NotebookTalk

*Official Benchmark Thread* - Post it here or it didn't happen :D

Mr. Fox

Screenshot-7.png

Nvidia profile inspector custom settings, but no overclock so basically stock with my set of tweaks. not too bad, higher than most 4080 stock scores so I can't complain. my OMEN 16 had a terrible basline. I think it was 8400 and everyone else was getting 9000 plus. alot of it had to do with Wattage, it was the weak 115w version. this time I went with the 175w version and i9 13th gen cpu. It very fast and gets 27k in cinebench r23 so its pretty good cpu wise. overclocking potential of 210/unknown is pretty exciting because I should be able to nab top spot for any 4080 laptop.

as far as desktops go it basically dead even with a 3080 at stock. thats alot of power that can be moved around the apt. I am going to install a fresh copy of windows and see if I can't break some records, making installation media right now

installed windows 10 to see if I could get better cpu performance. heres stock windows 10. looks like windows 11 it is

Screenshot-3.png

• Thumb Up 2
  • Bump 1

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled

2 hours ago, ryan said:

Screenshot-7.png

Nvidia profile inspector custom settings, but no overclock so basically stock with my set of tweaks. not too bad, higher than most 4080 stock scores so I can't complain. my OMEN 16 had a terrible basline. I think it was 8400 and everyone else was getting 9000 plus. alot of it had to do with Wattage, it was the weak 115w version. this time I went with the 175w version and i9 13th gen cpu. It very fast and gets 27k in cinebench r23 so its pretty good cpu wise. overclocking potential of 210/unknown is pretty exciting because I should be able to nab top spot for any 4080 laptop.

as far as desktops go it basically dead even with a 3080 at stock. thats alot of power that can be moved around the apt. I am going to install a fresh copy of windows and see if I can't break some records, making installation media right now

installed windows 10 to see if I could get better cpu performance. heres stock windows 10. looks like windows 11 it is

Screenshot-3.png

Switching to LM or PTM7950 for the CPU along with a dialed in UV and you will be blowing past 30k on CB23.

Your TS score is definitely better than a 10GB 3080 and on a 3080ti level.

For perspective, your laptop is performing slightly better than my wife's desktop with a Strix 3080 10GB and 12900k and once you dial everything in and optimize the cooling, you're going to blow past it even more especially on the CPU.

• Thumb Up 2

Electrosoft Prime: 7950X3D | MSI X670E Carbon  | MSI Suprim X Liquid 4090 | AC LF II 420 | G.Skill 6000 A-Die 2x32GB | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB | EVGA 1600w P2 | Phanteks Ethroo Pro | Alienware AW3225QF 32" OLED

Eurocom Raptor X15 | 12900k | Nvidia RTX 3070ti | 15.6" 1080p 240hz | Kingston 3200 32GB (2x16GB) | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB Heatsink Edition
Heath: i9-12900k | EVGA CLC 280 | Asus Strix Z690 D4 | Asus Strix 3080 | 32GB DDR4 2x16GB B-Die 4000  | WD Black SN850 512GB |  EVGA DG-77 | Samsung G7 32" 144hz 32"

MelMel:  (Retrofit currently in progress)

thanks, yeah im pretty excited still. one kinda disappointing thing is its all locked down much like my omen was. but stock performance is exceptional. I guess overclocking can increase temps and lower longevity but its fun pushing a system. I can't seem to get the overclocks with msi after burner to improve performance and watts seems to be around 145w for gpu whereas the gpu is 175w. I don't know why its only pulling 145w but I can't imagine what id be getting with 175w. its already overkill for 1600p.

turbomode

Screenshot-2.png

Ok so Ive been having fun with this thing. id give it a solid score out of ten, only downside is speakers and locked cpu. apparently you can unlock advanced bios and enable undervolting and overclocking but im not sure how to do that(anyone?) perhaps you guys are better at googling than me cause the fn and tab method doesnt work. I played with TDP a bit in throttle stop it just lowers performance and temps. honestly its such a huge leap in performance that I dont care for the time being and when technologies like frame geration double framerates in some games with almost 0 visual loss its just an incredible experience. I maxed out my favorite game crysis remastered and was always above 60fps underclocking the gpu and tdp of cpu. like I think on my omen at 1080p i was getting like 20-40fps now at 1600p im getting like 90fps

I havent hooked the laptop up to my oled tv yet but im going to and it would be something else if this puppy can game at 4k while maintaining 120fps at any setting heck even low would be nice. my 3060 could barely do 4k/60 in older titles at high/medium settings in moderately demanding titles like grid legends.

overall im happy with the purchase, its not that I didnt want a desktop its just that for the same price i get something i can move around and has a built in display, the miniled display is what pushed me over the edge to buy it because typically miniled 4080 laptops are in excess of 3000 usd and 3000 cad is a heck of a deal. I know bros here are going to comment on how the thing overheats and cannot be upgraded but honestly after being here for a few years its like every component gets upgraded because after a year or two its out of date and its costly staying on the bleeding edge. I have never had a laptop like this and look forward to playing starfield and gta VI on it and hopefully they encorperate frame generation in gta it would help alot and im sure they will.

back to benching, sigh if only I could overclock this thing better its like god doesnt want me to push computers.

So here it is for the time being until I figure out this laptop.

oc 220/500 and set to higherformance settings and turbo mode for acer.

Screenshot-6.png

Screenshot-7.png

Screenshot-8.png

Screenshot-9.png

and that gentlemen is what my turdbook can do. if I ever figure out why its only pulling 14w ill be sure to update benchmarks

• Thumb Up 2
  • Like 1
  • Bump 1

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled

On 5/8/2024 at 9:01 PM, Papusan said:

If the Cpu crash instead for throttling down speed and voltage (same as for cpu's in Jokebooks start throttle at 100C works time after time), the cooling ain't good enough or they really lost in the silicon lottery. Or got defective parts that need to be RMA'd. You have also those that play with AC/DC loadline paired with massive undervolt to try keep their Cpu's to run below 100C. As well awful bad implemented AI overclocking features. Yup, many roads lead to Rome Crashes

One of the reasons you get different stability and that some bios versions is worse than others. The OEM play god with AC/DC loadline. Some users run into problems while others don't have problems at all with their processors. Of course some run into stability problems if they try use other user settings (or try random AC/DC values themself) or have an CPU that don't like undervolt so much. See also my bolded text in my reply above. When shall people start understand that Cpu's with exactly same V/F curve etc will work differently? Hmmm. A lot of the problems we have seen is user introduced. You can't blame all the problems on Intel/MB manufacturers if you don't know what you are doing in bios. 

See from 18:30 or the whole video. 

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

"The Killer"  ASUS ROG Z790 Apex Encore | 14900KS | 4090 HOF + 20 other graphics cards | 32GB DDR5 | Be Quiet! Dark Power Pro 12 - 1500 Watt | Second PSU - Cooler Master V750 SFX Gold 750W (For total of 2250W Power) | Corsair Obsidian 1000D | Custom Cooling | Asus ROG Strix XG27AQ 27" Monitors |

Papusan @ HWBOTTeam PremaMod @ HWBOT | Papusan @ YouTube Channel

1 hour ago, Papusan said:

One of the reasons you get different stability and that some bios versions is worse than others. The OEM play god with AC/DC loadline. Some users run into problems while others don't have problems at all with their processors. Of course some run into stability problems if they try use other user settings (try random AC/DC values)) or have an CPU that don't like undervolt so much. See also my bolded text in my reply above. When shall people start understand that Cpu's with exactly same V/F curve etc will work differently? Hmmm. A lot of the problems we have seen is user introduced. You can't blame all the problems on Intel/MB manufacturers if you don't know what you are doing in bios. 

See from 18:30 or the whole video. 

Setting AC and DC LLC to match each other at 0.01 has always worked great for me on both ASUS and EVGA boards. You are totally right about many (maybe even almost all) CPU stability issues the tech media is buzzing about are user-induced and caused by trying to undervolt their computer too much to make up for crappy cooling, or just because their friends on Facepoot say they need to. Yes, there are lousy samples... very definitely way too many lousy samples... but guess which ones don't respond well to undervolting? Yep, the crappy samples. They need more voltage, not less. And guess who wants to copy somebody else's BIOS settings because they don't know what they are doing? And, guess who gets upset when someone else's BIOS settings do not work well for their CPU? People that are too scared to try to learn or don't want to be bothered should buy a gamerboy turdbook or a console.

• Like 2

Wraith // Z790 Apex | 14900KF | 4090 Suprim X+Byksi Block | 48GB DDR5-8600 | Toughpower GF3 1650W | MO-RA3 360 | Hailea HC-500A || O11D XL EVO
Banshee // Z790 Apex Encore | 13900KS | 4090 Gaming OC+Alphacool Block | 48GB DDR5-8600 | RM1200x SHIFT | XT45 1080 Nova || Dark Base Pro 901
Munchkin // Z790i Edge | 14900K | Arc A770 Phantom Gaming OC | 48GB DDR5-8000 | GameMax 850W | EK Nucleus CR360 Dark || Prime AP201 
Half-Breed // Dell Precision 7720 | BGA CPU Filth+MXM Quadro P5000 | Sub-$500 Grade A Refurb || Nothing to Write Home About  

Mr. Fox YouTube Channel | Mr. Fox @ HWBOT

The average response time for a 911 call is 10 minutes. The response time of a .357 is 1400 feet per second.

49 minutes ago, Mr. Fox said:

Setting AC and DC LLC to match each other at 0.01 has always worked great for me on both ASUS and EVGA boards. You are totally right about many (maybe even almost all) CPU stability issues the tech media is buzzing about are user-induced and caused by trying to undervolt their computer too much to make up for crappy cooling, or just because their friends on Facepoot say they need to. Yes, there are lousy samples... very definitely way too many lousy samples... but guess which ones don't respond well to undervolting? Yep, the crappy samples. They need more voltage, not less. And guess who wants to copy somebody else's BIOS settings because they don't know what they are doing? And, guess who gets upset when someone else's BIOS settings do not work well for their CPU? People that are too scared to try to learn or don't want to be bothered should buy a gamerboy turdbook or a console.

The users is their own enemy..... Nothing shock me anymore in tech world Should I use thermal paste between the die and the IHS after delidding ?

• Thumb Up 1
  • Haha 1

"The Killer"  ASUS ROG Z790 Apex Encore | 14900KS | 4090 HOF + 20 other graphics cards | 32GB DDR5 | Be Quiet! Dark Power Pro 12 - 1500 Watt | Second PSU - Cooler Master V750 SFX Gold 750W (For total of 2250W Power) | Corsair Obsidian 1000D | Custom Cooling | Asus ROG Strix XG27AQ 27" Monitors |

broke 51000 gpu in firestrike i think thats a first for this card

51000.png

20k in timespy (gpu)

Screenshot-21.png

• Thumb Up 2
  • Like 1

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled

3 hours ago, ryan said:

51000.png

Thats great. Well done 🙂 But are you able to disable 3 of the E-cores in bios for running 3DM Fire Strike? If you can then you can boost Physics score as well the total score. Also try with Win 10. Did you run with 8 P-cores for FS? That will certainly boost your graphics score but total score will sink. Or it could be the damn hybrid power mess implemented in laptops. 

Here yo see my bench with older 1070. See the physics score with 29 threads... 

3142742.jpg

• Thumb Up 1

yes to beat every other schmuck lol I disabled e-cores or as you call them baby wuss cores. it boosted my gpu score by like 10 percent which was enough to get the highest 4080 gpu score on a laptop for firestrike, not sure why its lacking in timespy.

top 1 percent compared to 3080 so im doing good when the baseline is around 16k

Search (3dmark.com)

im within 5 percent of average 4090 performance in games. most gamers just buy set power to high performance or turbo and test that way...they really dont tweak or modify anything and these dudes are getting like 10 million views a month for being so called experts.

• Like 1

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled

16 hours ago, ryan said:

overall im happy with the purchase, its not that I didnt want a desktop its just that for the same price i get something i can move around and has a built in display, the miniled display is what pushed me over the edge to buy it because typically miniled 4080 laptops are in excess of 3000 usd and 3000 cad is a heck of a deal.

@ryan isn't it cute? You spend an arm and a leg on a new gaming Jokebook and now has to expect more appealing ads in your expensive AAA games you paid a lot cash to play. Yees,  gaming will be much more tempting in the future. Ads in the OS and ads in games. + ads in software and drivers. Ads everywhere. When will we see real time ads created with AI in bios settings menu? And how shall this go bro @Mr. Fox when the gamer kids has to ask mama what to do in bios to get more frames so you faster reach next level of ads?🤔 And is there no profits into creating and sell AAA gamer titles nowadays? 

If they don't earn money on their expensive games.... Maybe start with something else? As etc create ads with AI for other companies for use on the internet or in the coming OS for Microsoft? Why pester expensive games people have paid a lot for? Hmmm. The modern tech trend continue roll. You can get sick from less than this.

Steam Deck update brings BIOS overclocking and improved graphics driver to SteamOS

EA is looking at putting in-game ads in AAA games — 'We'll be very thoughtful as we move into that,' says CEO

"Advertising has an opportunity to be a meaningful driver of growth for us."

Todays fun video for the weekend😄

https://youtube.com/shorts/--zi_Ni2TrQ?si=r5mccD_JaKytPFE_

• Thumb Up 1
  • Haha 2

oh i know bro. ill be the first to admit it was dumb. impulsive monkey move. i can test it out and if i really get the urge i can return it. your standards are higher than mine. im happy with less. newer is always better lol. honestly 20k isnt bad is it. what could i get for 3k

• Thumb Up 2

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled

46 minutes ago, Papusan said:

@ryan isn't it cute? You spend an arm and a leg on a new gaming Jokebook and now has to expect more appealing ads in your expensive AAA games you paid a lot cash to play. Yees,  gaming will be much more tempting in the future. Ads in the OS and ads in games. + ads in software and drivers. Ads everywhere. When will we see real time ads created with AI in bios settings menu? And how shall this go bro @Mr. Fox when the gamer kids has to ask mama what to do in bios to get more frames so you faster reach next level of ads?🤔 And is there no profits into creating and sell AAA gamer titles nowadays? 

If they don't earn money on their expensive games.... Maybe start with something else? As etc create ads with AI for other companies for use on the internet or in the coming OS for Microsoft? Why pester expensive games people have paid a lot for? Hmmm. The modern tech trend continue roll. You can get sick from less than this.

Steam Deck update brings BIOS overclocking and improved graphics driver to SteamOS

EA is looking at putting in-game ads in AAA games — 'We'll be very thoughtful as we move into that,' says CEO

"Advertising has an opportunity to be a meaningful driver of growth for us."

Todays fun video for the weekend😄

https://youtube.com/shorts/--zi_Ni2TrQ?si=r5mccD_JaKytPFE_

One of the reasons I am somewhat offended by being put into the same category as "gamer" is that they are collectively one of the dumbest bunch of goons I can identify. It has not always been this way and I used to even call myself a gamer, but times have changed and a new era of stupidity has dramatically changed the demographic. Yes, we still have some pockets of remarkable intelligence that includes many of us here, and others like us. But we are a minority and have been largely displaced by imbeciles that value form over function and lack basic technical knowledge and skill as it relates to the hardware that made it all possible. When things started circling the drain was the focus on thin and light turdbooks and handheld trash started to become popular. Things have only gotten worse and we haven't found the bottom yet.

• Thumb Up 1
  • Like 2

Wraith // Z790 Apex | 14900KF | 4090 Suprim X+Byksi Block | 48GB DDR5-8600 | Toughpower GF3 1650W | MO-RA3 360 | Hailea HC-500A || O11D XL EVO
Banshee // Z790 Apex Encore | 13900KS | 4090 Gaming OC+Alphacool Block | 48GB DDR5-8600 | RM1200x SHIFT | XT45 1080 Nova || Dark Base Pro 901
Munchkin // Z790i Edge | 14900K | Arc A770 Phantom Gaming OC | 48GB DDR5-8000 | GameMax 850W | EK Nucleus CR360 Dark || Prime AP201 
Half-Breed // Dell Precision 7720 | BGA CPU Filth+MXM Quadro P5000 | Sub-$500 Grade A Refurb || Nothing to Write Home About  

The average response time for a 911 call is 10 minutes. The response time of a .357 is 1400 feet per second.

57 minutes ago, Mr. Fox said:

Yes, we still have some pockets of remarkable intelligence that includes many of us here, and others like us. But we are a minority and have been largely displaced by imbeciles that value form over function and lack basic technical knowledge and skill as it relates to the hardware that made it all possible. Things have only gotten worse and we haven't found the bottom yet.

57 minutes ago, Mr. Fox said:

I used to even call myself a gamer, but times have changed and a new era of stupidity has dramatically changed the demographic.

P.s. The sale of my 14900K is finished. And I got my money yesterday 🙂

1 hour ago, ryan said:

oh i know bro. ill be the first to admit it was dumb. impulsive monkey move. i can test it out and if i really get the urge i can return it. your standards are higher than mine. im happy with less. newer is always better lol. honestly 20k isnt bad is it. what could i get for 3k

Don't forget the return window🙂 Goes faster than you think. You can get/build a nice desktop pc for $3000. And you'll never look back on laptops. + you can still use your old laptop for portability.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, ryan said:

51000.png

20k in timespy (gpu)

Screenshot-21.png

It's all about having fun with your hardware, regardless if its a laptop or not. I used to have fun with laptops too. I just much prefer the upgrade, and expand ability of desktops. And I can sit it right next to me on the desk, and look how pretty it is 🤣

20240510_085300.jpg

• Like 5
  • Bump 1

Lian Li Lancool III | Ryzen 9 7950X | 48gb G-skill Trident Z5 DDR5 8000mhz | MSI Mpg X670E Carbon |

AsRock Taichi Radeon 7900xtx Bykski Block |Raijintek Scylla Pro 360 custom loop| Crucial T700 1tb

WD Black's SN770 500gb/1tb NVME | Toshiba 8Tb 7200rpm Data |

EVGA 1000w SuperNova |32" Agon 1440p 165hz Curved Screen |  Windows 10 LoT 21h2

im not going to lie, I agree with mr fox on this one. I had 0 good options locally. If their was a 3080 desktop locally with say a 3080 at around 2k I would be using that right now. yes inbeciles buy 3k laptops that overheat and then complain about performance but sometimes its not stupidity but rather a lack of options. If I ordered online the 3080 setup I would be happy or a nzxt desktop would have been nice but the performance is lower and I won't lie I do like the portability of laptops. which leaves one reasonable choice. impulsive and stupid don't always go hand in hand and unfortunately I think this time it does. I called visions and they seem evasive on whether or not I can return it due to isanely high temps(not a thin and light/locked underclocking) I did not aticipate this with a thick liquid metal laptop and also my iets gt500 should be helping but in this case with the inability to underclock and undervolt as well as the lack of impact the cooler has I think I might have to pass on this laptop if I am able to return it if not I guess im buying a dunce cap nzxt.

• Thumb Up 3

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled

22 hours ago, ryan said:

Its by what I gather a flawed system, but what isn't.

Acer Predator

https://www.visions.ca/product/acer-predator-helios-16-16-intel-i9-13900hx-rtx4080-32gb-1tb-ssd-windows-11-home-gaming-laptop-abyssal-black

paid 2997 all in no tax.

Its double the performance, so basically I can do 4k gaming the same as my 3060 does 1440p.

stock I got 19000 in time spy so thats a good baseline.

50k has been broken about 10 times so I guess im like 6th in firestrike gpu and I havent even set up the laptop, just messing around trials, will be putting in my 4tb 7400mbs ssd soon and using a fresh install of windows with my tweaks, should be able to nudge a top spot and get over 22000 in timespy

52 minutes ago, ryan said:

im not going to lie, I agree with mr fox on this one. I had 0 good options locally. If their was a 3080 desktop locally with say a 3080 at around 2k I would be using that right now. yes inbeciles buy 3k laptops that overheat and then complain about performance but sometimes its not stupidity but rather a lack of options. impulsive and stupid don't always go hand in hand and unfortunately I think this time it does. I called visions and they seem evasive on whether or not I can return it due to isanely high temps(not a thin and light/locked underclocking). I think I might have to pass on this laptop if I am able to return it. 

Here we go. I visited the shop you bought it from posted above.

Computers, Tablets, Chromebooks

• Home Office Products including Laptops, Desktops, and Tablets may be returned for refund within 15 days of purchase.
  • Laptops, Desktops, and Tablets must be factory reset prior to return.
  • Printers may only be returned if they are unopened.
  • If a printer is defective after it has been opened, it must be serviced through the manufacturer directly.
  • Software: Computer software, Gaming software and Movies (DVDs or Blu-ray Disc) cannot be returned once packaging has been opened due to copyright laws
  • Consumable products such as drum cartridges, toner, ink, and paper may only be returned if unopened.

2 hours ago, Papusan said:

Don't forget the return window🙂 Goes faster than you think. And don't blame yourself for being impulsive. You aren't alone and You can always regret and return it to sender(to the shop). 

I have returned 3 processors the last 8 months. I just can't accept pay for tech that is failed, not up to task or are just junk. And no one should.

On 5/7/2024 at 7:18 PM, Papusan said:

What a tradeoff. Corsair upgraded RGB control over offering adequate cooling for the GPU's power delivery. Yup, also this one follow the new modern tech trend. Disgusting. And with a price of 5,499.99 euros this is closest you can come perverse. For the records.... 5,499.99 euros is $5,920 USD

Corsair One (i500) in the test: Wooden reboot with hot 4090 and restrained 14900K computerbase.com

Regression in graphics card VRM cooling
Unlike the i300, Corsair no longer cools the VRM (voltage converter) of the graphics card, which has been deprived of its air cooler, in the i500 using its own active cooler - the manufacturer has not even installed passive heat sinks.

RGB lighting with touch controls
The RGB lighting of the Corsair One has also been upgraded: In addition to the two decorative strips on the front of the case, the new One has “underbody lighting”. There are also white LEDs as a “reading lamp” on the back to illuminate the I/O panel.

See also my comment here.... From Tomshardware review of the expensive junk from Corsair.

From the review. "If you're looking for an attractive, pre-built gaming PC that will fit on your desk, the Corsair One i500 is worth considering. That is, if you can afford it. Corsair is only using top-end parts here, and the $3,599.99 starting price is a lot of money for most people"

This one is hard pass. Too expensive and with awful cooling. Why reccomend it... This one I don't understand. 

• Thumb Up 3
  • Bump 1

ok so I did some math(yikes run for the hills lol)

my undervolted and under clocked 4080 laptop gets 18800 with temps around 65c pretty sweet.

if I bought a 4080 desktop for 3690(cheapest) i have 72 percent of the 4080 desktops power in my game(horizon 5) and if i take the performance I get and apply it to the cost I get 2790 is what my laptop is worth in the desktop space(lol bros prob thinking worth nothing) but honestly I got a pretty good deal for how it performs. only 250 bucks would have been saved performance wise. but I gained a nice 1600p mini led monitor built in so thats that. desktops should honestly be cheaper they are not priced at a level that makes sense, unless your gunning for top bleeding edge they are still close.

heres horizon 5 maxed 1440p fg on

Screenshot-28.png

149fps is from what ive seen 4090 laptop levels of performance, and one other thing to mention is my 4080 laptop with software tweaks performs better or equal to the same acer helios 4090 laptop.

this guy and his 4090 laptop are getting 148fps at 1080p with dlss on...

• Thumb Up 3

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled

17 minutes ago, ryan said:

ok so I did some math(yikes run for the hills lol)

my undervolted and under clocked 4080 laptop gets 18800 with temps around 65c pretty sweet.

if I bought a 4080 desktop for 3690(cheapest) i have 72 percent of the 4080 desktops power in my game(horizon 5) and if i take the performance I get and apply it to the cost I get 2790 is what my laptop is worth in the desktop space(lol bros prob thinking worth nothing) but honestly I got a pretty good deal for how it performs. only 250 bucks would have been saved performance wise. but I gained a nice 1600p mini led monitor built in so thats that. desktops should honestly be cheaper they are not priced at a level that makes sense, unless your gunning for top bleeding edge they are still close.

heres horizon 5 maxed 1440p fg on

Screenshot-28.png

149fps is from what ive seen 4090 laptop levels of performance, and one other thing to mention is my 4080 laptop with software tweaks performs better or equal to the same acer helios 4090 laptop.

this guy and his 4090 laptop are getting 148fps at 1080p with dlss on...

A pre-built 4080 desktop is $3,700? That's crazy

• Thumb Up 3

Lian Li Lancool III | Ryzen 9 7950X | 48gb G-skill Trident Z5 DDR5 8000mhz | MSI Mpg X670E Carbon |

AsRock Taichi Radeon 7900xtx Bykski Block |Raijintek Scylla Pro 360 custom loop| Crucial T700 1tb

WD Black's SN770 500gb/1tb NVME | Toshiba 8Tb 7200rpm Data |

EVGA 1000w SuperNova |32" Agon 1440p 165hz Curved Screen |  Windows 10 LoT 21h2

yeah That was the cheapest pre built ...dont forget its canada. in usd thats like 2600-2800.

just in general..amazon/new egg

but honestly you can get a 4080super furthering the gap

MEPC Year of the Dragon 4080SUPERi37KF w/ GeForce RTX 4080 SUPER, Core™ i7-13700KF, 32GB DDR5, 2TB M.2 SSD, WiFi 6, Windows 11 Home - Desktop Computers - Memory Express Inc.

3400 more money but much better performance. so i guess the wasted $ is 300cad when that 300 bucks could have bought a few nice meals or a 4tb ssd. but like I say its portable and has a really nice miniled display. so in a sense its offset

and thats actual performance, not maximum. if I was getting the full power of the i9 and 4080 it would be a closer gap. im happy with 19000in time spy and honestly im going to sell my other laptops and just keep my zenbook and this. should be easy selling my omen for 700-900 cad with its 2tb evo and 64gb ram.

• Thumb Up 3

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled

1 hour ago, ryan said:

should be easy selling my omen for 700-900 cad with its 2tb evo and 64gb ram.

Or just return the new one and sell the Omen. Then you are even closer to get a decent desktop build. But that’s me🙂

I built a PC system to my middle son with NZXT chassis a year ago. He is still very happy with the build. But that one was with a full custom water cooling. Not with an AIO as this one. 

• Thumb Up 1
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Papusan said:

Or just return the new one and sell the Omen. Then you are even closer to get a decent desktop build. But that’s me🙂

I built a PC system to my middle son with NZXT chassis a year ago. He is still very happy with the build. But that one was with a full custom water cooling. Not with an AIO as this one. 

That video does a great job of showing why buying an NZXT pre-built is a good option as far as other pre-builts, using off-shelf parts and 2-year warranty. It's a bit more expensive than building your own but for someone that is scared to try it is a very good option. Totally upgradable without proprietary crap parts.

I just noticed the orientation of the 12VHPWR cable on the Gigabyte 4080 Super. At first blush this strikes me as being a a whole lot better than facing the side panel. It solves the sharp bend problem. I had not noticed Gigabyte has done this. I wonder if any other brands have? Between this and fixing the weak area around the PCIe connector, it seems like Gigabyte is making an effort to improve things. We can't say that about most things lately.

image.png

• Like 3

reverted everything and disabled vbs. cpu scores went up gpu is mighty high for stock. even using balanced IQ settings my gpu score is unusually high for stock. as for overclocking, it does very little until im able to troubleshoot why performance isnt affected. but I can confirm this is stock no overclock

Screenshot-39.png

• Thumb Up 2

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled

52 minutes ago, Mr. Fox said:

That video does a great job of showing why buying an NZXT pre-built is a good option as far as other pre-builts, using off-shelf parts and 2-year warranty. It's a bit more expensive than building your own but for someone that is scared to try it is a very good option. Totally upgradable without proprietary crap parts.

Yup. Because there is some very overpriced pre-buil systems with worse value for the whole system. This isn't the oc'rs dream but a good options for gamers. And you can throw out some parts and make custom loop later.

Here's from where I built my sons pc with NZXT box.

4DXpGjm.jpg

52 minutes ago, Mr. Fox said:

I just noticed the orientation of the 12VHPWR cable on the Gigabyte 4080 Super. At first blush this strikes me as being a a whole lot better than facing the side panel. It solves the sharp bend problem. I had not noticed Gigabyte has done this. I wonder if any other brands have? Between this and fixing the weak area around the PCIe connector, it seems like Gigabyte is making an effort to improve things. We can't say that about most things lately.

I have posted about this Gigabyte solution in the thread. I don't like that they cut of some cooling capacity for changing the location on the power connector. I don't like such type trade-off. 

image.png

And use a copper plate instead for vapor chamber is a shame for a 4090 tier card.

image.png

Gigabyte Shrinks Cooler, Relocates 16-Pin Connector on Revised RTX 4090

• Thumb Up 3

2 minutes ago, Papusan said:

I have posted about this Gigabyte solution in the thread. I don't like that they cut of some cooling capacity for changing the location on the power connector. I don't like such type trade-off. 

image.png

I not sure how much difference in cooling there would be. Maybe none. Or, maybe more than one would like. Hard to know how much difference there would be. If I were using it there would be a waterblock installed, so the benefit of the power adapter location would be more important than the effectiveness of the stock cooler.

• Thumb Up 1
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Mr. Fox said:

I not sure how much difference in cooling there would be. Maybe none. Or, maybe more than one would like. Hard to know how much difference there would be. If I were using it there would be a waterblock installed, so the benefit of the power adapter location would be more important than the effectiveness of the stock cooler.

The 3rd fan is only useful for half of the cooling capcity on the 1/3rd of backend of the card. I hate such trade-off.

If you need more space in your chassi to bend the power cable correct... Then buy a new bigger chassis. A cramped or small chassis will hamper the cooling.

Lesser is less whatever you say. I want more. Not less. 

• Thumb Up 1