NotebookTalk

*Official Benchmark Thread* - Post it here or it didn't happen :D

Mr. Fox

7 minutes ago, Papusan said:

Remember you aren’t young and trendy gamer. You are the last breed of performance enthusiasts. We doesn’t fit into this sick madness. And I don’t think @Talon who is younger than us two will accept this either. The modern world is crazy. 

Gaming now involves fusion with other lifestyles that aims to be trendy, unique, and inspiring. COLORFIRE gets its inspiration from trending styles and concepts, popular animation, cute characters, and others.

https://videocardz.com/press-release/colorful-colorfire-introduces-geforce-rtx-4060-gpus-b760m-motherboard-and-custom-chassis-from-meow-series

Where is that vomit emoji when we need it most? 🤣 LOL. 🤢 🤮 They are crazy. I agree with you totally. In fact, more than just crazy. Both crazy and stupid.

39 minutes ago, Etern4l said:

Strange product. The slimmer form factor would work well for multi-GPU builds (not for pure gaming), but in that case the FE is better anyway with the blower design.

I really begs questioning about a couple of things.

If the smaller and slimmer GPUs are cooled well enough and perform exactly the same as the larger versions of the same product, why were they so big to begin with? Was the extremely large size a feeble but nefarious effort to make the people buying them think that the hit on their wallet was more justifiable based on the size of the GPU?

Or, if they are NOT as well-cooled, run hotter and less performant due to the heat, why are they selling defectively engineered products for people hell bent on SFF builds? Is the thought that compromise should be the new normal to accommodate the lowest common denominators? Should we expect to pay less for a smaller GPU that runs hotter and performs less?

• Like 1
  • Bump 1

Wraith // Z790 Apex | 14900KF | 4090 Suprim X+Byksi Block | 48GB DDR5-8600 | Toughpower GF3 1650W | MO-RA3 360 | Hailea HC-500A || O11D XL EVO
Banshee // Z790 Apex Encore | 13900KS | 4090 Gaming OC+Alphacool Block | 48GB DDR5-8600 | RM1200x SHIFT | XT45 1080 Nova || Dark Base Pro 901
Munchkin // Z790i Edge | 14900KF | Arc A770 Phantom Gaming OC | 48GB DDR5-8200 | GameMax 850W | EK Nucleus CR360 Dark || Prime AP201 
Half-Breed // Dell Precision 7720 | BGA CPU Filth+MXM Quadro P5000 | Sub-$500 Grade A Refurb || Nothing to Write Home About  

Mr. Fox YouTube Channel | Mr. Fox @ HWBOT

The average response time for a 911 call is 10 minutes. The response time of a .357 is 1400 feet per second. 

19 minutes ago, Mr. Fox said:

Where is that vomit emoji when we need it most? 🤣 LOL. 🤢 🤮 They are crazy. I agree with you totally. In fact, more than just crazy. Both crazy and stupid.

If the smaller and slimmer GPUs are cooled well enough and perform exactly the same as the larger versions of the same product, why were they so big to begin with? Was the extremely large size a feeble but nefarious effort to make the people buying them think that the hit on their wallet was more justifiable based on the size of the GPU?

Or, if they are NOT as well-cooled, run hotter and less performant due to the heat, why are they selling defectively engineered products for people hell bent on SFF builds? Is the thought that compromise should be the new normal to accommodate the lowest common denominators? Should we expect to pay less for a smaller GPU that runs hotter and performs less?

The gaming X models is 480w cards. And minimum specs for being called a 4090 is the die size and 450W. So maybe 450/with 480W OC boost power as max. Could be crippled to max 450W if Msi really want destroy them. Yep ADA is very power efficient and can run at quite low power but no need to cap off all the balls. But what do I know. Their lower end 4090 is 450W. 

• Thumb Up 1

"The Killer"  ASUS ROG Z790 Apex Encore | 14900KS | 4090 HOF + 20 other graphics cards | 32GB DDR5 | Be Quiet! Dark Power Pro 12 - 1500 Watt | Second PSU - Cooler Master V750 SFX Gold 750W (For total of 2250W Power) | Corsair Obsidian 1000D | Custom Cooling | Asus ROG Strix XG27AQ 27" Monitors |

Papusan @ HWBOTTeam PremaMod @ HWBOT | Papusan @ YouTube Channel

44 minutes ago, Mr. Fox said:

Good questions.

They would probably perform slightly worse than the models with oversized coolers, and  they could potentially do better (thermally) than a FE - same form factor but 3 fans - given enough space and airflow, so not necessarily in a SFF.

Would the difference in performance matter in practice to most users? I doubt it. Those are still very large cards with 3 fans.

if the performance delta is minimal, then the smaller form factor has advantages: compactness, may fit narrower cases, multi-GPU viability. The problem for MSI is that they are competing directly with the FE. They should have leveraged the 3 fans and made it 2.5 slot, then they would have had a proper USP.

• Thumb Up 2

"We're rushing towards a cliff, but the closer we get, the more scenic the views are."

-- Max Tegmark

AI: Major Emerging Existential Threat To Humanity

3 hours ago, chew said:

this is the most boring part of what i do......only about 40 more hours of hashing boring stuff out.......

image.thumb.png.c2aa5331218c0bd44129da901e782cae.png

This is also why you get many freebies/goodies sent to you to play with 👍

• Thumb Up 3

Lian Li Lancool III | Ryzen 9 7950X | 48gb G-skill Trident Z5 DDR5 8000mhz | MSI Mpg X670E Carbon |

AsRock Taichi Radeon 7900xtx Bykski Block |Raijintek Scylla Pro 360 custom loop| Crucial T700 1tb

WD Black's SN770 500gb/1tb NVME | Toshiba 8Tb 7200rpm Data |

EVGA 1000w SuperNova |32" Agon 1440p 165hz Curved Screen |  Windows 10 LoT 21h2

21 minutes ago, Reciever said:

I enjoy SFF for my daily driver, depending on how much I am trying to pack into it, can be as fun as when I was modding my Alienware 17 R1. For benching it wouldnt make much sense, at all.

True, different tools for different jobs.

• Thumb Up 5

Electrosoft Prime: 7950X3D | MSI X670E Carbon  | MSI Suprim X Liquid 4090 | AC LF II 420 | G.Skill 6000 A-Die 2x32GB | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB | EVGA 1600w P2 | Phanteks Ethroo Pro | Alienware AW3225QF 32" OLED

MelMel:  AMD Ryzen 5 7600x | Asus B650 Prime | Powercolor Spectra White 7900XTX | Asus Ryugin III 240mm AIO | M-die 2x16GB Custom | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB | EVGA P2 850w | Hyte Y40 | BenQ 32" 4k
Heath: i9-12900k | EVGA CLC 280 | Asus Strix Z690 D4 | Asus Strix 3080 | 32GB DDR4 2x16GB B-Die 4000  | WD Black SN850 512GB |  EVGA DG-77 | Samsung G7 32" 144hz 32"

Eurocom Raptor X15 | 12900k | Nvidia RTX 3070ti | 15.6" 1080p 240hz | Kingston 3200 32GB (2x16GB) | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB Heatsink Edition

10 hours ago, electrosoft said:

True, different tools for different jobs.

Yep, we have now Max-Q design also for desktop cards. 4090 range from 450w for the cheapest models and up to 666W for the 4090 HOF. Or a massive 216W difference. That’s worse than for 4090 laptop cards😆 Beat that bro @Mr. Fox Yep, desktop hardware is now more crippled than in laptops only to please small and disgusting cute tiny pc boxes. Hmm, maybe you should go back to laptops because they are less crippled, LOOL

I still can’t understand why someone want the top tier laptop craphics cards down tuned with 90W TGP. In same way as for desktop cards. You don’t get what you should expect. Nvidia finally understood this hence they giving their FE card 600W vBios. AIB partners going the opposite way. Yep, times have changed. Only to please all in same way as they did for jokebooks. 

All I can say about this modern trend. I hate it. So today’s word has to be trends and lifestyle destroying modern tech 😉

• Thumb Up 1
  • Thanks 1

"The Killer"  ASUS ROG Z790 Apex Encore | 14900KS | 4090 HOF + 20 other graphics cards | 32GB DDR5 | Be Quiet! Dark Power Pro 12 - 1500 Watt | Second PSU - Cooler Master V750 SFX Gold 750W (For total of 2250W Power) | Corsair Obsidian 1000D | Custom Cooling | Asus ROG Strix XG27AQ 27" Monitors |

25 minutes ago, Papusan said:

Yep, we have now Max-Q design also for desktop cards. 4090 range from 450w for the cheapest models and up to 666W for the 4090 HOF. Or a massive 216W difference. That’s worse than for 4090 laptop cards😆 Beat that bro @Mr. Fox Yep, desktop hardware is now more crippled than in laptops only to please small and disgusting cute tiny pc boxes. Hmm, maybe you should go back to laptops because they are less crippled, LOOL

I still can’t understand why someone want the top tier laptop craphics cards down tuned with 90W TGP. In same way as for desktop cards. You don’t get what you should expect. Nvidia finally understood this hence they giving their FE card 600W vBios. AIB partners going the opposite way. Yep, times have changed. Only to please all in same way as they did for jokebooks. 

All I can say about this modern trend. I hate it. So today’s word has to be trends and lifestyle destroying tech 😉

Is this a fair comparison though? Does the 4090 even reach 450W power consumption in normal loads (gaming etc)? If not then this would be in contrast with MaxQ cards which are almost always power limited when busy.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

"We're rushing towards a cliff, but the closer we get, the more scenic the views are."

-- Max Tegmark

4 hours ago, Etern4l said:

Is this a fair comparison though? Does the 4090 even reach 450W power consumption in normal loads (gaming etc)? If not then this would be in contrast with MaxQ cards which are almost always power limited under normal loads.

Just look at some game sessions showed up on ocn. Many way above 500. Even above 600w. As I said before. ADA is very power efficient arc and loads/power consumption can be tuned down. No need for crippling the card from factory. The lifestyle seekers could do the same without have to buy down tuned cards from the different AIBs.

And it will come even faster processors that will remove the bottlenecks. Aka you may get even more from your expensive graphics card purchase. 

Edit. True gaming power above 500/600W. You don’t even need max out the voltage slider. The 4090 HOF etc have 550/666w firmware. Not an XOC vBios. Just right out from Galax factory.

https://www.overclock.net/threads/asus-strix-4090-oc-brute-force-max-watts-heat-test-furmark-30-min-pass-at-3840x1600.1803901/

• Thumb Up 1
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Papusan said:

Just look at some game sessions showed up on ocn. Many way above 500. Even above 600w. As I said before. ADA is very power efficient arc and loads/power consumption can be tuned down. No need for crippling the card from factory. The lifestyle seekers could do the same without have to buy down tuned cards from the different AIBs.

And it will come even faster processors that will remove the bottlenecks. Aka you may get even more from your expensive purchase. 

FYI it’s not really “lifestyle seekers”, whatever you mean by that. It depends on the workload, just like on the CPU side. My recollection from initial baseline YT reviews rather than OCN is that the card hardly ever reaches 450W, and this was for the 1.1V variant. Most people are ordinary users (who also pay electricity bills, often at extortionate prices these days) so we can’t blame manufacturers for releasing products that might appeal to them as long as they provide the high-end line. Different tools for different jobs.

• Thumb Up 1
  • Bump 1

-- Max Tegmark

36 minutes ago, Etern4l said:

FYI it’s not really “lifestyle seekers”, whatever you mean by that. It depends on the workload, just like on the CPU side. My recollection from initial baseline YT reviews rather than OCN is that the card hardly ever reaches 450W, and this was for the 1.1V variant. Most people are ordinary users (who also pay electricity bills, often at extortionate prices these days) so we can’t blame manufacturers for releasing products that might appeal to them as long as they provide the high-end line. Different tools for different jobs.

They can also tune own card’s. I mean 4090 can go as low as 0.900v. Or even lower. Then you have the same different tools that can make changes also for much lower power consumption even without much change in default voltage. No need for special made cards from AIB that destroy the product you still pay above $1600-2000 Usd for. I want it all for what I paid. Castrated or so called special made cards will also get less value the closer you come EOL date. There is still some that keep their cards longer than the next models is out. Get the best value when you can. And slime/slim weaker cards won’t come cheaper. In worst case they will even be more expensive than the real deal. And I hate bad deals vs what I got. 

Here you have it. Desktop cards has become what we hated with laptops. And I can’t live with that. I stopped buying laptops many years ago. And that’s for a single reason. Destroyed products.

As a sidenote. Just look what the different AIB partners talking about when they mention new slim cards/special models as Colorful. All is about modern gamers and lifestyle. I’m happy I’m not the new modern. Being Old is sometimes bothersome but has its own advantages 🙂

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, Papusan said:

They can also tune own card’s. I mean 4090 can go as low as 0.900v. Or even lower. Then you have the same different tools that can make changes also for much lower power consumption even without much change in default voltage. No need for special made cards from AIB that destroy the product you still pay above $1600-2000 Usd for. I want it all for what I paid. Castrated or so called special made cards will also get less value the closer you come EOL date. There is still some that keep their cards longer than the next models is out. Get the best value when you can. And slime/slim weaker cards won’t come cheaper. In worst case they will even be more expensive than the real deal. And I hate bad deals vs what I got. 

Here you have it. Desktop cards has become what we hated with laptops. And I can’t live with that. I stopped buying laptops many years ago. And that’s for a single reason. Destroyed products.

As a sidenote. Just look what the different AIB partners talking about when they mention new slim cards/special models as Colorful. All is about modern gamers and lifestyle. I’m happy I’m not the new modern. Being Old is sometimes bothersome but has its own advantages 🙂

Agree 95% - most users, especially gamers, should opt for the larger cards, if their build can accommodate them. Still, there are people with SFF builds and other hard space constraints, which would be the only reasons to consider this. Again, a niche product at best in presence of the FE.

• Thumb Up 1

-- Max Tegmark

22 minutes ago, Etern4l said:

Agree 95% - most users, especially gamers, should opt for the larger cards, if their build can accommodate them. Still, there are people with SFF builds and other hard space constraints, which would be the only reasons to consider this. Again, a niche product at best in presence of the FE.

With the FE you get real 4090 cards with 600W vbios. Totally opposite of the coming cards from AIBs as etc MSI. MSI only offer 600W for their top of the line cards. Two models, the rest is castrated even if they are the thick or the new slim. How sad is this?

Wish Nvidia could offer their FE cards all over the world and in proper quantities. This would push AIBs to rethink their stupidity. But yep, the new modern slim is niche. Hope they fail hard 🙂

• Thumb Up 1

7 minutes ago, Papusan said:

With the FE you get real 4090 cards with 600W vbios. Totally opposite of the coming cards from AIBs as etc MSI. MSI only offer 600W for their top of the line cards. Two models rest castrated even if they are thick or the new slim. How sad is this?

Wish Nvidia could offer their FE cards all over the world and in proper quantities. This would push AIBs to rethink their stupidity. But yep, the new modern slim is niche. Hope they fail hard 🙂

Makes sense. OK there is almost no point in this product whatsoever then (almost, because it’s a little bit shorter than the FE) If they made the card 2 or 2.5 slot then there would have been some niche rationale. Sad indeed. They want to cut down on RMA risk obviously, the new slim connector and CableMod adapters I called out as dangerous gimmicks the moment I saw them being mentioned here 🙂 are likely to blame.

• Like 2

-- Max Tegmark

It doesn't matter what the reasons are, compromise opens the door to more compromise and it sucks every time. Every. Time. What you end up with is what bottom feeders want or what the lowest common denominators think is acceptable and to hell with what everybody else thinks. The price stays the same, or goes up, you just get less.

• Like 1

Wraith // Z790 Apex | 14900KF | 4090 Suprim X+Byksi Block | 48GB DDR5-8600 | Toughpower GF3 1650W | MO-RA3 360 | Hailea HC-500A || O11D XL EVO
Banshee // Z790 Apex Encore | 13900KS | 4090 Gaming OC+Alphacool Block | 48GB DDR5-8600 | RM1200x SHIFT | XT45 1080 Nova || Dark Base Pro 901
Munchkin // Z790i Edge | 14900KF | Arc A770 Phantom Gaming OC | 48GB DDR5-8200 | GameMax 850W | EK Nucleus CR360 Dark || Prime AP201 
Half-Breed // Dell Precision 7720 | BGA CPU Filth+MXM Quadro P5000 | Sub-$500 Grade A Refurb || Nothing to Write Home About  

The average response time for a 911 call is 10 minutes. The response time of a .357 is 1400 feet per second. 

16 minutes ago, Mr. Fox said:

It doesn't matter what the reasons are, compromise opens the door to more compromise and it sucks every time. Every. Time. What you end up with is what bottom feeders want or what the lowest common denominators think is acceptable and to hell with what everybody else thinks. The price stays the same, or goes up, you just get less.

Accountability is super-important, without it the system is broken. Let’s say that those two factors cause AIBs to lose too much money on their 4090 RMAs, then NVidia is mainly to blame here:

1. For designing the fragile connector

2. For jacking up the prices of the silicon so much that AIBs can’t afford the RMAs.

Secondary blame falls on CableMod and the influencers shamelessly promoting the gimmick.

Sadly it’s not easy to vote the former culprits out of the market, it’s kind of a totalitarian system at the moment. Let’s hope it can be toppled one day.

• Like 2

-- Max Tegmark

The tail is wagging the dog. The only way to fix it is to do a Bud Light on them to inflict massive financial harm to punish them for their bad choices and use financial warfare to brutally exterminate the companies that refuse to comply with the expectations of  customers that actually have standards and abide by them. Given that the target market is composed of way too many zombies, sheeple, clueless idiots, unprincipled losers and ignorant children whose only means to acquire rubbish is from parents that fall into one of those buckets, the chances for successful execution are very, very low. We're all going to get screwed again, and it will continue. I think it's time to cut our losses and find something different that is worthy of our time, money and attention. It was fun while it lasted, but it's time to end life support. Do not resuscitate.

• Thumb Up 1
  • Bump 1

On 8/30/2023 at 2:50 PM, Talon said:

The guy that unlocked nvflash for 40 series flash, full sent his 4090 with 1.3v (using external elmor labs) LOL. 1175w and it now rests in Valhalla. 

But he took the world record for Solar Bay just previous to this run lol. 

https://www.3dmark.com/search#advanced?test=sb P&cpuId=&gpuId=1509&gpuCount=0&gpuType=ALL&deviceType=ALL&storageModel=ALL&memoryChannels=0&country=&scoreType=overallScore&hofMode=false&showInvalidResults=false&freeParams=&minGpuCoreClock=&maxGpuCoreClock=&minGpuMemClock=&maxGpuMemClock=&minCpuClock=&maxCpuClock=

LOL had to laugh at that, HECK of a way to go out with his 4090 blowing up on camera and breaking a world record run 😄 

17 hours ago, chew said:

this is the most boring part of what i do......only about 40 more hours of hashing boring stuff out.......

image.thumb.png.c2aa5331218c0bd44129da901e782cae.png

hey bud, im currently also playing around with DDR5-8000, any pointers for stability? GDM disable is a total nogo for me, instant BSOD when i try to boot. VDDIO maxed to 1.58V, VDD(Q) at 1.6, VSOC 1.3, turned down FCLK to 2000 until i figured out stability, VDDP 1.18, loosened timings. 

• Thumb Up 3

Mine: Hyperion "Titan God of Heat, Heavenly Light, Power" (2022-24)
AMD Ryzen 9 7950X (custom TG IHS) / Asus ROG Crosshair X670E Extreme / MSI Geforce RTX 4090 Suprim X / Teamgroup T-Force Delta RGB DDR5-8200 2x24 GB / Seagate Firecuda 530 4 TB / 5x Samsung 860 Evo 4 TB / Arctic Liquid Freezer II 420 (Push/Pull 6x Noctua NF-A14 IndustrialPPC-3000 intake) / Seasonic TX-1600 W Titanium / Phanteks Enthoo Pro 2 TG (3x Arctic P12 A-RGB intake / 4x Arctic P14 A-RGB exhaust / 1x Arctic P14 A-RGB RAM cooling) / Samsung Odyssey Neo G8 32" 4K 240 Hz / Ducky One 3 Daybreak Fullsize Cherry MX Brown / Corsair M65 Ultra RGB / PDP Afterglow Wave Black

My Lady's: Clevo NH55JNNQ "Alfred" (2022-24)
Sharp LQ156M1JW03 FHD matte 15.6" IGZO 8 bit @248 Hz / Intel Core i5 12600 / Nvidia Geforce RTX 3070 Ti / Mushkin Redline DDR4-3200 2x32 GB / Samsung 970 Pro 1 TB / Samsung 870 QVO 8 TB / Intel AX201 WIFI 6+BT 5.2 / Win 11 Pro Phoenix Lite OS / 230 W PSU powered by Prema Mod!

43 minutes ago, Mr. Fox said:

The tail is wagging the dog. The only way to fix it is to do a Bud Light on them to inflict massive financial harm to punish them for their bad choices and use financial warfare to brutally exterminate the companies that refuse to comply with the expectations of  customers that actually have standards and abide by them. Given that the target market is composed of way too many zombies, sheeple, clueless idiots, unprincipled losers and ignorant children whose only means to acquire rubbish is from parents that fall into one of those buckets, the chances for successful execution are very, very low. We're all going to get screwed again, and it will continue. I think it's time to cut our losses and find something different that is worthy of our time, money and attention. It was fun while it lasted, but it's time to end life support. Do not resuscitate.

It’s not that people buying NVidia are idiots, most people here would be guilty as charged then, it’s just that if there is little choice. Resistance would take a little sacrifice (or sometimes wouldn’t be an option at all, my situation included), as is usually the case, and people aren’t willing to suffer a degradtion in FPS or eye candy that when it comes to their entertainment. There is also the question of how much “fighting spirit” there is in a modern Western hedonistic society, and it’s safe to say that not much - other than as regards virtual struggles with KB/M or a controller, perhaps that’s a part of what defuses it…

• Thumb Up 2

-- Max Tegmark

Even the stupid Pcworld editors is able to see Microsoft’s madness. Spam ain’t much different than malware… This is also a part of the modern tech world. Tech is much more than just hardware. 

And if none is able to stop Microsoft this will only be worse forwards until Win 10 is EOL. 

https://www.pcworld.com/article/2049502/microsofts-incessant-windows-ads-are-getting-out-of-control.html

Right now, my Windows 10 computer is free of pushy Windows 11 notifications—but I expect another round to pop up soon, since Windows Update is still reminding me I have a compatible PC.

But let’s set the record straight. People who have installed Chrome vastly outnumber those who use Edge. By market share, Chrome is around 60 percent, while Edge is five percent. Five. And keep in mind a person has to go through the trouble of downloading Chrome and installing it. This choice is actively and consciously made. 

• Thumb Up 2

16 minutes ago, Papusan said:

Even the stupid Pcworld editors is able to see Microsoft’s madness. Spam ain’t much different than malware… This is also a part of the modern tech world. Tech is much more than just hardware. 

And if none is able to stop Microsoft this will only be worse forwards until Win 10 is EOL. 

https://www.pcworld.com/article/2049502/microsofts-incessant-windows-ads-are-getting-out-of-control.html

Right now, my Windows 10 computer is free of pushy Windows 11 notifications—but I expect another round to pop up soon, since Windows Update is still reminding me I have a compatible PC.

I have a feeling we haven’t seen nothing yet in terms of how invasive Satya”s WindowsGPT gets. 

Old news just to get bro @Papusan more excited about Windoze11 below 🙂 What’s not mentioned by the Redmont Reprobates is that all those invasive services are cloud-based and this requires massive amounts of personal data to be sent to M$

https://blogs.windows.com/windowsdeveloper/2023/05/23/bringing-the-power-of-ai-to-windows-11-unlocking-a-new-era-of-productivity-for-customers-and-developers-with-windows-copilot-and-dev-home/

• Thumb Up 1
  • Thanks 1

-- Max Tegmark

5 hours ago, Etern4l said:

Makes sense. OK there is almost no point in this product whatsoever then (almost, because it’s a little bit shorter than the FE) If they made the card 2 or 2.5 slot then there would have been some niche rationale. Sad indeed. They want to cut down on RMA risk obviously, the new slim connector and CableMod adapters I called out as dangerous gimmicks the moment I saw them being mentioned here 🙂 are likely to blame.

Second article from Pcworld. Amazing they are able to see much of the same as we. Nvidia need to pump up production of own FE cards. I expect more AIB partners need to throw in the towel. Not the Evga way but because of their own stupidity and greed. Let nvidia flood the market with FE cards. I don’t care if some companies die in own bloodbath. They aren’t worthy be here. 

https://www.pcworld.com/article/2049912/new-msi-slim-rtx-graphics-cards-still-take-up-three-slots.html

2 hours ago, Etern4l said:

I have a feeling we haven’t seen nothing yet in terms of how invasive Satya”s WindowsGPT gets. 

Old news just to get bro @Papusan more excited about Windoze11 below 🙂 What’s not mentioned by the Redmont Reprobates is that all those invasive services are cloud-based and this requires massive amounts of personal data to be sent to M$

https://blogs.windows.com/windowsdeveloper/2023/05/23/bringing-the-power-of-ai-to-windows-11-unlocking-a-new-era-of-productivity-for-customers-and-developers-with-windows-copilot-and-dev-home/

I can easily live with the LTSC versions. I don’t game much so others will probably be more affected than me. Sad anyway. 

• Thumb Up 1
  • Bump 1

2 hours ago, Etern4l said:

It’s not that people buying NVidia are idiots, most people here would be guilty as charged then, it’s just that if there is little choice. Resistance would take a little sacrifice (or sometimes wouldn’t be an option at all, my situation included), as is usually the case, and people aren’t willing to suffer a degradtion in FPS or eye candy that when it comes to their entertainment. There is also the question of how much “fighting spirit” there is in a modern Western hedonistic society, and it’s safe to say that not much - other than as regards virtual struggles with KB/M or a controller, perhaps that’s a part of what defuses it…

Companies either do what is best for themselves at the expense of their customers, or they do what their customers expect in terms of product and quality delivery to ensure cashflow continues. To a great degree that is expected. The latter is appropriate and the companies that do that are what I would consider to be good companies and brands worth buying. Even if their intentions are self-serving and profit-driven, customers get what they want and deserve. It's a win-win scenario.

The idiocy part comes with acceptance of change that is unacceptable, not with brand selection. Change that produces desirable outcomes is good. I love change when it brings benefits and adds value in terms of things I/we care about, and everyone else should love that, too.

The dynamics that have changed are multi-faceted. We have some companies implementing change based on philosophical preferences held my decision-makers with no regard for what customers want. These ones deserve to die as far as I am concerned. The agendas and philosphical ideals of their owners/executive leaders have no place in business unless their businesses and products are built explicitly around those agendas and philosophical values. We see many example of woke businesses that deserve to go broke. (Bud Light, Target and Best Buy are recently visible examples.) But, ESG-focused financial services and investing practices are an example of this scummy filth at its worst. Pursuit of idiotic idealistic endeavors under a jaded view of "greater good" with funding through the frivolous waste of other peoples' money under the guise of "investment" and financial planning.

We have other companies that habitually use misleading marketing to convince consumers that the rubbish they are selling is better, and idiots that believe it because they are gullible or otherwise victims of their own ignorance. 

Similar to the above, we have companies that go a step further (NVIDIA and to some degree ASUIS) that manipulate supply and demand, and charge abusive and predatory prices for misrepresented and overpriced products that are embraced by irrational people that lack self-restraint and common sense because they are slaves to their passions and gullible.

Lastly, and perhaps the most nefarious of all, we have companies like Micro$lop and Google who pretend they are giving things away for free to make the world a better place. When, in fact, they are lying and providing products at no charge, or extra-cheap, to facilitate the theft of personal information and data that should be illegal for them to collect. They pretend to be friendly and have philanthropic goals and ideals, conceal their intentions and work in collusion with governments and their host of appointed three-letter agencies that have Totalitarian aspirations for a world governed by fiat. But, that's OK. We accepted the EULA that gives them permission to commit crimes against the users of their products.

• Thumb Up 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Mr. Fox said:

Companies either do what is best for themselves at the expense of their customers, or they do what their customers expect in terms of product and quality delivery to ensure cashflow continues.

Enjoy. Herkelman said no for 7600 and 7900 series but considered 12VHPWR connectors for 7700 and 7800 series AMD cards. Maybe he have read my many posts about fried 4090s and changed mind.

Here is a good reminder. I’m 100% sure Scott Herkelman is our old AMD friend HMSCOTT from old NBR. I even talked about this in pm with him right before he was banned from NBR. YUP, I’m 100% sure. And I mean I talked with you about this in pm in older days. 

Enjoy… https://www.club386.com/amd-confirms-radeon-rx-7800-xt-was-originally-designed-with-new-power-connector-in-mind/

See bro @Rage Set  I had correct from day one…. Scott goes on to rule out any change of power connectors for the time being, stating “Until this power issue is cleaned up and there’s good confidence it’s working correctly for end users, that’s where you’ll start to see us incorporate it into our planning.

I wonder when he changed his mind. After reading in the big web about how bad these power connectors was? I wrote a lot about it in different forums. And posted links to all failures as they popped up. I’m sure he has seen some of them.

I also knocked on Dell Alienware’s bossses feets in same way as for bad designed cablemod adapters. One after one. Azor, Gonzales, Umar and so on In forums and pm. And I’m sure they started hate me that time for my stubbornness and my hatred for junk. Now I don’t bother much with them anymore. Just let the stupids (consumers) buy their utter trashy cheapo junk. Maybe they deserve being screwed by trash company. But I pop up sometimes telling how bad their desktops are. That helps out on their sales, LOOL

Edit. The whole interview with Scott Herkelman (HMSCOTT)…, SH: We specifically, for 7900 Series, and even 7600, we didn’t plan on the new power cable, but 7800 and 7700 did have a plan for it. We removed it, and that was a purposeful removal. You shouldn’t blame end users for issues you have. You should catch and own any problems, just like we did with the vapour-chamber issue. I was all over social media because I felt like it was AMD’s problem and I was going to own it.

https://www.club386.com/scott-herkelman-qa-amd-radeon-boss-answers-your-burning-rx-7800-xt-questions/

Yep, they read social media and forums without people will know they was there. And don’t doubt they have seen some of my quality posts 🙂

• Thumb Up 2
  • Confused 1

5 minutes ago, Papusan said:

Enjoy. Herkelman said no for 7600 and 7900 series but considered 12VHPWR connectors for 7700 and 7800 series AMD cards. Maybe he have read my many posts about fried 4090s and changed mind. I’m 100% sure Scott Herkelman is our old AMD friend HMSCOTT from old NBR. I even talked about this in pm with him right before he was banned.

Enjoy… https://www.club386.com/amd-confirms-radeon-rx-7800-xt-was-originally-designed-with-new-power-connector-in-mind/

I am almost positive you are correct. He is an agenda-driven wolf in sheep's clothing and should not be trusted. His agenda is to convince consumers what is best for AMD (and hurtful to Intel) is best for consumers, even when it is not.

• Like 1