NotebookTalk

*Official Benchmark Thread* - Post it here or it didn't happen :D

Mr. Fox

btw guys, ive been keeping an eye on this 4090 overview spreadsheet lately and it seems like the Neptune watercooled card might have an interesting vbios installed:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1TGs72-RQTZkMBbKyoA8K3eqHrizlVxpjMWAOQlHsRBY/htmlview

it supposedly sports 630W stock spec, so maxxed out could come close to 700W or more. 

admittedly, the spreadsheet is not complete and some of the listed specs are a bit vague, but i take any info i can get 🙂

• Thumb Up 2

Mine: Hyperion "Titan God of Heat, Heavenly Light, Power" (2022-24)
AMD Ryzen 9 7950X (TG High Perf. IHS) / Asus ROG Crosshair X670E Extreme / MSI Geforce RTX 4090 Suprim X / Teamgroup T-Force Delta RGB DDR5-8200 2x24 GB / Seagate Firecuda 530 4 TB / 5x Samsung 860 Evo 4 TB / Arctic Liquid Freezer II 420 (Push/Pull 6x Noctua NF-A14 IndustrialPPC-3000 intake) / Seasonic TX-1600 W Titanium / Phanteks Enthoo Pro 2 TG (3x Arctic P12 A-RGB intake / 4x Arctic P14 A-RGB exhaust / 1x Arctic P14 A-RGB RAM cooling) / Samsung Odyssey Neo G8 32" 4K 240 Hz / Ducky One 3 Daybreak Fullsize Cherry MX Brown / Corsair M65 Ultra RGB / PDP Afterglow Wave Black

My Lady's: Clevo NH55JNNQ "Alfred" (2022-24)
Sharp LQ156M1JW03 FHD matte 15.6" IGZO 8 bit @248 Hz / Intel Core i5 12600 / Nvidia Geforce RTX 3070 Ti / Mushkin Redline DDR4-3200 2x32 GB / Samsung 970 Pro 1 TB / Samsung 870 QVO 8 TB / Intel AX201 WIFI 6+BT 5.2 / Win 11 Pro Phoenix Lite OS / 230 W PSU powered by Prema Mod!

1 hour ago, jaybee83 said:

btw guys, ive been keeping an eye on this 4090 overview spreadsheet lately and it seems like the Neptune watercooled card might have an interesting vbios installed:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1TGs72-RQTZkMBbKyoA8K3eqHrizlVxpjMWAOQlHsRBY/htmlviewit supposedly sports 630W stock spec, so maxxed out could come close to 700W or more. 

admittedly, the spreadsheet is not complete and some of the listed specs are a bit vague, but i take any info i can get 🙂

Nice find!

That was my top pick out of the gate but would have to be imported. 😞

Steve over at Gamer's Nexus had one brand new sitting on his presentation desk while he was talking about Nvidia in general and the 4080 12GB fiasco. Hopefully he is going to do a full review and teardown:

• Thumb Up 4

Electrosoft Prime: 7950X3D | MSI X670E Carbon  | MSI Suprim X Liquid 4090 | AC LF II 420 | G.Skill 6000 A-Die 2x32GB | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB | EVGA 1600w P2 | Phanteks Ethroo Pro | Alienware AW3225QF 32" OLED

MelMel:  AMD Ryzen 5 7600x | Asus B650 Prime | Powercolor Spectra White 7900XTX | Asus Ryugin III 240mm AIO | M-die 2x16GB Custom | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB | EVGA P2 850w | Hyte Y40 | BenQ 32" 4k
Heath: i9-12900k | EVGA CLC 280 | Asus Strix Z690 D4 | Asus Strix 3080 | 32GB DDR4 2x16GB B-Die 4000  | WD Black SN850 512GB |  EVGA DG-77 | Samsung G7 32" 144hz 32"

Eurocom Raptor X15 | 12900k | Nvidia RTX 3070ti | 15.6" 1080p 240hz | Kingston 3200 32GB (2x16GB) | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB Heatsink Edition

29 minutes ago, electrosoft said:

Nice find!

That was my top pick out of the gate but would have to be imported. 😞

Steve over at Gamer's Nexus had one brand new sitting on his presentation desk while he was talking about Nvidia in general and the 4080 12GB fiasco. Hopefully he is going to do a full review and teardown:

Oh man the Neptune looks great, would be perfect for a white build...to bad its only in China. 

I like the new Galax aswell, interesting about the cooling, the whole block is made of aluminium.

https://www.techgoing.com/galax-unveils-geforce-rtx-4090-metal-master-graphics-card-metal-body-design/?amp=1

• Bump 1

7950X3D| Zotac 4090 AMP Extreme Airo| MSI MPG B650 Edge Wifi| Lian Li Galahad 360 V2| 32GB Kingston Renegade RGBZ 6000|Kingston KC3000 2TB| Fury Renegade 2TB|Samsung 970 Evo 1TB| Lian Li O11 Dynamic Evo| Corsair HX1500i| Samsung Odyssey G9 Neo

Asus Zephyrus G15 (Ryzen 9 6900HS + RTX3080)

1 hour ago, electrosoft said:

Nvidia has nothing to come up with if they brand it 4070 Ti. The Ti cards often come after the xx70 cards as a refresher before the new generation of cards (2 years cycle for same arch) is out. Or brand it Super. They just can't push this cards out as a refresher to compet with AMD's mid cycle cards. Amd will tune their cards to match this cards performance due they now know the specs.

Nvidia have with this opened up what to come from nvidia. Some that remember AMD pulled out a new vbios a couple of days after release because they screwed up their own launch? 

On the other side... They can of course tune drivers to make this card to perform at their likings. None should get too much performance out from it if it's not needed or wanted. 

• Thumb Up 2

"The Killer"  ASUS ROG Z790 Apex Encore | 14900KS | 4090 HOF + 20 other graphics cards | 32GB DDR5 | Be Quiet! Dark Power Pro 12 - 1500 Watt | Second PSU - Cooler Master V750 SFX Gold 750W (For total of 2250W Power) | Corsair Obsidian 1000D | Custom Cooling | Asus ROG Strix XG27AQ 27" Monitors |

Papusan @ HWBOTTeam PremaMod @ HWBOT | Papusan @ YouTube Channel

Asus follow Dell's route. Dell's head thermal engineer Travis North was one of the first to introduce such type features in a computer. You just have to love the ingenuity/the strife Asus do for copycating Dell. I wonder who'm of the users have asked for this. Maybe AMD has whispered in someone's ear at Asus? Noone who want AMD's "new normal" ?🙃 I wonder what Asus will gain from offer this new "feature".

Asus limits the temperature of Ryzen 7000 on its motherboards overclocking.com

BIOS Asus

Asus informs us that the brand has decided to react to the CPU temperature recorded on the new Ryzen 7000 processors. Indeed, during our tests, and despite a consequent liquid cooling system, our Ryzen 9 7950X reached a temperature of 92°C during the Cinebench R23 benchmark in multi threads. ASUS will introduce a new exclusive feature for Ryzen 7000 processors on its X670/B650 motherboards in a future BIOS update. Note that as you can see here, some models already have an update available. We find there in particular the ROG Crosshair X670E Gene and ROG Crosshair X670E Extreme that we have tested.

• Thumb Up 4

"The Killer"  ASUS ROG Z790 Apex Encore | 14900KS | 4090 HOF + 20 other graphics cards | 32GB DDR5 | Be Quiet! Dark Power Pro 12 - 1500 Watt | Second PSU - Cooler Master V750 SFX Gold 750W (For total of 2250W Power) | Corsair Obsidian 1000D | Custom Cooling | Asus ROG Strix XG27AQ 27" Monitors |

Hey everyone, I need to buy a new M.2 for my Z690 Unify-X/ 13900K build. I have decided to not re-use the Raided M.2’s that are in my Z590 Dark motherboard. Gonna leave those M.2’s alone, so I can use the system with the already installed OS.

So, I am looking for a brand new M.2, something Gen4 for sure, and at least 2TB, I have come across a really decent M.2 that looks to be a great deal considering. 

Anyone use one of these Corsair watercooled M.2’s? It’s 2TB, gen4, water cooled, and super fast. I didn’t realize watercooling an M.2 was beneficial until I discovered they air cooled high performance Gen4 M.2’s can actually thermal throttle very easily. I figured it’s not bad for $260 bucks. Also, it doesn’t use a fin array, so no water loop flow restriction at all. I read a review or two, and the air cooled variants can run like 75C+  nearing the 80C throttle limit. And this one always runs sub 30c temps. It’s not like it’s any more expensive, and it’s actually beneficial. 

Any thoughts?  

D756D34B-947B-494E-B6F6-3F59585A4AED.png

13900KF

1 hour ago, tps3443 said:

Hey everyone, I need to buy a new M.2 for my Z690 Unify-X/ 13900K build. I have decided to not re-use the Raided M.2’s that are in my Z590 Dark motherboard. Gonna leave those M.2’s alone, so I can use the system with the already installed OS.

So, I am looking for a brand new M.2, something Gen4 for sure, and at least 2TB, I have come across a really decent M.2 that looks to be a great deal considering. 

Anyone use one of these Corsair watercooled M.2’s? It’s 2TB, gen4, water cooled, and super fast. I didn’t realize watercooling an M.2 was beneficial until I discovered they air cooled high performance Gen4 M.2’s can actually thermal throttle very easily. I figured it’s not bad for $260 bucks. Also, it doesn’t use a fin array, so no water loop flow restriction at all. I read a review or two, and the air cooled variants can run like 75C+  nearing the 80C throttle limit. And this one always runs sub 30c temps. It’s not like it’s any more expensive, and it’s actually beneficial. 

Any thoughts?  

D756D34B-947B-494E-B6F6-3F59585A4AED.png

Most new modern MB have good enough metal heatsink for any brands m.2 ssd you will install. If the need is still there you can later buy a water cooler M.2 heatsink from any brand. Amazon have the Corsair cooler for sub 40$. No need to overspend if the MB's own features can handle it. Rather look for a great deal for an m.2 ssd with the size you prefer. 

From 10:30

• Thumb Up 2
  • Bump 2

10 hours ago, Papusan said:

Asus follow Dell's route. Dell's head thermal engineer Travis North was one of the first to introduce such type features in a computer. You just have to love the ingenuity/the strife Asus do for copycating Dell. I wonder who'm of the users have asked for this. Maybe AMD has whispered in someone's ear at Asus? Noone who want AMD's "new normal" ?🙃 I wonder what Asus will gain from offer this new "feature".

Asus limits the temperature of Ryzen 7000 on its motherboards overclocking.com

BIOS Asus

Asus informs us that the brand has decided to react to the CPU temperature recorded on the new Ryzen 7000 processors. Indeed, during our tests, and despite a consequent liquid cooling system, our Ryzen 9 7950X reached a temperature of 92°C during the Cinebench R23 benchmark in multi threads. ASUS will introduce a new exclusive feature for Ryzen 7000 processors on its X670/B650 motherboards in a future BIOS update. Note that as you can see here, some models already have an update available. We find there in particular the ROG Crosshair X670E Gene and ROG Crosshair X670E Extreme that we have tested.

this is so dumb...might as well just do a tdp cap, either way ure limiting the cpu's performance so that it cant stretch its legs properly.

ppl need to understand that the 95C does not mean "oh hot cpu, bad thermals, danger!", its just another algo that maxes out ur cooling solution so that u automatically get max performance. good to see that my x670e extreme is at the forefront for new features, but this is deffo one i will not be using 😂 thx for the headsup bro papu!

17 hours ago, jaybee83 said:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1TGs72-RQTZkMBbKyoA8K3eqHrizlVxpjMWAOQlHsRBY/htmlview

it supposedly sports 630W stock spec, so maxxed out could come close to 700W or more. 

got another find regarding 4090: the latest asus gpu tweak III and msi AB beta now support voltage adjustment! can thus up the previous max core voltage from 1.05 to now 1.1V. first users reporting around +150 Mhz max boost, now at 3160Mhz instead of previously 3015Mhz ish. this is getting insane guys, esp considering this is still all air cooled and with totally reasonable temps! but now of course higher wattage vbios becomes more important...

• Thumb Up 4
  • Bump 1

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X (TG High Perf. IHS) / Asus ROG Crosshair X670E Extreme / MSI Geforce RTX 4090 Suprim X / Teamgroup T-Force Delta RGB DDR5-8200 2x24 GB / Seagate Firecuda 530 4 TB / 5x Samsung 860 Evo 4 TB / Arctic Liquid Freezer II 420 (Push/Pull 6x Noctua NF-A14 IndustrialPPC-3000 intake) / Seasonic TX-1600 W Titanium / Phanteks Enthoo Pro 2 TG (3x Arctic P12 A-RGB intake / 4x Arctic P14 A-RGB exhaust / 1x Arctic P14 A-RGB RAM cooling) / Samsung Odyssey Neo G8 32" 4K 240 Hz / Ducky One 3 Daybreak Fullsize Cherry MX Brown / Corsair M65 Ultra RGB / PDP Afterglow Wave Black

Sharp LQ156M1JW03 FHD matte 15.6" IGZO 8 bit @248 Hz / Intel Core i5 12600 / Nvidia Geforce RTX 3070 Ti / Mushkin Redline DDR4-3200 2x32 GB / Samsung 970 Pro 1 TB / Samsung 870 QVO 8 TB / Intel AX201 WIFI 6+BT 5.2 / Win 11 Pro Phoenix Lite OS / 230 W PSU powered by Prema Mod!

17 minutes ago, jaybee83 said:

this is so dumb...might as well just do a tdp cap, either way ure limiting the cpu's performance so that it cant stretch its legs properly.

ppl need to understand that the 95C does not mean "oh hot cpu, bad thermals, danger!", its just another algo that maxes out ur cooling solution so that u automatically get max performance. good to see that my x670e extreme is at the forefront for new features, but this is deffo one i will not be using 😂 thx for the headsup bro papu!

The main problem... All Ryzen Zen4 chips can and will run 95C. There is people out there who think an lower performing SKU will run cooler (less noise). Those will select the weaker Cpu due they hope for less noise and less warming up the office/gaming room. + they are cheaper. But as you know thats not AMDs goal with Zen4 chips. Hence we now see idiocy features added in bios because people have complained about noise and computers that works as heaters in their rooms. Yooo get what you ask for, LOOL

• Thumb Up 1
  • Haha 2

The standard version with the heat sink throttles. So, I would assume the motherboard heat sink would probably throttle it as well. As for cost, it is priced equivalent to other performance 2TB Gen4 SSD’s without a waterblock. 

Seems like a not so bad value. 

13900KF

Fantastic video on the new BS tech from Nvidia. It has a lot of issues as expected,. Yeah new tech (tbf another regressive tech like upscaling) but it will have some issues which are glaring and not easily possible to fix.

Higher Response Times thus causing lower FPS perception experience even if the number shows high lol. Nvidia Reflex aka Low Latency mode is already there in this tech but if you watch the video you will see how DLSS3 won't lead vs the regular rendering even if using low latency mode because low latency exists for all GPUs from 900 series aka Maxwell so everyone can use it already and with DLSS3 it is barely changing anything for better it's worse in fact. And AMD had Radeon Anti-Lag aka Low Latency mode long before Nvidia announced Reflex. Ultimately First Person Shooters  with high framerate likeDOOM and such titles will have negative experience when using this thing because FPS games will always be better when you have lowest response times this smoother gameplay.

Image Corruption due to fake data which is not a real image at all but an interpolated image inserted plus the UI elements of game being effected as well, since UI is also rendered as an output of game engine, this will effect waypoints, and a lot of aspects in gameplay.

Higher Image Instability of ghostiing, shimmering, artifacts due to adding a newer Frame Insertion which is not a rendered output image amplifies the effect plus most of these already exist on DLSS2/FSR type versions so it amplifies even more.

High Refresh Rate Panel requirement, imagine having LCD overpriced display with response rate limitations, as most of the LCD tech demonstrate how they have poor color reproduction and ghosting etc esp for those panels which are not G-Sync Ultimate (these are binned and have better Panel quality) then having this tech causing all sort of bonus problems lol. vs OLED (instant response times).

High FPS Target output requirement (200FPS+ min because of perception of gameplay smoothness is actually lower) thus making it worst for the low end / mid range cards esp low resolutions imagine using DLSS at 1080P and then pairing the Frame Generation, it's a total ultimate trash experience. DLSS2 / FSR are not worth at 1080P at all it's insanely worse and even at 1440P at all.

Frame Capping restriction forcing to leave higher output and for those those who use VSync it will also cause issues.

Limited to Ada and paywalled for now.

• Thumb Up 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Like 1
  • Bump 1

Helios (WIP)

i9 10900K // Trident Z Royal C16 4000MHz B-Die 32GB // ASUS Maximus XIII APEX // Noctua DH15 Chromax // RTX3090Ti FE // Alienware 360Hz G-Sync Ultimate IPS FHD // Seasonic Prime TX 1000 Titanium // Fractal Meshify 2XL

Ethereal Ranger

Alienware 17 R1 // i7 4710MQ // 16GB DDR3L 2133MHz // 980M 860M loaner // Windows 8.1

21 minutes ago, tps3443 said:

The standard version with the heat sink throttles. So, I would assume the motherboard heat sink would probably throttle it as well. As for cost, it is priced equivalent to other performance 2TB Gen4 SSD’s without a waterblock. 

Seems like a not so bad value. 

Not sure whats up with his system but no ssd should throttle below 70C. And here we see even below 50C. And if the Corsair ssd show this behaviour I would avoid it. 

image.thumb.png.c0e15f75ca8c2c41b0f64ff4e37e18d0.png

• Thumb Up 1
  • Confused 1

37 minutes ago, Papusan said:

The main problem... All Ryzen Zen4 chips can and will run 95C. There is people out there who think an lower performing SKU will run cooler (less noise). Those will select the weaker Cpu due they hope for less noise and less warming up the office/gaming room. + they are cheaper. But as you know thats not AMDs goal with Zen4 chips. Hence we now see idiocy features added in bios because people have complained about noise and computers that works as heaters in their rooms. Yooo get what you ask for, LOOL

dB snobs tend to do their research even further than Watercooling types and often run in similar circles.

The main problem here is not that those chips run 95c, the actual main problem is the ignorance behind what to do with it.

There is nothing that says you cant adjust fan curve is there? 

• Thumb Up 1

42 minutes ago, Papusan said:

what was it again? smth like there are only two things assumed to he infinite: the universe (unproven yet) and human stupidity (pretty proven by this point) 😅

11 minutes ago, Ashtrix said:

Fantastic video on the new BS tech from Nvidia. It has a lot of issues as expected,. Yeah new tech (tbf another regressive tech like upscaling) but it will have some issues which are glaring and not easily possible to fix.

Higher Image Instability of ghostiing, shimmering, artifacts due to newer Frame Insertion paired with delay in which some of them are DLSS2's Temporal Upscaling baggage.

Higher Response Times thus causing lower FPS perception experience even if the number shows high lol. Nvidia Reflex aka Low Latency mode is already there in this tech but if you watch the video you will see how DLSS3 won't lead vs the regular rendering even if using low latency mode because low latency exists for all GPUs from 900 series aka Maxwell so everyone can use it already and with DLSS3 it is barely changing anything for better it's worse in fact. And AMD had Radeon Anti-Lag aka Low Latency mode long before Nvidia announced Reflex. Ultimately First Person Shooters  with high framerate likeDOOM and such titles will have negative experience when using this thing because FPS games will always be better when you have lowest response times this smoother gameplay.

Image Corruption due to fake data which is not a real image at all but an interpolated image inserted plus the UI elements of game being effected as well, since UI is also rendered as an output of game engine, this will effect waypoints, and a lot of aspects in gameplay.

High Refresh Rate Panel requirement, imagine having LCD overpriced display with response rate limitations, as most of the LCD tech demonstrate how they have poor color reproduction and ghosting etc esp for those panels which are not G-Sync Ultimate (these are binned and have better Panel quality) then having this tech causing all sort of bonus problems lol. vs OLED (instant response times).

High FPS Target output requirement (200FPS+ min because of perception of gameplay smoothness is actually lower) thus making it worst for the low end / mid range cards esp low resolutions imagine using DLSS at 1080P and then pairing the Frame Generation, it's a total ultimate trash experience. DLSS2 / FSR are not worth at 1080P at all it's insanely worse and even at 1440P at all.

Frame Capping restriction forcing to leave higher output and for those those who use VSync it will also cause issues.

Limited to Ada and paywalled for now.

i esp like the part where DLSS3 basically only makes sense at high frame rates and high refresh rate monitors....thus the setups that need it the least lulz.

in other news: Asus as the new EVGA binning chips for a Kingpin style card? 

Link: https://www.overclock.net/threads/official-nvidia-rtx-4090-owners-club.1800847/post-29046173

• Thumb Up 1
  • Haha 1
  • Bump 1

46 minutes ago, Papusan said:

Not sure whats up with his system but no ssd should throttle below 70C. And here we see even below 50C. And if the Corsair ssd show this behaviour I would avoid it. 

image.thumb.png.c0e15f75ca8c2c41b0f64ff4e37e18d0.png

The top two M.2 SSD’s are both identical models, only the first one is watercooled, and the 2nd one is air cooled. The last SSD is a different older slower model is all. Why he is even comparing it, I have no idea lol.

I just thought it was interesting how he managed to throttle that 2nd M.2 with that massive heat sink it has. 

Water cooling an M.2 is effective and plausible for sure. But the main thing is the cost difference is minimal if any at all. It shows the air cooled M.2 with a heat sink drop it’s write performance by half after it heats up.

• Thumb Up 1

13900KF

3 hours ago, tps3443 said:

The top two M.2 SSD’s are both identical models, only the first one is watercooled, and the 2nd one is air cooled. The last SSD is a different older slower model is all. Why he is even comparing it, I have no idea lol.

I just thought it was interesting how he managed to throttle that 2nd M.2 with that massive heat sink it has. 

Water cooling an M.2 is effective and plausible for sure. But the main thing is the cost difference is minimal if any at all. It shows the air cooled M.2 with a heat sink drop it’s write performance by half after it heats up.

See it this way. Corsair probably used cheapo thin flimsy heatsink. Because the M.2 ssd in the test is one of their cheaper model. Here is results from the model they offer with the water cooling kit you are looking for. The drive barely hit 50C in stress test. And newer PCIe M.2 ssds run colder than the older models. 

image.png.9736ed93b67d43a89d546805956c07df.png

From the review... 

We took note of the drive’s temperature during some of our benchmarking runs. The well-designed heatsink on the MP600 Pro XT performs well as even when the drive was being pushed very hard during the Performance Stability test run, the drive never passed 50° C (with a 24° C ambient temperature).

https://www.kitguru.net/components/ssd-drives/simon-crisp/corsair-mp600-pro-xt-2tb-ssd-review/15/

See.... There is no need for the added costs. Yep, probably not the huge cost difference between the model with and without the water cooling gear but as I said, not really needed 🙂

As a sidenote. Flash nand will gain from higher temps (reliability). And below 70C for the controller won't be a problem (no throttling). 

Edit. Enjoy. Corsair went cheapo as I said above. Get rid of the thin block of alu and use the metal cooler plate that follow your MB. And it will look prettier as well.

image.thumb.png.103141961c06d0a2a7590e9367a62abc.png

3 hours ago, Papusan said:

See it this way. Corsair probably used cheapo thin flimsy heatsink. Because the M.2 ssd in the test is one of their cheaper model. Here is results from the model they offer with the water cooling kit you are looking for. The drive barely hit 50C in stress test. And newer PCIe M.2 ssds run colder than the older models. 

image.png.9736ed93b67d43a89d546805956c07df.png

From the review... 

We took note of the drive’s temperature during some of our benchmarking runs. The well-designed heatsink on the MP600 Pro XT performs well as even when the drive was being pushed very hard during the Performance Stability test run, the drive never passed 50° C (with a 24° C ambient temperature).

https://www.kitguru.net/components/ssd-drives/simon-crisp/corsair-mp600-pro-xt-2tb-ssd-review/15/

See.... There is no need for the added costs. Yep, probably not the huge cost difference between the model with and without the water cooling gear but as I said, not really needed 🙂

As a sidenote. Flash nand will gain from higher temps (reliability). And below 70C for the controller won't be a problem (no throttling). 

Edit. Enjoy. Corsair went cheapo as I said above. Get rid of the thin block of alu and use the metal cooler plate that follow your MB. And it will look prettier as well.

image.thumb.png.103141961c06d0a2a7590e9367a62abc.png

These super fast Gen4 drives can get hot. I figure why not just grab a water cooled one for a little extra. It will run super cool and generate far less heat in my system as a whole, the water is already flowing. Plus it’s really a cheap added cost. And I already have the custom loop, and it won’t take away much from flow rate if any. 

Sorry I’m stubborn lol. I got one, and I’m excited to give it a go. 

😁

BC8A03E3-C417-4EAA-A378-356FDF336738.jpeg

• Thumb Up 2
  • Haha 1

13900KF

36 minutes ago, tps3443 said:

These super fast Gen4 drives can get hot. I figure why not just grab a water cooled one for a little extra. It will run super cool and generate far less heat in my system as a whole, the water is already flowing. Plus it’s really a cheap added cost. And I already have the custom loop, and it won’t take away much from flow rate if any. 

Sorry I’m stubborn lol. I got one, and I’m excited to give it a go. 

😁

BC8A03E3-C417-4EAA-A378-356FDF336738.jpeg

If you needed a large capacity drive AND you already have a loop in place why not? 🙂

Overkill? Probably, but ah well. 🙂

• Thumb Up 1

Electrosoft Prime: 7950X3D | MSI X670E Carbon  | MSI Suprim X Liquid 4090 | AC LF II 420 | G.Skill 6000 A-Die 2x32GB | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB | EVGA 1600w P2 | Phanteks Ethroo Pro | Alienware AW3225QF 32" OLED

MelMel:  AMD Ryzen 5 7600x | Asus B650 Prime | Powercolor Spectra White 7900XTX | Asus Ryugin III 240mm AIO | M-die 2x16GB Custom | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB | EVGA P2 850w | Hyte Y40 | BenQ 32" 4k
Heath: i9-12900k | EVGA CLC 280 | Asus Strix Z690 D4 | Asus Strix 3080 | 32GB DDR4 2x16GB B-Die 4000  | WD Black SN850 512GB |  EVGA DG-77 | Samsung G7 32" 144hz 32"

Eurocom Raptor X15 | 12900k | Nvidia RTX 3070ti | 15.6" 1080p 240hz | Kingston 3200 32GB (2x16GB) | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB Heatsink Edition

10 minutes ago, electrosoft said:

If you needed a large capacity drive AND you already have a loop in place why not? 🙂

Well, it’s also easy. Another item that’s worth water cooling is system ram. But it’s too expensive to do it right. 

• Thumb Up 1

13900KF

2 hours ago, electrosoft said:

overkill, you say? nah, we generally dont do that around here.... 

hysterical-laughter.gif.8b22d260ab745a468e9fb0403a94bcb1.gif

• Thumb Up 1
  • Haha 3

The problem with watercooling SSDs and memory is the added complexity, cost and risk can easily outweigh the benefits. You're not going to water cool the M.2(s) installed under your GPU and you're going to add tremendous cost (i.e. extra fittings and plumbing) to the system, not to mention additional points for catastrophic failure to occur due to water leakage. If you want your system to look nice, forget about that. It will be a rat's nest of tubing. The only "right way" would be for the large M.2 heat sinks on today's systems to become one great big water block that cool all of them at once and has single inlet and outlet ports.

I was initially very resistant to the idea of water cooling memory, and would still be today, except for the EKWB water distribution manifold. That added two extra water lines to my system. It made it a lot easier, but more complex, more subject to mechanical failure, and less aesthetically pleasing. Had it not been for the EKWB manifold, I never would have considered doing it. Adding short runs of tubing between the RAM and CPU and GPU waterblocks would have just made a terrible mess that is a nightmare to work on and an eyesore to look at.

Even though I found a way to do it in a fairly elegant manner using that manifold, my preference would still be that the memory ran cool enough without having to remove the worthless garbage stock heat sinks to employ a complex and costly alternative. Because the companies that manufacture computer parts and charge lots of money for them frequently do things in a half-a$$ed manner we are left with finding solutions to the problems they create for us.

I also stop and think about how often NVMe/SSD thermal throttling has been a problem for me personally. I am unable to identify a point where it has ever been a problem, even on laptops I have owned. If it was, it wasn't severe enough that I noticed and I have never observed the temperatures go high enough for it to be a concern.

• Thumb Up 6

Wraith // Z790 Apex | 14900KF | 4090 Suprim X+Byksi Block | 48GB DDR5-8600 | Toughpower GF3 1650W | MO-RA3 360 | Hailea HC-500A || O11D XL EVO

Banshee // Z790 Apex Encore | 13900KS | 4090 Gaming OC+Alphacool Block | 48GB DDR5-8600 | RM1200x SHIFT | XT45 1080 Nova || Antec C8

Spectre // Z790i Edge | 14900KF | 3090 Ti FTW3 | 48GB DDR5-8200 | RM1000e | EK Nucleus CR360 Direct Die || Prime A21

Methuselah // X79 Rampage IV Gene | Xeon E5 1680V2 | 2080 Ti | 32GB DDR3-2400 | GameMax 850W | EK Nucleus CR360 Dark || Prime AP201

Half-Breed // Dell Precision 7720 | BGA CPU Filth+MXM Quadro P5000 | 4K Display | Sub-$500 Grade A Refurb | Nothing to Write Home About

Mr. Fox YouTube Channel | Mr. Fox @ HWBOT

The average response time for a 911 call is 10 minutes. The response time of a .357 is 1400 feet per second. 

Guys i need your help a little, probably ill build my desktop in the near future, after +10 year only mobile, im a little out of touch 😁. What i know for sure is that the case will be Lian li O11 Evo dynamic and the CPU 7900x.

What i need is help with choosing the PSU: Ideally i want a 1000w white one but didnt find any in EU or im to stupid 😄.

Right now i have on the list RM1000x, EVGA G6 and Seasonic GX 1000. What should i choose for the future RDNA 3 or RTX4xxx. Or is another that i should get. Didnt find any atx 3.0 right now. Im leaning on the Corsair right now.

LE: forgot about the be quiet Straight Power 11 1000w +80 platinium..any good?

• Thumb Up 3
  • Bump 1

7950X3D| Zotac 4090 AMP Extreme Airo| MSI MPG B650 Edge Wifi| Lian Li Galahad 360 V2| 32GB Kingston Renegade RGBZ 6000|Kingston KC3000 2TB| Fury Renegade 2TB|Samsung 970 Evo 1TB| Lian Li O11 Dynamic Evo| Corsair HX1500i| Samsung Odyssey G9 Neo

Asus Zephyrus G15 (Ryzen 9 6900HS + RTX3080)

27 minutes ago, cylix said:

Guys i need your help a little, probably ill build my desktop in the near future, after +10 year only mobile, im a little out of touch 😁. What i know for sure is that the case will be Lian li O11 Evo dynamic and the CPU 7900x.

What i need is help with choosing the PSU: Ideally i want a 1000w white one but didnt find any in EU or im to stupid 😄.

Right now i have on the list RM1000x, EVGA G6 and Seasonic GX 1000. What should i choose for the future RDNA 3 or RTX4xxx. Or is another that i should get. Didnt find any atx 3.0 right now. Im leaning on the Corsair right now.

LE: forgot about the be quiet Straight Power 11 1000w +80 platinium..any good?

If you're building from scratch, a build thread like @jaybee83 would be nice to see bro. 🙂

• Thumb Up 2
  • Like 1

So far on eBay, sell through rate of 4090's is about 35-40% (versus near 100% in 2021 for scalped 3090's) and overall pricing on average is not far above MSRP after the initial day 1-2 rush (versus as the insane pricing of 2021).

It took my Microcenters 3-4 days to sell out of their initial batch of 4090s.

It is nowhere near like the Pandemic/Crypto days for scalpers.

Expect pricing to normalize sooner than later.

On the flip side, two KPE 3090ti's sold on eBay. One for new for $2900 and a used one for $2100 in the last few days.

• Thumb Up 2