NotebookTalk

*Official Benchmark Thread* - Post it here or it didn't happen :D

Mr. Fox

14 minutes ago, Papusan said:

See bolded text above. Then compare with the bolded text from MSI's Press release notes below.... Then you see the same as me. If there is a minority of i9 processors having all this stability problems... They are RMA candidates. They are defective! In short no need for any workarounds. Just RMA the processors back to the retail shop or Intel. No one should pay for defective Cpu's that don't work as intended/expected.

MSI Offers BIOS Guide To Improve Gaming Stability With Intel 14th & 13th Gen CPUs

[Press Release]: According to some reports, a minority of Intel Core i9-13900K and Core i9-14900K processors may experience instability while gaming or under heavy workloads. If you're encountering this issue, here are some workarounds recommended by Intel.

yup, pretty cut n dry 😛 

• Thumb Up 2
  • Like 2

Mine: Hyperion "Titan God of Heat, Heavenly Light, Power" (2022-24)
AMD Ryzen 9 7950X (custom TG IHS) / Asus ROG Crosshair X670E Extreme / MSI Geforce RTX 4090 Suprim X / Teamgroup T-Force Delta RGB DDR5-8200 2x24 GB / Seagate Firecuda 530 4 TB / 5x Samsung 860 Evo 4 TB / Arctic Liquid Freezer II 420 (Push/Pull 6x Noctua NF-A14 IndustrialPPC-3000 intake) / Seasonic TX-1600 W Titanium / Phanteks Enthoo Pro 2 TG (3x Arctic P12 A-RGB intake / 4x Arctic P14 A-RGB exhaust / 1x Arctic P14 A-RGB RAM cooling) / Samsung Odyssey Neo G8 32" 4K 240 Hz / Ducky One 3 Daybreak Fullsize Cherry MX Brown / Corsair M65 Ultra RGB / PDP Afterglow Wave Black

My Lady's: Clevo NH55JNNQ "Alfred" (2022-24)
Sharp LQ156M1JW03 FHD matte 15.6" IGZO 8 bit @248 Hz / Intel Core i5 12600 / Nvidia Geforce RTX 3070 Ti / Mushkin Redline DDR4-3200 2x32 GB / Samsung 970 Pro 1 TB / Samsung 870 QVO 8 TB / Intel AX201 WIFI 6+BT 5.2 / Win 11 Pro Phoenix Lite OS / 230 W PSU powered by Prema Mod!

Buy two and you are probably safe😀

• Thumb Up 2

"The Killer"  ASUS ROG Z790 Apex Encore | 14900KS | 4090 HOF + 20 other graphics cards | 32GB DDR5 | Be Quiet! Dark Power Pro 12 - 1500 Watt | Second PSU - Cooler Master V750 SFX Gold 750W (For total of 2250W Power) | Corsair Obsidian 1000D | Custom Cooling | Asus ROG Strix XG27AQ 27" Monitors |

Papusan @ HWBOTTeam PremaMod @ HWBOT | Papusan @ YouTube Channel

2 hours ago, Papusan said:

See bolded text above. Then compare with the bolded text from MSI's Press release notes below.... Then you see the same as me. If there is a minority of i9 processors having all this stability problems... They are RMA candidates. They are defective! In short no need for any workarounds. Just RMA the processors back to the retail shop or Intel. No one should pay for defective Cpu's that don't work as intended/expected.

MSI Offers BIOS Guide To Improve Gaming Stability With Intel 14th & 13th Gen CPUs

[Press Release]: According to some reports, a minority of Intel Core i9-13900K and Core i9-14900K processors may experience instability while gaming or under heavy workloads. If you're encountering this issue, here are some workarounds recommended by Intel.

Source: MSI

Exactly. It's either good and works correctly, or it's junk and goes back for a refund right away. No workarounds. Workarounds to make a defective part usable is not an acceptable solution. If you have to stick to no more than stock Intel power limits or limit boost clocks to find stability you have a part that never should have made it to store shelves. The K/KF/KS SKUs are made for the express purpose of being unlocked and overclockable and if they are unstable at stock boost clocks or have no available headroom left for overclocking they are defective units and a refund or replacement should be expected, no questions asked. It never should have passed QC.

They should also put some tight restrictions around the V/F curve on what the maximum acceptable stock turbo max Vcore is for a given SKU. Say something like 1.425V for the advertised turbo max. If it takes 1 mV more than 1.425V for stock turbo max then it is relegated to a lower SKU, capped to a lower boost clock and Vcore max and not sold as an unlocked SKU.

They should also standardize the SP rating system and make it a normal component of the UEFI for all brands. So, if you buy an MSI, Gigabyte, ASRock or ASUS motherboard and install the CPU in any of them, they will all assign an accurate and consistent SP rating that will be the same with BIOS defaults on any brand. If you install it in an ASUS motherboard and it has an SP108, then you install it in a MSI or Gigabyte, or ASRock motherboard that same CPU shows an SP108. 

This should also be applied to AMD processors in the same manner. End the silicon lottery with a very black and white minimum baseline that is published and readily available to the public, printed on the box or included product documentation, and make the manufacturers accountable for every CPU they sell.  No more bad samples or lottery losers. You'll still have lottery winners that stand out as exceptional samples, but also a guaranteed minimum outcome that should be acceptable to every consumer. And, no argument or debate if you end up with a short straw that slips through the QC process somehow. Automatic replacement or refund.

• Like 3

Wraith // Z790 Apex | 14900KF | 4090 Suprim X+Byksi Block | 48GB DDR5-8600 | Toughpower GF3 1650W | MO-RA3 360 | Hailea HC-500A || O11D XL EVO
Banshee // Z790 Apex Encore | 13900KS | 4090 Gaming OC+Alphacool Block | 48GB DDR5-8600 | RM1200x SHIFT | XT45 1080 Nova || Dark Base Pro 901
Munchkin // Z790i Edge | 14900K | Arc A770 Phantom Gaming OC | 48GB DDR5-8000 | GameMax 850W | EK Nucleus CR360 Dark || Prime AP201 
Half-Breed // Dell Precision 7720 | BGA CPU Filth+MXM Quadro P5000 | Sub-$500 Grade A Refurb || Nothing to Write Home About  

Mr. Fox YouTube Channel | Mr. Fox @ HWBOT

The average response time for a 911 call is 10 minutes. The response time of a .357 is 1400 feet per second.

55 minutes ago, Mr. Fox said:

Exactly. It's either good and works correctly, or it's junk and goes back for a refund right away. No workarounds. Workarounds to make a defective part usable is not an acceptable solution. If you have to stick to no more than stock Intel power limits or limit boost clocks to find stability you have a part that never should have made it to store shelves. The K/KF/KS SKUs are made for the express purpose of being unlocked and overclockable and if they are unstable at stock boost clocks or have no available headroom left for overclocking they are defective units and a refund or replacement should be expected, no questions asked. It never should have passed QC.

They should also put some tight restrictions around the V/F curve on what the maximum acceptable stock turbo max Vcore is for a given SKU. Say something like 1.425V for the advertised turbo max. If it takes 1 mV more than 1.425V for stock turbo max then it is relegated to a lower SKU, capped to a lower boost clock and Vcore max and not sold as an unlocked SKU.

They should also standardize the SP rating system and make it a normal component of the UEFI for all brands. So, if you buy an MSI, Gigabyte, ASRock or ASUS motherboard and install the CPU in any of them, they will all assign an accurate and consistent SP rating that will be the same with BIOS defaults on any brand. If you install it in an ASUS motherboard and it has an SP108, then you install it in a MSI or Gigabyte, or ASRock motherboard that same CPU shows an SP108. 

This should also be applied to AMD processors in the same manner. End the silicon lottery with a very black and white minimum baseline that is published and readily available to the public and make the manufacturers accountable for every CPU they sell.  No more bad samples or lottery losers. You'll have lottery winners that stand out as exceptional samples, but also a guaranteed minimum outcome that should be acceptable to every consumer. And, no argument or debate if you end up with a short straw that slips through the QC process somehow. Automatic replacement or refund.

Main problem. Intel haven't enough SKUs that should be labeled i9 K/KF or KS. That's the main reason we get a huge variety in the bin quality. From trash to a very few samples with good bin. Intel will never ever offer SP scores. Because they know their binning is only to max out profits from trash chips. Bin chips to reach max boost on two cores (then forget that they use hybrid tech with E-cores) is a failure. All P-cores should be able to reach max advertised boost clocks. Two best cores is an Joke. And they need to come back with xx850K/KF chips. The only solution so they can get rid of the trash. No point offer junk as xx900K/KF or KS flagship chips. That's a failure and the reason Intel now is on deep water (brand damage). 

