NotebookTalk

*Official Benchmark Thread* - Post it here or it didn't happen :D

Mr. Fox

21 hours ago, Mr. Fox said:

100% load at over 300W sustained for 5 minutes is more severe than real-world testing. Most workloads, and especially on a "gaming PC" scenario, do not come anywhere close to that. This is also why stressing a CPU for hours is kind of stupid and pointless. All one is accomplishing in doing so is potential fatigue of the silicon. It is neither helping nor proving anything.

Please, the fearless shunt-modding, delidding, uberoverclocking bad... @Mr. Fox is concerned with running a 30 min CB loop on the grounds of a possible silicon degradation. Made my evening here sir :)) 

While, it's true that gamers probably never get close to 300W on a 13900K, you can look at it as running 300W for 30 min instead of 150W for an hour.

Anyway, I'm not saying 30 min @ 300W or bust, but rather just suggesting it would be interesting to see how long until the temps achieve stable state (since they clearly didn't in your results). At 300W one would have thought that 10 mins would have been enough.

21 hours ago, Mr. Fox said:

Demonstrating the thermal qualities of one particular case and fan configuration is outside the scope of testing a cooling solution and would merely convolute the results, especially comparing against an external radiator. That would be useful to demonstrate the superiority of an open bench or external radiator, but not a useful test otherwise. It might be more relevant inside of a case with a custom loop and 360mm radiator of similar dimensions. Again, this was a test of the AIO and not an opportunity to showcase the benefit of a custom loop and open bench instead of an AIO. The more relevant data was the comparison of the air cooler to the AIO. That is where the real world benefit would be most easily relatable and recognized by the average gamerboy.

Enough with the grilling, you ran a quick test on your setup, instead of spending half a day swapping AIOs in a case, like Tomshardware allegedly did here:

https://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/lia-li-galahad-II-performance

Case Be Quiet! Silent Base 802, system fans set to speed 1 setting.

I am not sure what to think about their review. -6C is an awful lot for what is essentially the same type of cooling tech, especially if derBauer's data on the merits of 4000RPM pump is is correct. I suppose that 30% thicker radiator and 3000 RPM 100cfm  high static pressure fans must have had some effect though...

20 hours ago, Papusan said:

From the AIO review I posted from Tomshardware...

From Der8auers testing of flow rate.... If the pump speed is already good... Max it out won't get much more gain. Never reduce the pump speed too much on an AIO. The cold plate will clogg down much faster than it has to be. And not as easy as clean it up as an custom loop. 

Capture.thumb.JPG.1aa24c2cd59d029ddc50fdeb3d81c103.JPG

Wow. Hmm, can anyone confirm this? So, basically AIO pump speeds over 2000RPM are marketing gimmicks? Would be easy enough for me to check 2000RPM vs 3000RPM, just not now unfortunately.

20 hours ago, Papusan said:

Just run it at full speed. Not much noise cioming from the pump. It won't bother me. But I don't have an tiny small pc box sitting on my desk barely 40cm from my 🙂

I wasn't concerned about the lack of PWM control in LFII because I wanted to dial the pump down, I was concerned because I wasn't sure if the pump was working correctly.

• Thumb Up 1

"We're rushing towards a cliff, but the closer we get, the more scenic the views are."

-- Max Tegmark

AI: Major Emerging Existential Threat To Humanity

6 minutes ago, Etern4l said:

Wow. Hmm, can anyone confirm this? So, basically AIO pump speeds over 2000RPM are marketing gimmicks? Would be easy enough for me to check 2000RPM vs 3000RPM, just not now unfortunately.

I wouldn't put much into this. I don't think you can compare the efficiency with pump in AIOs with pumps in custom loops. They can be a lot weaker and they are much smaller. Hence I think they will perform best at max speed.

• Thumb Up 2

"The Killer"  ASUS ROG Z790 Apex Encore | 14900KS | 4090 HOF + 20 other graphics cards | 32GB DDR5 | Be Quiet! Dark Power Pro 12 - 1500 Watt | Second PSU - Cooler Master V750 SFX Gold 750W (For total of 2250W Power) | Corsair Obsidian 1000D | Custom Cooling | Asus ROG Strix XG27AQ 27" Monitors |

Papusan @ HWBOTTeam PremaMod @ HWBOT | Papusan @ YouTube Channel

3 minutes ago, Papusan said:

I wouldn't put much into this. I don't think you can compare the efficiency with pump in AIOs with pumps in custom loops. They can be a lot weaker. Hence they perform best at max speed.

Makes sense. Still, just looking at the flow rates, his testing suggests there are seriously diminishing returns at some point.

• Thumb Up 1

"We're rushing towards a cliff, but the closer we get, the more scenic the views are."

-- Max Tegmark

AI: Major Emerging Existential Threat To Humanity

And now the Tech Tuber war have started. Gamers Nexus/Hardware Unboxed Vs LTT. 

Essentially, old school tech testing vs tech entertainment. Going to be very divisive on YT.

EDIT: Jayz is staying far from this potential conflict, lol. 

2nd EDIT: I can't believe how much of the tech tuber community is on Gamer Nexus's side. Of course, the LTT fanbase is calling GN and others out. I curious to how the LTT "CEO" is going to handle this. Unfortunately for Steve at GN, I think his video about LTT is going to hurt him, even though this is very much constructive criticism in its purest form. There are too many kiddos that watch and love Linus and his antics. 

• Thumb Up 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Bump 1

Connecticut Citizens Defense League: Carry On!

2 hours ago, Rage Set said:

Essentially, old school tech testing vs tech entertainment. Going to be very divisive on YT.

2nd EDIT: I can't believe how much of the tech tuber community is on Gamer Nexus's side. Of course, the LTT fanbase is calling GN and others out. I curious to how the LTT "CEO" is going to handle this. Unfortunately for Steve at GN, I think his video about LTT is going to hurt him, even though this is very much constructive criticism in its purest form. There are too many kiddos that watch and love Linus and his antics. 

I stopped watching LTT probably around the time they did a few laptop reviews (Asus with AIO, Clevo p870 SLI) . I think they just take too much time to do appropriately and with respect to his business (obviously does quite well), I don't think he can put adequate time into them. 

Not sure what they have been up to lately beyond the occasional WAN show clip. 

I think both have their merits, I would lean towards GN without having seen the video yet but I plan to watch once I get home, was a 13 hour work day so barely having my first meal in a bit. 

• Thumb Up 4

3 hours ago, Etern4l said:

I am not sure what to think about their review. -6C is an awful lot for what is essentially the same type of cooling tech, especially if derBauer's data on the merits of 4000RPM pump is is correct.

It seems errors in the reviews is more common than you think. Look at this nice mess from LTT🙂 Look especially on the bolded.

09:05 - Bad Data from Linus Tech Tips

10:12 - GPU Review Errors

15:02 - CPU Cooler Test Errors

19:09 - PSU Review Errors

19:53 - CPU Review Errors

39:22 - Unfair to Consumers, Manufacturers, & Reviewers

37 minutes ago, Reciever said:

I stopped watching LTT probably around the time they did a few laptop reviews (Asus with AIO, Clevo p870 SLI) . I think they just take too much time to do appropriately and with respect to his business (obviously does quite well), I don't think he can put adequate time into them. 

Can't remember last time I saw a video from LTT. And i hate all the ads in his videos. One of the worse.

• Thumb Up 2

"The Killer"  ASUS ROG Z790 Apex Encore | 14900KS | 4090 HOF + 20 other graphics cards | 32GB DDR5 | Be Quiet! Dark Power Pro 12 - 1500 Watt | Second PSU - Cooler Master V750 SFX Gold 750W (For total of 2250W Power) | Corsair Obsidian 1000D | Custom Cooling | Asus ROG Strix XG27AQ 27" Monitors |

1 hour ago, Papusan said:

It seems errors in the reviews is more common than you think. Look at this nice mess from LTT🙂 Look especially on the bolded.

09:05 - Bad Data from Linus Tech Tips

10:12 - GPU Review Errors

15:02 - CPU Cooler Test Errors

19:09 - PSU Review Errors

19:53 - CPU Review Errors

39:22 - Unfair to Consumers, Manufacturers, & Reviewers

Can't remember last time I saw a video from LTT. And i hate all the ads in his videos. One of the worse.

Agreed, quite a few plugs but, got to pay the bills. I skip them of course for the most part or end the video early if I'm active at my pc. 

Just finished watching the video, it's critical but not trashy. Obviously LTT could double down and they have a huge audience. It was done well enough to be taken constructively. Just my opinion of course. 

I did chuckle a bit when GN brought up the point of not being able to put enough time into their videos, which was my critique of their content before watching GN's video. The issue also kind stems from the problem youtubers face when wanting to dial back down. The channel is LTT which means Linus, which mean he has to be introduced, informed, approve the script, do the video, edit, qc it, post it and on to the next one basically immediately? 

It's amazing he could do it this long, I don't know if I could do it. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Etern4l said:

Please, the fearless shunt-modding, delidding, uberoverclocking bad... @Mr. Fox is concerned with running a 30 min CB loop on the grounds of a possible silicon degradation. Made my evening here sir :)) 

A lot of people don't know this about me because of the things I do that they see causes them to assume that I constantly abuse my components, but most of the time I pamper and baby my hardware. I almost never run long and extended strenuous stress tests on CPUs or video cards. Yes, I do overclock the crap out of them but usually only for short bursts, never extended stress. Everything is always overclocked but rarely subjected to extended stress.

I prefer drag racing over gran prix and I would prefer landing a single death blow over winning a fight. In and out, maximum damage with minimal effort. Take a bazooka to a knife fight.

• Thumb Up 3
  • Haha 2

Wraith // Z790 Apex | 14900KF | 4090 Suprim X+Byksi Block | 48GB DDR5-8600 | Toughpower GF3 1650W | MO-RA3 360 | Hailea HC-500A || O11D XL EVO
Banshee // Z790 Apex Encore | 13900KS | 4090 Gaming OC+Alphacool Block | 48GB DDR5-8600 | RM1200x SHIFT | XT45 1080 Nova || Dark Base Pro 901
Munchkin // Z790i Edge | 14900KF | Arc A770 Phantom Gaming OC | 48GB DDR5-8200 | GameMax 850W | EK Nucleus CR360 Dark || Prime AP201 
Half-Breed // Dell Precision 7720 | BGA CPU Filth+MXM Quadro P5000 | Sub-$500 Grade A Refurb || Nothing to Write Home About  

Mr. Fox YouTube Channel | Mr. Fox @ HWBOT

The average response time for a 911 call is 10 minutes. The response time of a .357 is 1400 feet per second. 

8 hours ago, Rage Set said:

I might have missed something. Busy day today. Is there a video that you are referring to brother? 

• Thumb Up 1

Wraith // Z790 Apex | 14900KF | 4090 Suprim X+Byksi Block | 48GB DDR5-8600 | Toughpower GF3 1650W | MO-RA3 360 | Hailea HC-500A || O11D XL EVO
Banshee // Z790 Apex Encore | 13900KS | 4090 Gaming OC+Alphacool Block | 48GB DDR5-8600 | RM1200x SHIFT | XT45 1080 Nova || Dark Base Pro 901
Munchkin // Z790i Edge | 14900KF | Arc A770 Phantom Gaming OC | 48GB DDR5-8200 | GameMax 850W | EK Nucleus CR360 Dark || Prime AP201 
Half-Breed // Dell Precision 7720 | BGA CPU Filth+MXM Quadro P5000 | Sub-$500 Grade A Refurb || Nothing to Write Home About  

The average response time for a 911 call is 10 minutes. The response time of a .357 is 1400 feet per second. 

17 minutes ago, Mr. Fox said:

I might have missed something. Busy day today. Is there a video that you are referring to brother? 

See the links in my previous post. Gamers Nexus talking about LTT

• Thumb Up 1

To be fair, the writing was on the wall as GN had posted a couple of videos IIRC basically saying that they wouldnt hold back with criticism if they saw something that looked untoward, I think that was mostly in relation to how LTT handled the backpacks thing a while back.

Obviously its not as if they are targeting LTT, but they were on the radar at the time. At least that was my impression at the time.

• Thumb Up 3
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Reciever said:

To be fair, the writing was on the wall as GN had posted a couple of videos IIRC basically saying that they wouldnt hold back with criticism if they saw something that looked untoward, I think that was mostly in relation to how LTT handled the backpacks thing a while back.

Obviously its not as if they are targeting LTT, but they were on the radar at the time. At least that was my impression at the time.

True, shots were fired in regards to the backpack and screwdriver but even then I think GN was holding back on a lot of things due to LTTs position in the industry and knowing once they went down that road there was no closing Pandora's Box.

When LTT made a couple of comments about GN previously, that was when the gloves came off.

I watched the GN LTT video start to finish and my take was lots of testing errors on LTTs part and auctioning off Billet Labs prototype monoblock for charity when GN is reporting BL wanted it back. There's a lot of "we said/they said" in regards to the monoblock chain of ownership.

I've always watched LTT and will continue to watch it quite simply for the entertainment. Thinking about it, I can't recall the last time I took any of their results seriously but I always enjoy their slapstick content. I do what anyone should do and watch/read multiple resources about any given product and draw my own conclusions.

Now we have Linus responding and GN responding to that response here:

This is the part where it gets sloppy and messy. Linus being Linus and Steve being Steve and outside of some sloppy testing methodology and redundant results checking, this will get lots of views. Other channels will wade in with their opinions and I think this is going to hurt GN more than LTT but both will carry on.

Personally, I prefer HUB over both of them but that's just me for mainsteam'ish tech channels.

• Thumb Up 4

Electrosoft Prime: 7950X3D | MSI X670E Carbon  | MSI Suprim X Liquid 4090 | AC LF II 420 | G.Skill 6000 A-Die 2x32GB | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB | EVGA 1600w P2 | Phanteks Ethroo Pro | Alienware AW3225QF 32" OLED

MelMel:  AMD Ryzen 5 7600x | Asus B650 Prime | Powercolor Spectra White 7900XTX | Asus Ryugin III 240mm AIO | M-die 2x16GB Custom | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB | EVGA P2 850w | Hyte Y40 | BenQ 32" 4k
Heath: i9-12900k | EVGA CLC 280 | Asus Strix Z690 D4 | Asus Strix 3080 | 32GB DDR4 2x16GB B-Die 4000  | WD Black SN850 512GB |  EVGA DG-77 | Samsung G7 32" 144hz 32"

Eurocom Raptor X15 | 12900k | Nvidia RTX 3070ti | 15.6" 1080p 240hz | Kingston 3200 32GB (2x16GB) | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB Heatsink Edition

Well, the new 3DMark Solar Bay benchmark is quite the joke. Another sloppy mess from the clowns at UL.  It is designed for laptops, so maybe the thought process is that it is a toy, not a tool, and accuracy doesn't matter.

It seems very unpredictable and unreliable. Very wild extremes in scoring between runs. In less than a dozen runs on the same system I am seeing a spread of more than 10,000 3DMarks. Some people are posting illogically high benchmark scores without GPU overclocking and I think there are a lot of bugged submissions. 

It does pull some hefty watts with the ray tracing in spite of the erratic results. There is no CPU scoring and changes to CPU clocks doesn't seem to affect much.

Example: all over the board, erratic results (same computer, only minutes apart) and the same erratic and inaccurate scoring is visible looking at details in the 3DMark Hall of Fame.

image.thumb.png.b56c3bc747b4d1a09dffd2f9639baa04.png

5 hours ago, electrosoft said:

True, shots were fired in regards to the backpack and screwdriver but even then I think GN was holding back on a lot of things due to LTTs position in the industry and knowing once they went down that road there was no closing Pandora's Box.

When LTT made a couple of comments about GN previously, that was when the gloves came off.

I watched the GN LTT video start to finish and my take was lots of testing errors on LTTs part and auctioning off Billet Labs prototype monoblock for charity when GN is reporting BL wanted it back. There's a lot of "we said/they said" in regards to the monoblock chain of ownership.

I've always watched LTT and will continue to watch it quite simply for the entertainment. Thinking about it, I can't recall the last time I took any of their results seriously but I always enjoy their slapstick content. I do what anyone should do and watch/read multiple resources about any given product and draw my own conclusions.

This is the part where it gets sloppy and messy. Linus being Linus and Steve being Steve and outside of some sloppy testing methodology and redundant results checking, this will get lots of views. Other channels will wade in with their opinions and I think this is going to hurt GN more than LTT but both will carry on.

Personally, I prefer HUB over both of them but that's just me for mainsteam'ish tech channels.

I find all of this puzzling and unamusing. I've never looked to LTT for valuable information. It has always been entertainment with a PC tech theme, and I don't really understand why Steve or anyone else gives a rat's butt about the flawed information from LTT. He could point out that the results are inconsistent with his own testing and the testing of others without starting a schoolgirl cat fight. The kiddos that believe everything they hear or watch on YouTube aren't the sharpest tools in the shed. If not Linus, they'll believe some other source of nonsense that entertains them.

It wouldn't surprise me to see a lot of erroneous information from LTT and other YouTubers, but I doubt the mistakes and random manifestations of incompetence are deliberate or with nefarious intent. That only helps Gamers Nexus stand out as being more accurate. All too stupid for me to want to burn any calories caring about it, or how it ends.

• Thumb Up 2
  • Bump 1

30 minutes ago, Mr. Fox said:

Well, the new 3DMark Solar Bay benchmark is quite the joke. Another sloppy mess from the clowns at UL.  It is designed for laptops, so maybe the thought process is that it is a toy, not a tool, and accuracy doesn't matter.

It seem very unpredictable and unreliable. Very wild extremes in scoring between runs. In less than a dozen runs on the same system I am seeing a spread of more than 10,000 3DMarks. Some people are posting illogically high benchmark scores without GPU overclocking and I think there are a lot of bugged submissions. 

This just follow the tech trend........ 

• Thumb Up 1

23 minutes ago, Papusan said:

This just follow the tech trend........ 

Deliberately broken garbage priced the same as the less broken garbage. 1.100V was already too low, and 1.070V is moving in the wrong direction, and for the wrong reasons. That makes about as much sense as telling someone the solution to their overheating car is to drive slower rather than telling them to clean their clogged radiator. That's the new trend in tech. It works really well and it is easy to execute with so many stupid people in play.

• Thumb Up 1
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, Mr. Fox said:

Deliberately broken garbage priced the same as the less broken garbage. That's the new trend in tech. It works really well and it is easy to execute with so many stupid people in play.

As long people are willing to buy it... It will continue. And the trend have been here a long time. So +90% garbage and below 10% is avesome. 

And why suddenly we see this new flod of problems pop up? CM have shipped the same adapters and in same package in months. No in Hell they suddenly used the wrong shipping package.

• Thumb Up 2

30 minutes ago, Mr. Fox said:

It seem very unpredictable and unreliable. Very wild extremes in scoring between runs. In less than a dozen runs on the same system I am seeing a spread of more than 10,000 3DMarks. Some people are posting illogically high benchmark scores without GPU overclocking and I think there are a lot of bugged submissions. 

It does pull some hefty watts with the ray tracing in spite of the erratic results. There is no CPU scoring and changes to CPU clocks doesn't seem to affect much.

Example: all over the board, erratic results (same computer, only minutes apart) and the same erratic and inaccurate scoring is visible looking at details in the 3DMark Hall of Fame.

image.thumb.png.b56c3bc747b4d1a09dffd2f9639baa04.png

I find all of this puzzling and unamusing. I've never looked to LTT for valuable information. It has always been entertainment with a PC tech theme, and I don't really understand why Steve or anyone else gives a rat's butt about the flawed information from LTT. He could point out that the results are inconsistent with his own testing and the testing of others without starting a schoolgirl cat fight. The kiddos that believe everything they hear or watch on YouTube aren't the sharpest tools in the shed. If not Linus, they'll believe some other source of nonsense that entertains them.

It wouldn't surprise me to see a lot of erroneous information from LTT and other YouTubers, but I doubt the mistakes and random manifestations of incompetence are deliberate or with nefarious intent. That only helps Gamers Nexus stand out as being more accurate. All too stupid for me to want to burn any calories caring about it, or how it ends.

GN's video was pointing a lot of flaws but it was still quite professional in nature and easily could've been an easy way for LTT to just accept the L, and improve. Both parties would've been better for it. Sadly, Linus doesn't seem able to look at the bigger picture (quite possibly by nature of his work environment), instead taking it personally. 

The reason GN is reporting on it, is mostly due to LTT touting their test lab as an empirical data driven location for their reviews, which is not their usual domain. There's bound to be growing pains, but unfortunately and/or fortunately they were already chest beating against HUB and GN. Thus, here we are lol 

• Thumb Up 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Papusan said:

As long people are willing to buy it... It will continue. And the trend have been here a long time. So +90% garbage and below 10% is avesome. 

We will all get to enjoy what the lowest common denominators are willing to put up with. It was the same story with turdbooks. I think they were the POC and testbed for the boundaries of stupidity. The discovery was that there aren't any.

5 minutes ago, Reciever said:

GN's video was pointing a lot of flaws but it was still quite professional in nature and easily could've been an easy way for LTT to just accept the L, and improve. Both parties would've been better for it. Sadly, Linus doesn't seem able to look at the bigger picture (quite possibly by nature of his work environment), instead taking it personally. 

The reason GN is reporting on it, is mostly due to LTT touting their test lab as an empirical data driven location for their reviews, which is not their usual domain. There's bound to be growing pains, but unfortunately and/or fortunately they were already chest beating against HUB and GN. Thus, here we are lol 

Ah, now that makes more sense. Thank you for sharing the additional insight. It's doesn't excuse the childish reaction and whizzing contest, but the reason for it is clearer now. 👍

• Thumb Up 2
  • Like 1

On 8/14/2023 at 9:40 PM, Mr. Fox said:

Dell mentality

And as usual... Dell often come into the spotlight. Sad the fine is all too low. Should have been 10 times higher. 

Dell fined $6.5M after admitting it made overpriced monitors look discounted

Dell Australia is paying for something many of its peers are guilty of.

Unfortunately, for shoppers, even if Dell makes good on its word and eliminates tactics that make typical or bad prices seem like deals, the practice is common among consumer tech vendors.

Dell spokesperson said that the whole thing was “an error in Dell’s pricing process.” Sure!

1 hour ago, Mr. Fox said:

We will all get to enjoy what the lowest common denominators are willing to put up with. It was the same story with turdbooks. I think they were the POC and testbed for the boundaries of stupidity. The discovery was that there aren't any.

Be you sure... This will also come for the more powerful Nvidia graphics SKUs who have the 12+4 connector. People want design over functionality. On top... You get worse cooling.

Better with fancy features as hidden cable/connector than better cooling. You can't have it both. This is the new in cute \design vs functionality. Imagine this with the 12+4 power connector where people babysit their ticking bombs 24/7. Now they'll get more works. They have to remove the cover to check their 12VHPWR connector. Maybe several time a day, LOOL

Poor that little screw head and screw holes after massive use of an screwdriver, HaHa

INNO3D-GeForce-RTX-4070-12GB-Twin-X2-OC-White-Stealth-Cable-Management-3-768x412.jpg

https://videocardz.com/newz/inno3d-launches-geforce-rtx-4070-twin-x2-with-stealth-cable-management

• Thumb Up 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Reciever said:

its hilarious to see my lady all of a sudden following the tech tuber drama like shes part of the tech community. drama at its finest drawing in the masses! 😄 

• Thumb Up 3
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Mine: Hyperion "Titan God of Heat, Heavenly Light, Power" (2022-24)
AMD Ryzen 9 7950X (custom TG IHS) / Asus ROG Crosshair X670E Extreme / MSI Geforce RTX 4090 Suprim X / Teamgroup T-Force Delta RGB DDR5-8200 2x24 GB / Seagate Firecuda 530 4 TB / 5x Samsung 860 Evo 4 TB / Arctic Liquid Freezer II 420 (Push/Pull 6x Noctua NF-A14 IndustrialPPC-3000 intake) / Seasonic TX-1600 W Titanium / Phanteks Enthoo Pro 2 TG (3x Arctic P12 A-RGB intake / 4x Arctic P14 A-RGB exhaust / 1x Arctic P14 A-RGB RAM cooling) / Samsung Odyssey Neo G8 32" 4K 240 Hz / Ducky One 3 Daybreak Fullsize Cherry MX Brown / Corsair M65 Ultra RGB / PDP Afterglow Wave Black

My Lady's: Clevo NH55JNNQ "Alfred" (2022-24)
Sharp LQ156M1JW03 FHD matte 15.6" IGZO 8 bit @248 Hz / Intel Core i5 12600 / Nvidia Geforce RTX 3070 Ti / Mushkin Redline DDR4-3200 2x32 GB / Samsung 970 Pro 1 TB / Samsung 870 QVO 8 TB / Intel AX201 WIFI 6+BT 5.2 / Win 11 Pro Phoenix Lite OS / 230 W PSU powered by Prema Mod!

30 minutes ago, jaybee83 said:

its hilarious to see my lady all of a sudden following the tech tuber drama like shes part of the tech community. drama at its finest drawing in the masses! 😄 

LTT under fire 🙂

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Reciever said:

I am on the side of GN. Both Steve and Linus have an egotistical mindset, however, Steve usually uses his for the good of all consumers. I have commented on his video that I will be supporting him and I have also privately email him (he responded to me in both). I told him I wanted to support his work because I now know these videos are going to hurt him and his team. LTT is a powerful corporation and Steve's videos will have major ramifications. He knows it.

Some of LTT's fanbase are claiming that these videos were Steve's last ditch effort to somehow damage LTT's lab efforts (i.e. Steve is somehow afraid that LTT labs are going to kill his technical reviews). Laughable. 

• Thumb Up 2
  • Like 2
  • Bump 1

I am on the side of GN. Both Steve and Linus have an egotistical mindset, however, Steve usually uses his for the good of all consumers. I have commented on his video that I will be supporting him and I have also privately email him (he responded to me in both). I told him I wanted to support his work because I now know these videos are going to hurt him and his team. LTT is a powerful corporation and Steve's videos will have major ramifications. He knows it.

Some of LTT's fanbase are claiming that these videos were Steve's last ditch effort to somehow damage LTT's lab efforts (i.e. Steve is somehow afraid that LTT labs are going to kill his technical reviews). Laughable. 

So much drama...

It's unfortunate that everything around us is so polarized and so many people are combative and hateful. It causes me to lose respect for the instigators of division and controversy. Otherwise, I respect a person's right to have a differing opinion. I am all for hating the sin, but loving the sinner. When you do the exact opposite of that, it's way too messed up to put up with. They don't need to be buddies, but they should bury the hatchet. If Steve will take the high road, the rest of this will take care of itself. Steve generally focuses on facts and has data to back it up, and when you consistently do that the crap starts floating to the surface. Nobody likes to be told their baby is ugly, but Linus needs to put on his big boy pants. When you come up with numbers that don't match up with anything else, smart fellas know that it warrants another look. Measure twice, cut once.

• Thumb Up 3
  • Like 2
  • Bump 1

55 minutes ago, Mr. Fox said:

So much drama...

It's unfortunate that everything around us is so polarized and so many people are combative and hateful. It causes me to lose respect for the instigators of division and controversy. Otherwise, I respect a person's right to have a differing opinion. I am all for hating the sin, but loving the sinner. When you do the exact opposite of that, it's way too messed up to put up with. They don't need to be buddies, but they should bury the hatchet. If Steve will take the high road, the rest of this will take care of itself. Steve generally focuses on facts and has data to back it up, and when you consistently do that the crap starts floating to the surface. Nobody likes to be told their baby is ugly, but Linus needs to put on his big boy pants. When you come up with numbers that don't match up with anything else, smart fellas know that it warrants another look. Measure twice, cut once.

It is all going to blow over shortly. New Hardware from AMD and Intel will mend the wound. The question is will it be infected? 

Back on topic. When I sell this PC, should I get a pre-owned 4090 due to the voltage limit that is on some of the brand new cards or just try my luck at a retail unit?

• Thumb Up 1
  • Like 2
  • Bump 1

6 hours ago, electrosoft said:

It will likely hurt GN initially, simply from the fanbase differential but I expect as long as GN (and not just Steve, of course) maintains their principles then they can stand the test of time. If you think about it from another perspective even if GN then makes a mistake in the future, corrects it and republish then it becomes a swipe at LMG, assuming LMG doesnt take stock of the message conveyed and continues this initial mentality. Thats what I think will be the unfortunate cost of this video.

I used HUB when I was looking at the Aorus 40" 4k 120hz panel, it was very informative but also since I was seriously considering purchase at the time I also looked at some other techtubers (albeit smaller) and a couple of standard article based reviews, but HUB is where I started. Seems to be there niche? It was well done, came away learning about lighting zones, how HDR actually works, the bandwidth limitation of the actual HDMI port, BGR vs RGB. I also check them out for GPU/CPU reviews as well even if GN is where I start, I like there content as well.

I think that is fair. LMG can buy the equipment and the space to do more empirical / data driven types of reviews, but you cant buy experience. You can hire those that have the experience, of course, but you cant throw money at an employee and expect accurate results right off the first draft. Especially so on the type of video assembly line that LMG currently operates under. Obviously for the "most part" that methodology works fine for them but perhaps they need to have different timelines for each genre/category of LMG.

That last comment is nonsense. The equipment is bought and obviously the floor space as well as personnel. Now they just need to build the experience, as, in this "space" they just need to be humble and engage in some serious kaizen.

3 hours ago, jaybee83 said:

Its probably a breath of fresh air for a lot of US viewers, been alot of hum drum a singular topic that is getting really tired of late (to me, at least).

• Thumb Up 6