Jump to content
NotebookTalk

zerokool

Member
  • Posts

    112
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by zerokool

  1. Wait is this on a p870 or a p77 series ? I've tried regular MXM cards in my p870 and I get 0 display . Or the fans go crazy . I tried a quadro p4000 a 980 a quadro rtx 4000 app cards have bioses that are not proprietary . And they worked on my old msi and they all work on my Alienware 18 it was only my p870tm1 they refused and yes the cards all support edp
  2. Do you have above 4g decoding and resizable bar turned on ? In the bios . Might actually fix the issue related to ram .
  3. No you cannot use standard MXM 3.0 b or 3.1b cards in the clevo laptops that have separate power connections . The slots are wired differently
  4. These will not work without a wire mod . Cisco uses proprietary MXM cards ( the wires I forget which ones are reversed but they are related to power or ground ) that's why your cards don't work . You need two clevo / MSI MXM cards with the power connectors . Be aware 3080s draw up to 125 watt . So make sure your cooking is sufficient m I have a single 3080ti in mine . It's a 200 watt monster of a GPU i have a GTX 1060 in there just for emergency in case the 3080 exercise croaks . The laptop will auto switch to pcie MXM 1
  5. 500 DOLLARS ???????? YIIIIIIIKES
  6. custom resolution utity . mine is okay at 120hz . most top out at 100 i used CVT reduced blanking
  7. Yeah the big ol vapor chamber that says like 5 pounds helps a lot . I wonder if yours is the earlier model with ihs that needs to be delidded to drop the tenps . Mine is the newer one with the polished mirror finish . I don't need to throttle none down
  8. This machine holds up so well especially with the QTJ1 . Mine at least doesn't instant hit 92 c when over to 4.8 all core with single core 5.2 and dual 5.0 it hits 84 c fully loaded . The only gripe with the p870tm1 even gsync is 75 hz screen limit that has terrible pixel response time
  9. I modded my vapor chamber a different way . I installed a second GPU ( 1060 ) on the other side . Disabled it in the bios m used the mounting pressure from that card . Got a piece of spring steel and tightened it on the 3080 to side and it's been cool . Idles in the 30d and 40s and hits at most 76 c full snot . It's a 200 watt card too lol
  10. looks like a tool to adjust boost limits and power limits similar to flashing a custom bios .
  11. Looking forward to this . I have an rtx 4070 reference blower card I want to test
  12. Do you have the dell support assistant app installed ? If so . Uninstall that it breaks fan control
  13. No . Just do the sleep bug and then flash bios that's what I did with mine
  14. the z170 has up to 20 pcie lanes . im not sure how many clevo implemented but clearly you got 16 going through the MXMs and im assuming no issues with nvme so probably has 20 lanes from the pch
  15. One other question how is the internal screen routed ? I'm assuming it doesn't have to be plugged in differently
  16. That's the way to do it 🙂 hopefully you will make it accessible to others .. this whole thing is neat . Also I have the really heavy full copper vapor chamber on my laptop . I'm assuming it should be able to cool at least a 250 watt GPU since my full 3080ti mobile is a 200 wTt card and never hits above 60c in gaming
  17. Does the power board j ust take the existing GPU cable power lead and then break it off so you can power a standard GPU ?
  18. ok so with lossless scaling you usually set the 1070 as the card the display is routed to while the 3080 is the 3d acceleration card . you can do this within windows by setting the 3d card in settings under graphics . i haven't done this on a laptop but on my desktop with 3080 ti 20gb and radeon pro ssg2 (radeon vii) with 32gb vram and nvme slots built in . i plug my display into my radeon pro and setting my 3080 ti as the 3d card . and in lossless scaling i set the card to generate frames as the radeon . its a weird thing and some games act weird but it works . there are youtube videos that can explain setting a laptop to do this better than i can lol
  19. I had a weird one when I had a ranger I had a 60 hz panel that had both edp and lvds connectors . Both plugged in so the panel would work with sg or peg . I was confused . 8 sold the ranger last year now I have an 18 plus my clevo p870tm1
  20. Not all Alienware 17 rangers are edp though they all have the connection on the board . The 60 hz ones are either lvds or edp
  21. Doodoo briskets
  22. my qtj1 is now at 5ghz all core with 2 cores at 5.3 ram at 3ghz
  23. the one that says 9900ks 128gb me disabled should be the one to go for however . i think the regular one works too
  24. Would be nice . Not sure what it would add . Maybe just a microcode update but still
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use