• Like 2

"The Killer"  ASUS ROG Z790 Apex Encore | 14900KS | 4090 HOF + 20 other graphics cards | 32GB DDR5 | Be Quiet! Dark Power Pro 12 - 1500 Watt | Second PSU - Cooler Master V750 SFX Gold 750W (For total of 2250W Power) | Corsair Obsidian 1000D | Custom Cooling | Asus ROG Strix XG27AQ 27" Monitors |

very cool video, didnt expect to enjoy it so much, has a lot of ASMR vibes hahaha

• Thumb Up 2
  • Like 1

Mine: Hyperion "Titan God of Heat, Heavenly Light, Power" (2022-24)
AMD Ryzen 9 7950X (custom TG IHS) / Asus ROG Crosshair X670E Extreme / MSI Geforce RTX 4090 Suprim X / Teamgroup T-Force Delta RGB DDR5-8200 2x24 GB / Seagate Firecuda 530 4 TB / 5x Samsung 860 Evo 4 TB / Arctic Liquid Freezer II 420 (Push/Pull 6x Noctua NF-A14 IndustrialPPC-3000 intake) / Seasonic TX-1600 W Titanium / Phanteks Enthoo Pro 2 TG (3x Arctic P12 A-RGB intake / 4x Arctic P14 A-RGB exhaust / 1x Arctic P14 A-RGB RAM cooling) / Samsung Odyssey Neo G8 32" 4K 240 Hz / Ducky One 3 Daybreak Fullsize Cherry MX Brown / Corsair M65 Ultra RGB / PDP Afterglow Wave Black

My Lady's: Clevo NH55JNNQ "Alfred" (2022-24)
Sharp LQ156M1JW03 FHD matte 15.6" IGZO 8 bit @248 Hz / Intel Core i5 12600 / Nvidia Geforce RTX 3070 Ti / Mushkin Redline DDR4-3200 2x32 GB / Samsung 970 Pro 1 TB / Samsung 870 QVO 8 TB / Intel AX201 WIFI 6+BT 5.2 / Win 11 Pro Phoenix Lite OS / 230 W PSU powered by Prema Mod!

8 hours ago, Mr. Fox said:

Yup. The bin quality isn't good enough vs the targeted clock speed. Lower bin quality means you need more voltage and Intel can't fuse in whats needed for the advertised max clock speed. If they did, we would see even higher voltage than the trash bin we already have seen from 14900K/KS. Either they bin their chips properly or they have to lower the boost clock speed out of the box. Now its too late for this gen processors. You can't have it both. Pick your poison. All this is on Intel. A shortage of i9 processors is better than people get chips that can't run as expected. 

In short.... Feed more  voltage and it will run more stable but at the cost of higher temps and throttling well below advertised clock speed. 

What he said.... If you take 20 random  i9 processors then you can see 2 of them can't run Cinebench. Thats 10% failure rate. And the numbers could be even worse. Feed more voltage and it will throttle instead for crashing.

I look fowards to what Intel will say... But maybe they swap the problem under the carpet and try bin the remaining chips slightly better so they don't crash out of the box. But no one will know for sure. 

8 hours ago, Papusan said:

Main problem. Intel haven't enough SKUs that should be labeled i9 K/KF or KS. That's the main reason we get a huge variety in the bin quality. From trash to a very few samples with good bin. Intel will never ever offer SP scores. Because they know their binning is only to max out profits from trash chips. Bin chips to reach max boost on two cores (then forget that they use hybrid tech with E-cores) is a failure. All P-cores should be able to reach max advertised boost clocks. Two best cores is an Joke. And they need to come back with xx850K/KF chips. The only solution so they can get rid of the trash. No point offer junk as xx900K/KF or KS flagship chips. That's a failure and the reason Intel now is on deep water (brand damage). 

This one is dedicated to the Time Spy jockey bro @ryan🤩 

https://hwbot.org/submission/5545057_papusan_3dmark___time_spy_extreme_geforce_gtx_1070_3749_marks?recalculate=true

3141587.jpg

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Mr. Fox said:

This should also be applied to AMD processors in the same manner. End the silicon lottery with a very black and white minimum baseline that is published and readily available to the public, printed on the box or included product documentation, and make the manufacturers accountable for every CPU they sell.  No more bad samples or lottery losers. You'll still have lottery winners that stand out as exceptional samples, but also a guaranteed minimum outcome that should be acceptable to every consumer. And, no argument or debate if you end up with a short straw that slips through the QC process somehow. Automatic replacement or refund.

Another huge black stain on Intel, and you know as well as I do, they did this on purpose with full knowledge of what they were doing. That trash should have never been released, and they look foolish and desperate for doing so.

• Thumb Up 2
  • Like 2
  • Bump 1

Lian Li Lancool III | Ryzen 9 7950X | 48gb G-skill Trident Z5 DDR5 8000mhz | MSI Mpg X670E Carbon |

AsRock Taichi Radeon 7900xtx Bykski Block |Raijintek Scylla Pro 360 custom loop| Crucial T700 1tb

WD Black's SN770 500gb/1tb NVME | Toshiba 8Tb 7200rpm Data |

EVGA 1000w SuperNova |32" Agon 1440p 165hz Curved Screen |  Windows 10 LoT 21h2

5 hours ago, Raiderman said:

Another huge black stain on Intel, and you know as well as I do, they did this on purpose with full knowledge of what they were doing. That trash should have never been released, and they look foolish and desperate for doing so.

Yup, they're in the same league of dishonest devil-worshippers as NVIDIA and AMD and Micro$lop and crApple and Google and Meta. No surprise. Each of them is cartel of shysters that conspire on ways to screw us all. We have to pick our poisons and decide which cartel(s) are least objectionable. Big Tech, Big Media, Big Pharma and Big Government are all diabolical and will eventually end us all. There is nothing good that can be said of any of them.

Big Tech:

LoL = League of Liars

Satan = Father of Lies

• Like 3

Wraith // Z790 Apex | 14900KF | 4090 Suprim X+Byksi Block | 48GB DDR5-8600 | Toughpower GF3 1650W | MO-RA3 360 | Hailea HC-500A || O11D XL EVO
Banshee // Z790 Apex Encore | 13900KS | 4090 Gaming OC+Alphacool Block | 48GB DDR5-8600 | RM1200x SHIFT | XT45 1080 Nova || Dark Base Pro 901
Munchkin // Z790i Edge | 14900K | Arc A770 Phantom Gaming OC | 48GB DDR5-8000 | GameMax 850W | EK Nucleus CR360 Dark || Prime AP201 
Half-Breed // Dell Precision 7720 | BGA CPU Filth+MXM Quadro P5000 | Sub-$500 Grade A Refurb || Nothing to Write Home About  

The average response time for a 911 call is 10 minutes. The response time of a .357 is 1400 feet per second.

17 hours ago, Papusan said:

Yup. The bin quality isn't good enough vs the targeted clock speed. Lower bin quality means you need more voltage and Intel can't fuse in whats needed for the advertised max clock speed. If they did, we would see even higher voltage than the trash bin we already have seen from 14900K/KS. Either they bin their chips properly or they have to lower the boost clock speed out of the box. Now its too late for this gen processors. You can't have it both. Pick your poison. All this is on Intel. A shortage of i9 processors is better than people get chips that can't run as expected. 

In short.... Feed more  voltage and it will run more stable but at the cost of higher temps and throttling well below advertised clock speed. 

What he said.... If you take 20 random  i9 processors then you can see 2 of them can't run Cinebench. Thats 10% failure rate. And the numbers could be even worse. Feed more voltage and it will throttle instead for crashing.

I look fowards to what Intel will say... But maybe they swap the problem under the carpet and try bin the remaining chips slightly better so they don't crash out of the box. But no one will know for sure. 

This one is dedicated to the Time Spy jockey bro @ryan🤩 

https://hwbot.org/submission/5545057_papusan_3dmark___time_spy_extreme_geforce_gtx_1070_3749_marks?recalculate=true

3141587.jpg

7 hours ago, Raiderman said:

3 hours ago, Mr. Fox said:

Yup, they're in the same league of dishonest devil-worshippers as NVIDIA and AMD and Micro$lop and crApple and Google and Meta. No surprise. Each of them is cartel of shysters that conspire on ways to screw us all. We have to pick our poisons and decide which cartel(s) are least objectionable. Big Tech, Big Media, Big Pharma and Big Government are all diabolical and will eventually end us all. There is nothing good that can be said of any of them.

