i need my depot(medication) getting sick

• Sad 3

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled

1 hour ago, tps3443 said:

@ryan I have some parts I could

pass on for free if you need them. PSU, some Intel 660P Gen3 512GB m.2 nvme drives, even some cases if you want to cover the shipping lol. 

I’d shop the hardest on CPU/GPU/Ram/Motherboard though. 

Me and my wife are in the process of buying our first house, and I have a closet full of clutter.

How awesome.

47 minutes ago, ryan said:

sorry ill be back thanks so much @bros/

Sorry, hope you feel better real quick, bro.

This is for you... good technical info and a look at what comes with a mobo.

Wraith // Z790 Apex | 14900KF | 4090 Suprim X+Byksi Block | 48GB DDR5-8600 | Toughpower GF3 1650W | MO-RA3 360 | Hailea HC-500A || O11D XL EVO
Banshee // Z790 Apex Encore | 13900KS | 4090 Gaming OC+Alphacool Block | 48GB DDR5-8600 | RM1200x SHIFT | XT45 1080 Nova || Dark Base Pro 901
Munchkin // Z790i Edge | 14900K | Arc A770 Phantom Gaming OC | 48GB DDR5-8000 | GameMax 850W | EK Nucleus CR360 Dark || Prime AP201 
Half-Breed // Dell Precision 7720 | BGA CPU Filth+MXM Quadro P5000 | Sub-$500 Grade A Refurb || Nothing to Write Home About  

Mr. Fox YouTube Channel | Mr. Fox @ HWBOT

The average response time for a 911 call is 10 minutes. The response time of a .357 is 1400 feet per second.

3 hours ago, jaybee83 said:

@ryan i get the feeling ure rushing things a bit. if a solid setup is just out of your budget range right now then just wait a few weeks until u hit ur budget target. no sense in rush buying subpar components now and insta-regretting it down the line... do it right first time 🙂 

1 hour ago, tps3443 said:

@ryan I have some parts I could

pass on for free if you need them. PSU, some Intel 660P Gen3 512GB m.2 nvme drives, even some cases if you want to cover the shipping lol. 

I’d shop the hardest on CPU/GPU/Ram/Motherboard though. 

Me and my wife are in the process of buying our first house, and I have a closet full of clutter.

I agree you just need to slow down and focus on the core components and take up @tps3443 on his generous offer.

Decide if you want Intel (13th/14th) or AMD (AM5) then focus on the motherboard, cpu and memory right now. They are the most important out the gate.

Snag a PSU and SSD from @tps3443...maybe even a case if shipping is much cheaper than buying a new case.

BAM, your core system is ready to go.

Then wait for the Supers to drop and prices to adjust accordingly post holidays and pick up a GPU.

• Thumb Up 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Like 1

Electrosoft Prime: 7950X3D | MSI X670E Carbon  | MSI Suprim X Liquid 4090 | AC LF II 420 | G.Skill 6000 A-Die 2x32GB | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB | EVGA 1600w P2 | Phanteks Ethroo Pro | Alienware AW3225QF 32" OLED

Eurocom Raptor X15 | 12900k | Nvidia RTX 3070ti | 15.6" 1080p 240hz | Kingston 3200 32GB (2x16GB) | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB Heatsink Edition
Heath: i9-12900k | EVGA CLC 280 | Asus Strix Z690 D4 | Asus Strix 3080 | 32GB DDR4 2x16GB B-Die 4000  | WD Black SN850 512GB |  EVGA DG-77 | Samsung G7 32" 144hz 32"

MelMel:  (Retrofit currently in progress)

2 hours ago, ryan said:

sorry ill be back thanks so much @bros/

Sorry to hear bro. This is quite serious stuff. Feel better soon and take good care of yourself. The most important thing is for you to get better, the desktop can wait.

@Custom90gt would probably be in the best position to advise further on this thread. @tps3443 might have had the right idea, circumstances permitting.

