NotebookTalk

StarField!! Anyone else excited

cylix

not a 1000x better lol

however to throw it into perspective iv'e played for 9 hours and only done like 3 missions out of 100 plus. enjoying a game is usually subjective, its not a flop the way fallout 79 was but its also not the game we were promised. I get why its recieving backlash i get that, but for what its worth its still a good not great game by the masses standards

• Thumb Up 1

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled

yes, I don't understand why witcher 3 and rdr2 did not hold my attention and this does, I find it addicting mining on random planets and exploring even though it looks about as good as skyrim from 2011. nearly 12 years. really though

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled

9 hours ago, ryan said:

apples to oranges.

starfield is 1000x bigger

Its not, the thing is RDR2 is a masterpiece that is manually crafted to the last finest detail and Crapfield is 90% procedural empty worlds with invisible walls and bad gameplay mechanics.😀

If you like mining and exploring play No mans Land, its 1000x better at this as Crapfield. There you can at least fly seamless from planet to planet.

7950X3D| Zotac 4090 AMP Extreme Airo| MSI MPG B650 Edge Wifi| Lian Li Galahad 360 V2| 32GB Kingston Renegade RGBZ 6000|Kingston KC3000 2TB| Fury Renegade 2TB|Samsung 970 Evo 1TB| Lian Li O11 Dynamic Evo| Corsair HX1500i| Samsung Odyssey G9 Neo

Asus Zephyrus G15 (Ryzen 9 6900HS + RTX3080)

yeah I figure i like it because ive yet to see the competition in depth. lol don't ruin it for me im enjoying it lol..im on a roll it would be awesome for my mental health to get back to reading and playing story driven rgps

ign thinks its a stinker and thats that got really bad reviews

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled

Than you should really play RDR2, that story is like an Oscar Movie, im kidding you not, its that good.

7950X3D| Zotac 4090 AMP Extreme Airo| MSI MPG B650 Edge Wifi| Lian Li Galahad 360 V2| 32GB Kingston Renegade RGBZ 6000|Kingston KC3000 2TB| Fury Renegade 2TB|Samsung 970 Evo 1TB| Lian Li O11 Dynamic Evo| Corsair HX1500i| Samsung Odyssey G9 Neo

Asus Zephyrus G15 (Ryzen 9 6900HS + RTX3080)

jesus bro...alright ill listen to you....dont let me down RDR2

I like GTA V and to this day am blown away, rockstar does stand out. ok im going to boot it up I downloaded it yesterday

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled

I don't know... I've been mad at this at first but in all honesty I'm enjoying it a lot. I'm about 13 hours in and for the last few, I've been on the Terrormorph questline and it's quite interesting.

For my spaceship flying craving, I'll probably fire up Star Citizen eventually but after Starfield, that will feel sooo empty.

Maybe NMS is a good idea also, but compared to this and SC, NMS may be too "cartoony" for me.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ryan said:

jesus bro...alright ill listen to you....dont let me down RDR2

I like GTA V and to this day am blown away, rockstar does stand out. ok im going to boot it up I downloaded it yesterday

Just a warning, RDR2 is really slow paced. All the animations and stuff are slow, looting bodies ect takes ages. 

The game is good but the slow pace of it took me a while to ignore.

• Sad 1

alot of people are liking starfield. alot more than I thought, its all where you look, if you are looking for negatives you will find it but read the youtube comments below

I spent 25k to hook up a grav drive to save those people who's ship launched from Earth 200 years ago. I loved the concept of that mission so much, that I wanted to save them. I forget what it's called, but this is a very real dilemma.

@heyheywhadyasay2640
Initially I was bummed at the lack of choice in dialogue and questlines, but as I've gotten further along that's surprisingly opened up more than I thought it would, which is nice. I've been enjoying it so far.

@ezzyy1147
I've had a blast these past days with Starfield. I have played it for almost 3 days and I'm currently lvl 30. The game features tons of content with all the different planets, quests, skills with skill upgrades, ship and outpost customizations, and just pure shooting and looting. Not many games have this type of content at release and I can see myself playing this game until I have unlocked every skill there is (which is gonna take a long long time). However, game studios like bethesda still have to improve delivering an experience at launch that is optimized for most modern gaming PCs (I play on PC). A game like Starfield that is full of loading screens for every planet, cave, and large buildings, you would expect a smooth gaming experience with a $3000 gaming PC, but I'm still often getting like down to 40 fps (I have a 3080, i9-12900k) in some locations and to reach an average of 100 fps in this game, you need a 4090 which is just wild. Also, what single player FPS doesn't have a FOV slider in 2023. I changed my FOV in the files of the game, but still. It should be in the settings lol.

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled

I've also been enjoying it. I don't really care what others are saying negatively, just going to keep playing it till I get bored of it.

• Thumb Up 2
  • Like 1

[Draupnir] 5600X | EVGA 3080 | Asus B550-I Strix | 32GB 3600@CL16 2C/2R | 2 x WD SN750 | NZXT H1 V2 | Custom back panel with 2x140mm | Win 11 Pro

[Sleipnir] MacBook Pro 16 | M1 Max | 32GB | 1TB

[Munnin] LG Gram 17 | i7-8565U | 16GB | 2 x 512GB SSD | Fedora 38

don't play it bro/

i dont like onions but you dont hear me ranting in off topic about how bad onions are. i just dont touch them lol..yeesh

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled

Now I do have to give this one to him... the whole ship building mechanic is really stupid considering ships are kinda pointless without atmospheric flight and actually landing/taking off/docking etc... ship flying in the game to me is just a glorified loading screen. And space combat is not great either.

• Confused 1

?it's similar to almost every single game that does space dogfights? I don't understand if you play on a chess board thats red and white and love the game of chess, when the board is black and white you hate the game? just using simple logic but yeah it's funny how unlikely all this is but yes agreed the space bits are not the greatest feels like your on a water swivel. not particularly thrilling, one other downside is why do they make 1 out of 10 bullets a hit in rpgs? like why change the FPS formula..maybe im missing something.

what settings are you guys using and at what resolution and GPU

heres mine:

Screenshot-31.png
Screenshot-30.png

25-32fps hovers consistantly at 29-30fps fluid enough to play. for 60fps I have to drop from ultra 4k to 1080p low. pretty big gap in IQ for the small gain in framerates hopefully an update comes out.

dlss mod of course. I had issues getting it working with XBOX version but after a little research its working well it got rid of the blurry look and shimmering and looks really good

also heres the performance im getting out of my 3060 and what you can expect with benchmarks equal or higher

Screenshot-32.png

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled

On 9/8/2023 at 4:54 AM, ratchetnclank said:

Just a warning, RDR2 is really slow paced. All the animations and stuff are slow, looting bodies ect takes ages. 

The game is good but the slow pace of it took me a while to ignore.

This^

Also game is pretty long not only the main missions but it has a lot of side missions as well. Its still a great game though.

Current Laptop:

Lenovo Legion 5: AMD Ryzen 7 4800H 2.8Ghz (Boost: 4.2Ghz), 6GB Nvidia Geforce GTX 1660Ti GDDR6 Memory, 15.6" FHD (1920 x 1080) 144Hz IPS display, 32GB 3200MHz DDR4 memory, 512GB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD, 1 TB Teamgroup MP34 M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD, Windows 10 Home 22H2

I downloaded it but havent been able to push myself to play it or SF yet, been 3 days. I think ill wrap SF eventually then tackle rdr2, simply put too many people are recommending RDR2

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled

3 hours ago, ryan said:

I downloaded it but havent been able to push myself to play it or SF yet

Wait, so you mean you haven't tried Starfield at all yet?

I'm about 20 hours in and I just finished the Terrormorph quest line. I'd say it was a solid 7 out of 10 for this particular story. It could've been easily the mail theme of the game. A bit sad it ended so suddenly and revealing all...

Overall not bored of the game yet and it's not repetitive but we'll see down the line. Not sure what I'll do next, either clean up the now huge active quest log or do a few main missions... oh yeah, I need to do Sarah too. Got her tagging along all the way and now we're one happy family, just need to finish her quest. Sad that there's no "spicy" cut-scene like Mass Effect or CP2077 had.

Some of the side story quest-lines are really interesting and fun. The two more significant ones I ran into so far were quite varied and unexpectedly long/involved: the whole Terrormorph attack thing and now the UC sent me undercover to infiltrate a pirate fleet.

A bit surprised as usually side quests don't draw me in this much, I just want to go ahead and see the main story but it's not the case here. Let's see how long it lasts.

• Thumb Up 1

I thought that was part of the main quest, hey I could be wrong I took those missions also. The pirate one was challenging at first but after like 40 deaths I plugged through it felt rewarding progressing. I still want to know about the artifacts what the hell are they anyways. what do they do and where did they come from. I really enjoy the game but have not played it in like 4 days I will play some more later on today/tonight. looking forward to it./

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled