NotebookTalk

*Official Benchmark Thread* - Post it here or it didn't happen :D

Mr. Fox

5 hours ago, cylix said:

There are some rumors that RDNA 3 cannot keep up with 4090, not sure if rasterization or in RT, hope only RT.. And that they will be delayed until December but maybe will support dp2.1 which is great against 4090 1.4😐  I mean ill be happy if the 7900xt will be 80% of 4090 but around 1000 dollar price. Well see, but December launch is rally bad..

https://wccftech.com/amd-radeon-rx-7000-rdna-3-launch-december-difficult-to-compete-with-nvidia-rtx-40-gpus-rumor/

Nvidia was shook the last time around with Ampere vs RDNA2. They brought the heat this time around and left nothing on the table Ada. I was hoping AMD had mastered their chiplet approach to bring effectively 2x the performance as RDNA2 theoretically and really shake Nvidia up even more at least in pure rasterization.

If AMD can only shake things up to let's say the 4080 16GB that leaves the 4090 to roam free and Nvidia to keep back the 4090ti for much longer as they have no reason to release it or scale down their expectations for Titan as previously tried and go full fat full FP on a Titan card with the ~18k core dies and enable SLI since there is no competition at the top for them.

• Thumb Up 1

Electrosoft Prime: 7950X3D | MSI X670E Carbon  | MSI Suprim X Liquid 4090 | AC LF II 420 | G.Skill 6000 A-Die 2x32GB | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB | EVGA 1600w P2 | Phanteks Ethroo Pro | Alienware AW3225QF 32" OLED

MelMel:  AMD Ryzen 5 7600x | Asus B650 Prime | Powercolor Spectra White 7900XTX | Asus Ryugin III 240mm AIO | M-die 2x16GB Custom | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB | EVGA P2 850w | Hyte Y40 | BenQ 32" 4k
Heath: i9-12900k | EVGA CLC 280 | Asus Strix Z690 D4 | Asus Strix 3080 | 32GB DDR4 2x16GB B-Die 4000  | WD Black SN850 512GB |  EVGA DG-77 | Samsung G7 32" 144hz 32"

Eurocom Raptor X15 | 12900k | Nvidia RTX 3070ti | 15.6" 1080p 240hz | Kingston 3200 32GB (2x16GB) | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB Heatsink Edition

41 minutes ago, electrosoft said:

Nvidia was shook the last time around with Ampere vs RDNA2. They brought the heat this time around and left nothing on the table Ada. I was hoping AMD had mastered their chiplet approach to bring effectively 2x the performance as RDNA2 theoretically and really shake Nvidia up even more at least in pure rasterization.

If AMD can only shake things up to let's say the 4080 16GB that leaves the 4090 to roam free and Nvidia to keep back the 4090ti for much longer as they have no reason to release it or scale down their expectations for Titan as previously tried and go full fat full FP on a Titan card with the ~18k core dies and enable SLI since there is no competition at the top for them.

4090 Ti rumours keep piling up:

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Nvidia-reportedly-preparing-RTX-4090-Ti-cards-with-up-to-20-increased-performance-over-the-RTX-4090.661441.0.html

Why would NVIDIA rush to release this Ti variant now and kind of cannibalise the 4090? One possibility is that they are afraid 4090 wouldn't be enough to best RDNA 3. The other, of course, is that they are planning to charge a massive premium for the Ti card, so it's purely about money rather than the battle against AMD per se 🙂

• Thumb Up 2
  • Confused 1

"We're rushing towards a cliff, but the closer we get, the more scenic the views are."

-- Max Tegmark

AI: Major Emerging Existential Threat To Humanity

18 minutes ago, Etern4l said:

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Nvidia-reportedly-preparing-RTX-4090-Ti-cards-with-up-to-20-increased-performance-over-the-RTX-4090.661441.0.html

Why would NVIDIA rush to release this Ti variant now and kind of cannibalise the 4090? One possibility is that they are afraid 4090 wouldn't be enough to best RDNA 3. The other, of course, is that they are planning to charge a massive premium for the Ti card, so it's purely about money rather than the battle against AMD per se 🙂

It wouldn't surprise me that they just want to keep the hype going and with 4090 supply seemingly low they can probably get away with a higher price tag to boot. Just my 2 cents though

• Thumb Up 2
  • Confused 1

My EVGA 1300 P+ power supply is now screaming with coil whine so bad it sounds like an outdoor commercial bug zapper or something. My last PSU was an EVGA 1300G+, that one popped and smoked after just a few weeks of owning it. I’m really losing faith in EVGA power supplies. This coil whine is louder than my water chiller. 

• Sad 4

13900KF

28 minutes ago, Reciever said:

It wouldn't surprise me that they just want to keep the hype going and with 4090 supply seemingly low they can probably get away with a higher price tag to boot. Just my 2 cents though

Supply shenanigans + hype + RDNA 3 fail = NVIDIA profit. The first two terms are already in place, now they also need AMD to flop. If that happens, and if the device is a Ti, I would expect launch price to be $2000+ for FE; if it's the full fat professional Titan, they will be asking at least $2500+, probably $3000k+.

• Sad 3

"We're rushing towards a cliff, but the closer we get, the more scenic the views are."

-- Max Tegmark

SO NICE to see that scalping and overpricing of new tech is not limited to the GPU side of the problem. These blocks are roughly $100 more than they used to be priced. I guess what is good for the goose is good for the gander. Or, maybe the thought is so many are willing bend over and take it in the back side for NVIDIA, so that means we all secretly like being taken advantage of and are willing to let other vendors molest us as well?

https://www.ekwb.com/shop/quantum/gpu-cooling/gpu-water-blocks/geforce-rtx-40x0-series?utm_campaign=1410-b2c-newsletter&utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_content=week41-22-section-1&utm_term=2022-10-14

1 hour ago, Etern4l said:

Perhaps they knew in advance that their disrespect and betrayal of every single 3090 owner would not fly a second go round. I know I am not alone in my displeasure about it and I am sure they got an ear full of complaining about their unacceptable behavior. So, I am sure they know that there are lots of us that are ignoring the 4090 and won't waste any money on a new GPU until they show us the 4090 Ti. Fool me once, shame on you... fool me twice... I don't think so.

In other words they are not doing anyone any favors by delaying release of the Ti. They are not losing any sales or cannibalizing 4090. All they are doing is delaying the profit and making the Ti hold-outs wait. Every day they make a Ti hold-out wait is another opportunity to totally lose an opportunity to make a sale of anything. Because everything else is a downgrade, they should have released the Ti FIRST and made everyone else wait to see what the downgrade looks like in comparison to where the bar is set with the 4090 Ti. Releasing the 4090 non-Ti first was just another cart before the horse butt-head move on their part, and it has potential to hurt them more than help them.

• Thumb Up 3
  • Bump 1

Wraith // Z790 Apex | 14900KF | 4090 Suprim X+Byksi Block | 48GB DDR5-8600 | Toughpower GF3 1650W | MO-RA3 360 | Hailea HC-500A || O11D XL EVO

Banshee // Z790 Apex Encore | 13900KS | 4090 Gaming OC+Alphacool Block | 48GB DDR5-8600 | RM1200x SHIFT | XT45 1080 Nova || Antec C8

Spectre // Z790i Edge | 14900KF | 3090 Ti FTW3 | 48GB DDR5-8200 | RM1000e | EK Nucleus CR360 Direct Die || Prime A21

Methuselah // X79 Rampage IV Gene | Xeon E5 1680V2 | 2080 Ti | 32GB DDR3-2400 | GameMax 850W | EK Nucleus CR360 Dark || Prime AP201

Half-Breed // Dell Precision 7720 | BGA CPU Filth+MXM Quadro P5000 | 4K Display | Sub-$500 Grade A Refurb | Nothing to Write Home About

Mr. Fox YouTube Channel | Mr. Fox @ HWBOT

The average response time for a 911 call is 10 minutes. The response time of a .357 is 1400 feet per second. 

1 minute ago, Mr. Fox said:

SO NICE to see that scalping and overpricing of new tech is not limited to the GPU side of the problem. These blocks are roughly $100 more than they used to be based. I guess what is good for the goose is good for the gander. Or, maybe the thought is so many are willing bend over and take it in the back side for NVIDIA, so that means we all secretly like being taken advantage of and are willing to let other vendors molest us as well?

https://www.ekwb.com/shop/quantum/gpu-cooling/gpu-water-blocks/geforce-rtx-40x0-series?utm_campaign=1410-b2c-newsletter&utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_content=week41-22-section-1&utm_term=2022-10-14

Holy hell, and they are pre-order only.

Guess I found a good time to look at older hardware for benching.

• Thumb Up 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, tps3443 said:

My EVGA 1300 P+ power supply is now screaming with coil whine so bad it sounds like an outdoor commercial bug zapper or something. My last PSU was an EVGA 1300G+, that one popped and smoked after just a few weeks of owning it. I’m really losing faith in EVGA power supplies. This coil whine is louder than my water chiller. 

Sorry to hear. I'm hoping the apparently tried and true 1600 T2 I just ordered will hold up for me. It was a great deal vs Corsair AXi 1600, about which I've read just too many horror stories.

11 minutes ago, Reciever said:

That's more than can be said about the 4090 itself at the moment 🤣

-- Max Tegmark

17 minutes ago, Mr. Fox said:

In other words they are not doing anyone any favors by delaying release of the Ti. They are not losing any sales or cannibalizing 4090. All they are doing is delaying the profit and making the Ti hold-outs wait. 

Makes sense. They want people who are willing to pay 20%++ more for roughly the same silicon (albeit binned) to hold out, rather than settle for 4090 and leave Nvidia effectively out of pocket. Probably very few would get the 4090, then the 4090 Ti again, and even if they did there would be a 4090 on secondary market, which they don't want.

Also they don't want to release the 4090 Ti straight away (although that would be the best option for the consumer) because that would generate only half of the combined 4090+4090 Ti hype, and they probably need to amass enough binned chips first anyway. Intel is probably executing the same strategy with the KS.

• Thumb Up 1

-- Max Tegmark

5 minutes ago, Etern4l said:

Makes sense. They want people who are willing to pay 20%++ more for roughly the same silicon (albeit binned) to hold out, rather than settle for 4090 and leave Nvidia effectively out of pocket. Probably very few would get the 4090, then the 4090 Ti again, and even if they did there would be a 4090 on secondary market, which they don't want.

Also they don't want to release the 4090 Ti straight away (although that would be the best option for the consumer) because that would generate only half of the combined 4090+4090 Ti hype, and they probably need to amass enough binned chips first anyway. Intel is probably executing the same strategy with the KS.

Yes. And, I cancelled my 13900K pre-order and decided to wait for the KS release instead. Either way, I win. I buy the KS and have the better CPU, or I buy a cheaper K later on.

Sooner or later they'll figure out how it works. It's really stupid to make people that want the top shelf product and are willing to pay for it wait longer than everyone else.

• Thumb Up 2

Wraith // Z790 Apex | 14900KF | 4090 Suprim X+Byksi Block | 48GB DDR5-8600 | Toughpower GF3 1650W | MO-RA3 360 | Hailea HC-500A || O11D XL EVO

Banshee // Z790 Apex Encore | 13900KS | 4090 Gaming OC+Alphacool Block | 48GB DDR5-8600 | RM1200x SHIFT | XT45 1080 Nova || Antec C8

Spectre // Z790i Edge | 14900KF | 3090 Ti FTW3 | 48GB DDR5-8200 | RM1000e | EK Nucleus CR360 Direct Die || Prime A21

Methuselah // X79 Rampage IV Gene | Xeon E5 1680V2 | 2080 Ti | 32GB DDR3-2400 | GameMax 850W | EK Nucleus CR360 Dark || Prime AP201

Half-Breed // Dell Precision 7720 | BGA CPU Filth+MXM Quadro P5000 | 4K Display | Sub-$500 Grade A Refurb | Nothing to Write Home About

The average response time for a 911 call is 10 minutes. The response time of a .357 is 1400 feet per second. 

43 minutes ago, Mr. Fox said:

Yes. And, I cancelled my 13900K to wait for the KS release. Either way, I win. I buy the KS and have the better CPU, or I buy a cheaper K later on.

All good if there is no need to get a new CPU soon. Those who do are in a disgusting situation of being forced into the trap. It is what it is, at least there is relative clarity over the opponents' malign strategy vs the even worse situation where the upcoming Ti/KS releases would turn out to be a complete surprise.

Best interest of customers in general would dictate they should be just opening with genuine top one or two models simultaneously, and go from there. I guess the main defence is to avoid purchasing the fake flagships as much as possible to penalise this annoying to borderline exploitative behaviour.

