NotebookTalk

StarField!! Anyone else excited

cylix

Yeah I'm not sure but I think your right...have you wrapped the game yet? I'm still only 10 hours in. I think it's the perfect balance of exploring rpg and fps..really sucks you in

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled

My brother completed the main quest line now, said took him around 100h w/o spending too much time on side quests, etc.

Not too bad if true. But I have to admit, my first though was "was half of that time spent in loading screens?" :classic_laugh:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

GitHub

Currently and formerly owned laptops (specs below):

Serenity                    -> Dell Precision 5560
N-1                             -> Dell Precision 5560 (my lady's)

Razor Crest              -> Lenovo ThinkPad P16 (work)
Millenium Falcon    -> Dell Precision 5530 (work)
Axiom                        -> Lenovo ThinkPad P52 (work)
Moldy Crow             -> Dell XPS 15 9550

Spoiler

Senenity / N-1: Dell Precision 5560
    i7-11800H CPU
    1x32 GB DDR4 2,666 MHz
    512 GB SSD
    NVIDIA T1200
    FHD+ 1920x1200
    PopOS 22.04

Millenium Falcon: Dell Precision 5530
    i9-8950HK CPU
    2x16 GB DDR4 2,666 MHz
    1 TB SSD
    NVIDIA Quadro P2000
    UHD 3840x2160
    Ubuntu 22.04 / Windows 10 LTSC

5 hours ago, serpro69 said:

was half of that time spent in loading screens?

😆 started the day with a good chuckle on this one.

I mean, you're not wrong, if you see a door or an elevator, you can be sure it's a loading screen. Shame they stuck to an old mostly incapable engine for what this game was supposed to be.

On the other hand, we're not there yet, I don't think we can realistically make a real open world space game. I keep comparing it to Star Citizen because in my head that's what Starfield should have looked like... but they're running into a bazillion brick walls with their completely open star systems. It's still cool though: elevators actually move in the game and take you to wherever they go, you can fly your ship wherever you want on planets. You can even see other players jumping into warp from across the planet if you're lucky...

• Bump 1

Definitely gets better when you get out into traveling systems. I feel like I still haven't scratched the surface yet. Some of the most fun things are some of the side stuff or finding something just landing on a random planet. The ship traveling and combat isn't too bad it's pretty conveniently implemented without too much fuss. The part I'm a little annoyed with is cargo, guess I'm going to have to break down and build a base or something I usually don't really want to get into building things. I'll see how it goes. I basically just did the bare minimum in FO4 just to get the network going for resources to repair/upgrade power armor.  I feel like I'll probably have to build a base to upgrade my stuff and store resources. 

As far as the loading screens, when a load happens it seems to go really quickly not too much of a bother.

• Thumb Up 1

[Draupnir] 5600X | EVGA 3080 | Asus B550-I Strix | 32GB 3600@CL16 2C/2R | 2 x WD SN750 | NZXT H1 V2 | Custom back panel with 2x140mm | Win 11 Pro

[Sleipnir] MacBook Pro 16 | M1 Max | 32GB | 1TB

[Munnin] LG Gram 17 | i7-8565U | 16GB | 2 x 512GB SSD | Fedora 38

11 hours ago, cucubits said:

Quests pay a lot and for now I haven't found any real reason to hoard money.

Oh, that's good to hear. All the Bethesda games I've played - I just couldn't help but hoard stuff :classic_laugh:

• Thumb Up 1

GitHub

Currently and formerly owned laptops (specs below):

Serenity                    -> Dell Precision 5560
N-1                             -> Dell Precision 5560 (my lady's)

Razor Crest              -> Lenovo ThinkPad P16 (work)
Millenium Falcon    -> Dell Precision 5530 (work)
Axiom                        -> Lenovo ThinkPad P52 (work)
Moldy Crow             -> Dell XPS 15 9550

Spoiler

Senenity / N-1: Dell Precision 5560
    i7-11800H CPU
    1x32 GB DDR4 2,666 MHz
    512 GB SSD
    NVIDIA T1200
    FHD+ 1920x1200
    PopOS 22.04

Millenium Falcon: Dell Precision 5530
    i9-8950HK CPU
    2x16 GB DDR4 2,666 MHz
    1 TB SSD
    NVIDIA Quadro P2000
    UHD 3840x2160
    Ubuntu 22.04 / Windows 10 LTSC

I'm just happy we have another good game to play that disrupts everyday monotony. I think the side missions are good enough to trade blows with main missions. I really enjoyed the pirate mission at the beginning still don't know if was just a side mission..don't know and Don't care..it was that good

• Thumb Up 1

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled

25 minutes ago, ryan said:

I'm just happy we have another good game to play that disrupts everyday monotony. I think the side missions are good enough to trade blows with main missions. I really enjoyed the pirate mission at the beginning still don't know if was just a side mission..don't know and Don't care..it was that good

I'm still not done with the pirate mission, to be honest I think I'm starting to like them more than the UC guys who sent me in. I'm turning 😆

I think I'm close though, I just found the thing they were looking for all along... not going to say what to not spoil it.

• Thumb Up 2

Just fired it up again. Looking for parts for my robot lol

I took a week off at NASA(cleaning technician) to play this game so here we go...lets go. I can now run it on low no scaling 4k..heck yes

Screenshot-35.png

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled

hahaha.

Yes this one time their was gum under a desk and i had the honors of removing it with a scraper. very interesting work I do. all kidding aside i'd be a nasa cleaner if I could, on a  happy note it looks like JWST is shooting back some pretty breathtaking images so in the end it was more than hype. back on topic I uninstalled starfield after being so incredibly frustrated with the terramorph mission, i collected all the guns but it was like 200 shots to lower its health a tiny bit and figured it was not possible to kill it even with 3000 bullets. very annoyed with that game, any pointers? i might reinstall it and try to get better weapons.

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled

On 9/20/2023 at 4:15 PM, ryan said:

frustrated with the terramorph mission

Wait wait wait, which part of the whole Terrormorph questline are you talking about? The very first section where you have to face a single one alone?

If yes, that is supposed to be done with minimal gunfight from your part. Load an earlier save and listen to everything the girl tells you. Ignore the Terrormorph at first and focus on powering the things up, then make it chase you to one of those lighted corridors.

13 minutes ago, ryan said:

The terrormorph mission when you just get kaiser and the planet covered in snow hard to describe without spoilers

Oh that... well, I think then you may need to do some more side missions. Or find better guns. I didn't feel at all that mission as being too difficult. I did also let Kaiser do most of the work and I just jumped around when baddies came too close to me. I wasn't the main damage dealer.

One more, I also had Sarah with me and I had given her a really good gun. Give her the best gun you have, with the highest fire rate and you only need to give her 1 bullet. She then fires indefinitely.

I don't think I bought any guns, I'm using what I pick up and has the most damage and I have the most ammo for. I keep switching. I do like pistols so I maxed out that skill and I'm currently using a tiny handgun for everything (about 70dmg). I'm level 22 right now.

On another note, I want to replay (yet again, I think the 7th time the Deus Ex games). Sam Coe in Starfield has the same voice actor that did Adam Jensen. I absolutely love that voice and I can't not think of Deus Ex every single time he opens his mouth 😆

😆 just beat the first mission..just met Sam Coe.. had no idea I was so little into the game..about 13 hour's in..wow now this game is going to take time to beat..at my rate 100000 hour's. Ton of side missions I honestly thought they were the main missions. I have like 10 new missions to do..will be up all night for sure.

Kaiser voice reminds me of someone I've heard before..any ideas

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled

I just happened upon another terrormorph variant randomly attacking some small scientific base I walked to. So they are out there. 🙂

• Thumb Up 2

[Draupnir] 5600X | EVGA 3080 | Asus B550-I Strix | 32GB 3600@CL16 2C/2R | 2 x WD SN750 | NZXT H1 V2 | Custom back panel with 2x140mm | Win 11 Pro

[Sleipnir] MacBook Pro 16 | M1 Max | 32GB | 1TB

[Munnin] LG Gram 17 | i7-8565U | 16GB | 2 x 512GB SSD | Fedora 38

nice, lots to look forward to, I find myself getting lost in the world much like VRs alyx. I just want to explore and collect stuff. Im just doing side missions now to hopefully get the gattling gun and give it to sarah. then buy more med packs hopefully as well as get a decent gun for myself. I don't get why people hate on this game, graphics are not everything and for the record I find the facial graphics amazing, looks just as good as cyber punk.

@cucubits how big is this game exactly I feel overwhelmed already and im just starting out 15 hours in. does the game even have an ending? can you keep doing side missions? also how far along are you and any pointers things you wish you did early on as im a rookie to RPGS its all new to me last rpg I played was KOTOR when I was a kid and if mass effect counts then that.

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled

I was using stock windows for starfield as typically I get the best performance over modded windows. The game looked butt ugly and I was under the impression thats just what it is. I randomly decided to mod windows to Atlas OS and then booted up the game, all the sudden textures were high resolution and the effects were vivid. pretty awesome change in graphics and I must say this game looks pretty good considering how large it is, Ive only checked out like 5 of 1000 worlds

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled

On 9/28/2023 at 3:09 AM, ryan said:

5 of 1000 worlds

I'm starting to think this is going to be quantity over quality. As much as I'd like this to not be the case, it's beginning to feel a bit repetitive: new mission - loading screen travel to another landing spot, run 200m, kill some baddies, maybe explore a base, press a button, loading screen travel back to quest giver. This exact pattern is repeating for most side quests so far.

A few major faction questlines are indeed more varied but I don't think there are too many of those (so far I only found the Terrormorph story and the pirates). Wondering what other bigger factions are there and how to not miss important side storylines without reading online...

The main story so far is running around talking to new recruitable npcs and gathering artefacts.