NotebookTalk

Witcher 3 Next Gen Delayed(hold the surprised gasps!)

Hertzian56

Sadly the W3 upgrade is not that good 🥲, Looks like  normal CD Projekt RED launch, remember Cyberpunk 😄, Even a 4090 cannot get a stable framerate over 60 on 4k RT on no DLSS

Wait for updates 😁

• Confused 1

7950X3D| Zotac 4090 AMP Extreme Airo| MSI MPG B650 Edge Wifi| Lian Li Galahad 360 V2| 32GB Kingston Renegade RGBZ 6000|Kingston KC3000 2TB| Fury Renegade 2TB|Samsung 970 Evo 1TB| Lian Li O11 Dynamic Evo| Corsair HX1500i| Samsung Odyssey G9 Neo

Asus Zephyrus G15 (Ryzen 9 6900HS + RTX3080)

1 hour ago, Etern4l said:

I thought they show has been fine, mostly thanks to core characters being cast and acted well enough, although I also don't understand why they didn't just follow the source material verbatim instead of trying to reinvent the wheel. They are not far off, but things seem a bit out of order. No way someone not familiar with the source material would be able to completely follow the story as it was intended (although to be fair the timeline is already a bit convoluted in the books, perhaps the writers got confused lol). Some aspects of the Witcher character seem to be completely missing AFAIR. He is basically an outcast, a dying breed, and tends to be mocked/insulted or deeply feared whenever he shows up among the male general public, whereas with Cavill in the role they made him more of an generally adored stud...  I am worried Liam Hemsworth will struggle to introduce that extra depth to the character, fingers crossed though.

image?url=https:%252F%252Fstatic.onecms.

I'm fine with the "get your facts straight, then distort them at your leisure" approach. I'm not a huge Witcher guy only played w3 but you can tell the source was pretty rich in its own right for the games to translate to a mass audience in the media space. 

Just seems odd to have people who don't like the IP write fke the show though. It would be find if they were professional and just compartmentalize the disdain but being a creative endeavor would make that kind of difficult 

2 hours ago, cylix said:

Sadly the W3 upgrade is not that good 🥲, Looks like  normal CD Projekt RED launch, remember Cyberpunk 😄, Even a 4090 cannot get a stable framerate over 60 on 4k RT on no DLSS

Wait for updates 😁

Yeah typical cpdr, release a mess and then send in the patches, unless you have a overpower brute force system which as you said can't max it out to 60fps 4k, probably with dlss though. Rest of us pleibs left out in the cold. Is it so hard to test on a mid range average system for a month or so? TW3 not active for me atm so come back to it a few months from now. It does look better though, reflections mostly but I'm guessing that's RT on which is not something I'd do with my current system during normal play, not playing at 30fps or less with the state of the game right now.  Probably still looks better without RT but not worth the headache until a few patches show up.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/15/2022 at 8:38 PM, cylix said:

Wait for updates 😁

well that sucks....but still hope with potential patches upcoming then.

Mine: Hyperion "Titan God of Heat, Heavenly Light, Power" (2022-24)
AMD Ryzen 9 7950X (custom TG IHS) / Asus ROG Crosshair X670E Extreme / MSI Geforce RTX 4090 Suprim X / Teamgroup T-Force Delta RGB DDR5-8200 2x24 GB / Seagate Firecuda 530 4 TB / 5x Samsung 860 Evo 4 TB / Arctic Liquid Freezer II 420 (Push/Pull 6x Noctua NF-A14 IndustrialPPC-3000 intake) / Seasonic TX-1600 W Titanium / Phanteks Enthoo Pro 2 TG (3x Arctic P12 A-RGB intake / 4x Arctic P14 A-RGB exhaust / 1x Arctic P14 A-RGB RAM cooling) / Samsung Odyssey Neo G8 32" 4K 240 Hz / Ducky One 3 Daybreak Fullsize Cherry MX Brown / Corsair M65 Ultra RGB / PDP Afterglow Wave Black

My Lady's: Clevo NH55JNNQ "Alfred" (2022-24)
Sharp LQ156M1JW03 FHD matte 15.6" IGZO 8 bit @248 Hz / Intel Core i5 12600 / Nvidia Geforce RTX 3070 Ti / Mushkin Redline DDR4-3200 2x32 GB / Samsung 970 Pro 1 TB / Samsung 870 QVO 8 TB / Intel AX201 WIFI 6+BT 5.2 / Win 11 Pro Phoenix Lite OS / 230 W PSU powered by Prema Mod!

all i was saying is vanilla w3 vs gen 4 update vanilla is a downgrade. kinda like rdr2 looking like gta v after update

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled

I might fire this up to just see it, since it uses your saves so no need to start a new game would be nice to see the differences. I know a lot of people have stutter problems etc but that seems to always be with everything ultra 2k/4k rtx on 144hz etc I get it, pay a fortune for equipment capable of that you'd expect smooth gameplay. I'd just see how it looks with my same settings with dlss enabled and the global illumination probably just more cpu/gpu and ram usage. Maybe wait for a few patches though since I'm not really into playing this atm.

• Thumb Up 1

• 1 month later...

should be interesting to see what kind of gains we will see. Im just not a fan of the upgrade, wish they added vastly better textures. then again its going to be hard to improve w3 graphically as its a stunner. even for a 2013 game it still holds it own.

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled

Was watching this to see if the extra 50gb or so of install space is worth it, not convinced atm though, have to find ssd space for it and it's at a premium for me with all the older non-uninstall games like gta4-5, acod/aco, rdr2, arkham knight collection, thCOW, cp77 etc already taking up a ton of ssd/nvme space. Have to research how much NEW game content was added besides graphics and other tweaks to the original though, could make a difference. Since I'm already at 2k/60 on the original probably not worth it though.

Someone on reddit says gog final installed size is only about 47gb, my original complete is 36gb so it's not that much more. Can anyone lookup their TW3NG actual installed final size and reply back?

DLSS would be nice probably not much difference from original for me with that option going.

• Thumb Up 1

So my W3 folder is 60.8 GB right now, maybe because i have a ton of saves.

• Thumb Up 1

7950X3D| Zotac 4090 AMP Extreme Airo| MSI MPG B650 Edge Wifi| Lian Li Galahad 360 V2| 32GB Kingston Renegade RGBZ 6000|Kingston KC3000 2TB| Fury Renegade 2TB|Samsung 970 Evo 1TB| Lian Li O11 Dynamic Evo| Corsair HX1500i| Samsung Odyssey G9 Neo

Asus Zephyrus G15 (Ryzen 9 6900HS + RTX3080)

3 hours ago, cylix said:

So my W3 folder is 60.8 GB right now, maybe because i have a ton of saves.

I think the saves are in the mydocuments folder not in the game install folder, cpdr has a crappy save system, way too big a file for one save means huge sizes for a whole folder of saves. Yeah I'm guessing it would be like 50gb if I added the next gen onto it, may be worth it I got the idea that it would be like 70gb somewhere.

• Bump 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/16/2023 at 4:15 PM, Hertzian56 said:

Someone on reddit says gog final installed size is only about 47gb, my original complete is 36gb so it's not that much more.

Don't know where you are located at, or if you are slot limited, but there are some pretty good deals going on SSD's right now. 2tb for under $150

18 hours ago, SapphiraTriX298 said:

Don't know where you are located at, or if you are slot limited, but there are some pretty good deals going on SSD's right now. 2tb for under $150

I actually have the space for this game, I just got another nvme for my second slot, with cp77 and DL2 on there still have the space for TW3 Remastered but that would be almost all it's only 256gb so was cheap. I have a bunch of 2.5 SSDs as well but those have no-uninstall games on them. I could just go get like a 250gb old used 2.5 SSD stick it on there, I use a sata3 to USB3 adapter. I have plenty of room to put it on one of my 2.5hdd's, only just a longer load time and maybe some pop in in places. Until I'm wanting to play TW3 again it's hardly worth all that hassle anyways. I don't have the system for raytracing, dlss3 and such so definitely holding on this for a while. Probably better w a CPDR game to wait for a lot of patches.