NotebookTalk

*Official Benchmark Thread* - Post it here or it didn't happen :D

Mr. Fox

2 hours ago, Mr. Fox said:

I am almost positive you are correct. He is an agenda-driven wolf in sheep's clothing and should not be trusted. His agenda is to convince consumers what is best for AMD (and hurtful to Intel) is best for consumers, even when it is not.

Yep, he and AMD has their own agenda. And you are correct.

But this below is good news for maybe slightly lower prices for mid range cards from Nvidia. 7800XT will be 100$ cheaper than 4070. And will kill Nvidia’s sales of the 4060Ti scam and eating of 4070 sales). Nvidia wants close to 500$ for 4060Ti@16GB cards. And 449$ AMD cards is on 4070 level performance level. 

l just hope AMD and their partners don’t screw up…. Their golden chance own the midrange Gpu market. 

https://videocardz.com/newz/amd-radeon-rx-7700-xt-reportedly-outperforms-radeon-rx-6800-in-3dmark-timespy

Btw. God news for us living in EU and Norway 

https://www.techspot.com/news/99982-windows-11-soon-open-all-links-default-browser.html

• Thumb Up 1
  • Like 2

"The Killer"  ASUS ROG Z790 Apex Encore | 14900KS | 4090 HOF + 20 other graphics cards | 32GB DDR5 | Be Quiet! Dark Power Pro 12 - 1500 Watt | Second PSU - Cooler Master V750 SFX Gold 750W (For total of 2250W Power) | Corsair Obsidian 1000D | Custom Cooling | Asus ROG Strix XG27AQ 27" Monitors |

Papusan @ HWBOTTeam PremaMod @ HWBOT | Papusan @ YouTube Channel

1 hour ago, Papusan said:

Yep, he and AMD has their own agenda. And you are correct.

But this below is good news for maybe slightly lower prices for mid range cards from Nvidia. 7800XT will be 100$ cheaper than 4070. And will kill Nvidia’s sales of the 4060Ti scam and eating of 4070 sales). Nvidia wants close to 500$ for 4060Ti@16GB cards. And 449$ AMD cards is on 4070 level performance level. 

l just hope AMD and their partners don’t screw up…. Their golden chance own the midrange Gpu market. 

While the raw performance of the 6900 XT is respectable for its generation as long as ray tracing is not utilized, I don't think I would hesitate to pay more for the NVIDIA card in the same performance range. They've gotten a whole lot better since my last AMD GPU more than a decade ago, but the day-to-day use of the 6900 XT is not a particularly pleasant experience. Aside from the text rendering issues in Micro$lop Office, there are other minor driver glitches that diminish the experience of owning an AMD GPU. For example, when I am desktop sharing in a business meeting, the rendering of things on my desktop have random issues. Ray tracing performance (as everyone knows) is terrible. Their drivers still suck and the little bugs like these are more than a little bit annoying. Things like these are something I do not remember ever having a reason to complain about with the Green Goblin's GPUs and drivers. This would cause me to think twice about saving a few bucks on a GPU from Team Red.

It is really good news for those benefitting from it, but it sucks for those that live elsewhere and have to put up with the Edge nonsense. Guilt needs no accuser, so their doing the right thing for the people of EU and Norway but not the rest of the world demonstrates they are NOT committed to doing what is right and that they only do the right thing when they are required to. In some ways it demonstrates what I complained about in my post on the last page. They are not our friends and they are not a good company, and they should not be trusted.

• Like 2

Wraith // Z790 Apex | 14900KF | 4090 Suprim X+Byksi Block | 48GB DDR5-8600 | Toughpower GF3 1650W | MO-RA3 360 | Hailea HC-500A || O11D XL EVO

Banshee // Z790 Apex Encore | 13900KS | 4090 Gaming OC+Alphacool Block | 48GB DDR5-8600 | RM1200x SHIFT | XT45 1080 Nova || Antec C8

Spectre // Z790i Edge | 14900KF | 3090 Ti FTW3 | 48GB DDR5-8200 | RM1000e | EK Nucleus CR360 Direct Die || Prime A21

Methuselah // X79 Rampage IV Gene | Xeon E5 1680V2 | 2080 Ti | 32GB DDR3-2400 | GameMax 850W | EK Nucleus CR360 Dark || Prime AP201

Half-Breed // Dell Precision 7720 | BGA CPU Filth+MXM Quadro P5000 | 4K Display | Sub-$500 Grade A Refurb | Nothing to Write Home About

Mr. Fox YouTube Channel | Mr. Fox @ HWBOT

The average response time for a 911 call is 10 minutes. The response time of a .357 is 1400 feet per second. 

1 hour ago, Mr. Fox said:

While the raw performance of the 6900 XT is respectable for its generation as long as ray tracing is not utilized, I don't think I would hesitate to pay more for the NVIDIA card in the same performance range. They've gotten a whole lot better since my last AMD GPU more than a decade ago, but the day-to-day use of the 6900 XT is not a particularly pleasant experience. Aside from the text rendering issues in Micro$lop Office, there are other minor driver glitches that diminish the experience of owning an AMD GPU. For example, when I am desktop sharing in a business meeting, the rendering of things on my desktop have random issues. Ray tracing performance (as everyone knows) is terrible. Their drivers still suck and the little bugs like these are more than a little bit annoying. Things like these are something I do not remember ever having a reason to complain about with the Green Goblin's GPUs and drivers. This would cause me to think twice about saving a few bucks on a GPU from Team Red.

It is really good news for those benefitting from it, but it sucks for those that live elsewhere and have to put up with the Edge nonsense. Guilt needs no accuser, so their doing the right thing for the people of EU and Norway but not the rest of the world demonstrates they are NOT committed to doing what is right and that they only do the right thing when they are required to. In some ways it demonstrates what I complained about in my post on the last page. They are not our friends and they are not a good company, and they should not be trusted.

Yep, I wouldn’t buy any of the AMD products (cpu or graphics) but cheaper options from AMD give us an chance to get cheaper Nvidia cards. If the performance vs prices is correct, I expect quite a few people will go and buy AMD graphics cards. One thing Nvidia hate is losing possible customers and money. 

And RT performance sucks on lower/Mid end SKUs so. Let nvidia bleed some money. They have the milking cow AI but loose money on chip’s they already have prepared/sent out for gamer cards is a good thing 🙂 

• Like 1
  • Bump 1

"The Killer"  ASUS ROG Z790 Apex Encore | 14900KS | 4090 HOF + 20 other graphics cards | 32GB DDR5 | Be Quiet! Dark Power Pro 12 - 1500 Watt | Second PSU - Cooler Master V750 SFX Gold 750W (For total of 2250W Power) | Corsair Obsidian 1000D | Custom Cooling | Asus ROG Strix XG27AQ 27" Monitors |

5 hours ago, Mr. Fox said:

Companies either do what is best for themselves at the expense of their customers, or they do what their customers expect in terms of product and quality delivery to ensure cashflow continues. To a great degree that is expected. The latter is appropriate and the companies that do that are what I would consider to be good companies and brands worth buying. Even if their intentions are self-serving and profit-driven, customers get what they want and deserve. It's a win-win scenario.

Do right by the customer. This should be the corporate first commandment, alas even if it actually is at some point, it tends to get dropped past certain market share. Hence the rarely properly fulfilled role of FTC et al to ideally prevent market abuse by monopolies. The problem is that's just too weak a mechanism - you are right, everything should start with the people and sadly people these days are less and less rational agents, and more and more becoming marionettes of big tech. Should this continue, and IMHO the trend will only accelerate with the big-tech controlled AIs doing people's thinking for them, the likely consequences are terrifying.

Lastly, and perhaps the most nefarious of all, we have companies like Micro$lop and Google who pretend they are giving things away for free to make the world a better place. When, in fact, they are lying and providing products at no charge, or extra-cheap, to facilitate the theft of personal information and data that should be illegal for them to collect. They pretend to be friendly and have philanthropic goals and ideals, conceal their intentions and work in collusion with governments and their host of appointed three-letter agencies that have Totalitarian aspirations for a world governed by fiat. But, that's OK. We accepted the EULA that gives them permission to commit crimes against the users of their products.

Indeed, Google is a great example of the subterfuge: the beautiful "Don't be evil" founding motto quickly got dropped once they zoomed past the monopoly milestone, and once the work on the evil stuff began at scale.

The old Microsoft, while predatory and featuring Gates who swindled quite a few people on his way to the PC market hegemony, arguably at one point (the 90s-early 2000s) played a positive role in bringing affordable powerful computing to the consumer. That Microsoft has been dying a painful to watch death since they decided they would rather become another Google, just overtly evil with a fair amount of stupid.

• Thumb Up 1
  • Like 2

"We're rushing towards a cliff, but the closer we get, the more scenic the views are."

-- Max Tegmark

AI: Major Emerging Existential Threat To Humanity

If this leaked info is accurate, I suspect it will be my next GPU.

• Thumb Up 5
  • Confused 1

Wraith // Z790 Apex | 14900KF | 4090 Suprim X+Byksi Block | 48GB DDR5-8600 | Toughpower GF3 1650W | MO-RA3 360 | Hailea HC-500A || O11D XL EVO

Banshee // Z790 Apex Encore | 13900KS | 4090 Gaming OC+Alphacool Block | 48GB DDR5-8600 | RM1200x SHIFT | XT45 1080 Nova || Antec C8

Spectre // Z790i Edge | 14900KF | 3090 Ti FTW3 | 48GB DDR5-8200 | RM1000e | EK Nucleus CR360 Direct Die || Prime A21

Methuselah // X79 Rampage IV Gene | Xeon E5 1680V2 | 2080 Ti | 32GB DDR3-2400 | GameMax 850W | EK Nucleus CR360 Dark || Prime AP201

Half-Breed // Dell Precision 7720 | BGA CPU Filth+MXM Quadro P5000 | 4K Display | Sub-$500 Grade A Refurb | Nothing to Write Home About

The average response time for a 911 call is 10 minutes. The response time of a .357 is 1400 feet per second. 

Hey fellas! Been busy with work and family and what not. Starfield early access dropped today! 

Playing right now on my 13900KS@6Ghz/DDR5 8600/RTX3090 KP 1KW bios OCed to the max. 

Game runs amazing at 4K and game defaulted to max graphics settings with 75% resolution slider. Getting about 57-80FPS during the first area in the caves, V-Sync forced off in my Nvidia control panel. No skips no pops or stutters at all etc. Very very nice performance! 

I considered ordering a RTX4080/4090 to have for this weekend to play. But honestly, I am stunned by this performance. Good enough for me. 

• Thumb Up 2
  • Bump 1

13900KF

1 hour ago, ryan said:

Wb. How is the game. 

The game is absolutely great so far! I have disabled dynamic resolution scaling and just run native 4K with FSR2 running around 48fps-50fps average. 

The game feels very well polished! While it is consistently demanding to run, it’s a story game, and it’s consistently smooth. No random frame drops. 

I am surprised to see something so large run so good on an early release. Skips and frame drops in a game distract me. Nice to see this is a great title right out of the gate, with none of that going on.

As for the game, it’s in-depth and lots to read and tons of things to miss while walking around. The exploring is good, and the shooting is also pretty good. “Much better shooting experience than Cyberpunk 2077” 

I’m still in the very very early parts of the game. 

@Talon @electrosoftyou guys playing this? Lol. I figure you would be. 

• Thumb Up 1

13900KF

12 hours ago, Papusan said:

Enjoy. Herkelman said no for 7600 and 7900 series but considered 12VHPWR connectors for 7700 and 7800 series AMD cards. Maybe he have read my many posts about fried 4090s and changed mind.

Here is a good reminder. I’m 100% sure Scott Herkelman is our old AMD friend HMSCOTT from old NBR. I even talked about this in pm with him right before he was banned from NBR. YUP, I’m 100% sure. And I mean I talked with you about this in pm in older days. 

Enjoy… https://www.club386.com/amd-confirms-radeon-rx-7800-xt-was-originally-designed-with-new-power-connector-in-mind/

See bro @Rage Set  I had correct from day one…. Scott goes on to rule out any change of power connectors for the time being, stating “Until this power issue is cleaned up and there’s good confidence it’s working correctly for end users, that’s where you’ll start to see us incorporate it into our planning.

I wonder when he changed his mind. After reading in the big web about how bad these power connectors was? I wrote a lot about it in different forums. And posted links to all failures as they popped up. I’m sure he has seen some of them.

I also knocked on Dell Alienware’s bossses feets in same way as for bad designed cablemod adapters. One after one. Azor, Gonzales, Umar and so on In forums and pm. And I’m sure they started hate me that time for my stubbornness and my hatred for junk. Now I don’t bother much with them anymore. Just let the stupids (consumers) buy their utter trashy cheapo junk. Maybe they deserve being screwed by trash company. But I pop up sometimes telling how bad their desktops are. That helps out on their sales, LOOL

Edit. The whole interview with Scott Herkelman (HMSCOTT)…, SH: We specifically, for 7900 Series, and even 7600, we didn’t plan on the new power cable, but 7800 and 7700 did have a plan for it. We removed it, and that was a purposeful removal. You shouldn’t blame end users for issues you have. You should catch and own any problems, just like we did with the vapour-chamber issue. I was all over social media because I felt like it was AMD’s problem and I was going to own it.

https://www.club386.com/scott-herkelman-qa-amd-radeon-boss-answers-your-burning-rx-7800-xt-questions/

Yep, they read social media and forums without people will know they was there. And don’t doubt they have seen some of my quality posts 🙂

12 hours ago, Mr. Fox said:

I am almost positive you are correct. He is an agenda-driven wolf in sheep's clothing and should not be trusted. His agenda is to convince consumers what is best for AMD (and hurtful to Intel) is best for consumers, even when it is not.

ok didnt see THAT one coming...how long has herkelman been the radeon graphics boss? all the way back to hmscott's beginnings at NBR?

If this leaked info is accurate, I suspect it will be my next GPU.

u sure about that? it would be roughly the perf. of a 4070 Ti, so maybe equivalent to a 5060 Ti released around the same time... thats pretty lowend for your standards 😋

• Thumb Up 2

Mine: Hyperion "Titan God of Heat, Heavenly Light, Power" (2022-24)
AMD Ryzen 9 7950X (TG High Perf. IHS) / Asus ROG Crosshair X670E Extreme / MSI Geforce RTX 4090 Suprim X / Teamgroup T-Force Delta RGB DDR5-8200 2x24 GB / Seagate Firecuda 530 4 TB / 5x Samsung 860 Evo 4 TB / Arctic Liquid Freezer II 420 (Push/Pull 6x Noctua NF-A14 IndustrialPPC-3000 intake) / Seasonic TX-1600 W Titanium / Phanteks Enthoo Pro 2 TG (3x Arctic P12 A-RGB intake / 4x Arctic P14 A-RGB exhaust / 1x Arctic P14 A-RGB RAM cooling) / Samsung Odyssey Neo G8 32" 4K 240 Hz / Ducky One 3 Daybreak Fullsize Cherry MX Brown / Corsair M65 Ultra RGB / PDP Afterglow Wave Black

My Lady's: Clevo NH55JNNQ "Alfred" (2022-24)
Sharp LQ156M1JW03 FHD matte 15.6" IGZO 8 bit @248 Hz / Intel Core i5 12600 / Nvidia Geforce RTX 3070 Ti / Mushkin Redline DDR4-3200 2x32 GB / Samsung 970 Pro 1 TB / Samsung 870 QVO 8 TB / Intel AX201 WIFI 6+BT 5.2 / Win 11 Pro Phoenix Lite OS / 230 W PSU powered by Prema Mod!

2 hours ago, tps3443 said:

The game is absolutely great so far! I have disabled dynamic resolution scaling and just run native 4K with FSR2 running around 48fps-50fps average. 

The game feels very well polished! While it is consistently demanding to run, it’s a story game, and it’s consistently smooth. No random frame drops. 

I am surprised to see something so large run so good on an early release. Skips and frame drops in a game distract me. Nice to see this is a great title right out of the gate, with none of that going on.

As for the game, it’s in-depth and lots to read and tons of things to miss while walking around. The exploring is good, and the shooting is also pretty good. “Much better shooting experience than Cyberpunk 2077” 

I cut my cord completely and after my cooling off period with Xfinity passed, I signed back up for their 400mbps per package for $55.99/mo vs their triple play BS w/ 1.2mbps for ~$270/mo. I never feel the difference until those fleeting moments like this.

Felt like it took forever to download. 🤣

image0.thumb.jpeg.a1413df0a3ba1ed2b5d551d2a1c755df.jpeg

• Thumb Up 1
  • Haha 4

Electrosoft Prime: 7950X3D | MSI X670E Carbon  | MSI Suprim X Liquid 4090 | AC LF II 420 | G.Skill 6000 A-Die 2x32GB | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB | EVGA 1600w P2 | Phanteks Ethroo Pro | Alienware AW3225QF 32" OLED

MelMel:  AMD Ryzen 5 7600x | Asus B650 Prime | Powercolor Spectra White 7900XTX | Asus Ryugin III 240mm AIO | M-die 2x16GB Custom | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB | EVGA P2 850w | Hyte Y40 | BenQ 32" 4k
Heath: i9-12900k | EVGA CLC 280 | Asus Strix Z690 D4 | Asus Strix 3080 | 32GB DDR4 2x16GB B-Die 4000  | WD Black SN850 512GB |  EVGA DG-77 | Samsung G7 32" 144hz 32"

Eurocom Raptor X15 | 12900k | Nvidia RTX 3070ti | 15.6" 1080p 240hz | Kingston 3200 32GB (2x16GB) | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB Heatsink Edition

I find it a joke, old ugly engine to run  native like this. I mean cmon, game developers are scrwing us. its like they are makeing every game only run with FSR, DLSS and skipping the time to optimize native anymore.

Thank god i dint buy this crap. m2c

The games is definitely poorly optimized for PC. The trees, grass, and water aren't even moving, the graphics is not even close to the level of plague tale requiem, yet rtx4090 cannot maintain native 4k 60fps, which is ridiculous

• Thumb Up 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

7950X3D| Zotac 4090 AMP Extreme Airo| MSI MPG B650 Edge Wifi| Lian Li Galahad 360 V2| 32GB Kingston Renegade RGBZ 6000|Kingston KC3000 2TB| Fury Renegade 2TB|Samsung 970 Evo 1TB| Lian Li O11 Dynamic Evo| Corsair HX1500i| Samsung Odyssey G9 Neo

Asus Zephyrus G15 (Ryzen 9 6900HS + RTX3080)

3 hours ago, jaybee83 said:

ok didnt see THAT one coming...how long has herkelman been the radeon graphics boss? all the way back to hmscott's beginnings at NBR?

When he started presenting some of the most irrational arguments in favor of AMD that even a Team Red fanboy like @ajc9988 could not stand for, and getting in philsophical battles with @ajc9988 publicly as to why AMD is better than Intel, is when we first started connecting the dots. We also saw lame excuses being presented on the internet that matched almost verbatim the utter nonsense presented at NBR by @hmscott. That is when Brother @Papusanand I started comparing notes and connecting the dots in a PM thread at NBR. When an irrational idiot defends a product that sucks at overclocking using the argument that the maker of it was more honorable for giving noob end users their best effort with nothing more for an enthusiast to extract from it in terms of overclock headroom, and that makes it better option than a competitor's product that leaves headroom on the table for enthusiasts to exploit, it becomes obvious that he/she is an idiotic shill and fanboi retard.

3 hours ago, jaybee83 said:

u sure about that? it would be roughly the perf. of a 4070 Ti, so maybe equivalent to a 5060 Ti released around the same time... thats pretty lowend for your standards 😋

Yes and no. 4070 Ti performs roughly the same as 3090, so if that is roughly where the B980 ends up at launch, that's no slouch. The expected price makes it a compelling thing to consider at $1000~ less than an entry-level 4090 or $500~ (50%) less expensive than a 4080. For my work system I think it could be way better option than the AMD GPU with its goofy random glitches and crappy driver bugs. For my benching rig, maybe not. But, what's the point in benching if everything sucks at overclocking? It is no longer a form of entertainment when the hardware refuses to cooperate. I was more than content with the gaming performance of the 3060Ti, so to me it seems foolish to spend a crap ton of money on a GPU that is going to be used for gaming or run in a work PC.

Paying $500 for a GPU that performs in the range of 3090 and supports a more honorable cause (defeating the Green Goblin's crime ring) I would seriously consider it. If you look at the massive gains the GPU newbies at Intel have made with nothing but A770 driver updates in such a short period of time, if only half as much ground is covered with driver updates for the B980 it could end up falling somewhere north of 4080/7900XTX performance within a few months of release.

I am also starting to evaluate the logic of continuing my hobby as a PC enthusiasts. It is looking more and more like a an endeavor priced for princes but with products presentable to peasants. If that hobby ends, none of them are going to get any more of my money because they will be deemed unworthy of receiving it. I won't support any cause that doesn't benefit me or do things the way I want things done. However, I will gleefully support a cause that hurts, harms or hinders those that do not do things the way that I want them done. The enemy of my enemy is my friend and Team Red is starting to look, smell and act too much like an inferior amateur counterfeit for Team Green. That leaves Team Blue as the lesser of three evils. If Team Blue can hurt both of them, they'll get my money.

• Thumb Up 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Bump 1

6 hours ago, jaybee83 said:

Yep. Connected the bits after seeing his posts and behaving. I mean a couple mods also got the info I grabbed up. I had a good connection with bro @Mr. Foxand talked with him in pm as We usually did.
HMSCOTT tried several times getting me banned as well tried several dirty tricks also in pm. I mean I mentioned the name Scott Herkelman in some posts and yup. I fast got an pm with questions from Hmscott. If you google I mean he have had several positions in AMD since 2016. 

5 hours ago, cylix said:

I find it a joke, old ugly engine to run  native like this. I mean cmon, game developers are scrwing us. its like they are makeing every game only run with FSR, DLSS and skipping the time to optimize native anymore.

Here’s a review from pcgamer. And I have read worse reviews than this. But 75 rating from pcgamer isn’t exactly very good. 

https://www.pcgamer.com/starfield-review/

Use translate.  But 7/10 isn’t very good. The magic is gone.

https://www.gamer.no/artikler/er-bethesda-magien-borte/516596

As fyi. Some websites said MS and bethesda have limited what reviewers that could put up a review of the game . They was afraid for bad reviews. That’s disgusting. Maybe they can’t handle 7 out of 10.

When I have the time I will try Cyberpunk. More a story for me. My son said that would be a better game for me. 

3 hours ago, Mr. Fox said:

When he started presenting some of the most irrational arguments in favor of AMD that even a Team Red fanboy like @ajc9988 could not stand for, and getting in philsophical battles with @ajc9988 publicly as to why AMD is better than Intel, is when we first started connecting the dots. We also saw lame excuses being presented on the internet that matched almost verbatim the utter nonsense presented at NBR by @hmscott. That is when Brother @Papusanand I started comparing notes and connecting the dots in a PM thread at NBR. When an irrational idiot defends a product that sucks at overclocking using the argument that the maker of it was more honorable for giving noob end users their best effort with nothing more for an enthusiast to extract from it in terms of overclock headroom, and that makes it better option than a competitor's product that leaves headroom on the table for enthusiasts to exploit, it becomes obvious that he/she is an idiotic shill and fanboi retard.

Yes and no. 4070 Ti performs roughly the same as 3090, so if that is roughly where the B980 ends up at launch, that's no slouch. The expected price makes it a compelling thing to consider at $1000~ less than an entry-level 4090 or $500~ (50%) less expensive than a 4080. For my work system I think it could be way better option than the AMD GPU with its goofy random glitches and crappy driver bugs. For my benching rig, maybe not. But, what's the point in benching if everything sucks at overclocking? It is no longer a form of entertainment when the hardware refuses to cooperate. I was more than content with the gaming performance of the 3060Ti, so to me it seems foolish to spend a crap ton of money on a GPU that is going to be used for gaming or run in a work PC.

Paying $500 for a GPU that performs in the range of 3090 and supports a more honorable cause (defeating the Green Goblin's crime ring) I would seriously consider it. If you look at the massive gains the GPU newbies at Intel have made with nothing but A770 driver updates in such a short period of time, if only half as much ground is covered with driver updates for the B980 it could end up falling somewhere north of 4080/7900XTX performance within a few months of release.

I am also starting to evaluate the logic of continuing my hobby as a PC enthusiasts. It is looking more and more like a an endeavor priced for princes but with products presentable to peasants. If that hobby ends, none of them are going to get any more of my money because they will be deemed unworthy of receiving it. I won't support any cause that doesn't benefit me or do things the way I want things done. However, I will gleefully support a cause that hurts, harms or hinders those that do not do things the way that I want them done. The enemy of my enemy is my friend and Team Red is starting to look, smell and act too much like an inferior amateur counterfeit for Team Green. That leaves Team Blue as the lesser of three evils. If Team Blue can hurt both of them, they'll get my money.

Yes, we both saw something strange with the man. If I’m remembering correctly he also frequented some MSI forums. 

And such people go around on forums without people/users knowing who they are. 

• Thumb Up 2

4 hours ago, cylix said:

welp you know what this means boiz: time for a GPU upgrade! 4090 aint cutting it no more! oh wait... /s 🤣

3 hours ago, Mr. Fox said:

Yep. Connected the bits after seeing his posts and behaving. I mean a couple mods also got the info I grabbed up. I had a good connection with bro @Mr. Foxand talked with him in pm as We usually did.
HMSCOTT tried several times getting me banned as well tried several dirty tricks also in pm. I mean I mentioned the name Scott Herkelman in some posts and yup. I fast got an pm with questions from Hmscott. If you google I mean he have had several positions in AMD since 2016. 

Here’s a review from pcgamer. And I have read worse reviews than this. But 75 rating from pcgamer isn’t exactly very good. 

https://www.pcgamer.com/starfield-review/

Yes, we both saw something strange with the man. If I’m remembering correctly he also frequented some MSI forums. 

And such people go around on forums without people/users knowing who they are. 

well dayum, investigative forum journalists fox & papu FTW 😄 crazy story indeed!

• Thumb Up 1
  • Haha 3

Mine: Hyperion "Titan God of Heat, Heavenly Light, Power" (2022-24)
AMD Ryzen 9 7950X (TG High Perf. IHS) / Asus ROG Crosshair X670E Extreme / MSI Geforce RTX 4090 Suprim X / Teamgroup T-Force Delta RGB DDR5-8200 2x24 GB / Seagate Firecuda 530 4 TB / 5x Samsung 860 Evo 4 TB / Arctic Liquid Freezer II 420 (Push/Pull 6x Noctua NF-A14 IndustrialPPC-3000 intake) / Seasonic TX-1600 W Titanium / Phanteks Enthoo Pro 2 TG (3x Arctic P12 A-RGB intake / 4x Arctic P14 A-RGB exhaust / 1x Arctic P14 A-RGB RAM cooling) / Samsung Odyssey Neo G8 32" 4K 240 Hz / Ducky One 3 Daybreak Fullsize Cherry MX Brown / Corsair M65 Ultra RGB / PDP Afterglow Wave Black

My Lady's: Clevo NH55JNNQ "Alfred" (2022-24)
Sharp LQ156M1JW03 FHD matte 15.6" IGZO 8 bit @248 Hz / Intel Core i5 12600 / Nvidia Geforce RTX 3070 Ti / Mushkin Redline DDR4-3200 2x32 GB / Samsung 970 Pro 1 TB / Samsung 870 QVO 8 TB / Intel AX201 WIFI 6+BT 5.2 / Win 11 Pro Phoenix Lite OS / 230 W PSU powered by Prema Mod!

Today’s most modern graphics cards can’t be used for what they was meant to work with… Games. Amazing 

I really hope Intel (Arc) graphics cards don’t have same problems when new benchmarks is released. 

Arc owners left in the cold. Intel have a long way being nvidia or AMD. 

Intel Arc GPUs currently cannot play Starfield, with varying symptoms ranging from the game not starting to it taking 30-40 minutes before presenting the player with a jumbled cacophany of texture mayhem.

Intel stated they were aware of the issues shortly after advanced access began opening up, but hopes of a quick fix are not high.

https://www.techpowerup.com/313089/intel-arc-owners-left-in-the-cold-with-starfield-as-advanced-access-begins

Yeah vendor reps are not permitted to talk about their competition here on the forums rules iirc. 

Sets the conversation into a toxic playground instead of the friendly competitive nature that I personally enjoy. That goes for any vendor, they are free to support their products but x is better than y is left for members to discuss. 

• Thumb Up 4
  • Like 1

Wait.. Wait!! hmscott was Scott Herkelman?! 

I would totally believe that! That guy was the biggest AMD/Radeon Fanboy I've ever met. 

• Thumb Up 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4
Spoiler

The Beast Asus Z790 APEX | Intel i9 13900K | ASUS RTX 4090 Strix OC | 64gb DDR5 7466 CL34 Dual Rank A-Dies | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB | Innocn 4K 160Hz Mini LED HDR1000 | LG 27GN950-B 4K 160Hz | Corsair 170i Elite LCD 420mm AIO | Corsair 7000D | EVGA 1600w T2

Little Beast EVGA Z690 DARK | Intel i9 13900K | Nvidia RTX 4090 FE | 32gb DDR5 SK Hynix DDR5 8000 CL36 A-Dies | Samsung 980 Pro 2TB | LG OLED C1 4K 120Hz G-Sync/FreeSync | Alienware AW2721D 1440p 240Hz G-Sync Ultimate | Corsair 115i Elite 280mm AIO | Lian Li 011 Dynamic | EVGA 1000w P6

10 hours ago, tps3443 said:

Yes and I'm playing it at 4K Ultra, DLAA (native super AA) with around 60-80fps. 

DLSS mod was released for free within 2 hours of launch lol. I played about 15 minutes of FSR2, enough time to realize that FSR still sucks. This company has probably sold millions of copies of this game and can't spend a half days work to properly implement DLSS? "It's too time consuming and difficult for devs!!" That is a pathetic excuse that is parroted around the internet. 

Thank god for PureDark and his amazing abilities. It took the guy 2 hours to implement DLSS support.

I also get an extra 11fps just by forcing on ReBar with inspector. Remember AMD by default has SAM turned on for all games. Nvidia in their infinite wisdom only greenlights some games in their drivers. Stupid. 

• Like 4
  • Bump 1
Spoiler

The Beast Asus Z790 APEX | Intel i9 13900K | ASUS RTX 4090 Strix OC | 64gb DDR5 7466 CL34 Dual Rank A-Dies | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB | Innocn 4K 160Hz Mini LED HDR1000 | LG 27GN950-B 4K 160Hz | Corsair 170i Elite LCD 420mm AIO | Corsair 7000D | EVGA 1600w T2

Little Beast EVGA Z690 DARK | Intel i9 13900K | Nvidia RTX 4090 FE | 32gb DDR5 SK Hynix DDR5 8000 CL36 A-Dies | Samsung 980 Pro 2TB | LG OLED C1 4K 120Hz G-Sync/FreeSync | Alienware AW2721D 1440p 240Hz G-Sync Ultimate | Corsair 115i Elite 280mm AIO | Lian Li 011 Dynamic | EVGA 1000w P6

1 hour ago, Talon said:

This company has probably sold millions of copies of this game and can't spend a half days work to properly implement DLSS? "It's too time consuming and difficult for devs!!" That is a pathetic excuse that is parroted around the internet. 

I suspect they were paid (maybe unofficially or indirectly) to not implement it. I have no doubt that NVIDIA and Micro$lop are even more experienced in the game of dirty pool. That's how it works. They take turns playing the part of scumbag. Business as usual. 😉

1 hour ago, Talon said:

I played about 15 minutes of FSR2, enough time to realize that FSR still sucks.

I enabled it on Quake II RTX and not only was the performance still poor (45-50 FPS at 1440p with the 6900 XT) it looks really bad. Lots of shimmering, a bit of banding and a grainy look to things. Hopefully, FSR3 will actually turn out to be a technology worth using. 

2 hours ago, Papusan said:

Today’s most modern graphics cards can’t be used for what they was meant to work with… Games. Amazing 

I really hope Intel (Arc) graphics cards don’t have same problems when new benchmarks is released. 

Arc owners left in the cold. Intel have a long way being nvidia or AMD. 

Intel Arc GPUs currently cannot play Starfield, with varying symptoms ranging from the game not starting to it taking 30-40 minutes before presenting the player with a jumbled cacophany of texture mayhem.

Intel stated they were aware of the issues shortly after advanced access began opening up, but hopes of a quick fix are not high.

https://www.techpowerup.com/313089/intel-arc-owners-left-in-the-cold-with-starfield-as-advanced-access-begins

That may also be a fabricated at-launch paid-for "problem" the same as no DLSS support. It certainly wouldn't surprise me. We should expect to see more underhanded behavior as Intel gains market share in the GPU space. 

• Thumb Up 1
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, Mr. Fox said:

I enabled it on Quake II RTX and not only was the performance still poor (45-50 FPS at 1440p with the 6900 XT) it looks really bad. Lots of shimmering, a bit of banding and a grainy look to things. Hopefully, FSR3 will actually turn out to be a technology worth using. 

That is the basic problem with FSR2, it has a lack of temporal stability. As soon as you move the object fizzles, shimmers and grains. It looks like absolute garbage and reminds me of using a high level of motion blur. In static images it looks half way decent against DLSS2+. But as soon as you move, it's game over lol. Also it's useless outside of Quality preset. Meanwhile recent versions of DLSS, like 3.5.0 look completely serviceable even at the Ultra Preset with a 4K resolution "start point". 

I use DLSS2 in every single game that I play because I'm on 4K. When you start at 4K and then use a quality or balanced, it's near impossible to tell the difference. I highly doubt anyone would be able to identify it in a side by side blind comparison. So when I see companies going out of their way to pay off a dev to force use of their shitty tech, claiming to care about gamers, it truly pisses me off. Include all 3 techs and let the market decide. 

• Thumb Up 1
  • Like 1
Spoiler

9 hours ago, cylix said:

I didn't run AB, but late last night I set mine to 4k, Ultra, no FSR full render and played all the way to the planet land and had no problems (FYI, I am NOT feeling the space battles atm). I'll have to enable AB to see how it performs objectively versus subjectively.

I will say as a veteran of Fallout 4 and Fallout 76, Creation Engine 2 feels an awful lot like Creation Engine 1 down to even using the same key binds and everything. The kill/looting system feels identical.

The little bit I played just left me wishing they updated Fallout 76 to the CE2.

• Thumb Up 1

Electrosoft Prime: 7950X3D | MSI X670E Carbon  | MSI Suprim X Liquid 4090 | AC LF II 420 | G.Skill 6000 A-Die 2x32GB | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB | EVGA 1600w P2 | Phanteks Ethroo Pro | Alienware AW3225QF 32" OLED

MelMel:  AMD Ryzen 5 7600x | Asus B650 Prime | Powercolor Spectra White 7900XTX | Asus Ryugin III 240mm AIO | M-die 2x16GB Custom | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB | EVGA P2 850w | Hyte Y40 | BenQ 32" 4k
Heath: i9-12900k | EVGA CLC 280 | Asus Strix Z690 D4 | Asus Strix 3080 | 32GB DDR4 2x16GB B-Die 4000  | WD Black SN850 512GB |  EVGA DG-77 | Samsung G7 32" 144hz 32"

Eurocom Raptor X15 | 12900k | Nvidia RTX 3070ti | 15.6" 1080p 240hz | Kingston 3200 32GB (2x16GB) | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB Heatsink Edition

2 hours ago, Talon said:

Yes and I'm playing it at 4K Ultra, DLAA (native super AA) with around 60-80fps. 

DLSS mod was released for free within 2 hours of launch lol. I played about 15 minutes of FSR2, enough time to realize that FSR still sucks. This company has probably sold millions of copies of this game and can't spend a half days work to properly implement DLSS? "It's too time consuming and difficult for devs!!" That is a pathetic excuse that is parroted around the internet. 

Thank god for PureDark and his amazing abilities. It took the guy 2 hours to implement DLSS support.

I also get an extra 11fps just by forcing on ReBar with inspector. Remember AMD by default has SAM turned on for all games. Nvidia in their infinite wisdom only greenlights some games in their drivers. Stupid. 

I forced it with Inspector but didn't implement the DLSS mod yet nice.

I am sure continued driver refinements will help everybody (or initial Intel AHEM).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mr. Fox said:

I suspect they were paid (maybe unofficially or indirectly) to not implement it. I have no doubt that NVIDIA and Micro$lop are even more experienced in the game of dirty pool. That's how it works. They take turns playing the part of scumbag. Business as usual. 😉

That may also be a fabricated at-launch paid-for "problem" the same as no DLSS support. It certainly wouldn't surprise me. We should expect to see more underhanded behavior as Intel gains market share in the GPU space. 

From an older article 5 days ago. None is a bigger liar than our old friend F. Azor. Just magine for yourself what the first letter F often stands for. AMD has two aholes. The biggest is still the older AW boss! Period! Of course AMD wanted Azor in their organization. They knew very well what he stands for. Maybe Herkelman was the main man who wanted him to AMD?

And Fu. Azor haven’t changed the way he do his works. 

Azor says he can’t say what the contract includes.… 

He says there’s nothing blocking Bethesda from adding it to the game.

“If and when Bethesda wants to put DLSS into the game, they have our full support,” he reiterates.

https://www.theverge.com/2023/8/25/22372077/amd-starfield-dlss-fsr-exclusive-frank-azor

• Thanks 1

Redacted.  🙃

• Thumb Up 2
  • Bump 1
Spoiler

2 hours ago, Talon said:

Redacted

My new 27-inch 144Hz 4K 1ms IPS ASUS monitor was supposed to be delivered yesterday. Should have it today.

• Thumb Up 1
  • Like 2