NotebookTalk

Grand Theft Auto GTA Thread

Hertzian56

I was thinking that it would be good to have a thread dedicated to one of the largest vg franchises of all time. This is for any and all GTA stuff you want to post. I'll start off by with the official R* homepage.

https://www.rockstargames.com/

Here's a link to some news on GTA6, unofficial of course. Taken right off the top of a google search.

https://www.gamesradar.com/gta-6-release-date-news-trailers-map-gameplay-rumours/

My understanding of 6 is that it will be in the South Florida region, thus continuing the regions used in the first trilogy. NYC, Socal and South Florida. It would actually be nice to get a different region say NOLA, UK, Europe, S. America etc but looks like RS is sticking to its guns.

My favorites of the original 3D (NON-Remake) trilogy go like this. 1. San Andreas, amazing game still fun to play 2. Vice City, great music and Miami Vice tie ins. 3. Liberty City, this was HUGE when I was in college, had some grad friends who were WAY into this and got me into it(they were into one of the Quakes too in LAN lol)

My favorites of the current trilogy are: GTA4, gritty dark story that jives w the GTA genre, SP focused, great DLC's, detailed gameplay, more realistic car handling. GTAV is also an amazing game, having lived in Socal it really feels like it, incredible graphics that are very efficient hardware-wise, NOT a fan of the online stuff, MUCH better controls and general QOL than 4, Action movie story, really cool character switching, NO SP focused DLC ever released, MODS!

Can't comment on the original 3D trilogy remakes, never got them.

The original 2D games I never played but I did have some cousins that were into it way before GTA blew up, watched them play it around 1998.

• Thanks 1

@Hertzian56I bought a bunch of people games and apps.....your next

any older games or apps ect that you want but just don't want to pull the trigger, as in you figure it's probably not worth it

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled

9 hours ago, ryan said:

@Hertzian56I bought a bunch of people games and apps.....your next

any older games or apps ect that you want but just don't want to pull the trigger, as in you figure it's probably not worth it

Thanks for the offer. Nothing comes to mind I'm kind of peaked right now, I'll let you know though.

• Thumb Up 1

Loved the inclusion of bicycles in GTAV since I'm an exploration geek, it was a great way to explore without a lot of car/bike noise and limited to drivable areas, you could really get into and out of tight places that looked really interesting to explore which were not used in the SP game at all. I also thought the underwater was cool but too slow to move around in to want to explore much. 

• Thumb Up 1

I still have yet to install GTA5, maybe I should finish RDR2 first.

[Draupnir] 5600X | EVGA 3080 | Asus B550-I Strix | 32GB 3600@CL16 2C/2R | 2 x WD SN750 | NZXT H1 V2 | Custom back panel with 2x140mm | Win 11 Pro

[Sleipnir] MacBook Pro 16 | M1 Max | 32GB | 1TB

[Munnin] LG Gram 17 | i7-8565U | 16GB | 2 x 512GB SSD | Fedora 38

Both amazing games, I'm glad they were so far apart because they're the type of games that become exclusive play. Went back to GTAV a couple years ago just for all the mods, perma-install like RDR2. RDR2 not as much to go back for other than just to see the amazing graphics and maybe catch a missed random encounter or non-story mission. I have some QOL mods for RDR2 like call horse from any distance etc

I've played every GTA mainstream game out there since the first game and i still play GTA V from time to time but only single player because online is nothing but a cheater's paradise. San Andreas is still my favorite GTA game and people still play it because of Multiplayer mods like MTA and SA-MP.

I dont know if im going to buy GTA VI because Rockstar/Take two lost my respect over the years especially with the latest cashgrabs they've been doing, Plus the main people who worked on the GTA series and RDR are gone now.

• Thumb Up 1

Current Laptop:

Lenovo Legion 5: AMD Ryzen 7 4800H 2.8Ghz (Boost: 4.2Ghz), 6GB Nvidia Geforce GTX 1660Ti GDDR6 Memory, 15.6" FHD (1920 x 1080) 144Hz IPS display, 32GB 3200MHz DDR4 memory, 512GB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD, 1 TB Teamgroup MP34 M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD, Windows 10 Home 22H2

Yeah it definitely concerns me as a SP only guy, RS obviously has focused on online for almost a decade now afa GTA series and I just don't have interest in GTA as an online focused game. As an older gamer I don't care for the typical online community and it doesn't seem like it would be great for casual players, also I just don't need to get more addicted and spend more time on vg's.

I'm pretty sure the SP story will be lengthy in 6 though but going off of the DLC for 5 it looks like it will be shallow type heist stuff and pay for better specs, no thanks. It was nice when we just got a full game finished like everything before 4. 4 at least had DLC that was SP focused and had depth to it although I really wish they would have just had a complete merged edition instead of the complete version where you have to start each DLC separately, maybe that's where they got the character switching idea for 5 because it would have been a way to have a 4 complete and merged edition. Maybe if they do a 4 remake they'll do that who knows.

gta is just one of those games you permanently install....I almost beat it but iv'e installed it on like 5 laptops and keep it there its just that good....do you guys know of a great mod to install?

• Like 1

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled

2 hours ago, ryan said:

gta is just one of those games you permanently install....I almost beat it but iv'e installed it on like 5 laptops and keep it there its just that good....do you guys know of a great mod to install?

Well I like simple mods that are just dragndrop and it,s been a year or more since i loaded it up tbh. Some of the fan made missions were pretty cool, not too deep usually but entertaining. There,s a major LCPD mod thats supposed to be quality. I liked the bodyguard one, you can pick npcs from a list and load them up for a nice rampage, even during mission replays. Of course fan made cars are cool. More races etc There,s a whole website that just has mods you can browse it doesnt require registration either just straight dl, gtav-mods.com or something like that.

• Like 1

Oh sorry I had the wrong address, here's the one I used, way easier than nexus, https://www.gta5-mods.com/

Forgot about menyoo pc trainer, some hilarious options in there. Zombie stuff supposed to be pretty good, NPC riot mode etc I've read the spider man one is cool, not my thing. They seem to have a few superhero mods.

The space one is supposed to be cool if an astronaut sim is interesting to you, but those types are usually really involved install or add a lot of GB to the game which I just don't have on my ssd, it's somewhere around 90gb already.

And the police one is LSPD which is almost a standalone police game inserted into the existing world, again just not enough room for it. https://www.lcpdfr.com/lspdfr/index/

http://grandtheftspace.com/#!/downloadsPage

On 3/21/2022 at 7:09 PM, Hertzian56 said:

Both amazing games, I'm glad they were so far apart because they're the type of games that become exclusive play. Went back to GTAV a couple years ago just for all the mods, perma-install like RDR2. RDR2 not as much to go back for other than just to see the amazing graphics and maybe catch a missed random encounter or non-story mission. I have some QOL mods for RDR2 like call horse from any distance etc

I've had RDR2 installed for a really long time, I'll probably get back to playing that once I finishd AC:Valhalla. I think I only got in maybe 15-20 hours into RDR2.

• Thumb Up 1

[Draupnir] 5600X | EVGA 3080 | Asus B550-I Strix | 32GB 3600@CL16 2C/2R | 2 x WD SN750 | NZXT H1 V2 | Custom back panel with 2x140mm | Win 11 Pro

[Sleipnir] MacBook Pro 16 | M1 Max | 32GB | 1TB

[Munnin] LG Gram 17 | i7-8565U | 16GB | 2 x 512GB SSD | Fedora 38

1 hour ago, hfm said:

I've had RDR2 installed for a really long time, I'll probably get back to playing that once I finishd AC:Valhalla. I think I only got in maybe 15-20 hours into RDR2.

I love western themed games, they're relatively rare especially big open world ones so it was a must play. Another great western game is an older one but still great, shooting gallery with a fun story, Call of Juarez: Gunslinger.  I got burned out on AC games after almost a year of Origins and Odyssey both perma installs still fun to play.

• Thumb Up 1

Was playing a bit of GTAV lately, still an amazing game and I just have vanilla graphics still looks great to me. I've seen some of those graphics packs and they would be great to have but I'm hesitant with such a large install since so much can go wrong. I tried a reshade in GTA4 a while back which was a pretty easy dragndrop install and it nuked the game, wouldn't start up anymore, so I thought all I'd need to do is delete the files, didn't work it still nuked it, had to reinstall and that's only about 15-20gb game, a 90gb game would be a terrible to have to reinstall not to mention the mods I have installed and working.

1 hour ago, ryan said:

has anyone checked out the remasters? thoughts?

They're not good at all and its only a grabcash imo.

The gameplay is mostly the same, Most of the songs are not in the game anymore because of copyrights reasons and I dont know if they fixed the lack of fog in GTASA or not.

• Thumb Up 1
  • Thanks 1

Current Laptop:

Lenovo Legion 5: AMD Ryzen 7 4800H 2.8Ghz (Boost: 4.2Ghz), 6GB Nvidia Geforce GTX 1660Ti GDDR6 Memory, 15.6" FHD (1920 x 1080) 144Hz IPS display, 32GB 3200MHz DDR4 memory, 512GB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD, 1 TB Teamgroup MP34 M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD, Windows 10 Home 22H2

The largest benefit I could see would be the better controls and native 6 axis camera. Graphics looked better overall from the videos I saw. Since they've been out forever I already had the original pc ones perma installed with mods that give me the camera/controls, not interested in them just for graphics. They're also way smaller install size etc

just wondering if we will see gta 6 this decade....its been like 9 years and they released it for xbox 360 then one now series x......just stupid

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled

Well from the gamesradar link in the first post(which has a newest comment from a year ago so it's also outdated) it's way overdue, they extrapolated from previous games and it should have been sometime in 2020(extrapolation is WAY abused in all sorts of statistical and scientific theories, "facts" and "laws" btw).

They have some info on Oct 2023 but it's mostly speculation. That online goldmine seems to have led to the long gap and the neglect of single player aspects in GTAV for years. I think GTAV Online could keep going like CS:GO, they might never  follow through on any other GTA topline game again. Many gamers now are largely into online only games and it's a constant income stream so from a business standpoint it makes sense to continue that way. It might take a huge fall off of GTAVO to get the push for a new topline GTA. Seems like it would take years more to get it to that breaking point and they keep releasing new online story content to keep it going. Maybe a new series of online large open world crime drama which bleeds off GTAO players could get them going, it's possible from the way the business is now, all buyouts and just a few large syndicates with tons of money to do it. But starting from scratch would also take years for them. I've not heard of anything, but I'm not super up on vg news.

They'd be competing with their own IP with a separate new topline GTA game, from some things I heard years ago it makes sense to just have a whole new online city/story line linked/extended to/from 5(duly upgraded graphically etc) so it just becomes one large online game instead of including any standalone SP experience, (which would be a hard pass for me, SP only). They would also keep all the players from GTAVO and just have the new game as an easy paid extension for them, minimal bleed from GTAVO. Also the expectations players would have now for any new top level GTA would be hard to fulfill all at once so gradually upgrading via online features would soften the blow for RS's image. Thankfully there are so many games now that GTA isn't the whale it once was afa our choices of good and great games, especially sp games. Especially older gamers, I don't really feel the need for more GTA, the games so far are enough probably until I move on from vg's or drastically reduce play time to rule out something as large/involved as GTA. It would kind of feel weird playing a game where you shoot, rob, kill, drugs etc just for the fun of it as someone older, idk strange thing to ponder really.

• Thumb Up 1

On 3/31/2022 at 5:36 PM, ryan said:

just wondering if we will see gta 6 this decade....its been like 9 years and they released it for xbox 360 then one now series x......just stupid

Whenever they're tired of milking GTA Online to death lol.

They keep saying its under development and they made an official announcement about it a month ago but there no info about the game at all. I'll say 2024 at the least.

Current Laptop: