NotebookTalk

BIOS update and fear :O)

6730b

Even after dozens and dozens of successful flashes on all kinds of machines, the fear of imminent catastrophy & destruction always surfaces from somewhere, maybe over the years ones genes \ DNA got mutated to include digital fear & anxiety as a most basic survival tool :O)

And yes, all well this time too !

20231006b.jpg

Dell Precision 5540 w10 ltsc 1809 \ O&O shutup, Dell E7440 w8.1, Tosh w8.1, HP i5 desktop w10 ltsc 1809 \ O&O shutup
Stand with ua.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Girls: Do men even have feelings?

Boys: Scary BIOS flash bar

• Haha 3

DELL Precision M4800 Slav-jank

Spoiler

GPU: NVIDIA Quadro T1000
CPU: i7 4800MQ (Undervolted)
(Waiting for i7 4980HQ)
RAM: 32 GB G.Skill RipJaws 1866 mHz (4 x 8 GB)

Storage (SATA1): Samsung SSD 870 EVO 512 GB

Storage (SATA2): Samsung SSD 870 EVO 1024 GB

hcghqw-4.png

• 2 weeks later...

Is what it is, if my systems crash because of a bios update and they die, I will get a new one.  Hopefully its my desktop since I can change out the mother board, case and PSU then have a new fully running system again without too much trouble.  If it's ny notebook, then I guess one of the few new systems I am looking at will be ordered. 

Workstation - Dell XPS 8940 - desktop creative powerhouse

Mobile Workstation - Dell inspiron 5406 2 in 1 - mobile creative beast

Wifey's Notebook - Dell inspiron 3169 - Little gem for our businesses

• 2 months later...

And survived another one :O) along with a mysterious 'TPM 2.0 firmware update'. Both labeled CRITICAL
Mixing such updates with Bitlocker = suspense until sucessful boot. Got 100% trust in bitlocker itself, but way less in new firmwares' possible implications (and in own deads ...or misdeads lol). Of course got backups of contents and keys ready if anything should ever go overboard.

5421.jpg

Dell Precision 5540 w10 ltsc 1809 \ O&O shutup, Dell E7440 w8.1, Tosh w8.1, HP i5 desktop w10 ltsc 1809 \ O&O shutup
Stand with ua.jpg

• 5 months later...

And another one for the 5540...that feeling of imminent ☠️, but all went well.

202uu77.jpg

Stand with ua.jpg

I did my 3 dells today.  The bios update made them all much faster.  I think the previous one screwed alot of things up.  My system is now quiet, fast, and has better battery life.  Went from 4.5 to over 9 hrs.  The previous bios upgrade screwed everything in the system.

Workstation - Dell XPS 8940 - desktop creative powerhouse

Mobile Workstation - Dell inspiron 5406 2 in 1 - mobile creative beast

Wifey's Notebook - Dell inspiron 3169 - Little gem for our businesses