NotebookTalk

*Official Benchmark Thread* - Post it here or it didn't happen :D

Mr. Fox

looks like the 4050 in on point with 3060. I was thinking what games will I be able to play that I can't already play if I get a 4090 desktop? none that I can think of, it's like developers disappeared off the face of earth and no games are coming out. I play older titles so I should be good. as for linux its pretty slick, I just click try it out and bam I have a linux desktop off a thumb drive. also the cables matter for ssds so that problems solved just ordered some new cables 240w ones hopefully that solves the problem.

any rumors about msrp of 5090? which I will likely wait for because of GTA 6

• Thumb Up 1
  • Bump 1

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled

21 minutes ago, ryan said:

looks like the 4050 in on point with 3060. I was thinking what games will I be able to play that I can't already play if I get a 4090 desktop? none that I can think of, it's like developers disappeared off the face of earth and no games are coming out. I play older titles so I should be good. as for linux its pretty slick, I just click try it out and bam I have a linux desktop off a thumb drive. also the cables matter for ssds so that problems solved just ordered some new cables 240w ones hopefully that solves the problem.

any rumors about msrp of 5090? which I will likely wait for because of GTA 6

As always, it comes down to desired resolution, details and framerate.

If your objective is to play at any resolution or settings and you don't care about sub 60fps, you can get away with a much much lower tier of hardware.

Take Hogwarts for example. Everyone bemoaning how taxing it can be but if you are willing to compromise across all three criteria, I had it running on my daughter's P377SM-G at 1080p with a 4810mq and 970m and 32GB of 1866 DDR3 and it was playable. Details were at low but if you don't care about resolution, details or framerates have at it. 🙂

My objective is always at least 120fps+ with the best detail level possible at 4k with no compromises and that tends to dictate my hardware level.

When I sit in front of my wife's desktop with a 12900k,  3080 10GB and a 32" 144p 165hz display I can see and feel the difference between my setup immediately. When she had my old 32" 60hz HP 10-bit display it was always nauseating to play on it after coming off my 144hz G7 and I used that HP for over 5 years for gaming! 🤣

As for Linux, I'm an Unbuntu and now Mint kinda guy and I keep Kali on thumb drives for other targeted work on the side.

Nothing yet on the 5090 front but I'm fully expecting $1900-2000 for launch MSRP.

• Thumb Up 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Like 1

Electrosoft Prime: 7950X3D | MSI X670E Carbon  | MSI Suprim X Liquid 4090 | AC LF II 420 | G.Skill 6000 A-Die 2x32GB | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB | EVGA 1600w P2 | Phanteks Ethroo Pro | Alienware AW3225QF 32" OLED

Eurocom Raptor X15 | 12900k | Nvidia RTX 3070ti | 15.6" 1080p 240hz | Kingston 3200 32GB (2x16GB) | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB Heatsink Edition
Heath: i9-12900k | EVGA CLC 280 | Asus Strix Z690 D4 | Asus Strix 3080 | 32GB DDR4 2x16GB B-Die 4000  | WD Black SN850 512GB |  EVGA DG-77 | Samsung G7 32" 144hz 32"

MelMel:  (Retrofit currently in progress)

If Intel will add capacitors on both side of the IHS for next gen then you have only one option... Delidd from the total opposite side vs before. That will be fun and I expect we will see loads of killed die's. With all the focus on direct die cooling from some companies as etc EK Intel just can't make their Cpu's this way. But should Intel bother with it? Not if they try go for new world records. Because LN2 benchers don't delidde their Cpu's. 

There is absolutely no room for delidding the IHS the ordinary way. 

fun.jpg

https://hothardware.com/news/intel-arrow-lake-cpus-spotted-selling-14-dont-buy-one

• Thumb Up 1
  • Sad 3

"The Killer"  ASUS ROG Z790 Apex Encore | 14900KS | 4090 HOF + 20 other graphics cards | 32GB DDR5 | Be Quiet! Dark Power Pro 12 - 1500 Watt | Second PSU - Cooler Master V750 SFX Gold 750W (For total of 2250W Power) | Corsair Obsidian 1000D | Custom Cooling | Asus ROG Strix XG27AQ 27" Monitors |

Papusan @ HWBOTTeam PremaMod @ HWBOT | Papusan @ YouTube Channel

4 minutes ago, Papusan said:

If Intel will add capacitors on both side of the IHS for next gen then you have only one option... Delidd from the total opposite side vs before. That will be fun and I expect we will see loads of killed die's. With all the focus on direct die cooling from some companies as etc EK Intel just can't make their Cpu's this way. But should Intel bother with it? Not if they try go for new world records. LN2 benchers don't delidde their Cpu's. 

There is absolutely no room for delidding the die the ordinary way. 

fun.jpg

https://hothardware.com/news/intel-arrow-lake-cpus-spotted-selling-14-dont-buy-one

Probably deliberate.

I believe the der8auer and EK clone delid tool already pushes the IHS the length direction. I recently saw a video showing that. I think KitGuru maybe?

• Thumb Up 1
  • Like 1

Wraith // Z790 Apex | 14900KF | 4090 Suprim X+Byksi Block | 48GB DDR5-8600 | Toughpower GF3 1650W | MO-RA3 360 | Hailea HC-500A || O11D XL EVO
Banshee // Z790 Apex Encore | 13900KS | 4090 Gaming OC+Alphacool Block | 48GB DDR5-8600 | RM1200x SHIFT | XT45 1080 Nova || Dark Base Pro 901
Munchkin // Z790i Edge | 14900K | Arc A770 Phantom Gaming OC | 48GB DDR5-8000 | GameMax 850W | EK Nucleus CR360 Dark || Prime AP201 
Half-Breed // Dell Precision 7720 | BGA CPU Filth+MXM Quadro P5000 | Sub-$500 Grade A Refurb || Nothing to Write Home About  

Mr. Fox YouTube Channel | Mr. Fox @ HWBOT

The average response time for a 911 call is 10 minutes. The response time of a .357 is 1400 feet per second.

30 minutes ago, Mr. Fox said:

Probably deliberate.

I believe the der8auer and EK clone delid tool already pushes the IHS the length direction. I recently saw a video showing that. I think KitGuru maybe?

That's great. Thanks for the heads up. Still a idiotic move by Intel add even more capacitors around the IHS. The sTim breaking point from the die is harder done on the lengthwise direction. A bigger chance to cut the die in half.

The old tools works better. And for EK, they use trashy quality for the metal. Newer doesn't always mean better bro @ryan🤔

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

"The Killer"  ASUS ROG Z790 Apex Encore | 14900KS | 4090 HOF + 20 other graphics cards | 32GB DDR5 | Be Quiet! Dark Power Pro 12 - 1500 Watt | Second PSU - Cooler Master V750 SFX Gold 750W (For total of 2250W Power) | Corsair Obsidian 1000D | Custom Cooling | Asus ROG Strix XG27AQ 27" Monitors |

30 minutes ago, Papusan said:

Still a idiotic move by Intel add even more capacitors around the IHS.

I agree. That is the part I suspect was deliberate to interfere with delidding.

What they should do is offer an SKU with no IHS or a not attached IHS. All laptops and GPUs are bare die. There is no reason for AMD or Intel to use an IHS on their CPUs. I think the fact that they do, and not provide an option without it, is just super stupid.

The only people that need an IHS to help avoid damage is those using DICE, LN2 and Cascade cooling.

• Like 1
  • Bump 1

Wraith // Z790 Apex | 14900KF | 4090 Suprim X+Byksi Block | 48GB DDR5-8600 | Toughpower GF3 1650W | MO-RA3 360 | Hailea HC-500A || O11D XL EVO
Banshee // Z790 Apex Encore | 13900KS | 4090 Gaming OC+Alphacool Block | 48GB DDR5-8600 | RM1200x SHIFT | XT45 1080 Nova || Dark Base Pro 901
Munchkin // Z790i Edge | 14900K | Arc A770 Phantom Gaming OC | 48GB DDR5-8000 | GameMax 850W | EK Nucleus CR360 Dark || Prime AP201 
Half-Breed // Dell Precision 7720 | BGA CPU Filth+MXM Quadro P5000 | Sub-$500 Grade A Refurb || Nothing to Write Home About  

The average response time for a 911 call is 10 minutes. The response time of a .357 is 1400 feet per second.

@electrosoft I was gunning for 120 4k high settings kinda guy on older titles with my 3060, sometimes its possible. I have a 55in B2 and it has VRR and I find it smooth when its around 90fps and up 20 down 20. I know people love cranking details but alot of times it does very little to image quality but does alot to performance. I heard of hogwarts and yes it does seem demanding but as for games their seems to be very few AAA games releasing. hell divers 2 hog warts????thats it. starfield was a nice treat but buggy, honestly I am so confused I love gaming but It just doesn't seem to be fair bumping up demands for power while having games that look like they were made in 2010.

@Papusan Whats wrong brother? you seem a little sick...because the last time I checked newer is always better. new new new...always.

• Thumb Up 1

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled

On 4/26/2024 at 10:46 PM, Talon said:

I'm confused, why did they use 125 or 188w? Did they just pull some random number out of their rears? Intel's spec sheet shows 253w for K and 320 for KS. Isn't 125w for non K or HX. What is 188w from? LOL wtf. 

From latest Igorslab article from today.... 

Well, and then the Ryzen effect just mentioned came into play and with it the energetic Intel pressure refueling. Good old foie gras sends its regards. But it must also be emphasized at this point that arguing solely with the PL2 for the baseline is still far too nebulous. By the way, the baseline for the PL2 was 188 watts until October 2022, i.e. the launch of Raptor Lake. And that's exactly where Gigabyte has corrected this value again with its current BIOS

https://www.igorslab.de/bruchlandungbmit-ansage-intel-malt-sich-die-specs-wie-man-es-gerade-braucht-und-missachtet-seine-eigenen-vorgaben/

On 4/27/2024 at 3:21 AM, Papusan said:

In short random numbers they found appropriate or from their old documents before Intel nailed the specs for 12th gen.

The closest I could find the random number 188W is from an older article from Igors lab. 

01-ADL-RPL-125-Watts-1.png

https://www.igorslab.de/en/power-consumption-and-load-peaks-intels-coming-alder-lake-s-and-raptor-lake-s-cpus-in-comparison-exclusively/3/

3142099.jpg

1 hour ago, Mr. Fox said:

I agree. That is the part I suspect was deliberate to interfere with delidding.

What they should do is offer an SKU with no IHS or a not attached IHS. All laptops and GPUs are bare die. There is no reason for AMD or Intel to use an IHS on their CPUs. I think the fact that they do, and not provide an option without it, is just super stupid.

The only people that need an IHS to help avoid damage is those using DICE, LN2 and Cascade cooling.

Intel swims into problems. They make weird changes and choices all time now. There is no consistency in what they do inhouse. Sad seeing the old blue digging their own grave. And the Red side isn't an option. We live in sad times. The more we spend the less we'll get back. Is less more? The Apple way? 🤮🤢🤮

1 hour ago, ryan said:

Papusan Whats wrong brother? you seem a little sick...because the last time I checked newer is always better. new new new...always.

LOOL

My newer shoes is better than my old shoes. So new has tho be better?😁 Not always bro @ryan. Because the old and the new shoes is exactly the same OLD designed model😆

V1.jpg

• Thumb Up 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Papusan said:

Intel swims into problems. They make weird changes and choices all time now. There is no consistency in what they do inhouse. Sad seeing the old blue digging their own grave. And the Red side isn't an option. We live in sad times. The more we spend the less we'll get back. Is less more? The Apple way? 🤮🤢🤮

The good days are behind us now. In many ways that are not relevant to this thread or even technology in general. Stupidity, filthiness and wickedness are the new normals for the human race.

• Thumb Up 3
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Mr. Fox said:

The good days are behind us now. In many ways that are not relevant to this thread of technology in general. Stupidity, filthiness and wickedness are the new normals for the human race.

Yup. And Intel can't even make ready own flagship processors from own foundry. And wee all know how bad processors oc with TSMC silicon. If this is correct I can't see Intel will survive i the long term. Why buy Intel if you can get exactly same from AMD but with minor changes in arc for a lower price? 

Interestingly, all SKUs formerly classified as high-end Core i5K/i9K (henceforth Core Ultra 7/9) are said to be based on TSMC 's 3nm process . The use of the Intel 20A process is limited to the mid-range Core , previously named  i5 non-K 

The first details on a Core i5-15400F (Core Ultra 5 240F)

• Thumb Up 1

30 minutes ago, Papusan said:

Yup. And Intel can't even make ready own flagship processors from own foundry. And wee all know how bad processors oc with TSMC silicon. If this is correct I can't see Intel will survive i the long term. Why buy Intel if you can get exactly same from AMD but with minor changes in arc for a lower price? 

Interestingly, all SKUs formerly classified as high-end Core i5K/i9K (henceforth Core Ultra 7/9) are said to be based on TSMC 's 3nm process . The use of the Intel 20A process is limited to the mid-range Core , previously named  i5 non-K 

The first details on a Core i5-15400F (Core Ultra 5 240F)

I like to avoid saying "never" because crow meat never tastes good, but I can honestly say I have no intention of purchasing anything from AMD again. I said that before, did it anyway and regretted it... more than once. I always say I don't care about brand and I genuinely do not. I have no love for Intel, AMD, NVIDIA or any other brand. Truthfully, I think they all suck. But, I do care about feeling as if I got screwed or purchased something that I later regret.

Will I be stupid again and do something that is against my better judgment because I am passionate about high performance PC tuning? I certainly hope not and I don't intend to. If AMD later become the lesser of two evils, that leaves a few options. Do nothing and continue using old hardware, suck it up and choose the lesser evil even though you wouldn't otherwise, or just walk away from this hobby and never look back. I don't like spending money, even when it is for something I like a lot and end up spending it. I like spending money even less when I find out that I made a terrible mistake in doing so. 

• Thumb Up 2
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Mr. Fox said:

I like to avoid saying "never" because crow meat never tastes good, but I can honestly say I have no intention of purchasing anything from AMD again. I said that before, did it anyway and regretted it... more than once. Will I be stupid again? I certainly hope not and I don't intend to. If they become the lesser of two evils, that leaves a few options. Do nothing and continue using old hardware, suck it up and choose the lesser evil even though you wouldn't otherwise, or just walk away from this hobby and never look back. I don't like spending money, even when it is for something I like a lot and end up spending it. I like spending money even less when I find out that I made a terrible mistake in doing so. 

From what I have seen with AMD.... This company isn't for me and my hobby. They offer very good gamer chips with the X3D Ryzen chips. But locked down Cpu's is equal disgusting as the Tax regime in Norway. Brand their locked down X3D gamer-boy chips with the X is awful and meaningless. Nope... I'd rather play with my older stuff if the new stuff are crippled right out from the factory.

• Thumb Up 3

4 minutes ago, Papusan said:

From what I have seen with AMD.... This company isn't for me and my hobby. They offer very good gamer chips with the X3D Ryzen chips. But locked down Cpu's is equal disgusting as the Tax regime in Norway. Brand their locked down X3D gamer-boy chips with the X is awful and meaningless. Nope... I rather want to play with my older stuff.

Yeah, I feel the same pretty much. I only buy Intel because it is the lesser of two evils in my opinion. Not because I like Intel. If I can be completely honest I hate Intel and AMD and NVIDIA. Could Intel get bad enough that AMD becomes the lesser of two evils? Absolutely. Are we there yet? Nope. Will I be willing to make the switch if that happens I don't know. I will cross that bridge if I reach it, but whether the answer is yes or no, it will not be a decision that I was pleased to make. It will be a compromise and I always hate compromises. Compromise means you have to lower your standards, change your mind or give something up. I don't like any of those things.

• Thumb Up 2
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Papusan said:

From what I have seen with AMD.... This company isn't for me and my hobby. They offer very good gamer chips with the X3D Ryzen chips. But locked down Cpu's is equal disgusting as the Tax regime in Norway. Brand their locked down X3D gamer-boy chips with the X is awful and meaningless. Nope... I'd rather play with my older stuff if the new stuff are crippled right out from the factory.

Wait what? I thought all AMD CPUs were multiplier unlocked. Is this not the case?

• Thumb Up 3

AlienyHackbook: Alienware M17X R5 | i7-4930MX | GTX 1060 | 32GB DDR3L Kingston HyperX @ 2133 MHz CL 12 | MacOS Sierra 10.12.5 | Windows 10 LTSC | Hackintoshes Rule!

Desktop Killer: Clevo X170SM-G | i9-10900K | RTX 2080 Super | 32GB DDR4 Crucial Ballistix @ 3200 MHz CL 16 | Windows 10 LTSC | Slayer Of Desktops

Sagattarius A: Custom Built Desktop | i9-10900K | RX 6950 XT | 32GB DDR4 G.Skill Ripjaws @ 4000 MHz CL 15 | Windows 10 LTSC | Ultimate Performance Desktop With Cryo Cooling!

11 hours ago, Clamibot said:

Wait what? I thought all AMD CPUs were multiplier unlocked. Is this not the case?

Only the vanilla AMD Ryzen chips. On top AMD have reduced Max. Operating Temperature (Tjmax) below 90C for their gamer-Cpu's to save the added v-cache so it won't be fried (Not nice see crying gamer-boys). As well reduced max boost clocks. Todays word has to be "fragile or castrated"😁

AMD Ryzen 7000 X3D CPUs Don't Feature Manual overclicking...

• Thumb Up 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 2

4 hours ago, Papusan said:

Only the vanilla AMD Ryzen chips. On top AMD have reduced Max. Operating Temperature (Tjmax) below 90C for their gamer-Cpu's to save the added v-cache so it won't be fried. As well reduced max boost clocks. Todays word has to be "fragile or castrated"😁

AMD Ryzen 7000 X3D CPUs Don't Feature Manual overclicking...

This is a fanboy product, not an enthusiast product. A performance PC enthusiast finds such behavior to be a deadly and unforgivable transgression. It doesn't even matter whether or not the product works well, it is still disgusting and unacceptable by design and an abomination. It is conceptually the same as buying a "sports car" with a powerful engine that cannot exceed the speed limit and cannot even burn rubber. But, it can go from zero to the speed limit very fast, LoL. 

• Thumb Up 2
  • Like 1

On 4/28/2024 at 11:09 AM, Mr. Fox said:

If you tear up Windoze too much it does hurt performance. It doesn't make sense and I am not sure why, but it probably has something to do with service dependencies and maybe Windoze trying to heal itself and can't. It seems like the more bloated and loaded with trash Winduhz gets, the more adverse it becomes if you debloat too much. It's just a poopy piece of junk OS.

The best approach is to disable services in batches a few at a time and see how it affects your benchmark scores. If it goes up or stays the same, keep disabling services. If goes down, re-enable the last batch, then disable those in that batch one at a time and re-run your benchmarks to see if it is one service that needs to stay enabled.

Many third-party applications hurt performance worse. This is especially true of the crap software that comes from motherboard manufacturers, and companies that make fancy hardware like Corsair, NZXT, Razer, Roccat, Logitech and others. Even HWiNFO64 and RTSS are more harmful to performance than they used to be. The EC monitoring and DDR5 monitoring sensors in HWiNFO64 steal CPU clock cycles and system memory. I disable those sensors when benching or just close HWiNFO64. Same for RTSS. Both are fine for gaming, but you don't want them running if you are trying to improve benchmark scores.

In case you haven't seen it yet, here is an excellent review from Brother @Rage Set. Nice job, bro.

Are you planning to continue using the air cooler on that 14900KS? Looks like it did an OK job running it stock with constrained performance.

Corsair 6500X Case – iCUE LINK RX RGB Fans Review

Hahaha, no. It is going under custom water. I only used the air cooler in the review to showcase Corsair. 

I am researching the best options for blocks that are not tailored to direct die. 

Thanks bro!

• Thumb Up 1
  • Like 2

Connecticut Citizens Defense League: Carry On!

4 hours ago, Rage Set said:

Hahaha, no. It is going under custom water. I only used the air cooler in the review to showcase Corsair. 

I am researching the best options for blocks that are not tailored to direct die. 

Thanks bro!

Here's latest tests from Igorslab.

10 CPU water blocks on socket LGA1700 and AM5 in the test - roundup including the necessary workup

And as you can see from the review/testing... They all contain one or another flaw, bad quality or/and bad engineering. They all just cut costs where they can. And they all do it. You pay premium but you'll never get the best from any company. Maxed profits will always beat common sense/better quality 😞

• Like 1

• Like 3

lol I was joking but that guy seemed serious.lmao

holy smokes, Some people eh, I can't believe that ignorance.

• Thumb Up 1
  • Like 1

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled

On 5/1/2024 at 4:41 PM, Mr. Fox said:

You normally get higher scores with newer gen hardware. That's correct. But this doesn't mean you get better hardware or an overall better experience.... See video below. For me... I was happy with my quite ok binned 12900K. We early adopters even got 12th gen chips with AVX512 enabled in the silicon. So never become worse. There was no need for Intel to remove that options for those that disabled the baby cores for their workflow. And 13th gen improved the performance with more cores. Intel should have stopped there. They could just continue binned better 13th gen Cpus and rided out the socket 1700. And branded them the same way.... 14th gen was just a milking cow. And here we are now... +1.530v  for two cores bursting into a short trip into 6.2 territory. That's plain stupid. No one need it... They could have binned the chips so everyone could reach 6.0 GHz on all P-cores with more normal voltage

In fact newer Cpus... On smaller node is to max out profits. More chips on every wafer. Bigger chips would provide better cooling. The small tiny new modern chips is more difficult to cool. There is a reason you can run +700W on the bigger chips with an tower air-cooler.

Do that with the new modern fragile smaller chips and you see a thermal shut down almost immediately after you start an benchmark. If you are lucky then the termal throttling algo kick in before the chips go into deep sleep (cut of). Yup, newer has to be better. Nope, not the way it works.

Look at this bro @ryan 10th vs 11th gen. So newer has to be better?🤩

On 5/1/2024 at 4:55 PM, ryan said:

holy smokes, Some people eh, I can't believe that ignorance.

What you see is the new normal. There is no hope.

giphy.gif

Edit.

Hmmm. This one below is from todays new modern tech. Why isn't newer tech always better than the old tech bro @ryan? In the old days allmost everyone smoked cigarettes/cigars. Now you don't need cigararettes anymore to get an smokin experience. Just buy new tech 😎

On 4/17/2024 at 9:20 PM, Papusan said:

They Alphabet Asshats say comments/replies is very valuable function in YouTube. But the coders or their automated removal is awful. Remember Alphabet Asshats ain't a small company with lack of good workers. Yet they can't make it correct. They are equal awful as Microsoft.

This is an huge Joke!

https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/13209064?hl=en&co=GENIE.Platform%3DDesktop&oco=0

Comments are an "important part" of building a community on YouTube. But your comments may not show or might get removed.

More about this subject. This is just disgusting. See from 6:00

This from YouTube support I posted above.... Comments are an "important part" of building a community on YouTube.

On 4/17/2024 at 9:28 PM, Mr. Fox said:

What they really mean is "comments from those that share our political and social views and fit the narrative are an important part of forcing our agenda on everyone else, so if we don't agree with your comments or they are at odds with our agenda they will be removed."

Se above. Do You enjoy Jokes bro @Mr. Fox ? The bigger they are the worse they be. Just look at Microsoft and how they run their business monopol. Sad seeing how the big tech companies has become.

On 5/1/2024 at 12:44 AM, Papusan said:

We live in sad times. The more we spend the less we'll get back. Is less more?

See my previous comment/reply in the quote above and compare with what being said here. I was spot on @Rage Set From 9:15

My latest posts here is a bit lengthy so I had to make two in a row. Sorry bro @Reciever

• Thumb Up 3
  • Bump 1

If and when you are using a mobile device functionality is limited, even in desktop browser mode.

Yeah, @Papusan a big, fat, two-handed nasty-finger salute to the Big Tech commie bastards across the globe. crApple, Micro$lop, Meta and their associated and subsidiary crime rings, Tik Tok, all of the Alphabet muppets show (including Google and YouTube) and all members of their circle-jerk of technology cartels deserve to have the bad things they do revisited upon them ten thousand-fold. I'm more than willing for us all to learn how to live in a world without any of them and their scummy, woke, data-stealing Nazi bullcrap. I'd love nothing more than to see all of them go bankrupt and be decimated over a span of a couple of days. It would present some temporary consequences of inconvenience for their co-dependent sheeple, but the world would be a better place without any of them. I put them in the same category as serial killers, sexual predators and pedophiles and wish all manner of unfortunate business calamities, legal tragedies, malicous attacks and fatal financial hardships be visited on all of them, swiftly and without mercy. The human race was much happier and healthier, and more intelligent, before their defective contributions to society emerged. 

• Thumb Up 2
  • Like 1

On 4/25/2024 at 10:58 PM, Papusan said:

Main problem. Intel haven't enough SKUs that should be labeled i9 K/KF or KS. Intel need to come back with xx850K/KF chips. The only solution so they can get rid of the trash. No point offer junk as xx900K/KF or KS flagship chips. That's a failure and the reason Intel now is on deep water (brand damage). 

On 4/24/2024 at 1:09 AM, Papusan said:

If Intel had done their job properly, they should refused to launch 14900KS. Also the 14900K/KF is very questionable. A cpu should never crash... It should throttle down speed and voltage. This if  the Cpu run stock clocks regardless of power settings. Every single i9 crashing at stock clock speed are defective.

I mean over half of the shipped 14th gen KS chips should have been binned as ordinary K chips. And 25-50% of all 14900K should have been downgraded to i9-14850K. The bin statistic we have seen for mentioned chips speaks for itself. 

On 5/1/2024 at 12:44 AM, Papusan said:

First.... Intel use lower bin quality now for the older 13th gen because they launched 14th gen. And 14th gen K SKU's get worse silicon because Intel pick up those average K sku's for their new disaster dubbed KS (Special Edition) with pumped up voltage to reach 6.2GHz on two cores for the gamer-kids bragging needs. This will also help Intel to recup higher profits. Where is the quality control? Down the drain? 

Tester Reveals Only 5 out of 10 Core i9-13900K & 2 out of 10 Core i9-14900K CPUs Stable In Auto Profile, Intel & Board Partners Yet To Determine Cause of Stability Issues

The tester is the owner of a studio that buys several CPUs for their own needs. In invoices shared by the tester, it is revealed that he has bought and tested at least 100s of Intel Core i9-13900K and Core i9-14900K CPUs and it looks like almost all of the chips he acquired had some sort of issue in terms of stability. Motherboards used by the studio include ASUS's Z790, B760, Z690 and B660 boards. 

• Intel Core i9-13900K "AUTO -253W" - 40/50% (4/5 out of 10 units stable)
  • Intel Core i9-13900K "Reduced Loadline" - 50-60% (5/6 out of 10 units stable)
  • Intel Core i9-13900K "B760/B660 Board" - 60-70% (6/7 out of 10 units stable)
  • Intel Core i9-14900K "AUTO - 253W" - 20% (2 out of 10 units stable)
  • Intel Core i9-14900K "Reduced Loadline" - ~30% (3 out of 10 units stable)
  • Intel Core i9-14900K "B760/B660 Board" - 40% (4 out of 10 units stable)

So the out-of-the-box experience on an Intel 13th and 14th Gen CPUs is bad. It is reported that the chips might work fine for a week or a little over a month but usually end up producing stability issues.

News Sources: HKEPCHXL

I stand with my older standpoint... Trash binned i9-xx900K skus should be downbinned to xx850(K/KF) and all other ok'ish xx900K should be labeled 13th gen 13900K. The 13th and 14th gen KS should never have seen the light. Same also for 14th gen K/KF i9 chips. All too many flagship skus from Intel compete for same silicon quality. There is simple not enough good silicon to push out so many different i9 processors. Intel have run into the greed trap. Or failed hard in their AI binning process. They need to rethink their strategy for the 15th generation and beyond. Because this is not good enough. 
  • Like 1

On 5/1/2024 at 9:43 AM, Mr. Fox said:

This is a fanboy product, not an enthusiast product. A performance PC enthusiast finds such behavior to be a deadly and unforgivable transgression. It doesn't even matter whether or not the product works well, it is still disgusting and unacceptable by design and an abomination. It is conceptually the same as buying a "sports car" with a powerful engine that cannot exceed the speed limit and cannot even burn rubber. But, it can go from zero to the speed limit very fast, LoL. 

It's a gaming product, no point in overclocking your CPU if you are looking for the highest FPS.

It's just not a tweaker or content workers product.

• Thumb Up 3

Sager NP9877

Hybrid Watercooled setup, D5 pump with dual 140MM fans integrated into custom stand. All controlled via temp outputs from GPU and CPU.

17.3" 1440p 120Hz display + 32" 4k MSI IPS 160Hz display

9900KS @ 4.8Ghz (47x102Mhz) All core, delid with rockit IHS, liquid metal

RTX 3080 @ 1920/8000 shunt mod

32GB (16x2 dual rank) 3280Mhz DDR4 CL16

1TB SM961 SSD

2TB SN770 SSD

Dual 330W PSU