NotebookTalk

post your climate temps.

raptorddd

3 hours ago, raptorddd said:

very nice temps.. today we had 35c but felt like 45c.. and call me paranoid but i do still wear a mask.  as i got to go near the hospital and meet people coming from there. my mom work out there on the street in a tent she sells clothing. and i got to go and pick everything up. so hot i have to wear long sleeves.  actually what triggers my anxieety is hot weather. makes me feel uncomfortable and anxious. but seems that am doing better.. i remember 2 years ago i was wearing shorts and t shirt. drinking water with ice. 

You are not being paranoid at all.  Do whatever makes you feel safe.  I took mine off as we have a smaller population here.  I can see how heat triggers anxiety. I was out in the evening, my core temps are still up (maybe due to the beer I was drinking as well), but I don't feel good today.   Stay safe and happy!

• Thumb Up 1

Workstation - Dell XPS 8940 - desktop creative powerhouse

Mobile Workstation - Dell inspiron 5406 2 in 1 - mobile creative beast

Wifey's Notebook - Dell inspiron 3169 - Little gem for our businesses

Im in southern Japan. 32C now with sun going down. 24C when I got up this morning at 6am

The heat I can tolerate...but the humidity is a nasty pasty  :classic_sad:

• Thumb Up 3

Thunderchild // Lenovo Legion Y740 17" i7-9750H rtx2080maxQ win10 

RainBird // Alienware 17 (Ranger) i7-4910mq gtx860m win10LTSC

8 hours ago, kojack said:

You are not being paranoid at all.  Do whatever makes you feel safe.  I took mine off as we have a smaller population here.  I can see how heat triggers anxiety. I was out in the evening, my core temps are still up (maybe due to the beer I was drinking as well), but I don't feel good today.   Stay safe and happy!

well my dad is about to be 89 so i do it for him. i do monitor deaths and new cases once in a while it seems to be very very low. am not also sure if its accurate.

i used to drink very little am not a good drinker 1 can and am drunk. ive stop because  i find it that drunk would be harder to control anxiety. havent drink since like 4-5 years ago.

• Bump 1

dell precision m4600

i7 2760QM

8GB ram

MX500 crucial SSD 500GB.

win 10 21H2

6 hours ago, Eban said:

Im in southern Japan. 32C now with sun going down. 24C when I got up this morning at 6am

The heat I can tolerate...but the humidity is a nasty pasty  :classic_sad:

same humidity here is the worst thing. you sit down and are sweating. you shower by the time you get to your room you are sweaty. this is the only thing i dislike about my place the hot weather and sweating..

• Thumb Up 1
  • Sad 1

dell precision m4600

i7 2760QM

8GB ram

MX500 crucial SSD 500GB.

win 10 21H2

I take it its not the happy thread, these warm temps are really worrisome. we are up to 38c in a few days, not as hot as you guys but terrible weather to go outside in, im thinking of moving up north before the great migration

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled

7 hours ago, ryan said:

I take it its not the happy thread, these warm temps are really worrisome. we are up to 38c in a few days, not as hot as you guys but terrible weather to go outside in, im thinking of moving up north before the great migration

You are going to have to go WAY north...or better yet, south.  I am fairly north in a "temperate" climate.  I guess temperate means G/D HOT now.  42deg here yesterday.  I had a house in florida for 14 years and never felt it as hot as it was here yesterday. We used to go to the house in the summer too as we liked the area without the winter tourists. 

• Thumb Up 1
  • Sad 2

On 7/18/2023 at 7:31 AM, raptorddd said:

canada has fires right now i think not sure if it was canada..

i think about the same myself. what would happen how things will be by then. i also think what if we didnt have electricity and no water

then wed have to do in person meet ups or converse by snail mail for our forum threads 😅

• Thumb Up 1
  • Haha 2

Mine: Hyperion "Titan God of Heat, Heavenly Light, Power" (2022-24)
AMD Ryzen 9 7950X (custom TG IHS) / Asus ROG Crosshair X670E Extreme / MSI Geforce RTX 4090 Suprim X / Teamgroup T-Force Delta RGB DDR5-8200 2x24 GB / Seagate Firecuda 530 4 TB / 5x Samsung 860 Evo 4 TB / Arctic Liquid Freezer II 420 (Push/Pull 6x Noctua NF-A14 IndustrialPPC-3000 intake) / Seasonic TX-1600 W Titanium / Phanteks Enthoo Pro 2 TG (3x Arctic P12 A-RGB intake / 4x Arctic P14 A-RGB exhaust / 1x Arctic P14 A-RGB RAM cooling) / Samsung Odyssey Neo G8 32" 4K 240 Hz / Ducky One 3 Daybreak Fullsize Cherry MX Brown / Corsair M65 Ultra RGB / PDP Afterglow Wave Black

My Lady's: Clevo NH55JNNQ "Alfred" (2022-24)
Sharp LQ156M1JW03 FHD matte 15.6" IGZO 8 bit @248 Hz / Intel Core i5 12600 / Nvidia Geforce RTX 3070 Ti / Mushkin Redline DDR4-3200 2x32 GB / Samsung 970 Pro 1 TB / Samsung 870 QVO 8 TB / Intel AX201 WIFI 6+BT 5.2 / Win 11 Pro Phoenix Lite OS / 230 W PSU powered by Prema Mod!

We, here in Newfoundland have an abundance of water right now...Maybe different in the future, but it does rain ALOT here. Just hasn't in the past 2 weeks and it's HOT AS F....BRUTAL!  It's a little more bearable today with the lower humidity today.  It was sticky this morning, but now at 1:50pm it's drying up in the air a bit.  Still 32 deg here right now. 

• Thumb Up 1
  • Sad 1

On 7/18/2023 at 1:14 PM, raptorddd said:

same humidity here is the worst thing. you sit down and are sweating. you shower by the time you get to your room you are sweaty. this is the only thing i dislike about my place the hot weather and sweating..

That our summers every year. The humidity makes it worst especially at night and then days later we get severe storms every time a cold front passes through. Gotta keep yourself hydrated when going outside. Might have to buy some sunscreen too to protect yourself from the hot sun.

• Thumb Up 1
  • Bump 1

Current Laptop:

Lenovo Legion 5: AMD Ryzen 7 4800H 2.8Ghz (Boost: 4.2Ghz), 6GB Nvidia Geforce GTX 1660Ti GDDR6 Memory, 15.6" FHD (1920 x 1080) 144Hz IPS display, 32GB 3200MHz DDR4 memory, 512GB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD, 1 TB Teamgroup MP34 M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD, Windows 10 Home 22H2

45C in good old Dallas, TX. At least that's what my car says while driving home from work.

Feels like....100C haha

• Thumb Up 2

PowerSpec 1720 (PB70EF-G) | i7-8750H | 32GB 3000MHz DDR4 | RTX 2070 8GB 115W | 144Hz G-SYNC 

Spoiler

-163 mV core & cache | 15-18-18-36 1T @ 1.35V | 1905MHz @ .975mV & 1950MHz GDDR6
Disabled: TVB, VMX Stress, RDB, HDC
Tuned with: ThrottleStop, MSi Afterburner | TIM: SYY 157

wltgj7-2.png

Insyde H2OUVE BIOS Unlock | CB R20 - 3172 | CB R23 - 8164/1105 | CPU Prof. Max - 4702

9 hours ago, User said:

45C in good old Dallas, TX. At least that's what my car says while driving home from work.

Feels like....100C haha

Yeah, It's bad enough that we get it for a few days up here.  You guys get it for months on end...ewwww. I hate snow but the cold is fine!  ha ha. 

So, we are in a place where tornados were never a thing. Yesterday, there were 3 spotting of them.  Seriously people...we are EFF'ed. 

• Sad 1

On 7/21/2023 at 1:17 AM, kojack said:

So, we are in a place where tornados were never a thing. Yesterday, there were 3 spotting of them.  Seriously people...we are EFF'ed. 

climate change related.? in mexico there was a sand storm. not sure but seems i had never happened before.

• Sad 1

dell precision m4600

i7 2760QM

8GB ram

MX500 crucial SSD 500GB.

win 10 21H2

funny how everything hitting all at once. extreme heat/wind/torrential downpours/AI robots, whats next asteroid..

im going to church next sunday

not religious but im thinking I messed up

[2] For yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so cometh as a thief in the night. [3] For when they shall say, Peace and safety; then sudden destruction cometh upon them, as travail upon a woman with child; and they shall not escape.

go figure, I left church as a kid and thought, this is silly. now older and somewhat wiser. alot of the things that are taught in churches seem to be coming true, and I don't think anyone expected kinda like a thief in the night, I thought of this scripture and it hit hard. whoops

• Thumb Up 2

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled

yeah I just looked up some info, and it looks like europe will be getting an anticyclone bringing temps well above 45c. yikes. I feel so dumb, told the truth and rejected it.

• Thumb Up 1
  • Bump 1

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled

I don't know how you guys can stand the heat, I went to the store in 36c weather and it felt like i crawled into an oven. uncomfortable and dangerous heat. when will people wake up and relize this heat can cause stroke and ultimately death and that we are fortunate to have AC units. I bet if I walked to the store after about 30 min in the heat I would collapse.

• Thumb Up 1

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled

Maybe stillsuits will eventually become a thing, for now folks living in Africa have to put up with heat like that and worse (50C) on a regular basis without them. Not sure what their lifespans look like though.

"We're rushing towards a cliff, but the closer we get, the more scenic the views are."

-- Max Tegmark

AI: Major Emerging Existential Threat To Humanity

they are not exposed to 50c on a regular basis to what ive looked up, i know its semantics but do you have a modern day source? would be interesting to see what certain people experience in the  continent  africa.

found this on a science site

Extreme heat shocks are increasingly linked to poor economic and health outcomes. This paper constructs hour-degree bins of temperature exposure to assess the effects of extreme heat on early child nutrition, a health outcome correlated with educational attainment and income in adulthood. Linking 15 rounds of repeated cross-section data from five West African countries to geo-coded weather data, we find that extreme heat exposure increases the prevalence of both chronic and acute malnutrition. We find that a 2 °C rise in temperature will increase the prevalence of stunting by 7.4 percentage points, reversing the progress made on improving nutrition during our study period.

source:

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0095069622000626

so yes your correct the temps these poor souls are experiencing are having a profound impact on health and well being. its not like the go out and play when its 50c, 50c isn't common after looking up temperature extremes in africa, and it varies as africa is a big continent.

here it talks about how temperatures are linked in some way to 290 000 deaths

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5773242/

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled

On 7/23/2023 at 4:36 PM, ryan said:

funny how everything hitting all at once. extreme heat/wind/torrential downpours/AI robots, whats next asteroid..

im going to church next sunday

not religious but im thinking I messed up

[2] For yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so cometh as a thief in the night. [3] For when they shall say, Peace and safety; then sudden destruction cometh upon them, as travail upon a woman with child; and they shall not escape.

go figure, I left church as a kid and thought, this is silly. now older and somewhat wiser. alot of the things that are taught in churches seem to be coming true, and I don't think anyone expected kinda like a thief in the night, I thought of this scripture and it hit hard. whoops

aaaand aliens are welcomed and reavealed to the world of their existance... now what

dell precision m4600

i7 2760QM

8GB ram

MX500 crucial SSD 500GB.

win 10 21H2

On 7/24/2023 at 2:43 PM, ryan said:

I don't know how you guys can stand the heat, I went to the store in 36c weather and it felt like i crawled into an oven. uncomfortable and dangerous heat. when will people wake up and relize this heat can cause stroke and ultimately death and that we are fortunate to have AC units. I bet if I walked to the store after about 30 min in the heat I would collapse.

i guess your body will  adapt to climate.

• Thumb Up 1

dell precision m4600

i7 2760QM

8GB ram

MX500 crucial SSD 500GB.

win 10 21H2