NotebookTalk

*Official Benchmark Thread* - Post it here or it didn't happen :D

Mr. Fox

1 hour ago, Rage Set said:

Back on topic. When I sell this PC, should I get a pre-owned 4090 due to the voltage limit that is on some of the brand new cards or just try my luck at a retail unit?

If you're planning to do any kind of overclocked benching with it, the only thing that makes any sense is to buy the previously owned 4090 that has not been castrated.

• Thumb Up 1
  • Like 1

Wraith // Z790 Apex | 14900KF | 4090 Suprim X+Byksi Block | 48GB DDR5-8600 | Toughpower GF3 1650W | MO-RA3 360 | Hailea HC-500A || O11D XL EVO
Banshee // Z790 Apex Encore | 13900KS | 4090 Gaming OC+Alphacool Block | 48GB DDR5-8600 | RM1200x SHIFT | XT45 1080 Nova || Dark Base Pro 901
Munchkin // Z790i Edge | 14900KF | Arc A770 Phantom Gaming OC | 48GB DDR5-8200 | GameMax 850W | EK Nucleus CR360 Dark || Prime AP201 
Half-Breed // Dell Precision 7720 | BGA CPU Filth+MXM Quadro P5000 | Sub-$500 Grade A Refurb || Nothing to Write Home About  

Mr. Fox YouTube Channel | Mr. Fox @ HWBOT

The average response time for a 911 call is 10 minutes. The response time of a .357 is 1400 feet per second. 

2 hours ago, Rage Set said:

It is all going to blow over shortly. New Hardware from AMD and Intel will mend the wound. The question is will it be infected? 

Back on topic. When I sell this PC, should I get a pre-owned 4090 due to the voltage limit that is on some of the brand new cards or just try my luck at a retail unit?

Agreed it is the hot button tech drama of the moment. It will eventually subside as something else takes its place. I think this effectively ends any type of friendly working relationship between LTT and GN. 🙂

As for purchasing a 4090: If possible, a pre-nerf 4090 and if warranty is of  any value to you, an Asus or MSI card that follows the SN# and doesn't lock it into the original owner only.

Then if OC is important, hope for >=+1500 mem, >=+3100 clocks.

• Thumb Up 1
  • Like 2

Electrosoft Prime: 7950X3D | MSI X670E Carbon  | MSI Suprim X Liquid 4090 | AC LF II 420 | G.Skill 6000 A-Die 2x32GB | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB | EVGA 1600w P2 | Phanteks Ethroo Pro | Alienware AW3225QF 32" OLED

MelMel:  AMD Ryzen 5 7600x | Asus B650 Prime | Powercolor Spectra White 7900XTX | Asus Ryugin III 240mm AIO | M-die 2x16GB Custom | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB | EVGA P2 850w | Hyte Y40 | BenQ 32" 4k
Heath: i9-12900k | EVGA CLC 280 | Asus Strix Z690 D4 | Asus Strix 3080 | 32GB DDR4 2x16GB B-Die 4000  | WD Black SN850 512GB |  EVGA DG-77 | Samsung G7 32" 144hz 32"

Eurocom Raptor X15 | 12900k | Nvidia RTX 3070ti | 15.6" 1080p 240hz | Kingston 3200 32GB (2x16GB) | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB Heatsink Edition

Two new the last 4 hours. So 4 cases only last 24 hours or 8000$ in smoke. Still no new record 🙂 But there is still a chance for record because people prefer play the Russian Roulette. The sad part.... If you have a good binned Asus card. They can't fix it. Shortage of the teminals for Asus cards and all you get back is money for a new 1.070v revised card. Very nice. But the next graphics card will be brand new. And new is always better bro @Mr. Fox @ryan😁

Black Screens Lead me to check... Another v1 180 degree down - Gigabyte OC 4090

Not much plastic left on these 12v power-pins. Aka bare metal😆 How much more power would be needed to melt the metal so the terminal transforms into smoke and not just melted plastic?

CDN media

Another Strix 4090 victim.

Regarding the LTT war forum thread (passed 231 pages since Monday)... LOOOL

58018?l=eyJyZXNvdXJjZSI6IlwvYXJ0aWtlbFwvYmlsZFwvNTgwMTgiLCJmaWx0ZXJzIjpbImE9MjE6OSIsInQ9cHViQmFubmVyIl0sInBhcmFtcyI6eyJjYWNoZUJ1c3RlciI6IjIwMjEwNTAxIn0sImtleSI6IjBlYzAzYmU3YjBkNmEyM2RkMDI1NjMyMmVhYmEyMWE3In0%3D

https://linustechtips.com/topic/1526180-gamers-nexus-alleges-lmg-has-insufficient-ethics-and-integrity/?do=findComment&comment=16086636

From the post... "I just registered to tell you Linuz - you suck. Its not today or yesterday that sucked. Its just you."

GREEED

Nice way to keep up the disgusting high prices for desktop cards. Limit the production for desktops and rather route it where they get best profits. Yep, rumors but all know that Nvidia only go after max profits.

NVIDIA May Reduce Supply of RTX 4060/4070 Desktop Cards to Make More Notebook GPUs
https://www.hardwaretimes.com/nvidia-may-reduce-supply-of-rtx-4060-4070-desktop-cards-to-make-more-notebook-gpus/

• Thumb Up 1

"The Killer"  ASUS ROG Z790 Apex Encore | 14900KS | 4090 HOF + 20 other graphics cards | 32GB DDR5 | Be Quiet! Dark Power Pro 12 - 1500 Watt | Second PSU - Cooler Master V750 SFX Gold 750W (For total of 2250W Power) | Corsair Obsidian 1000D | Custom Cooling | Asus ROG Strix XG27AQ 27" Monitors |

Papusan @ HWBOTTeam PremaMod @ HWBOT | Papusan @ YouTube Channel

On 8/12/2023 at 9:35 PM, Papusan said:

As you can see... No caps on top of the PCB for the Ryzen chips. Hence why you can delidde this Cpu. Intel should never ever start put caps on both/all sides on the PCB and with no wiggling room for the IHS to move. Hope they change own stupid ideas. Same also change to less sticky glue. FYI.... Their helpers, the so called elite oc'ers (nowadays HW influencers) that promote them use LN2 and they don't usually remove the IHS. 

amd

Btw. Gamers Nexus touch into the new Joke from Dell Alienware... Proprietary design to save the earth, LOOL

Even more caps. Now on all 4 sides of the PCB. Not two or three as for the Ryzen chips. Put the IHS closest possible to the caps will stop the use of any delidders. Intel really know how to please the PC performance enhusiasts. 

13900K vs 15th gen if the coming PCB is real.

Intel-Raptor-Lake-Delidded-CPU-768x511.jpg

200w.webp

intel-emerald-rapids-chip-2.jpg.rendition.intel_.web_.1920.1080.jpg

Intel 15th Gen CPUs to Get Rentable Units: Why Hyper-Threading is Going Away

Intel’s adoption of a hybrid core architecture has significantly changed the roadmap of the PC chipmaking industry.

• Sad 5

"The Killer"  ASUS ROG Z790 Apex Encore | 14900KS | 4090 HOF + 20 other graphics cards | 32GB DDR5 | Be Quiet! Dark Power Pro 12 - 1500 Watt | Second PSU - Cooler Master V750 SFX Gold 750W (For total of 2250W Power) | Corsair Obsidian 1000D | Custom Cooling | Asus ROG Strix XG27AQ 27" Monitors |

Looks like Linus is getting a lot of flak and well deserved, after that weak ass response from him, where he lied regarding  the Billet Cooling Prototype and he still doesn't acknowledge  that they screw those guys bigtime..i mean they lost their 3090ti and sold/actioned that Prototype  without authorization, wtf it can be almost categorized as theft..I canceled all my subs to the lmg channels. He became the thing that he before hated, a greedy ass corporation. Also some ex workers are now coming put and saying what a toxic work environment lgm has become. Also after that weak childish response from him he lost more then 3000 floatplane subscribers..More then a 100k revenue a year.

https://reddit.com/r/LinusTechTips/s/lmzIZhEwPQ

LE> Lol looks like when you lose a big chunk of revenue you go from no WAN video response to a big 22 minutes video :

• Thumb Up 5
  • Haha 2

7950X3D| Zotac 4090 AMP Extreme Airo| MSI MPG B650 Edge Wifi| Lian Li Galahad 360 V2| 32GB Kingston Renegade RGBZ 6000|Kingston KC3000 2TB| Fury Renegade 2TB|Samsung 970 Evo 1TB| Lian Li O11 Dynamic Evo| Corsair HX1500i| Samsung Odyssey G9 Neo

Asus Zephyrus G15 (Ryzen 9 6900HS + RTX3080)

8 hours ago, Papusan said:

58018?l=eyJyZXNvdXJjZSI6IlwvYXJ0aWtlbFwvYmlsZFwvNTgwMTgiLCJmaWx0ZXJzIjpbImE9MjE6OSIsInQ9cHViQmFubmVyIl0sInBhcmFtcyI6eyJjYWNoZUJ1c3RlciI6IjIwMjEwNTAxIn0sImtleSI6IjBlYzAzYmU3YjBkNmEyM2RkMDI1NjMyMmVhYmEyMWE3In0%3D

https://linustechtips.com/topic/1526180-gamers-nexus-alleges-lmg-has-insufficient-ethics-and-integrity/?do=findComment&comment=16086636

From the post... "I just registered to tell you Linuz - you suck. Its not today or yesterday that sucked. Its just you."

See, that's the kind of retarded scumbag troll crap I am fed up with. That person deserves to be tied up naked in public, ridiculed and beaten to the brink of death. I am not defending Linus, but that sort of nonsensical and unsolicited attack by an antagonistic aggressor has gotten out of control. Idiots like this are, unfortunately, allowed to breed and vote. Their irrational hate is contagious and spread by an equally stupid peer group. It is OK for them to behave that way, but God forbid that anyone dare to speak against them or condemn their behavior.

I agree with most of what this fellow has to say. It is respectful, civilized, meaningful and constructive, unlike the troll. https://linustechtips.com/topic/1526180-gamers-nexus-alleges-lmg-has-insufficient-ethics-and-integrity/?do=findComment&comment=16086528

8 hours ago, Sir_Loin_Ofsteak said:

I can understand Linus' reaction to a point. He still sees LMG as a scrappy startup he's poured his blood into to make something of it, and feels an attack on the company is an attack on him personally; something that isn't helped by how much he's very much the face of the company still.

With that said, LMG is now valued at $100m and is not a scrappy startup anymore. Their opinions pull real weight with people, and they are looking to get into serious testing. You CANNOT become a serious testing house with the kind of mistakes being made, and changing company focus towards that at this point could be a disastrous move.

GN's main criticism in the original video is not enough time is being spent; neither in the quality of review testing, nor in overall process management within the company to ensure a debacle like Billet Labs never happens. These are very fair criticisms.

If, as Linus claims, LTT is all about the consumer, then be about us. Slow down, take your time and yeah, spend the extra $500 to do it right. If what LTT is actually about is its bottom line, that's a different direction; stay doing entertainment, which you guys are great at. 

I find all of this extremely disappointing. I really hope the organisation grows in the end and faces up to its failures, and Linus with it. That response to valid concerns was not good...

• Thumb Up 3

Wraith // Z790 Apex | 14900KF | 4090 Suprim X+Byksi Block | 48GB DDR5-8600 | Toughpower GF3 1650W | MO-RA3 360 | Hailea HC-500A || O11D XL EVO
Banshee // Z790 Apex Encore | 13900KS | 4090 Gaming OC+Alphacool Block | 48GB DDR5-8600 | RM1200x SHIFT | XT45 1080 Nova || Dark Base Pro 901
Munchkin // Z790i Edge | 14900KF | Arc A770 Phantom Gaming OC | 48GB DDR5-8200 | GameMax 850W | EK Nucleus CR360 Dark || Prime AP201 
Half-Breed // Dell Precision 7720 | BGA CPU Filth+MXM Quadro P5000 | Sub-$500 Grade A Refurb || Nothing to Write Home About  

The average response time for a 911 call is 10 minutes. The response time of a .357 is 1400 feet per second. 

6 hours ago, cylix said:

Looks like Linus is getting a lot of flak and well deserved, after that weak ass response from him, where he lied regarding  the Billet Cooling Prototype and he still doesn't acknowledge  that they screw those guys bigtime..i mean they lost their 3090ti and sold/actioned that Prototype  without authorization, wtf it can be almost categorized as theft..I canceled all my subs to the lmg channels. He became the thing that he before hated, a greedy ass corporation. Also some ex workers are now coming put and saying what a toxic work environment lgm has become. Also after that weak childish response from him he lost more then 3000 floatplane subscribers..More then a 100k revenue a year.

https://reddit.com/r/LinusTechTips/s/lmzIZhEwPQ

LE> Lol looks like when you lose a big chunk of revenue you go from no WAN video response to a big 22 minutes video :

Anyone else found the fake remorse video unpalatable? (I just watched a few bits)

"LMG".... OMG, a Media Group! I'm disappointed the name is not simply LC - Linus Corporation. Basically a YT site with a few goofy influencing videos a week, but now sporting a CEO, CFO etc. Did he also hire management consultants to help out with this incredibly tricky situation? I have always wondered what the hell they need all that hefty infrastructure for. Is it perhaps that the employees are unhappy that they end up having to cut corners just to pay for all those gigantic and surely unnecessary overheads? Anyway, it's Steve David vs Goliath, and it's not a too big too fail kind of situation. I would not mind if they did, since I found most of their content questionable to pointless (but obviously there is a bunch of happy clientele for that).

Too much influencing BS, not enough objective in depth content, so what did they do? Attempted to bad mouth competition hoping to grab market share that way. Disgusting. Street cred is difficult to gain, and quite easy to lose.

• Thumb Up 3
  • Bump 1

"We're rushing towards a cliff, but the closer we get, the more scenic the views are."

-- Max Tegmark

AI: Major Emerging Existential Threat To Humanity

3 hours ago, Mr. Fox said:

See, that's the kind of retarded scumbag troll crap I am fed up with. That person deserves to be tied up naked in public, ridiculed and beaten to the brink of death. I am not defending Linus, but that sort of nonsensical and unsolicited attack by an antagonistic aggressor has gotten out of control. Idiots like this are, unfortunately, allowed to breed and vote. Their irrational hate is contagious and spread by an equally stupid peer group. It is OK for them to behave that way, but God forbid that anyone dare to speak against them or condemn their behavior.

I agree with most of that this fellow has to say. It is respectful, civilized, meaningful and constructive, unlike the troll. https://linustechtips.com/topic/1526180-gamers-nexus-alleges-lmg-has-insufficient-ethics-and-integrity/?do=findComment&comment=16086528

That fellows post is quite fair, and GN's video is in that same vein in my opinion.

The whole opportunist mindset to dogpile the group that seems to be in the wrong isnt constructive, but sadly expected given the nature of people. The point is to be critical, but not to destroy LMG. Steve has made videos that could be seen that way. Like with the PSU's from Gigabyte or flaming PC Cases, but despite the length of the video its still quite reserved. There was no skit burying a LMG logo in the backyard or anything like that.

The response seems to be more focused on the Billet Labs situation, but it was not the main focus of criticism. Though if I had to take a step back and think on it, its probably because that situation holds the largest legal ramifications where as bad data on reviews would just erode their own market over time.

• Thumb Up 5
  • Like 1

On 8/16/2023 at 8:59 AM, Etern4l said:

Too much influencing BS, not enough objective in depth content, so what did they do? Attempted to bad mouth competition hoping to grab market share that way. Disgusting. Street cred is difficult to gain, and quite easy to lose.

I find the whole concept of influencer and influencee to be laughable and ridiculous. It's sad that (a) influencers, whether thoughtfully appointed or arrogantly self-anointed, even exist; and (b) sad that individuals allow themselves to be influenced by YouTube videos. That doesn't reflect anything good or positive about either party to the "relationship" LOL.

• Thumb Up 4
  • Bump 1

13 minutes ago, Mr. Fox said:

I find the whole concept of influencer and influencee to be laughable and ridiculous. It's sad that (a) influencers, whether thoughtfully appointed or arrogantly self-anointed, even exist; and (b) sad that individuals allow themselves to be influence by YouTube videos. That doesn't reflect anything good or positive about either party to the "relationship" LOL.

Don't look down on the new and modern😆 Influencers have specialized knowledge, authority or insight into a specific subject. We live in modern times bro Fox

200.webp

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Mr. Fox said:

I find the whole concept of influencer and influencee to be laughable and ridiculous. It's sad that (a) influencers, whether thoughtfully appointed or arrogantly self-anointed, even exist; and (b) sad that individuals allow themselves to be influence by YouTube videos. That doesn't reflect anything good or positive about either party to the "relationship" LOL.

Ridiculous? Of course, but I’m finding it hard to laugh at the scale of this sad phenomenon which is fuelled by the vast stupidity, and social media algos designed to exploit it.

The problem with social media influencing, is the underhand nature of it. You are not watching an ad, or infomercial (which would be fair enough) - you are watching a “review” or “industry news”.

Here is one example, going back to what’s wrong with Linus Influencing Computer Enterprises, which ticked me off:

A bunch of platitudes, zero actual benchmarking, no deep analysis, just a huge talking head trying to convince you PCs are done by dousing you with FUD. Disgusting.

The message is simple: “Yes, we took money from Apple for making this, because we can - watch it b…!”

• Thumb Up 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Like 3

"We're rushing towards a cliff, but the closer we get, the more scenic the views are."

-- Max Tegmark

Some more interesting stuff coming to light in the wake of the GN video:

https://www.dexerto.com/tech/ex-linus-tech-tips-employee-alleges-mistreatment-and-poor-conditions-2251613/

https://www.sportskeeda.com/esports/news-i-told-i-chunky-fat-ugly-stupid-youtuber-madison-suop-opens-reveals-left-linus-media-group-amid-recent-controversy

phew this sounds terrible... but sadly this somehow fits the overall LTT working environment were now getting deeper insights into...

• Thumb Up 3
  • Sad 1

Mine: Hyperion "Titan God of Heat, Heavenly Light, Power" (2022-24)
AMD Ryzen 9 7950X (custom TG IHS) / Asus ROG Crosshair X670E Extreme / MSI Geforce RTX 4090 Suprim X / Teamgroup T-Force Delta RGB DDR5-8200 2x24 GB / Seagate Firecuda 530 4 TB / 5x Samsung 860 Evo 4 TB / Arctic Liquid Freezer II 420 (Push/Pull 6x Noctua NF-A14 IndustrialPPC-3000 intake) / Seasonic TX-1600 W Titanium / Phanteks Enthoo Pro 2 TG (3x Arctic P12 A-RGB intake / 4x Arctic P14 A-RGB exhaust / 1x Arctic P14 A-RGB RAM cooling) / Samsung Odyssey Neo G8 32" 4K 240 Hz / Ducky One 3 Daybreak Fullsize Cherry MX Brown / Corsair M65 Ultra RGB / PDP Afterglow Wave Black

My Lady's: Clevo NH55JNNQ "Alfred" (2022-24)
Sharp LQ156M1JW03 FHD matte 15.6" IGZO 8 bit @248 Hz / Intel Core i5 12600 / Nvidia Geforce RTX 3070 Ti / Mushkin Redline DDR4-3200 2x32 GB / Samsung 970 Pro 1 TB / Samsung 870 QVO 8 TB / Intel AX201 WIFI 6+BT 5.2 / Win 11 Pro Phoenix Lite OS / 230 W PSU powered by Prema Mod!

So, Gamer Meld is talking about GPUs and AI and gloomy future ahead. If AMD is not going to offer a high-end GPU, sounds like the prediction is that NVIDIA will also not offer one and save all of its good silicon for AI.  Sad that the latest example of human stupidity (AI) might be screwing things up for us all. Also sad that something so unneeded and unimportant (AI) is getting so much unwarranted attention. Again, another example of how stupid people have become.

• Thumb Up 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 4

7 hours ago, Mr. Fox said:

I agree with most of what this fellow has to say. It is respectful, civilized, meaningful and constructive, unlike the troll. https://linustechtips.com/topic/1526180-gamers-nexus-alleges-lmg-has-insufficient-ethics-and-integrity/?do=findComment&comment=16086528

Constructive criticism is one of the most overuse lies on social media especially on youtube. I see both sides in the wrong and this should of been handled privately instead making this a public sh*tshow for the outrage junkies online. I think GN is more in the wrong because they didnt do it out of the kindness of their hearts more like they did it to increase their subscribers and views to their channel and company and to hurt their major competition which is Linus which i agree that they lost their touch over the years especially how they treat their employees, give out bad information and etc, none of it is good and can easily hurt a company and brand. Its a dirty youtube grifting game with influencers these days, Make videos about popular influencers to take advantage of the current algorithm to gain more subscribers and views especially from people dont like Linus and others, That why so many smaller channels are making videos after videos about it.

Also Linus's response video is pretty bad, he should never responded in the first place because all he is doing damage control which is going to make things worse for him. Never thought this would happen with tech youtubers resorting to sh*t like this

• Thumb Up 3
  • Like 1
  • Bump 1

Current Laptop:

Lenovo Legion 5: AMD Ryzen 7 4800H 2.8Ghz (Boost: 4.2Ghz), 6GB Nvidia Geforce GTX 1660Ti GDDR6 Memory, 15.6" FHD (1920 x 1080) 144Hz IPS display, 32GB 3200MHz DDR4 memory, 512GB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD, 1 TB Teamgroup MP34 M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD, Windows 10 Home 22H2

22 minutes ago, KING19 said:

Constructive criticism is one of the most overuse lies on social media especially on youtube. I see both sides in the wrong and this should of been handled privately instead making this a public sh*tshow for the outrage junkies online. I think GN is more in the wrong because they didnt do it out of the kindness of their hearts more like they did it to increase their subscribers and views to their channel and company and to hurt their major competition which is Linus which i agree that they lost their touch over the years especially how they treat their employees, give out bad information and etc, none of it is good and can easily hurt a company and brand. Its a dirty youtube grifting game with influencers these days, Make videos about popular influencers to take advantage of the current algorithm to gain more subscribers and views especially from people dont like Linus and others, That why so many smaller channels are making videos after videos about it.

Also Linus's response video is pretty bad, he should never responded in the first place because all he is doing damage control which is going to make things worse for him. Never thought this would happen with tech youtubers resorting to sh*t like this

Smart move from Jay'Z when he didn't run into the trap and start make a video of the whole mess with Linus VS GN. Sit quiet in the boat is often smart. But he have learned his lesson from the video they had to withdrawn.

All too many tectubers talk about it. This spread as cancer. Let it blow over. And let Linus get a second chance to clean up.

• Thumb Up 3

19 minutes ago, KING19 said:

I agree. It should have been handled privately. This is a dirty-pool publicity stunt and about as stupid as an elementary school playground fight.

Beware of anyone that offers "constructive criticism" in public view. There is an agenda behind that every time. The more accurate term would be "destructive criticism" and the only way to make it constructive is to go to the other party privately and talk through the concerns. Even people that don't value the information or advice can respect it being handled in private. If that goes south and it needs to be disclosed as a matter of public service, you can at least point to the fact that you made every effort to handle it privately first.

• Thumb Up 3
  • Like 1

If there was a lot of subjectivity and character assassination to hype up the train I would agree. I don't see that here in this instance. I can definitely understand the cynicism given the space this is all taking place in and definitely open to evidence to support the contrary. 

That all being said, regardless of self interest of those involved I don't think a private conversation would've prompted moving the needle in the way it has right now. They have admitted to being aware of the issues and trying to mitigate, develop processes in real time to resolve. We also have no idea if anyone at all has already reached out privately, though any admission of that at this point in time would only be seen as a grift. Probably deservedly so, to be fair. 

LMG is now going to take some time off of output in order to identify issues in how they handle things. Sadly it's not something that a week off can fix since a lot of that is trial and error + experience but it's a great sign. Now the follow up is what remains. 

@jaybee83 saw that come up as well. I'm very reluctant to lay an opinion on that one way or the other due to the timing and nature of it all. That is coming from someone who is abused at work almost regularly, and also aware that HR is not there to protect any employee, ever. I don't know her, nor anyone at LMG so it would all be heresay. Unless she recorded any of that or has receipts its he said/she said.

That all being said I hope all parties can overcome their difficulties and be better organizations as a result as that should in turn mean a better product for us, the consumers. 

• Thumb Up 6
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, KING19 said:

It's funny that people would claim that GN created these LTT videos to gain subscribers and views. The tech community cheered GN on when they called out Intel, Nvidia, AMD, Gigabyte, MSI, Asus, Newegg, Artesian and other tech companies on their bad products, poor customer service policies and misleading marketing/lies. Yet, when it comes to LMG, which is now considered a major tech company, GN is going for clicks and subscribers. 

Love him or hate him, Steve has been like this since the beginning of his channel. As I stated in a previous post in this thread, Steve is egotistical. There is no denying that. But, he is one of the few that uses it for the good, not just to line his pockets. Once he makes a monetized video about adding expensive computer/servers in his home to be cooled by his newly made pool, then I will change my tune. 

• Like 7
  • Bump 1

Connecticut Citizens Defense League: Carry On!

3 hours ago, Rage Set said:

It's funny that people would claim that GN created these LTT videos to gain subscribers and views. The tech community cheered GN on when they called out Intel, Nvidia, AMD, Gigabyte, MSI, Asus, Newegg, Artesian and other tech companies on their bad products, poor customer service policies and misleading marketing/lies. Yet, when it comes to LMG, which is now considered a major tech company, GN is going for clicks and subscribers. 

Love him or hate him, Steve has been like this since the beginning of his channel. As I stated in a previous post in this thread, Steve is egotistical. There is no denying that. But, he is one of the few that uses it for the good, not just to line his pockets. Once he makes a monetized video about adding expensive computer/servers in his home to be cooled by his newly made pool, then I will change my tune. 

Agreed, just a minor correction: L”MG” is a speck of dust on the broader tech sector landscape, but it seems that they are a much larger channel (15.5M subs) than GN (2M) so GN is the underdog and the party who opted to publicly defend themselves against claims of inferior testing methodology. Looks like they did their research too (no doubt lawyers must have been involved). With this new stuff coming out of the woodwork exposing the situation was the right thing to do. I doubt there was any other way, realistically.

Ridiculous to hear about some external investigator coming in. LTT is basically Linus, they can’t use the investigator to kick him out (say if the wife and the new CEO dude decided to have a go on their own), and obviously Linus knows exactly what’s going on in there. it’s not like LMG employs 10k people in two skyscrapers and Linus just landed on Earth after a decade on Mars. I guess the investigator will help identify the fall people on behalf of the “exec team” who must be very busy with something else at the moment. 

• Thumb Up 2

-- Max Tegmark

LMG = laughing my guts out.

But, it's not funny. Just sounds that way. Kind of like cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny 

• Thumb Up 3
  • Haha 1

I say we not pollute this thread with LMG discussion any more. I've said my piece in one dedicated to the matter. 

• Thumb Up 4
  • Thanks 1

Desktop: Ryzen 5 5600X3D | 32 GB RAM | GeForce RTX 3080 | 4 TB SSD | Windows 11

Gigabyte Aorus 16X: Core i7-14650HX | 32 GB RAM | GeForce RTX 4070 | 1 TB SSD | Windows 11

Lenovo IdeaPad 3 Gaming: Ryzen 7 6800H | 16 GB RAM | GeForce RTX 3050 | 512 GB SSD | Windows 11

Lenovo IdeaPad 5 Pro: Ryzen 5 5600U | 16 GB RAM | Radeon Graphics | 512 GB SSD | Windows 11

39 minutes ago, saturnotaku said:

I say we not pollute this thread with LMG discussion any more. I've said my piece in one dedicated to the matter. 

19 minutes ago, Reciever said:

Fair enough, didnt see that thread. thanks for sharing

I had not noticed it either. I posted in that thread. Thanks Brother @saturnotaku.

• Thumb Up 2

I built and gave my nephew his first starter gaming PC today. He had been using a POS laptop with integrated graphics and begging his parents for a desktop. He's been scrimping and saving for over a year now and has amassed $350.  I tossed in a 25" Dell gaming display  1080p to top it off. I told him to save his $350 and use it for a future graphics card upgrade if needed but seeing as how he was limping along with a really bad laptop all this time....

He's also a fan of Star Trek and the borg so I went for a cube look.

12100F

32GB (2x16GB 3600)

M.2 boot / SSD games / HD Storage

Asrock A380

Asrock Pro RS B660M

ID-Cooling

600w EVGA PSU

GIM Micro ATX case

I used a mix of on the shelf components and components left over from upgrading my wife's PC to my old Strix Z690 D4 + 12900k + B-die 4000 sticks.

While I was upgrading/building his PC, I put a contact frame on his socket since I have extras. 🙂

I played WoW for an hour or so on it. Solid little 1080p rig with RT off and ~7/10 graphics setting getting 75-90fps so it will do nicely for his Steam collection. He also loves playing Quake so this will obviously run that crazy good and then some.

ZkZkQHE.jpg

• Thumb Up 1
  • Like 4
  • Bump 3

Electrosoft Prime: 7950X3D | MSI X670E Carbon  | MSI Suprim X Liquid 4090 | AC LF II 420 | G.Skill 6000 A-Die 2x32GB | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB | EVGA 1600w P2 | Phanteks Ethroo Pro | Alienware AW3225QF 32" OLED

MelMel:  AMD Ryzen 5 7600x | Asus B650 Prime | Powercolor Spectra White 7900XTX | Asus Ryugin III 240mm AIO | M-die 2x16GB Custom | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB | EVGA P2 850w | Hyte Y40 | BenQ 32" 4k
Heath: i9-12900k | EVGA CLC 280 | Asus Strix Z690 D4 | Asus Strix 3080 | 32GB DDR4 2x16GB B-Die 4000  | WD Black SN850 512GB |  EVGA DG-77 | Samsung G7 32" 144hz 32"

Eurocom Raptor X15 | 12900k | Nvidia RTX 3070ti | 15.6" 1080p 240hz | Kingston 3200 32GB (2x16GB) | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB Heatsink Edition

3 hours ago, electrosoft said:

I built and gave my nephew his first starter gaming PC today. He had been using a POS laptop with integrated graphics and begging his parents for a desktop. He's been scrimping and saving for over a year now and has amassed $350.  I tossed in a 25" Dell gaming display  1080p to top it off. I told him to save his $350 and use it for a future graphics card upgrade if needed but seeing as how he was limping along with a really bad laptop all this time....

He's also a fan of Star Trek and the borg so I went for a cube look.

12100F

32GB (2x16GB 3600)

M.2 boot / SSD games / HD Storage

Asrock A380

Asrock Pro RS B660M

ID-Cooling

600w EVGA PSU

GIM Micro ATX case

I used a mix of on the shelf components and components left over from upgrading my wife's PC to my old Strix Z690 D4 + 12900k + B-die 4000 sticks.

While I was upgrading/building his PC, I put a contact frame on his socket since I have extras. 🙂

I played WoW for an hour or so on it. Solid little 1080p rig with RT off and ~7/10 graphics setting getting 75-90fps so it will do nicely for his Steam collection. He also loves playing Quake so this will obviously run that crazy good and then some.

ZkZkQHE.jpg

oh ure definitely the cool uncle now... you gotta reputation to uphold moving forward, no pressure! 😄 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Mine: Hyperion "Titan God of Heat, Heavenly Light, Power" (2022-24)
AMD Ryzen 9 7950X (custom TG IHS) / Asus ROG Crosshair X670E Extreme / MSI Geforce RTX 4090 Suprim X / Teamgroup T-Force Delta RGB DDR5-8200 2x24 GB / Seagate Firecuda 530 4 TB / 5x Samsung 860 Evo 4 TB / Arctic Liquid Freezer II 420 (Push/Pull 6x Noctua NF-A14 IndustrialPPC-3000 intake) / Seasonic TX-1600 W Titanium / Phanteks Enthoo Pro 2 TG (3x Arctic P12 A-RGB intake / 4x Arctic P14 A-RGB exhaust / 1x Arctic P14 A-RGB RAM cooling) / Samsung Odyssey Neo G8 32" 4K 240 Hz / Ducky One 3 Daybreak Fullsize Cherry MX Brown / Corsair M65 Ultra RGB / PDP Afterglow Wave Black

My Lady's: Clevo NH55JNNQ "Alfred" (2022-24)
Sharp LQ156M1JW03 FHD matte 15.6" IGZO 8 bit @248 Hz / Intel Core i5 12600 / Nvidia Geforce RTX 3070 Ti / Mushkin Redline DDR4-3200 2x32 GB / Samsung 970 Pro 1 TB / Samsung 870 QVO 8 TB / Intel AX201 WIFI 6+BT 5.2 / Win 11 Pro Phoenix Lite OS / 230 W PSU powered by Prema Mod!