NotebookTalk

*Official Benchmark Thread* - Post it here or it didn't happen :D

Mr. Fox

On 9/9/2023 at 10:50 PM, ryan said:

this. I get 30fps because I chose to get a 3060 midrange laptop, I knew what I was getting into before I bought it. Im not going to buy an electric vehicle then compain I dont have a 1000km range whilst driving from vancouver to toronto. like I think if your going to talk about something you should not do like the old saying judging a book by its cover. Its a good game, is it game of the year? heck no. but that is true of all games except for the game of the year game.

Gets old when certain members just chime in to argue using their opinion as a fact, and the logic of, I thought of this therefore it must be fact. Not everyone will like this game, and it's a miracle I like it, as I don't play rpgs.  more into crysis esque games. but im not going to comment on a game I haven't given any time to.

I see this time and time again, user posts an opinion and someone else has a contrary opinion its like they treated it as an attack on their character, and respond by personal insults the same way a 5 year old child would.

Its almost the same reason why i bought my current laptop over 3 years ago, hell anything was better than my old laptop which only had a geforce gt 750m which can barely run anything after 2015. Only reason i didnt upgrade sooner because i was dealing with a lot of money and personal issues and PC gaming wasnt on my mind. Playing games on 1080p high/ultra with 60fps+ for only $1000 was a great deal at the time and cant ask anything more. Even now i still get good gaming performance for the games i play

Currently Starfield has the worst optimization of any game released in 2023 and i thought Forspoken was the worst, It isnt like its using Next-gen graphics that requires a high end PC to run it property. When a desktop RTX 3070 struggles to run the game on 1080p on High thats a major problem, I dont know who to blame for it AMD, Bethesda, Microsoft or all of them. Its funny that Modders are doing a better job fixing the game better than Bethesda. The game has potential but its being ruined by bad decisions.

• Like 2

Current Laptop:

Lenovo Legion 5: AMD Ryzen 7 4800H 2.8Ghz (Boost: 4.2Ghz), 6GB Nvidia Geforce GTX 1660Ti GDDR6 Memory, 15.6" FHD (1920 x 1080) 144Hz IPS display, 32GB 3200MHz DDR4 memory, 512GB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD, 1 TB Teamgroup MP34 M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD, Windows 10 Home 22H2

1 minute ago, KING19 said:

The game has potential but its being ruined by bad decisions.

very true, I think its a great game but the performance for how it looks it a utter joke and its a complete failure on that front. I can max cyberpunk without path tracing and get higher framerates at 1080p but idk its all just ports. I hate to say it but if your a gamer consoles might be the way to go unless you like fiddling with mods and IQ. I personally will be with pcs until the ship sinks much like a captain from the past, I enjoy mods and enjoy KB/M gaming im a dying breed.

As for getting 30fps its a stellar cinematic experience lol, I manage to get 30 at 4k the same as 1080p, resolution doesn't seem to have a super big impact on performance and neither do the settings. I get 31fps on all low 90percent scaling and 28fps on all high/ultra shadows low. I can play the game at 30fps and suprisingly the games performance doesn't fluctuate very much so at the end of the day for starfield your either going to want to hurt yourself and hate it or your going to want to go to church to praise it. it really is one of the most polarising games in the history of video games. I enjoy it and have logged in 10 hours, im taking a break(3days) from it but I can't help but wonder about the future of PC gaming. sigh

• Thumb Up 3

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled

4 hours ago, jaybee83 said:

welll now ure just showing off...especially with those fancy pink sandals 😁

but jokes aside, dayum. u got some serious lucky mobo / imc / dimm combo right there!

I've known chew for a long time, and he's a rock star when it comes to memory tweaking. I'm glad he's posting his results for us.

• Thumb Up 6
  • Bump 1

Lian Li Lancool III | Ryzen 9 7950X | 48gb G-skill Trident Z5 DDR5 8000mhz | MSI Mpg X670E Carbon |

AsRock Taichi Radeon 7900xtx Bykski Block |Raijintek Scylla Pro 360 custom loop| Crucial T700 1tb

WD Black's SN770 500gb/1tb NVME | Toshiba 8Tb 7200rpm Data |

EVGA 1000w SuperNova |32" Agon 1440p 165hz Curved Screen |  Windows 10 LoT 21h2

I did a test.