• Thumb Up 1

-- Max Tegmark

HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA

HAHAHAAH

to much backfire!!

https://videocardz.com/newz/nvidia-cancels-geforce-rtx-4080-12gb

RTX4080.png

• Thumb Up 3
  • Haha 6

7950X3D| Zotac 4090 AMP Extreme Airo| MSI MPG B650 Edge Wifi| Lian Li Galahad 360 V2| 32GB Kingston Renegade RGBZ 6000|Kingston KC3000 2TB| Fury Renegade 2TB|Samsung 970 Evo 1TB| Lian Li O11 Dynamic Evo| Corsair HX1500i| Samsung Odyssey G9 Neo

Asus Zephyrus G15 (Ryzen 9 6900HS + RTX3080)

But what happens with the stock from Partners that is already build and in storage? 😄 Now they need to print new boxes with 4070 

• Thumb Up 5
  • Haha 1

7950X3D| Zotac 4090 AMP Extreme Airo| MSI MPG B650 Edge Wifi| Lian Li Galahad 360 V2| 32GB Kingston Renegade RGBZ 6000|Kingston KC3000 2TB| Fury Renegade 2TB|Samsung 970 Evo 1TB| Lian Li O11 Dynamic Evo| Corsair HX1500i| Samsung Odyssey G9 Neo

Asus Zephyrus G15 (Ryzen 9 6900HS + RTX3080)

All good if there is no need to get a new CPU soon. Those who do are in a disgusting situation of being forced into the trap. It is what it is, at least there is relative clarity over the opponents' malign strategy vs a situation where the upcoming Ti/KS releases are a complete surprise.

Best interest of customers in general would dictate they should be just opening with a genuine flagship, or top two models, and go from there.

Yeah, that "hey guys, here's the new flagship <insert item here> come and get it... but, hurry" followed later on by "ha ha, faked you out, you stupid suckers" is really a skanky way to do things. Companies that operate that way deserve to have unfortunate things happen to them.

13 minutes ago, cylix said:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA

HAHAHAAH

to much backfire!!

RTX4080.png

A variant example of the same. Leveraging confusion, misrepresentation and ambiguity to enhance cash flow should be viewed as an unethical business practice. It reminds me off all of the GPU rebranding that was so common 10-12 years ago. "Here's our new GPU. It is exactly the same as the older one, but it has a new name and a new hardware ID. It costs more, and runs 50 MHz higher stock boost clock. We added more RAM even though you already had more than necessary, because we love you. Hurry kids... quantities are limited. If you're not first, you're last."

• Thumb Up 6
  • Sad 1

37 minutes ago, cylix said:

But what happens with the stock from Partners that is already build and in storage? 😄 Now they need to print new boxes with 4070 

That would be further cost of doing business with Nvidia. On the other hand were there even any leaks of these 12GB cards being in production? Might have been mostly vapourware at this point.

42 minutes ago, cylix said:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA

That's hilarious, but I am starting to seriously wonder if Nvidia are planning to release any new video cards under $1k, or is it just not worth the hassle for Jensen&co 🙂

Edit: actually, the answer is obvious - they can't really release the lower tier models until they sell the Ampere stock, otherwise they would have to discount it very hard... probably more of a reason why they cancelled the 12GB 4080, under the pretence of a bad name.

• Haha 1
  • Bump 1

-- Max Tegmark

1 hour ago, cylix said:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA

HAHAHAAH

to much backfire!!

RTX4080.png

They knew the reviews would blow in their face. With 3080Ti and 3090 and 3090Ti all will hemorrhage that card hard also all are in few % margins lmao add this nu408012GB to the mix that's a heavy backfire. I bet they saw the feedback from all the reviewers LMAO.

Bonus is DLSS3 being total dumpster trash which is demanding 240Hz monitors because of actual latency increase giving the end user a lower FPS feel, plus the image corruption issues, all with an alpha/beta state. It won't help them sell and the massive elephant in the room 192Bit memory, reduced CUDA cores on a xx80 card severely backfired from PR standpoint everyone was aware of it plus the 30 series supply on top.

Now this will be rebranded as 4070Ti probably and hold it off until 3080Ti / 3090Ti stock depletes. Since that is a fully enabled AD104 core, which means xx70Ti class.

It's amazing to see how awful this POS card was that even the Green Goblin rolled back haha.

2 hours ago, Etern4l said:

Yep, and 4090 4K performance is higher than Ampere so they can demand a lot of cash. Plus it's a massive die size and on a TSMC 5nm which is expensive so a fully enabled AD102 means even more expensive, why would Nvidia even release 4090Ti this year ? They won't and they will safely keep it under until the 30 series stock totally dries out and the economy improves.

