NotebookTalk

Official Clevo X170SM-G Thread

electrosoft

On 4/18/2024 at 4:54 AM, Bidelloman said:

it should be plug and play regardless. The issues which require modding are Gsync and Dynamic Boost, apparently by modding the .inf driver

Failed to execute?

Doesn't the forummate answer anyway?

I would be interested in the final result... 🤔

Is there a picture of the correct water Heatsink Thermal Pad Thickness Application for RTX 3080 GPU Card?

I found one that is a bit incomplete, but the real size would be important. Previously linked (Ali image) contains inappropriate markings. The question is, in the now shared image, what is the real mm thick in the nominated places?

x170km-g_t.pad-howthickmm-.jpg.7827fc6485078899d3ae4d00f5999f97.jpg

◄►Clevo® X170SM-G + AIO Water SystemWin10 & 11 x64 Pro "Dual Boot" System◄►+ Pioneer®BDR-209EBK + RaidSonic®ICY BOX IB-550STU3S►LG®OLED55C9PLA "4K" 120Hz G-Sync 1MS►HP®DeskJet GT 5820 (X3B09A)◄►*.*

Ah, my own 3080 just arrived, looks good on visual inspection, signs of wear appear on the memory chips' writings, some of them are faded.

Pity I cannot test the gpu because the heatsink I received was bent and thus unusable.

They also send you gpu cable and the big pad that sits under it

30 minutes ago, Bidelloman said:

Ah, my own 3080 just arrived, looks good on visual inspection, signs of wear appear on the memory chips' writings, some of them are faded.

Pity I cannot test the gpu because the heatsink I received was bent and thus unusable.

Glad to see another 3080 mobile upgrade in the works! Mine has the same wear on the memory and its fine. I think its just an effect of the thermal pad grease at normal operating temperatures. Your current GPU should look the same way.

My intial heatsink I ordered from RJTech / Sager was also bent upon arrival. I had to take many photos of the box and heatsink and they sent another out which arrived a week later that was actually double boxed and not bent. It was still faster than other options due to chinese new year going on at the time.

Clevo X170SM - 10900K, 32GB DDR4-2933 CL17, 4TB WD SN850X, RTX 3080 mobile, 17.3 inch FHD 144hz, System76 open source firmware, Windows 10 Pro 22H2

Clevo X370SNW - 13900HX, 64GB DDR5-5600 CL40, 4TB Samsung 990 Pro, RTX 4090 mobile, 17.3 inch UHD 144hz, System76 open source firmware, Windows 10 Pro 22H2

34 minutes ago, win32asmguy said:

Glad to see another 3080 mobile upgrade in the works! Mine has the same wear on the memory and its fine. I think its just an effect of the thermal pad grease at normal operating temperatures. Your current GPU should look the same way.

My intial heatsink I ordered from RJTech / Sager was also bent upon arrival. I had to take many photos of the box and heatsink and they sent another out which arrived a week later that was actually double boxed and not bent. It was still faster than other options due to chinese new year going on at the time.

indeed, i thought the same, my own 2080s also has similar wear on the memory chips.

i got it from amazon from a third party seller, and they said they won't have another heatsink ready for 40 days..if anyone has links for decent prices, I would appreciate the PMs. Mostly because I want to test the 3080 as I do not have a lot of time before I can send it back in case it does not work.

another weird thing is that the gpu is listed coming from the US, yet there's a label that says hong kong and an address there...k

3 hours ago, Bidelloman said:

I just ordered one.

I'll give it a try, I hope it works! 😄

• Bump 1

◄►Clevo® X170SM-G + AIO Water SystemWin10 & 11 x64 Pro "Dual Boot" System◄►+ Pioneer®BDR-209EBK + RaidSonic®ICY BOX IB-550STU3S►LG®OLED55C9PLA "4K" 120Hz G-Sync 1MS►HP®DeskJet GT 5820 (X3B09A)◄►*.*