NotebookTalk

*Official Benchmark Thread* - Post it here or it didn't happen :D

Mr. Fox

2 hours ago, Mr. Fox said:

Yes, I am all about that. I love the idea and endorse the practice of financially punishing companies that are dishonest, incompetent, show bad judgement, promote immorality, or engage in leftist political agendas. But, spending money on broken garbage isn't furthering a good cause. It is validating trash and legitimizing mediocrity. Like ..

...this. We should not reward anyone for selling trash. At least not intentionally. Sometimes accidents and poor judgement lead us astray.

isn’t it stupid? The only brand went their own way and used 12VHPWR connectors that have the connectors opposite way. Maybe Asus needs all those weird shaped connectors themselves due huge lack of them? Why go own way? What did they gain with this? Awful for those that have a very good bin.

Re-read my previous post about “ticking bomb”. Then read this one. Weird people can’t read or maybe they are just stupid. Not sure what’s correct bro @ryan 

It seems unwise to let the old adapter in, but it hasn't failed me in more than 5 months.

Happy bro @electrosoft listened 🙂

• Thumb Up 2
  • Bump 1

"The Killer"  ASUS ROG Z790 Apex Encore | 14900KS | 4090 HOF + 20 other graphics cards | 32GB DDR5 | Be Quiet! Dark Power Pro 12 - 1500 Watt | Second PSU - Cooler Master V750 SFX Gold 750W (For total of 2250W Power) | Corsair Obsidian 1000D | Custom Cooling | Asus ROG Strix XG27AQ 27" Monitors |

Papusan @ HWBOTTeam PremaMod @ HWBOT | Papusan @ YouTube Channel

4 hours ago, Mr. Fox said:

Yes, I am all about that. I love the idea and endorse the practice of financially punishing companies that are dishonest, incompetent, show bad judgement, promote immorality, or engage in leftist political agendas. But, spending money on broken garbage isn't furthering a good cause. It is validating trash and legitimizing mediocrity. Like ..

...this. We should not reward anyone for selling trash. At least not intentionally. Sometimes accidents and poor judgement lead us astray.

I agree NVidia competitors should prioritise stability over performance, but let”s just look at how ridiculous the complaint brought up by Papu is: I overclocked memory and the screen went black!!! Shock and horror!!

Let”s be reasonable guys, and not act like blinkered fanboys/haters. We should differentiate between minor flaws (e.g.  driver GUI not ideal, Azor hired into marketing and who cares, a new game crashes on Arc ) and showstoppers.

Let”s wish Intel and AMD success in their struggle against NVidia and support them financially if possible. Given the magnitude of the challenge at the moment they should be saluted for even trying. If they do, we will have a greater variety of excellent hardware available in a few years’ time. If they don’t we will be stuck with NVidia who will be free to charge arbitrarily for whatever scraps they have left over from the AI business. The trade-off is short-term inconvenience + some money left in the pocket in exchange for long term gain in terms of the diversity, quality and pricing of GPUs available in the market. 

• Thumb Up 5
  • Like 1

"We're rushing towards a cliff, but the closer we get, the more scenic the views are."

-- Max Tegmark

AI: Major Emerging Existential Threat To Humanity

3 hours ago, Papusan said:

isn’t it stupid? The only brand went their own way and used 12VHPWR connectors that have the connectors opposite way. Maybe Asus needs all those weird shaped connectors themselves due huge lack of them? Why go own way? What did they gain with this? Awful for those that have a very good bin.

Re-read my previous post about “ticking bomb”. Then read this one. Weird people can’t read or maybe they are just stupid. Not sure what’s correct bro @ryan 

It seems unwise to let the old adapter in, but it hasn't failed me in more than 5 months.

I lost faith when my original cable failed but I know I would have yanked it early on when burned connectors started popping up.

I don't blame MSI for not repairing a card with a burned connector using a third party adapter. 

I'm ok with the four pronged Tentacled monster of power. 😂

• Thumb Up 2
  • Like 1

Electrosoft Prime: 7950X3D | MSI X670E Carbon  | MSI Suprim X Liquid 4090 | AC LF II 420 | G.Skill 6000 A-Die 2x32GB | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB | EVGA 1600w P2 | Phanteks Ethroo Pro | Alienware AW3225QF 32" OLED

MelMel:  AMD Ryzen 5 7600x | Asus B650 Prime | Powercolor Spectra White 7900XTX | Asus Ryugin III 240mm AIO | M-die 2x16GB Custom | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB | EVGA P2 850w | Hyte Y40 | BenQ 32" 4k
Heath: i9-12900k | EVGA CLC 280 | Asus Strix Z690 D4 | Asus Strix 3080 | 32GB DDR4 2x16GB B-Die 4000  | WD Black SN850 512GB |  EVGA DG-77 | Samsung G7 32" 144hz 32"

Eurocom Raptor X15 | 12900k | Nvidia RTX 3070ti | 15.6" 1080p 240hz | Kingston 3200 32GB (2x16GB) | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB Heatsink Edition

1 hour ago, Etern4l said:

I agree NVidia competitors should prioritise stability over performance, but let”s just look at how ridiculous the complaint brought up by Papu is: I overclocked memory and the screen went black!!! Shock and horror!!

Let”s be reasonable guys, and not act like blinkered fanboys/haters. We should differentiate between minor flaws (e.g.  driver GUI not ideal, Azor hired into marketing and who cares, a new game crashes on Arc ) and showstoppers.

Let”s wish Intel and AMD success in their struggle against NVidia and support them financially if possible. Given the magnitude of the challenge at the moment they should be saluted for even trying. If they do, we will have a greater variety of excellent hardware available in a few years’ time. If they don’t we will be stuck with NVidia who will be free to charge arbitrarily for whatever scraps they have left over from the AI business. The trade-off is short-term inconvenience + some money left in the pocket in exchange for long term gain in terms of the diversity, quality and pricing of GPUs available in the market. 

I don’t want support this with my money. Nope. Not me. And AMD try always follow Nvidia’s prices. Yep, slightly lower but if they have the chance they will do as they did with Ryzen 9 5950X. First mainstream processor matching $800 due no competition. They are not any better than Nvidia. Greedy bastards that aren’t willing to try be on top. Just tune prices so high they can vs what they offer. And what with the performance uplift for some of their SKUs. 3-5% above it’s predecessor two years ago. A joke! And the last nail… I won’t support help paying Fu. Azor’s paycheck. Nope. Not me.

Yup. No in hell I support Azor. More than good enough reason to avoid AMD.

Value and Conclusion

Only small gen-over-gen performance improvement.

but AMD has placed a non-functional dummy die here instead, to provide structural stability.

• Oc’ing
    From here on slowly reduce maximum voltage until your card becomes unstable running benchmarks or games. Undervolting is a must for RDNA3, because that will free up some power headroom for the clock algorithm to push frequencies higher. These cards typically get unstable around 950 mV, so there's a lot of headroom (the default is 1.15 V).
  •  

https://www.techpowerup.com/review/powercolor-radeon-rx-7800-xt-hellhound/40.html

• Thumb Up 2
  • Haha 2

"The Killer"  ASUS ROG Z790 Apex Encore | 14900KS | 4090 HOF + 20 other graphics cards | 32GB DDR5 | Be Quiet! Dark Power Pro 12 - 1500 Watt | Second PSU - Cooler Master V750 SFX Gold 750W (For total of 2250W Power) | Corsair Obsidian 1000D | Custom Cooling | Asus ROG Strix XG27AQ 27" Monitors |

4 hours ago, Papusan said:

It actually blows my mind that people are still using those adapters. Seriously, how much more proof do you need they're defective and ticking time bombs. The only cards I see having melting or burning issues today are the ones using those 90 degree adapters. Just use the stock Nvidia crazy fingers or get a custom cable and be done with it. I've been using my CableMod cables in 3x systems since launch, no issues. But @Papusancould write a book on the amount of these adapters that have burned up. 

• Thumb Up 1
  • Like 2
  • Bump 2
Spoiler

The Beast Asus Z790 APEX | Intel i9 13900K | ASUS RTX 4090 Strix OC | 64gb DDR5 7466 CL34 Dual Rank A-Dies | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB | Innocn 4K 160Hz Mini LED HDR1000 | LG 27GN950-B 4K 160Hz | Corsair 170i Elite LCD 420mm AIO | Corsair 7000D | EVGA 1600w T2

Little Beast EVGA Z690 DARK | Intel i9 13900K | Nvidia RTX 4090 FE | 32gb DDR5 SK Hynix DDR5 8000 CL36 A-Dies | Samsung 980 Pro 2TB | LG OLED C1 4K 120Hz G-Sync/FreeSync | Alienware AW2721D 1440p 240Hz G-Sync Ultimate | Corsair 115i Elite 280mm AIO | Lian Li 011 Dynamic | EVGA 1000w P6

8 minutes ago, Papusan said:

I don’t want support this with my money. Nope. Not me. And AMD try always follow Nvidia’s prices. Yep, slightly lower but if they have the chance they will do as they did with Ryzen 9 5950X. First mainstream processor matching $800 due no competition. They are not any better than Nvidia. 

• From here on slowly reduce maximum voltage until your card becomes unstable running benchmarks or games. Undervolting is a must for RDNA3, because that will free up some power headroom for the clock algorithm to push frequencies higher. These cards typically get unstable around 950 mV, so there's a lot of headroom (the default is 1.15 V).

https://www.techpowerup.com/review/powercolor-radeon-rx-7800-xt-hellhound/40.html

Slightly cheaper? Pulled some prices right now, cheapest card per GPU:

MSI 7900XTX £909

Zotac 4080 £1150 (+22%)

Zotac 4090 £1550 (+70%)

how much more do you want them to undercut NVidia? Of course, the Green Ripoff has a knock-on effect on pricing elsewhere - if NVidia cut their prices, AMD might as well.

The only good thing about all this is that the elevated prices gives AMD and Intel some breathing room. 

• Thumb Up 2
  • Like 1

"We're rushing towards a cliff, but the closer we get, the more scenic the views are."

-- Max Tegmark

28 minutes ago, Etern4l said:

Slightly cheaper? Pulled some prices right now, cheapest card per GPU:

MSI 7900XTX £909

Zotac 4080 £1150 (+22%)

Zotac 4090 £1550 (+70%)

how much more do you want them to undercut NVidia? Of course, the Green Ripoff has a knock-on effect on pricing elsewhere - if NVidia cut their prices, AMD might as well.

The only good thing about all this is that the elevated prices gives AMD and Intel some breathing room. 

Nvidia just do the same as AMD did with Ryzen 9 5950X. They all will do the same if they have the chance. 

I look on MSRP prices. Amd wanted 1000$ for a card that should have costed 700$ two years ago. They slided in that disgusting 1K because that should steal sales from the 4080 scam prices. And what with the 7900XT Joke? Disgusting.

Yup, 4080 price is a huge failure. And I don’t defend the price point for 4090. But this was the only card I wanted from nvidia this gen. The rest is of nvidias lineup is either perverse overpriced or castrated. And I don’t touch AMD with a 10 feet pole. Not easy buy tech products as it is now.

And have you ever seen NVIDIA offer a huge performance uplift as 3% above previous gen cards? That’s Intel level but for graphics cards. Yup, nvidia also tricked with this gen cards. 4060 should have been 4050.

• Thumb Up 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Papusan said:

I look on MSRP prices. Amd wanted 1000$ for a card that should have costed 700$ two years ago.

The 24GB 7900 XTX should have cost $700 2 years ago? I see wine has already been served at dinner sir 😉

GeForce RTX
3080 Ti 12GB [40][61]
Jun 3, 2021 $1199 GA102-225

Anyhoo, I get the message: Azor = no deal regardless of specs/potential, driver improvements etc. It's like getting Mr Fox to give JB a second chance lol

Edit: Personally I don’t care about Azor (he is just a gaming guy there), I would only worry about drivers/stability/features. The specs look awesome at that price point. HW reliability should be the same: everything comes from TSMC and Micron or Samsung + MSI.

• Thumb Up 2
  • Haha 1

-- Max Tegmark

1 minute ago, Etern4l said:

The 24GB 7900 XTX should have costed $700 2 years ago? I see wine has already been served at dinner sir 😉

GeForce RTX
3080 Ti 12GB [40][61]

Anyhoo, I get the message: Azor = no deal regardless of specs/potential, driver improvements etc. It's like getting Mr Fox to give JB a second chance lol

huh? give me a second chance for what? 😄 

• Thumb Up 1
  • Haha 2

Mine: Hyperion "Titan God of Heat, Heavenly Light, Power" (2022-24)
AMD Ryzen 9 7950X (custom TG IHS) / Asus ROG Crosshair X670E Extreme / MSI Geforce RTX 4090 Suprim X / Teamgroup T-Force Delta RGB DDR5-8200 2x24 GB / Seagate Firecuda 530 4 TB / 5x Samsung 860 Evo 4 TB / Arctic Liquid Freezer II 420 (Push/Pull 6x Noctua NF-A14 IndustrialPPC-3000 intake) / Seasonic TX-1600 W Titanium / Phanteks Enthoo Pro 2 TG (3x Arctic P12 A-RGB intake / 4x Arctic P14 A-RGB exhaust / 1x Arctic P14 A-RGB RAM cooling) / Samsung Odyssey Neo G8 32" 4K 240 Hz / Ducky One 3 Daybreak Fullsize Cherry MX Brown / Corsair M65 Ultra RGB / PDP Afterglow Wave Black

My Lady's: Clevo NH55JNNQ "Alfred" (2022-24)
Sharp LQ156M1JW03 FHD matte 15.6" IGZO 8 bit @248 Hz / Intel Core i5 12600 / Nvidia Geforce RTX 3070 Ti / Mushkin Redline DDR4-3200 2x32 GB / Samsung 970 Pro 1 TB / Samsung 870 QVO 8 TB / Intel AX201 WIFI 6+BT 5.2 / Win 11 Pro Phoenix Lite OS / 230 W PSU powered by Prema Mod!

1 hour ago, Etern4l said:

The 24GB 7900 XTX should have cost $700 2 years ago? I see wine has already been served at dinner sir 😉

GeForce RTX
3080 Ti 12GB [40][61]

Edit: Personally I don’t care about Azor, I would only worry about drivers/stability/features. The specs look awesome at that price point. HW reliability should be the same: everything comes from TSMC and Micron or Samsung + MSI.

4090 should have never been released. Should have been a Titan card. Geforce gaming should have stopped at 3080 Ti and 20GB vram for 1099$. No gaming card’s should have been above 1099$. So 700$ for the top dog Radeon and 3080 🙂 In absolutely worst case… 1199$ for the best 4K gaming card from Nvidia (102 die). 

• Thumb Up 1
  • Bump 1

5 minutes ago, Papusan said:

4090 should have never been released. Should have been a Titan card. Geforce gaming should have stopped at 3080 Ti and 20GB vram for 1099$. No gaming card’s should have been above 1099$. So 700$ for the top dog Radeon and 3080 🙂 In absolutely worst case… 1199$ for the best 4K gaming card from Nvidia (102 die). 

They actually made a 3080Ti 20GB model. Very few in existence. Pretty cool GPU with no limits like the standard vram gimped 3080Ti. 

• Thumb Up 3
  • Bump 1

13900KF

I’m considering getting a RTX4080 or a 7900XT Nitro+

The 7900XT Nitro+ competes dead on with my 3090 Kingpin in all synthetic benchmarks. Timespy/Timespy Extreme/ Port Royal etc. But, I think it would be better because far less power usage, and faster Starfield performance lol. 

The RTX4080 is faster in everything for the most part. Both cost about the same. 

I feel sick buying a RTX4080 lol. And I’m not buying a 4090. I’m never spending more than $1000 on a GPU ever again. 

Any thoughts? Is this even worth it? 

• Thumb Up 3
  • Bump 2

13900KF

7 minutes ago, tps3443 said:

The 7900XT Nitro+ competes dead on with my 3090 Kingpin in all synthetic benchmarks. Timespy/Timespy Extreme/ Port Royal etc. But, I think it would be better because far less power usage, and faster Starfield performance lol. 

The RTX4080 is faster in everything for the most part. Both cost about the same. 

I feel sick buying a RTX4080 lol. And I’m not buying a 4090. I’m never spending more than $1000 on a GPU ever again. 

Its time to SLI the last card that could ! 

• Thumb Up 2
  • Haha 2

13 minutes ago, tps3443 said:

Maybe wait it out. Starfield is very bad optimized for Intel and nvidia. 3090 isn’t a bad card for gaming. 

https://www.tomshardware.com/features/starfield-pc-performance-how-much-gpu-do-you-need

• Thumb Up 2
  • Bump 1

1 hour ago, Papusan said:

4090 should have never been released.

I guess the plan was to release 4090, then follow up with $2k+ Titan. Could be why they castrated the card out of its pro features. Then they realised it's not crypto boom anymore, the market isn't there, and why release a Titan when you can rip prosumers right off with the A-series cards. 

46 minutes ago, tps3443 said:

Neither, both are a step down in terms of RAM vs your 3090. Maybe try to scope a deal for a 7900 XTX Nito+? Beats the 4080, 24GB of RAM, and of course you get that ultimate Starfield performance ;) (and who knows what else using the new/experimental HIP driver)

https://www.techpowerup.com/review/sapphire-radeon-rx-7900-xtx-nitro/32.html

"The Sapphire Radeon RX 7900 XTX Nitro+ comes with the largest factory overclock of all Navi 31 cards that we've tested so far. Sapphire was also very generous with their power limits. During overclocking, with increased limits we were able to max out the 525 W power delivery capability of the 3x 8-pin inputs."

37 minutes ago, Papusan said:

Maybe wait it out. Starfield is very bad optimized for Intel and nvidia. 3090 isn’t a bad card for gaming. 

https://www.tomshardware.com/features/starfield-pc-performance-how-much-gpu-do-you-need

I really don't trust those Tom people, so I hope that the review has been sponsored by NVidia to spread FUD. What they are saying is that 7900 XTX drew some 350W, while the 4090 only needed 230W to achieve a bit less performance. If that's true then I fold lol

Edit: other people report this effect as well, but it's likely it's not a conspiracy. The difference could be due to FSR2 being used instead of the much more compute intensive DLSS. Sounds plausible. Still doesn't look that good for AMD in terms of W/frame. Doesn't look good for NVidia either unless DLSS produces higher image quality than FSR2.

• Thumb Up 1
  • Like 1

-- Max Tegmark

People (and companies) that make legitimate mistakes, even very serious mistakes, and own them deserve second chances. You follow the Golden Rule with folks like that. On the other hand, people (and companies) that are deranged, corrupt, fundamentally dishonest and unredeemable, evil human beings should be shown no mercy. They deserve to be put our of their our misery. You don't give them second chances because they do not own their mistakes, have no intention of changing their actions or doing better. They will continue exactly doing what you gave them a second chance for because they either think they are right or don't see a problem with doing what they are doing.

1 hour ago, ryan said:

I have a few free full fat cd keys for game pass if anyone wants to bench starfield...probably not lol, just unoptimised sad how my 3060 runs it on ultra 4k at 30fps yet a 4090 doesn't do 120fps at 4k.

Does it require paying a monthly fee to Micro$lop for GamePass access?

• Thumb Up 4
  • Bump 1

Wraith // Z790 Apex | 14900KF | 4090 Suprim X+Byksi Block | 48GB DDR5-8600 | Toughpower GF3 1650W | MO-RA3 360 | Hailea HC-500A || O11D XL EVO
Banshee // Z790 Apex Encore | 13900KS | 4090 Gaming OC+Alphacool Block | 48GB DDR5-8600 | RM1200x SHIFT | XT45 1080 Nova || Dark Base Pro 901
Munchkin // Z790i Edge | 14900KF | Arc A770 Phantom Gaming OC | 48GB DDR5-8200 | GameMax 850W | EK Nucleus CR360 Dark || Prime AP201 
Half-Breed // Dell Precision 7720 | BGA CPU Filth+MXM Quadro P5000 | Sub-$500 Grade A Refurb || Nothing to Write Home About  

Mr. Fox YouTube Channel | Mr. Fox @ HWBOT

The average response time for a 911 call is 10 minutes. The response time of a .357 is 1400 feet per second. 

40 minutes ago, Mr. Fox said:

Does it require paying a monthly fee to Micro$lop for GamePass access?

Yes. But it’s a great deal. Here’s the thing. Console games are expensive! Like $50 to $60 a pop most times. Game pass gives you access to so many Xbox games for free with a monthly subscription and other things as well, like playing all of those same Xbox games right on your PC too with the same account. It’s the only monthly subscriptions other than Netflix that is worth the money. 

You can try it for free I think for a month and see if you like it. 

Since Microsoft is buying up game developer studios and stuff, more games become available left and right. It’s not like some game subscriptions, where they only give you the crappy games for free and the elite AAA titles are extra.

• Thumb Up 3
  • Like 1

13900KF

1 hour ago, tps3443 said:

Yes. But it’s a great deal. Here’s the thing. Console games are expensive! Like $50 to $60 a pop most times. Game pass gives you access to so many Xbox games for free with a monthly subscription and other things as well, like playing all of those same Xbox games right on your PC too with the same account. It’s the only monthly subscriptions other than Netflix that is worth the money. 

You can try it for free I think for a month and see if you like it. 

Since Microsoft is buying up game developer studios and stuff, more games become available left and right. It’s not like some game subscriptions, where they only give you the crappy games for free and the elite AAA titles are extra.

That would be a waste of money for me, honestly. Unless it were free or like $5-$10 per month. I spend maybe $20-$30 dollars a year on games. Sometimes $0, There have been times when it was a year between seeing anything that I was interested in, or had to wait a year or two for the price to fall to a price low enough that I was willing to purchase it. 

• Thumb Up 1

Wraith // Z790 Apex | 14900KF | 4090 Suprim X+Byksi Block | 48GB DDR5-8600 | Toughpower GF3 1650W | MO-RA3 360 | Hailea HC-500A || O11D XL EVO
Banshee // Z790 Apex Encore | 13900KS | 4090 Gaming OC+Alphacool Block | 48GB DDR5-8600 | RM1200x SHIFT | XT45 1080 Nova || Dark Base Pro 901
Munchkin // Z790i Edge | 14900KF | Arc A770 Phantom Gaming OC | 48GB DDR5-8200 | GameMax 850W | EK Nucleus CR360 Dark || Prime AP201 
Half-Breed // Dell Precision 7720 | BGA CPU Filth+MXM Quadro P5000 | Sub-$500 Grade A Refurb || Nothing to Write Home About  

The average response time for a 911 call is 10 minutes. The response time of a .357 is 1400 feet per second. 

3 hours ago, tps3443 said:

I'm not seeing that as a worthy upgrade. 7900xt 20GB is a hard no and the 16GB capped 4080 is even worse.

Stick with your 3090, get 4090 or get a 7900xtx.

You get the 7900xt with less vram and basically 3090 raster performance for a game which has sloppy Nvidia code and/or AMD optimizations (Sponsored by AMD)  just launched which will undoubtedly get refinements which could go...well...any which way. I would just wait a few months and see how things pan out patch/driver update wise THEN decide if you want to get a new GPU.

If...

IF you are going to upgrade, grab a 4090 or 7900xtx.

Since you say you're never spending more than $1k on a GPU ever again then the answer is pretty clear: 7900xtx.

If you go with a 7900xtx, make sure to get a model with max power limits since I assume you're going to block and OC it.

Tier 1 favs for me are Taichi, Nitro+, Devil. Id pass on the Phantom and Elite.

You can flash the Aqua Vbios on the Taichi and maybe some of the other cards but it might require a programmer for the initial Aqua Vbios flash then you can flash the Aqua Super/Extreme Bios if you want. Blocked and chilled, you would definitely be able to extract some righteous performance from it.

1244927016_7900xtxpowertiers.thumb.jpg.7eebaa4e16b1273f34b117869f1ae6ae.jpg

If you go 4090, sky's the limit as you just basically get the most powerful, dominant card on the market but it also costs quite a bit more and grossly exceeds your $1k threshold.

Best bang:buck is seriously the 7900xtx especially for Starfield atm....

But I suggest taking @Papusan's suggestion:

3 hours ago, Papusan said:

• Thumb Up 2
  • Like 1
  • Bump 1

Electrosoft Prime: 7950X3D | MSI X670E Carbon  | MSI Suprim X Liquid 4090 | AC LF II 420 | G.Skill 6000 A-Die 2x32GB | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB | EVGA 1600w P2 | Phanteks Ethroo Pro | Alienware AW3225QF 32" OLED

MelMel:  AMD Ryzen 5 7600x | Asus B650 Prime | Powercolor Spectra White 7900XTX | Asus Ryugin III 240mm AIO | M-die 2x16GB Custom | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB | EVGA P2 850w | Hyte Y40 | BenQ 32" 4k
Heath: i9-12900k | EVGA CLC 280 | Asus Strix Z690 D4 | Asus Strix 3080 | 32GB DDR4 2x16GB B-Die 4000  | WD Black SN850 512GB |  EVGA DG-77 | Samsung G7 32" 144hz 32"

Eurocom Raptor X15 | 12900k | Nvidia RTX 3070ti | 15.6" 1080p 240hz | Kingston 3200 32GB (2x16GB) | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB Heatsink Edition

I can't relate to the idea of anyone purchasing hardware or making a final decision around one specific game, or mostly ignoring anything else. That seems absolutely absurd to me. Based on such a narrow view, decisions that seem right today based on a myopic view might totally change overnight and be a horrible idea tomorrow.

• Thumb Up 2
  • Like 1
  • Bump 1

Looks like Techspot did a Starfield analysis with (32) different GPU’s. 

I did my own as well. Not sure how they got those numbers. Makes me think the AMD cards are superior at lower resolutions, and the Nvidia cards were CPU bottlenecked… Something ain’t right. I used one level for my benchmark, whereas there are many parts in the game when the frame rate is gonna be higher than in my video. 

(32 GPU chart)

UFrJg6a.jpg

• Thumb Up 2
  • Bump 1

13900KF

even newbs like me are getting better performance that the media outlet benchmarkers their bar is low probably have 400 processes running in the background, i think it says something when people with 3060 cant run low 1080p and im running 4k ultra/low shadows and getting a locked 30 with the performance glitches here and there.

but honestly your performance seems mighty high you must be overclocking?

ultra everything no upscaling or fsr ect: settings

Screenshot-20.png

example performance:

Screenshot-21.png

hovers in high 30s maxed at 1080p i will add i use fsr2 at 80-90 percent resolution for 4k and it looks great but if i want i can run medium/high at 4k without FSR2 and get around 24-34 fps

this game is a unique rpg, it seems to grab your attention when a typical rpg doesn't. this game is slow at the beginning but man o man does it pick up. I just got to the warlock mission and I haven't even finished 0.1 percent of the game with 12 hours logged in

at 1080p im getting 7-9fps more than a desktop 3060 and my gpu is undervolted and underclocked for temps during a long session.

also I'd like to say I think its mainly software and drivers not hardware or engine related with the performance, I expect a drivers from nvidia and amd that will dramatically improve stability and performance. heres hoping with fingers crossed. as for the actual game id say a 7.5-8.5 is justified anything lower is trolling.

• Thumb Up 2
  • Bump 1

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled

17 minutes ago, ryan said:

even newbs like me are getting better performance that the media outlet benchmarkers their bar is low probably have 400 processes running in the background, i think it says something when people with 3060 cant run low 1080p and im running 4k ultra/low shadows and getting a locked 30 with the performance glitches here and there.

but honestly your performance seems mighty high you must be overclocking?

ultra everything no upscaling or fsr ect: settings

Screenshot-20.png

example performance:

Screenshot-21.png

hovers in high 30s maxed at 1080p i will add i use fsr2 at 80-90 percent resolution for 4k and it looks great but if i want i can run medium/high at 4k without FSR2 and get around 24-34 fps

this game is a unique rpg, it seems to grab your attention when a typical rpg doesn't. this game is slow at the beginning but man o man does it pick up. I just got to the warlock mission and I haven't even finished 0.1 percent of the game with 12 hours logged in

at 1080p im getting 7-9fps more than a desktop 3060 and my gpu is undervolted and underclocked for temps during a long session.

also I'd like to say I think its mainly software and drivers not hardware or engine related with the performance, I expect a drivers from nvidia and amd that will dramatically improve stability and performance. heres hoping with fingers crossed. as for the actual game id say a 7.5-8.5 is justified anything lower is trolling.

Im glad you’re able to get a good playable experience! How do you like the game? You put in any long sessions on it yet? I am seriously enjoying it. I recently travelled to some planet/city in game and stayed there forever and ever doing just side missions.

• Thumb Up 2

13900KF

I feel overwhelmed by it as im not a hardcore gamer anymore this game is like the new crysis for me personally. I'm really enjoying it, the gun play reminds me of fallout 3. the story is pretty ok not super into it yet but I hear things get more interesting 20 hours in. im curious what the artifacts are and why they do what they do, and what the origins of them are.

I like exploring the worlds and seeing different scenes. I havent really been able to mine much as im just thinking now about how to get more credits, like should I be mining on mars or something and then where do I sell the metals I have alot left to figure out as far as the basics go, I was alot sharper and better at videogames in my younger years(illness).

but yes im really enjoying it and this is looking like the second game I beat since crysis. forza motorsport being the first and this being the second which says more than any review or perhaps its just a coincidence the game is holding my attention.

Im thinking of playing other games on my backlog like cyberpunk/witcher3/rdr2/and finishing gta v...might even give fallout and skyrim(modded) a chance. gaming can be rewarding much like solving a intricate puzzle or watching/reading an enthralling movie or book

and yes ive had some long sessions. 30min-3hours. I just played for an hour im just taking a break (playing tom petty-wont back down lol) absorbing what I watched in the game. they say we can only learn for 10 minutes at a time and a break after 10mins and reflection on the 10 mins is a good idea.

• Thumb Up 2

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled