NotebookTalk

*Official Benchmark Thread* - Post it here or it didn't happen :D

Mr. Fox

2 hours ago, electrosoft said:

Enhancements everywhere but performance. Hopefully it will pay dividends for 16th.

Der8auer should have his delid and bare die solution out by then (a must) and hopefully Intel will have an epiphany that nobody with a smidgen of intelligence wants a CPU missing hyperthreading. Hopefully by then they will be done with stupid experiments like using Atom cores and the foolish chiplet/tiled design nonsense.

• Thumb Up 1
  • Like 2

Wraith // Z790 Apex | 14900KS | 4090 Suprim X+Byksi Block | 48GB DDR5-8600 | Toughpower GF3 1650W | MO-RA3 360 | Hailea HC-500A || O11D XL EVO

Banshee // Z790 Apex Encore | 14900KF | 4090 Gaming OC+Alphacool Block | 48GB DDR5-8600 | RM1200x SHIFT | XT45 1080 Nova || Antec C8

Spectre // Z790i Edge | 13900KS | 3090 Ti FTW3 | 48GB DDR5-8200 | RM1000e | EK Nucleus CR360 Direct Die || Prime A21

Raptor // Z690 PG Velocita | 13900KS | 2080 Ti | 32GB DDR5-6400 | RM1200x SHIFT | EK Nucleus CR360 Dark || Praxis Wetbench

Half-Breed // Dell Precision 7720 | BGA CPU Filth+MXM Quadro P5000 | 4K Display | Sub-$500 Grade A Refurb | Nothing to Write Home About

Mr. Fox YouTube Channel | Mr. Fox @ HWBOT

The average response time for a 911 call is 10 minutes. The response time of a .357 is 1400 feet per second. 

9 hours ago, electrosoft said:

Yup, I've been saying it since mid Summer! 🙂

Enhancements everywhere but performance. Hopefully it will pay dividends for 16th.

My big issue is 15th gen still looks to run pretty hot and heavy and that's without HT if some of those "unlocked" MSI slides are valid which I would tend to think they are. Me thinks a little bit of removing HT was because it would run just as hot and heavy, if not more, than 14th.

LOOL. If Intel only keep LGA 1851 for one single gen chips they are soon digging their own grave. Smart people will never forget. They want something out from their money. Two gen chips on same socket is really bad and well known with Intel, but with only one chips before a needed MB change... Then it's no difference between BGA Jokebooks and desktops. And all know what I feel about soldered trashbooks. 

But I can clearly understand why Intel don't want go with an Arrow Lake Refresh when you see how it perform in games (worse gaming performance confirmed by Intel). Imagine an Arrow Lake refresh with more baby cores but offer same lackluster gaming performance from the P-cores. Even a possible 2 bin boost increase in clocks for the P-cores isn't enough. That will be RIP Intel. 

Leaked MSI slide mentions Arrow Lake Refresh — reignites hopes that LGA 1851 will last more than a single-generation

Can Arrow Lake hold off AMD for 2 years?

7 hours ago, Mr. Fox said:

Der8auer should have his delid and bare die solution out by then (a must) and hopefully Intel will have an epiphany that nobody with a smidgen of intelligence wants a CPU missing hyperthreading. Hopefully by then they will be done with stupid experiments like using Atom cores and the foolish chiplet/tiled design nonsense.

Nice. Even cooling parts can only be fully usedl for a single-gen processors nowadays. That match how Intel prefer it to be. The so called comptibility for next gen socket is almost dead. 

This is how modern works.... You already benchmark before the benchmark software have started. 

bad.png

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

"The Killer"  ASUS ROG Z790 Apex Encore | 14900KS | 4090 HOF + 20 other graphics cards | 32GB DDR5 | Be Quiet! Dark Power Pro 12 - 1500 Watt | Second PSU - Cooler Master V750 SFX Gold 750W (For total of 2250W Power) | Corsair Obsidian 1000D | Custom Cooling | Asus ROG Strix XG27AQ 27" Monitors |

Papusan @ HWBOTTeam PremaMod @ HWBOT | Papusan @ YouTube Channel

So good news. I ended up finding a real retail Xeon W3175X. I traded my Z790 Apex A04 for a complete HEDT system. I traded my Apex Z790, and (2x24GB) 8200 ram kit, SC ram block, lga1700 waterblock, and 360mm AIO. For a Asus Dominus motherboard, 3175X retail CPU, EKWB WS waterblock, EKWB DOMINUS VRM block, and 192GB of some poopy DDR4. I will have (2) Dominus boards. The only thing wrong with this system is, it needs a hair dryer to fire up, or just hold your finger on the SMD to warm it a couple seconds then it fires, most don’t know which exact SMD it is, so they just use a hair dryer blowing in the general area, very limited info on this subject, apparently this happen with prior X99/X299 Extreme boards as well (That’s Asus for ya lol). But, it actually includes the replacement SMD to fix this. So I will fix the cold bug my self once I get a magnifying glass so I can see what I’m soldering. I thought it was a really great trade. 

• Thumb Up 1
  • Like 3
  • Bump 2

13900KF

4 hours ago, tps3443 said:

So good news. I ended up finding a real retail Xeon W3175X. I traded my Z790 Apex A04 for a complete HEDT system. I traded my Apex Z790, and (2x24GB) 8200 ram kit, SC ram block, lga1700 waterblock, and 360mm AIO. For a Asus Dominus motherboard, 3175X retail CPU, EKWB WS waterblock, EKWB DOMINUS VRM block, and 192GB of some poopy DDR4. I will have (2) Dominus boards. The only thing wrong with this system is, it needs a hair dryer to fire up, or just hold your finger on the SMD to warm it a couple seconds then it fires, most don’t know which exact SMD it is, so they just use a hair dryer blowing in the general area, very limited info on this subject, apparently this happen with prior X99/X299 Extreme boards as well (That’s Asus for ya lol). But, it actually includes the replacement SMD to fix this. So I will fix the cold bug my self once I get a magnifying glass so I can see what I’m soldering. I thought it was a really great trade. 

So what is your main rig now that you sold off your SP108 and traded Apex+8200 kit and some other goodies?

Electrosoft Prime: SP109 14900KS  | Asrock Z790i Lightning  | MSI Suprim X Liquid 4090 | AC LF II 420 | TG 2x16GB 8200 | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB | EVGA 1600w P2 | Phanteks Ethroo Pro | Alienware AW3225QF 32" OLED
Heath: i9-12900k | EVGA CLC 280 | Asus Strix Z690 D4 | Asus Strix 3080 | 32GB DDR4 2x16GB B-Die 4000  | WD Black SN850 512GB |  EVGA DG-77 | Samsung G7 32" 144hz 32"

My for sale items on eBay.

25 minutes ago, electrosoft said:

So what is your main rig now that you sold off your SP108 and traded Apex+8200 kit and some other goodies?

Currently using a M1 MacBook for my work directly from the La-Z-Boy 💻 😆 but I do still have a 13900KS/Z690 Hero/DDR5 handy that can be used in a pinch. 

But I’m going to be using this Dominus/3175X/128GB Bdie daily as a work play PC. I’m going to throw it on the test bench temporarily for setup and tuning purposes, and order a big boy case very soon that can house all of it. 

It does have native U.2 ports, so I can actually use my Intel Optane. I had this adapter which didn’t work at all, it had a sata power and a M.2 dongle all wired together to a U.2 plug. 

My idea is to have a main work PC that’s ultra quiet and ultra reliable all in a case. This will be the daily go to for gaming and work etc. And I will have the test bench ready for whatever maybe Z890, or since I’m skipping that then probably Z990.

We’re about to see some extreme CPU bottleneck with the 4090 on this Dominus/3175X. 😎 It should be able to chug 4K at least.

• Thumb Up 2
  • Like 1
  • Bump 1

13900KF

I'm hoping there's a definitive answer here (even if it's just a no), but I've started to become frustrated with my 4070 Super as even though I have a 350w Gigabyte vBIOS on my ASUS Dual card, it can never fully stretch its legs as it's voltage limited at 1.1200v. I know Lovelace is voltage limited, but is there some tool to modify the vBIOS or something in order to elevate the voltage?

I'm getting frustrated as whenever I look into this, I just get spammed with reddit threads on r/overclocking and r/nvidia of people going crazy because, "The RTX 4070 Super is so good for undervolting!!!!!" My response is ???????

A. Why the hell would you want to undervolt a desktop GPU unless you're in like, some European country where electricity costs an arm and a leg? If the electricity costs that much, I don't think gaming should be a top priority...
B. I don't understand why some people are ecstatic to lower (I know it's slight, but hear me out) the performance of their GPU. These tend to be the same people who whine and complain about how Nvidia is an evil company and how bad GPU pricing has been over the past few years. The whole purpose of overclocking is to squeeze as much performance out of technology without increasing the price of what you have. I have no idea why these people are doing the opposite and making their own situation worse while creating more justification to complain and whine.

C. While most of the threads I've seen are on r/nvidia, there are a few on r/overclocking. Why are threads about undervolting allowed on r/overclocking???????? These two things are like, polar opposites.
D. Why can't I easily find someone who has had the same problem as me? I think the fact that I can't find anything shows how rotted out many are nowadays. I really hope it's just a vocal minority, but I feel that while many people know about technology and how to build a computer, they know nothing about fine-tuning the parts that "they know are good" and spent lots of money on. What good is your "fast" car if the tune is terrible? Ask any car guy that question and they will tell you what you have is garbage.

The reason I lurk here is because you all understand the value of fine-tuning a system, but more importantly, none of you gatekeep the knowledge and experience you've acquired over the years. I owe it to the people here to where I am now, if I never received the help I did nearly four years ago, then I don't know where I would be now.

I'll quit ranting now.

• Thumb Up 1
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

Clevo P870TM-G: Core i7 8700k @ 4.8ghz | Clevo RTX 2070 Super | 32gb HyperX DDR4 @ 3200mhz | 17" 1440p 120hz B173QTN01.0 Screen | 256gb Samsung 850 EVO | 500gb WD Blue SSD | Prema BIOS

Alienware 17 R1: Core i7 4710mq @ 3.619ghz 741 CBR15 (834 CBR15 @ 4.213ghz) | Dell GTX 860m | 16gb HyperX DDR3L @ 2133mhz | 17" 3D 120hz LTN173HT02-T01 Screen | 256gb mSATA SSD

Asus Zephyrus G14: Ryzen 7 4800hs @ 4.2ghz | GTX 1650 | 16gb DDR4 @ 3200mhz | 14" 120hz LM140LF1F01 Screen | 512gb NVME SSD

46 minutes ago, Tenoroon said:

I'm hoping there's a definitive answer here (even if it's just a no), but I've started to become frustrated with my 4070 Super as even though I have a 350w Gigabyte vBIOS on my ASUS Dual card, it can never fully stretch its legs as it's voltage limited at 1.1200v. I know Lovelace is voltage limited, but is there some tool to modify the vBIOS or something in order to elevate the voltage?

I'm getting frustrated as whenever I look into this, I just get spammed with reddit threads on r/overclocking and r/nvidia of people going crazy because, "The RTX 4070 Super is so good for undervolting!!!!!" My response is ???????

A. Why the hell would you want to undervolt a desktop GPU unless you're in like, some European country where electricity costs an arm and a leg? If the electricity costs that much, I don't think gaming should be a top priority...
B. I don't understand why some people are ecstatic to lower (I know it's slight, but hear me out) the performance of their GPU. These tend to be the same people who whine and complain about how Nvidia is an evil company and how bad GPU pricing has been over the past few years. The whole purpose of overclocking is to squeeze as much performance out of technology without increasing the price of what you have. I have no idea why these people are doing the opposite and making their own situation worse while creating more justification to complain and whine.

C. While most of the threads I've seen are on r/nvidia, there are a few on r/overclocking. Why are threads about undervolting allowed on r/overclocking???????? These two things are like, polar opposites.
D. Why can't I easily find someone who has had the same problem as me? I think the fact that I can't find anything shows how rotted out many are nowadays. I really hope it's just a vocal minority, but I feel that while many people know about technology and how to build a computer, they know nothing about fine-tuning the parts that "they know are good" and spent lots of money on. What good is your "fast" car if the tune is terrible? Ask any car guy that question and they will tell you what you have is garbage.

The reason I lurk here is because you all understand the value of fine-tuning a system, but more importantly, none of you gatekeep the knowledge and experience you've acquired over the years. I owe it to the people here to where I am now, if I never received the help I did nearly four years ago, then I don't know where I would be now.

I'll quit ranting now.

apologies for the chuckle, but its true, very happy that we still have the NBR gang couped up here at NBT to be able and share the knowledge / keep it from disappearing into digital oblivion.

• Thumb Up 1
  • Like 3

Mine: Hyperion "Titan God of Heat, Heavenly Light, Power" (2022-24)
AMD Ryzen 9 7950X (TG High Perf. IHS) / Asus ROG Crosshair X670E Extreme / MSI Geforce RTX 4090 Suprim X / Teamgroup T-Force Delta RGB DDR5-8200 2x24 GB / Seagate Firecuda 530 4 TB / 5x Samsung 860 Evo 4 TB / Arctic Liquid Freezer II 420 (Push/Pull 6x Noctua NF-A14 IndustrialPPC-3000 intake) / Seasonic TX-1600 W Titanium / Phanteks Enthoo Pro 2 TG (3x Arctic P12 A-RGB intake / 4x Arctic P14 A-RGB exhaust / 1x Arctic P14 A-RGB RAM cooling) / Samsung Odyssey Neo G8 32" 4K 240 Hz / Ducky One 3 Daybreak Fullsize Cherry MX Brown / Corsair M65 Ultra RGB / PDP Afterglow Wave Black / Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro X Limited Edition

My Lady's: Clevo NH55JNNQ "Alfred" (2022-24)
Sharp LQ156M1JW03 FHD matte 15.6" IGZO 8 bit @248 Hz / Intel Core i5 12600 / Nvidia Geforce RTX 3070 Ti / Mushkin Redline DDR4-3200 2x32 GB / Samsung 970 Pro 1 TB / Samsung 870 QVO 8 TB / Intel AX201 WIFI 6+BT 5.2 / Win 11 Pro Phoenix Lite OS / 230 W PSU powered by Prema Mod!

On 10/14/2024 at 6:06 PM, Papusan said:

Gamer kids buy it if it\s newer or more innovative than yesterdays tech. The tech space is flooded with overpriced junk. Just look at what Razer will offer the gaming community. One thing for sure... I\m 100% certain that bro @Rage Setwill stay away from their chairs.

LOL. That is the one thing I have not spent money on...a gaming chair. I still use an old wooden chair that I believe is from the 70's. The one chair I had my eye on for the past four years is the HarmanMiller Aeron Chair that I keep hearing is amazing but my wife would kill me if she found out I paid over $1000 for one. I also heard you can get them used for 300 to 500, but I never see them for that price locally. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Connecticut Citizens Defense League: Carry On!

5 hours ago, Tenoroon said:

I'll quit ranting now.

You have provided another real-life example of what I have been deliberately repeating in a potentially annoying manner: Stupidity rules. Those folks are living proof of it.

I am sad to have to tell you, there is no way to increase the voltage short of buying some components from Elmore's Labs and breaking out the soldering iron. Nobody makes enthusiast GPUs now. The only kind you can buy now are castrated gamer wuss and wannabe parts. So, other than an obsolete Kingpin model or a Galax unicorn, both of which require a special vBIOS to have full function (stock firmware is gimped to spec) if you can even find a Galax HOF for sale in the US, you're just SOL.

2 hours ago, Rage Set said:

LOL. That is the one thing I have not spent money on...a gaming chair. I still use an old wooden chair that I believe is from the 70's. The one chair I had my eye on for the past four years is the HarmanMiller Aeron Chair that I keep hearing is amazing but my wife would kill me if she found out I paid over $1000 for one. I also heard you can get them used for 300 to 500, but I never see them for that price locally. 

Hey. Happy Tuesday, brother. Yeah, I hear those are awesome chairs. I have never seen one other than photos. And, I have never seen a used one for sale. They're probably too expensive to be common, and if someone has one, they probably use it forever and then pass it down to family as an heirloom.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

Wraith // Z790 Apex | 14900KS | 4090 Suprim X+Byksi Block | 48GB DDR5-8600 | Toughpower GF3 1650W | MO-RA3 360 | Hailea HC-500A || O11D XL EVO

Banshee // Z790 Apex Encore | 14900KF | 4090 Gaming OC+Alphacool Block | 48GB DDR5-8600 | RM1200x SHIFT | XT45 1080 Nova || Antec C8

Spectre // Z790i Edge | 13900KS | 3090 Ti FTW3 | 48GB DDR5-8200 | RM1000e | EK Nucleus CR360 Direct Die || Prime A21

Raptor // Z690 PG Velocita | 13900KS | 2080 Ti | 32GB DDR5-6400 | RM1200x SHIFT | EK Nucleus CR360 Dark || Praxis Wetbench

Half-Breed // Dell Precision 7720 | BGA CPU Filth+MXM Quadro P5000 | 4K Display | Sub-$500 Grade A Refurb | Nothing to Write Home About

The average response time for a 911 call is 10 minutes. The response time of a .357 is 1400 feet per second. 

Nice. With vanilla DDR5 not much have changed vs older Raptor Lake. And people will get another security problem to handle. Aka the NPU (ticking bomb in all perspectives). New is always better🤮 I can clearly see why older 13th and 14th gen (from what I know) is keept out from supporting CUDIMMs. Because you need to offer something new, special and fancy to try sell  the newest hardware.

Edit. Not so sure this new features will help on the sales of Arrow lake processors

Gaming is still more important than any low end NPU (can't even tick Microsofts HW requirements for being copilot+ PC), the "recall" ticking bomb feature from Microsoft. And Intel offer less with the former. The trade is bad. For gamers and for those that seek much better (gaming)performance from "new has to be better". 

Intel's Arrow Lake official memory speeds are unchanged with standard memory sticks

The Intel Core Ultra 200S (codenamed Arrow Lake) chip spec sheets note that their maximum JEDEC DRAM speed is DDR5-6400, allowing users to use faster memory speeds without overclocking. However, hardware leaker @harukaze5710 shared some documentation on X that showed that the chips supported the faster standard when using more expensive CUDIMM. Standard UDIMM sticks would be limited to DDR5-5600 unless you use XMP to overclock them.

Intel releases NPU drivers with Arrow Lake support — AI PC users will have yet another component that may require regular updates

If you own an "AI PC" from Intel or AMD, that means you have an onboard Neural Processing Unit (NPU) alongside your typical CPU cores and graphics. And if you weren't aware, it seems — at least for Intel NPUs — you'll have yet another driver to potentially update on a regular basis. Even if you don't bother with Windows' AI PC features, these driver updates include security fixes alongside fixing issues or adding features, so it's probably a good idea to be diligent with these updates.

If you're using an Intel NPU on a Windows 10 PC rather than a Windows 11 PC, Intel also recommends that you outright disable the NPU within the BIOS rather than keeping it or its drivers enabled. What happens if you don't do this isn't clear (probably nothing for most situations), but leaving a potentially unusable NPU enabled could serve as a vector for attack or contribute to system instability.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

"The Killer"  ASUS ROG Z790 Apex Encore | 14900KS | 4090 HOF + 20 other graphics cards | 32GB DDR5 | Be Quiet! Dark Power Pro 12 - 1500 Watt | Second PSU - Cooler Master V750 SFX Gold 750W (For total of 2250W Power) | Corsair Obsidian 1000D | Custom Cooling | Asus ROG Strix XG27AQ 27" Monitors |

2 hours ago, Papusan said:

Nice. With vanilla DDR5 not much have changed vs older Raptor Lake. And people will get another security problem to handle. Aka the NPU (ticking bomb in all perspectives). New is always better🤮 I can clearly see why older 13th and 14th gen (from what I know) is keep out from getting CUDIMMs support right out of the gate. Because you need offer something new, special and fancy to sell  the newest hardware. Not so sure this new features will help on the sales of Arrow lake processors. 

Gaming is still more important than any low end NPU (can't even tick Microsofts HW requirements for being copilot+ PC), the "recall" ticking bomb feature from Microsoft. And Intel offer less with the former. The trade is bad. For gamers and for those that seek much better (gaming)performance from "new has to be better". 

Intel's Arrow Lake official memory speeds are unchanged with standard memory sticks

The Intel Core Ultra 200S (codenamed Arrow Lake) chip spec sheets note that their maximum JEDEC DRAM speed is DDR5-6400, allowing users to use faster memory speeds without overclocking. However, hardware leaker @harukaze5710 shared some documentation on X that showed that the chips supported the faster standard when using more expensive CUDIMM. Standard UDIMM sticks would be limited to DDR5-5600 unless you use XMP to overclock them.

Intel releases NPU drivers with Arrow Lake support — AI PC users will have yet another component that may require regular updates

If you own an "AI PC" from Intel or AMD, that means you have an onboard Neural Processing Unit (NPU) alongside your typical CPU cores and graphics. And if you weren't aware, it seems — at least for Intel NPUs — you'll have yet another driver to potentially update on a regular basis. Even if you don't bother with Windows' AI PC features, these driver updates include security fixes alongside fixing issues or adding features, so it's probably a good idea to be diligent with these updates.

If you're using an Intel NPU on a Windows 10 PC rather than a Windows 11 PC, Intel also recommends that you outright disable the NPU within the BIOS rather than keeping it or its drivers enabled. What happens if you don't do this isn't clear (probably nothing for most situations), but leaving a potentially unusable NPU enabled could serve as a vector for attack or contribute to system instability.

Evil bastards making stupid products for stupid people. We need to round all of them up, tie bags of bricks to their ankles and drop them all into the ocean. Then we will see what AI can do to make their lives better as they sleep with the fishes. They're all a total waste of DNA and we should stop sharing our oxygen with them.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Mr. Fox said:

Evil bastards making stupid products for stupid people. We need to round all of them up, tie bags of bricks to their ankles and drop them all into the ocean. Then we will see what AI can do to make their lives better as they sleep with the fishes. They're all a total waste of DNA and we should stop sharing our oxygen with them.

Any reason for this? Doesn't all voltage for DDR5 come from the dimm itself and not from the board? Why can't they offer support also with the older mem controller on 13th and especially 14th chips? DDR5 CUDIMM kits will require an Arrow Lake processor, and therefore the 15th GEN memory controller. 

And here is more from modern tech world...

Flight Simulator 2024 consumes up to 180 Mbit/s of bandwidth

In the alpha version, the game draws up to nine times more data than if you were to stream Netflix in 4K.

• Thumb Up 1

1 hour ago, Papusan said:

Any reason for this? Doesn't all voltage for DDR5 come from the dimm itself and not from the board? Why can't they offer support also with the older mem controller on 13th and especially 14th chips? DDR5 CUDIMM kits will require an Arrow Lake processor, and therefore the 15th GEN memory controller. 

Unnecessary change purely for the sake of change. No benefit to the end user, merely a scam to enhance revenue. Same as the idiotic 12VHPWR GPU power cable scam. Something new to sell that nobody needed or asked for.

• Thumb Up 4
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Mr. Fox said:

Unnecessary change purely for the sake of change. No benefit to the end user, merely a scam to enhance revenue. Same as the idiotic 12VHPWR GPU power cable scam. Something new to sell that nobody needed or asked for.

When highest possible performance come second or last. Intel really wanted to sell their new chips to Microsoft. Hence they traded performance for improved battery runtime to please Microsoft. And desktop users that wanted more performance have to pay the price. Aka they'll get mobile processors disguised as desktop CPUs. One fits all.

Leak reveals Microsoft Surface Laptop 8 powered by Intel Lunar Lake processors

In short, our recent Intel Lunar Lake analysis demonstrated that the Core Ultra 7 268V trades multi-core CPU performance for improved power efficiency and a much faster iGPU.

Everthing is about laptops/tablets nowadays...

Lenovo held its 2024 Tech World event this week and about midway through, Intel chief executive officer (CEO) Pat Gelsinger hopped on stage to discuss the artificial intelligence (AI) era, which he likened to being as disruptive as when the internet first burst onto the scene. 

"Just one more thing before I leave the stage," Gelsinger begins. "You know, we were working together on Meteor Lake, Lunar Lake and the Core Ultra PC—great battery life, CPU, GPU, NPU, but we're not done, are we?

Edit.......
  • Thumb Up 2
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Mr. Fox said:

Well it look like the stupidness will be everywhere now...😑

https://wccftech.com/intel-amd-testing-12v-2x6-power-connectors-for-next-gen-gpus/https://wccftech.com/intel-amd-testing-12v-2x6-power-connectors-for-next-gen-gpus/

• Haha 1
  • Sad 3

7950X3D| Zotac 4090 AMP Extreme Airo| MSI MPG B650 Edge Wifi| Lian Li Galahad 360 V2| 32GB Kingston Renegade RGBZ 6000|Kingston KC3000 2TB| Fury Renegade 2TB|Samsung 970 Evo 1TB| Lian Li O11 Dynamic Evo| Corsair HX1500i| Samsung Odyssey G9 Neo

Asus Zephyrus G15 (Ryzen 9 6900HS + RTX3080)

2 hours ago, cylix said:

Do they have another choice? Nope, because the PSU manufacturers cut down on 8-pin connectors. Remember newer modern motherboards will also use a single 8-pin connectors to power more peripherals. All to many new PSUs haven't enough 8 pin connectors anymore to power up the GPUs. Welcome to the future. Stupid is the new normal.

Edit. See for yourself.... This is Asus ROG. Then count the 8-pin power connectors. Remember ROG is Asus flagship brand. And this is what you get🥴 Not a single available 8-pin to power the GPU.

The final score rating should have been the half. And give this disgusting mess 99% for the "Features" is perverse

image.png

Tweaktown was all to kind giving this Asus failure a 95% rating. Sad seeing the average computer Joe being fooled this way. But it will be so when the tech press don't know how it is supoosed to be. Paid reviews is bad value but the lack of tech knowledge from the same audience (tech reviewers) is worse. 

• Thumb Up 1
  • Sad 2

2 hours ago, cylix said:

2 hours ago, Papusan said:

Do they have another choice? Nope, because the PSU manufacturers cut down on 8-pin connectors. Remember newer modern motherboards will also use a single 8-pin connectors to power more peripherals. All to many new PSUs haven't enough 8 pin connectors anymore to power up the GPUs. Welcome to the future. Stupid is the new normal.

Edit. See for yourself.... This is Asus ROG. Then count the 8-pin power connectors. Remember ROG is Asus flagship brand. And this is what you get🥴

The final score rating should have been the half. And give this disgusting mess 99% for the "Features" is perverse

image.png

Tweaktown was all to kind giving this Asus failure a 95% rating. Sad seeing the average computer Joe being fooled this way. But it will be so when the tech press don't know how it is supoosed to be. Paid reviews is bad value but the lack of tech knowledge from the same audience (tech reviewers) is worse. 

It is not fair for NVIDIA to be the only manufacturer with melting GPU power connectors and hogging all of the media attention. Intel and AMD deserve to get equal free publicity.

This also shows us that stupidity is a contagious disease. If jumping off the edge of the roof and breaking legs is the latest popular trend, then all the idiots will be doing it.

There was one thing, and only one thing, that I liked and admired about AMD video cards. Sounds like that one thing is going away now. 

Edit: Brother @cylix it looks like wccftech took down that article or the link shared is no good.

Edited by Mr. Fox
wccftech link leads to 404 Not Found error
  • Thumb Up 2
  • Like 1

My 3175X will be here tomorrow. I’m curious to see this Dinosaur build drive a 4090 at 4K. Very interesting system that’s for sure. 

I’m planning to get an Alta F2 case and house the system in that. Just a shame these cases are so freaking expensive. It’s really the perfect case though. 

• Like 4

13900KF

Edit: Brother @cylix it looks like wccftech took down that article or the link shared is no good.

Edited 2 hours ago by Mr. Fox
wccftech link leads to 404 Not Found error

https://wccftech.com/intel-amd-testing-12v-2x6-power-connectors-for-next-gen-gpus/

Or 

https://videocardz.com/newz/amd-and-intel-test-12v-2x6-power-connectors-for-next-gen-gpus-but-most-prototypes-still-stick-to-standard-options

This also shows us that stupidity is a contagious disease. If jumping off the edge of the roof and breaking legs is the latest popular trend, then all the idiots will be doing it.

The sad part...  This is normal. Kids often do the same thing as they see from influencers stupidity. Even young adults can't to see they are tricked into "Stupidity" 

See also... Are we so stupid as humanity that we follow so called “influencers”?

Why push AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D to end-of-life when AMD will continue support Ryzen 7 5700X3D and the 6-core 5600X3D ? This just follows the topic above. 

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D AM4 Processor Hits End-of-Life

• Thumb Up 1

11 hours ago, Papusan said:

And here is more from modern tech world...

In the alpha version, the game draws up to nine times more data than if you were to stream Netflix in 4K.

Honestly don't doubt it does, the game looks incredible. I played the closed alpha a couple days ago and damn, I was shocked at how good it looked and ran.

Also I know ARL is getting a lot of hate, but I'm still going to try it. Why not. If it sucks, I still have my Z790 Apex and 14900KS to tide me over till something good comes along. Honestly still holding out hope we do eventually see an 12P core Bartlett Lake next year. Power pig delight lol. 

• Like 4
  • Bump 1
Spoiler

The Beast Asus Z790 APEX | Intel i9 13900K | ASUS RTX 4090 Strix OC | 64gb DDR5 7466 CL34 Dual Rank A-Dies | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB | Innocn 4K 160Hz Mini LED HDR1000 | LG 27GN950-B 4K 160Hz | Corsair 170i Elite LCD 420mm AIO | Corsair 7000D | EVGA 1600w T2

Little Beast EVGA Z690 DARK | Intel i9 13900K | Nvidia RTX 4090 FE | 32gb DDR5 SK Hynix DDR5 8000 CL36 A-Dies | Samsung 980 Pro 2TB | LG OLED C1 4K 120Hz G-Sync/FreeSync | Alienware AW2721D 1440p 240Hz G-Sync Ultimate | Corsair 115i Elite 280mm AIO | Lian Li 011 Dynamic | EVGA 1000w P6

14 minutes ago, Talon said:

Honestly don't doubt it does, the game looks incredible. I played the closed alpha a couple days ago and damn, I was shocked at how good it looked and ran.

Also I know ARL is getting a lot of hate, but I'm still going to try it. Why not. If it sucks, I still have my Z790 Apex and 14900KS to tide me over till something good comes along. Honestly still holding out hope we do eventually see an 12P core Bartlett Lake next year. Power pig delight lol. 

I'll also try it. But not sure I will order on day one. I also have my older system (won't sell it on the used market before I see the new is better for my hobby). It will be exciting to see if anyone who prefer buy used is scared away by Intel's issues and instead go with the new one. We'll see. I won't sell the old if there is a shameful bid. Then I rather use it myself.

• Like 1
  • Bump 1

33 minutes ago, Talon said:

What game are you talking about? I’m waiting on these titles very very ANXIOUSLY. 

KDC2

Stalker 2.

Cant wait! 

• Thumb Up 3

13900KF

59 minutes ago, Talon said:

In the alpha version, the game draws up to nine times more data than if you were to stream Netflix in 4K

24 minutes ago, tps3443 said:

What game are you talking about? I’m waiting on these titles very very ANXIOUSLY. 

KDC2

Stalker 2.

Cant wait! 

That one.

• Thumb Up 1
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, tps3443 said:

KDC2

Stalker 2.

Cant wait! 

Me too, STALKER is my favorite series of games along HL, i played the crap out of them . Even it they had a ton of bugs, everything else was perfection (story, gameplay, graphics etc). I really hope 2 will be the same, it looks good and after  so many delays because of the war it looks like we are finally getting it.

• Thumb Up 4
  • Like 1

7950X3D| Zotac 4090 AMP Extreme Airo| MSI MPG B650 Edge Wifi| Lian Li Galahad 360 V2| 32GB Kingston Renegade RGBZ 6000|Kingston KC3000 2TB| Fury Renegade 2TB|Samsung 970 Evo 1TB| Lian Li O11 Dynamic Evo| Corsair HX1500i| Samsung Odyssey G9 Neo

Asus Zephyrus G15 (Ryzen 9 6900HS + RTX3080)

3 hours ago, cylix said:

Me too, STALKER is my favorite series of games along HL, i played the crap out of them . Even it they had a ton of bugs, everything else was perfection (story, gameplay, graphics etc). I really hope 2 will be the same, it looks good and after  so many delays because of the war it looks like we are finally getting it.

Yeah I can’t wait for this one. You know, we are waiting on another Metro game too. But apparently they are delayed since the war that’s happening in Ukraine. I read some where that the Devs of this game grabbed some AK’s and went out to go fighting in this war 🤣 and or they live in Ukraine. Not sure if this is true or not. It was a Reddit post after all. Stalker 2 is next month though. VERY SOON. I have been waiting for this one for a LONG time. 

• Thumb Up 2
  • Bump 1

13900KF