NotebookTalk

*Official Benchmark Thread* - Post it here or it didn't happen :D

Mr. Fox

7 hours ago, tps3443 said:

Starfield gameplay at 4K Ultra DLSS Quality

5609049a-4587-492c-be1b-47bbb69d7098_tex

No, no, no! What do you mean „3090 is enough”? Get on with the basic program and reward NVidAI with even more money just so you can join a "top dog" club, and play presumably equally (vs other Bethesda productions) plot-less Oblivion in space with more FPS that you don't really need, since all that is very important. Besides, the 4090 is as far as NVidia will go for years to come:

"Ah, and of course, we will absolutely not release anything that could supersede 4090 all the way until 2025, that would be us trying to milk the whale/enthusiast/prosumer part of the PC market which is not something we would stand for as a company. We understand that the 4090 represents a significant entertainment system investment in absolute terms, I mean you can get 3 high-end AMD-powered consoles (each good for 5 years if not more) for the price of one NVidia graphics card alone, so - as always - it's imperative that we protect that expenditure and provide gamers with the best value for their money possible. Customers' best interests have always come first at NVidia, and always will, that's a guarantee."

th?id=OIP.R3uUlmhVJSdoZrbSCDw_WwHaEs%26p

• Haha 7

"We're rushing towards a cliff, but the closer we get, the more scenic the views are."

-- Max Tegmark

AI: Major Emerging Existential Threat To Humanity

13 hours ago, electrosoft said:

That looks really fantastic....oh...and....

"P-Dizzle" and "E-Dizzle" 🤣

Anybody ever tell you that you sound a lot like Bill Hader?

LOL I totally forgot I renamed them to that one day when I was screwing around. Now it's staying haha. And yes, I've had quite a few comments about that on YouTube over the years. It's so weird hearing your own voice recorded, like wtf I don't sound like that..

• Thumb Up 1
  • Haha 2
Spoiler

The Beast Asus Z790 APEX | Intel i9 13900K | ASUS RTX 4090 Strix OC | 64gb DDR5 7466 CL34 Dual Rank A-Dies | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB | Innocn 4K 160Hz Mini LED HDR1000 | LG 27GN950-B 4K 160Hz | Corsair 170i Elite LCD 420mm AIO | Corsair 7000D | EVGA 1600w T2

Little Beast EVGA Z690 DARK | Intel i9 13900K | Nvidia RTX 4090 FE | 32gb DDR5 SK Hynix DDR5 8000 CL36 A-Dies | Samsung 980 Pro 2TB | LG OLED C1 4K 120Hz G-Sync/FreeSync | Alienware AW2721D 1440p 240Hz G-Sync Ultimate | Corsair 115i Elite 280mm AIO | Lian Li 011 Dynamic | EVGA 1000w P6

Old Papusan

https://ibb.co/ZNwcHWj

Finally….. 🙂

https://ibb.co/4NNB04j

• Thumb Up 2
  • Like 3
  • Bump 2

"The Killer"  ASUS ROG Z790 Apex Encore | 14900KS | 4090 HOF + 20 other graphics cards | 32GB DDR5 | Be Quiet! Dark Power Pro 12 - 1500 Watt | Second PSU - Cooler Master V750 SFX Gold 750W (For total of 2250W Power) | Corsair Obsidian 1000D | Custom Cooling | Asus ROG Strix XG27AQ 27" Monitors |

Papusan @ HWBOTTeam PremaMod @ HWBOT | Papusan @ YouTube Channel

14 hours ago, Reciever said:

Just added an update to my last post, the tuning seems to have a profound effect on its performance. Probably last thing would be BCLK tuning eek out a bit more Mhz from the CPU. The idiot in me wants 4.5Ghz, not 4.450Ghz

I believe the term you are looking for is "Performance Enthusast." 🤣

9 hours ago, Etern4l said:

No, no, no! What do you mean „3090 is enough”? Get on with the basic program and reward NVidAI with even more money just so you can join a "top dog" club, and play presumably equally (vs other Bethesda productions) plot-less Oblivion in space with more FPS that you don't really need, since all that is very important. Besides, the 4090 is as far as NVidia will go for years to come:

Having played some more of it, I am now referring to it as Starfield 76 aka Fallout in Space aka Starfall aka StarOut aka FallField.....as it looks feels and plays just like Fallout 4 and 76.

I'm waiting to see if any of the frame render or loot/NPC bugs rear their ugly heads.

Tempering your expectations, the vast majority of GPUs down to even a 3060 are enough to actually play. We're just a group of jaded hardware enthusiasts.....

As for Nvidia, they are perpetually in cash grab mode 24/7/365 😞

2 hours ago, Papusan said:

Old Papusan

https://ibb.co/ZNwcHWj

Finally….. 🙂

https://ibb.co/4NNB04j

I'm so happy you rectified the situation Papu! How many pairs of Crocs did you have to trade in for that wonderful upgrade in quality of life? 😁

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

Electrosoft Prime: 7950X3D | MSI X670E Carbon  | MSI Suprim X Liquid 4090 | AC LF II 420 | G.Skill 6000 A-Die 2x32GB | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB | EVGA 1600w P2 | Phanteks Ethroo Pro | Alienware AW3225QF 32" OLED

MelMel:  AMD Ryzen 5 7600x | Asus B650 Prime | Powercolor Spectra White 7900XTX | Asus Ryugin III 240mm AIO | M-die 2x16GB Custom | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB | EVGA P2 850w | Hyte Y40 | BenQ 32" 4k
Heath: i9-12900k | EVGA CLC 280 | Asus Strix Z690 D4 | Asus Strix 3080 | 32GB DDR4 2x16GB B-Die 4000  | WD Black SN850 512GB |  EVGA DG-77 | Samsung G7 32" 144hz 32"

Eurocom Raptor X15 | 12900k | Nvidia RTX 3070ti | 15.6" 1080p 240hz | Kingston 3200 32GB (2x16GB) | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB Heatsink Edition

1 hour ago, electrosoft said:

I'm so happy you rectified the situation Papu! How many pairs of Crocs did you have to trade in for that wonderful upgrade in quality of life? 😁

Thanks 🙂

My wife tried every day. And they said all is rented out. I don’t like if people don’t fully respect the people that pay their bills. 

It’s more costly for the apartment if people rent AC. The apartment usually don’t offer this service because of the increased electricity cost (why all apartments don’t have AC is because the weather is normally 26-28C aka not the warmer place on earth - perfect microclimate). But I stepped up in the reception myself today and I’m usually good to talk for myself and in the language they understand and the receptionist had to take a call. Wips they comme up with one within minutes 🙂 And as a fyi I don’t want trade any of my all black crocs bro electro, LOOL

Edit. As a note. Not allowed to post about alcohol. But I got a gift on the table in my bungalow when we was out eating. I asked the reception about a bottle whine. They didn’t know. Later the receptionist contacted me. A gift from the cleaners. I was baffled. I treat all people well. But this was an surprise. Some people are their own league. And the cleaners here is very bad paid (from North Africa and spain). Still this guest. Amazing. Some like/likes me 🙂

• Thumb Up 2
  • Like 4

"The Killer"  ASUS ROG Z790 Apex Encore | 14900KS | 4090 HOF + 20 other graphics cards | 32GB DDR5 | Be Quiet! Dark Power Pro 12 - 1500 Watt | Second PSU - Cooler Master V750 SFX Gold 750W (For total of 2250W Power) | Corsair Obsidian 1000D | Custom Cooling | Asus ROG Strix XG27AQ 27" Monitors |

Nice. That's awesome news. All hail the king of cross. I'm praying my pair will arrive today. They are newer model but better. Well thats a given. I didn't bother with starfield but it's going to be on game pass so hopefully I'll check it out sooner then later

• Thumb Up 1
  • Thanks 1

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled

3 hours ago, Izy said:

dont worry some added dlss 3 with frame gen that almost doubles the framerate

to bad its behind a patreon paywall as usual

I think it would cost you $5?

• Thumb Up 2

Electrosoft Prime: 7950X3D | MSI X670E Carbon  | MSI Suprim X Liquid 4090 | AC LF II 420 | G.Skill 6000 A-Die 2x32GB | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB | EVGA 1600w P2 | Phanteks Ethroo Pro | Alienware AW3225QF 32" OLED

MelMel:  AMD Ryzen 5 7600x | Asus B650 Prime | Powercolor Spectra White 7900XTX | Asus Ryugin III 240mm AIO | M-die 2x16GB Custom | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB | EVGA P2 850w | Hyte Y40 | BenQ 32" 4k
Heath: i9-12900k | EVGA CLC 280 | Asus Strix Z690 D4 | Asus Strix 3080 | 32GB DDR4 2x16GB B-Die 4000  | WD Black SN850 512GB |  EVGA DG-77 | Samsung G7 32" 144hz 32"

Eurocom Raptor X15 | 12900k | Nvidia RTX 3070ti | 15.6" 1080p 240hz | Kingston 3200 32GB (2x16GB) | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB Heatsink Edition

3 hours ago, electrosoft said:

Having played some more of it, I am now referring to it as Starfield 76 aka Fallout in Space aka Starfall aka StarOut aka FallField.....as it looks feels and plays just like Fallout 4 and 76.

I'm waiting to see if any of the frame render or loot/NPC bugs rear their ugly heads.

Tempering your expectations, the vast majority of GPUs down to even a 3060 are enough to actually play. We're just a group of jaded hardware enthusiasts.....

Looks 4.5Ghz might just be out of the cards, cant even POST at 101.00 BCLK

Also looks like the RAM kit I bought for this system forever ago appear to be duds. They do XMP, but thats about it.

• Sad 2

4 hours ago, Reciever said:

Looks 4.5Ghz might just be out of the cards, cant even POST at 101.00 BCLK

Also looks like the RAM kit I bought for this system forever ago appear to be duds. They do XMP, but thats about it.

Did you try bumping up the memory voltage? XMP profiles are often  not stable because their default voltage is too low and if you tighten some of the timings things will come unraveled unless you increase the voltage. I would start at 1.500V and see if you can dial in settings you want. Once you do, slowly start decreasing the voltage until it begins acting up, then go back up about 0.020-0.025V.

• Thumb Up 1

Wraith // Z790 Apex | 14900KF | 4090 Suprim X+Byksi Block | 48GB DDR5-8600 | Toughpower GF3 1650W | MO-RA3 360 | Hailea HC-500A || O11D XL EVO
Banshee // Z790 Apex Encore | 13900KS | 4090 Gaming OC+Alphacool Block | 48GB DDR5-8600 | RM1200x SHIFT | XT45 1080 Nova || Dark Base Pro 901
Munchkin // Z790i Edge | 14900KF | Arc A770 Phantom Gaming OC | 48GB DDR5-8200 | GameMax 850W | EK Nucleus CR360 Dark || Prime AP201 
Half-Breed // Dell Precision 7720 | BGA CPU Filth+MXM Quadro P5000 | Sub-$500 Grade A Refurb || Nothing to Write Home About  

Mr. Fox YouTube Channel | Mr. Fox @ HWBOT

The average response time for a 911 call is 10 minutes. The response time of a .357 is 1400 feet per second. 

23 minutes ago, Mr. Fox said:

Did you try bumping up the memory voltage? XMP profiles are often  not stable because their default voltage is too low and if you tighten some of the timings things will come unraveled unless you increase the voltage. I would start at 1.500V and see if you can dial in settings you want. Once you do, slowly start decreasing the voltage until it begins acting up, then go back up about 0.020-0.025V.

I did quite a bit of reading last night and this morning. It looks like there are multiple factors in play for memory overclocking on AM4. 

First, the kit themselves. People and reviewers failed to hit even 3400Mhz on this kit. Even timings barely move without hitting instability. Im not too bent over it, was just seeing what I could get from them but as a daily driver system, 32GB was more to what I was wanting. Everything else would've just been a bonus. 

Second, AM4 motherboards seem to have issues when applying XMP as well, chiefly where the SoC voltage ramps up for reasons yet to be discerned. Have to go back and set voltage manually. Once this is done, generally memory OC then becomes viable. However, I run into the issues above.

Its fine, its a bummer sure but I will keep the 4400Mhz kit in the 10850K system, benching doesnt have much need for more than 16GB where as a daily driver system will feel those limitations.

I am gathering the data into an excel spreadsheet so I can make some bar charts, had to re-run some benchmarks since I made some clerical errors. Hopefully tomorrow I can have this posted and move on to working on my professional development.

• Thumb Up 4

15 hours ago, Izy said:

dont worry some added dlss 3 with frame gen that almost doubles the framerate

to bad its behind a patreon paywall as usual

Not if you know where to look

• Thumb Up 1
  • Haha 2
ASUS Strix Scar 17
Ryzen 9 7945HX
CB R23: 37202
32GB x2 DDR5 6000 CL34 Hynix A-die
RTX 4090 Laptop (Shunt modded)
Firestrike graphics: 58 334 || Timespy graphics: 27049 ||
Port Royal: 17013 || Steel Nomad DX12: 6639

LOOL

This is going to be some good irony if it really turns out to be true that AMD CPUs fall way behind in Starfield.

https://www.overclock.net/threads/official-nvidia-rtx-4090-owners-club.1800847/post-29232852

• Haha 2

Perhaps its the former console gamer in me but here I am enjoying Everspace 2 (a spiritual successor to one of my favorite games of all time) and I am about to pick up Armored Core 6. 

The crazy thing is, I love Elder Scroll games but I cannot get into Bethesda's Fallout games. So if @electrosoft initial thoughts are true, I won't like Starfield. Shame. 

• Thumb Up 3
  • Bump 1

Connecticut Citizens Defense League: Carry On!

1 hour ago, Rage Set said:

Perhaps its the former console gamer in me but here I am enjoying Everspace 2 (a spiritual successor to one of my favorite games of all time) and I am about to pick up Armored Core 6. 

The crazy thing is, I love Elder Scroll games but I cannot get into Bethesda's Fallout games. So if @electrosoft initial thoughts are true, I won't like Starfield. Shame. 

There is a thread on that. Predictably enough the visuals are there but the plot and gameplay mostly suck.

I listened to what the “butcher of Fallout” Todd had to say, and it”s clear he has no clue. It’s like “yeah, we have the engine let’s make a space game, a Bethesda game through and through” lol

Yet, people accept the mediocrity and purchase their products.

Same thing with buying overpriced hardware from a hardware monopolist.

Clearly, the ideal situation would be for, say, 3 manufacturers: NVidia, AMD and Intel to go hand in hand, trade blows, and sort of stay in balance. Obviously the current situation is out of whack and unfortunately only we can do something about that.

20 hours ago, electrosoft said:

We're just a group of jaded hardware enthusiasts.....

They wouldn't be able to be in that mode if people were more strategic in their purchasing decisions.

Imagine the situation where all gamers think like say @Mr. Fox. NVidia would quickly become one of the most customer-focused companies on the planet, the 4090 would be offered at $999, at most, before heavy discounts lol

It's just that they can count on a pool of people to rip off. This is why I like what @tps3443 is saying - "3090 is plenty for this, I'm fine". Refraining from consumption to send the message is the only way.

Saying you are an enthusiast is fine, but isn't @ryan with his 3060 laptop? It's just that you want to posses the fastest hardware possible and you are not concerned with voting with your wallet. This is kind of self-centered enthusiast thinking we are all guilty of to some extent, but looking at the number of benches done, we are really no more enthusiasts than @ryan even though some of our HW cost 10% of his total spend.

Ultimately though, we usually don't put the hardware on display just to stare at it, we use it - if a 4090 is a must have then fair enough, but I would hope more of us could really just take a step back and have a sanity check on whether that's really the case, or is it just a bit of an addiction to power. We should be legion, we are not - we are being played and exploited by the likes of Jensen, who in addition runs a company which is no longer concerned with gaming or enthusiast PC hardware, and IMO should be penalized on that basis alone.

Going beyond gaming, I suggest we will all be in deep trouble before long unless we assume very robust community agency when dealing with big tech and other problematic corporations.

• Thumb Up 2
  • Bump 1

"We're rushing towards a cliff, but the closer we get, the more scenic the views are."

-- Max Tegmark

@Etern4lis right. I thought about a 3080ti laptop but by the time a game would require the added power both the 3060 and 3080ti would be surpassed by the 4k series. So to save a buck. Also as we can see with starfield even the 4k series isn't enough so technically if you bought a out dated 3k series it's outdated the same as the 4k series. Developers need to make the games deeper and better visually not more demanding just for the sake of it. Fingers crossed with motor sport

• Thumb Up 2

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled

3 hours ago, Rage Set said:

2 hours ago, Etern4l said:

There is a thread on that. Predictably enough the visuals are there but the plot and gameplay mostly suck.

I listened to what the “butcher of Fallout” Todd had to say, and it”s clear he has no clue. It’s like “yeah, we have the engine let’s make a space game, a Bethesda game through and through” lol

I have never, ever been a console gamer, always only PC. I hate game pads and joy sticks and only like keyboard and mouse. I think it's a matter of personal preference and I'm much the same. I have several of the Fallout games and find them too boring. My sons love the Fallout franchise. I have tried super hard to discover what they like about it and can't. Same applies to the Skyrim, Witcher and GTA franchises (which my sons also love). I've tried hard and forced myself to play more than an hour of each release and it's like watching pain dry to me.

My gaming interest is concentrated on AAA FPS titles along the lines of the Crysis, CoD, Unreal Tournament, Gears of War, Wolfenstein, Quake and Doom franchises, and anything similar. Oddly enough, I do like Elder Scrolls. Vermintide is acceptable, too. I also like God of War.

• Thumb Up 4
  • Bump 1

Wraith // Z790 Apex | 14900KF | 4090 Suprim X+Byksi Block | 48GB DDR5-8600 | Toughpower GF3 1650W | MO-RA3 360 | Hailea HC-500A || O11D XL EVO
Banshee // Z790 Apex Encore | 13900KS | 4090 Gaming OC+Alphacool Block | 48GB DDR5-8600 | RM1200x SHIFT | XT45 1080 Nova || Dark Base Pro 901
Munchkin // Z790i Edge | 14900KF | Arc A770 Phantom Gaming OC | 48GB DDR5-8200 | GameMax 850W | EK Nucleus CR360 Dark || Prime AP201 
Half-Breed // Dell Precision 7720 | BGA CPU Filth+MXM Quadro P5000 | Sub-$500 Grade A Refurb || Nothing to Write Home About  

The average response time for a 911 call is 10 minutes. The response time of a .357 is 1400 feet per second. 

5 minutes ago, Mr. Fox said:

I have never, ever been a console gamer, always only PC. I hate game pads and joy sticks and only like keyboard and mouse. I think it's a matter of personal preference and I'm much the same. I have several of the Fallout games and find them too boring. My sons love the Fallout franchise. I have tried super hard to discover what they like about it and can't. Same applies to the Skyrim, Witcher and GTA franchises (which my sons also love). I've tried hard and forced myself to play more than an hour of each release and it's like watching pain dry to me.

My gaming interest is concentrated on AAA FPS titles along the lines of the Crysis, CoD, Unreal Tournament, Gears of War and Quake franchises, and anything similar. Oddly enough, I do like Elder Scrolls. Vermintide is acceptable, too. I also like God of War.

Well, you don't seem to be too much of an RPG connaisseur, which is fair enough. Consequently though, Fallout 1 and 2 would have been unlikely to appeal to you. That said, I hope you will enjoy the second part of my earlier post which I edited in moments ago to save us from the headache of double-posting :)

• Thumb Up 2

-- Max Tegmark

4 minutes ago, ryan said:

@Etern4lis right. I thought about a 3080ti laptop but by the time a game would require the added power both the 3060 and 3080ti would be surpassed by the 4k series. So to save a buck. Also as we can see with starfield even the 4k series isn't enough so technically if you bought a out dated 3k series it's outdated the same as the 4k series. Developers need to make the games deeper and better visually not more demanding just for the sake of it. Fingers crossed with motor sport

I really do think that part of it is just crappy work on the part of the game developers. Sloppy coding doesn't run smoothly and requires stronger hardware to minimize the impact of the half-assed products.

• Thumb Up 5

4 minutes ago, Mr. Fox said:

I really do think that part of it is just crappy work on the part of the game developers. Sloppy coding doesn't run smoothly and requires stronger hardware to minimize the impact of the half-assed products.

I do wonder if some sort of incentives from graphics cards manufacturers play a role here. This is where consoles have an upper hand. The HW is set and games must be optimised to run on it, with particular FPS requirements.

One more point consoles vs PC - NVidia's greed is part of the reason why we have such a huge gap in cost of consoles vs reasonable PC HW. Console manufacturers are able negotiate amazing deals, whereas Jensen can spectacularly rip individuals off. Hence a need for some sort of collective thinking and action on this. 

• Thanks 1
  • Like 3

-- Max Tegmark

I guess I'm the same way. Crysis thumbs up witcher thumbs down. And yes it's like watching paint dry. Thrilling. Let's collect a flower called elder berries in a video game world then build a potion. Rinse and repeat 30 000 times. As if doing it once wasn't mindless enough

• Thumb Up 1
  • Like 2

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled

1 hour ago, Etern4l said:

Well, you don't seem to be too much of an RPG connaisseur, which is fair enough. Consequently though, Fallout 1 and 2 would have been unlikely to appeal to you. That said, I hope you will enjoy the second part of my earlier post which I edited in moments ago to save us from the headache of double-posting 🙂

I did. Thank you. If it's what I think you're referring to I replied in that thread. While my preference is first person shooters, I have enjoyed a few other genres as long as they don't get too bogged down with collecting garbage and crafting trash, or interacting with AI to reveal clues and similar nonsense that bores me to death.

1 hour ago, Etern4l said:

I do wonder if some sort of incentives from graphics cards manufacturers play a role here. This is where consoles have an upper hand. The HW is set and games must be optimised to run on it, with particular FPS requirements.

One more point consoles vs PC - NVidia's greed is part of the reason why we have such a huge gap in cost of consoles vs reasonable PC HW. Console manufacturers are able negotiate amazing deals, whereas Jensen can spectacularly rip individuals off. Hence a need for some sort of collective thinking and action on this. 

Bingo. The Green God of Greed has made participation prohibitively costly and unnecessarily complex.

1 hour ago, ryan said:

I guess I'm the same way. Crysis thumbs up witcher thumbs down. And yes it's like watching paint dry. Thrilling. Let's collect flower called elder berries in a video game world then build a potion. Rinse and repeat 30 000 times. As if doing it once wasn't mindless enough

Amen. I'm not sure why but I found your comment hilarious and it perfectly captured the essence of what I strongly dislike about Witcher games and titles with a similar style of gameplay (i.e. Skyrim). I have literally fallen asleep at the keyboard trying to force myself to play them.

A really good action game will leave me with a bad case of jitters from being amped up on adrenaline for an extended amount of time. I love when that happens.

• Thumb Up 3
  • Bump 1

1 hour ago, ryan said:

Developers need to make the games deeper and better visually not more demanding just for the sake of it.

They could do a lot better but the temping money shifting hands is what’s driving them. See… this. A few months old 4060 and 4060Ti isn’t good enough for coming games. Willed policy. Paid by the hardware manufacturers and the big devil Microsoft. New hardware is old hardware. You need to buy the latest and greatest if you want to play. And even that isn’t good enough. You need minimum 4070Ti or better. 4080 price is what all should pay to play. 

In short… Greedy devils!

Edit. Hope everyone understand my English these vacation days. I post text directly from my head and with my not perfect English. I don’t use any translator. So bare with me if you don’t understand everything. Just reply back and ask for clarification if something isn’t clear 🙂  I understand everything in English but my writing isn’t perfect. 

• Thumb Up 2
  • Like 2