NotebookTalk

*Official Benchmark Thread* - Post it here or it didn't happen :D

Mr. Fox

1 minute ago, jaybee83 said:

haha yep better safe than sorry after the recent charades 😄 

Yep the nice payback for following the tech world😃

"The Killer"  ASUS ROG Z790 Apex Encore | 14900KS | 4090 HOF + 20 other graphics cards | 32GB DDR5 | Be Quiet! Dark Power Pro 12 - 1500 Watt | Second PSU - Cooler Master V750 SFX Gold 750W (For total of 2250W Power) | Corsair Obsidian 1000D | Custom Cooling | Asus ROG Strix XG27AQ 27" Monitors |

Papusan @ HWBOTTeam PremaMod @ HWBOT | Papusan @ YouTube Channel

those crocs are awesome. my old friend from edmonton swore by them...let your feet breathe unlike regular shoes and more comfortable than flip flops. i will get a pair if i see them in store. just for casual use. otherwise its shoes for walks.

as for the 990, I really want a 2tb 990 but I really need 4tb. I was thinking about a sn850x is the seagate drive worth it? might have to save up but I don't want to waste money throwing good money at bad

• Thumb Up 2

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled

1 hour ago, ryan said:

those crocs are awesome. my old friend from edmonton swore by them...let your feet breathe unlike regular shoes and more comfortable than flip flops. i will get a pair if i see them in store. just for casual use. otherwise its shoes for walks.

as for the 990, I really want a 2tb 990 but I really need 4tb. I was thinking about a sn850x is the seagate drive worth it? might have to save up but I don't want to waste money throwing good money at bad

I know the WD sn850x ssd's is good. Not so sure about Seagate drives. Their bad reputation due their HDDs is still something to have in mind. Yep, I have the habit go for what I know works well for me.

• Thumb Up 2

"The Killer"  ASUS ROG Z790 Apex Encore | 14900KS | 4090 HOF + 20 other graphics cards | 32GB DDR5 | Be Quiet! Dark Power Pro 12 - 1500 Watt | Second PSU - Cooler Master V750 SFX Gold 750W (For total of 2250W Power) | Corsair Obsidian 1000D | Custom Cooling | Asus ROG Strix XG27AQ 27" Monitors |

i was thinking sn850x is the best affordable 4tb drive, i think it is 7500mbs

• Thumb Up 2

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled

6 minutes ago, ryan said:

i was thinking sn850x is the best affordable 4tb drive, i think it is 7500mbs

Don't look you blind on the high bragging read/write sequential speed numbers. How often do you move around huge files? The whole day? No time for gaming...?😀 But yep, you don't go wrong with that ssd.

• Thumb Up 3

I have 2 drives with 3500 speed. I don't personally care but if its a small cost to get double the speed im all for it. I sometimes move steam games around, its rare im moving tbs of data, but if I do its nice not waiting as long.  the same arguement can be made for cpus, how often do you notice the speed difference. but we pretty much all benchmark. the only worthwhile upgrade for me is really just switching to desktop and getting a 4090 and i9.

• Thumb Up 1

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled

Seagate appropriately earned a bad reputation for past poor quality control and reliability. They have since corrected their issues and returned to producing good quality products that are durable. I don't remember now what company bought Seagate, but if I recall correctly that was at least partially responsible for making things right.

They've had a hard time living down the bad reputation that they once deserved. They're probably the best mechanical hard drive manufacturer at this point. I never experienced any failures with their hard drives even during the time when they were deserving of a bad reputation. I did, however, have multiple Western Digital hard drive failures, several times on brand new drives that were DOA.

Anything mechanical is going to tend toward having an abbreviated lifespan compared to something that is digital and has no moving parts. I usually do not pay close attention to brand when purchasing solid state drives. I think the price is more important than the brand. There are a limited number of NAND and controller manufacturers and I think the warranty, and the ease and speed of using it, is probably more important than brand.

• Thumb Up 2

Wraith // Z790 Apex | 14900KF | 4090 Suprim X+Byksi Block | 48GB DDR5-8600 | Toughpower GF3 1650W | MO-RA3 360 | Hailea HC-500A || O11D XL EVO

Banshee // Z790 Apex Encore | 13900KS | 4090 Gaming OC+Alphacool Block | 48GB DDR5-8600 | RM1200x SHIFT | XT45 1080 Nova || Antec C8

Spectre // Z790i Edge | 14900KF | 3090 Ti FTW3 | 48GB DDR5-8200 | RM1000e | EK Nucleus CR360 Direct Die || Prime A21

Methuselah // X79 Rampage IV Gene | Xeon E5 1680V2 | 2080 Ti | 32GB DDR3-2400 | GameMax 850W | EK Nucleus CR360 Dark || Prime AP201

Half-Breed // Dell Precision 7720 | BGA CPU Filth+MXM Quadro P5000 | 4K Display | Sub-$500 Grade A Refurb | Nothing to Write Home About

Mr. Fox YouTube Channel | Mr. Fox @ HWBOT

The average response time for a 911 call is 10 minutes. The response time of a .357 is 1400 feet per second. 

8 minutes ago, Mr. Fox said:

Seagate appropriately earned a bad reputation for past poor quality control and reliability. They have since corrected their issues and returned to producing good quality products that are durable. I don't remember now what company bought Seagate, but if I recall correctly that was at least partially responsible for making things right.

They've had a hard time living down the bad reputation that they once deserved. They're probably the best mechanical hard drive manufacturer at this point. I never experienced any failures with their hard drives even during the time when they were deserving of a bad reputation. I did, however, have multiple Western Digital hard drive failures, several times on brand new drives that were DOA.

Anything mechanical is going to tend toward having an abbreviated lifespan compared to something that is digital and has no moving parts. I usually do not pay close attention to brand when purchasing solid state drives. I think the price is more important than the brand. There are a limited number of NAND and controller manufacturers and I think the warranty, and the ease and speed of using it, is probably more important than brand.

I used to purchase Maxtor hard drives in the past, but they were bought out by Seagate in 2006. Most times I stick with WD or Seagate for HDD's. Mechanical HDD's are still more cost effective for storing data, and large files.

• Thumb Up 3

Lian Li Lancool III | Ryzen 9 7950X | 48gb G-skill Trident Z5 DDR5 8000mhz | MSI Mpg X670E Carbon |

AsRock Taichi Radeon 7900xtx Bykski Block |Raijintek Scylla Pro 360 custom loop| Crucial T700 1tb

WD Black's SN770 500gb/1tb NVME | Toshiba 8Tb 7200rpm Data |

EVGA 1000w SuperNova |32" Agon 1440p 165hz Curved Screen |  Windows 10 LoT 21h2

Installed Samsung Magician then put in the new ssd. Magician tool picked up the drive and flashed the correct latest firmware. Then renamed the drive for later use. I usually put a 33% OP for my drives. But will do that for the new ssd after I have installed the OS on it. They will never be full. I rather buy a new than fill them totally up.

I'm not an Samsung fanboy as it looks like in the screenshoot but I have used their ssd's as long I can remember. And I usually don't buy new ssd models right after release/launch. I let the guinea pig test them out a few months before I buy a specific model of ssd's. Most problems usually pop up within the first 6 months, so better let the others test them out the first months.

The new one will  be for the 7th 8th Win OS (Octuple OS setup)  and games. It will be trial and errors what OS version that will be. And I have no hurry 🙂

MAG

NEW-WIN

2 hours ago, Mr. Fox said:

The smartest you can do is to avoid jump directly on brand new released models. Major problems with the products usually pop up within 6 months. This apply all brands of ssd's. Also other type modern tech.

• Thumb Up 1
  • Thanks 2

On 7/19/2023 at 4:05 AM, Papusan said:

Today's joke coming from Asus.....

ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB OC graphics card

Only €659.00 = $739.71 USD (included tax). Run and sign on. You in US can get it for dirt cheap close to $620. @electrosoft please post pict and bench results when you are able to suck up one, LOOL

Here's a new Joke for today😁😆😀

RTX 4060 Ti 16GB Marginally Slower than 8GB Model: MSI Testing

MSI Insider Weekly conducted a live benchmarking event of an NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16 GB graphics card, where it is shown to be in fact slower than the RTX 4060 Ti 8 GB. This begins to explain why NVIDIA or its board partners weren't too keen on sampling the RTX 4060 Ti 16 GB for reviews. The performance delta between the 16 GB and 8 GB models is within 0.5%, but the 16 GB model is slightly behind the 8 GB in Cyberpunk 2077, F1 23, and Rainbow 6: Siege, all in Ultra (or equivalent settings). The performance is neck-and-neck in Fortnite and Hogwarts Legacy. The only test where the 16 GB variant is ahead is with CS:GO.

Besides the memory size, the RTX 4060 Ti 16 GB has identical specs—core configuration, clock-speeds, power limits, to its 8 GB sibling. One possible explanation for the 16 GB performing slightly worse could be that the higher density 16 GB memory is imposing a slightly higher latency, or having a negligibly higher power draw, but these are all just theory-crafting on our part. The RTX 4060 Ti still has 225 W at its disposal. NVIDIA has proved its point that 16 GB makes no difference to the performance of the RTX 4060 Ti. It's now up to the board partners try to sell these cards at a whopping 25% higher price than the 8 GB model. Ideally, NVIDIA could have spruced up the 16 GB variant a little, by enabling all 18 TPCs on the AD106 (the RTX 4060 Ti enables 17); and if the AD106 supports GDDR6X, they should have dialed up memory speed to 21 Gbps.

l9ifbB5kNOKNauTz.jpg

The MSI Insider video follows.

@ryan Remember new is always better...... 😆

• Thumb Up 2
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

well my memory finally shipped it will be interesting to see if 64gb makes a difference over 16gb at 4k. with 40gb I notice less slow downs but micro stuttering similar to having just 1 8gb stick and playing just cause 3. im hoping my performance will go up in crysis remastered as I play it along with grid legends once in a while. My memory usage was around 15gb in game at 4k and it would eventually slow down to 2 fps. now it just micro stutters so if that goes away then problem solved. I could have went with 32gb but it was 2x100 e coupon and you can only buy 1 item on the card so I just bought the 32gb as it came to 95 bucks. 

as for SSDs im thinking of getting either a sn850x and the newly found spatium 4tb by msi, just never heard or read about it, I read a review on the SN850x and it was well recieved, good perforamance but as for reliability I guess know one knows.

• Thumb Up 2
  • Bump 1

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled

I haven't used an AIO for at least 5 years, but it will be interesting to test the EKWB product I am receiving for review (arriving tomorrow). It will be a handy thing to have for available quick testing purposes. The EK-Nucleus AIO CR360 Dark is a performance-focused pitch-black cooler without any RGB. Sounds like a theme, doesn't it? Dark Base case, Dark motherboard, Dark AIO. Dark, dark and more dark, LOL. I'm not smart enough to have planned it that way, it just happened.

I like everything dark, including my OS and forum color themes. Funny how sometimes things fall in place the way you like, but other times nothing works the way you want things to work and it is a struggle to have anything turn out right. I like the Z790 Apex, but the white PCB makes me kind of angry. How could ASUS do such a tacky thing? At least it is not as digusting as the Yeston anime and manga GPUs. That just makes me want to barf, LOL.

• Like 4

Wraith // Z790 Apex | 14900KF | 4090 Suprim X+Byksi Block | 48GB DDR5-8600 | Toughpower GF3 1650W | MO-RA3 360 | Hailea HC-500A || O11D XL EVO

Banshee // Z790 Apex Encore | 13900KS | 4090 Gaming OC+Alphacool Block | 48GB DDR5-8600 | RM1200x SHIFT | XT45 1080 Nova || Antec C8

Spectre // Z790i Edge | 14900KF | 3090 Ti FTW3 | 48GB DDR5-8200 | RM1000e | EK Nucleus CR360 Direct Die || Prime A21

Methuselah // X79 Rampage IV Gene | Xeon E5 1680V2 | 2080 Ti | 32GB DDR3-2400 | GameMax 850W | EK Nucleus CR360 Dark || Prime AP201

Half-Breed // Dell Precision 7720 | BGA CPU Filth+MXM Quadro P5000 | 4K Display | Sub-$500 Grade A Refurb | Nothing to Write Home About

The average response time for a 911 call is 10 minutes. The response time of a .357 is 1400 feet per second. 

6 hours ago, ryan said:

6 hours ago, Papusan said:

I know the WD sn850x ssd's is good. Not so sure about Seagate drives. Their bad reputation due their HDDs is still something to have in mind. Yep, I have the habit go for what I know works well for me.

actually, seagate's firecuda lineup of SSDs has the highest TBW rating across highend drives and also the only who includes a 3 year data rescue service (basically, they pay for data recovery should ur drive die inside the first 3 years). theyre also known for great providing workstation performance, i.e. sustained 4KB random IOPS. 

if its about pure overall performance, the firecuda 530 that i have has since fallen from the top spot down to like top 10 or so since it was released 2 years ago. especially the pcie 5.0 drives like the crucial T700 but also the samsung 990 pro have overtaken it.

for now i can say im quite happy with the firecuda, solid performance and reliability thus far. aside from that i can also out myself as a "samsung fanboy" with regards to their ssds, ive only been buying ssds from them since 2014. the firecuda was a sidestep now since i wasnt completely convinced of the 980 Pro. in my opinion the 990 pro shouldve been the pcie 4.0 drive to start with, and the 990 pro their pcie 5.0 drive...

• Thumb Up 6

Mine: Hyperion "Titan God of Heat, Heavenly Light, Power" (2022-24)
AMD Ryzen 9 7950X (TG High Perf. IHS) / Asus ROG Crosshair X670E Extreme / MSI Geforce RTX 4090 Suprim X / Teamgroup T-Force Delta RGB DDR5-8200 2x24 GB / Seagate Firecuda 530 4 TB / 5x Samsung 860 Evo 4 TB / Arctic Liquid Freezer II 420 (Push/Pull 6x Noctua NF-A14 IndustrialPPC-3000 intake) / Seasonic TX-1600 W Titanium / Phanteks Enthoo Pro 2 TG (3x Arctic P12 A-RGB intake / 4x Arctic P14 A-RGB exhaust / 1x Arctic P14 A-RGB RAM cooling) / Samsung Odyssey Neo G8 32" 4K 240 Hz / Ducky One 3 Daybreak Fullsize Cherry MX Brown / Corsair M65 Ultra RGB / PDP Afterglow Wave Black

My Lady's: Clevo NH55JNNQ "Alfred" (2022-24)
Sharp LQ156M1JW03 FHD matte 15.6" IGZO 8 bit @248 Hz / Intel Core i5 12600 / Nvidia Geforce RTX 3070 Ti / Mushkin Redline DDR4-3200 2x32 GB / Samsung 970 Pro 1 TB / Samsung 870 QVO 8 TB / Intel AX201 WIFI 6+BT 5.2 / Win 11 Pro Phoenix Lite OS / 230 W PSU powered by Prema Mod!

oh btw guys, with regards to Asrock "tuning" their mobos for higher speed RAM on Ryzen: this is not their doing, but rather AMD preparing to release a new AGESA version providing Ryzen 7000 with the tools to finally catch up to Intel in memory speeds:

https://www.aroged.com/2023/07/20/amd-taught-ryzen-7000-to-work-with-fast-ram-agesa-1-0-0-7b-provided-support-for-ddr5-8000-and-even-higher/

DDR5-8200 confirmed booting on MSI boards mwahaha. lets goooooooooooooooo

the impressive thing here is that even "cheapo" boards in the 200-300 usd price range can apparently reach up to 8000 speeds... very exciting to see where highend boards and good cpus cap out!

• Thumb Up 4
  • Like 1
  • Bump 2

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X (TG High Perf. IHS) / Asus ROG Crosshair X670E Extreme / MSI Geforce RTX 4090 Suprim X / Teamgroup T-Force Delta RGB DDR5-8200 2x24 GB / Seagate Firecuda 530 4 TB / 5x Samsung 860 Evo 4 TB / Arctic Liquid Freezer II 420 (Push/Pull 6x Noctua NF-A14 IndustrialPPC-3000 intake) / Seasonic TX-1600 W Titanium / Phanteks Enthoo Pro 2 TG (3x Arctic P12 A-RGB intake / 4x Arctic P14 A-RGB exhaust / 1x Arctic P14 A-RGB RAM cooling) / Samsung Odyssey Neo G8 32" 4K 240 Hz / Ducky One 3 Daybreak Fullsize Cherry MX Brown / Corsair M65 Ultra RGB / PDP Afterglow Wave Black

Sharp LQ156M1JW03 FHD matte 15.6" IGZO 8 bit @248 Hz / Intel Core i5 12600 / Nvidia Geforce RTX 3070 Ti / Mushkin Redline DDR4-3200 2x32 GB / Samsung 970 Pro 1 TB / Samsung 870 QVO 8 TB / Intel AX201 WIFI 6+BT 5.2 / Win 11 Pro Phoenix Lite OS / 230 W PSU powered by Prema Mod!

2 minutes ago, jaybee83 said:

oh bte guys, with regards to Asrock "tuninf" their mobos for higher speed RAM on Ryzen: this is not their doing, but rather AMD preparing to release a new AGESA version providing Ryzen 7000 with the tools to finally catch up to Intel in memory speeds:

https://www.aroged.com/2023/07/20/amd-taught-ryzen-7000-to-work-with-fast-ram-agesa-1-0-0-7b-provided-support-for-ddr5-8000-and-even-higher/

That makes me very happy for my friends (and one of my sons) that have chosen to take the red pill. I hope it works out really well and can run tight timings with low latency in quad-channel mode. My son that favors AMD is using his new 7700X system with the G.SKILL 6000 EXPO settings at the moment. Trying to push it harder for him was kind of frustrating. While he is content with it like it is, I am eager to see how it pans out. I might stil be able to make a crazy overclocker out of that boy.

• Thumb Up 3
  • Haha 1
  • Bump 2

24 minutes ago, jaybee83 said:

oh btw guys, with regards to Asrock "tuning" their mobos for higher speed RAM on Ryzen: this is not their doing, but rather AMD preparing to release a new AGESA version providing Ryzen 7000 with the tools to finally catch up to Intel in memory speeds:

the impressive thing here is that even "cheapo" boards in the 200-300 usd price range can apparently reach up to 8000 speeds... very exciting to see where highend boards and good cpus cap out!

Still stuck around imc / fclk limitations. WIth this variant, you end up with mclk boost from 3000 to 4000 (!).  I mean you can run your memory faster though but if it ends up being a 1:2 scenario you will potentially end up still having better results (and overall timings) running it 1:1 like AM4 and DDR4. On the other hand, if this is a truly optimized async setup that's at least interesting.

One thing I am curious to see and hopeful for  is the noted improvements in 1:1 performance as this version is rumored to bring refinements in that area and maybe more IMCs can be pushed closer to 6400 1:1 than before.

• Thumb Up 5

Electrosoft Prime: 7950X3D | MSI X670E Carbon  | MSI Suprim X Liquid 4090 | AC LF II 420 | G.Skill 6000 A-Die 2x32GB | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB | EVGA 1600w P2 | Phanteks Ethroo Pro | Alienware AW3225QF 32" OLED

MelMel:  AMD Ryzen 5 7600x | Asus B650 Prime | Powercolor Spectra White 7900XTX | Asus Ryugin III 240mm AIO | M-die 2x16GB Custom | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB | EVGA P2 850w | Hyte Y40 | BenQ 32" 4k
Heath: i9-12900k | EVGA CLC 280 | Asus Strix Z690 D4 | Asus Strix 3080 | 32GB DDR4 2x16GB B-Die 4000  | WD Black SN850 512GB |  EVGA DG-77 | Samsung G7 32" 144hz 32"

Eurocom Raptor X15 | 12900k | Nvidia RTX 3070ti | 15.6" 1080p 240hz | Kingston 3200 32GB (2x16GB) | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB Heatsink Edition

• Bump 1

7950X3D| Zotac 4090 AMP Extreme Airo| MSI MPG B650 Edge Wifi| Lian Li Galahad 360 V2| 32GB Kingston Renegade RGBZ 6000|Kingston KC3000 2TB| Fury Renegade 2TB|Samsung 970 Evo 1TB| Lian Li O11 Dynamic Evo| Corsair HX1500i| Samsung Odyssey G9 Neo

Asus Zephyrus G15 (Ryzen 9 6900HS + RTX3080)

6 hours ago, Mr. Fox said:

That makes me very happy for my friends (and one of my sons) that have chosen to take the red pill. I hope it works out really well and can run tight timings with low latency in quad-channel mode. My son that favors AMD is using his new 7700X system with the G.SKILL 6000 EXPO settings at the moment. Trying to push it harder for him was kind of frustrating. While he is content with it like it is, I am eager to see how it pans out. I might stil be able to make a crazy overclocker out of that boy.

ahaha spoken like a true proud and hopeful father wanting the best for his kids 🙂 

5 hours ago, electrosoft said:

Still stuck around imc / fclk limitations. WIth this variant, you end up with mclk boost from 3000 to 4000 (!).  I mean you can run your memory faster though but if it ends up being a 1:2 scenario you will potentially end up still having better results (and overall timings) running it 1:1 like AM4 and DDR4. On the other hand, if this is a truly optimized async setup that's at least interesting.

One thing I am curious to see and hopeful for  is the noted improvements in 1:1 performance as this version is rumored to bring refinements in that area and maybe more IMCs can be pushed closer to 6400 1:1 than before.

dont forget, Intel is also running Gear 2 ONLY on DDR5, while AMD sports Gear 1 in synchronous mode up to 6200/6600 (depending on IMC). So now AMD is basically following in Intel's footsteps and desynchronizing towards Gear 2. Will have to check and see how that impacts latency, and if going super high with the clocks might balance that out.

Installed the new kit after updating my Bios, ran a quick test with Buildzoid timings at 6200, seems to boot right up 🙂 Havent yet tested my manually tightened timings yet, but im also hoping i might be able to go tighter / higher on Gear 1 with the new kit. As for Gear 2, ill have to wait for the new Agesa 1.0.0.7b first, not out yet. Excited!

1 hour ago, cylix said:

lets rejoice in the red camp bro! 😄 

• Thumb Up 1
  • Like 1
  • Bump 2

6 hours ago, Mr. Fox said:

I haven't used an AIO for at least 5 years, but it will be interesting to test the EKWB product I am receiving for review (arriving tomorrow). It will be a handy thing to have for available quick testing purposes. The EK-Nucleus AIO CR360 Dark is a performance-focused pitch-black cooler without any RGB. Sounds like a theme, doesn't it? Dark Base case, Dark motherboard, Dark AIO. Dark, dark and more dark, LOL. I'm not smart enough to have planned it that way, it just happened.

I like everything dark, including my OS and forum color themes. Funny how sometimes things fall in place the way you like, but other times nothing works the way you want things to work and it is a struggle to have anything turn out right. I like the Z790 Apex, but the white PCB makes me kind of angry. How could ASUS do such a tacky thing? At least it is not as digusting as the Yeston anime and manga GPUs. That just makes me want to barf, LOL.

I picked up the EK-Nucleus 360 during the Newegg sale to test for myself, as it appears on top of the charts in most AIO reviews. Hopefully EK improved on its fan durability.

I plan on using it during test builds and when they are complete, move to either an air cooler or custom loop. I eagerly await your review. I am going to test it first with AMD. 

• Thumb Up 2
  • Like 1

Connecticut Citizens Defense League: Carry On!

"In a recent post on Reddit, an AMD engineer has confirmed that AGESA update 1007B has allowed Ryzen 7000 series processors to be used with faster DDR5 memory kits, with the engineer confirming that they were able to use DDR5-7200 memory with CL32 timings with a Ryzen 9 7950X3D at home. On top of that, many Ryzen 7000 series CPUs were found to be able to use DDR5-6400 memory with 1:1 memory controller to memory ratio."

from the link bro @cylixposted above. seems like even in Gear 1 this will bring improvements, nice!

edit: did i say wait? F that! Here are the 1515 Beta Bios versions with the new Agesa update for faster DDR5 speeds for Asus boards:

https://rog-forum.asus.com/t5/amd-600-series/x670-resource/m-p/901576

highnrich - High 'n' Rich - Oh Yeah (Original Mix) - FREE ...

• Thumb Up 2
  • Haha 2

46 minutes ago, jaybee83 said:

ahaha spoken like a true proud and hopeful father wanting the best for his kids 🙂 

dont forget, Intel is also running Gear 2 ONLY on DDR5, while AMD sports Gear 1 in synchronous mode up to 6200/6600 (depending on IMC). So now AMD is basically following in Intel's footsteps and desynchronizing towards Gear 2. Will have to check and see how that impacts latency, and if going super high with the clocks might balance that out.

Installed the new kit after updating my Bios, ran a quick test with Buildzoid timings at 6200, seems to boot right up 🙂 Havent yet tested my manually tightened timings yet, but im also hoping i might be able to go tighter / higher on Gear 1 with the new kit. As for Gear 2, ill have to wait for the new Agesa 1.0.0.7b first, not out yet. Excited!

lets rejoice in the red camp bro! 😄 

How much did it set you back that kit? Looks like with the new agesa ill need to change my puny Kinstgon 6000 CL32 kit 😆

• Bump 1

7950X3D| Zotac 4090 AMP Extreme Airo| MSI MPG B650 Edge Wifi| Lian Li Galahad 360 V2| 32GB Kingston Renegade RGBZ 6000|Kingston KC3000 2TB| Fury Renegade 2TB|Samsung 970 Evo 1TB| Lian Li O11 Dynamic Evo| Corsair HX1500i| Samsung Odyssey G9 Neo

5 minutes ago, cylix said:

How much did it set you back that kit? Looks like with the new agesa ill need to change my puny Kinstgon 6000 CL32 kit 😆

way too much cuz i bought it on DAY ONE of availability. i checked the manufacturing date of the DIMMs in bios and theyre barely 8 weeks old, fresh off the production line in Taiwan LOL

i paid 392€ with shipping, and theyre already down 20€ since then LOL

I spend my money WAY too much - Meme by elpico994 :) Memedroid

btw, the G.Skill 6600 32GB kit was actually MORE expensive when i bought it last year...soooo

image.jpeg.bd0974f15245736c0f6a2eaf01482c77.jpeg

ok, meme itch scratched 😛 😄 

• Thumb Up 3
  • Haha 2

Yeah early adopter prices are bleeding us dry.. got my ram with 260 now its 140.. CPU ..800 Euros now 650 🤣. Prolly the same with the highspeed ram in 6 months when intel and AMD will run only highspeed it will be  200 or less..

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, cylix said:

Yeah early adopter prices are bleeding us dry.. got my ram with 260 now its 140.. CPU ..800 Euros now 650 🤣. Prolly the same with the highspeed ram in 6 months when intel and AMD will run only highspeed it will be  200 or less..

in 6 months im expecting ddr5-10000+ kits being available hahaha

• Thumb Up 1

2 hours ago, Rage Set said:

I picked up the EK-Nucleus 360 during the Newegg sale to test for myself, as it appears on top of the charts in most AIO reviews. Hopefully EK improved on its fan durability.

I plan on using it during test builds and when they are complete, move to either an air cooler or custom loop. I eagerly await your review. I am going to test it first with AMD. 

I have to figure out how I want to work it. I suppose I could compare it to my custom loop but that probably wouldn't be fair. I'm thinking maybe I should get a popular air cooler that the average gamer boy uses and run tests with that to establish a baseline on thermal atrocity, then switch to the AIO and repeat. Thank goodness I have invested in QDC fittings for everything. Makes something like this so less time consuming and inconvenient. I now have the male half on all the QDC settings installed directly on the CPU and GPU blocks on both systems to make it even more hassle-free. Moving components between systems couldn't be any easier because you don't have to worry about tubing being long enough, or too long, or having to drain and refill anything. Totally play and play.

Did you get the RGB version or the Dark version? I'll have to wait until I see it to render a verdict, but I like the fact that they're using the short wire daisy chain approach on the fans now. Should make cable management a whole lot better with the single PMW connection. This approach is fast becoming the new normal and it's a good thing. This is one of the rare examples of where the old way sucked and the new way actually is better. 

• Like 2