Because 4090Ti is getting DP2.0 + 2000 CUDA cores and ofc a massive TDP bump again on top of 450W stock 4090 AND the $500 premium, totalling to $2000 MSRP. Honestly that card is worthless for 99% of the market,

• Thumb Up 3
  • Bump 1

Helios (WIP)

i9 10900K // Trident Z Royal C16 4000MHz B-Die 32GB // ASUS Maximus XIII APEX // Noctua DH15 Chromax // RTX3090Ti FE // Alienware 360Hz G-Sync Ultimate IPS FHD // Seasonic Prime TX 1000 Titanium // Fractal Meshify 2XL

Ethereal Ranger

Alienware 17 R1 // i7 4710MQ // 16GB DDR3L 2133MHz // 980M 860M loaner // Windows 8.1

That's hilarious, but I am starting to seriously wonder if Nvidia are planning to release any new video cards under $1k, or is it just not worth the hassle for Jensen&co 🙂

Why the need right now? They have still a lot Ampere silicon to get rid of. And their AIB partners have probably a lot as well. 

See:

When the GeForce RTX 4090 and the two GeForce RTX 4080s were released at the time, Nvidia had already emphasized that the GeForce RTX 3080, 3070 and 3060 (Ti) of the Ampere generation should continue to be offered below the GeForce RTX 4080.

https://www.computerbase.de/2022-10

And the new Radeon chips is so tiny and small. And AMD is also keen to let them have lower power consumption for the bragging rights 🙂

• Thumb Up 1
  • Haha 1

"The Killer"  ASUS ROG Z790 Apex Encore | 14900KS | 4090 HOF + 20 other graphics cards | 32GB DDR5 | Be Quiet! Dark Power Pro 12 - 1500 Watt | Second PSU - Cooler Master V750 SFX Gold 750W (For total of 2250W Power) | Corsair Obsidian 1000D | Custom Cooling | Asus ROG Strix XG27AQ 27" Monitors |

Papusan @ HWBOTTeam PremaMod @ HWBOT | Papusan @ YouTube Channel

3 hours ago, Etern4l said:

Yep, that makes total sense. Unless AMD comes out with something competitive with the 4090, I expect to not see a TI variant for about a year during a mid cycle refresh. If AMD can bring the high heat, then I wouldn't be shocked to see it in Q1 or Q2 at the latest of 2023.

• Thumb Up 2

Electrosoft Prime: 7950X3D | MSI X670E Carbon  | MSI Suprim X Liquid 4090 | AC LF II 420 | G.Skill 6000 A-Die 2x32GB | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB | EVGA 1600w P2 | Phanteks Ethroo Pro | Alienware AW3225QF 32" OLED

MelMel:  AMD Ryzen 5 7600x | Asus B650 Prime | Powercolor Spectra White 7900XTX | Asus Ryugin III 240mm AIO | M-die 2x16GB Custom | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB | EVGA P2 850w | Hyte Y40 | BenQ 32" 4k
Heath: i9-12900k | EVGA CLC 280 | Asus Strix Z690 D4 | Asus Strix 3080 | 32GB DDR4 2x16GB B-Die 4000  | WD Black SN850 512GB |  EVGA DG-77 | Samsung G7 32" 144hz 32"

Eurocom Raptor X15 | 12900k | Nvidia RTX 3070ti | 15.6" 1080p 240hz | Kingston 3200 32GB (2x16GB) | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB Heatsink Edition

4 hours ago, tps3443 said:

Pulling what? All intervals? Idle? Where does it start to scream?

2 hours ago, cylix said:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA

HAHAHAAH

to much backfire!!

RTX4080.png

LOL.....

I like how in the comments this basically explains it all....

ebb75ea9d3592168bccc8f2a1f20c4d433cf739091bb8442e643ce410b0ed098.thumb.png.c1e4bfccb674396c924b5912d112f66f.png

• Thumb Up 4

53 minutes ago, electrosoft said:

Pulling what? All intervals? Idle? Where does it start to scream?

Under any kind of gaming load it seems. That noise is louder than my water chiller too. Around 500+ watts of power draw it begins to screams. It stays the same pitch the whole time coming from the Power supply.

Total system power is probably much higher. (2) Pumps, (10) 120mm 2K RPM fans, motherboard, GPU, CPU, (2) M.2’s, 2TB SSD, I am gonna say 850 watts maybe more. 

I will plug in my wall meter to check. 

• Thumb Up 1

13900KF

1 hour ago, Papusan said:

And the new Radeon chips is so tiny and small. And AMD is also keen to let them have lower power consumption for the bragging rights 🙂

Intel has baby CPU cores, and AMD has baby GPUs. The underlying hoax is the same in either case. An irrational virtue signal that they are doing their tiny and inconsequential part to mitigate an imaginary crisis.

• Haha 1

I heard someone say that Nvidia is boosting RTX Ampere performance by as high as 24% in games with further improvements and DX12 optimizations. I mean dang, are they sand bagging us this entire time? The 4090 is so freaking fast as it is, and with so many RTX 3000 series GPU’s for sale, they are literally enticing people to really buy them now. 

• Thumb Up 3

13900KF

Reciever
This post was recognized by Reciever!

"Now thats how you multi-quote!"

jaybee83 was awarded the badge 'Great Content' and 20 points.

On 10/14/2022 at 12:27 AM, tps3443 said:

I did a full block tear down as well. Taking this block apart was so easy. It’s pretty again!! 

E3EF56DF-4BB7-4107-A83E-0DCC59FF1238.jpeg

wth guys, i leave u alone for a day and this thread explodes! ok, post replies roundhouse kick style, here we go...

amazing job on the cleanup! how long has it been in use and what cleaning agents did u use? any detergents or special brushes?

On 10/14/2022 at 1:40 AM, electrosoft said:

I'm pretty sure the cancelled Titan (at this moment)  is different than the 4090ti. Still hilarious. 🙂

This was on Videocardz dated the 12th in regards to a 4090ti so it's in the works:

https://videocardz.com/newz/according-to-the-rumor-nvidia-is-already-saving-ad102-gpus-for-geforce-rtx-4090-ti

really not sure what to think of all the recent contradictory 4090Ti / Titan class card rumours...

On 10/14/2022 at 3:35 AM, Mr. Fox said:

This benchmark is very disappointing in much the same way that Port Royal is. Just another crummy limited measurement  benchmark. Doesn't have any measurement of system performance apart from GPU. You could actually own a pathetic system with a powerful GPU and get a nice score. It's not even very interesting to watch. Since it is primarily focused on what seems to be an effort to be entertaining maybe having audio would have made It a little less pathetic. I guess probably the nicest thing I can say about it is that you don't have to be bored for as long as you do when running Port Royal. It seems like you just barely getting started and it's already over. I can't imagine a video card getting overheated it's so short.

https://www.3dmark.com/compare/sw/12118/sw/12132#

i dont like this increasing trend of more and more ultra specialized benchmarks. i mean, i dont want smth stupidly universal like user bench, but at least do a 3in1 bench for gpu, cpu and ram as the main perf. impacting components ffs. we dont need 50 different benches for every little niche.

On 10/14/2022 at 4:15 AM, tps3443 said:

I didn’t have any issues. I was afraid I was going to though, I remember @Mr. Foxmentioned to me the trouble he had. 

I cleaned everything up, and laid the large clear o-ring on the plexiglass, then slowly went around it with a plastic spoon pressing it in to the groove on the plexi, after it was perfect,  I laid the copper block down on the o-ring. You can’t exactly see the o-ring, so you’ve gotta go by the holes to line up the copper to the plexi and slowly lower it down. Then I slowly tightened down all of the hex screws and Philips screws that hold the plexi to the copper block. After that I torqued it all down going from outside in, then to inside out. Then I heated up the block with a heat gun just a little, and checked the torque again only going finger snug on these. But triple checking a few times over again. Then I did the terminal. Two small black oval O-rings. I installed the smaller hexes first, slowly lined up the terminal and then tightened the larger hexes. 

I plugged all of the holes with G1/4 plug fitting putting a finger on one and suction tested the block through another and held it there for about 30 seconds. It was good to go. Filled my loop, and powered it on. Not a single leak. 

this is the kinda stuff that is tedious to do but also super fun and rewarding when seeing the results in both visuals and actual performance of the part 🙂 good job!

On 10/14/2022 at 5:40 AM, Papusan said:

I have the Dark Power Pro 12 PSU. Nice seeing BeQuiet finallly is out with the new 12VHPWR PCI-E ADAPTER CABLE. I have to order it because the cable adapter from Nvidia and the AIB partners is so damn ugly. This will look a lot nicer in the chassis than the big cluster with cable mess🙂 And they offer 3 years manufacturer warranty for this cable. Not 10 years as for the PSU🙃

image.png.e05cc6ed3c73d82e2e99944b60a767a9.png

thats just messed up. why not cover it with the same warranty as the main psu and at least give it out for free to recent psu buyers? i.e. thats what seasonic did, so kudos to them!

On 10/14/2022 at 5:45 AM, johnksss said:

I like having the single cable as well, but man that bend angle is murder though!😂

yeah like who tf came up with the stupid idea to put the power connector there... at least offer right angle connector! but im hearing smth is actually in the works in that regard.

On 10/14/2022 at 5:48 AM, Papusan said:

Maybe I should buy two?😁 Swap it out with a new while its time, HaHa

Btw, the Corsair 1000D is a huge chassis so more than enough space for the bend🙂

From my calculation. This new cable costs around 5% vs what the whole PSU costs. Should have been a free upgrade.

word. buy the second one in white pls with extra integrated RGB 🤣

On 10/14/2022 at 7:36 AM, johnksss said:

No, I'm not keeping this card. No way I'm going to run a 4090 while the 4090 TI is lurking (Although I have my warranty which allows for me to get all my money back later down the line. Minus the warranty part.). And still waiting to see about surpassing the 600W PSU limit. Is that limit written into the 40 series cards? So that if you try to by pass using the 600W cable with just using 4 PCIE cables, will it allow for more watts. Still a few variables floating about before making a judgment purchase. The 3090 runs all my games just fine so no need to jump on the early adoption of a new card.🙂

No, that is not art eraser, but instead it's just insulation tape. It's crazy humid here so the condensation is REAL!

Edit:

Yep, I'm out of watts.....😭

RjGpqCJ.png

yeah unfortunately at least for now were limited to 600W. but so far it seems were less power and more voltage limited isnt it? at least from the user reports ive seen, a bit different vs. the 30 series. as for a potential 4090Ti really not sure how close it might be, if at all...its a gamble.

18 hours ago, Papusan said:

Mixing cables between differnt brands PSU's is a bad idea. As for etc the Bequiet's new 12VHPWR PCI-E ADAPTER CABLE, you can clearly see the difference in the socket design on the PSU side of the cable. People need to do their due dilligence. You can't etc put in an 12 pin socket into an 8 pin🙂 Not all cables is vired exactly the same way into the PSU sockets. Neither do they use same socket design. All quality PSU manufacturers will deliver this cable if the PSU  is strong enough for Nvidia's specs.

image.png.e74946b21dc9c363f2835f8332d0b979.png

You can find a lot more info about this topic if you gooogle....... 

PSA: Mixing Modular PSU Cables Can Kill Components

woa wait, is that a double 12 pin cable?! 😲

but wait again, no sense pins? im confused... oooh is that the 3090 ti style 12 pin connector without the sense pins?

17 hours ago, Etern4l said:

as mentioned above the Ti(tan) class card is quite confusing to me atm with those rumours flying around. curious to see how it turns out. only thing i know for sure is that even at 20% it wouldnt rub me the wrong way with my 4090, its a winner either way. if even OGs like @johnksss are impressed by the uplift in perf it brings, i KNOW i waited for the right gen to drop my hard saved cash 😋😁

16 hours ago, Etern4l said:

Supply shenanigans + hype + RDNA 3 fail = NVIDIA profit. The first two terms are already in place, now they also need AMD to flop. If that happens, and if the device is a Ti, I would expect launch price to be $2000+ for FE; if it's the full fat professional Titan, they will be asking at least $2500+, probably $3000k+.

pls shoot me. f*ck Nvidia. and nope, still love my Suprim X 4090, two COMPLETELY different and unrelated things 🤣

15 hours ago, Mr. Fox said:

SO NICE to see that scalping and overpricing of new tech is not limited to the GPU side of the problem. These blocks are roughly $100 more than they used to be priced. I guess what is good for the goose is good for the gander. Or, maybe the thought is so many are willing bend over and take it in the back side for NVIDIA, so that means we all secretly like being taken advantage of and are willing to let other vendors molest us as well?

Perhaps they knew in advance that their disrespect and betrayal of every single 3090 owner would not fly a second go round. I know I am not alone in my displeasure about it and I am sure they got an ear full of complaining about their unacceptable behavior. So, I am sure they know that there are lots of us that are ignoring the 4090 and won't waste any money on a new GPU until they show us the 4090 Ti. Fool me once, shame on you... fool me twice... I don't think so.

In other words they are not doing anyone any favors by delaying release of the Ti. They are not losing any sales or cannibalizing 4090. All they are doing is delaying the profit and making the Ti hold-outs wait. Every day they make a Ti hold-out wait is another opportunity to totally lose an opportunity to make a sale of anything. Because everything else is a downgrade, they should have released the Ti FIRST and made everyone else wait to see what the downgrade looks like in comparison to where the bar is set with the 4090 Ti. Releasing the 4090 non-Ti first was just another cart before the horse butt-head move on their part, and it has potential to hurt them more than help them.

nowadays everything from sneakers, concert tickets, hardware, etc. is being scalped, basically any kind of "luxury" or higher end item that people want in troughes. disgusting indeed. if u wanna gamble go to a friggin casino or buy stocks. leave us and our hobbies alone ffs. we actually want to USE those items, not gamble with them to make a quick buck.

15 hours ago, Reciever said:

Guess I found a good time to look at older hardware for benching.

indeed. i fear this might become a new trend even among enthusiasts... and guess what? if enough ppl do that then well see older hardware getting scalped as well. ffs, when does it end?!

15 hours ago, Etern4l said:

Sorry to hear. I'm hoping the apparently tried and true 1600 T2 I just ordered will hold up for me. It was a great deal vs Corsair AXi 1600, about which I've read just too many horror stories.

That's more than can be said about the 4090 itself at the moment 🤣

lulz i feel kinda bad for saying this, but every day that im following the 4090 unobtainium news i feel better about my sniped Suprim X. just now i saw one card pop up on fleabay for 33% above MSRP, which i paid (the MSRP, thats is, NOT the +33%!) 😅 and that was from a commercial / vendor account.... 2020 wants their scalping prices back!

15 hours ago, Etern4l said:

All good if there is no need to get a new CPU soon. Those who do are in a disgusting situation of being forced into the trap. It is what it is, at least there is relative clarity over the opponents' malign strategy vs the even worse situation where the upcoming Ti/KS releases would turn out to be a complete surprise.

Best interest of customers in general would dictate they should be just opening with genuine top one or two models simultaneously, and go from there. I guess the main defence is to avoid purchasing the fake flagships as much as possible to penalise this annoying to borderline exploitative behaviour.

this kinda strategy really sucks. because whatever u do, itll bite u in the balls. if u go and get the 4090 now ull be frustrated cuz of the Ti. if u wait for the Ti, ull only have limited time as top dog until a 5090 gets released. f*ck that!

14 hours ago, cylix said:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA

HAHAHAAH

to much backfire!!

RTX4080.png

O. M. G. im speechless... and at the same time Schadenfreude FTW, this is HILARIOUS!!!!! 🤣🤣🤣👌🏻👍🏼🥳

10 hours ago, tps3443 said:

I heard someone say that Nvidia is boosting RTX Ampere performance by as high as 24% in games with further improvements and DX12 optimizations. I mean dang, are they sand bagging us this entire time? The 4090 is so freaking fast as it is, and with so many RTX 3000 series GPU’s for sale, they are literally enticing people to really buy them now. 

sandbaggin fo sho. imagine what they left on the table for basically every other gpu gen cuz they didnt have any previous gen stock to get rid of...uh huh! 

aight, now behave, not another post explosion inside a day 😂

• Like 3

Mine: Hyperion "Titan God of Heat, Heavenly Light, Power" (2022-24)
AMD Ryzen 9 7950X (TG High Perf. IHS) / Asus ROG Crosshair X670E Extreme / MSI Geforce RTX 4090 Suprim X / Teamgroup T-Force Delta RGB DDR5-8200 2x24 GB / Seagate Firecuda 530 4 TB / 5x Samsung 860 Evo 4 TB / Arctic Liquid Freezer II 420 (Push/Pull 6x Noctua NF-A14 IndustrialPPC-3000 intake) / Seasonic TX-1600 W Titanium / Phanteks Enthoo Pro 2 TG (3x Arctic P12 A-RGB intake / 4x Arctic P14 A-RGB exhaust / 1x Arctic P14 A-RGB RAM cooling) / Samsung Odyssey Neo G8 32" 4K 240 Hz / Ducky One 3 Daybreak Fullsize Cherry MX Brown / Corsair M65 Ultra RGB / PDP Afterglow Wave Black

My Lady's: Clevo NH55JNNQ "Alfred" (2022-24)
Sharp LQ156M1JW03 FHD matte 15.6" IGZO 8 bit @248 Hz / Intel Core i5 12600 / Nvidia Geforce RTX 3070 Ti / Mushkin Redline DDR4-3200 2x32 GB / Samsung 970 Pro 1 TB / Samsung 870 QVO 8 TB / Intel AX201 WIFI 6+BT 5.2 / Win 11 Pro Phoenix Lite OS / 230 W PSU powered by Prema Mod!