4k/120 and medium isnt like it was in 2000-2010. its all console level. I just got a lump sum of money, and I don't know yet. I need a use, for a desktop im not a video editor and don't think spending 4000 on a desktop for 10 extra frames is worth it.. sigh.

If you are keen on Geforce now then there isnt a need for a desktop

• Thumb Up 1
  • Like 1
  • Bump 1

its a tough call!

Geforce Now is far from perfect, you will get artifacts and blurry blotches when using wifi sometimes, depends on the connection. ethernet I have yet to see it falter it looks native. I was going to spend some of the money on a desktop but now its looking like a better buy for geforce now with my laptops and my main rig. I still might buy a desktop just not sure if I should go all out. Anything on the next xx90?

@Reciever These gentlemen are more niche, they want the best and although bro has recommended getting a A770 build and the other mentions of just building slowly its beyond me, I might just have to jump in. im thinking one foot at a time is a good idea(slowly). I will likely do more window shopping 

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled

7 hours ago, ryan said:

its a tough call!

Geforce Now is far from perfect, you will get artifacts and blurry blotches when using wifi sometimes, depends on the connection. ethernet I have yet to see it falter it looks native. I was going to spend some of the money on a desktop but now its looking like a better buy for geforce now with my laptops and my main rig. I still might buy a desktop just not sure if I should go all out. Anything on the next xx90?

@Reciever These gentlemen are more niche, they want the best and although bro has recommended getting a A770 build and the other mentions of just building slowly its beyond me, I might just have to jump in. im thinking one foot at a time is a good idea(slowly). I will likely do more window shopping 

The enthusiastic and helpful gentlemen's advice on how to build the best desktop is second to none, but it would only make sense to follow that if you have a real need for the device, the space for it, and - crucially, given the cost - the funds, with no way of allocating them that would benefit you more.   

• Like 1

"We're rushing towards a cliff, but the closer we get, the more scenic the views are."

-- Max Tegmark

AI: Major Emerging Existential Threat To Humanity

8 hours ago, ryan said:

its a tough call!

You could also consider eGPU since what you are aiming for is going to be largely GPU bound. Then later build a desktop around it when the laptop no longer suits the need. I would see what the performance is like over TB3/4 first.

No idea on next gen, my 3090 still takes care of my gaming needs to quite a large extent.

There is also no shame in not getting anything at all, you arent using this system to make money so its essentially entertainment only.

• Thumb Up 1

45 minutes ago, Reciever said:

You could also consider eGPU since what you are aiming for is going to be largely GPU bound. Then later build a desktop around it when the laptop no longer suits the need. I would see what the performance is like over TB3/4 first.

No idea on next gen, my 3090 still takes care of my gaming needs to quite a large extent.

There is also no shame in not getting anything at all, you arent using this system to make money so its essentially entertainment only.

You need a higher-end laptop with TB3/4 for that. USB-C won’t cut it. There are also card size and PSU limitations, 3 slot max on the largest units, 2x8 pin in the Razer (the PSU can be upgraded at an extra cost though).

• Like 1

"We're rushing towards a cliff, but the closer we get, the more scenic the views are."

-- Max Tegmark

AI: Major Emerging Existential Threat To Humanity

1 hour ago, Etern4l said:

You need a higher-end laptop with TB3/4 for that. USB-C won’t cut it. There are also card size and PSU limitations, 3 slot max on the largest units, 2x8 pin in the Razer (the PSU can be upgraded at an extra cost though).

Correct, not sure if the model ryan has is TB4 capable. I know the 3070 version of same chassis does have TB4. Shouldnt be difficult to verify but my googelfu is failing me this morning.

• Thumb Up 1

You can get something like the new MSI Claw and dock it to an eGPU since it has Thunderbolt 4 support. 

• Thumb Up 1

Desktop: Ryzen 5 5600X3D | 32 GB RAM | GeForce RTX 4070 Super | 4 TB SSD | Windows 11

Gigabyte Aorus 16X: Core i7-14650HX | 32 GB RAM | GeForce RTX 4070 | 1 TB SSD | Windows 11

Lenovo IdeaPad 3 Gaming: Ryzen 7 6800H | 16 GB RAM | GeForce RTX 3050 | 512 GB SSD | Windows 11

Lenovo IdeaPad 5 Pro: Ryzen 5 5600U | 16 GB RAM | Radeon Graphics | 512 GB SSD | Windows 11

• 2 months later...

in the end I bought a RAX43 router for zippy wifi, and a half years worth of geforce now. so far so good its quite good, only artifacts once on a blue moon. Also I likely wont need to buy a claw as I have 2 laptops that have thunderbolt 4, my main rig has thunderbolt. EGPU enclocsures are fairly cheap then buying the gpu would be extremely cost effective as every  other component i don't need could go towards savings. Claw looks interesting thanks for the recommendations.

also if you guys have good internet i'd say geforce now is going to be tough to beat, just make sure you do the free connection test and your ping is under 30ms, mine is around 40ms and you can feel it slightly but once it dips to 30ms its unnoticeable

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled

I'd say the Lenovo Legion Go is the best handheld on the market right now. I have one and I love it! It's more performant than the Claw and is a good size at 8.8 inches for the screen. Personally, I'd like the screen to be bigger, so I'll have to see how the Onexplayer X1 pans out or if GPD makes a Win Max 3 and prices it better than their older models.

• Thumb Up 1

AlienyHackbook: Alienware M17X R5 | i7-4930MX | GTX 1060 | 32GB DDR3L Kingston HyperX @ 2133 MHz CL 12 | MacOS Sierra 10.12.5 | Windows 10 LTSC | Hackintoshes Rule!

Desktop Killer: Clevo X170SM-G | i9-10900K | RTX 2080 Super | 32GB DDR4 Crucial Ballistix @ 3200 MHz CL 16 | Windows 10 LTSC | Slayer Of Desktops

Sagattarius A: Custom Built Desktop | i9-10900K | RX 6950 XT | 32GB DDR4 G.Skill Ripjaws @ 4000 MHz CL 15 | Windows 10 LTSC | Ultimate Performance Desktop With Cryo Cooling!

their is a handheld with the new ultra 7 igpu i might be interested in that, is the legion go powered by the ultra 7?

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled

9 hours ago, ryan said:

their is a handheld with the new ultra 7 igpu i might be interested in that, is the legion go powered by the ultra 7?

It's powered by the Ryzen Z1 Extreme (basically a Ryzen 7840U). The ones powered by the Intel Ultra 7 are the Onexplayer X1 and MSI Claw. Those are the only two I know of.

AlienyHackbook: Alienware M17X R5 | i7-4930MX | GTX 1060 | 32GB DDR3L Kingston HyperX @ 2133 MHz CL 12 | MacOS Sierra 10.12.5 | Windows 10 LTSC | Hackintoshes Rule!

Desktop Killer: Clevo X170SM-G | i9-10900K | RTX 2080 Super | 32GB DDR4 Crucial Ballistix @ 3200 MHz CL 16 | Windows 10 LTSC | Slayer Of Desktops

Sagattarius A: Custom Built Desktop | i9-10900K | RX 6950 XT | 32GB DDR4 G.Skill Ripjaws @ 4000 MHz CL 15 | Windows 10 LTSC | Ultimate Performance Desktop With Cryo Cooling!

thanks for that, I was just looking into the z1 extreme. It looks like it has a 780m and thats pretty comparable to the arc in the ultra 5 and 7. Im leaning towards the ally as its on sale at bestbuy for 599.99 cad even though clearly the go is the better unit. I respect lenovo products its just that alot of times they are priced pretty out of touch. I would have bought a thinkbook over my zenbook but for what you get price wise its just unreasonable. do you know of a deal on a legion go>?

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled

3 hours ago, ryan said:

thanks for that, I was just looking into the z1 extreme. It looks like it has a 780m and thats pretty comparable to the arc in the ultra 5 and 7. Im leaning towards the ally as its on sale at bestbuy for 599.99 cad even though clearly the go is the better unit. I respect lenovo products its just that alot of times they are priced pretty out of touch. I would have bought a thinkbook over my zenbook but for what you get price wise its just unreasonable. do you know of a deal on a legion go>?

If you can wait and have access to a Micro Center, I'd say wait for a sale on Mico Center's 2TB config for the Legion Go. It's currently $750 USD but can get cheaper on sale. Otherwise, get the 512GB base config for $650 USD (or wait for a sale) and replace the SSD yourself.

Performance wise, the Legion Go is a little faster than the ROG Ally due to the faster RAM, but again, only by a little. However if you manually tune it like I did, you can widen that gap. I overclocked mine, tweaked some BIOS settings, and installed Windows 10 LTSC on it. Games run amazing as a result (144 fps at 800p).

yeah I found the 512gb model for 650cad open box. looks good. I just don't know how much id use it, I have a cell that I never game on. I might get one even if its only an hour a day

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled

• 2 weeks later...
  • Thumb Up 2

39 minutes ago, Papusan said:

very nice base, then later down the line upgrade that to a nicely binned 14900KS and OC the crap out of it 😄 

• Thumb Up 1
  • Like 1

Mine: Hyperion "Titan God of Heat, Heavenly Light, Power" (2022-24)
AMD Ryzen 9 7950X (TG High Perf. IHS) / Asus ROG Crosshair X670E Extreme / MSI Geforce RTX 4090 Suprim X / Teamgroup T-Force Delta RGB DDR5-8200 2x24 GB / Seagate Firecuda 530 4 TB / 5x Samsung 860 Evo 4 TB / Arctic Liquid Freezer II 420 (Push/Pull 6x Noctua NF-A14 IndustrialPPC-3000 intake) / Seasonic TX-1600 W Titanium / Phanteks Enthoo Pro 2 TG (3x Arctic P12 A-RGB intake / 4x Arctic P14 A-RGB exhaust / 1x Arctic P14 A-RGB RAM cooling) / Samsung Odyssey Neo G8 32" 4K 240 Hz / Ducky One 3 Daybreak Fullsize Cherry MX Brown / Corsair M65 Ultra RGB / PDP Afterglow Wave Black

My Lady's: Clevo NH55JNNQ "Alfred" (2022-24)
Sharp LQ156M1JW03 FHD matte 15.6" IGZO 8 bit @248 Hz / Intel Core i5 12600 / Nvidia Geforce RTX 3070 Ti / Mushkin Redline DDR4-3200 2x32 GB / Samsung 970 Pro 1 TB / Samsung 870 QVO 8 TB / Intel AX201 WIFI 6+BT 5.2 / Win 11 Pro Phoenix Lite OS / 230 W PSU powered by Prema Mod!

yeah Im getting money for pain and suffering now...this time I have every laptop I could ever need like 5 computers and its kinda funny using a 1000 dollar laptop as a chromecast lol..but hey I guess if two go down. in the end they will likely get sold off after being upgraded hopefully I make money not lose money, thinking ebay is my best bet.

going to get about 1800 likely, and I can from what you guys shown get a pretty nice desktop for 1800. will be fun benchmarking and gaming at 4k.

if only you could benchmark nvidias GFN gpus, lol funny stuff....calls nvidia to tweak settings. for gaming a xbox series x or geforce now on a mini pc is the logical thing to do as I can't see my future changing and 0 good games are being released that look like they were built in the 10s and 20s. I booted up half life 2 from 2005 and thought hey this looks pretty good and im getting great frames to boot. booted up forza and thought ugh lee. trees look like blob then pop into detail a foot away. alot of games are poorly thought out, they look gawd awful and its funny seeing people spend 6000 to play something that has worse lods than a 2005 game in 2024. but hey each to their own

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled

• 3 weeks later...

Ok I can save money by waiting for the 5090 or get a 4090 now. I'm willing to spend 3500 cad max. Suggestions? It would be something else to get a 4090 desktop but it seems the best I can find is 4070ti and I'd honestly rather have a 4090 laptop. I don't mind used but I'm gunning for a 4090. Either get a prebulit for 1500 and install a 2000 4090

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled