NotebookTalk

Grand Theft Auto GTA Thread

Hertzian56

Rockstar  takes their time for every game but when it comes they bring it! Its ok. Better to get a special experience then one full of buga and unfinished product like cyberpunk was😁

• Thumb Up 1

7950X3D| Zotac 4090 AMP Extreme Airo| MSI MPG B650 Edge Wifi| Lian Li Galahad 360 V2| 32GB Kingston Renegade RGBZ 6000|Kingston KC3000 2TB| Fury Renegade 2TB|Samsung 970 Evo 1TB| Lian Li O11 Dynamic Evo| Corsair HX1500i| Samsung Odyssey G9 Neo

Asus Zephyrus G15 (Ryzen 9 6900HS + RTX3080)

Oh for sure better to do that, but look at cp77 8 years lots of hype, unnecessary celeb, promise everything fall WELL short. So long dev time doesn't always equal best game. What was it 4 released 2008, V released 2013. GTA6 competing with a LOT more games almost certainly not as big as impact.

• Thumb Up 1

On 1/2/2023 at 1:32 PM, cylix said:

Rockstar  takes their time for every game but when it comes they bring it! Its ok. Better to get a special experience then one full of buga and unfinished product like cyberpunk was😁

Sadly Rockstar are no longer the same company as before. A lot of people who worked on GTA and RDR are gone like Dan Houser and Lazlow so GTA VI wont be as good as the previous ones especially the new direction they're going.

On 1/2/2023 at 2:29 PM, Hertzian56 said:

Oh for sure better to do that, but look at cp77 8 years lots of hype, unnecessary celeb, promise everything fall WELL short. So long dev time doesn't always equal best game. What was it 4 released 2008, V released 2013. GTA6 competing with a LOT more games almost certainly not as big as impact.

Yea, despite the long development time and hype it still ended up a buggy mess at release.

• Thumb Up 1

Current Laptop:

Lenovo Legion 5: AMD Ryzen 7 4800H 2.8Ghz (Boost: 4.2Ghz), 6GB Nvidia Geforce GTX 1660Ti GDDR6 Memory, 15.6" FHD (1920 x 1080) 144Hz IPS display, 32GB 3200MHz DDR4 memory, 512GB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD, 1 TB Teamgroup MP34 M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD, Windows 10 Home 22H2

47 minutes ago, KING19 said:

Sadly Rockstar are no longer the same company as before. A lot of people who worked on GTA and RDR are gone like Dan Houser and Lazlow so GTA VI wont be as good as the previous ones especially the new direction they're going.

Yea, despite the long development time and hype it still ended up a buggy mess at release.

Lol been so long I forgot about that, I don't think I got back into vgames(unfortunately tbh) until a few years after it was released. With cp77 modders have done so much to make it better, all megacorps care about really is the initial profits fix it later on. And the high/ultra settings crowd is the most vocal since they paid a ton to have their setups, cp77 on release had a 1650 low/med settings didn't have any problems or very minor ones.

• 2 weeks later...

I saw a lighting mod and I wonder if it will ever release. im willing to pay for it as it makes GTA V look closer to real life than Iv'e seen

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled

• 1 month later...

Fired up GTAV after a couple of years and it's still a masterpiece, obviously with modern equipment you can crank this up and it's even more alive world that looks great. Of course the random npcs look just ok, nothing close to cp77 but that's really all that's needed and then you can have tons of them with little perf impact. I have tons of mods too. Looks great locked to 60 for convenience. I didn't have time to delve more than an hour or so though may get back into it. Thinking of dl a 100% save and then starting a new game, I'm not sure if it has NG+ or not. I'm sure at some distant point it will get a remaster w all the effects and dlss etc

The delay to 6 was because of RDR2 which is also an open world masterpiece, and I'm gearing up to fire that up again after a year or so. I moved it to an SSD and dled a lot of mods, mostly QOL stuff. One of the best ones I found was turning off the chore housekeeping garbage of horse feeding, player feeding core stuff, hair not growing etc It's not one mod but a few of them.

I've been going through a few old non-uninstall games like ACody, I have dxvk in there and it really helped with the lows, now it doesn't go down to 30s anymore stays 50s and it's locked to 60 max like all my games via NCP. Average FPS is 60 and it's stable now. I had problems with terrible flicker and narrowed it down to making sure Vsyc was turned on, I've come to the conclusion that turning it off in most games results in higher fps and much zippier but in this one, which after 6 years still has denuvo, it's a must for me to not have screen flickering.

• Thumb Up 1

according to this man and others gta VI is complete they are just polishing it now....very exciting news...looks like we could have GTA VI in a few months

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled

Absolutely believe it, the game's too huge to not be mostly done just polishing up by now. It will be interesting to see what they do with the ATM called GTA-5-online though. I remember Techland was still adding things/events to DL1 until DL2 came out but that was never the open cash register that GTAO is. Worth it to them to keep actively going with it at a lower cost than 6 online?

Maybe they stick to SP only for a few months in 6 then phase in online for that and phase out 5 online new content just maintenance.

I DK but I honestly believe this will be video game history. the best game ever made and will rock our socks. Im super excited and know they won't let us down as when have they? never....even the flop vice city was amazing

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled

A lot of people think vice city was the best one of the first 3d trilogy, it certainly did have the music and references there and main character was voiced by ray liotta with other celeb voices, which 3 didn't have at all, an appearance by a trump figure etc It's better than gta3 but San Andreas the best of that trilogy imo. Vice City did have the best soundtrack though, 80s music. I kind of liken it to the whole fallout popular opinion, Everyone says FNV is the best and it's good but so is FO3 and FO4 is put down which I played the most by far, most modern and easiest to pick up my fav of them with FNV second.

I guess this is the final form of GTA, NYC--CA--S Florida in various orders. Three kinda awful places tbh and heavy tribester areas. I know that some of the smaller spinoffs had different locales though, seems like they could have done a London location pretty easily. Chicago fits in there too. Woulda been cool to have a whole game focused on SF or Vegas, like whole map just the city but REALLY detailed and packed with content like Yakuza locations esp Kamurocho.

Unless 6 has a smaller stand alone SP I'm going to skip it, not interested in 200gb size that I can access 100gb of and the rest is for online or 4k textures I'm not going to use at all.  I mean I bet 5 just the map and single player available stuff is a lot smaller than the whole thing bundled with forced online (and 4k textures) but locked in SP content. Rather just go through Vice City up to 5 replays or other games.

• Thumb Up 1

On 2/25/2023 at 11:03 AM, ryan said:

according to this man and others gta VI is complete they are just polishing it now....very exciting news...looks like we could have GTA VI in a few months

You shouldnt take info from random clickbait youtubers seriously. If the game was coming out soon they would release mulitiple trailers about it by now like past GTA games. The fact they havent release any trailers nor release any reliable information about the game as of yet besides the leaks shows that the game isnt coming out anytime soon probably 2024 or 2025 at the latest.

On 2/25/2023 at 2:37 PM, Hertzian56 said:

Absolutely believe it, the game's too huge to not be mostly done just polishing up by now. It will be interesting to see what they do with the ATM called GTA-5-online though. I remember Techland was still adding things/events to DL1 until DL2 came out but that was never the open cash register that GTAO is. Worth it to them to keep actively going with it at a lower cost than 6 online?

Maybe they stick to SP only for a few months in 6 then phase in online for that and phase out 5 online new content just maintenance.

Who knows at this point. They're so tight lipped about the game which is strange for Rockstar, you would expect a few trailers about the game at this point. We're almost to the 10th anniversary of GTA V. Personally im not hyped about GTA VI at all, No Lazlow nor Dan Houser, major people of the GTA series and the rumored lack of satire in GTAVI from news sites before. The game is still going to sell well because its GTA. I doubt many people who still plays GTA Online are going to switch over quickly especially people who uses FiveM (GTA V MP mod)

• Thumb Up 1

Current Laptop:

Lenovo Legion 5: AMD Ryzen 7 4800H 2.8Ghz (Boost: 4.2Ghz), 6GB Nvidia Geforce GTX 1660Ti GDDR6 Memory, 15.6" FHD (1920 x 1080) 144Hz IPS display, 32GB 3200MHz DDR4 memory, 512GB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD, 1 TB Teamgroup MP34 M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD, Windows 10 Home 22H2

Yeah for sure, just not the same standout, an avalanche of quality games out there and not much is better than 5 open world crime simulator really. I mean other than story, locale etc they pretty much have perfected the 3d open world game on a 2d screen, idk if they have VR but what pyscho wants GTA VR or really any crime/macabre type of game. It's just a variation on it with better graphics added onto it.

It can be mostly done but the polishing and such could take a year or two, not mutually exclusive. Here's hoping they do similar to RDR2 Online which is separate and really GaaS based, can skip that altogether and just do the SP story. 4 was great because it was a gritty dark story and also had some SP DLC, doubt we'll get any real DLC in the online GaaS age.

I would take him with a grain of salt but after watching like 10 or 15 videos on GTA VI they are all saying the game may be done and they are just polishing it at this point. it was just a reference point.  Even if it isn't coming out in 2023 im still excited and don't mind a 2024 release so long as its polished and just as good as san andreas and gta V

interesting video. I suppose most of you know this but I was suprised as I haven't booted up gta IV in a long time

• Thumb Up 2

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled

7 hours ago, ryan said:

I would take him with a grain of salt but after watching like 10 or 15 videos on GTA VI they are all saying the game may be done and they are just polishing it at this point. it was just a reference point.  Even if it isn't coming out in 2023 im still excited and don't mind a 2024 release so long as its polished and just as good as san andreas and gta V

interesting video. I suppose most of you know this but I was suprised as I haven't booted up gta IV in a long time

I played GTAIV on my laptop a year ago and it runs well maxed out but it still stutters at times because its still badly optimized. You also need add commandline.txt in the game folder to avoid the 512MB graphic memory limit with modern GPUs.

• Like 1

Current Laptop:

Been a while since I played 4 either, I still have the physical discs for EFLC both DLCs lol Yeah not the best optimized I stuck with 107 rather than the complete version because for the complete you have to start each dlc w a separate exe kinda dumb. Why they didn't make it organic in game w one exe is crazy.

Now there's a title that could use just a lite refresh for modern equipment, heck they could (and probably would) just steal a few mods and be done. Just not quite as easy to use GUI imo and needs a reshade of some sort, this game is what got me off of reshades though, installed one and it bricked my install and even after I went through and systematically deleted the reshade still bricked it, thankfully 4 main story is only like 18gb. No way I'm trying reshade with 50gb+ games. CP77 thankfully has a few NON reshade adjustments to the games LUT file to get a nice clean de-greenized look. RDR2 does not have similar options available though, washed out looking a lot of the time, blurry TAA, etc

• Thumb Up 1

• 1 month later...

Did you guys see the San Andreas remake in ue5..holy smokes does it look good. Highly recommend you look it up on you tube. No spoilers here

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled

• 4 months later...

There was just a big gta 6 leak and 2 hours after I can't find it. But from what one guy said it's going to be using a next gen engine and have as close to photo realistic graphics as has ever been created. Doesn't surprise me as even gta 4 has held up and gta 5 is still a good looking and even after 5 billions hours fun.

Also if someone finds the content feel free to share !!

apparently next month we get an anouncement.

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled

• 2 months later...

It's Official. First week of December we will get the trailer for GTA VI!!😁

https://twitter.com/RockstarGames/status/1722237703553798312?t=Lm5mbecO5wvQB0eNTcdBnA&s=19

• Thumb Up 1
  • Like 1

7950X3D| Zotac 4090 AMP Extreme Airo| MSI MPG B650 Edge Wifi| Lian Li Galahad 360 V2| 32GB Kingston Renegade RGBZ 6000|Kingston KC3000 2TB| Fury Renegade 2TB|Samsung 970 Evo 1TB| Lian Li O11 Dynamic Evo| Corsair HX1500i| Samsung Odyssey G9 Neo

• 4 weeks later...

ITS HERE 😄

• Like 1
  • Bump 2

48 minutes ago, cylix said:

ITS HERE 😄

dude wtf, almost 50 million views inside 9 hours 😄 i think ppl are excited? hahaha

• Thumb Up 3

Mine: Hyperion "Titan God of Heat, Heavenly Light, Power" (2022-24)
AMD Ryzen 9 7950X (custom TG IHS) / Asus ROG Crosshair X670E Extreme / MSI Geforce RTX 4090 Suprim X / Teamgroup T-Force Delta RGB DDR5-8200 2x24 GB / Seagate Firecuda 530 4 TB / 5x Samsung 860 Evo 4 TB / Arctic Liquid Freezer II 420 (Push/Pull 6x Noctua NF-A14 IndustrialPPC-3000 intake) / Seasonic TX-1600 W Titanium / Phanteks Enthoo Pro 2 TG (3x Arctic P12 A-RGB intake / 4x Arctic P14 A-RGB exhaust / 1x Arctic P14 A-RGB RAM cooling) / Samsung Odyssey Neo G8 32" 4K 240 Hz / Ducky One 3 Daybreak Fullsize Cherry MX Brown / Corsair M65 Ultra RGB / PDP Afterglow Wave Black

My Lady's: Clevo NH55JNNQ "Alfred" (2022-24)
Sharp LQ156M1JW03 FHD matte 15.6" IGZO 8 bit @248 Hz / Intel Core i5 12600 / Nvidia Geforce RTX 3070 Ti / Mushkin Redline DDR4-3200 2x32 GB / Samsung 970 Pro 1 TB / Samsung 870 QVO 8 TB / Intel AX201 WIFI 6+BT 5.2 / Win 11 Pro Phoenix Lite OS / 230 W PSU powered by Prema Mod!

i had high expectations. I was expecting gta v level graphics and less density bigger size. looks like they are going the route I was not expecting. looks super dense and detailed and witha great story as usual. incredible im super excited.

• Thumb Up 2

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled

i admit im not a big GTA fan, i was rather old school and totally hooked into the OG GTAs of old with the birdview perspective:

image.thumb.png.0f15eec06ad83505a4abb8980f43282a.png

and yes i know ive now outed myself as OLD but thats ok hahaha 😛 

nevertheless im looking forward to all the "hidden lore" storylines in GTA VI, i thoroughly enjoyed watching the summary videos on the alien / bigfoot / mount chilliad of GTA V on yt 🙂 

• Thumb Up 3
  • Bump 2

Mine: Hyperion "Titan God of Heat, Heavenly Light, Power" (2022-24)
AMD Ryzen 9 7950X (custom TG IHS) / Asus ROG Crosshair X670E Extreme / MSI Geforce RTX 4090 Suprim X / Teamgroup T-Force Delta RGB DDR5-8200 2x24 GB / Seagate Firecuda 530 4 TB / 5x Samsung 860 Evo 4 TB / Arctic Liquid Freezer II 420 (Push/Pull 6x Noctua NF-A14 IndustrialPPC-3000 intake) / Seasonic TX-1600 W Titanium / Phanteks Enthoo Pro 2 TG (3x Arctic P12 A-RGB intake / 4x Arctic P14 A-RGB exhaust / 1x Arctic P14 A-RGB RAM cooling) / Samsung Odyssey Neo G8 32" 4K 240 Hz / Ducky One 3 Daybreak Fullsize Cherry MX Brown / Corsair M65 Ultra RGB / PDP Afterglow Wave Black

My Lady's: Clevo NH55JNNQ "Alfred" (2022-24)
Sharp LQ156M1JW03 FHD matte 15.6" IGZO 8 bit @248 Hz / Intel Core i5 12600 / Nvidia Geforce RTX 3070 Ti / Mushkin Redline DDR4-3200 2x32 GB / Samsung 970 Pro 1 TB / Samsung 870 QVO 8 TB / Intel AX201 WIFI 6+BT 5.2 / Win 11 Pro Phoenix Lite OS / 230 W PSU powered by Prema Mod!

oh your not old. I remember gta 1 and 2 in school i think i was in grade 7 or 8. was fun going to the computer room and messing around. who needs school right. i think i turned out just fine picking gta over education when i was young. lol. joking oh the pain

• Haha 2

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled

On 12/5/2023 at 3:26 AM, jaybee83 said:

dude wtf, almost 50 million views inside 9 hours 😄 i think ppl are excited? hahaha

Probably by bots lol. Personally i think the game itself will be a disappointment as i stated before in my earlier posts but i hope i am proven wrong!. I want to them to improve the gameplay by bringing back the car physics from GTA IV especially car crashes, More open buildings and places to explore, Bring back the body system from GTASA, Home robberies, vigilante missions, and etc.

13 hours ago, jaybee83 said:

i admit im not a big GTA fan, i was rather old school and totally hooked into the OG GTAs of old with the birdview perspective:

image.thumb.png.0f15eec06ad83505a4abb8980f43282a.png

and yes i know ive now outed myself as OLD but thats ok hahaha 😛 

nevertheless im looking forward to all the "hidden lore" storylines in GTA VI, i thoroughly enjoyed watching the summary videos on the alien / bigfoot / mount chilliad of GTA V on yt 🙂 

The OG GTA games was great!. The games themselves were pretty difficult to play but fun and somehow i beat them both when i was kid, good memories besides the bus mission in the first game where you keep the bus at 50mph like the movie speed or you'll die.

Also this mission was the most gruesome back then

• Like 1

Current Laptop: