NotebookTalk

*Official Benchmark Thread* - Post it here or it didn't happen :D

Mr. Fox

1 hour ago, tps3443 said:

Thanks, I thought so. I agree with your thoughts as well. I just bought a R batch with 1.413V VID’s for 6Ghz. The MCSP is 86-87 range with ambient water. It’s a P-SP117 chip. 

I am not gonna delid it right away. I have a cheap Alphacool waterblock I am gonna test it with.  I’m not sure what the 5.6 or 5.8 VID’s are yet, as I haven’t received it just yet. But being a R batch. I would expect the 5.8 VID to be 1.370v or less worst case scenario. It’s gonna be a surprise for those two VID’s as I really don’t know them.

I am primarily after that good IMC though. I’m limited to 8533c40 with my current KS and it’s a MCSP80. 

PS: I am selling my current KS for super cheap if anyone is interested. 

Congrats bro! That is a VERY solid chip I would consider golden for 14th gen. With your setup, it's all about the 6.0 and to a lesser degree 5.8. Always a very small chance, even with a superior vid it will stall but I'm sure it is going to sing.

Has this one been tested for its MC strength both in BIOS and manually?  Smart move testing it with the Alphacool in case the IMC is a dud. No SA bug issues?

Those R batches on average are just on another level. If there was ever an argument for a 14900KS (which I still don't think is coming) it would be those chips.

Did you end up keeping your Encore or sending it back?

• Thumb Up 2
  • Thanks 1

Electrosoft Prime: 7950X3D | MSI X670E Carbon  | MSI Suprim X Liquid 4090 | AC LF II 420 | G.Skill 6000 A-Die 2x32GB | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB | EVGA 1600w P2 | Phanteks Ethroo Pro | Alienware AW3225QF 32" OLED

MelMel:  AMD Ryzen 5 7600x | Asus B650 Prime | Powercolor Spectra White 7900XTX | Asus Ryugin III 240mm AIO | M-die 2x16GB Custom | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB | EVGA P2 850w | Hyte Y40 | BenQ 32" 4k
Heath: i9-12900k | EVGA CLC 280 | Asus Strix Z690 D4 | Asus Strix 3080 | 32GB DDR4 2x16GB B-Die 4000  | WD Black SN850 512GB |  EVGA DG-77 | Samsung G7 32" 144hz 32"

Eurocom Raptor X15 | 12900k | Nvidia RTX 3070ti | 15.6" 1080p 240hz | Kingston 3200 32GB (2x16GB) | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB Heatsink Edition

I really do believe I have a storage addiction. I could happily ignore GPUs (almost picked up a 4090 from GameStop of all places because it was at MSRP), CPUs (I have a 7600X that I eventually want to replace with a 7950X) and etc. Storage is my Achilles heel. I just picked up three more 4TB Acer GM7000 SSDs, which are criminally underrated by reviewers and buyers. 

My addiction also forces me to always look at "HEDT", as neither AMD or Intel's mainstream platforms offer true PCIe Bifurcation support. My MSI X670e ACE has pseudo-PCIe Bifurcation, meaning I have to use their included PCIe Gen 5 card. Why they don't support manual PCIe Bifurcation is beyond me. 

Another story for you. I'm building a gaming PC for my wife's cousin. His first gaming PC. I gave him the option of my 6800XT and 3060 TI. I explained to him the differences. Mind you, he only knows bits and pieces about tech from his friends. He chose Nvidia. There was no price difference, I was going to give him either for the same price. Just reinforces that the average PC user only knows certain brand names. He also wanted as much RGB as I could add within his budget, hahaha. 

• Thumb Up 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Connecticut Citizens Defense League: Carry On!

4 hours ago, electrosoft said:

Congrats bro! That is a VERY solid chip I would consider golden for 14th gen. With your setup, it's all about the 6.0 and to a lesser degree 5.8. Always a very small chance, even with a superior vid it will stall but I'm sure it is going to sing.

Has this one been tested for its MC strength both in BIOS and manually?  Smart move testing it with the Alphacool in case the IMC is a dud. No SA bug issues?

Those R batches on average are just on another level. If there was ever an argument for a 14900KS (which I still don't think is coming) it would be those chips.

Did you end up keeping your Encore or sending it back?

Yes the chip is pre-tested. And it’s got a very very strong IMC 8600+. No SA bug. Not gonna lie though, seeing that P-SP120 roll through has made me cry a little. 😂

But hey, SP107 vs SP108. probably not much of a difference here. 

• Thumb Up 2
  • Bump 1

13900KF

32 minutes ago, tps3443 said:

Yes the chip is pre-tested. And it’s got a very very strong IMC 8600+. No SA bug. Not gonna lie though, seeing that P-SP120 roll through has made me cry a little. 😂

But hey, SP107 vs SP108. probably not much of a difference here. 

Congrats brother. You got Cens 14900KF from his action on OCN? If so then be sure check it properly when you get it. Be sure all caps is still on the PCB.

• Thumb Up 2
  • Bump 1

"The Killer"  ASUS ROG Z790 Apex Encore | 14900KS | 4090 HOF + 20 other graphics cards | 32GB DDR5 | Be Quiet! Dark Power Pro 12 - 1500 Watt | Second PSU - Cooler Master V750 SFX Gold 750W (For total of 2250W Power) | Corsair Obsidian 1000D | Custom Cooling | Asus ROG Strix XG27AQ 27" Monitors |

Papusan @ HWBOTTeam PremaMod @ HWBOT | Papusan @ YouTube Channel

4 hours ago, Rage Set said:

I really do believe I have a storage addiction. I could happily ignore GPUs (almost picked up a 4090 from GameStop of all places because it was at MSRP), CPUs (I have a 7600X that I eventually want to replace with a 7950X) and etc. Storage is my Achilles heel. I just picked up three more 4TB Acer GM7000 SSDs, which are criminally underrated by reviewers and buyers. 

My addiction also forces me to always look at "HEDT", as neither AMD or Intel's mainstream platforms offer true PCIe Bifurcation support. My MSI X670e ACE has pseudo-PCIe Bifurcation, meaning I have to use their included PCIe Gen 5 card. Why they don't support manual PCIe Bifurcation is beyond me. 

Another story for you. I'm building a gaming PC for my wife's cousin. His first gaming PC. I gave him the option of my 6800XT and 3060 TI. I explained to him the differences. Mind you, he only knows bits and pieces about tech from his friends. He chose Nvidia. There was no price difference, I was going to give him either for the same price. Just reinforces that the average PC user only knows certain brand names. He also wanted as much RGB as I could add within his budget, hahaha. 

I am addicted to storage as well. Possibly for different reasons, but maybe for some of the same reasons. I love having multiple OSes to mess with and find out which are better and which are worse. I always have a disposable version of Windows that I don't care what happens to it and let the Redmond Retards poop all over it, willy-nilly to see how long it takes it to become a corrupted piece of crap. I don't like partitions. I want a full drive for each purpose. I am also a little bit sloppy when it comes to file management. I dump things on a storage drive until it is full. I do have semi-organized folders for things, but usually end up with duplicates and copies in more than one folder. I don't like having to worry about running out of space.

I would have chosen the NVIDIA card as well, but from a place of personal past experience rather than based on what talking head "influencer" dumb-dumbs on YouTube say. It's unfortunate, but I have not enjoyed owning anything made by AMD, and it hasn't been for lack of trying. I'm learning not to give second and third chances to companies, but it has been the hard way that I've had to learn to not "forgive and forget" when it comes to brand failures. The experience has always been checkered by bugs and stupid crap, or abbreviated lifespan, etc. It seems a power high than I doesn't want me to enjoy owning anything they produce.

1 hour ago, Papusan said:

Congrats brother. You got Cens 14900KF from his action on OCN? If so then be sure check it properly when you get it. Be sure all caps is still on the PCB.

Don't ask how much he paid for it. It was A LOT if it is the one I am thinking of. Hopefully, not the same one I am thinking about (over double new retail price). Since these are much cheaper than the 13900KS there must be a ton of crappy silicon samples. The low price makes it tempting, but I'd probably end up with something inferior to what I already have.

image.png

Speaking of parts... check out my latest ExtremeHW review. My son is super-happy. (He was the recipient of the parts I didn't need.)

CPS – The New Bully on the PC Playground | ExtremeHW Reviews

Discussion thread: https://extremehw.net/topic/3466-cps-the-new-bully-on-the-pc-playground-review-discussion/ 

I am happier than I expected I would be with the A770. I can hardly wait to see how Battlemage turns out. NVIDIA better watch is P's and Q's. Their nonsense with price gouging is liable to bite them in the butt much harder than they might expect. AMD really needs to stop taking cues from the Green Goblin. If Battlemage comes within striking distance of 4080, AMD and NVIDIA probably would be wise to not FAFO what happens to greedy bastards. I really want another 4090... in particular I'd love a Galax HOF 4090, but when I look at the "you're an idiot" pricing even the crappiest 4090 cards are going for now it makes me throw up in my mouth a little bit. If common sense prevails over fear of the unknown, there is a strong possibility Battlemage will give the world zero reason to buy any GPU from AMD and NVIDIA.

• Like 3

Wraith // Z790 Apex | 14900KF | 4090 Suprim X+Byksi Block | 48GB DDR5-8600 | Toughpower GF3 1650W | MO-RA3 360 | Hailea HC-500A || O11D XL EVO

Banshee // Z790 Apex Encore | 13900KS | 4090 Gaming OC+Alphacool Block | 48GB DDR5-8600 | RM1200x SHIFT | XT45 1080 Nova || Antec C8

Spectre // Z790i Edge | 14900KF | 3090 Ti FTW3 | 48GB DDR5-8200 | RM1000e | EK Nucleus CR360 Direct Die || Prime A21

Methuselah // X79 Rampage IV Gene | Xeon E5 1680V2 | 2080 Ti | 32GB DDR3-2400 | GameMax 850W | EK Nucleus CR360 Dark || Prime AP201

Half-Breed // Dell Precision 7720 | BGA CPU Filth+MXM Quadro P5000 | 4K Display | Sub-$500 Grade A Refurb | Nothing to Write Home About

Mr. Fox YouTube Channel | Mr. Fox @ HWBOT

The average response time for a 911 call is 10 minutes. The response time of a .357 is 1400 feet per second. 

1 hour ago, Mr. Fox said:

I am addicted to storage as well. Possibly for different reasons, but maybe for some of the same reasons. I love having multiple OSes to mess with and find out which are better and which are worse. I always have a disposable version of Windows that I don't care what happens to it and let the Redmond Retards poop all over it, willy-nilly to see how long it takes it to become a corrupted piece of crap. I don't like partitions. I want a full drive for each purpose. I am also a little bit sloppy when it comes to file management. I dump things on a storage drive until it is full. I do have semi-organized folders for things, but usually end up with duplicates and copies in more than one folder. I don't like having to worry about running out of space.

I would have chosen the NVIDIA card as well, but from a place of personal past experience rather than based on what talking head "influencer" dumb-dumbs on YouTube say. It's unfortunate, but I have not enjoyed owning anything made by AMD, and it hasn't been for lack of trying. I'm learning not to give second and third chances to companies, but it has been the hard way that I've had to learn to not "forgive and forget" when it comes to brand failures. The experience has always been checkered by bugs and stupid crap, or abbreviated lifespan, etc. It seems a power high than I doesn't want me to enjoy owning anything they produce.

Don't ask how much he paid for it. It was A LOT if it is the one I am thinking of. Hopefully, not the same one I am thinking about (over double new retail price). Since these are much cheaper than the 13900KS there must be a ton of crappy silicon samples. The low price makes it tempting, but I'd probably end up with something inferior to what I already have.

image.png

Speaking of parts... check out my latest ExtremeHW review. My son is super-happy. (He was the recipient of the parts I didn't need.)

Discussion thread: https://extremehw.net/topic/3466-cps-the-new-bully-on-the-pc-playground-review-discussion/

I think everyone in this thread has started using computers during the HDD era as the primary storage device. My first computer HDD had 40GBs and I thought I was hot stuff. Yet I remembered how slow everything was. Accessing anything took ages. I never want to feel that again. 

I know many of you will say you don't feel the speed differences between SATA SSDs and NMVe SSDs, but I am not sure if any of you guys tried editing video over your network or ingest 8K RAW files. The speed of the drive is as important to me as the size. 

I am at a happy medium though. I am not interested in Gen 5 drives; not at this point anyway. I can easily ingest over 2TBs of RAW video in 10 to 15 minutes, instead of the hour plus that it use to take. Which is why I hate QLC....but that's another story for another day. 

• Thumb Up 3
  • Like 1
  • Bump 1

14 minutes ago, Rage Set said:

I think everyone in this thread has started using computers during the HDD era as the primary storage device. My first computer HDD had 40GBs and I thought I was hot stuff. Yet I remembered how slow everything was. Accessing anything took ages. I never want to feel that again. 

I know many of you will say you don't feel the speed differences between SATA SSDs and NMVe SSDs, but I am not sure if any of you guys tried editing video over your network or ingest 8K RAW files. The speed of the drive is as important to me as the size. 

I am at a happy medium though. I am not interested in Gen 5 drives; not at this point anyway. I can easily ingest over 2TBs of RAW video in 10 to 15 minutes, instead of the hour plus that it use to take.

I am sure if I were doing what you mentioned I would absolutely "feel" the difference.  Where the difference is not readily evident is normal daily use for most users. Yeah, no such thing as "too much" drive space. I am phasing out all of my 512GB NVMe SSDs. I am no longer interesting is such a small storage volume. It's a waste of space. 1TB is now the minimum acceptable drive size for an OS installation in my mind, and anything less that 2TB for a storage volume is a waste of money. I'm moving toward using my 1TB SATA and M.2 SSDs for USB storage now and buying only 2TB and 4TB SSDs for storage. The only reason I think 1TB for the OS is OK is because I frequently install programs to a drive that is not occuppied by the OS. I only install things like Office, Photoshop, Acrobat and my core OS tweaking utilities on the same drive as the OS. For example, all games are installed on a 4TB NVMe at G:\Program Files and G:\Program Files (x86).

Being an Intel user, Gen5 is a total waste and is of zero interest to me. I am not about to consider sharing GPU PCIe lanes with storage. So, until Gen5 applies to all PCIe lanes that exist on Intel platforms the technology means nothing to me and has no application.

• Thumb Up 1
  • Like 1

Wraith // Z790 Apex | 14900KF | 4090 Suprim X+Byksi Block | 48GB DDR5-8600 | Toughpower GF3 1650W | MO-RA3 360 | Hailea HC-500A || O11D XL EVO

Banshee // Z790 Apex Encore | 13900KS | 4090 Gaming OC+Alphacool Block | 48GB DDR5-8600 | RM1200x SHIFT | XT45 1080 Nova || Antec C8

Spectre // Z790i Edge | 14900KF | 3090 Ti FTW3 | 48GB DDR5-8200 | RM1000e | EK Nucleus CR360 Direct Die || Prime A21

Methuselah // X79 Rampage IV Gene | Xeon E5 1680V2 | 2080 Ti | 32GB DDR3-2400 | GameMax 850W | EK Nucleus CR360 Dark || Prime AP201

Half-Breed // Dell Precision 7720 | BGA CPU Filth+MXM Quadro P5000 | 4K Display | Sub-$500 Grade A Refurb | Nothing to Write Home About

The average response time for a 911 call is 10 minutes. The response time of a .357 is 1400 feet per second. 

1 hour ago, Papusan said:

Yes, I got CENS chip. I will check it out. Also I didn’t even know it was a KF. Anyways, these dang R batch chips are really insane. Literally everyone of them is keeper, cut from a special cloth 🤷‍♂️.  I saw someone with a lower P-core SP111 and they were overclocking that chip to 6Ghz on ambient water with no delid pretty easily. Anyways, he was asking 1550 euros for one SP107 chip, which is like $1,697 United States dollars 🤯 (I did not pay anywhere near that much) but yeah still expensive either way. I really enjoy cpu and memory overclocking mostly. Part of the reason why I’ve held on to this 3090 so long I guess. I keep spending all my money on binned CPU’s. 

1 hour ago, Mr. Fox said:

image.png

I am happier than I expected I would be with the A770. I can hardly wait to see how Battlemage turns out. NVIDIA better watch is P's and Q's. Their nonsense with price gouging is liable to bite them in the butt much harder than they might expect. AMD really needs to stop taking cues from the Green Goblin. If Battlemage comes within striking distance of 4080, AMD and NVIDIA probably would be wise to not FAFO what happens to greedy bastards. I really want another 4090... in particular I'd love a Galax HOF 4090, but when I look at the "you're an idiot" pricing even the crappiest 4090 cards are going for now it makes me throw up in my mouth a little bit. If common sense prevails over fear of the unknown, there is a strong possibility Battlemage will give the world zero reason to buy any GPU from AMD and NVIDIA.

It’s the same CPU. I got it for a reasonable price though. I thought about just binning some 14900K’s. But the chances of finding one that’s good are so slim. Literally 98% of them are not very good it seems. And the other 2% are all golden chips. I think anything SP101 or better is like a really really good chip for the most part. Then we have IMC to deal with. So many of those SP101+ chips have a MCSP of 78 or lower. It’s very unfortunate. 

I really am digging that dual pump AIO. Are those really performing much better than more traditional AIO’s? 

• Like 2
  • Bump 1

13900KF

1 hour ago, tps3443 said:

Yes, I got CENS chip. I will check it out. Also I didn’t even know it was a KF. Anyways, these dang R batch chips are really insane. Literally everyone of them is keeper, cut from a special cloth 🤷‍♂️.  I saw someone with a lower P-core SP111 and they were overclocking that chip to 6Ghz on ambient water with no delid pretty easily. Anyways, he was asking 1550 euros for one SP107 chip, which is like $1,697 United States dollars 🤯 (I did not pay anywhere near that much) but yeah still expensive either way. I really enjoy cpu and memory overclocking mostly. Part of the reason why I’ve held on to this 3090 so long I guess. I keep spending all my money on binned CPU’s. 

It’s the same CPU. I got it for a reasonable price though. I thought about just binning some 14900K’s. But the chances of finding one that’s good are so slim. Literally 98% of them are not very good it seems. And the other 2% are all golden chips. I think anything SP101 or better is like a really really good chip for the most part. Then we have IMC to deal with. So many of those SP101+ chips have a MCSP of 78 or lower. It’s very unfortunate. 

I really am digging that dual pump AIO. Are those really performing much better than more traditional AIO’s? 

I agree. CPU and memory overclocking is SO MUCH more fun. GPUs have become so locked down and castrated that it almost doesn't matter what you buy at this point. All cookie-cutter gamer wuss trash now. Unless you open your wallet wider for a Kingpin (now history) or Galax HOF you are not getting anything special. 

Congrats on the CPU. I probably would not have been willing to pay what you paid for it, but that doesn't matter if you are happy. I can't claim to be any "smarter" having purchased a 4090 at the "proper" (but still grossly inflated) price before the gouging on steroids started.

How do you identify if a 14900K is an "R" batch at the time of purchase? Can you tell, or you have to wait and find out when it's too late to do anything about it? How do you identify it if you have one?

I really wish I would have tested the AIO on an Intel CPU. I told my son I would not mess with his PBO and RAM settings. My impression is that it is better, but I have little to base it on other than logic. If it has a higher flow rate and pressure with the dual-pump design than a normal Asetek AIO then it is going to be better for no other reason than that. PCCOOLER seems to have put a lot of effort into getting their CPS-branded stuff right.

Edit: By the way. Thanks for all of the stuff you shared with me on the Y-Cruncher memory tuning. It was good stuff.

That TeamGroup Xtreem 8000 C38 memory kit was absolute rubbish. It was worse than the cheaper TeamGroup 7200 Expert garbage I returned. It produced errors in TM5 and TestMemPro no matter what settings I used. The XMP profile performed unusually well compared to others, but I am thinking the kit I got was either a bad sample or the marketing information about binning their memory ICs is just a bunch of nonsense, hooey or deliberately lying. It's on its way back to Amazon and I got my money back. So far nothing I have tested in the 16GB A-die memory kits has performed as well as my generic green sticks from AliExpress. Nothing else overclocks as well or is as stable as those modules are, and they're not even a matched "kit" like the retail trash.

After pulling the Xtreme junk modules out and reinstalling my generic sticks, they booted and ran every test error-free using the XMP profile that was unstable with the TG sticks. That is super-disappointing. There should be no silicon lottery when you pay extra from something advertised as being superior. Beyond disappointing, it is an inexcusable and unforgivable lack of QC. If Amazon publishes my review (with memory test error screenshots) they probably won't sell many of these trash sticks.

Edited by Mr. Fox
added comments
  • Thumb Up 3
  • Bump 1

35 minutes ago, Mr. Fox said:

I agree. CPU and memory overclocking is SO MUCH more fun. GPUs have become so locked down and castrated that it almost doesn't matter what you buy at this point. All cookie-cutter gamer wuss trash now. Unless you open your wallet wider for a Kingpin (now history) or Galax HOF you are not getting anything special. 

Congrats on the CPU. I probably would not have been willing to pay what you paid for it, but that doesn't matter if you are happy. I can't claim to be any "smarter" having purchased a 4090 at the "proper" (but still grossly inflated) price before the gouging on steroids started.

How do you identify if a 14900K is an "R" batch at the time of purchase? Can you tell, or you have to wait and find out when it's too late to do anything about it? How do you identify it if you have one?

I really wish I would have tested the AIO on an Intel CPU. I told my son I would not mess with his PBO and RAM settings. My impression is that it is better, but I have little to base it on other than logic. If it has a higher flow rate and pressure with the dual-pump design than a normal Asetek AIO then it is going to be better for no other reason than that. PCCOOLER seems to have put a lot of effort into getting their CPS-branded stuff right.

Edit: By the way. Thanks for all of the stuff you shared with me on the Y-Cruncher memory tuning. It was good stuff.

That TeamGroup Xtreem 8000 C38 memory kit was absolute rubbish. It was worse than the cheaper TeamGroup 7200 Expert garbage I returned. It produced errors in TM5 and TestMemPro no matter what settings I used. The XMP profile performed unusually well compared to others, but I am thinking the kit I got was either a bad sample or the marketing information about binning their memory ICs is just a bunch of nonsense, hooey or deliberately lying. It's on its way back to Amazon and I got my money back. So far nothing I have tested in the 16GB A-die memory kits has performed as well as my generic green sticks from AliExpress. Nothing else overclocks as well or is as stable as those modules are, and they're not even a matched "kit" like the retail trash.

After pulling the Xtreme junk modules out and reinstalling my generic sticks, they booted and ran every test error-free using the XMP profile that was unstable with the TG sticks. That is super-disappointing. There should be no silicon lottery when you pay extra from something advertised as being superior. Beyond disappointing, it is an inexcusable and unforgivable lack of QC. If Amazon publishes my review (with memory test error screenshots) they probably won't sell many of these trash sticks.

I keep seeing this with the Team Group kits not sure why. So far G.Skill has been working for me. If I ever buy more ram that is XMP, it’s gonna be Gskill. 

The R batch chips say it right in the batch#, or right on the chip. Some stores will let you look at the boxes.

So a chip may be X335R150 So long as it has the “R” as the 2nd letter in the batch # it’s a good chip. Every single R batch is gold sample.

• Thumb Up 4

13900KF

• Thumb Up 2
  • Bump 1

"The Killer"  ASUS ROG Z790 Apex Encore | 14900KS | 4090 HOF + 20 other graphics cards | 32GB DDR5 | Be Quiet! Dark Power Pro 12 - 1500 Watt | Second PSU - Cooler Master V750 SFX Gold 750W (For total of 2250W Power) | Corsair Obsidian 1000D | Custom Cooling | Asus ROG Strix XG27AQ 27" Monitors |

@Mr. Fox Now that it is on sale on Steam, I highly recommend Trepang2. It is very much an old school FPS in the vein of FEAR with elements of the original Crysis and a bit of Max Payne. It is good ole fashion overpowered super soldier good guy versus bad guys soldiers and zombies. 

EDIT: It isn't a very long game though, apparently around 10 to 15 hours if you rush through it.

• Thumb Up 1
  • Like 1
  • Bump 1

8 hours ago, Rage Set said:

@Mr. Fox Now that it is on sale on Steam, I highly recommend Trepang2. It is very much an old school FPS in the vein of FEAR with elements of the original Crysis and a bit of Max Payne. It is good ole fashion overpowered super soldier good guy versus bad guys soldiers and zombies. 

EDIT: It isn't a very long game though, apparently around 10 to 15 hours if you rush through it.

I actually already own it and love it, so great recommendation. I bought in on GOG a couple of months ago on sale and played it for several hours on the first go because it was so addictive. @ryanwould like it, too. I also like games that I can finish in one day. When it is a good game I enjoy the familiarity of things so playing through again there are no surprises. I know for some people that seems weird, but I also enjoy use console cheat codes and don't care about earning "accomplishments" and finding secrets, etc. If it takes too long to finish I lose interest in playing. (Probably one of the reasons why I do not enjoy open world games and prefer linear gameplay.)

• Thumb Up 1
  • Like 1

Very odd and shady experience with the guy with that P-SP120 14900K on overclock.net for sale section he was being a little strange. I’m not sure why. But when that add first popped up yesterday, I went for it right after it appeared, either my self or someone else I know would have bought it, no doubt I was probably the first to PM him (Lucky). He texted me right after the PM and yesterday I spent the next 8 hours texting him periodically trying to make a deal and pay for the thing. He would not accept normal PayPal, and because he said he had a business PayPal he also couldn’t accept PayPal F&F. Some sort of strange behavior is going on with the chips IMC which seems to be the reasoning behind not wanting to use standard paypal, which is also why he’s selling it apparently. He runs it on LN2 which it could be an LN2 only issue as he stated, but he wasn’t positive if the IMC would run/clock normally on ambient water either. I said I’d be willing to do F&F payment, if he could send a proof of ownership pic. Write down “my” phone number on a piece of paper and take a pic of the actual R batch CPU that I’d receive. It took him 6 hours to make this picture happen. And when he finally sent the pic, he sent a pic of “his” phone number and all of the letters on the cpu are non legible at all. So, I think it’s a scam at this point, unless he’s just totally oblivious as to how good his pictures are. He wanted to do bank transfer only at this point. And, he said he was afraid of someone filing a dispute with PayPal against him with normal payments lol. I’m like dude, #1 if I receive it, #2 if it works and #3 its an SP108 global chip, then there is no dispute from me. if those boxes are checked lol. 😂 anyways, I wasted about a half a day trying to make a deal with that guy, and even offered PayPal F&F as an option. Apparently he is a Asus sponsored overclocker from what he says, but I feel like something is wrong with the CPU, or he’s trying to pull one over on someone.

Below is the pic he sent me as “proof of ownership” lol which we can’t even see if it’s the same cpu from the add. I didn’t want to be disrespectful and post this over there. But I backed out as of earlier this morning “I’m good” 

Buyer beware!!! 

ddnu38N.jpg

• Thumb Up 2
  • Confused 1

13900KF

49 minutes ago, tps3443 said:

Very odd and shady experience with the guy with that P-SP120 14900K on overclock.net for sale section he was being a little strange. I’m not sure why. But when that add first popped up yesterday, I went for it right after it appeared, either my self or someone else I know would have bought it, no doubt I was probably the first to PM him (Lucky). He texted me right after the PM and yesterday I spent the next 8 hours texting him periodically trying to make a deal and pay for the thing. He would not accept normal PayPal, and because he said he had a business PayPal he also couldn’t accept PayPal F&F. Some sort of strange behavior is going on with the chips IMC which seems to be the reasoning behind not wanting to use standard paypal, which is also why he’s selling it apparently. He runs it on LN2 which it could be an LN2 only issue as he stated, but he wasn’t positive if the IMC would run/clock normally on ambient water either. I said I’d be willing to do F&F payment, if he could send a proof of ownership pic. Write down “my” phone number on a piece of paper and take a pic of the actual R batch CPU that I’d receive. It took him 6 hours to make this picture happen. And when he finally sent the pic, he sent a pic of “his” phone number and all of the letters on the cpu are non legible at all. So, I think it’s a scam at this point, unless he’s just totally oblivious as to how good his pictures are. He wanted to do bank transfer only at this point. And, he said he was afraid of someone filing a dispute with PayPal against him with normal payments lol. I’m like dude, #1 if I receive it, #2 if it works and #3 its an SP108 global chip, then there is no dispute from me. if those boxes are checked lol. 😂 anyways, I wasted about a half a day trying to make a deal with that guy, and even offered PayPal F&F as an option. Apparently he is a Asus sponsored overclocker from what he says, but I feel like something is wrong with the CPU, or he’s trying to pull one over on someone.

Below is the pic he sent me as “proof of ownership” lol which we can’t even see if it’s the same cpu from the add. I didn’t want to be disrespectful and post this over there. But I backed out as of earlier this morning “I’m good” 

Buyer beware!!! 

ddnu38N.jpg

In his defense, if you have a full on PayPay Business account, you can't accept F&F and I understand not wanting normal PP but trust both ways needs to be established somehow. Bank transfer ain't it. If I know you, I have no problems F&F and vice versa. I've received F&F up to $2k before with no problems and sent well over $2k before as long as I know you.

He stated the IMC has problems on LN2? There's a good chance that will translate into normal/chiller usage too.  I guess he has a fear someone will buy it, the IMC is trash and want to file a dispute. He needs to put any IMC issues in his listing. There are plenty who would still buy it for normal use. Has he tested it to see how far it will go DDR5 frequency wise?

I don't understand why he can't or hasn't posted an ownership pic with his name and date on it. I posted a request for a verification pic on his listing.

It looks to be a great chip, but no way I'm dropping that much over retail for ANY CPU of ANY nature unless it is God Bin.

lol, didn't you already pay a pretty penny for CENS chip? You're full on addicted bro! 🤣

• Thumb Up 1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

Electrosoft Prime: 7950X3D | MSI X670E Carbon  | MSI Suprim X Liquid 4090 | AC LF II 420 | G.Skill 6000 A-Die 2x32GB | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB | EVGA 1600w P2 | Phanteks Ethroo Pro | Alienware AW3225QF 32" OLED

MelMel:  AMD Ryzen 5 7600x | Asus B650 Prime | Powercolor Spectra White 7900XTX | Asus Ryugin III 240mm AIO | M-die 2x16GB Custom | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB | EVGA P2 850w | Hyte Y40 | BenQ 32" 4k
Heath: i9-12900k | EVGA CLC 280 | Asus Strix Z690 D4 | Asus Strix 3080 | 32GB DDR4 2x16GB B-Die 4000  | WD Black SN850 512GB |  EVGA DG-77 | Samsung G7 32" 144hz 32"

Eurocom Raptor X15 | 12900k | Nvidia RTX 3070ti | 15.6" 1080p 240hz | Kingston 3200 32GB (2x16GB) | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB Heatsink Edition

3 hours ago, electrosoft said:

In his defense, if you have a full on PayPay Business account, you can't accept F&F and I understand not wanting normal PP but trust both ways needs to be established somehow. Bank transfer ain't it. If I know you, I have no problems F&F and vice versa. I've received F&F up to $2k before with no problems and sent well over $2k before as long as I know you.

He stated the IMC has problems on LN2? There's a good chance that will translate into normal/chiller usage too.  I guess he has a fear someone will buy it, the IMC is trash and want to file a dispute. He needs to put any IMC issues in his listing. There are plenty who would still buy it for normal use. Has he tested it to see how far it will go DDR5 frequency wise?

I don't understand why he can't or hasn't posted an ownership pic with his name and date on it. I posted a request for a verification pic on his listing.

It looks to be a great chip, but no way I'm dropping that much over retail for ANY CPU of ANY nature unless it is God Bin.

lol, didn't you already pay a pretty penny for CENS chip? You're full on addicted bro! 🤣

Yes you are absolutely right about the business PP F&F is not being allowed, I didn’t know that at the time, my mistake. Anyways, I had the thought of grabbing this one as well, and possibly keeping the best of the two. But the smart option was letting my buddy in Malasia fund this deal and let him buy it, because the guy didn’t respond to him apparently, so I was trying to make the deal one way or the other whether for me or someone else. The IMC thing worried me the most because I felt like I had to pry that info out of him, and he didn’t confirm for sure without a doubt if it would be okay on normal ambient cooling. His responses were very vague when he mentioned the IMC would give out when it got too cold (Should be okay) or (It may not be a problem) (It will be aight). I don’t mind paying F&F at all or doing a bankwire. But here’s the thing, this guy wouldn’t come off that proof of ownership pic, and when he finally did, I couldn’t even read anything on the chip in the pic, since it was so hard getting that pic, I was just like man what the heck, enough is enough lol... I also thought it was fishy he was selling it after only 2 weeks of just getting it, but hey that’s merely speculation, he did just buy it binned from another country though. 

I definitely wasn’t gonna test them

both if I had gotten it. I just love me a nice binned chip! TESTING those Global SP117 13900KS chips a while back was such a BLAST man! Lol. And lately I really want a strong IMC 🙂

• Thumb Up 2
  • Bump 1

13900KF

finally done with RAM tuning here! unfortunately i couldnt get 7800 or 8000 stable, no matter what i did. since ive tried two different ram kits and they got very similar results at 6200 fully tightened up, im guessing im either held back by the cpu or mobo. judging from what ive seen online im guessing its the cpu IMC. but that is fine by me, better than to be held back by the mobo 😄 

mind you guys, im testing for full 24/7 stability since im using this system for productivity work, as well. if it was just about benching, id just set 8000, go tight on the timings and call it a day 😛 

ill be sure to do a write up of all the settings, timings and results ive gotten. i have to say it was quite a ride, lots of info out there is "half truth" when it comes to AM5 DDR5 tuning. tons of things i had to find out myself through trial & error.

for anyone whos interested - here is an overview table for DDR5 OC results on AM5 from the german forum hardwareluxx. compared to that i seem to be in the top 5%, really cant complain! 😉  

edit: forgot to post the link to the list lulz, here it is: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/16jMBDVEvNFkjkJ-RBW5hllsVdHgxVyaGMvY-Fz_ONtE/edit#gid=1418711794

• Thumb Up 3
  • Like 1
  • Bump 2

Mine: Hyperion "Titan God of Heat, Heavenly Light, Power" (2022-24)
AMD Ryzen 9 7950X (TG High Perf. IHS) / Asus ROG Crosshair X670E Extreme / MSI Geforce RTX 4090 Suprim X / Teamgroup T-Force Delta RGB DDR5-8200 2x24 GB / Seagate Firecuda 530 4 TB / 5x Samsung 860 Evo 4 TB / Arctic Liquid Freezer II 420 (Push/Pull 6x Noctua NF-A14 IndustrialPPC-3000 intake) / Seasonic TX-1600 W Titanium / Phanteks Enthoo Pro 2 TG (3x Arctic P12 A-RGB intake / 4x Arctic P14 A-RGB exhaust / 1x Arctic P14 A-RGB RAM cooling) / Samsung Odyssey Neo G8 32" 4K 240 Hz / Ducky One 3 Daybreak Fullsize Cherry MX Brown / Corsair M65 Ultra RGB / PDP Afterglow Wave Black

My Lady's: Clevo NH55JNNQ "Alfred" (2022-24)
Sharp LQ156M1JW03 FHD matte 15.6" IGZO 8 bit @248 Hz / Intel Core i5 12600 / Nvidia Geforce RTX 3070 Ti / Mushkin Redline DDR4-3200 2x32 GB / Samsung 970 Pro 1 TB / Samsung 870 QVO 8 TB / Intel AX201 WIFI 6+BT 5.2 / Win 11 Pro Phoenix Lite OS / 230 W PSU powered by Prema Mod!

@electrosoft You know you’re right, your KS really is fantastic. So replacing such a chip with even the best, is not gonna do much. That P-SP120 14900K would have been equivalent to a P-SP130 13900KS which would still have only a slightly lower VID than you.

I think about where I’m coming from which makes it more of a worth while jump. My KS is not like yours man, it has 1.484V VID’s, so It’ll be like stepping over the chart and then stepping off of the chart in to 1.413V VID’s. I think it should be a substantial bump from what I had. 

sYND64S.jpg

• Thumb Up 2
  • Bump 1

13900KF

Give or take $150-$200 for a true "god bin" I don't believe in paying more than new retail for a used part. If someone is desperate enough to be a winner that they buy a butt-load of new CPUs to find the best one they need to take a loss on the chips they don't want to keep and when they're done with the cream of the crop sample they should take a loss on it, too. It's a used part. They don't deserve to make a profit on their hobby. Just my opinion, but I put these clowns about two crotch hairs above scalpers. They want to win so bad that they are willing screw everyone else in the process, so screw them. It should be their loss and theirs alone if being in the winner's circle is what they need to validate their own existence. It's not my fault their mama dropped them on their head as an infant and didn't love them anymore.

You also have to ask yourself, "If it is for sale, how awesome is it, really?" If it was truly off the charts show-stopping awesome it probably wouldn't be up for sale. Selling it would defeat the purpose of their frantic quest to find the best one. So, what are they not telling you about the overpriced silicon they are offering to sell you for a horrible price? I'm not interested in helping them benefit by recovering more than their actual out-of-pocket loss. I'm willing to pay what they paid for it when they bought the batch. Offering them the chance to break even on the sale of a used part should be viewed as a gift.

• Thumb Up 4

GTX1070

https://hwbot.org/submission/5410688_papusan_3dmark___time_spy_geforce_gtx_1070_8119_marks?recalculate=true

3036241.jpg

Edit. When will the shops/factories start buy up/suck up all used 3090's (3090Ti's ) they can find?

An image of a stripped-down RTX 3090 repurposed into a blower-style AI accelerator card.

Recently, Chinese factories have been stripping down now-banned GeForce RTX 4090s into AI accelerators. Now, previous generation RTX 3090 cards are also on the chopping block. Just as GPUs were the hottest commodity during the crypto boom, high-end Nvidia GPUs fast AI hardware and lots of memory have become the ideal choice for AI workloads, even as the U.S. tightens exports to China.

Since the RTX 3090 is also on the long list of GPUs that the US Government has banned from being exported to China, this move makes sense but does reek of desperation (or perhaps resourcefulness) on the part of the factories stripping down GPUs for this purpose.

• Thumb Up 1
  • Like 1
  • Bump 2
  • Sad 1

22 hours ago, Mr. Fox said:

Give or take $150-$200 for a true "god bin" I don't believe in paying more than new retail for a used part. If someone is desperate enough to be a winner that they buy a butt-load of new CPUs to find the best one they need to take a loss on the chips they don't want to keep and when they're done with the cream of the crop sample they should take a loss on it, too. It's a used part. They don't deserve to make a profit on their hobby. Just my opinion, but I put these clowns about two crotch hairs above scalpers. They want to win so bad that they are willing screw everyone else in the process, so screw them. It should be their loss and theirs alone if being in the winner's circle is what they need to validate their own existence. It's not my fault their mama dropped them on their head as an infant and didn't love them anymore.

You also have to ask yourself, "If it is for sale, how awesome is it, really?" If it was truly off the charts show-stopping awesome it probably wouldn't be up for sale. Selling it would defeat the purpose of their frantic quest to find the best one. So, what are they not telling you about the overpriced silicon they are offering to sell you for a horrible price? I'm not interested in helping them benefit by recovering more than their actual out-of-pocket loss. I'm willing to pay what they paid for it when they bought the batch. Offering them the chance to break even on the sale of a used part should be viewed as a gift.

I believe it’s worth it buying a good chip and paying more than MSRP if it’s a really really top chip that offers what you want/need it is definitely okay doing this, It is also important to accept that your chip isn’t the best in the world lol. Most who sell golden chips have more than 1 golden chip because they’ve tested 50 or 100+ chips. They will obviously keep the very very best chip for themselves, and yeah it really sucks paying all that money for 2nd or even 3rd, but it saves you on the let down later, but when you’re after something specific what can we do? It’s difficult to buy 100+ chips our self and test them all this would be north of $55,000 USD all for a silly cpu. Finding that 2nd best or 3rd best or even worse is so rare already and very acceptable to me. It’s sad opening a new CPU only to see its IMC is a MCSP65 🤣 (Some dude got a MCSP55 once with a 14900K) I also know another guy who bought (3) 14900K’s, and (2) of them were P-SP117’s. It’s unknown what we get. 

I just want a decent chip that’ll stretch up to these numbers without struggling to do it. I find it hilarious that even just a (14900K) SP103 is like a total beast of a chip though. 

So being able to pay for something’s that has those super low VID’s and has a really good IMC its always the easier route. 

Check out Sugi’s friends binning chart on SP and MC findings he just posted up.

2AvEYbW.png

XtiTKGZ.png

The best option would be if we didn’t care at all, and we just all used turds for CPU’s and used DDR5 6000 😂 good to go! That’s how it was when I was younger. 

• Thumb Up 2
  • Bump 1

13900KF

Clean Linux install with Arc A770. Totally hassle-free. Didn't have to do anything special.

Screenshot-from-2023-11-27-16-47-58.png

• Thumb Up 2
  • Bump 1

22 hours ago, Mr. Fox said:

I know for myself personally let's say I pick up a retail chip and for the sake of argument it is a god tier CPU that someone wants to pay 3x+ retail for I'm selling it and just go pick up a slightly less awesome chip and pocket the difference or even try another retail sample.

There's clearly a market for binned chips especially with 14th gen producing so many stinkers. People keep commenting and laughing on the for sale threads yet they're selling relatively quick especially SP104+

I wouldn't pay much, if anything, over retail for an SP100 or below chip but it is nice to pay effectively retail and avoid the gutter chips (SP95 and below) if able as someone continues to hunt for a top tier chip. You can reap the benefits of a mid tier chip and avoid the lottery.

56 minutes ago, tps3443 said:

I believe it’s worth it buying a good chip and paying more than MSRP if it’s a really really top chip that offers what you want/need it is definitely okay doing this, It is also important to accept that your chip isn’t the best in the world lol. Most who sell golden chips have more than 1 golden chip because they’ve tested 50 or 100+ chips. They will probably keep the very best for themselves, and yeah it really sucks paying all that money for 2nd or even 3rd, but it saves you on the let down, but when you’re after something specific what can we do? Finding that 2nd or 3rd is so rare. It’s sad opening a new CPU only to see its IMC is a MCSP65 🤣 (Some dude got a MCSP55 once with a 14900K)

I just want a decent chip that’ll stretch to these numbers. I find it hilarious that even just a (14900K) SP103 is like a total beast of a chip. 

So being able to pay for something’s that has those super low VID’s and has a really good IMC its always the easier route. 

Check out Sugi’s friends binning chart on SP and MC findings he just posted up.

2AvEYbW.png

XtiTKGZ.png

The best option would be if we didn’t care at all, and we just all used turds for CPU’s and used DDR5 6000 😂 good to go! 

If you're not playing the cards as dealt and will just delid and DD whatever you unbox, then I see merit in skipping the lottery and just paying a bit more for a binned chip so you can pair a killer chip with a killer setup and really push it knowing the V/F and MC are sound.

Nothing worse than mounting a chip and it's a POS. Then comes the angst of having to box it up and return it hoping everything goes smoothly knowing on a deep level it's kinda a jerk thing to do or accepting a financial loss on a resell because you crapped out.

Let's say you bin 4 chips, they are terrible and you resell with a ~$100 loss on each (sometimes more when everything is said and done) along with having to try to lock down FnF or then deal with tax implications, zeroing them out as a loss repeatedly which also puts a potential audit spotlight on you. Might be easier to just pay $1k for a chip outright or a bit more and avoid all that BS.

I remember 10900k's not being great overall and that was because we were EOL for that node and it had been pushed as far as possible. 14th gen is in the same boat but taking on even more water so you're going to land more duds than not.

On the other hand, if you're running stock like a normal user even an SP93 can be tuned to run ok on a competent AIO with a contact frame and good thermal compound and spread.

Oh, and I still get messaged from buyers wanting my 13900ks because it is one of the higher binned SPs and it hasn't been delidded. That just lets me know some LN2 record chasers are still seeking them out to smash records (or try).

• Thumb Up 4

20 minutes ago, electrosoft said:

I know for myself personally let's say I pick up a retail chip and for the sake of argument it is a god tier CPU that someone wants to pay 3x+ retail for I'm selling it and just go pick up a slightly less awesome chip and pocket the difference or even try another retail sample.

There's clearly a market for binned chips especially with 14th gen producing so many stinkers. People keep commenting and laughing on the for sale threads yet they're selling relatively quick especially SP104+

I wouldn't pay much, if anything, over retail for an SP100 or below chip but it is nice to pay effectively retail and avoid the gutter chips (SP95 and below) if able as someone continues to hunt for a top tier chip. You can reap the benefits of a mid tier chip and avoid the lottery.

If you're not playing the cards as dealt and will just delid and DD whatever you unbox, then I see merit in skipping the lottery and just paying a bit more for a binned chip so you can pair a killer chip with a killer setup and really push it knowing the V/F and MC are sound.

Nothing worse than mounting a chip and it's a POS. Then comes the angst of having to box it up and return it hoping everything goes smoothly knowing on a deep level it's kinda a jerk thing to do or accepting a financial loss on a resell because you crapped out.

Let's say you bin 4 chips, they are terrible and you resell with a ~$100 loss on each (sometimes more when everything is said and done) along with having to try to lock down FnF or then deal with tax implications, zeroing them out as a loss repeatedly which also puts a potential audit spotlight on you. Might be easier to just pay $1k for a chip outright or a bit more and avoid all that BS.

I remember 10900k's not being great overall and that was because we were EOL for that node and it had been pushed as far as possible. 14th gen is in the same boat but taking on even more water so you're going to land more duds than not.

On the other hand, if you're running stock like a normal user even an SP93 can be tuned to run ok on a competent AIO with a contact frame and good thermal compound and spread.

Oh, and I still get messaged from buyers wanting my 13900ks because it is one of the higher binned SPs and it hasn't been delidded. That just lets me know some LN2 record chasers are still seeking them out to smash records (or try).

It’s easy to get the bug when buying retail chips. You start getting in that hunt mode. I’ve been there my self. 

I am blown away by Sugi’s 14900K. It’s a SP104/ MC87. This is what kinda pushed me to go for another chip. And that thing is running Y-Cruncher 2.5B at DDR5 8850c38 and some crazy tight timings. It has P-Core of just SP111, but it just hammers on direct die with a super good IMC. 

What an amazing CPU. That’s the one Asus sent him. Not the best by any means, but just a really well rounded chip. 

sugi0lover screenshot below. Look at that SP104 and MC87 just whooping DDR5 8850 below. It’s so impressive. 

@electrosoft @Mr. Fox

oaR0b93.png

• Thumb Up 2
  • Bump 1

13900KF

Cablemod reps try hard on fire fighting. Yup, very keen replying on my posts. But the CM reps/mods can't ban me in the Nvidia reddit forum as they did in the CM forum (the outcome if they don't like what you post). So no reason for doing that otherplaces. But truth hurts. Always🙃 Ban you in your own sub forum won't stop people from posting the facts. Or to warn people.

fire.jpg

• Haha 3