• Like 1

"We're rushing towards a cliff, but the closer we get, the more scenic the views are."

-- Max Tegmark

AI: Major Emerging Existential Threat To Humanity

9 hours ago, Mr. Fox said:

I've never owned a 13700K, but I've never heard anything bad about one. It should be fantastic for gaming and from what I understand they overclock well. 

https://hwbot.org/hardware/processor/core_i7_13700k/

https://hwbot.org/submission/5126282_thebloodslug_cinebench___r23_multi_core_with_benchmate_core_i7_13700k_42671_cb

I  can put it in here.... 

8 hours ago, Papusan said:

If you can find the 14700K for around the same amount money then you get 20 cores and slightly higher clock speed. And you get Intel APO support if that is something you care about. Could be handy for the gamers if Intel was able to implement it for more games. 

Sum up
That said, Intel is offering a lot more chip for your money with the 14700K over previous generations. If you're chasing multithreaded power and don't want to sacrifice leading gaming performance, you won't find a rival for the same money.

"The Killer"  ASUS ROG Z790 Apex Encore | 14900KS | 4090 HOF + 20 other graphics cards | 32GB DDR5 | Be Quiet! Dark Power Pro 12 - 1500 Watt | Second PSU - Cooler Master V750 SFX Gold 750W (For total of 2250W Power) | Corsair Obsidian 1000D | Custom Cooling | Asus ROG Strix XG27AQ 27" Monitors |

Papusan @ HWBOTTeam PremaMod @ HWBOT | Papusan @ YouTube Channel

If I was building a PC right now. I’d do everything possible to swing for a 14700K or 14900KF minimum just for longevity concerns and the APO features. You’d have a great processor for next 5 years minimum lol. No worrying about upgrading down the line. I wouldn’t look away from a 13900K/KS either though. 

• Like 3
  • Bump 1

13900KF

6 hours ago, tps3443 said:

If I was building a PC right now. I’d do everything possible to swing for a 14700K or 14900KF minimum just for longevity concerns and the APO features. You’d have a great processor for next 5 years minimum lol. No worrying about upgrading down the line. I wouldn’t look away from a 13900K/KS either though. 

Definitely on the 13900k front if the price is right. If you can snag one for less than $400 used, that would be the way to go. Even mid tier Z690/Z790 boards have beefy VRMs.

• Like 2

Electrosoft Prime: 7950X3D | MSI X670E Carbon  | MSI Suprim X Liquid 4090 | AC LF II 420 | G.Skill 6000 A-Die 2x32GB | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB | EVGA 1600w P2 | Phanteks Ethroo Pro | Alienware AW3225QF 32" OLED

Eurocom Raptor X15 | 12900k | Nvidia RTX 3070ti | 15.6" 1080p 240hz | Kingston 3200 32GB (2x16GB) | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB Heatsink Edition
Heath: i9-12900k | EVGA CLC 280 | Asus Strix Z690 D4 | Asus Strix 3080 | 32GB DDR4 2x16GB B-Die 4000  | WD Black SN850 512GB |  EVGA DG-77 | Samsung G7 32" 144hz 32"

• Thumb Up 2
  • Bump 1

Wraith // Z790 Apex | 14900KF | 4090 Suprim X+Byksi Block | 48GB DDR5-8600 | Toughpower GF3 1650W | MO-RA3 360 | Hailea HC-500A || O11D XL EVO
Banshee // Z790 Apex Encore | 13900KS | 4090 Gaming OC+Alphacool Block | 48GB DDR5-8600 | RM1200x SHIFT | XT45 1080 Nova || Dark Base Pro 901
Munchkin // Z790i Edge | 14900K | Arc A770 Phantom Gaming OC | 48GB DDR5-8000 | GameMax 850W | EK Nucleus CR360 Dark || Prime AP201 
Half-Breed // Dell Precision 7720 | BGA CPU Filth+MXM Quadro P5000 | Sub-$500 Grade A Refurb || Nothing to Write Home About  

The average response time for a 911 call is 10 minutes. The response time of a .357 is 1400 feet per second.

