NotebookTalk

Not new, but new!

kojack

Hey everyone, 

I am back!  Glad this place is reviving. I have been venturing around a couple of others and it's just not the same. Thankfully, this place should take hold with the regulars again!

• Thumb Up 5
  • Bump 2

Workstation - Dell XPS 8940 - desktop creative powerhouse

Mobile Workstation - Dell inspiron 5406 2 in 1 - mobile creative beast

Wifey's Notebook - Dell inspiron 3169 - Little gem for our businesses

Thanks. Happy to be back here!

• Thumb Up 2
  • Like 1

No, I think it was because someone started attacking and making fun of my son who has autism.  You don't do that with me.  I will fire back HARD! I am sure they would not do that to my face, I can guarantee you that one!  I do like some apple things, others not so much.  I am cool with google too.  Apple's ipad opened up my son to so many things.  So I cannot fault them.  I don't like their silly marketing crap, and the fact they say stuff like removing the charging blocks is for the environment and make the cable included not able to use the blocks they said everyone had already.  that was just one example of my distain for apple and their rhetoric.

• Confused 2
  • Sad 2

You were banned because Charles needed something to do. He banned alot of good men and women..anyways welcome back

• Haha 2
  • Bump 2

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled

1 minute ago, ryan said:

You were banned because Charles needed something to do. He banned alot of good men and women..anyways welcome back

No, I do remember someone starting making fun of my son, I LOST IT.  Called him/her everything under the sun in the off topic area.  I am almost 100 percent sure of that.  My family is freaking off limits on the net or real life.  Anyone who knows me,  mess with my family, my wife or my 2 sons, you will never be found...

3 minutes ago, ryan said:

No, I do remember someone starting making fun of my son, I LOST IT.  Called him/her everything under the sun in the off topic area.  I am almost 100 percent sure of that.  My family is freaking off limits on the net or real life.  Anyone who knows me,  mess with my family, my wife or my 2 sons, you will never be found...

Anywhoo, thats in the past now....onward and upward...love the new digs here and am going to enjoy getting information here again!

Are you serious? Holy Smokes.

I have illness and their are things you just don't say even if your the aggressor and slow. I'm a bit slow and someone is fn with my family..they also will have a dire albeit relaxing stay in hell

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled

18 minutes ago, kojack said:

No, I think it was because someone started attacking and making fun of my son who has autism.  You don't do that with me.  I will fire back HARD! I am sure they would not do that to my face, I can guarantee you that one!  I do like some apple things, others not so much.  I am cool with google too.  Apple's ipad opened up my son to so many things.  So I cannot fault them.  I don't like their silly marketing crap, and the fact they say stuff like removing the charging blocks is for the environment and make the cable included not able to use the blocks they said everyone had already.  that was just one example of my distain for apple and their rhetoric.

No such activities will be permitted here. We may all be passionate and maybe even prideful of our accrued knowledge/perspectives but attacking members for one reason or another will be struck down immediately. If a member happens to commit to that lane of engagement, report it and it will be stricken immediately. We have a good moderation team and I am thankful that they spare time for our forum. 

We have had our differences in the past but it was always of a professional nature. I hope to facilitate this forum into a space where hobbyists can mingle and newcomers can learn, hostile actors obviously not very conducive to that end. 

15 minutes ago, ryan said:

You can be critical of anyone whom you wish, but it better be grounded in facts. This forum stands because Charles was able to give us time to provide this landing pad for everyone. I will always be thankful to Charles even if I disagreed with him on some issues on the old forum.

• Thumb Up 2

1 minute ago, Reciever said:

No such activities will be permitted here. We may all be passionate and maybe even prideful of our accrued knowledge/perspectives but attacking members for one reason or another will be struck down immediately. If a member happens to commit to that lane of engagement, report it and it will be stricken immediately. We have a good moderation team and I am thankful that they spare time for our forum. 

We have had our differences in the past but it was always of a professional nature. I hope to facilitate this forum into a space where hobbyists can mingle and newcomers can learn, hostile actors obviously not very conducive to that end. 

You can be critical of anyone whom you wish, but it better be grounded in facts. This forum stands because Charles was able to give us time to provide this landing pad for everyone. I will always be thankful to Charles even if I disagreed with him on some issues on the old forum.

Agreed 100%.  I never took anything between us personally.  I was having fun and I did learn alot.  We will be fine here for sure!

• Like 2

8 hours ago, kojack said:

Hey everyone, 

I am back!  Glad this place is reviving. I have been venturing around a couple of others and it's just not the same. Thankfully, this place should take hold with the regulars again!

awesome man, welcome back. ull find NBT a more than worthy NBR successor 🙂 

3 hours ago, kojack said:

What the hell?  😮

3 hours ago, Reciever said:

preach! if you need to attack / curse at something, do it towards the hardware or the companies behind it. but not individual people 🙂 

Edited by Reciever
language
  • Thumb Up 2

Mine: Hyperion "Titan God of Heat, Heavenly Light, Power" (2022-24)
AMD Ryzen 9 7950X (custom TG IHS) / Asus ROG Crosshair X670E Extreme / MSI Geforce RTX 4090 Suprim X / Teamgroup T-Force Delta RGB DDR5-8200 2x24 GB / Seagate Firecuda 530 4 TB / 5x Samsung 860 Evo 4 TB / Arctic Liquid Freezer II 420 (Push/Pull 6x Noctua NF-A14 IndustrialPPC-3000 intake) / Seasonic TX-1600 W Titanium / Phanteks Enthoo Pro 2 TG (3x Arctic P12 A-RGB intake / 4x Arctic P14 A-RGB exhaust / 1x Arctic P14 A-RGB RAM cooling) / Samsung Odyssey Neo G8 32" 4K 240 Hz / Ducky One 3 Daybreak Fullsize Cherry MX Brown / Corsair M65 Ultra RGB / PDP Afterglow Wave Black

My Lady's: Clevo NH55JNNQ "Alfred" (2022-24)
Sharp LQ156M1JW03 FHD matte 15.6" IGZO 8 bit @248 Hz / Intel Core i5 12600 / Nvidia Geforce RTX 3070 Ti / Mushkin Redline DDR4-3200 2x32 GB / Samsung 970 Pro 1 TB / Samsung 870 QVO 8 TB / Intel AX201 WIFI 6+BT 5.2 / Win 11 Pro Phoenix Lite OS / 230 W PSU powered by Prema Mod!

Out of curiosity, how did you find this forum? 

• Thumb Up 1

Alienware m18             : Intel Core i9 13900HX                  | nVidia GeForce RTX 4090    | K1675 | 2x1TB SSDs 

Alienware Area-51M : Intel Core i9-9900K @ 5.3Ghz    | nVidia GeForce RTX 2080    | AX210 | Samsung 970 Evo+ 
Alienware M18x R2 :    Intel Core i7 3920XM @ 4.7Ghz | nVidia Quadro RTX 3000     | AX210 | Samsung 980 PRO   
Clevo X170SM-G:         Intel Core i7 10700K @ Stock     | nVidia GeForce RTX 2070S | AX210 | 256GB+2x512GB 

More Laps: M14x (555m) | M14xR2 (650m) | M15x (980m) | M17xR3 (880m) | M18xR1 (880m SLI) | 18 R1 (RTX 3000)

DT: Aurora R4 (i9 10980XE/RTX 4070) | Area-51 R2 (22-Core Xeon/2x Titan V) | SR-2 [2x6-Core/3x980Ti] | Mac Studio

CS Studios YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/CSStudiosYT 

4 hours ago, ssj92 said:

Out of curiosity, how did you find this forum? 

I was a member for years on the previous forum, I went to search for the Aspire 7720 upgrade thread and stumbled upon a Reddit about NBR. That led me to here.  Thankfully. I always loved coming to NBR and Shooting the turds with everyone. 

• Haha 1

Charles was OK. I don't think it was his words or moderation that made nbr a great place rather the eclectic interesting people that contributed. Charles did alot but at the end of the day he was needlessly strict. Htwingnut had like 40 000 posts and was adored he got banned. So was hmscott hmscott contributed about as much as Phoenix and also was banned...I'm sure Charles had his reasons but people that make your forum? Ban them and see what happens? Not very clever

• Bump 3

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled

1 hour ago, ryan said:

Charles was OK. I don't think it was his words or moderation that made nbr a great place rather the eclectic interesting people that contributed. Charles did alot but at the end of the day he was needlessly strict. Htwingnut had like 40 000 posts and was adored he got banned. So was hmscott hmscott contributed about as much as Phoenix and also was banned...I'm sure Charles had his reasons but people that make your forum? Ban them and see what happens? Not very clever

Agreed, generally great guy, but took a couple of weird decisions. AFAIR he deleted an entire thread ("Dr AMK"'s crypto), essentially for an unrelated reason (as far as I know). To be fair, towards the end he wasn't particularly visible, and he wasn't the most controversial moderator. For example, there was one guy in particular who was outright rude and didn't really belong in a moderation post, forgot the nick. He disappeared a while back, which was clearly for the best. I would rate @Custom90gt's moderation efforts the highest, he also seemed to be handling the bulk of the work in the threads I frequented. Of course, CJ had a positive influence overall and was very helpful during the end game so no hard feelings, and all water under the bridge anyway - onwards!

• Thumb Up 1

"We're rushing towards a cliff, but the closer we get, the more scenic the views are."

-- Max Tegmark

AI: Major Emerging Existential Threat To Humanity

1 hour ago, ryan said:

There are reasons behind HTWingNut's departure, such matters are not for general members to be in the know on that topic. He has an account here but does not seem to participate from what I have seen. 

All members who were previously banned have a second chance on this forum, I dont keep tabs on them but I havent seen any activity under those handles.

Goes without saying but if you repeatedly ignore the rules, it just means you think yourself above them, which even myself and the moderators, as well as our members abide. Your chances of removal become quite high as a result.

• Thumb Up 1

11 hours ago, kojack said:

I was a member for years on the previous forum, I went to search for the Aspire 7720 upgrade thread and stumbled upon a Reddit about NBR. That led me to here.  Thankfully. I always loved coming to NBR and Shooting the turds with everyone. 

shooting the turds, brilliant phrase 😄 

2 hours ago, Reciever said:

There are reasons behind HTWingNut's departure, such matters are not for general members to be in the know on that topic. He has an account here but does not seem to participate from what I have seen. 

All members who were previously banned have a second chance on this forum, I dont keep tabs on them but I havent seen any activity under those handles.

Goes without saying but if you repeatedly ignore the rules, it just means you think yourself above them, which even myself and the moderators, as well as our members abide. Your chances of removal become quite high as a result.

yeah always kept wondering about HTWingNut's sudden disappearance, he was so super active, especially with his legendary notebook review threads. just heard rumblings regarding some personal stuff going on...

• Haha 1

Mine: Hyperion "Titan God of Heat, Heavenly Light, Power" (2022-24)
AMD Ryzen 9 7950X (custom TG IHS) / Asus ROG Crosshair X670E Extreme / MSI Geforce RTX 4090 Suprim X / Teamgroup T-Force Delta RGB DDR5-8200 2x24 GB / Seagate Firecuda 530 4 TB / 5x Samsung 860 Evo 4 TB / Arctic Liquid Freezer II 420 (Push/Pull 6x Noctua NF-A14 IndustrialPPC-3000 intake) / Seasonic TX-1600 W Titanium / Phanteks Enthoo Pro 2 TG (3x Arctic P12 A-RGB intake / 4x Arctic P14 A-RGB exhaust / 1x Arctic P14 A-RGB RAM cooling) / Samsung Odyssey Neo G8 32" 4K 240 Hz / Ducky One 3 Daybreak Fullsize Cherry MX Brown / Corsair M65 Ultra RGB / PDP Afterglow Wave Black

My Lady's: Clevo NH55JNNQ "Alfred" (2022-24)
Sharp LQ156M1JW03 FHD matte 15.6" IGZO 8 bit @248 Hz / Intel Core i5 12600 / Nvidia Geforce RTX 3070 Ti / Mushkin Redline DDR4-3200 2x32 GB / Samsung 970 Pro 1 TB / Samsung 870 QVO 8 TB / Intel AX201 WIFI 6+BT 5.2 / Win 11 Pro Phoenix Lite OS / 230 W PSU powered by Prema Mod!

37 minutes ago, jaybee83 said:

yeah always kept wondering about HTWingNut's sudden disappearance, he was so super active, especially with his legendary notebook review threads. just heard rumblings regarding some personal stuff going on...

Yep, hope he is doing ok and makes a return at some point.

• Thumb Up 2

I do love to see old members returning to this forum for sure.  I wish Spartan would joint back up, but I don't know if that'll happen.  I love having a bunch of different view points and knowledge sets.  I know @kojackand I had numerous pages of back and forth with our disagreements, but I always respected his view points even if I disagreed with them, lol.  Good to see you back.  

• Thumb Up 2
  • Like 2
  • Bump 1

Desktop | Intel i9-12900k | ASUS ROG Strix Z690-F | 2x16GB Oloy DDR5 @ 6400mhz CL32 | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra | AW3821DW| 980 Pro 1TB PCIe 4.0 | All under water |

Server | SM846 | Unraid  6.12.0-rc4.1 | AMD Epyc 7F52 | Supermicro H12SSL-I | Tesla P40 24GB | 256GB 3200MHz ECC 8-channel | 100+TB ZFS |

Backup Server | SM826 | Unraid  6.12.0-rc4.1 | AMD Epyc 7302 | Supermicro H11SSL-I | Tesla P4 8GB | 256GB 2133MHz ECC 8-channel | 100+TB ZFS |

Dell XPS 9510 | Intel  i7-11800H | RTX 3050 Ti | 16GB 3200mhz | 1TB SX8200 | 1080P |

12 hours ago, jaybee83 said:

That's why I am a writer....I can come up with gems.  ha ha!  Back when NBR was rolling good on the forum side of things, but the main page was severely lacking, I offered Charles my services to write new and engaging articles for the site.  He said that ship had sailed.  Too bad, I could have provided some great content for it.  I am currently going to be writing some new books, and other things soon and I cannot wait to get at it all.  

One book is about getting refugees out of Afghanistan with the Canadian Armed forces.  There is a Veteran here with 4 or 5 books worth of personal materials, and images about how all that went down.  Another client has a lifetime of hunting and fishing stories from all over northern Canada and Alaska.  He wants me to compile them into books for him to sell.  I get paid, They get paid more!  I can even do the publishing layout and cover design etc.  A one stop shop besides actually printing the books. 

I love telling stories.  I only found out about this love since starting our family travel blog about having a son with autism and how we travel and give him life experiences, and adventures. It's all I want to do now.  Tell stories about tech, family, life, and history.  

• Thumb Up 1
  • Bump 1

9 hours ago, Custom90gt said:

I do love to see old members returning to this forum for sure.  I wish Spartan would joint back up, but I don't know if that'll happen.  I love having a bunch of different view points and knowledge sets.  I know @kojackand I had numerous pages of back and forth with our disagreements, but I always respected his view points even if I disagreed with them, lol.  Good to see you back.  

Thank you very much.  Yeah Some of our stuff got deep, but, If I am completely honest, I was being funny some of the times which probably does not come off correctly in forums.  But nothing was EVER PERSONAL with me, only the autism/"retarded" comments.  I do NOT take kindly to those. I know it was not you who said that for sure.  I cannot remember who it was. 

• Thumb Up 1

3 hours ago, kojack said:

That's why I am a writer....I can come up with gems.  ha ha!  Back when NBR was rolling good on the forum side of things, but the main page was severely lacking, I offered Charles my services to write new and engaging articles for the site.  He said that ship had sailed.  Too bad, I could have provided some great content for it.  I am currently going to be writing some new books, and other things soon and I cannot wait to get at it all.  

One book is about getting refugees out of Afghanistan with the Canadian Armed forces.  There is a Veteran here with 4 or 5 books worth of personal materials, and images about how all that went down.  Another client has a lifetime of hunting and fishing stories from all over northern Canada and Alaska.  He wants me to compile them into books for him to sell.  I get paid, They get paid more!  I can even do the publishing layout and cover design etc.  A one stop shop besides actually printing the books. 

I love telling stories.  I only found out about this love since starting our family travel blog about having a son with autism and how we travel and give him life experiences, and adventures. It's all I want to do now.  Tell stories about tech, family, life, and history.  

I enjoyed reading your blogs about your off-roading trips with your son. If I recall correctly, you were thinking about purchasing a new off-roading vehicle at one point?

• Bump 1

Desktop | Intel i9-12900k | ASUS ROG Strix Z690-F | 2x16GB Oloy DDR5 @ 6400mhz CL32 | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra | AW3821DW| 980 Pro 1TB PCIe 4.0 | All under water |

Server | SM846 | Unraid  6.12.0-rc4.1 | AMD Epyc 7F52 | Supermicro H12SSL-I | Tesla P40 24GB | 256GB 3200MHz ECC 8-channel | 100+TB ZFS |

Backup Server | SM826 | Unraid  6.12.0-rc4.1 | AMD Epyc 7302 | Supermicro H11SSL-I | Tesla P4 8GB | 256GB 2133MHz ECC 8-channel | 100+TB ZFS |

Dell XPS 9510 | Intel  i7-11800H | RTX 3050 Ti | 16GB 3200mhz | 1TB SX8200 | 1080P |