NotebookTalk

Grand Theft Auto GTA Thread

Hertzian56

i honestly think its coming out in 2022....a suprise release would be a revenue move that would generate the most money

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled

• 4 weeks later...

Looks like enhanced version of GTAV incoming sometime, makes sense they'll milk that thing until they move on or even keep going with a mega online game linking 5 and 6 etc I'm fairly positive that there will be an enhanced 4 at some point following the trend.

https://www.dsogaming.com/patches/grand-theft-auto-5-april-26th-update-adds-enhanced-edition-files-to-pc/

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Hertzian56 said:

Looks like enhanced version of GTAV incoming sometime, makes sense they'll milk that thing until they move on or even keep going with a mega online game linking 5 and 6 etc I'm fairly positive that there will be an enhanced 4 at some point following the trend.

https://www.dsogaming.com/patches/grand-theft-auto-5-april-26th-update-adds-enhanced-edition-files-to-pc/

Its the censorship update!.

Im still curious what updates they're going to add to the PC verison

• Thumb Up 1

Current Laptop:

Lenovo Legion 5: AMD Ryzen 7 4800H 2.8Ghz (Boost: 4.2Ghz), 6GB Nvidia Geforce GTX 1660Ti GDDR6 Memory, 15.6" FHD (1920 x 1080) 144Hz IPS display, 32GB 3200MHz DDR4 memory, 512GB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD, 1 TB Teamgroup MP34 M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD, Windows 10 Home 22H2

what I love most about gta v is the fact its basically a virtual country....I wish it was more like shenmue though in terms of exploring...like go into all buildings and pick up stuff collect stuff ect and would be neat if you could do more minute stuff make it more of a believable world....I must say though its been out for like 10 years and everytime I boot it up and do a little killing of cops and running from them its fun and always impresses me with all the little details.

• Thumb Up 1

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled

Yeah it could have had a lot more stuff like what was in San Andreas like the gym, I can't remember if it has the bowling alley etc minigames like 4 did. It does have the random stuff like 4 though, underwater treasure hunt, ufo pieces and other collectibles which I never followed through on since you can just look online as to what the story or prizes are when you get all of them. It has the taxi missions and side game and probably a lot others that I forgot or never even knew about lol.

Some mods let you drive the bus, train conductor, police like what I mentioned above, maybe airline pilot idk a ton out there.

• Like 1

yeah its crazy how many mods there is....god bless modders and the pc platform

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled

On 5/22/2022 at 4:23 AM, Hertzian56 said:

If it needs new CPUs and GPUs to run the game, its a major No-No for me. I'm satisfied with old one with mods and community fixes that made the old game playable on wide variety of devices from iGPU to dGPUs.

Anyone noticed CPU and GPU temps spiked to atrocious 90-95C  after Rockstar game launcher was updated. After restarting the game the temps went back to 60C on GTA 5 steam edition.

• Thumb Up 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Vasudev said:

If it needs new CPUs and GPUs to run the game, its a major No-No for me. I'm satisfied with old one with mods and community fixes that made the old game playable on wide variety of devices from iGPU to dGPUs.

Anyone noticed CPU and GPU temps spiked to atrocious 90-95C  after Rockstar game launcher was updated. After restarting the game the temps went back to 60C on GTA 5 steam edition.

It's just a UE5 showpiece really nothing to do with RS or San Andreas. I never got the remaster of San Andreas so couldn't say how it stacks up against this short, I don't know why RS would not use it's own engine for GTA6. TBH it doesn't look mind bendingly amazing but part of that could be that I don't have a 4k screen.

• Thumb Up 1
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Does anyone else notice how good GTA V is...Like its a virtual country and the amount of stuff you can do is overwhelming. I honestly almost beat the game but I had no idea you could play tennis and golf.....its like its 50 games in 1....Also the pedestrians have a schedule they actually go places and I find it amazing how this all looks with graphics mods..and lastly what game can be played for 10000000000000 hours this side of skyrim and not get boring....it never seems to get old racking up 4 stars and running away

• Thumb Up 1

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled

Yeah there is a lot to do there if you're into it, just the UFO parts takes forever even if you use a cheat map. I can't imagine finding just those collectibles during a normal playthrough. The letter scraps crime story was something I had no idea about until researching it more and then I used a cheat map, not enough time to waste on it. A ton more too. There are mods to change the npc schedules and have more npc/police confrontations separate from you. I also liked the racing stuff, particularly the dirt bike/offroad.

• Thumb Up 1

the red house, better chases+, various online missions packs for single players, don't trust the russians, single player apartments, family friendly free roaming(I think this removes a lot the the nasty language, not all though), menyoo trainer, the fathers stories, addon spawner, alebals huge missions pack. You're going to need a script hookv dot net, not too hard to figure out though. It would be awesome if RS would license the world so others could build games on it, same with RDR2 but that's not going to happen obviously. Too bad as I think it would be better than the UE stuff.

• Bump 1

• 3 weeks later...

thats dumb....I knew it was censorship as too why games are not all VR and photo realistic. its the absolute truth they dont want people desensitized. absolute fact coming from a guy that doesn't believe in absolute anything...almost a nihlist about it..

I tried the VR mod for gta 5 and yes its cool but yeah I can see why they want it down, having a kid play gta v in VR isn't very good for there morals.

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled

Lol yeah agree I wouldn't want to be that immersed in a crime simulator and many many many other games, they're good away on a screen for me. Might be kind of fun in non violent type of game or for light therapy and nature therapy.

Still the point is that if modders don't use any code from the game and don't add anything other than compatibility with a different device how can they just bully people with the threat of legal action which is so expensive that little guys would just have to give in. It's abuse.

• Like 1

On 7/7/2022 at 10:50 AM, Hertzian56 said:

https://www.dsogaming.com/news/take-two-attempts-to-take-down-the-vr-mods-for-red-dead-redemption-2-gta-5-mafia/

TT looks to be trying to get rid of the VR mods for it's games, even though the  mods didn't use any of the games code to work, this seems like blatant corporate bullying.

Not a surprise from Take Two. They been threatening to sue the Modding community for years especially when the GTA Trilogy remastered was released.

• Thumb Up 2

Current Laptop:

Lenovo Legion 5: AMD Ryzen 7 4800H 2.8Ghz (Boost: 4.2Ghz), 6GB Nvidia Geforce GTX 1660Ti GDDR6 Memory, 15.6" FHD (1920 x 1080) 144Hz IPS display, 32GB 3200MHz DDR4 memory, 512GB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD, 1 TB Teamgroup MP34 M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD, Windows 10 Home 22H2

• 3 weeks later...

Thought I'd just update this with some more info on GTV6 that dropped today. There's some official art there too.

"

The female, Latina protagonist of Grand Theft Auto VI will be part of a duo of main characters inspired by “Bonnie and Clyde,” Bloomberg reported on Wednesday. 

The game will take place in a fictionalized version of Miami and South Florida, according to the report. The last Grand Theft Auto game to take place in a fictionalized Miami was 2002’s “Vice City.” 

"

https://nypost.com/2022/07/27/grand-theft-auto-vi-to-have-female-hero-rein-in-racist-jokes/

• Thumb Up 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Hertzian56 said:

Thought I'd just update this with some more info on GTV6 that dropped today. There's some official art there too.

"

The female, Latina protagonist of Grand Theft Auto VI will be part of a duo of main characters inspired by “Bonnie and Clyde,” Bloomberg reported on Wednesday. 

The game will take place in a fictionalized version of Miami and South Florida, according to the report. The last Grand Theft Auto game to take place in a fictionalized Miami was 2002’s “Vice City.” 

"

https://nypost.com/2022/07/27/grand-theft-auto-vi-to-have-female-hero-rein-in-racist-jokes/

I was already thinking about not buying GTA VI because Rockstar is no longer the same company as before because of their actions for the last few years especially milking GTA Online to death and the failure of the remastered GTA trilogy and censoring certain jokes in the latest update of GTA V, but now im really not buying GTA VI as my favorite game series is now destroyed by the woke cult who most likely dont play GTA.

I dont mind a female protagonist but cutting out offensive jokes in a game series that makes fun of everyone and everything makes no sense because the offensive jokes and vulgar is part of the main formula of the entire series plus the game will be dull as hell. Its kinda funny though, committing violence to everyone including cops is ok but offensive jokes crosses the line........ Also calling the main character a female hero where everyone is a criminal in the GTA world lol.

• Thumb Up 2

Current Laptop:

5 hours ago, KING19 said:

I was already thinking about not buying GTA VI because Rockstar is no longer the same company as before because of their actions for the last few years especially milking GTA Online to death and the failure of the remastered GTA trilogy and censoring certain jokes in the latest update of GTA V, but now im really not buying GTA VI as my favorite game series is now destroyed by the woke cult who most likely dont play GTA.

I dont mind a female protagonist but cutting out offensive jokes in a game series that makes fun of everyone and everything makes no sense because the offensive jokes and vulgar is part of the main formula of the entire series plus the game will be dull as hell. Its kinda funny though, committing violence to everyone including cops is ok but offensive jokes crosses the line........ Also calling the main character a female hero where everyone is a criminal in the GTA world lol.

Yeah it's definitely odd how pc woke stuff applies to some dialogue etc but this whole game being mostly a crime simulator is fine. I mean they could have a toggle switch to turn off potentially offensive language, maybe a for broadcast version lol. I wish they had one for some words and expletives they use that I just don't want to hear. From the article there there was also nothing about the online component which is the most important to most players and of course RS.

I plan on skipping this series going forward because I'm played out on it frankly. GTAV was fun but I'm mostly a SP and it's just not the focus, maybe if they had a lower priced SP only version I'd consider it but that's unlikely, bundled like cable no thanks. I have no problem going back and replaying any of the 3d PC versions every once in a while if I get the urge. Like I've said I had a great time with San Andreas vanilla original with a couple of QOL mods a couple of years ago. 4 definitely could use a refresh for PC but I don't have much confidence in RS to do it well. Maybe the best hope is a remake and then mods to clean it up.

• Thumb Up 2

hey hertzian!! alotta love from me here. |remember the NBR days we had like 30 posts per day its died off here but im back and ill be trying to post enough to get some decent feedback from you and others so that maybe just maybe it ends up being as great as NBR. but we need more posts and more recent ones at that kinda hard advertising a forum with  like 1 post per day

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled

1 hour ago, ryan said:

hey hertzian!! alotta love from me here. |remember the NBR days we had like 30 posts per day its died off here but im back and ill be trying to post enough to get some decent feedback from you and others so that maybe just maybe it ends up being as great as NBR. but we need more posts and more recent ones at that kinda hard advertising a forum with  like 1 post per day

Yeah kinda wondered where you were. Oh idk this site seems to be more for very specific mega topics like benchmarking which I'm not into just for tweaking or scores and have no reason to do, my main system performs fine as is and slightly tweaked for my needs even if it's a turdbook. I only have the one main laptop system so all the desktop stuff isn't applicable either. Not as much of the old precision stuff which got me into NBR. I could post more on some threads but then I'd be the only one posting multiple times seems like, and that's not a good thing.

• Thumb Up 2