Big Tech:

LoL = League of Liars

Satan = Father of Lies

Gigabyte Z790 “Intel Baseline” profile puts Core i9-13900KF (QS) CPU into Core i7 tier

Nice. They all cripple the i9 processors now to stop the Cpu crashing due Intel trash binning. This time it's Gigabyte. 

April 26th, 2024 –GIGABYTE TECHNOLOGY Co. Ltd, a leading manufacturer of motherboards, graphics cards, and hardware solutions, released the latest beta BIOS with Intel Baseline feature on Z790, B760 series motherboards for enhanced stability, regarding the feedback from Intel that high power consumption settings may cause system instability with 13/14th generation CPUs.

High Power consumption come from all too high voltage fused into the chips to meat targeted max clock speed = Trash binned chips. I expect Intel will be very tight lipped now, as they seeing the MB manufacturers cripple the i9 down to i7 tier performance one after one after they pushed out new guidelines to stop the crashes. A official press release about the problem is a bad idea. It will damage the reputation even more. It's better let the MB manufacturers do the dirty work🤢

Superior Stability by GIGABYTE BETA BIOS with Intel Baseline on Z790/B760 Motherboards Gigabyte.com

2 months ago MSI bragged about their new OC experience with their coming bios. Now the gamers get i7 tier performance instead from their i9 processors. What a downturn. You just can't make proper bios profiles or optimize bios correctly if you only use top binned hardware in the development of the bios. And what with Intel... Did they also test hand picked CPU's then hoped everything was ok? 

MSI preparing 6.4 GHz overclocking profile for Intel Core i9... 

• Thumb Up 2

Gigabyte Z790 “Intel Baseline” profile puts Core i9-13900KF (QS) CPU into Core i7 tier

Nice. They all cripple the i9 processors now to stop the Cpu crashing due Intel trash binning. This time it's Gigabyte. 

April 26th, 2024 –GIGABYTE TECHNOLOGY Co. Ltd, a leading manufacturer of motherboards, graphics cards, and hardware solutions, released the latest beta BIOS with Intel Baseline feature on Z790, B760 series motherboards for enhanced stability, regarding the feedback from Intel that high power consumption settings may cause system instability with 13/14th generation CPUs.

High Power consumption come from all too high voltage fused into the chips to meat targeted max clock speed = Trash binned chips. I expect Intel will be very tight lipped now, as they seeing the MB manufacturers cripple the i9 down to i7 tier performance one after one after they pushed out new guidelines to stop the crashes. A official press release about the problem is a bad idea. It will damage the reputation even more. It's better let the MB manufacturers do the dirty work🤢

Superior Stability by GIGABYTE BETA BIOS with Intel Baseline on Z790/B760 Motherboards Gigabyte.com

2 months ago MSI bragged about their new OC experience with their coming bios. Now the gamers get i7 tier performance instead from their i9 processors. What a downturn. You just can't make proper bios profiles or optimize bios correctly if you only use top binned hardware in the development of the bios. And what with Intel... Did they also test hand picked CPU's then hoped everything was ok? 

MSI preparing 6.4 GHz overclocking profile for Intel Core i9... 

Don't send a boy to do a man's job...

PC Gamer: plays games on a PC

Overclocker:  employs a combination of knowledge, skill, trial and error to run a processor at elevated frequencies; may also play games on a PC

Neither endeavor ends well if you are attempting to perform the task using defective e-waste.

• Thumb Up 1
  • Like 1
  • Bump 1

9 minutes ago, Mr. Fox said:

Don't send a boy to do a man's job...

PC Gamer: plays games on a PC

Overclocker:  employs a combination of knowledge, skill, trial and error to run a processor at elevated frequencies; may also play games on a PC

Neither endeavor ends well if you are attempting to perform the task using defective e-waste.

Yep, its why I always respect those that have a passion for the subject matter. 

Especially on HEDT, especially in the X58 era. SandyBridge made it much easier to jump in but you also lost some of the granularity iirc.

• Thumb Up 1
  • Like 3
  • Bump 1

4 hours ago, Papusan said:

Interesting that they used a QS CPU for testing. Casts even more doubt on what they are trying to do. Clickbait for drama. Never let an opportunity to fabricate a crisis go to waste. Clicky-clicky.

• Haha 5

18 minutes ago, Mr. Fox said:

Interesting that they used a QS CPU for testing. Casts even more doubt on what they are trying to do. Clickbait for drama. Never let an opportunity to fabricate a crisis go to waste. Clicky-clicky.

I'm confused, why did they use 125 or 188w? Did they just pull some random number out of their rears? Intel's spec sheet shows 253w for K and 320 for KS. Isn't 125w for non K or HX. What is 188w from? LOL wtf. 

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 2
  • Bump 1
Spoiler

The Beast Asus Z790 APEX | Intel i9 13900K | ASUS RTX 4090 Strix OC | 64gb DDR5 7466 CL34 Dual Rank A-Dies | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB | Innocn 4K 160Hz Mini LED HDR1000 | LG 27GN950-B 4K 160Hz | Corsair 170i Elite LCD 420mm AIO | Corsair 7000D | EVGA 1600w T2

Little Beast EVGA Z690 DARK | Intel i9 13900K | Nvidia RTX 4090 FE | 32gb DDR5 SK Hynix DDR5 8000 CL36 A-Dies | Samsung 980 Pro 2TB | LG OLED C1 4K 120Hz G-Sync/FreeSync | Alienware AW2721D 1440p 240Hz G-Sync Ultimate | Corsair 115i Elite 280mm AIO | Lian Li 011 Dynamic | EVGA 1000w P6

Just now, Talon said:

I'm confused, why did they use 125 or 188w? Did they just pull some random number out of their rears? Intel's spec sheet shows 253w for K and 320 for KS. Isn't 125w for non K or HX. What is 188w from? LOL wtf. 

Yeah, the whole thing is pretty sketchy. I bet they were hoping nobody noticed. I do think they generated that entire thing just for clickbait. Totally bogus "article" of misinformation.

• Thumb Up 2

@Papusan Just saw your account pop up on the aquacomputer forum, I use the aquaero 5 LT for my loop control.

• Thumb Up 1
  • Like 2

Sager NP9877

Hybrid Watercooled setup, D5 pump with dual 140MM fans integrated into custom stand. All controlled via temp outputs from GPU and CPU.

17.3" 1440p 120Hz display + 32" 4k MSI IPS 160Hz display

9900KS @ 4.8Ghz (47x102Mhz) All core, delid with rockit IHS, liquid metal

RTX 3080 @ 1920/8000 shunt mod

32GB (16x2 dual rank) 3280Mhz DDR4 CL16

1TB SM961 SSD

2TB SN770 SSD

Dual 330W PSU 

No need for Intel baseline profile here.

Works as intended.

gatordone-nhra.gif

59-47-51-8400-jpg.2657319

• Thumb Up 1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Mr. Fox said:

Works as intended.

gatordone-nhra.gif

Baseline with Intel Failsafe Voltage is a joke. 

Just set 253/253 and 320/320w and auto and if that doesn't work then RMA. Crank it up for those with real cooling. 

• Thumb Up 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Like 2
  • Bump 1
Spoiler

The Beast Asus Z790 APEX | Intel i9 13900K | ASUS RTX 4090 Strix OC | 64gb DDR5 7466 CL34 Dual Rank A-Dies | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB | Innocn 4K 160Hz Mini LED HDR1000 | LG 27GN950-B 4K 160Hz | Corsair 170i Elite LCD 420mm AIO | Corsair 7000D | EVGA 1600w T2

Little Beast EVGA Z690 DARK | Intel i9 13900K | Nvidia RTX 4090 FE | 32gb DDR5 SK Hynix DDR5 8000 CL36 A-Dies | Samsung 980 Pro 2TB | LG OLED C1 4K 120Hz G-Sync/FreeSync | Alienware AW2721D 1440p 240Hz G-Sync Ultimate | Corsair 115i Elite 280mm AIO | Lian Li 011 Dynamic | EVGA 1000w P6

On 4/26/2024 at 10:46 PM, Talon said:

Probably from tuned AC/DC values that match their  test sample. In short random numbers they found appropriate or from their old documents before Intel nailed the specs for 12th gen. But it seems Gigabytes fix for the crashes (still in minority vs sold processors) is the worst from them all. Can't fix stupid. Add PL1 at 125W is just dumb. 

The closest I could find the random number 188W is from an older article from Igors lab. 

01-ADL-RPL-125-Watts-1.png

https://www.igorslab.de/en/power-consumption-and-load-peaks-intels-coming-alder-lake-s-and-raptor-lake-s-cpus-in-comparison-exclusively/3/

On 4/26/2024 at 10:56 PM, Meaker said:

@Papusan Just saw your account pop up on the aquacomputer forum, I use the aquaero 5 LT for my loop control.

The world is very small bro @Meaker🙂 

On 4/26/2024 at 11:40 PM, Mr. Fox said:

Works as intended.

gatordone-nhra.gif

59-47-51-8400-jpg.2657319

Yes, bro Fox. I won't apply it. You don't grab many boints or trophies with heavly castrated tools. Gigabyte want that you run your overpriced 13900K(KS) worse than any i7-13700K. That's perverse.

giphy.gif

GTX1070 - 3DM Vantage (X-treme).

https://hwbot.org/submission/5545810_papusan_3dmark_vantage___extreme_geforce_gtx_1070_55901_marks?recalculate=true

3142106.jpg

3DM Vantage (Performance).

https://hwbot.org/submission/5545800_papusan_3dmark_vantage___performance_geforce_gtx_1070_107619_marks?recalculate=true

3142099.jpg

3DM Vantage (GPU).

https://hwbot.org/submission/5545802_papusan_3dmark_vantage___performance_(gpu)_geforce_gtx_1070_97878_marks?recalculate=true

3142099.jpg

• Thumb Up 2
  • Sad 1

https://www.3dmark.com/spy/47636486

Broke 14k in timespy.

Just hard hitting into the 0.9V limit on the mobile 3080.

On 4/25/2024 at 2:12 PM, Papusan said:

Jensen did say buy more save more 🤷‍♀️

• Thumb Up 2
  • Like 3
  • Bump 3

Sager NP9877

Hybrid Watercooled setup, D5 pump with dual 140MM fans integrated into custom stand. All controlled via temp outputs from GPU and CPU.

17.3" 1440p 120Hz display + 32" 4k MSI IPS 160Hz display

9900KS @ 4.8Ghz (47x102Mhz) All core, delid with rockit IHS, liquid metal

RTX 3080 @ 1920/8000 shunt mod

32GB (16x2 dual rank) 3280Mhz DDR4 CL16

1TB SM961 SSD

2TB SN770 SSD

Dual 330W PSU 

The blue rabbit has come out from the hole. But not official. The MB manufacturers and Microsoft is to blame for the Cpu crashes. Do not use etc... Windows Ultimate Performance mode in the OS. Is this meant as a joke? They don't like other power profiles than balanced for Jokebooks?

Hmmm, maybe Intel will ask Microsoft kindly to remove any reg keys/or options that allow High performance power plans being enabled in the OS. Wouldn't that be nice?🤮🤢🤮

Intel releases “13th and 14th Generation K SKU Processor Instability Issue Update”
https://www.igorslab.de/intel-veroeffentlicht-das-13th-and-14th-generation-k-sku-processor-instability-issue-update/

LOOO.jpg

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Still crazy that it seems MSI has basically jettisoned AMD 7000 GPU sales (sans 7600 mech) but I understand lol....

At least they're staying strong with AMD motherboards though.

• Thumb Up 4
  • Bump 1

Electrosoft Prime: 7950X3D | MSI X670E Carbon  | MSI Suprim X Liquid 4090 | AC LF II 420 | G.Skill 6000 A-Die 2x32GB | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB | EVGA 1600w P2 | Phanteks Ethroo Pro | Alienware AW3225QF 32" OLED

Eurocom Raptor X15 | 12900k | Nvidia RTX 3070ti | 15.6" 1080p 240hz | Kingston 3200 32GB (2x16GB) | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB Heatsink Edition
Heath: i9-12900k | EVGA CLC 280 | Asus Strix Z690 D4 | Asus Strix 3080 | 32GB DDR4 2x16GB B-Die 4000  | WD Black SN850 512GB |  EVGA DG-77 | Samsung G7 32" 144hz 32"

MelMel:  (Retrofit currently in progress)

• Thumb Up 1
  • Like 2

https://hwbot.org/submission/5546681_ P @ 62x, E @ 48x, Cache @ 52x

image.png

• Like 3

• Like 2

STOP!!

Your 1070 is breaking the 3060. 22k in firestrike graphics is what I get with a slight overclock. Many people run their 3060s with that level of performance. excellent

• Thumb Up 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled