Jump to content
NotebookTalk

Talon

Member
  • Posts

    683
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    27

Everything posted by Talon

  1. RTX 3050 Pee Shooter Results -- EVGA card with Gigabyte vBIOS for slightly higher TDP. Good enough for #1 with a stock 12900K lol. https://www.3dmark.com/spy/26066916 @Papusan When you build your Z690 Apex rig, this is NOT optional as the user manual may lead you to believe... I finally discovered why my shit was black screening/crashing under load randomly. I thought I had figured it out, but somehow after I returned from training it's reared it's ugly head again. I again swapped to a low power RTX 3050 card and crashing gone. Ran for hours no issues. I put my 3090 KPE back in and immediately crashed in almost any game. I lowered the power limit to 50% and played for hours. So it has to be PSU? I contacted EVGA this afternoon and they agreed PSU and issued me a cross shipped PSU. Upon further digging I notice my 12v rail is dropping to as low as 11.3v under load. WTF? Surely PSU then... Then I remembered when I built this rig that connection was something new. If you read the Asus manual quickly you may think this is only necessary to hook up when trying to utilize numerous PCIE cards. Nope read further and it says that unless you connect a GPU PCIE cable to this you will have issues with a stable 12v rail. After I connected this cable, 12v is rock stable and no more crashing randomly. What a ridiculous design that I've never seen before.
  2. Trident Z5 6400 CL32 delivered. XMP booted on my Hero board without issue. Stock run of AIDA64 is nice. Latency is still high but stock sucks, can't wait to see how high I can push these. The Samsung sticks were pretty garbage. These are confirmed SK Hynix as read out from CPU-Z on my sticks.
  3. Just picked up the 6400 CL32 sticks from G.Skill. Plan to keep the better of the Corsair SK Hynix vs the G.Skill stuff. Can't let @Papusan have all the fun. Edit: The old forums were there this early morning, and now officially dead. RIP. ☠️
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use