On 1/6/2024 at 3:51 AM, Reciever said:

They change their rules over at OCN? DIdnt know Zelle was permitted.

I had that model 3080, punchy card! 

New owners, new mods, new/different rules. A lot of what used to not fly now gets a pass it seems including just asking $0 and letting offers come in to circumvent the illogical, "You can't ask more than MSRP or how much you paid (with proof) for items." I always thought this was the dumbest rule ever. Let market forces speak especially with binned CPUs that can go for 2-3x MSRP depending on quality (sometimes more).

I've never used Zelle so I don't know how it stacks up against PP and Venmo.

On 1/6/2024 at 8:16 PM, Mr. Fox said:

My main priorities in graphic fidelity are:

RT

FOV

Draw Distance

Then I adjust settings around that starting with ultra and slowly lowering them till *I* can see a meaningful visual degradation that is unacceptable to me. It can make a  massive difference.

• Thumb Up 3

1 hour ago, electrosoft said:

It is very simple if your bank offers it. You give someone your email address that you register with your bank and they transfer money from their checking or savings account directly to yours. Essentially a direct deposit. There are no fees and I like using it. The transfer is not reversible, so if you use it to pay for something make sure you are getting what you expect. It is best suited for in-person purchases for that reason.

• Bump 1

thanks again can't stress that enough. 

I checked out that 3080, and that would be the perfect gpu for me given my budget. I think you guys are right no need to rush it, I will likely start the build in a week and look forwards to playing horizon 5 at 4k/120. bro @tps3443 thanks, I dont mind buying off you. I just don't have enough to start, i'll have 2000 in a few days/weeks and think thats about just right to build a good desktop, already have a great tv so it's pretty exciting thinking about how great it will be, and the pleasure from benchmarking, I have no idea what to expect if what I know about laptops with transfer over to desktop or if its another beast ill learn, slowly but surely

• Thumb Up 1

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled

8 hours ago, electrosoft said:

New owners, new mods, new/different rules. A lot of what used to not fly now gets a pass it seems including just asking $0 and letting offers come in to circumvent the illogical, "You can't ask more than MSRP or how much you paid (with proof) for items." I always thought this was the dumbest rule ever. Let market forces speak especially with binned CPUs that can go for 2-3x MSRP depending on quality (sometimes more).

You can more or less look at it like PP F&F and not be off base. While as this forums administrator I cant easily condone its use, what people do in private transactions is their business as long as its legal.

• Thumb Up 1
  • Bump 1

13 hours ago, Reciever said:

You can more or less look at it like PP F&F and not be off base. While as this forums administrator I cant easily condone its use, what people do in private transactions is their business as long as its legal.

Paypal Friends & Family is awesome and I

hope it becomes more accepted!!! I hate hate hate hate standard PayPal. I have a credit card with PayPal, so if I wanted to burn them I guess I could (That’d be pretty dumb, and I definitely won’t do that but still they should have a little faith in me), anyways, if I sell a wooden stick for $102 dollars they will hold my funds until the cows come home 🤣 and then, even after delivery confirmation they still won’t release the funds. They hold peoples money to gain interest maybe? I don’t know why they do this. But I hate their standard payment methods. 

I have all the cool PayPal stuff, pay after delivery, pay in 4, and even PayPal credit. Which all work amazingly and I love these features. But when I sell something, and receive a normal PayPal payment, I ship the item, tracking is uploaded, item is delivered, and yet I still have to always reach out to paypal to get a manual release which usually always ends in them telling me to kick rocks. 

My last ordeal was 7 days released after delivery, which I mean, whatever it is what it is. Oh, and I have sold a few thousand dollars worth of stuff in 2023. And they still do me this way lol. So I know exactly why some people just absolutely refuse normal PayPal. Because I feel the same way. It’s not because we wanna scam you, it’s because we hate PayPal 🤣

If the person is legit that is all that really matters. 

• Thumb Up 1
  • Bump 1

13900KF

13 hours ago, tps3443 said:

hope it becomes more accepted!!! I hate hate hate hate standard PayPal. I literally have a high limit credit card with PayPal right now, so if I wanted to burn em I sure could (That’d be pretty dumb, and I definitely won’t but still they should have a little faith in me), anyways, if I sell a wooden stick for $102 dollars they will hold my funds until the cows come home 🤣 and then, even after delivery confirmation they still won’t release the funds. They hold peoples money to gain interest maybe? I don’t know why they do this. But I hate their standard payment methods. 

I have all the cool PayPal stuff, pay after delivery, pay in 4, and even PayPal credit. Which all work amazingly and I love these features. But when I sell something, and receive a normal PayPal payment, I ship the item, tracking is uploaded, item is delivered, and yet I still have to always reach out to paypal to get a manual release which usually always ends in them telling me to kick rocks. 

My last ordeal was 7 days released after delivery, which I mean, whatever it is what it is. Oh, and I have sold a few thousand dollars worth of stuff in 2023. And they still do me this way lol. So I know exactly why some people just absolutely refuse normal PayPal. Because I feel the same way. It’s not because we wanna scam you, it’s because we hate PayPal 🤣

Thats all well and good but shortly before NBR was closed down, a member was scammed out a few grand over a clevo laptop. Payment method was PP F&F.

Its why that trust must be established between individuals, why as the administrator I cant easily condone it. I am not a fan of Paypal generally, since its typically used to scam me in private sales. It (and other services similar to it) have its place where appropriate. 

• Thumb Up 1
  • Bump 1

14 hours ago, tps3443 said:

hope it becomes more accepted!!! I hate hate hate hate standard PayPal. I have a credit card with PayPal, so if I wanted to burn them I guess I could (That’d be pretty dumb, and I definitely won’t do that but still they should have a little faith in me), anyways, if I sell a wooden stick for $102 dollars they will hold my funds until the cows come home 🤣 and then, even after delivery confirmation they still won’t release the funds. They hold peoples money to gain interest maybe? I don’t know why they do this. But I hate their standard payment methods. 

It might come down to level of sales, credit history and any past problems on PP or elsewhere. If you're still having holds on sales even now you might want to figure out why. I have zero problems and no holds on most of my transactions. Only time I get a potential hold is some International sales to specific countries which PayPal will tell you after the transaction is complete. I then immediately refund the amount and tell them I will only do F&F. I used to use PP F&F to receive from USA buyers but I can't now because I have a business account and PP removed that in 2022 for inter-state sales. For International, it still works. They allow you to "upgrade" your personal account to business but now downgrade it back to personal....convenient. You have to either delete your account and re-open it with the same email or open a secondary account with a different email.

A 7 day hold after delivery is really out of the norm especially if you're established and have had no problems and good credit history. I sold a few items recently on PP and the funds were immediately available.

F&F works best because you avoid the 3% fee AND you don't have to worry about it being on your taxes since "Build Back Better" absolutely screwed over small sellers with inane lowered reporting thresholds. For now, I'll just have to take Venmo for state side sales which is owned by PP and does F&F too.

1 hour ago, Reciever said:

Thats all well and good but shortly before NBR was closed down, a member was scammed out a few grand over a clevo laptop. Payment method was PP F&F.

Its why that trust must be established between individuals, why as the administrator I cant easily condone it. I am not a fan of Paypal generally, since its typically used to scam me in private sales. It (and other services similar to it) have its place where appropriate. 

Unfortunately no system is safe and even PP can be abused even with checks and balances in place. Having used PP since inception, I've been hard scammed approximately 3 times and soft scammed 3 times as a seller. I've lost count over the years how many transactions I cancelled/refunded because they didn't pass the smell test. It is nearly impossible to be scammed as a buyer as you have so many layers of protection in place but soft scam too many people and you will have your account frozen on PP and eBay as sellers to report what happens after the refund/return.

As a seller, one thing PP needs to do is get rid of the 6-month return window and reduce it to 30 days. Half a year is just insane and I had a buyer claim a CPU was faulty before and return it at 5.5 months after purchase. Luckily the CPU was returned and when tested worked just fine but still....

Hard scam = take your money and run (as a buyer) or initiate a return and send back garbage (as a seller).

Soft scam = make up an excuse to return a product that fully works or return it broken months later.

• Thumb Up 1

2 hours ago, electrosoft said:

Unfortunately no system is safe and even PP can be abused even with checks and balances in place. Having used PP since inception, I've been hard scammed approximately 3 times and soft scammed 3 times as a seller. I've lost count over the years how many transactions I cancelled/refunded because they didn't pass the smell test. It is nearly impossible to be scammed as a buyer as you have so many layers of protection in place but soft scam too many people and you will have your account frozen on PP and eBay as sellers to report what happens after the refund/return.

As a seller, one thing PP needs to do is get rid of the 6-month return window and reduce it to 30 days. Half a year is just insane and I had a buyer claim a CPU was faulty before and return it at 5.5 months after purchase. Luckily the CPU was returned and when tested worked just fine but still....

Hard scam = take your money and run (as a buyer) or initiate a return and send back garbage (as a seller).

Soft scam = make up an excuse to return a product that fully works or return it broken months later.

Very true. I have been screwed too many times on the high dollar items on sites like ebay. The best defense imho is time. The more time people invest into their internet handles the less inclined they would be to burn those handles for a quick buck.

posts removed, warnings issued. Thread will remain open.

• Thumb Up 1
  • Like 1

On 1/6/2024 at 8:16 PM, Mr. Fox said:

hm two schools of thought on this i guess:

1) i got a maxxed out system, I WANT FLUID 100+ FPS ON ALL GAMES COMPLETELY MAXXXXED

2) i got a maxxed out system, GIMME GAMES THAT USE EVERYTHING I HAVE AND STILL GOT ROOM TO GROW!

best example of this is vram usage: some people freak out when their 24GB GPUs are suddenly loaded with 20+ GB, others welcome that those 24GB are actually being USED for something.

• Thumb Up 1
  • Bump 1

Mine: Hyperion "Titan God of Heat, Heavenly Light, Power" (2022-24)
AMD Ryzen 9 7950X (custom TG IHS) / Asus ROG Crosshair X670E Extreme / MSI Geforce RTX 4090 Suprim X / Teamgroup T-Force Delta RGB DDR5-8200 2x24 GB / Seagate Firecuda 530 4 TB / 5x Samsung 860 Evo 4 TB / Arctic Liquid Freezer II 420 (Push/Pull 6x Noctua NF-A14 IndustrialPPC-3000 intake) / Seasonic TX-1600 W Titanium / Phanteks Enthoo Pro 2 TG (3x Arctic P12 A-RGB intake / 4x Arctic P14 A-RGB exhaust / 1x Arctic P14 A-RGB RAM cooling) / Samsung Odyssey Neo G8 32" 4K 240 Hz / Ducky One 3 Daybreak Fullsize Cherry MX Brown / Corsair M65 Ultra RGB / PDP Afterglow Wave Black

My Lady's: Clevo NH55JNNQ "Alfred" (2022-24)
Sharp LQ156M1JW03 FHD matte 15.6" IGZO 8 bit @248 Hz / Intel Core i5 12600 / Nvidia Geforce RTX 3070 Ti / Mushkin Redline DDR4-3200 2x32 GB / Samsung 970 Pro 1 TB / Samsung 870 QVO 8 TB / Intel AX201 WIFI 6+BT 5.2 / Win 11 Pro Phoenix Lite OS / 230 W PSU powered by Prema Mod!

44 minutes ago, jaybee83 said:

hm two schools of thought on this i guess:

1) i got a maxxed out system, I WANT FLUID 100+ FPS ON ALL GAMES COMPLETELY MAXXXXED

2) i got a maxxed out system, GIMME GAMES THAT USE EVERYTHING I HAVE AND STILL GOT ROOM TO GROW!

best example of this is vram usage: some people freak out when their 24GB GPUs are suddenly loaded with 20+ GB, others welcome that those 24GB are actually being USED for something.

I think that video is geared toward people that do not have maxed out systems, yet they blame the game for being crap because the game runs like garbage with ultra settings when their build does not include ultra-capable hardware.

• Thumb Up 2

It would appear that this thread has veered off the topic. Given the presumed seriousness of the situation, I would again suggest that the owner should prioritise his time and money spend on health. Would a new PC benefit him, or should they buy say a new bike and exercise more if possible, and eat better food for instance?

Even if the new desktop was still on, as we know, the budget would be limited so discussing the merits of MAXED OUT 4090 PERFORMANCE is perhaps not so helpful here. In the end it’s just mostly quite silly repetitive entertainment, just delivered with higher fidelity and fps which do suffer from diminishing returns.

• Thumb Up 2
  • Haha 2

"We're rushing towards a cliff, but the closer we get, the more scenic the views are."

-- Max Tegmark

17 hours ago, Etern4l said:

It would appear that this thread has veered off the topic. Given the presumed seriousness of the situation, I would again suggest that the owner should prioritise his time and money spend on health. Would a new PC benefit him, or should they buy say a new bike and exercise more if possible, and eat better food for instance?

Even if the new desktop was still on, as we know, the budget would be limited so discussing the merits of MAXED OUT 4090 PERFORMANCE is perhaps not so helpful here. In the end it’s just mostly quite silly repetitive entertainment, just delivered with higher fidelity and fps which do suffer from diminishing returns.

Had to chuckle at this, youre right! We tend to get hyperfocused here on hardware and performance haha. Naturally, it's difficult to judge what priorities a person should focus on in their life, we can only provide support in terms of hardware specs / budget / configs, etc. Unless otherwise specified by that person...

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X (custom TG IHS) / Asus ROG Crosshair X670E Extreme / MSI Geforce RTX 4090 Suprim X / Teamgroup T-Force Delta RGB DDR5-8200 2x24 GB / Seagate Firecuda 530 4 TB / 5x Samsung 860 Evo 4 TB / Arctic Liquid Freezer II 420 (Push/Pull 6x Noctua NF-A14 IndustrialPPC-3000 intake) / Seasonic TX-1600 W Titanium / Phanteks Enthoo Pro 2 TG (3x Arctic P12 A-RGB intake / 4x Arctic P14 A-RGB exhaust / 1x Arctic P14 A-RGB RAM cooling) / Samsung Odyssey Neo G8 32" 4K 240 Hz / Ducky One 3 Daybreak Fullsize Cherry MX Brown / Corsair M65 Ultra RGB / PDP Afterglow Wave Black

Sharp LQ156M1JW03 FHD matte 15.6" IGZO 8 bit @248 Hz / Intel Core i5 12600 / Nvidia Geforce RTX 3070 Ti / Mushkin Redline DDR4-3200 2x32 GB / Samsung 970 Pro 1 TB / Samsung 870 QVO 8 TB / Intel AX201 WIFI 6+BT 5.2 / Win 11 Pro Phoenix Lite OS / 230 W PSU powered by Prema Mod!

10 minutes ago, jaybee83 said:

Had to chuckle at this, youre right! We tend to get hyperfocused here on hardware and performance haha. Naturally, it's difficult to judge what priorities a person should focus on in their life, we can only provide support in terms of hardware specs / budget / configs, etc. Unless otherwise specified by that person...

You probably missed the posts where @ryan shared the nature of his health issues, including some medication details.

• Thumb Up 2

-- Max Tegmark

1 minute ago, Etern4l said:

You probably missed the posts where @ryan shared the nature of his health issues, including some medication details.

indeed, hope hes doing ok!

• Thumb Up 2