-
Posts
392 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Events
Everything posted by Maro97
-
Don’t Use V2 use V3 of ssd nvme adapter However, I believe V3.1 has been released, but I’m not sure what the differences are between it and the V3 I currently have.
-
No way to upgrade rtx 2080 chipset to rtx 3080 chipset … RTX 2080 Mobile (TU104, the N18E-G3 variant): the chip uses the GB4B-256 package with 2228 solder balls, measuring 37.5 × 37.5 mm. This figure is confirmed by NVIDIA's official document (NPN-09178). RTX 3080 Mobile (GA104): I couldn't find a confirmed number in the sources I searched. The commonly cited figure for GA104's package is around 1752 balls, but I'm not sure of it, so don't rely on it when buying a stencil or reballing parts. What is certain is that the ball count and package size differ between the two chips, so a single stencil won't work for both. You also can't swap one chip for the other on the same board.
-
clevo p870tm/tm1-g Official Clevo P870TM-G Thread
Maro97 replied to ViktorV's topic in Sager & Clevo
-
clevo p870tm/tm1-g Official Clevo P870TM-G Thread
Maro97 replied to ViktorV's topic in Sager & Clevo
This is an ADTLINK PCle 5.0 Oculink to PCle X16 Extension Cable EGPU Adapter For NUC / ITX / STX / Notebook PC Mini-PC M.2 NVMe Slot . I just found this on AliExpress: https://a.aliexpress.com/_mMYzyFv working with this MXM Adapter -
clevo p870tm/tm1-g Official Clevo P870TM-G Thread
Maro97 replied to ViktorV's topic in Sager & Clevo
I didn’t expect this. I saw this video a few hours ago and replayed it several times to make sure that it was actually possible to run a desktop GPU externally on MXM-based laptops using this adapter. The adapter has an internal NVMe connection and a DP port that connects to the graphics card to output the image on the laptop’s internal display. And as you can see, it actually works successfully. https://b23.tv/ENKfQ4S -
-
I saw it featured in a video on Bilibili.
-
This tested with clevo barebone P751DM2, using an MXM to PCle adapter to externally connect a desktop graphics card, and connecting the graphics card's video cable back to the MXM card, finally managed to light up the internal screen.
-
-
And for me, the fun is in the journey of learning and gaining experience.
-
I bought a GPU, but it turned out to have a problem, and I don’t know what caused it. So I decided to return it and save myself the headache. Now I’m trying to repair the damaged GPU that was working perfectly and was known to be reliable.
-
The two VRAM chips that are most likely faulty are C0 and D1, because they were close to the damaged area. The remaining low error counts are probably just signal interference, meaning “error ghosting.” I think there is still a good chance the card can be repaired.
-
I'm asking in case anyone knows the answer: should I replace VRAM C0 and D1 , or is there something else I should check?
-
The 1.8V VRAM supply rail had a problem because the PCB layers made contact with each other, which caused a short circuit. As a result, the two VRAM chips closest to the crack were damaged.
-
And now the short has been removed and the PCB crack has been repaired. Display data appeared on the screen, and I ran a MATS test to find out which VRAM chip is faulty and causing the artifacts on the screen.
-
No my friend, this is another graphics card with a different fault. It has damage to the PCB caused by a heatsink screw: a screw of the wrong length was installed on the arm of the modded adapter, which superficially penetrated the PCB and caused a short, permanently cutting off the display data.
-
My friend, the repair process has already been completed, and I have the MATS test report as the result. The card had a short circuit, and I already explained everything about it. My question is: based on the MATS report, how many VRAM chips need to be replaced?
-
The short circuit that happened on the MXM card has been fixed. But a short occurred on the 1.3-volt rail that powers the VRAM, which caused some of the VRAM modules to malfunction. I tested it using MATS. This is the result I got. Can someone tell me how many VRAM chips need to be replaced?
-
Another issue with rtx 3080 The screw connecting the modded vapor chamber heatsink to the adapter was installed without the size-reducing nut, which caused the screw to be the wrong size. Of course, the screw scratched the PCB and caused a short circuit on the GPU. Therefore, I strongly recommend always installing the nut and making sure it is properly in place before tightening the screw.
-
clevo p870tm/tm1-g Official Clevo P870TM-G Thread
Maro97 replied to ViktorV's topic in Sager & Clevo
What is the termal pads layout to support your vapour chamber heatsink ? You can put numbers only on the vrams , mosfets and coils ? -
clevo p870tm/tm1-g Official Clevo P870TM-G Thread
Maro97 replied to ViktorV's topic in Sager & Clevo
-
-
I have a clevo p870tm with a modded vapour chamber heatsink with the 4 arms adapter to support rtx 3080 it’s a second gpu which i bought from the same seller on ebay the first one worked without no issues before i cracked it
-
What do you guys think? Could this be a problem with something else besides the graphics card?
-