NotebookTalk

Grand Theft Auto GTA Thread

Hertzian56

yeah im back only threads that are really alive are benchmarking and alienware sub topics

but yeah im going to lure some people here and see if the match lights the proverbial gas lol.....boom

hopefully we can make this a bit more engaging and have more people with more comments

@Recieverhonestly if you liked san adreas and you probably did gta v takes it like 12 steps further, well written story and fun to play with decent graphics and a world that feels alive..i think your due to at least check it out...or not...

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled

• 4 weeks later...

does anyone have info on gta VI?

also, I noticed in GTA the diversity of the enviroments are truely impressive, I can literally play this game forever. I enjoy the fact I can do in this game what I can do in real life! wait no mis typed lol.....but yeah seriously enjoy dip ins and dip outs with this game. @Hertzian56do you know why GTA VI is taking so long been like 10 years

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled

I'm guessing money, that online thing is just a license to print it, why bother working too hard on a new game when the old one makes so much. I also think RDR2 got in the way as well, so gta6 wasn't given the focus that it needed. From what I remember there was some drama at the studio too. Pretty amazing how nice gtav still looks and the world is so alive, add in mods for everything and it's still going strong.

Playing cyberpunk just shows how much more alive the whole world in gtav is, once you go to certain areas of cp77 it's dead and there's just not as much to do besides the police stuff after you do the available stuff. It's all ground based, no flying, no boats, no diving etc etc etc no mission maker from what I can see limited mods are mostly cosmetic and qol.

yeah I really appreciate your input as your a NBR VET. but like why make people wait when even if it flopped they would prob still make 100s of millions or billions.....gta V is probably the most profitable game this side of WOW. have you ever followed a NPC around to see what they do? I have! they have a huge cycle everyone of them. it is utterly amazing.

what do you want to see in GTA VI

• Thumb Up 1

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled

Its real, Rockstar/Take Two confirms the leak/hack and are taking down any videos that people uploaded of GTA VI's gameplay including the ones you've posted. I saw some of the videos yesterday, most likely its a pre-alpha build from years ago and also people said that the hacker got the source code too. Also it confirms female protagonist from the article

What a disaster, I never heard of any AAA game company that allows a hacker to get the codes and footage on any game that is current under development. At first i thought it was a angry fired employee who did this because its a common thing that happens with big companies. Then again i dont feel sorry for them because Rockstar/Take Two are no longer the same company they used to be and the people who worked on the GTA series and the RDR series left years ago.

Current Laptop:

Lenovo Legion 5: AMD Ryzen 7 4800H 2.8Ghz (Boost: 4.2Ghz), 6GB Nvidia Geforce GTX 1660Ti GDDR6 Memory, 15.6" FHD (1920 x 1080) 144Hz IPS display, 32GB 3200MHz DDR4 memory, 512GB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD, 1 TB Teamgroup MP34 M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD, Windows 10 Home 22H2

Yeah noticed within a couple hours of posting the first one was dmca by tt guess I should have watched more bc it wasn't too exciting or any better looking than v is. 6 has a lot more competition and a lot more games to compete with, sure it will sell like hotcakes at first but probably a big drop off, more milking of the online for another decade. Going to lose a lot of us for good I think. And you can bet the sjw wokeness is going to be made mandatory in the story and other places. Only thing I'd look forward to from them would be more of the rdr series but again they inserted their politics into the last one as well, not looking good going forward. Most AAA games suck now, indies where it's at.

• Thumb Up 2

bro I have like 300 AAA gmaes I have yet to play and im afraid your right, I only play like 2 games....crysis and forza. I wish games got funner not better looking, as for indie I might have to look into some of them but gaming in its current state is sad given the fact im looking to play mario on a emulator....just sad

as for gta 6 I knew it would likely look like poop. I really hope its not an indicator of what it will look like...I was praying it would have the best graphics we have ever seen and well optimised..why because they are loaded with money.....and whats their excuse.

• Thumb Up 2

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled

It'll look better graphics wise when released I'm sure, probably not at max when these were made. A decade just too long to milk one title in a series and like cp77 people are going to expect near perfection after that long, even though RS is not as dumb as cpdr and their marketing blitz etc years before release.

It'd be nice if they had a separate single player only release that takes up less room locally and is priced lower, and I doubt any meaningful dlc will ever be released just the shallow stuff that's online only like 5. But customer satisfaction isn't any concern for these huge companies if it ever was.

• Thumb Up 2

On 9/21/2022 at 12:12 PM, Hertzian56 said:

It'll look better graphics wise when released I'm sure, probably not at max when these were made. A decade just too long to milk one title in a series and like cp77 people are going to expect near perfection after that long, even though RS is not as dumb as cpdr and their marketing blitz etc years before release.

It'd be nice if they had a separate single player only release that takes up less room locally and is priced lower, and I doubt any meaningful dlc will ever be released just the shallow stuff that's online only like 5. But customer satisfaction isn't any concern for these huge companies if it ever was.

Yea it would be nice. GTAV and RDR2 takes up way too much space for no reason and i dont even play the online mode anymore since they're filled with modders and cheaters. Cyberpunk before the 1.6 update was around 40-50GBs i think but after the 1.6 update it went up 67GBs. Companies stopped listening to customers a long time ago and they gonna milk GTAVI online to death like V. I hope it flops since Rockstar/take two is no longer the same company they used to be and a lot of good people left like Dan Houser after RDR2.

Current Laptop:

Lenovo Legion 5: AMD Ryzen 7 4800H 2.8Ghz (Boost: 4.2Ghz), 6GB Nvidia Geforce GTX 1660Ti GDDR6 Memory, 15.6" FHD (1920 x 1080) 144Hz IPS display, 32GB 3200MHz DDR4 memory, 512GB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD, 1 TB Teamgroup MP34 M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD, Windows 10 Home 22H2

• 2 weeks later...

GTA V..great game/funner with mods/even funner taking mods online? fun for you not so fun for others

I think we can all agree you could complain about any game to any degree, but with a game like GTAV and RDR2 it's alot harder to do as they don't have any equivalents. GTA V is simply massive and dense with tons of things to do. maybe even unlimited with all the mods available. its funny hearing you say I hope its not like GTA V....lol..I sure hope earth doesnt become one giant paradise like the garden of eden...lol..bro I know you just tossed it out there but cmon what game are we comparing it to? tw3?

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled

• 4 weeks later...

it looks like GTA VI will be based off of vice city map wise.  And after it releases in 2024-2025 it will gain the option of adding maps making it last longer aka over 10 years ugh. Just give us GTA VI already

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I think in the 3nd gta 6 will be the poop meng. One of the biggest budgets with some of the best designers and programmers. I'm sure the odds of it being awesome are greater than 99 percent chance

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled

I wish they'd put a character creator in there but obviously the story probably has some tie into that that would make it a bit odd with voice work and such. But if these hypocrites were so interested in inclusion then it should not be a problem though, for instance someone with white skin who emigrated from South Africa is an African American here, but try to use that on a college application or other. Now I'm pretty sure many people have native american ancestry too, not sure that would work with aid of various kinds though, how much % is enough? Heck even some senator or congresswoman who is lily white claimed that on some college app or such got away with it I guess I didn' t follow up.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

saw this video they are now saying that gta VI will have so much to do it will take ages to beat completely much the same way gta v was....really exciting..when it drops in 2044 it will be exciting to play

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled

Probably get 25% of what he's talking about in SP, 6 will be a MP online focused game I bet, so I could see all that being in there with other real players inserting more variability. I bet the gang stuff will be in there like SA. A lot more AI random stuff for sure. Be nice to get a separate SP only version that takes up less space and a MP add on to access all that other stuff. No hope of SP meaningful DLC though, kinda died with 4. I wouldn't want the need to eat, etc though maybe have a toggle for that. Didn't like the need to feed your horse, eat, shave, clean guns etc in RDR2 not fun imo.

• Haha 1

haha lol funny stuff.

yeah feeding a cow isnt my fortay so to speak. I know theres goat simulator and stuff but why push it in a game thats basically a crime simulator. 

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled

why the heck doesnt RS buy and use this mod...win win for everyone I thought it was real like actually a real video not a game...first time I have seen gta v look so good

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled

yeah such a difference with 5 and cp77 totally believable population and traffic, in cp77 you go into a huge freeway exchange and it's almost empty if not empty, never be the case in a city that size. I get it most peoples cpu's just couldn't cope though. I've only ever seen it with medium or low crowd setting and even have a mod that bumps up the crowd/traffic on all settings. 

I think the graphical compromises that 5 makes are ideal, 77 went graphics quality heavy but needed a smaller world imo, stories not long/big enough and not enough to do unlike 5 with 3 characters with individual stories and a larger overarching story and tons more to do. CP77 needed a GTA4 NYC, even just the manhattan part, sized world, more populated and detailed areas. Yakuzas 0-6 never needed a gigantic area with whole regions to it and has more meaningful fun gameplay than cp77 if you really get into it. More handcrafted detailed.

• Thumb Up 1

I just hope we get GTA VI this decade. not sure why they think gta v is so good they can wait 10 years

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled