NotebookTalk

4 controversial laptop trends that should never have made it mainstream

KING19

41 minutes ago, jaybee83 said:

https://eurocom.com/configure(2,404,0)ec

image.png.b7b86aac3b018a1c8597a464580b205a.png

you were saying....? 🤠

I said i think 330w is the maximum because i wasnt sure if it still is. Also with that power brick you wont be able to travel on a airplane lol. 😋

• Haha 1

Current Laptop:

Lenovo Legion 5: AMD Ryzen 7 4800H 2.8Ghz (Boost: 4.2Ghz), 6GB Nvidia Geforce GTX 1660Ti GDDR6 Memory, 15.6" FHD (1920 x 1080) 144Hz IPS display, 32GB 3200MHz DDR4 memory, 512GB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD, 1 TB Teamgroup MP34 M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD, Windows 10 Home 22H2

41 minutes ago, KING19 said:

I said i think 330w is the maximum because i wasnt sure if it still is. Also with that power brick you wont be able to travel on a airplane lol. 😋

330w is just the cheapest high volume option but it works well for me on my p750fm 

9700f @ 4.5ghz and a 190w gtx 1080

It helps that Dell typically used them too for their precision lineup in the past, not sure if it's still the case or not 

• Thumb Up 2

On 5/19/2022 at 1:15 AM, KING19 said:

Personally i dont see it as a a big deal because no application is going to make the CPU/GPU run at their maximum wattage at the same time besides stress tests. Laptop's power bricks are already limited to 330w i think, anymore wattage it'll require having a second power brick like in the past. At that point you mind well buy a desktop instead and save money.

I still dont like MSI's false advertising about it like its a new thing......

Look at some Youtube videos of the Alienware X17. Cpu clock drop once you have full load on the Gpu. And adding more cores is meant to help you to run other tasks simultaneous in the background. DTR = Desktop replacement. Do more.... Even if you game🙂 

Whats the point with an unlocked i9 if it's castrated to run 2.6-3.4GHz in games? And what if you want the Cpu to do more? Damn nice if the Cpu barely is able to run low boost/base clock frequency due the power sharing features to cut costs on cooling/thin over functionality.

https://youtu.be/58nuAuaNjjA

https://youtu.be/BfZHdj86HEE

https://youtu.be/-fTc-F41P84?t=125

And dual power adapter ain't something new, if they went that route. Have been here the last 2 decades. But as all know... Dual adapters doesn't fit in with thin and slim. Aka design over functionality. Just wait for next gen crippling... Normal Power adapters (280-330W) willl be gooner/gone and the new modern slim 240/250W USB-C adapters is all what you'll get for your gaming-book. Yep, Dynamic Boost will come in new revision and will be more and more important.  

• Thumb Up 1
  • Like 3

"The Killer"  ASUS ROG Z790 Apex Encore | 14900KS | 4090 HOF + 20 other graphics cards | 32GB DDR5 | Be Quiet! Dark Power Pro 12 - 1500 Watt | Second PSU - Cooler Master V750 SFX Gold 750W (For total of 2250W Power) | Corsair Obsidian 1000D | Custom Cooling | Asus ROG Strix XG27AQ 27" Monitors |

Papusan @ HWBOTTeam PremaMod @ HWBOT | Papusan @ YouTube Channel

Emasculating a product so it can sport specs that it cannot properly support is never an honest approach. When something is sold on the basis that it is awesome and unique and it is neither, that stands as evidence on face value that the company selling it is dishonest and cannot be trusted. Companies doing that is the new normal, and those that do deserve any financial misfortune that comes their way because of it. I actually wish such misfortune on them.

• Thumb Up 1
  • Like 5
  • Bump 1

Wraith // Z790 Apex | 14900KF | 4090 Suprim X+Byksi Block | 48GB DDR5-8600 | Toughpower GF3 1650W | MO-RA3 360 | Hailea HC-500A || O11D XL EVO
Banshee // Z790 Apex Encore | 13900KS | 4090 Gaming OC+Alphacool Block | 48GB DDR5-8600 | RM1200x SHIFT | XT45 1080 Nova || Dark Base Pro 901
Munchkin // Z790i Edge | 14900K | Arc A770 Phantom Gaming OC | 48GB DDR5-8000 | GameMax 850W | EK Nucleus CR360 Dark || Prime AP201 
Half-Breed // Dell Precision 7720 | BGA CPU Filth+MXM Quadro P5000 | Sub-$500 Grade A Refurb || Nothing to Write Home About  

Mr. Fox YouTube Channel | Mr. Fox @ HWBOT

The average response time for a 911 call is 10 minutes. The response time of a .357 is 1400 feet per second.

10 hours ago, Mr. Fox said:

Emasculating a product so it can sport specs that it cannot properly support is never an honest approach. When something is sold on the basis that it is awesome and unique and it is neither, that stands as evidence on face value that the company selling it is dishonest and cannot be trusted. Companies doing that is the new normal, and those that do deserve any financial misfortune that comes their way because of it. I actually wish such misfortune on them.

Yep, otherwise they'll never learn and just continue selling the same crappy products. The best way to stimulate innovation is for us to vote with our wallets.

For thin devices, the max dGPU spec should really be an xx60 GPU. That's all they can reasonably accommodate. For higher end SKUs, a thicker chassis is needed to properly cool them. Limiting maximum power and forcing the GPU and CPU to share it is not a solution. Both should be allowed to draw as much power as they want for us to get the performance we want. These are called performance systems for a reason.

• Thumb Up 1
  • Like 4

AlienyHackbook: Alienware M17X R5 | i7-4930MX | GTX 1060 | 32GB DDR3L Kingston HyperX @ 2133 MHz CL 12 | MacOS Sierra 10.12.5 | Windows 10 LTSC | Hackintoshes Rule!

Desktop Killer: Clevo X170SM-G | i9-10900K | RTX 2080 Super | 32GB DDR4 Crucial Ballistix @ 3200 MHz CL 16 | Windows 10 LTSC | Slayer Of Desktops

Sagattarius A: Custom Built Desktop | i9-10900K | RX 6950 XT | 32GB DDR4 G.Skill Ripjaws @ 4000 MHz CL 15 | Windows 10 LTSC | Ultimate Performance Desktop With Cryo Cooling!

On 5/20/2022 at 7:24 PM, Papusan said:

Look at some Youtube videos of the Alienware X17. Cpu clock drop once you have full load on the Gpu. And adding more cores is meant to help you to run other tasks simultaneous in the background. DTR = Desktop replacement. Do more.... Even if you game🙂 

Whats the point with an unlocked i9 if it's castrated to run 2.6-3.4GHz in games? And what if you want the Cpu to do more? Damn nice if the Cpu barely is able to run low boost/base clock frequency due the power sharing features to cut costs on cooling/thin over functionality.

https://youtu.be/58nuAuaNjjA

https://youtu.be/BfZHdj86HEE

https://youtu.be/-fTc-F41P84?t=125

And dual power adapter ain't something new, if they went that route. Have been here the last 2 decades. But as all know... Dual adapters doesn't fit in with thin and slim. Aka design over functionality. Just wait for next gen crippling... Normal Power adapters (280-330W) willl be gooner/gone and the new modern slim 240/250W USB-C adapters is all what you'll get for your gaming-book. Yep, Dynamic Boost will come in new revision and will be more and more important.  

Yea that is bad, i noticed that on the videos when the GPU is almost using its full power that the clocks on the CPU drops almost to stock clock speeds. A CPU is not going to use its full wattage when playing games but there no excuse for not using its full turboboost clock speeds, at that point you mind well disable turboboost but also it'll cause some stutters while playing games at times because of that. People are getting screwed hard and they dont even know it.

The future of gaming laptops is pretty bleak.......

• Thumb Up 1
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Current Laptop:

Lenovo Legion 5: AMD Ryzen 7 4800H 2.8Ghz (Boost: 4.2Ghz), 6GB Nvidia Geforce GTX 1660Ti GDDR6 Memory, 15.6" FHD (1920 x 1080) 144Hz IPS display, 32GB 3200MHz DDR4 memory, 512GB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD, 1 TB Teamgroup MP34 M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD, Windows 10 Home 22H2

One thing I wish that vendors would do is offer configurations with a high end CPU and a mid range GPU and vice versa. The customer should be able to customize the system for their needs and not have to pay extra for a component they don't need.

For example, I typically require a high end CPU, but mid range GPUs work for me now. Today's mid range GPUs fit my needs as an RTX 3060 TI or something with comparable processing power can render any game (including new releases) at 144 fps at medium to high settings at 1080p resolution. These are my target settings and framerate for all games. I no longer need a high end GPU to get the performance I want in games.

The CPU on the other hand is a part that I will continue to need to be high end. I am a software engineer, so the extra cores a high end CPU provides me significantly cuts down on compile times. Sometimes I need to use productivity software as well, so those extra cores significantly cut down on the time required for video renders, audio re-encoding, etc. In addition, since my framerate target is 144 fps in all games, I need an extra powerful CPU to keep that framerate in CPU intensive games.

Unfortunately laptop vendors do not offer "unbalanced" configurations unless you get a Clevo DTR from a boutique shop, then you can typically spec the laptop however you want it. Either that, or you build a desktop and can customize that computer's hardware to fit your needs.

AlienyHackbook: Alienware M17X R5 | i7-4930MX | GTX 1060 | 32GB DDR3L Kingston HyperX @ 2133 MHz CL 12 | MacOS Sierra 10.12.5 | Windows 10 LTSC | Hackintoshes Rule!

Desktop Killer: Clevo X170SM-G | i9-10900K | RTX 2080 Super | 32GB DDR4 Crucial Ballistix @ 3200 MHz CL 16 | Windows 10 LTSC | Slayer Of Desktops

Sagattarius A: Custom Built Desktop | i9-10900K | RX 6950 XT | 32GB DDR4 G.Skill Ripjaws @ 4000 MHz CL 15 | Windows 10 LTSC | Ultimate Performance Desktop With Cryo Cooling!

On 5/22/2022 at 2:37 AM, KING19 said:

Yea that is bad, i noticed that on the videos when the GPU is almost using its full power that the clocks on the CPU drops almost to stock clock speeds. A CPU is not going to use its full wattage when playing games but there no excuse for not using its full turboboost clock speeds, at that point you mind well disable turboboost but also it'll cause some stutters while playing games at times because of that. People are getting screwed hard and they dont even know it.

The future of gaming laptops is pretty bleak.......

The Witcher 3 presents a more real-world picture of how CPU and GPU metrics can change during gaming. Here, we also see Dynamic Boost coming into action with the RTX 3070 Ti now able to sustain fairly well between 140 W and 150 W TGP and boost clocks at 1,800 MHz. The Core i9-12900H settles for a 3 GHz clock at a much lesser TDP requirement of just about 25 W. What a fantastic feature

And how much would it cost them add in an ssd heatsink? 

image.png.dc5fdd0e6d67b56840644d10190ce678.png

Asus ROG Strix Scar 15 G533ZW Laptop Review: 1440p 240 Hz gaming powerhouse with Alder Lake Core i9 and 150 W RTX 3070 Ti

• Haha 2

"The Killer"  ASUS ROG Z790 Apex Encore | 14900KS | 4090 HOF + 20 other graphics cards | 32GB DDR5 | Be Quiet! Dark Power Pro 12 - 1500 Watt | Second PSU - Cooler Master V750 SFX Gold 750W (For total of 2250W Power) | Corsair Obsidian 1000D | Custom Cooling | Asus ROG Strix XG27AQ 27" Monitors |

@Papusan and @Mr. Fox I think you guys are not going to this like this absolute BS of the idiots nowadays.

PC Components with High Power Draw an Issue for an Overwhelming Majority of Users: Survey

fo0TgoxJ9Bk2DuKz.jpg

The world has become a total Clown show. These fools who buy those overheating piles of pure garbage with BGA trash and also make a whole fuss about how it's toasting, dumb as rocks. They want top performance and also thin and light BS like Apple garbage soldered mess and later whine.

Why not just simply give a middle finger to those scum corporations like Dell and all of them and buy a damn Desktop ? Oh probably even in Desktop it's a mess I think. People who buy RTX3090 are miniscule, not many buy that card. Forget 3090Ti which is 450W, and as for Intel PL2, it's 300W only if you push all heavy P95 like workloads on all 10C, in realistic scenario who will stress their CPU that much except the benchers ? Until 10th gen it was fine to be honest. 300W on games which is what these dumbfools will do most of the time is not happening, at best 150W peak that too on heavy titles like RDR2 or Metro Exodus. As for GPU 3080 and combined with that = under 1000W PSU at best.

Yeah 12900K is hot and it needs an AIO, Intel is the foolish one here investing more into E junk than improve their lithography node and P core, look at Zen 4 under 300W and hitting 5.5GHz clocks, 5GHz+ on many 16C on TSMC 5N. I'm really annoyed at seeing this nonsense pop up on Desktop side of all things. It's annoying to have that pump and etc yes, but that's what the Intel is now, they put more R&D and money into BGA basket because it makes them most of the cash. People who buy them in masses for that gaming are the real culprit.

Plus more over with AMD's Ryzen era, why are even people crying ? lol those CPUs are already saturated a LOT of Market for PC mainstream they barely can clock let alone function properly with USB IOD nonsense, the marketshare for ADL is far less vs CML , Zen parts even maybe mid range is slowly picking up due to Summer and new machines it's a drop in ocean.. GPUs are MIA for 2 years flat out period let alone owning a top end at scalping price,

All in all one must own a TOP END hardware to even whine about them on Dekstop, I doubt folks who even own top end hardware even care about the damn power FFS. Like how many are using 10900Ks and 12900Ks and 6900XT / 3090s ? And do they care ? Nope. This whole poll is just riding on the new garbage virtue signalling. It's probably more than 85% of the voters on LapJoke JUNKYARD trash BGA than a proper MXM slotted P870 P570WM P770 Alienware's old Socketed machines and Desktop users.

Also ATX12VO garbage didn't fly thankfully - more mobo complexity adding SATA power delivery to the already damn crowded PCB of the ATX formfactor is stupidest things ever heard. I had a hope that with dawn of PCIe5.0 there will be a new ATX standard that becomes BIG because PCIe5.0 is 3x times more bandwidth per lane than PCIe3.0 and that means a single PCIe5.0 x16 can electrically satisfy PCIe3.0x8 so many times that you will make a pure Server class SSI-EEB size for us mere mortals similar to the Enterprise class. But nope, we need that overheating junk of an NVMe SSD which barely can shoot up in RAID (DMI is maxed out at 2x drives at best through chipset) or that precious top slot for that GPU to play latest politically motivated trash games and have 2 lanes at best, all on top of death of HEDT.

I hope Nvidia / AMD / Intel push for 600W to spite these fools, let them buy Apple garbage or Consoles or best they can stick to their daily dose of Propaganda through "Smartphone" trash where basic thing of an Operating System - Filesystem doesn't even exist to user. So much so for Performance or Tree hugging nonsense. The absolute hypocrisy of the EPA scam and others is a whole new level though. What about the damn Lithium and Cobalt mining used for EV cars ? yeah no sound.

• Like 3
  • Bump 2

Helios (WIP)

i9 10900K // Trident Z Royal C16 4000MHz B-Die 32GB // ASUS Maximus XIII APEX // Noctua DH15 Chromax // RTX3090Ti FE // Alienware 360Hz G-Sync Ultimate IPS FHD // Seasonic Prime TX 1000 Titanium // Fractal Meshify 2XL

Ethereal Ranger

Alienware 17 R1 // i7 4710MQ // 16GB DDR3L 2133MHz // 980M 860M loaner // Windows 8.1

22 minutes ago, Ashtrix said:

@Papusan and @Mr. Fox I think you guys are not going to this like this absolute BS of the idiots nowadays.

PC Components with High Power Draw an Issue for an Overwhelming Majority of Users: Survey

fo0TgoxJ9Bk2DuKz.jpg

The world has become a total Clown show. These fools who buy those overheating piles of pure garbage with BGA trash and also make a whole fuss about how it's toasting, dumb as rocks. They want top performance and also thin and light BS like Apple garbage soldered mess and later whine.

Why not just simply give a middle finger to those scum corporations like Dell and all of them and buy a damn Desktop ? Oh probably even in Desktop it's a mess I think. People who buy RTX3090 are miniscule, not many buy that card. Forget 3090Ti which is 450W, and as for Intel PL2, it's 300W only if you push all heavy P95 like workloads on all 10C, in realistic scenario who will stress their CPU that much except the benchers ? Until 10th gen it was fine to be honest. 300W on games which is what these dumbfools will do most of the time is not happening, at best 150W peak that too on heavy titles like RDR2 or Metro Exodus. As for GPU 3080 and combined with that = under 1000W PSU so what the f**k these guys are whining at ?

Yeah 12900K is hot and it needs an AIO, Intel is the foolish one here investing more into E junk than improve their lithography node and P core, look at Zen 4 under 300W and hitting 5.5GHz clocks, 5GHz+ on many 16C on TSMC 5N. I'm really annoyed at seeing this nonsense pop up on Desktop side of all things.

All in all one must own a TOP END hardware to even whine about them, I doubt folks who even own top end hardware even care about the damn power FFS. Like how many are using 10900Ks and 12900Ks and 6900XT / 3090s ? And do they care ? Nope. This whole poll is just riding on the new garbage virtue signalling. It's probably more than 85% of the voters on LapJoke JUNKYARD trash BGA than a proper MXM slotted P870 P570WM P770 Alienware's old Socketed machines and Desktop users.

Also ATX12VO garbage didn't fly thankfully - more mobo complexity adding SATA power delivery to the already damn crowded PCB of the ATX formfactor is stupidest things ever heard. I had a hope that with dawn of PCIe5.0 there will be a new ATX standard that becomes BIG because PCIe5.0 is 3x times more bandwidth per lane than PCIe3.0 and that means a single PCIe5.0 x16 can electrically satisfy PCIe3.0x8 so many times that you will make a pure Server class SSI-EEB size for us mere mortals similar to the Enterprise class. But nope, we need that overheating junk of an NVMe SSD which barely can shoot up in RAID (DMI is maxed out at 2x drives at best through chipset) or that precious top slot for that GPU to play latest politically motivated trash games and have 2 lanes at best, all on top of death of HEDT.

I hope Nvidia / AMD / Intel push for 600W to spite these fools, let them buy Apple garbage or Consoles or best they can stick to their daily dose of Propaganda through "Smartphone" trash where basic thing of an Operating System - Filesystem doesn't even exist to user. So much so for Performance or Tree hugging nonsense. The absolute hypocrisy of the EPA scam and others is a whole new level though. What about the damn Lithium and Cobalt mining used for EV cars ? yeah no sound.

Clown show is a good way of describing it. We are surrounded by hopelessly worthless dumb-dumbs, and I can identify multiple areas in life where this is applicable and abundantly evident beyond the topic you are speaking about. People with properly functioning brains, ordinary intelligence, common sense, guided by decency and morals are a shrinking minority.

There was one piece of good news if you look hard enough for it. The article mentioned, "Interestingly, only 11.3 percent voted that they care about the environment and hence take issue with high power-draw components. This figure, by the way, is much less than the 14.5 percent who voted that they don't care at all about components with high power draw."

I am glad that the percentage of stupidity is so low as it relates to the number of people that are drinking the climate change hoax Kool-Aid. It is encouraging that the percentage of those that don't care at all about power draw still outnumber the tree-huggers.

I can sympathize with those that want to keep their electric utility bill as low as possible. I can't fault anyone for wanting to give their local power company as little money as possible.

Now we need to figure out how to get the tail to stop wagging the dog and put our nation's house back in order again while there is still something left worth salvaging.

For the record, I am super happy the 4090 is going to be drawing massive amounts of power. That fact alone makes me want to buy one even though I don't need it.

• Like 4

Wraith // Z790 Apex | 14900KF | 4090 Suprim X+Byksi Block | 48GB DDR5-8600 | Toughpower GF3 1650W | MO-RA3 360 | Hailea HC-500A || O11D XL EVO
Banshee // Z790 Apex Encore | 13900KS | 4090 Gaming OC+Alphacool Block | 48GB DDR5-8600 | RM1200x SHIFT | XT45 1080 Nova || Dark Base Pro 901
Munchkin // Z790i Edge | 14900K | Arc A770 Phantom Gaming OC | 48GB DDR5-8000 | GameMax 850W | EK Nucleus CR360 Dark || Prime AP201 
Half-Breed // Dell Precision 7720 | BGA CPU Filth+MXM Quadro P5000 | Sub-$500 Grade A Refurb || Nothing to Write Home About  

The average response time for a 911 call is 10 minutes. The response time of a .357 is 1400 feet per second.

I understand the desire for low power draw on laptops, but on desktops? Come on!

Desktops are performance oriented computers. Power draw doesn't matter at full load (note I didn't say it didn't matter at idle), since the computer is built for maximum performance. Power draw only really matters on idle since the computer shouldn't be drawing ridiculous amounts of power while doing nothing. That's just stupid. But when running at full blast, let it draw those ridiculous amounts of power, we want performance!

Even for laptops, power draw really only matters on battery power, especially for performance oriented laptops. The goal on battery power is to maximize runtime, so limiting power draw makes sense. However, when plugged into the wall outlet, you have access to more power than the computer could ever draw, so it should be enabled to run wild. Power consumption doesn't matter at full load and when plugged into a wall outlet.

There are two sides here. Yes power consumption does matter to a point, but on a performance oriented machine, power draw at full load doesn't matter. It does matter at idle, but not at full load. The computer is built for performance, not power efficiency. If one cares about power efficiency so much, then they should not be buying a performance oriented computer. Seems to me that people are just making poor purchasing decisions and then blaming the product they bought. That or they have unrealistic expectations. You can't circumvent physics.

Speaking of which, there may be a solution that allows for thin and light performance laptops with desktop processing power without making them overheat or be loud. Eluktronics's new laptop lineup consists of gaming laptops that can be paired with with external water cooling. If that takes off, we may see larger external water coolers appear for gaming laptops.

@Mr. Fox I know you wouldn't want a colostomy bag cooler as you put it 🤣, but I do think external water cooling can be made more streamlined so that it's portable as well. 

• Thumb Up 4

2 hours ago, Ashtrix said:

These fools buy pc/computers after reding reviews from HW reviewers that praise trash in all ways. If you like everything you review, you will always give wrong advices. People can't use their head anymore. They prefer listening on stupids. Stupidity is today's normal 😟

image.png.8212a1c24798846988f427bf5008a8cb.png

This $279 Lenovo convertible laptop is a real steal pcworld.com

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Clamibot said:

@Mr. Fox I know you wouldn't want a colostomy bag cooler as you put it 🤣, but I do think external water cooling can be made more streamlined so that it's portable as well. 

I would agree with that. I have seen the videos and spoken briefly with @B0B about the Eluktronics water cooling thing. I think it is interesting for sure, and it seems to work fairly well. The one they offer has a 120MM radiator and a 240MM would be better without adding a tremendous amount of  size and weight.

The part that makes ZERO sense to me is making thin and light laptops and then fashioning a colostomy bag cooling system for them. It would make more sense to build something more substantial with better air cooling, because the selling point (for those that drink that Kool-Aid) is the notion that a thin and light form factor plays to portability and ease of travel, etc. The colostomy bag is counter-intuitive in that scenario and the underlying product remains compromised. The addition of the colostomy bag flies in the face of logic if they are using the portability/travel excuse for accepting a compromised form factor. It is more like a band-aid for a botched job of notebook engineering. Remember, these wimps whine and moan about a 330W AC adapter being too big and heavy, LOL.

It would have a ton more merit on a DTR IMHO. Something like the X170 would be an ideal candidate. But, nobody makes anything equal or better anymore. Sad days we live in for notebooks.

• Thumb Up 2

Add more Cpu performance then have to cripple the graphics performmance further on already crippled mobile graphics cards. The (progress) trend continue. They should be ashamed of offering a product like this. How hard is it to make a refreshed cooler that can cool 5-10 more watts? But people want it so.... They'll get what they want (Yey another refreshed model with too weak and flimsy cooling). This is just sad.

Dell XPS 17 9720 graphics is actually slower than on the XPS 17 9710, but CPU performance is significantly improved (Image source: Dell)
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Papusan said:

Add more Cpu performance then have to cripple the graphics performmance further on already crippled mobile graphics cards. The (progress) trend continue. They should be ashamed of offering a product like this. But people want it so.... 

Dell XPS 17 9720 graphics is actually slower than on the XPS 17 9710, but CPU performance is significantly improved (Image source: Dell)

Yes, you are exactly right. Some people make money selling chicken manure. Some people make money recycling garbage. Some people earn a living working in sewage treatment facilities. If silly people want crappy laptops, then there is a buck to be made selling them turdbooks. The problem is as much on the consumer side of the situation as it is the clowns manufacturing trash for losers, LOL.

• Thumb Up 3
  • Like 1

On 5/31/2022 at 3:46 PM, Papusan said:

The Witcher 3 presents a more real-world picture of how CPU and GPU metrics can change during gaming. Here, we also see Dynamic Boost coming into action with the RTX 3070 Ti now able to sustain fairly well between 140 W and 150 W TGP and boost clocks at 1,800 MHz. The Core i9-12900H settles for a 3 GHz clock at a much lesser TDP requirement of just about 25 W. What a fantastic feature

And how much would it cost them add in an ssd heatsink? 

image.png.dc5fdd0e6d67b56840644d10190ce678.png

Asus ROG Strix Scar 15 G533ZW Laptop Review: 1440p 240 Hz gaming powerhouse with Alder Lake Core i9 and 150 W RTX 3070 Ti

That just plain nasty.

I still dont see the point of it, Even if a CPU uses like 25w when gaming it still should use its full turbo boost clock speeds. Even in my current laptop when i play low demanding games my CPU uses like 10-15w and it still be at its full turbo boost speeds. I havent seen any proof of it improving gaming performance at all. Like i said before people are getting screwed hard and they dont even know it.

• Thumb Up 1
  • Like 2

Current Laptop:

1 hour ago, KING19 said:

people are getting screwed hard and they dont even know it

Ignorance is generally only temporary. It is easily corrected through the collection of information, which becomes knowledge and intelligence as soon as it is applied. Stupidity is incurable, enduring beyond the reach of ignorance and even flourishing in the presence of knowledge. Ignorance is defendable and those that prey on it should be held accountable, but stupidity carries its own guilt and it is indefensible. 

• Thumb Up 2

On 6/1/2022 at 10:42 PM, Mr. Fox said:

The problem is as much on the consumer side of the situation as it is the clowns manufacturing trash for losers, LOL.

Look at this. The the successor to the Clevo's High performance laptop. The replacement for the LGA / MXM monster Clevo X170 and previous Clevo P870xx series.. Say hello to Clevo X270. Is this a bad Joke or a bad dream? 

Want it bro @jc_denton @electrosoft ? Just don't forget that this new Clevo monster-book comes with a Turbbook Cpu from Intel. Pair it with Intel's new graphics cards and you can clearly see where Clevo went after a deacde with proper gaming laptops. What a sick sick world we live in.

m7ttaMNjePy2cbK4v8wtEi-970-80.png.webp

Clevo's X270 (opens in new tab) is a 17.3-inch gaming notebook powered by Intel's 12th Gen Core 'Alder Lake-H' processor and the company's flagship Arc Alchemist(opens in new tab) A770M mobile GPU that is cooled down using a dual-fan cooling system featuring seven heat pipes and liquid metal. 

Yep,a smart move from Clevo... Comments are turned off.

image.thumb.png.8ef79eec10c283d18bbfb6e60ee3d4bb.png

• Thumb Up 1
  • Sad 3

10 minutes ago, Papusan said:

Look at this. The the successor to the Clevo's High performance laptop. The replacement for the LGA / MXM monster Clevo X170 and previous Clevo P870xx series.. Say hello to Clevo X270. Is this a bad Joke? 

Want it bro @jc_denton @electrosoft ? Just don't forget that this new Clevo monster-book comes with a Turbbook Cpu from Intel. Pair it with Intel's new graphics cards and you can clearly see where Clevo went after a deacde with proper gaming laptops. What a sick sick world we live in.

m7ttaMNjePy2cbK4v8wtEi-970-80.png.webp

Clevo's X270(opens in new tab) is a 17.3-inch gaming notebook powered by Intel's 12th Gen Core 'Alder Lake-H' processor and the company's flagship Arc Alchemist(opens in new tab) A770M mobile GPU that is cooled down using a dual-fan cooling system featuring seven heat pipes and liquid metal. 

WTH.............

That is an insult to the Xx70 line if that is their successor.....

• Thumb Up 2
  • Like 1

Electrosoft Prime: 7950X3D | MSI X670E Carbon  | MSI Suprim X Liquid 4090 | AC LF II 420 | G.Skill 6000 A-Die 2x32GB | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB | EVGA 1600w P2 | Phanteks Ethroo Pro | Alienware AW3225QF 32" OLED

Eurocom Raptor X15 | 12900k | Nvidia RTX 3070ti | 15.6" 1080p 240hz | Kingston 3200 32GB (2x16GB) | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB Heatsink Edition
Heath: i9-12900k | EVGA CLC 280 | Asus Strix Z690 D4 | Asus Strix 3080 | 32GB DDR4 2x16GB B-Die 4000  | WD Black SN850 512GB |  EVGA DG-77 | Samsung G7 32" 144hz 32"

MelMel:  (Retrofit currently in progress)

45 minutes ago, electrosoft said:

WTH.............

That is an insult to the Xx70 line if that is their successor.....

Yep, why brand it X270 if this isn’t the Xx70 successor? Is this a dark joke or is this the coming gaming flagship product from Clevo? Maybe @Premaknow. What I know is that Intel first will let the Asia’n market have their first desktop graphics cards before rest of the world (and I know Clevo also targeting that market). Expect Clevo will add (weld/solder) in next gen Nvidia graphics cards when they are officially out, spring 2023. Maybe earlier if Nvidia want/or demands it to stay in front of AMD.. 

• Thumb Up 1

Clevo made the NH55JNNQ, which is a 15 inch laptop with an LGA socket for 12th gen Intel desktop CPUs. The GPU is BGA, but at least the CPU is a socketed desktop CPU. The Clevo X270 should've at least had an LGA socket for desktop CPUs as well.

If the X270 truly is what this video shows, then Asus's ROG Strix Scar 17 SE is a better offering. That laptop is full BGA as well, but has a monster unified vapor chamber heatsink, and the CPU is a desktop CPU, just adapted to a BGA socket.

Perhaps Clevo will come out with another offering that is a 17 inch laptop with an LGA socket for a future Intel desktop CPU. It's hard to believe they'd abandon true DTRs completely since that has been their specialty for decades now.

If Clevo truly has abandoned true DTRs, then I guess it's back to mainstream brands then. Sigh...

• Thumb Up 4

@Papusan @Mr. Fox @Prema @jc_denton@electrosoft 

Like WTH, X270 is just a turbook, clevo has really F'd up here, I also voted too on youtube.

Ah well guess the X170 series was the last true DTR.

Pap what did i tell you about giving companies Idea's (I am talking about the MSI Laptop post!!)

This whole aiming for Thin and Light crap needs to stop.

@Reciever Any Brand that comes out with an AM5 socket with MXM slot will insta get my wallet, although can't say it will be full of dosh but i will skip telling them that!

• Thumb Up 3

{Main System:} The Beast

Spoiler

{Cooling:} Corsair H170i Elite

{Mainboard:} Asrock X670E Pro

{CPU/GPU:} AMD Ryzen R9 7900x3D / AMD RX 7900 XTX (Asrock Phantom)

{RAM/Storage:} 2x 16GB DDR5 Corsair Vengeance 6400MT/s , 13TB WDD SN850X 2x4TB, 2x 2TB, 1x 1TB

{PSU/Case:} Corsair RM 1000x V2, Corsair 7000D Airflow (Black)

{OS:} Windows 11 Pro

Realtek Nahimic 3 Modded Driver for MSI Systems:Latest

48 minutes ago, solidus1983 said:

@Papusan @Mr. Fox @Prema @jc_denton@electrosoft 

Like WTH, X270 is just a turbook, clevo has really F'd up here, I also voted too on youtube.

Ah well guess the X170 series was the last true DTR.

Pap what did i tell you about giving companies Idea's (I am talking about the MSI Laptop post!!)

This whole aiming for Thin and Light crap needs to stop.

@Reciever Any Brand that comes out with an AM5 socket with MXM slot will insta get my wallet, although can't say it will be full of dosh but i will skip telling them that!

I dont know enough about AM5 but I wouldnt mind seeing an all AMD DTR. Probably wont though, they need to put in some effort on mobile DTR as the last "serious" effort AMD made was that MSi travesty that had the A10 and 7970m with the crappy chipset that couldnt even handle SSD's all that well.

Honestly though even if its smaller than a X170/P870 type scenario I wouldnt mind something like the 5800X3D especially for getting your foot back into the performance end of the market, let people focus on putting more power into the GPU as a first step. Would it be lovely to see them hit a home run on both CPU/GPU? of course but practically speaking their support on mobile has been iffy. Best to keep expectations practical in scope.

• Thumb Up 3