1080p lowest settings and 50percent resolution scale dlss mod all low and off I was getting 42fps average

4k-highest settings all maxed 67percent resolution scale(dlss quality defualt) I am getting a solid average of 29fps

how is this even possible, I honestly think they went out of their way to accomplish this feat, this is not mere coincidence. 

No other game this side of minesweeper does this or has the same results, usually even with poorly optimised games resolution plays a big factor.

• Thumb Up 1
  • Bump 1

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled

The new volt limited 4090s are worse than we previously thought.

https://youtu.be/MiV2cnfm_Qs?si=yOMnwT2tFoWIEVSn

TL;DR: Running under 1150mV induces clock stretching. But the BIOS does not allow you to go beyond 1100mV, and for those with the new AD102-301 revision, beyond 1070mV.

At 1070mV, you lose up to 100mhz of clock speed without any indication in MSI Afterburner or EVGA Precision.

The only way to fix this is by flashing back to a 1.1v Bios.

• Thumb Up 4
  • Like 2
  • Bump 1
ASUS Strix Scar 17
Ryzen 9 7945HX
CB R23: 37202
32GB x2 DDR5 6000 CL34 Hynix A-die
RTX 4090 Laptop (Shunt modded)
Firestrike graphics: 58 334 || Timespy graphics: 27049 ||
Port Royal: 17013 || Steel Nomad DX12: 6639

7 hours ago, KING19 said:

The _______ has potential but its being ruined by bad decisions.

Unfortunately that's the problem with way too many things in our lives right now. If you put a blank spot where the word game is you will never run out of words to insert there.

1 hour ago, seanwee said:

TL;DR: Running under 1150mV induces clock stretching. But the BIOS does not allow you to go beyond 1100mV, and for those with the new AD102-301 revision, beyond 1070mV.

At 1070mV, you lose up to 100mhz of clock speed without any indication in MSI Afterburner or EVGA Precision.

That's what I've been saying all along... I need a 1.200V+ vBIOS or hardware mod that works in order to get what I paid for. Increasing the power limit is waste of time when you don't have the ability to consume it and more than a 1.100V baby-girl voltage cap is the only way to get there. As awesome as they might be the 4090 is castrated by insufficient voltage. But you know there are going to be some numbskulls out there trying to undervolt LOL.

• Thumb Up 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 6

Wraith // Z790 Apex | 14900KF | 4090 Suprim X+Byksi Block | 48GB DDR5-8600 | Toughpower GF3 1650W | MO-RA3 360 | Hailea HC-500A || O11D XL EVO
Banshee // Z790 Apex Encore | 13900KS | 4090 Gaming OC+Alphacool Block | 48GB DDR5-8600 | RM1200x SHIFT | XT45 1080 Nova || Dark Base Pro 901
Munchkin // Z790i Edge | 14900KF | Arc A770 Phantom Gaming OC | 48GB DDR5-8200 | GameMax 850W | EK Nucleus CR360 Dark || Prime AP201 
Half-Breed // Dell Precision 7720 | BGA CPU Filth+MXM Quadro P5000 | Sub-$500 Grade A Refurb || Nothing to Write Home About  

Mr. Fox YouTube Channel | Mr. Fox @ HWBOT

The average response time for a 911 call is 10 minutes. The response time of a .357 is 1400 feet per second. 

11 hours ago, Raiderman said:

I've known chew for a long time, and he's a rock star when it comes to memory tweaking. I'm glad he's posting his results for us.

oh heck yeah, always good to have such peeps around in the community. @chewkeep posting man! maybe u can be the anti-pole to papus black crocs 😁

13 hours ago, electrosoft said:

Jufes doing fully tuned, 13900ks vs 7800X3D with tuned memory and OC'd 4090 vs 7900xtx swapping them between platforms to boot.

omg just cant get over those ultra silly thumbnails of his, just.... 🤣

6 hours ago, seanwee said:

yep been aware of that for a while now, lots of reports on that over at overclock.net. one additional factor to be aware of while overclocking with the 1.1 V limit in place.

• Haha 2

Mine: Hyperion "Titan God of Heat, Heavenly Light, Power" (2022-24)
AMD Ryzen 9 7950X (custom TG IHS) / Asus ROG Crosshair X670E Extreme / MSI Geforce RTX 4090 Suprim X / Teamgroup T-Force Delta RGB DDR5-8200 2x24 GB / Seagate Firecuda 530 4 TB / 5x Samsung 860 Evo 4 TB / Arctic Liquid Freezer II 420 (Push/Pull 6x Noctua NF-A14 IndustrialPPC-3000 intake) / Seasonic TX-1600 W Titanium / Phanteks Enthoo Pro 2 TG (3x Arctic P12 A-RGB intake / 4x Arctic P14 A-RGB exhaust / 1x Arctic P14 A-RGB RAM cooling) / Samsung Odyssey Neo G8 32" 4K 240 Hz / Ducky One 3 Daybreak Fullsize Cherry MX Brown / Corsair M65 Ultra RGB / PDP Afterglow Wave Black

My Lady's: Clevo NH55JNNQ "Alfred" (2022-24)
Sharp LQ156M1JW03 FHD matte 15.6" IGZO 8 bit @248 Hz / Intel Core i5 12600 / Nvidia Geforce RTX 3070 Ti / Mushkin Redline DDR4-3200 2x32 GB / Samsung 970 Pro 1 TB / Samsung 870 QVO 8 TB / Intel AX201 WIFI 6+BT 5.2 / Win 11 Pro Phoenix Lite OS / 230 W PSU powered by Prema Mod!

10 hours ago, seanwee said:

Yup, this is the fix from nvidia l have waited on since the first fried 4090 popped up. New silicon revision only to fix the 12VHPW connector failure, LOOL

The revised 12+4 power connector for the new 4090s wasn’t enough. And the angled adapter failure from CM didn’t make it better with the increased amount of burned up 4090s. Defective products from etc Cablemod is one of the main drivers for nvidia to castrate own cards. Thanks CM.

The next fix will be worse!
With time they will do the same as they did for Maxwell graphics cards. Cap the voltage at max default with drivers for all revisions of cards. So soon you’ll have to say goodbye to an working voltage slider. Nice. The nvidia way fix own engineering/design flaws. 

Equal disgusting as the weather home. Got this one from my son. Temps go down to 2C as coldest with rain and probably +90% humidity. Here down 28C with full sun. It will be a huge shock when we come home. 

https://freeimage.host/i/JH9Jk12

Try read the text in the grey boxes and understand the text. Or put it same text in an translator. Yup, Norwegian isn’t easy to understand🙂

https://freeimage.host/i/JH91c0v

Worst rain weather I've seen in a long time soaking wet right through everything. Cold rain with ice/snow. Yup, something to look forwards to 😞

• Thumb Up 2

"The Killer"  ASUS ROG Z790 Apex Encore | 14900KS | 4090 HOF + 20 other graphics cards | 32GB DDR5 | Be Quiet! Dark Power Pro 12 - 1500 Watt | Second PSU - Cooler Master V750 SFX Gold 750W (For total of 2250W Power) | Corsair Obsidian 1000D | Custom Cooling | Asus ROG Strix XG27AQ 27" Monitors |

Papusan @ HWBOTTeam PremaMod @ HWBOT | Papusan @ YouTube Channel

On 9/11/2023 at 1:38 PM, Papusan said:

First AMD processors crashing in the game. Now time for bugs with AMD graphics. Do we see the stars with the newest Nvidia graphics cards as 4000 series? And do we even need see all the stars?🤐

Be sure you have a spare older Nvidia graphics card if you want to experience the whole game, LOOL

Newest is always better @ryan😂

The user also reported that he was able to resolve the issue by simply swapping in his AMD Radeon RX 7900 XT GPU with an NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti. It should be remembered that Bethesda and AMD partnered together to optimize the experience for Ryzen and Radeon GPU owners. 

https://wccftech.com/starfield-is-seemingly-missing-entire-stars-when-running-on-amd-radeon-gpus/

And maybe 3rd time have it’s sharm… Nice seeing people have the time for this. Me… No time for this. 

@ryanas I have always said. New/Newer has to be better, LOOL

AMD team try a screw you all. Also older nvidia cards is affected as they said. But this damn new star game is optimized for the new and shiny from AMD. Enjoy. The sun doesn’t shine on AMD users, HaHa You’ll need nvidia for that, LOOL

https://www.pcgamer.com/in-starfield-the-sun-literally-doesnt-shine-on-amd-gpu-users/

"The Killer"  ASUS ROG Z790 Apex Encore | 14900KS | 4090 HOF + 20 other graphics cards | 32GB DDR5 | Be Quiet! Dark Power Pro 12 - 1500 Watt | Second PSU - Cooler Master V750 SFX Gold 750W (For total of 2250W Power) | Corsair Obsidian 1000D | Custom Cooling | Asus ROG Strix XG27AQ 27" Monitors |

The newest(better) drivers for nvidia was just released...testing starfield right now

Now hold your breath..release.

They did nothing for me. Aside from a slight unnoticeable bump. Maybe just maybe 2fps more. I was getting 30fps at ultra 4k..now I'm getting 30-32fps

Actually a little update the settings were different..now on native ultra I get 29fps native as in unaltered changes to the settings and just using ultra preset..not bad I'm pretty sure it was the same before not sure..if someone else can test..gravy

• Thumb Up 2

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled

Who need gamers when they can sell their overpriced hardware and silicon for AI ? AMD is the gamers best friend. 

Where’s the competition? 

https://www.techspot.com/news/100112-leaks-suggest-there-wont-radeon-rx-8800-or.html

• Thumb Up 3
  • Sad 1

38 minutes ago, Papusan said:

Who need gamers when they can sell their overpriced hardware and silicon for AI ? AMD is the gamers best friend. 

Where’s the competition? 

https://www.techspot.com/news/100112-leaks-suggest-there-wont-radeon-rx-8800-or.html

I dont mind if that means we can have more mGPU support :) I'd love to CFX the 5700XT....mostly because I still have 5 of them lmao

Also is 4400Mhz the best balance between speed and timings for DDR4 @Mr. Fox? I have been debating getting some faster RAM for the X3D after seeing some anecdotal evidence of around 10% improvement in certain titles which might be worth adding a comparison (+content for the forum). 

• Thumb Up 4
  • Bump 1

15 minutes ago, Reciever said:

I dont mind if that means we can have more mGPU support 🙂 I'd love to CFX the 5700XT....mostly because I still have 5 of them lmao

Also is 4400Mhz the best balance between speed and timings for DDR4 @Mr. Fox? I have been debating getting some faster RAM for the X3D after seeing some anecdotal evidence of around 10% improvement in certain titles which might be worth adding a comparison (+content for the forum). 

I am not really sure on your AMD system what is best. If I recall correctly (and I may be a bit foggy now since it has been a while) X570 starts getting crazy latency and diminished returns if your memory clock is not at or near syncronized with FCLK. I found it difficult and frustrating with the 5950X. Running DDR4 at 4400 is better than most people could accomplish.

• Thumb Up 4

Wraith // Z790 Apex | 14900KF | 4090 Suprim X+Byksi Block | 48GB DDR5-8600 | Toughpower GF3 1650W | MO-RA3 360 | Hailea HC-500A || O11D XL EVO
Banshee // Z790 Apex Encore | 13900KS | 4090 Gaming OC+Alphacool Block | 48GB DDR5-8600 | RM1200x SHIFT | XT45 1080 Nova || Dark Base Pro 901
Munchkin // Z790i Edge | 14900KF | Arc A770 Phantom Gaming OC | 48GB DDR5-8200 | GameMax 850W | EK Nucleus CR360 Dark || Prime AP201 
Half-Breed // Dell Precision 7720 | BGA CPU Filth+MXM Quadro P5000 | Sub-$500 Grade A Refurb || Nothing to Write Home About  

The average response time for a 911 call is 10 minutes. The response time of a .357 is 1400 feet per second. 

1 minute ago, Mr. Fox said:

I am not really sure on your AMD system what is best. If I recall correctly (and I may be a bit foggy now since it has been a while) X570 starts getting crazy latency and diminished returns if your memory clock is not at or near syncronized with FCLK. I found it difficult and frustrating with the 5950X. Running DDR4 at 4400 is better than most people could accomplish.

Ahh right, and running beyond 2000 FCLK things begin to spiral IIRC then I should settle for 4000Mhz with the tightest timings then. Well hopefully the prices will be kind when I start looking around. 

• Thumb Up 5

5 hours ago, ryan said:

The newest(better) drivers for nvidia was just released...testing starfield right now

They did nothing for me. Aside from a slight unnoticeable bump. Maybe just maybe 2fps more. I was getting 30fps at ultra 4k..now I'm getting 30-32fps

Actually a little update the settings were different..now on native ultra I get 29fps native as in unaltered changes to the settings and just using ultra preset..not bad I'm pretty sure it was the same before not sure..if someone else can test..gravy

Installing now, I had no idea these were released. 

• Thumb Up 1
  • Bump 1

13900KF

Looks like well get the first game where a 8 core CPU will not be enough anymore. also check the cooling 😄

• Thumb Up 4
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

7950X3D| Zotac 4090 AMP Extreme Airo| MSI MPG B650 Edge Wifi| Lian Li Galahad 360 V2| 32GB Kingston Renegade RGBZ 6000|Kingston KC3000 2TB| Fury Renegade 2TB|Samsung 970 Evo 1TB| Lian Li O11 Dynamic Evo| Corsair HX1500i| Samsung Odyssey G9 Neo

Asus Zephyrus G15 (Ryzen 9 6900HS + RTX3080)

5 hours ago, Rage Set said:

I just ordered both the closed and TG editions of this case. Turning my 3960X and X299 builds into servers. 

oh the server edition also comes in TG flavour? huh, unexpected. in any case, just watched jays vid this morning, was nice to see my case being looked at again, albeit in a slightly different config 🙂 

• Thumb Up 5

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X (custom TG IHS) / Asus ROG Crosshair X670E Extreme / MSI Geforce RTX 4090 Suprim X / Teamgroup T-Force Delta RGB DDR5-8200 2x24 GB / Seagate Firecuda 530 4 TB / 5x Samsung 860 Evo 4 TB / Arctic Liquid Freezer II 420 (Push/Pull 6x Noctua NF-A14 IndustrialPPC-3000 intake) / Seasonic TX-1600 W Titanium / Phanteks Enthoo Pro 2 TG (3x Arctic P12 A-RGB intake / 4x Arctic P14 A-RGB exhaust / 1x Arctic P14 A-RGB RAM cooling) / Samsung Odyssey Neo G8 32" 4K 240 Hz / Ducky One 3 Daybreak Fullsize Cherry MX Brown / Corsair M65 Ultra RGB / PDP Afterglow Wave Black

Sharp LQ156M1JW03 FHD matte 15.6" IGZO 8 bit @248 Hz / Intel Core i5 12600 / Nvidia Geforce RTX 3070 Ti / Mushkin Redline DDR4-3200 2x32 GB / Samsung 970 Pro 1 TB / Samsung 870 QVO 8 TB / Intel AX201 WIFI 6+BT 5.2 / Win 11 Pro Phoenix Lite OS / 230 W PSU powered by Prema Mod!

11 hours ago, ryan said:

The performance uplift is from native The Resizable BAR profile in the GeForce driver I think. If you enabled it in Nvidia Inspector previously you may not see any performance gains.

https://www.pcgamer.com/nvidia-driver-update-should-improve-starfield-performance-for-many/

• Thanks 1

On 9/11/2023 at 3:38 PM, jaybee83 said:

welll now ure just showing off...especially with those fancy pink sandals 😁

but jokes aside, dayum. u got some serious lucky mobo / imc / dimm combo right there!

Luck is one cpu. I rely on mostly skill and knowing my particular hardware in an out electrically.

Here's another cpu on another kit of memory on another spare tachyon tested tonight on air noctua cooler......power spec 750 psu.......ala worst case testing. Limited to 1.43 vdd/vddq as this was merely hash out Imc test.

4200.jpg

8650.jpg

• Thumb Up 7
  • Bump 1

1 hour ago, chew said:

Luck is one cpu. I rely on mostly skill and knowing my particular hardware in an out electrically.

Here's another cpu on another kit of memory on another spare tachyon tested tonight on air noctua cooler......power spec 750 psu.......ala worst case testing. Limited to 1.43 vdd/vddq as this was merely hash out Imc test.

4200.jpg

8650.jpg

yeah thats the tachyon though, seems like. barely available anywhere, but good to know u have more than one 😄 

i for one just crapped out on the cpu imc and/or the mobo, cant get 6400 or 8000 stable for the life of me. so now im tightening things up for 6200 and 7800 instead.

i do see significant improvements in timings tho with the new 8200-48gb kit vs. my previous 6600-32gb kit.

• Thumb Up 1
  • Bump 1

1 hour ago, jaybee83 said:

yeah thats the tachyon though, seems like. barely available anywhere, but good to know u have more than one 😄 

i for one just crapped out on the cpu imc and/or the mobo, cant get 6400 or 8000 stable for the life of me. so now im tightening things up for 6200 and 7800 instead.

i do see significant improvements in timings tho with the new 8200-48gb kit vs. my previous 6600-32gb kit.

If you can run PBO voltage curve at -30 all cores with CB 23, I would say it's your board and not imc. I am bench stable at 8000 xmp on, and 6400. I have benched 6600, but not stable. Of course that's only with very limited time playing with it.

• Thumb Up 1
  • Bump 1

Lian Li Lancool III | Ryzen 9 7950X | 48gb G-skill Trident Z5 DDR5 8000mhz | MSI Mpg X670E Carbon |

AsRock Taichi Radeon 7900xtx Bykski Block |Raijintek Scylla Pro 360 custom loop| Crucial T700 1tb

WD Black's SN770 500gb/1tb NVME | Toshiba 8Tb 7200rpm Data |

EVGA 1000w SuperNova |32" Agon 1440p 165hz Curved Screen |  Windows 10 LoT 21h2

40 minutes ago, Raiderman said:

If you can run PBO voltage curve at -30 all cores with CB 23, I would say it's your board and not imc. I am bench stable at 8000 xmp on, and 6400. I have benched 6600, but not stable. Of course that's only with very limited time playing with it.

2 hours ago, jaybee83 said:

If both of your motherboards are 4-DIMM and the Tachyon is 2-DIMM that more than likely accounts for most, if not all, of your limited memory overclock capacity if the scenario is the same as Intel. I'm not aware of any amount of skill that allows a 4-DIMM Intel mobo to match 2-DIMM models. I think it's totally illogical that they even manufacture 4-DIMM enthusiast mobos. I would avoid 4-DIMM boards like a plague. This is why the Tachyon, Unify-X, Dark and Apex boards rule, at least on the Team Blue side of the house. They should stop manufacturing 4-DIMM boards for gaming and enthusiast applications. They are a waste of money.

My 12th Gen Celeron 2C/2T netbook CPU runs 8000 stable on the Dark and Apex. IMC and mobo quality certainly matters, but not as much as topology.

• Thumb Up 2
  • Like 2
  • Bump 2

@Mr. Fox

Look what’s in-stock!!! only (4) left. That includes both ram blocks, and ram waterblock manifold. These are actually watercooled over the memory IC’s. The only ram watercooling kit that offers it. The ram blocks are hollow them selves and water flows through them. 🙂

http://www.supercoolcomputer.com/en/product/41/water-block-ram-รุ่น-direct-chip-full-copper

• Thumb Up 4
  • Like 1
  • Bump 1

13900KF