NotebookTalk

Official Clevo X170KM-G Thread

electrosoft

@ViktorV Thanks bud, also the system is running great now as well thanks to you! i owe you a pint at some stage.

• Thumb Up 1

{Main System:} The Beast

Spoiler

{Cooling:} Corsair H170i Elite

{Mainboard:} Asrock X670E Pro

{CPU/GPU:} AMD Ryzen R9 7900x3D / AMD RX 7900 XTX (Asrock Phantom)

{RAM/Storage:} 2x 16GB DDR5 Corsair Vengeance 6400MT/s , 13TB WDD SN850X 2x4TB, 2x 2TB, 1x 1TB

{PSU/Case:} Corsair RM 1000x V2, Corsair 7000D Airflow (Black)

{OS:} Windows 11 Pro

Realtek Nahimic 3 Modded Driver for MSI Systems:Latest

In my computer I have a problem since I just bought it, with any BIOS version I tried (all official updates or XMG) and with any version of the Software Control Center (now I'm using v3.99).

When I activate the Overclocking mode in the BIOS, and then the related "CPU Overclocking" tile appears in the Software Control Center, random BSODs occur, even if I don't change any settings, so I don't apply any overclocking, but I keep everything by default.

The component causing the BSOD is CC30_BG.EXE.

If I disable the Overclocking function in the BIOS, and therefore the "CPU Overclocking" tile does NOT appear in the Control Center software, never any BSOD.

Is there any solution to be able to enable Overclocking in the BIOS without giving up the Control Center software, and without suffering random BSOD?

Thanks to the instructions of this Thread (by Viktor) I managed to unlock the BIOS and activate the XMP profile for the RAM, but in order to access this function in the BIOS I have to activate "Overclocking" in the BIOS.
If I activate Overclocking in BIOS, the Control Center software shows the "CPU Overclocking" tile, and here are the random BSODs 😑

Hi all, I've ordered a KM-G. My MSI died a few weeks ago (turned off and wouldn't turn back on). No replacements available while still in warranty so managed to get a full refund instead of store credit after heckling them. Was on the fence about the KM-G but decided to jump in while my local reseller still has stock (after having basically zero stock for all of 2022...). While it's being assembled, I've been doing some research and have some questions:

1. Any advantages/disadvantages to using W10 or W11? Any driver issues with either or does it not matter?
  2. The latest driver pack from my reseller is outdated (CCC 3.55 and so on). Is it worth grabbing XMG or another resellers' drivers instead or are newer drivers not needed? I just care about stability given some of the complaints I've read here and NBR over the years

Thanks and am glad I decided to go for it before they're gone forever. I was just reading on the XMG subreddit that the new 'XMG Ultra' will be BGA.

Metabox Prime-X (X170KM-G) | 17.3" 165Hz G-sync | 11900KF | 32GB DDR4 3200 | RTX 3080 16GB | 1TB 980 Pro

1 hour ago, Sniffy said:

Hi all, I've ordered a KM-G. My MSI died a few weeks ago (turned off and wouldn't turn back on). No replacements available while still in warranty so managed to get a full refund instead of store credit after heckling them. Was on the fence about the KM-G but decided to jump in while my local reseller still has stock (after having basically zero stock for all of 2022...). While it's being assembled, I've been doing some research and have some questions:

1. Any advantages/disadvantages to using W10 or W11? Any driver issues with either or does it not matter?
  2. The latest driver pack from my reseller is outdated (CCC 3.55 and so on). Is it worth grabbing XMG or another resellers' drivers instead or are newer drivers not needed? I just care about stability given some of the complaints I've read here and NBR over the years

Thanks and am glad I decided to go for it before they're gone forever. I was just reading on the XMG subreddit that the new 'XMG Ultra' will be BGA.

I have one year already XMG with 10900K 128GB Ram and Windows 10 . No any issues so far . Until now is rock solid . 

In the new version of the bios from Russian developers, the ability to reset the bios by removing the Cmos battery has been added. Added new microcodes and added the ability to allocate memory for iGPU.
We have also started work on the modification of the EC. First of all, we will fix the fan table and correct the logic of the laptop's behavior when working from a single power supply.thimage.png.8e066a0e3bfd8ad46c7b0141cfae66a8.pnge new version of the bios from Russian developers, the ability to reset the bios by removing the Cmos battery has been added. Added new microcodes and added the ability to allocate memory for iGPU. We have also started work on the modification of the EC. First of all, we will fix the fan table and correct the logic of the laptop's behavior when working from a single pow

• Thumb Up 5

3 minutes ago, Sergey Muratov said:

In the new version of the bios from Russian developers, the ability to reset the bios by removing the Cmos battery has been added. Added new microcodes and added the ability to allocate memory for iGPU.

Can't wait to be able to flash and test this. Hoping that it will allow me to use the 3200MT/s Corsair Vengeance ram as well. As currently trying to use them in X170KM results in a no post.

Hows the EC firmware, did they manage to fix the lock up issue due to corrupted data from the FAN app ?

Spoiler

{RAM/Storage:} 2x 16GB DDR5 Corsair Vengeance 6400MT/s , 13TB WDD SN850X 2x4TB, 2x 2TB, 1x 1TB

3 minutes ago, solidus1983 said:

Не могу дождаться, когда смогу прошить и протестировать это. Надеюсь, что это позволит мне также использовать оперативную память Corsair Vengeance со скоростью 3200 м / с. Поскольку в настоящее время попытка использовать их в X170KM приводит к отсутствию сообщения.

Как работает прошивка EC, удалось ли устранить проблему с блокировкой из-за поврежденных данных из приложения FAN?

The problem with unexpected system shutdowns has already been solved. In the future, we will optimize the logic of working with Control Center, as well as fix problems with optimizing toxedo control in linux.

• Thumb Up 5

3 minutes ago, Sergey Muratov said:

The problem with unexpected system shutdowns has already been solved. In the future, we will optimize the logic of working with Control Center, as well as fix problems with optimizing toxedo control in linux.

Glad to hear this.

• Like 1

Spoiler

4 hours ago, tennic said:

In my computer I have a problem since I just bought it, with any BIOS version I tried (all official updates or XMG) and with any version of the Software Control Center (now I'm using v3.99).

When I activate the Overclocking mode in the BIOS, and then the related "CPU Overclocking" tile appears in the Software Control Center, random BSODs occur, even if I don't change any settings, so I don't apply any overclocking, but I keep everything by default.

The component causing the BSOD is CC30_BG.EXE.

If I disable the Overclocking function in the BIOS, and therefore the "CPU Overclocking" tile does NOT appear in the Control Center software, never any BSOD.

Is there any solution to be able to enable Overclocking in the BIOS without giving up the Control Center software, and without suffering random BSOD?

Thanks to the instructions of this Thread (by Viktor) I managed to unlock the BIOS and activate the XMP profile for the RAM, but in order to access this function in the BIOS I have to activate "Overclocking" in the BIOS.
If I activate Overclocking in BIOS, the Control Center software shows the "CPU Overclocking" tile, and here are the random BSODs 😑

Hey if you unlocked your bios, try to turn on xmp profile 1 or 2

4 hours ago, Sniffy said:

Congrats! What config did you go with?

Electrosoft Prime: 7950X3D | MSI X670E Carbon  | MSI Suprim X Liquid 4090 | AC LF II 420 | G.Skill 6000 A-Die 2x32GB | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB | EVGA 1600w P2 | Phanteks Ethroo Pro | Alienware AW3225QF 32" OLED

Eurocom Raptor X15 | 12900k | Nvidia RTX 3070ti | 15.6" 1080p 240hz | Kingston 3200 32GB (2x16GB) | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB Heatsink Edition
Heath: i9-12900k | EVGA CLC 280 | Asus Strix Z690 D4 | Asus Strix 3080 | 32GB DDR4 2x16GB B-Die 4000  | WD Black SN850 512GB |  EVGA DG-77 | Samsung G7 32" 144hz 32"

MelMel:  (Retrofit currently in progress)

1 hour ago, Dezmoond0 said:

Ehi, se hai sbloccato il tuo bios, prova ad attivare il profilo xmp 1 o 2

It works perfectly, and the rams work at 3200 Mhz CL16.

However, the problem is related to the Control Center application.

In order to activate the XMP profile, the overclocking mode must be activated in the BIOS.

And when you activate the overclocking mode in the BIOS, the Control Center application shows the tile "CPU Overclocking", and by chance, fortunately rarely, a BSOD occurs 😔(related to the executable "CC30_BG.EXE").

This happens to me with any BIOS version I've tried (and since I bought the computer I've tried them all), and with any version of the Control Center (now I'm using v3.99).
Of course, even with the locked BIOS (I unlocked it only a month ago).
And I've never overclocked anything, just turning overclocking mode on causes BSOD, even if you don't actually change any frequency or setting.

11 hours ago, ymsv said:

I have one year already XMG with 10900K 128GB Ram and Windows 10 . No any issues so far . Until now is rock solid . 

Glad to hear it. I don't hate W11 but prefer W10 overall (except for the constant nagging). What version of CCC are you running? I might try replicate seeing as you've had no issues.

8 hours ago, electrosoft said:

Congrats! What config did you go with?

Thanks! Am excited - it is now in production and due for dispatch early next week. Metabox have been really good in the past so glad to support them again. Config (currency is AUD):

image.png.810a56a0082963552ba23d7d99d3a27f.png

• Bump 1

Metabox Prime-X (X170KM-G) | 17.3" 165Hz G-sync | 11900KF | 32GB DDR4 3200 | RTX 3080 16GB | 1TB 980 Pro

7 hours ago, Sniffy said:

Glad to hear it. I don't hate W11 but prefer W10 overall (except for the constant nagging). What version of CCC are you running? I might try replicate seeing as you've had no issues.

Thanks! Am excited - it is now in production and due for dispatch early next week. Metabox have been really good in the past so glad to support them again. Config (currency is AUD):

Presently 3.36 ( which is the one in the original drivers package ) due to Windows reinstall . It works without problems also with the 3.98 . Ram is Samsung 3200 ( the one of the suggested in their site ) but is " untouched " . Bios is not the latest one ( which is reducing maximum temperature to 95 Deg Cel ) , simply because I prefer not to touch it if it works .  

As for Windows 11 , for me ( in my opinion ) it is still to early to use it . There is plenty of time until Windows 10 support will be stopped , so probably I will start using Windows 11 when I change that laptop . 

4 hours ago, ymsv said:

Presently 3.36 ( which is the one in the original drivers package ) due to Windows reinstall . It works without problems also with the 3.98 . Ram is Samsung 3200 ( the one of the suggested in their site ) but is " untouched " . Bios is not the latest one ( which is reducing maximum temperature to 95 Deg Cel ) , simply because I prefer not to touch it if it works .  

As for Windows 11 , for me ( in my opinion ) it is still to early to use it . There is plenty of time until Windows 10 support will be stopped , so probably I will start using Windows 11 when I change that laptop . 

Thanks. I think I'll start with Win 10 and the default drivers and see how it's working. I expect I'll get a newer BIOS and EC firmware anyway.

2 hours ago, Sniffy said:

Thanks. I think I'll start with Win 10 and the default drivers and see how it's working. I expect I'll get a newer BIOS and EC firmware anyway.

Just to not have a misunderstanding , all I write is applying to XMG Ultra . I do not know how it is with the other vendors . 

On 1/22/2023 at 5:26 PM, Sergey Muratov said:

How is that possible? Clevo don't find the issue and you solved it. Unbelievable!

I'm looking forward to see the final result, because i'm struggeling with uncontrolled shutdowns since two years...

Clevo X170KM-G // BIOS Clevo 1.07.08 // EC 1.07.04
Intel Core i9-11900K with Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut Extreme
64GB (2x32GB) Patriot 3200Mhz DDR4
Nvidia RTX 3080 Laptop 16GB with Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut Extreme
17.3" UHD 4k 60Hz display (calibrated full AdobeRGB)
System Win11: 2TB Samsung Pro 980 NVMe SSD
System Win10: 2TB Kingston KC3000 NVMe SSD
Data: 2TB Samsung Evo 970 NVMe SSD
VMware: 1TB Samsung 980 NVMe SSD

On 1/22/2023 at 9:18 PM, Sniffy said:

Yeah that's a nice, beastly config. With all the BIOS refinements (especially from XMG) and a new unlocked BIOS in the works from @Sergey Muratov and company the future is bright! Good time to get in on the action. 🙂

Electrosoft Prime: 7950X3D | MSI X670E Carbon  | MSI Suprim X Liquid 4090 | AC LF II 420 | G.Skill 6000 A-Die 2x32GB | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB | EVGA 1600w P2 | Phanteks Ethroo Pro | Alienware AW3225QF 32" OLED

Eurocom Raptor X15 | 12900k | Nvidia RTX 3070ti | 15.6" 1080p 240hz | Kingston 3200 32GB (2x16GB) | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB Heatsink Edition
Heath: i9-12900k | EVGA CLC 280 | Asus Strix Z690 D4 | Asus Strix 3080 | 32GB DDR4 2x16GB B-Die 4000  | WD Black SN850 512GB |  EVGA DG-77 | Samsung G7 32" 144hz 32"

MelMel:  (Retrofit currently in progress)

What shows Samsung Magician? Firmware update available?

Clevo X170KM-G // BIOS Clevo 1.07.08 // EC 1.07.04
Intel Core i9-11900K with Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut Extreme
64GB (2x32GB) Patriot 3200Mhz DDR4
Nvidia RTX 3080 Laptop 16GB with Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut Extreme
17.3" UHD 4k 60Hz display (calibrated full AdobeRGB)
System Win11: 2TB Samsung Pro 980 NVMe SSD
System Win10: 2TB Kingston KC3000 NVMe SSD
Data: 2TB Samsung Evo 970 NVMe SSD
VMware: 1TB Samsung 980 NVMe SSD

It was showing the same results as HWiNFO and CrystalDiskInfo . Before to remove Samsung Magician ( it was messing with the Windows Power plan for unknown reason , as well also keeping a bit higher drives temperatures ) there was no any firmware update . 

On 1/26/2023 at 9:23 AM, ymsv said:

So , some problems with my Samsung 990 Pro , which is new and used as a system drive . Indicated Drive Remaining Life is going down for an unknown reason . 

image.thumb.png.5494cb5cb451f7bd148b2c4a5bb3ea6b.png

It turns out , it is not only me . 

https://www.neowin.net/news/samsung-refusing-to-acknowledge-and-replace-990-pro-ssd-rapid-health-drops/ 

https://www.tomshardware.com/news/samsung-990-pro-health-dropping-fast

• Thumb Up 1

10 minutes ago, Katza said:

Thank you . I read already most of the threads about the issue . Unfortunately until now , no any information about that from Samsung . If there is no information about the possible solution from them in the next 7 - 10 days , probably I will return the drive . 

One reason why Samsung SSD's haven't touched my X170KM. When a X400 Sandisk still showing 90+% after years (5 years) of abuse with not just TB written and read but also unsuspecting power offs, then comparing my experience with Samsung dad's that we'll have health report issues and failures EVO 840 the OEM AHCI Samsung SSD's it's why I have gone all out Western Digital (SanDisk).

The RMA with Samsung was painful as people are experiencing with the 990 Pro issue.

Spoiler

13 hours ago, solidus1983 said:

One reason why Samsung SSD's haven't touched my X170KM. When a X400 Sandisk still showing 90+% after years (5 years) of abuse with not just TB written and read but also unsuspecting power offs, then comparing my experience with Samsung dad's that we'll have health report issues and failures EVO 840 the OEM AHCI Samsung SSD's it's why I have gone all out Western Digital (SanDisk).

The RMA with Samsung was painful as people are experiencing with the 990 Pro issue.

I've never had problems with them before, but this issue with the 990 and their response is a worry. I usually buy them because I know they've been reliable in the past, but performance wise there are lots of other options these days. 

On 1/25/2023 at 5:54 AM, electrosoft said:

Yeah that's a nice, beastly config. With all the BIOS refinements (especially from XMG) and a new unlocked BIOS in the works from @Sergey Muratov and company the future is bright! Good time to get in on the action. 🙂

My only semi-regret is not going 64GB RAM, but the price on 2x16GB sticks at 3200 was so good, would have costed a lot to go to 64GB even at 2666. But I can do that myself in the future.

On 1/22/2023 at 11:20 AM, solidus1983 said:

Can't wait to be able to flash and test this. Hoping that it will allow me to use the 3200MT/s Corsair Vengeance ram as well. As currently trying to use them in X170KM results in a no post.

Hows the EC firmware, did they manage to fix the lock up issue due to corrupted data from the FAN app ?

I have an Origin Laptop EON17-X (which is basically a Clevo X170KM-G model) with Insyde BIOS

The Kingston Fury 64GB (2x32) works with XMP 2.0

The Crucial 64 GB (2x32) works but does not have XMP etc.

Maybe this is useful to other X170KM-G users etc. 

Insyde BIOS (ORIGIN).jpg

Kingston Memory (ORIGIN).jpg

Crucial Memory (ORIGIN).jpg