NotebookTalk

StarField!! Anyone else excited

cylix

We finally got a better glimpse at the new Starfield game from Bethseda, looks gigantic: Star Citizen combined with No mans land.😁

• Thumb Up 1
  • Thanks 1

7950X3D| Zotac 4090 AMP Extreme Airo| MSI MPG B650 Edge Wifi| Lian Li Galahad 360 V2| 32GB Kingston Renegade RGBZ 6000|Kingston KC3000 2TB| Fury Renegade 2TB|Samsung 970 Evo 1TB| Lian Li O11 Dynamic Evo| Corsair HX1500i| Samsung Odyssey G9 Neo

Asus Zephyrus G15 (Ryzen 9 6900HS + RTX3080)

• 1 month later...

Star field is only a hop skip and jump away. Its reportedly the biggest game to ever release and the good news is it has next gen graphics to enjoy the massive size of the game and it is made by one of the best game developers on the planet. recipe for success. I personally can't wait and ill be buying it pending how its recieved and heck even if its not what everyone expected ill probably still buy it as fun can be had in 99 percent of all games.

here's a video of what you should know:

Release date for what appears to be literally and figuratively out of this world

Sep 6, 2023

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled

I did a thread here: 😄

Im not that excited, Bethseda  is good for marketing but the product is always a mess, see Fallout 4 and 76🤣. Also the games are fast becoming repetitive, thats why i didnt finish F4. So much of the same stuff over and over that it burned me out and also the stories are weak. I will try it on gamepass cus its free but no way ill buy it.

• Bump 1

7950X3D| Zotac 4090 AMP Extreme Airo| MSI MPG B650 Edge Wifi| Lian Li Galahad 360 V2| 32GB Kingston Renegade RGBZ 6000|Kingston KC3000 2TB| Fury Renegade 2TB|Samsung 970 Evo 1TB| Lian Li O11 Dynamic Evo| Corsair HX1500i| Samsung Odyssey G9 Neo

2 hours ago, cylix said:

Im not that excited, Bethseda  is good for marketing but the product is always a mess, see Fallout 4 and 76🤣. Also the games are fast becoming repetitive, thats why i didnt finish F4. So much of the same stuff over and over that it burned me out and also the stories are weak. I will try it on gamepass cus its free but no way ill buy it.

I feel the same about Bethesda (and I love Skyrim and FO4)

To that end I will wait for a little bit (probably building a gaming desktop in the meantime :classic_mellow: ) and then "borrow" a copy of Starfield from my friend with an eye patch. If it plays as well as I hope then I will purchase my own copy :classic_biggrin:

So a little excited...but mostly hopeful.

Thunderchild // Lenovo Legion Y740 17" i7-9750H rtx2080maxQ win10 

RainBird // Alienware 17 (Ranger) i7-4910mq gtx860m win10LTSC

I feel hopeful too. Im crossing my fingers but the hype is big, I really hope they deliver.

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled

15 hours ago, cylix said:

Loved FO4 and absolutely love FO76 but it took 3yrs to get FO76 to where it needed to be. 🙂

Hopefully they are in a better place and have learned a lot from their previous works and forays into pseudo MMOs.

• Thumb Up 1

Electrosoft Prime: 7950X3D | MSI X670E Carbon  | MSI Suprim X Liquid 4090 | AC LF II 420 | G.Skill 6000 A-Die 2x32GB | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB | EVGA 1600w P2 | Phanteks Ethroo Pro | Alienware AW3225QF 32" OLED

Eurocom Raptor X15 | 12900k | Nvidia RTX 3070ti | 15.6" 1080p 240hz | Kingston 3200 32GB (2x16GB) | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB Heatsink Edition
Heath: i9-12900k | EVGA CLC 280 | Asus Strix Z690 D4 | Asus Strix 3080 | 32GB DDR4 2x16GB B-Die 4000  | WD Black SN850 512GB |  EVGA DG-77 | Samsung G7 32" 144hz 32"

MelMel:  (Retrofit currently in progress)

• 3 weeks later...

heard unfortunetly this game got delayed yet again, im really looking forward to diving into the game just to see the scope and size of it, hopefully it has a story worth getting involved in. Heard from one of the DEVs in an interview he basically said the game is unreasonably big. fingers crossed 😛

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled

• 4 weeks later...

Almost there. I'm getting excited for the idea of a new proper single player space exploration planets aliens ships looting RPG thingy.

I've promised myself I'm going to sit on my hands and not set any expectations on this one and more importantly, I'm not going to watch any videos/let's plays, etc. I always end up spoiling good games for myself by watching these. I want to go in blind and take my time... 

• Thumb Up 2

I don't get excited about video games any more.

• Thumb Up 1
  • Bump 1

Desktop: Ryzen 5 5600X3D | 32 GB RAM | GeForce RTX 3080 | 4 TB SSD | Windows 11

Gigabyte Aorus 16X: Core i7-14650HX | 32 GB RAM | GeForce RTX 4070 | 1 TB SSD | Windows 11

Lenovo IdeaPad 3 Gaming: Ryzen 7 6800H | 16 GB RAM | GeForce RTX 3050 | 512 GB SSD | Windows 11

Lenovo IdeaPad 5 Pro: Ryzen 5 5600U | 16 GB RAM | Radeon Graphics | 512 GB SSD | Windows 11

5 hours ago, cucubits said:

Almost there. I'm getting excited for the idea of a new proper single player space exploration planets aliens ships looting RPG thingy.

I've promised myself I'm going to sit on my hands and not set any expectations on this one and more importantly, I'm not going to watch any videos/let's plays, etc. I always end up spoiling good games for myself by watching these. I want to go in blind and take my time... 

I have the Premium Edition waiting for launch but I am going to wait a few weeks like I always do before playing for that initial server slam and bug fest.

As a long time fan of the FO Universe, the Creation Engine 2 looks an awful lot like their Creation Engine 1 in game play footage, so I'll be curious to see what it brings to the table.

But yes, I definitely will be playing.

• Thumb Up 2

Electrosoft Prime: 7950X3D | MSI X670E Carbon  | MSI Suprim X Liquid 4090 | AC LF II 420 | G.Skill 6000 A-Die 2x32GB | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB | EVGA 1600w P2 | Phanteks Ethroo Pro | Alienware AW3225QF 32" OLED

Eurocom Raptor X15 | 12900k | Nvidia RTX 3070ti | 15.6" 1080p 240hz | Kingston 3200 32GB (2x16GB) | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB Heatsink Edition
Heath: i9-12900k | EVGA CLC 280 | Asus Strix Z690 D4 | Asus Strix 3080 | 32GB DDR4 2x16GB B-Die 4000  | WD Black SN850 512GB |  EVGA DG-77 | Samsung G7 32" 144hz 32"

MelMel:  (Retrofit currently in progress)

Oh man, the premium edition gets 5 days early access... I already know I won't be able to stop myself, I can only hope it'll live up to at least some of the expectations.

I keep saying I won't preorder games anymore (ever since No Man's Sky, I was sooo mad on devs and prepurchases) but I still do it from time to time. It stings even more now because the last game I bought I ended up regretting quite a bit (Diablo 4, for some reason I just didn't end up liking it).

hec it! 😆

image.png.42acc023ccb2d3ee5274dfa82a505aaf.png

While we're at it, here are the release times. It's Thursday afternoon for me!

image.thumb.png.4ec30d9cd5c25a16a6f1ab1f6c5eb5d6.png

• Thumb Up 1

To get the hype going. 😄

• Bump 1

Aaannnd the reviews are out. I knew It!! Performance is bad if you look at the antique Graphics.. it looks outdated, still the creation engine 😑4090\13900K\1440P -  110FPS open world. Also  like everyone feared, the world is empty outside the Important locations.. typical procedural world. And also a weak story like all Bethseda stories 😄

IGN gave it a 7:

Verdict

It’s never a great sign when someone recommends a game on the grounds that it gets good after more than a dozen hours, but that’s very much the kind of game Starfield is, and I do recommend it. There are a lot of forces working against it, and the combination of disjointed space travel, nonexistent maps, aggravating inventory management, and a slow rollout of essential abilities very nearly did it in. It was the joys piloting a custom spaceship into and out of all sorts of morally ambiguous situations in a rich sci-fi universe that eventually pulled it out of a nosedive. I’m glad that I powered through the early hours, because its interstellar mystery story pays off and, once the ball got rolling, combat on foot and in space gradually became good enough that its momentum carried me into New Game+ after I’d finished the main story after around 60 hours. Like Skryim and Fallout 4 before it, there’s still an immense amount of quality roleplaying quests and interesting NPCs out there, waiting to be stumbled across, and the pull to seek it out is strong.

Gamespot also a 7:

The Good

• Intriguing side quests that lead you down some wild paths
  • Solid gunplay and fun arsenal of weapons make for thrilling firefights
  • Impressive breadth of content and interconnected gameplay systems
  • Trekking the galaxy and discovering planets is novel

The Bad

• Uninspired main story with weak writing and characterizations
  • Underwhelming vision of space exploration and humanity's spacefaring future
  • Shallow RPG mechanics with regard to dialogue, quest solutions, and influencing outcomes
  • Terrible map system makes key locations tough to navigate

Im glad i didnt get the hype and spent money on it. Ill play it on gamepass.

• Bump 1

This is a very even-handed review. I'll certainly try it on GamePass, but no way in heck I'll be spending actual money.

Desktop: Ryzen 5 5600X3D | 32 GB RAM | GeForce RTX 3080 | 4 TB SSD | Windows 11

Gigabyte Aorus 16X: Core i7-14650HX | 32 GB RAM | GeForce RTX 4070 | 1 TB SSD | Windows 11

Lenovo IdeaPad 3 Gaming: Ryzen 7 6800H | 16 GB RAM | GeForce RTX 3050 | 512 GB SSD | Windows 11

Lenovo IdeaPad 5 Pro: Ryzen 5 5600U | 16 GB RAM | Radeon Graphics | 512 GB SSD | Windows 11

Just saw a bit of the review then listened to the verdict..not surprised. I thought if this gets a 9 or 10 and is well received I'm buying the premium game..I'm also going to log the 60 hours via game pass that is if it even runs at 1080p with my 3060

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled

Already a mod to get DLSS 😄

https://www.nexusmods.com/starfield/mods/111?tab=files

• Like 1

I'm having fun with it so far but I will say that it would've been so much better if gameplay wouldn't have been so disjointed. Getting in a ship, getting in the pilot seat, taking off, landing on a planet, jumping in hyperspace... all are disconnected. Breaks immersion a lot. As much as I hate saying this, Star Citizen nailed that part...

• Thumb Up 1

Still waiting on game pass. I'm sure it's a good game it's just people had high expectations. Same thing for cyberpunk. If the games not mind-blowing like horizon 5 it's in the can

• Thumb Up 1

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled

37 minutes ago, ryan said:

Still waiting on game pass. I'm sure it's a good game it's just people had high expectations. Same thing for cyberpunk. If the games not mind-blowing like horizon 5 it's in the can

I think you're right. Setting high/wrong expectations was the problem here.

- if you are expecting a Star Citizen like free/full exploration/simulation with a story and RPG stuff - you're going to be disappointed.

- if you are expecting something similar to Mass Effect combined with Fallout 4 - it's about what you'll get.

• Bump 1

Even though people are saying it's just good I'm excited. Like I mean these people logged in more hours in this game than I have out of all my games in a year

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled

Starfield is a fallout 4 mode. 🤮

This Guy said all is need to.  I deleted this crap from game pass, 120 gb of crap I don't need.

Screenshot 2023-09-02 175716.png

I don't know... I'm having a lot of fun with it, still with side missions and random exploring at the first area.

I'd say try it, play for a couple hours and refund if it's not for you. It does have a lot of Fallout 4 vibes mixed with some Star Citizen and Mass Effect. Not necessarily bad.

• Thumb Up 1

13 hours ago, cylix said:

Starfield is a fallout 4 mode. 🤮

Yep, I no longer game but a 10s look at the headlines was enough to call it. Bethesda are really stuck developing a particular type of games focused on basic open world simulation. From the early days of the The Elder Scrolls: Arena, if you wanted to spend enormous amounts of time in a simple but endless and increasingly visually impressive environment to explore, they've got you covered. Unfortunately, for some reason, they don't really have brilliant/groundbreaking story writers and designers.

Since people have brought up comparison with Fallout, one thing I really can't forgive Bethesda for is how they butchered that IP, and turned fascinating experiences into boring mechanical environment traversal in pursuit of gear. Fallout 3 and presumably 4 are OK games (NV is a bit better since it was developed by Obsidian), but they are nowhere near as well thought out and brilliant to play (IMO) as the original(s), plus the lame shooter-like gameplay sucks - it's not challenging at all in the way an FPS is, but very little is required in terms of tactical thinking.

• Thumb Up 1
  • Like 1
  • Bump 1

"We're rushing towards a cliff, but the closer we get, the more scenic the views are."

-- Max Tegmark

AI: Major Emerging Existential Threat To Humanity