NotebookTalk

*Official Benchmark Thread* - Post it here or it didn't happen :D

Mr. Fox

Red vs blue processors in Starfield. This isn't about the bugs with Ryzen and the AMD optimized game😁

As I said before... Nvidia can't make AI cards from their low/mid tier graphics chips. 

16 hours ago, Papusan said:

My oldest son bought an ROG Thor 1200W Psu a month before my vacation. Dead on arrival 1 day after he started use it. Weird problems as no boot and suddenly shut downs. No consistency. I advised him to test with his older PSU. The machine started work properly again. I said… Buy an BeQuiet or an Corsair 1500i.

Forgot this one with Asus. My oldes son also had the ASUS ROG Strix Arion SSD Enclosure. While I was in vaccation I got an message from him on my phone. He connected the ASUS SSD Enclosure to his Jokebook. A nice and ugly electronic smell come out from the USB-C connector on the Enclosure and the whole box stopped work. No sign of life from the box or the flashy bling bling lights. Dead. Yup, Double Asus failure within one month. Fun with todays modern tech.

Yes, I won't buy this fancy box. All to expensive and I don't like how it panned out. This bling bling box cost from 50% more and upwards vs an more vanilla SSD Enclosure box... Best SSD and Hard Drive Enclosures 

ROG STRIX ARION | Storage | ROG United States

• Thumb Up 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

"The Killer"  ASUS ROG Z790 Apex Encore | 14900KS | 4090 HOF + 20 other graphics cards | 32GB DDR5 | Be Quiet! Dark Power Pro 12 - 1500 Watt | Second PSU - Cooler Master V750 SFX Gold 750W (For total of 2250W Power) | Corsair Obsidian 1000D | Custom Cooling | Asus ROG Strix XG27AQ 27" Monitors |

Papusan @ HWBOTTeam PremaMod @ HWBOT | Papusan @ YouTube Channel

some companies are more prone to failure for sure, and why buy their products and risk it. still like tps said luck does play a factor. Iv'e had horrible experiences with msi but many on NBR have not they swear by msi and only buy msi products, I won't touch them after the debacle with the gs63vrs fans quiting after 2 months twice then being told there is nothing wrong with the components.

I don't touch asus but plenty of people have had good fortune with them. alot of people are buying the strix 4090 laptop and not many reports of failures with any components. but all said and done yes asus and msi are the last brands id touch when I build my desktop

• Thumb Up 1

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled

1 hour ago, ryan said:

some companies are more prone to failure for sure, and why buy their products and risk it. still like tps said luck does play a factor. Iv'e had horrible experiences with msi but many on NBR have not they swear by msi and only buy msi products, I won't touch them after the debacle with the gs63vrs fans quiting after 2 months twice then being told there is nothing wrong with the components.

I don't touch asus but plenty of people have had good fortune with them. alot of people are buying the strix 4090 laptop and not many reports of failures with any components. but all said and done yes asus and msi are the last brands id touch when I build my desktop

TL;DR : Pick your poison. 🙈🙉🙊

• Thumb Up 2
  • Haha 1

Electrosoft Prime: 7950X3D | MSI X670E Carbon  | MSI Suprim X Liquid 4090 | AC LF II 420 | G.Skill 6000 A-Die 2x32GB | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB | EVGA 1600w P2 | Phanteks Ethroo Pro | Alienware AW3225QF 32" OLED

MelMel:  AMD Ryzen 5 7600x | Asus B650 Prime | Powercolor Spectra White 7900XTX | Asus Ryugin III 240mm AIO | M-die 2x16GB Custom | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB | EVGA P2 850w | Hyte Y40 | BenQ 32" 4k
Heath: i9-12900k | EVGA CLC 280 | Asus Strix Z690 D4 | Asus Strix 3080 | 32GB DDR4 2x16GB B-Die 4000  | WD Black SN850 512GB |  EVGA DG-77 | Samsung G7 32" 144hz 32"

Eurocom Raptor X15 | 12900k | Nvidia RTX 3070ti | 15.6" 1080p 240hz | Kingston 3200 32GB (2x16GB) | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB Heatsink Edition

Wow.... Asus want 1200$ above their already overpriced ROG GeForce RTX 4090 Strix OC. Or the double price of the 4090 MSRP. Nice.

Here home... Above 4200$ with the dreaded Norwegian tax. 

4090 ROG GeForce RTX 4090 Matrix Platinum comes at an MSRP of $3200

The PCB design is virtually identical to that of the ASUS STRIX, the monitoring circuits for the additional temperature and power sensors cost a few dollars. I expect adding an second 12VHPWR connector on the PCB would mean a full re-design of the Strix PCB. That would further increase the price point. 

Manual power limit increase tops out at 600W.

ASUS GeForce RTX 4090 Matrix Platinum Review - The RTX 4090 Ti

• Bump 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

"The Killer"  ASUS ROG Z790 Apex Encore | 14900KS | 4090 HOF + 20 other graphics cards | 32GB DDR5 | Be Quiet! Dark Power Pro 12 - 1500 Watt | Second PSU - Cooler Master V750 SFX Gold 750W (For total of 2250W Power) | Corsair Obsidian 1000D | Custom Cooling | Asus ROG Strix XG27AQ 27" Monitors |

3 hours ago, Papusan said:

Wow.... Asus want 1200$ above their already overpriced ROG GeForce RTX 4090 Strix OC. Or the double price of the 4090 MSRP. Nice.

Here home... Above 4200$ with the dreaded Norwegian tax. 

4090 ROG GeForce RTX 4090 Matrix Platinum comes at an MSRP of $3200

The PCB design is virtually identical to that of the ASUS STRIX, the monitoring circuits for the additional temperature and power sensors cost a few dollars. I expect adding an second 12VHPWR connector on the PCB would mean a full re-design of the Strix PCB. That would further increase the price point. 

Manual power limit increase tops out at 600W.

ASUS GeForce RTX 4090 Matrix Platinum Review - The RTX 4090 Ti

Well... somebody is going to be stupid enough to pay $3200 for this goofy piece of crap. The Strix is already so overpriced and inconsistent that only a silly person that prefers to pay more and get less would buy it, and I wouldn't expect to see more than a $200 premium for the AIO add-on. But, it's ASUS and they seem to think all of their customers are as dumb as a box of rocks. There is some truth to that though, at least to the extent that they are able to sell their overpriced garbage.

17 hours ago, ryan said:

but all said and done yes asus and msi are the last brands id touch when I build my desktop

Um, ok. That leaves... what? Gigabyte and ASROCK? Not sure either of them actually have anything compelling to offer in terms of good quality products or acceptable warranty service.  Generally will be falling short in one or both areas.

15 hours ago, electrosoft said:

TL;DR : Pick your poison. 🙈🙉🙊

Yeah, exactly. Do you want cancer, congestive heart failure, Alzheimer's, or just die a slow and painful death in a tragic accident?

There has never been a worse time that I can remember to have an interest in high performance computers. The options suck and the companies offering the sucky options are scummy. The extremely limited offerings (one or zero options for each brand) that hold a degree of promise are so grossly overpriced that there is no real value left to be derived from owning them. 🤢

• Thumb Up 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Bump 1

Wraith // Z790 Apex | 14900KF | 4090 Suprim X+Byksi Block | 48GB DDR5-8600 | Toughpower GF3 1650W | MO-RA3 360 | Hailea HC-500A || O11D XL EVO
Banshee // Z790 Apex Encore | 13900KS | 4090 Gaming OC+Alphacool Block | 48GB DDR5-8600 | RM1200x SHIFT | XT45 1080 Nova || Dark Base Pro 901
Munchkin // Z790i Edge | 14900KF | Arc A770 Phantom Gaming OC | 48GB DDR5-8200 | GameMax 850W | EK Nucleus CR360 Dark || Prime AP201 
Half-Breed // Dell Precision 7720 | BGA CPU Filth+MXM Quadro P5000 | Sub-$500 Grade A Refurb || Nothing to Write Home About  

Mr. Fox YouTube Channel | Mr. Fox @ HWBOT

The average response time for a 911 call is 10 minutes. The response time of a .357 is 1400 feet per second. 

AsRock did a lot of improvements in the last years. They are a brand worth looking into right now. At least on the AMD  Am5 front they have some good products.

• Thumb Up 1
  • Bump 2

7950X3D| Zotac 4090 AMP Extreme Airo| MSI MPG B650 Edge Wifi| Lian Li Galahad 360 V2| 32GB Kingston Renegade RGBZ 6000|Kingston KC3000 2TB| Fury Renegade 2TB|Samsung 970 Evo 1TB| Lian Li O11 Dynamic Evo| Corsair HX1500i| Samsung Odyssey G9 Neo

Asus Zephyrus G15 (Ryzen 9 6900HS + RTX3080)

45 minutes ago, cylix said:

AsRock did a lot of improvements in the last years. They are a brand worth looking into right now. At least on the AMD  Am5 front they have some good products.

Weird firmware. I was not impressed with the Intel Taichi I owned (my first and last ASROCK mobo). It was quite poor build quality. I called it Chai Tea instead of Taichi in a YouTube video on my channel. It was pretty crappy. That was several years ago and they might be better as you suggested. And, it could be different for AMD motherboards.

But, the real issue is warranty support is pretty sucky. You have to first attempt to resolve any issues with the company that sold it to you. Which could be good or bad, depending on what kind of service that company offers. And, if you are not the person they sold it to, then I guess you're just screwed. Better luck next time?

https://www.asrock.com/support/index.asp?cat=RMA

I cannot imagine a scenario where this drama would play out in a timely manner. Might even take longer than ASUS to jump through these hoops. See below. This makes me cringe... real bad.

ASRock provide 1 year warranty service to Authorized Distributor, users should refer to the retailer or original vender RMA & Refund policy. If experiencing difficulties in warranty service through your dealer or place of purchase, ASRock will attempt to resolve this issue. For the motherboard that out of warranty, there is a service charge depend on the model + shipping for each item. ASRock America will only provide warranty service to ASRock products purchased within North America.

BIOS $15.00 + shipping
ASRock CD $8.00 + shipping
ASRock I/O Panel $8.00 + shipping

IPC MB Service

»For ASRock IPC Authorized Distributors or direct customer:

Please contact ASRock IPC RMA directly.

»End users or indirect customer:

Thank you for choosing ASRock IPC Motherboard. Due to the unique configuration of each computer, we recommend you to contact your dealer for technical support. If you would like contact us for technical support. Please contact us (https://event.asrock.com/tsd.asp) and give us a detail description of the problem.

ASRock IPC provide 24 months warranty service to Authorized Distributor or direct customer. End users should refer to the retailer or original vender RMA & Refund policy. If experiencing difficulties in warranty service through your dealer or place of purchase, ASRock will attempt to resolve this issue.

• Thumb Up 1
  • Like 1

Wraith // Z790 Apex | 14900KF | 4090 Suprim X+Byksi Block | 48GB DDR5-8600 | Toughpower GF3 1650W | MO-RA3 360 | Hailea HC-500A || O11D XL EVO
Banshee // Z790 Apex Encore | 13900KS | 4090 Gaming OC+Alphacool Block | 48GB DDR5-8600 | RM1200x SHIFT | XT45 1080 Nova || Dark Base Pro 901
Munchkin // Z790i Edge | 14900KF | Arc A770 Phantom Gaming OC | 48GB DDR5-8200 | GameMax 850W | EK Nucleus CR360 Dark || Prime AP201 
Half-Breed // Dell Precision 7720 | BGA CPU Filth+MXM Quadro P5000 | Sub-$500 Grade A Refurb || Nothing to Write Home About  

The average response time for a 911 call is 10 minutes. The response time of a .357 is 1400 feet per second. 

Max OC = 3060 from HUB and basically Strix level hardware with some tweaks (as noted by @Papusan). What I took away the most from this review was how impressive those Kryosheets (aka PT) are for cooling getting into the neighborhood of liquid metal even for GPUs. (LM = 58, KS = 60, Paste = 67). Those pads really do seem to be the best of both worlds if you don't want the headaches of liquid metal.

Pricing = $4000 US?!?!?!?!?! Is that for real?

De8auer going more indepth as always.

Max OC = 3090 but better normal out of the box thermal and clock characteristics. These are "binned" from Asus.

Optimum (formerly Optimum Tech) quick comparison to FE and MSI Liquid. I'm sure LM would make the Liquid and Matrix even for temps.

Again, great out of the box thermal and clocking characteristics but max OC = ~3000 flat

Aesthetically, it is gorgeous and would really shine vertically mounted in a nice industrial build.

Outside of that? Nothing really special.

Average OC across all three cards = ~3050mhz.

Also the copper and LM is not going to bode well over time.

• Thumb Up 1
  • Thanks 1

Electrosoft Prime: 7950X3D | MSI X670E Carbon  | MSI Suprim X Liquid 4090 | AC LF II 420 | G.Skill 6000 A-Die 2x32GB | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB | EVGA 1600w P2 | Phanteks Ethroo Pro | Alienware AW3225QF 32" OLED

MelMel:  AMD Ryzen 5 7600x | Asus B650 Prime | Powercolor Spectra White 7900XTX | Asus Ryugin III 240mm AIO | M-die 2x16GB Custom | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB | EVGA P2 850w | Hyte Y40 | BenQ 32" 4k
Heath: i9-12900k | EVGA CLC 280 | Asus Strix Z690 D4 | Asus Strix 3080 | 32GB DDR4 2x16GB B-Die 4000  | WD Black SN850 512GB |  EVGA DG-77 | Samsung G7 32" 144hz 32"

Eurocom Raptor X15 | 12900k | Nvidia RTX 3070ti | 15.6" 1080p 240hz | Kingston 3200 32GB (2x16GB) | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB Heatsink Edition

1 hour ago, electrosoft said:

Aesthetically, it is gorgeous and would really shine vertically mounted in a nice industrial build.

Outside of that? Nothing really special.

Average OC across all three cards = ~3050mhz.

Also the copper and LM is not going to bode well over time.

If I remeber correctly. This cards is 3 slot. Why? Because the way they have implemented the bling bling?

1 hour ago, electrosoft said:

What I took away the most from this review was how impressive those Kryosheets (aka PT) are for cooling getting into the neighborhood of liquid metal even for GPUs. (LM = 58, KS = 60, Paste = 67). Those pads really do seem to be the best of both worlds if you don't want the headaches of liquid metal.

I mean I saw one that tested LM vs thermal paste. He got 1C improvement with LM. And regarding ASUS LM implemention. Why use pure copper for the cold plate and not nickel plated copper? Too expensive make it for a 3200$ graphics card? 

From the comments section... I asked ASUS for a statement about the liquid metal / nickel plating situation. Here is the answer: ASUS has gathered a lot of experience with liquid metal on our Highend Gaming Notebooks and we have done a lot of intense testing, so we are confident that ROG MATRIX RTX 4090 will last for many years to come. This is why we have an extended warranty (for example up to 5 years in Germany) and we will always service our customers. Is this a JOKE? Then why do Asus use nickelplated copper for their Jokebooks that come with liquid metal? 

stupid quotes GIF

See 11:09

cooler2.jpg

This is their cheapo Strix OC

heatpipes.jpg

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, Papusan said:

If I remeber correctly. This cards is 3 slot. Why? Because the way they have implemented the bling bling?

I mean I saw one that tested LM vs thermal paste. He got 1C improvement with LM. And regarding ASUS LM implemention. Why use pure copper for the cold plate and not nickel plated copper? Too expensive make it for a 3200$ graphics card? 

From the comments section... I asked ASUS for a statement about the liquid metal / nickel plating situation. Here is the answer: ASUS has gathered a lot of experience with liquid metal on our Highend Gaming Notebooks and we have done a lot of intense testing, so we are confident that ROG MATRIX RTX 4090 will last for many years to come. This is why we have an extended warranty (for example up to 5 years in Germany) and we will always service our customers. Is this a JOKE? Then why do Asus use nickelplated copper for their Jokebooks that come with liquid metal? 

stupid quotes GIF

See 11:09

cooler2.jpg

This is their cheapo Strix OC

heatpipes.jpg

Yeah, totally. Bare copper versus nickel plating, or even solid nickel, or even gold, for the assinine price tag is just inexcusable. It really shows what a lame, half-a$$ed outfit ASUS is. Rape you (literally) on the price of an ordinary GPU with an AIO and give you a chintzy cold plate that doesn't even perform optimally with the liquid metal it ships with. And, it's a real joke that the memory isn't actively water cooled. So, it begs the question of what is the purchaser actually paying for? I really can't tell. Bling? For an extra $2000+. They're idiots and they lack integrity... plain and simple. It's a joke, but not a funny one.

2 hours ago, Papusan said:

stupid quotes GIF

Exactly.

image.png

• Thumb Up 3
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Mr. Fox said:

Yeah, totally. Bare copper versus nickel plating, or even solid nickel, or even gold, for the assinine price tag is just inexcusable. It really shows what a lame, half-a$$ed outfit ASUS is. Rape you (literally) on the price of an ordinary GPU with an AIO and give you a chintzy cold plate that doesn't even perform optimally with the liquid metal it ships with. What is the purchaser actually paying for? I really can't tell. Bling? For an extra $2000+. They're idiots and they lack integrity... plain and simple. 

Exactly.

I'm 100% sure it was about the costs. They could spend a bit less on the fancy alu block or reduce the profits. And the card haven't needed to be so fancy. Aka they could easly cut the cost on the card.

And if they sold the card at 2500/2600$ they would still make an decent profits. 

Michael Douglas High Quality GIF

• Thumb Up 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Papusan said:

I'm 100% sure it was about the costs. They could spend a bit less on the fancy alu block or reduce the profits. 

And if they sold the card at 2500/2600$ they would still make an decent profits. 

Michael Douglas High Quality GIF

One of the ways greed manifests itself is by cheating your customers and assuming all of them are too stupid to recognize that they are getting screwed. I really hope they have difficulty selling this pathetic product. If it sells well it it prove that 100% of the people that purchased it are, in fact, stupid. I mean, c'mon. It even sucks at overclocking, which is another trait it has in common with the Strix 4090. If they're really binning the GPU cores or memory, the people doing the binning need to find a new line of work because they suck at their job.

• Thumb Up 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, cylix said:

I love ASRock and their products. Been using them for a while now. My AM4 MB was rock solid, and had a lot of features. Not to mention my Taichi GPU, which is fantastic!

• Thumb Up 2
  • Bump 1

Lian Li Lancool III | Ryzen 9 7950X | 48gb G-skill Trident Z5 DDR5 8000mhz | MSI Mpg X670E Carbon |

AsRock Taichi Radeon 7900xtx Bykski Block |Raijintek Scylla Pro 360 custom loop| Crucial T700 1tb

WD Black's SN770 500gb/1tb NVME | Toshiba 8Tb 7200rpm Data |

EVGA 1000w SuperNova |32" Agon 1440p 165hz Curved Screen |  Windows 10 LoT 21h2

On 9/12/2023 at 8:48 AM, Mr. Fox said:

That's what I've been saying all along... I need a 1.200V+ vBIOS or hardware mod that works in order to get what I paid for. Increasing the power limit is waste of time when you don't have the ability to consume it and more than a 1.100V baby-girl voltage cap is the only way to get there. As awesome as they might be the 4090 is castrated by insufficient voltage.

1.25v and 1500W only from the card. Not sure you want that in 3DMark or your games, LOOL

Add 50mv more for 1.3v and you may see 1700W from the card before it die, HaHa

• Thumb Up 4

17 minutes ago, Papusan said:

1.25v and 1500W only from the card. Not sure you want that in 3DMark or your games, LOOL

KEFI out here talking the talk and walking the walk. Buying hardware out of his own pocket and just pushing it as far as it will go. This is his second 4090 after his first went to hardware heaven and  he ordered a HOF 4090 too (second half of video).

• Thumb Up 2
  • Bump 1

43 minutes ago, electrosoft said:

KEFI out here talking the talk and walking the walk. Buying hardware out of his own pocket and just pushing it as far as it will go. This is his second 4090 after his first went to hardware heaven and  he ordered a HOF 4090 too (second half of video).

I guess the part that we don't know is if the video card itself or the core is what failed. If the 4090 core can't handle a baby girl 1.300V overvolt as a daily driver (with proper cooling) then the Galaxy HOF is a frivolous waste of money. At that point the party is over and nobody gets any cake or ice cream.

• Thumb Up 2
  • Bump 1

7 hours ago, Mr. Fox said:

Weird firmware. I was not impressed with the Intel Taichi I owned (my first and last ASROCK mobo). It was quite poor build quality. I called it Chai Tea instead of Taichi in a YouTube video on my channel. It was pretty crappy. That was several years ago and they might be better as you suggested. And, it could be different for AMD motherboards.

But, the real issue is warranty support is pretty sucky. You have to first attempt to resolve any issues with the company that sold it to you. Which could be good or bad, depending on what kind of service that company offers. And, if you are not the person they sold it to, then I guess you're just screwed. Better luck next time?

https://www.asrock.com/support/index.asp?cat=RMA

I cannot imagine a scenario where this drama would play out in a timely manner. Might even take longer than ASUS to jump through these hoops. See below. This makes me cringe... real bad.

Or you could be denied a warranty claim for a broken warranty seal sticker which is against the law yet still do it anyhow as Asrock seems to be doing:

• Thumb Up 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 2

10 hours ago, electrosoft said:

Or you could be denied a warranty claim for a broken warranty seal sticker which is against the law yet still do it anyhow as Asrock seems to be doing:

Laws are only of value when they are enforced and obeyed. Hence the truth of the old cliche "When guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns." Scummy people and scummy companies know they can disregard the law and get away with it, so they do. Enforcement only happens when it is convenient, politically correct or a special interest benefits from it.

• Thumb Up 2
  • Bump 1

Yay! It's fixed! No more silly nonsense with the vCore latch reset extra click pop-up window crap. 

https://www.hwinfo.com/forum/threads/feature-request.9177/post-41849

1695214353885.png

@Papusan @tps3443

• Thumb Up 1

18 minutes ago, Mr. Fox said:

Yay! It's fixed! No more silly nonsense with the vCore latch reset extra click pop-up window crap. 

https://www.hwinfo.com/forum/threads/feature-request.9177/post-41849

1695214353885.png

Nice some fix their failures 🙂 But if you get the wrong hardware you can't fix it. With some MB you are screwed with only two PCIe 8-pin connectors for the GPU. Once again a useless new PSU if you have the new Radeon cards with more than two power connectors. Soon nobody can buy a new PSU if they went the Red side of tech. The new 12VHPWR connector standard have destoyed the way an PSU should looks like. There is a few MB that need 3 PCIE connectors (Cpu and MB). All you have left is one or two for your  GPU. Nice. Is this what we call innovation?

10529_16_xpg-core-reactor-ii-850w-atx-3-0-80-plus-gold-psu-review.jpg

XPG Core Reactor II 850w ATX 3.0 80 PLUS Gold PSU Review
As far as performance and price goes, our review showed it's hard to look past XPG's new Core Reactor II 850w ATX 3.0 80 PLUS Gold power supply.

The reviewer is out of touch....He value features in the final conclution with 100%. Perverse.

• Thumb Up 2
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Papusan said:

Nice some fix their failures 🙂 But if you get the wrong hardware you can't fix it. With some MB you are screwed with only two PCIe 8-pin connectors. Once again a useless new PSU if you have the new Radeon cards with more than two power connectors. Soon nowbody can buy a new PSU if they went the Red side of tech.

10529_16_xpg-core-reactor-ii-850w-atx-3-0-80-plus-gold-psu-review.jpg

XPG Core Reactor II 850w ATX 3.0 80 PLUS Gold PSU Review
As far as performance and price goes, our review showed it's hard to look past XPG's new Core Reactor II 850w ATX 3.0 80 PLUS Gold power supply.

😠that really sucks... the people manufacturing PC parts are largely dishonest and stupid

Hey Brothers @Clamibot @Raiderman and @electrosoft - the latest version of GPU Tweak III works directly with my 6900 XT in the same way MSI Afterburner used to work. Check it out with your AMD GPU and see if it holds true for you. Power limit, voltage, core and memory sliders all are working. Credit where credit is due. ASUS did something right here.

image.png

Applied...

image.png

• Like 2
  • Bump 2

44 minutes ago, Mr. Fox said:

😠that really sucks... the people manufacturing PC parts are largely dishonest and stupid

Hey Brothers @Clamibot @Raiderman and @electrosoft - the latest version of GPU Tweak III works directly with my 6900 XT in the same way MSI Afterburner used to work. Check it out with your AMD GPU and see if it holds true for you. Power limit, voltage, core and memory sliders all are working. Credit where credit is due. ASUS did something right here.

image.png

Applied...

image.png

You are sure the voltage slider isn't in the sub menus? This works well with older versions on slightly older cards so maybe it doesn't work with the new and shiny cards from AMD?

GPU Tweak is the only tool I could change everything as etc extended voltage on some older AMD cards. Both the tool from Msi and Evga failed hard. So you are correct, credit to ASUS for this one.

• Thumb Up 1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Papusan said:

He’s just running furmark to break a power usage record or something? 

• Thumb Up 1

13900KF

3 hours ago, tps3443 said:

He’s just running furmark to break a power usage record or something? 

Most likely setting a template for max draw to compare other OC endevours for comparison and know what the upper limit is.

I'm even more curious about his HOF 4090 and the dual power connectors seeing as he was pulling ~1500w from the Strix and pushing his PSU.

With dual PSUs and adequate cooling I'm hoping to see something that will differentiate the HOF from other single lead cards. If it hits the same wall, outside of power balancing the dual connectors would be kind of a dead end due to limitations of the 4090 itself.

• Thumb Up 2
  • Thanks 1