-
Posts
726 -
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Days Won
3
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Events
Everything posted by Eban
-
Alienware 17 R1 980m Upgrade - Which variant to buy?
Eban replied to mattalienware's topic in Alienware 17 and M17x
Hi Matt, I'm not sure about heatsinks for those cards. You used to be able to buy 5 pipe upgraded heatsinks from cicichen on ebay, but I can't see any listings from him now You also want at least 240W power supply...300W is better though. The original 180W won't run the MXM card at full power. I did the 120hz display at same time as 980m and its still going well.- 3 replies
-
- alienware 17 r1
- m17x r5
-
(and 5 more)
Tagged with:
-
ADLINK RTX 3000 MXM suddenly died?
Eban replied to Hussain Alhadher's topic in Alienware 17 and M17x
I dont really like this guy but here is a quick and dirty how to find different SMD components that are cactus. Start here and then ask for further information as required. -
Catcall - The World is Ours Again & Satellites Because - Just found by accident a few years ago.....but like these songs the best
-
Alienware 17 R1 980m Upgrade - Which variant to buy?
Eban replied to mattalienware's topic in Alienware 17 and M17x
I bought a 980m from Aliexpress about 2017ish...lasted until 2020 then suddenly died. Apparently the VRM's are underpowered on these models. I really should look at repairing it but I don't use my Ranger much at all Aliexpress listing will say if it has vbios for Alienware! I skipped the 1060 and tried an MSI 1070m...requires cutting your chassis a bit.- 3 replies
-
- alienware 17 r1
- m17x r5
-
(and 5 more)
Tagged with:
-
Johnny Cash - Hurt Because - Best cover ever. Trent Reznor even said the song no longer belonged to him.
-
Sounds like a track pad issue
- 1 reply
-
- touchpad
- alienware18
-
(and 1 more)
Tagged with:
-
ADLINK RTX 3000 MXM suddenly died?
Eban replied to Hussain Alhadher's topic in Alienware 17 and M17x
A very hard visual check will most often NOT find the fault, even with a microscope.....you can get lucky but don't count on it. Try your phone on magnify and go over EVERYTHING. Twice. Without being able to power the laptop with card installed means you can't even use heat to pinpoint a shorted power rail component. A variable power supply would let you low power the card by itself to find a short, but I don't recommend you do that first. A cheap multimeter will get you a better idea. -
From your description I'm gonna guess your a windows user? Event viewer is your friend.... a useful tool. https://www.pcmag.com/news/how-to-troubleshoot-problems-in-windows-via-event-viewer
-
Muse - Supermassive Black Hole Because - it randomly came up in my feedtube and I had to try it. the music video is trippy!
-
TLDR: AI and LLM models are NOT smart. It averages all possible answers ie. takes any random crap off the internet and presents it as gospel. This is worth the almost 8mins of your time
-
It is sad. But do look and asking in the manufacturers section https://notebooktalk.net/forum/70-sager-clevo/ never know what you might find
-
Unfortunately I am referring to both The forum is not what it once was, modding cutting edge laptops is a dying hobby. As you are aware newer laptops are not so modular with upgradeable components. Although some of us are into retro No true DTR for some time now
-
Hello and welcome. Party is about over but better late than never
-
Wow he looked old and tired there.....My Mum loves(ed) Elvis movies so I grew up watching them also.
-
Carmina Burana - O Fortuna Best played at a volume guaranteed to piss off your neighbours
-
TLDR New AI "accidently" hacks website Looks like I'm gonna need a new hobby...................Hack the Planet! https://www.abc.net.au/news/2026-08-10/ai-assistant-hacks-gym-website-aus-cyber-attack/107007986
-
Jet - Cold Hard Bitch Because.....we all know at least one
-
That song did seem to be very popular when I was in UK for Y2K bug. I liked it (but I also love Tarantino movies)
-
Smooth
-
late 2013 Alienware 17 r1 bios blind flash
Eban replied to hamhatch's topic in Alienware 17 and M17x
I have a .fd file but no idea where I got it or even if it's for Ranger (probably from NBR@Striker1234), BUT use at your own peril. https://www.udrop.com/ONt9/VAS00X64.rar My notes say you got the insyderflash.exe from DELL, open it and without closing it goto your C:\windows\temp folder and copy VASxxx.fd file. Put that .fd file onto the root of a FAT32 usb stick (follow the rest of the guide) Trouble is I cannot find any .fd file in the temp folder. You can try find the official bios files here https://www.dell.com/support/product-details/en-au/product/alienware-17/drivers Dont click on download, click where is says Alienware 17 system bios, then at bottom of side screen click All driver versions.- 6 replies
-
- alienware 17
- bios
-
(and 1 more)
Tagged with:
-
The Darkness - I believe in a thing called Love Because....it's weird kewl New(ish) music with an old skool vibe. EDIT: I found the original music video and just prefer it
-
Good Charlotte - The Anthem
-
The tag line reads "Spiritual successor to Wing Commander."....and I LOVED wing commander. I also still enjoy BSG deadlock (capital ship space game) But this looks sooo kewl supposed to be out 2026
-
Did "They" seriously think no one would notice? You know "They" might have thought that...some people are just total f*king muppets
-
HaKu - かむかもしかもにどもかも (Maybe I'll bite, maybe I'll bite) Because.....its a Japanese tongue twister