NotebookTalk

*Official Benchmark Thread* - Post it here or it didn't happen :D

Mr. Fox

How is it even possible offer such a piece of trash with so many bugs/issues? See the very long list of fixes. Almost nothing have worked properly with this software from what I can see. And be you sure. The bug list will increase and more fixes will be needed. Then fixes to fix the previous fixes. With their track records (on Microsoft level) this bloatware won't be fully fixed. A ticking bomb installed in you pc system. Tempted to try install it bro @Mr. Fox?😁

Corsair Utility Engine Download (iCUE) Download v5.9.105

Change Info: iCUE 5.9.105 Issues Resolved

• Resolved an issue that causes iCUE to crash on startup
• Resolved an issue with LS100 that causes iCUE to crash on device disconnect
• Resolved a conflict with iCUE with devices missing a manufacturer label in the USB string
• Improved the usability of vertical sliders when resizing the window
• Moving the window across monitor screens during an iCUE installation will no longer result in a
black bar
• Resolved an issue with Launch Application that opens a folder instead of the application
• Users can now remove device modules even when iCUE is not connected to the internet
• Resolved an issue that causes other actions to be highlighted when assigning a modifier key
• Users will no longer be able to remove a module while it is updating
• Resolved various Dashboard bugs with adding and removing sensor widgets
• Nanoleaf in Canvas will no longer cause iCUE to crash after pairing multiple devices
DIY Product Enhancements
• The LED ring will now properly rotate with the LCD on all LCD-based coolers
• Custom Fan Curves now properly work when used with various CPUID sensors
• Removing a Custom Cooling Fan Curve will no longer cause all fans to revert to the Balanced preset
• Hiding the graph for DIY devices will now properly work after an iCUE restart
• Resolved a conflict with data shown in Alerts when users switch between Fahrenheit and Celcius
• Voyager A1600 Cooler will no longer be shown as a Xeneon monitor
• Device Settings will no longer be missing features after a firmware update on H100i ELITE LCD
coolers
• Custom Screen Preview will no longer show the wrong image with LINK LCD-based devices
• Resolved various minor bugs with the LCD screen and image customization
• DDR4 modules will no longer appear together with DDR5 modules (and vice versa)
• iCUE will no longer show Vengeance PRO DRAM as a name if it has been replaced with DOMINATOR
DRAM
HID Product Enhancements
• Updated the hyperlink in the notification for DOLBY ATMOS
• The front LED and light edge LED on GLAIVE mice will no longer play incorrectly in iCUE
• M65 RGB PRO now properly saves hardware lighting to the device
• Resolved an issue with text overrun with various languages that prevented users from saving a
Hardware Profile
• Resolved an issue that prevented “Disable Key if Lock Button is On” from functioning
• The lighting playback is now properly synchronized between iCUE and the device for the Control
Wheel tab
• Resolved an issue with NEXUS when using Lighting Link
• ENVISION PRO will no longer show battery status as Unknown at near-empty battery levels
• Resolved an issue with audio devices crashing iCUE when switching from PlayStation to Multipoint
Mode

• Thumb Up 2
  • Sad 1

"The Killer"  ASUS ROG Z790 Apex Encore | 14900KS | 4090 HOF + 20 other graphics cards | 32GB DDR5 | Be Quiet! Dark Power Pro 12 - 1500 Watt | Second PSU - Cooler Master V750 SFX Gold 750W (For total of 2250W Power) | Corsair Obsidian 1000D | Custom Cooling | Asus ROG Strix XG27AQ 27" Monitors |

Papusan @ HWBOTTeam PremaMod @ HWBOT | Papusan @ YouTube Channel

2 hours ago, Papusan said:

How is it even possible offer such a piece of trash with so many bugs/issues? See the very long list of fixes. Almost nothing have worked properly with this software from what I can see. And be you sure. The bug list will increase and more fixes will be needed. Then fixes to fix the previous fixes. With their track records (Microsoft level) this bloatware won't be fully fixed. A ticking bomb installed in you pc system. Tempted to try install it bro @Mr. Fox?😁

Corsair Utility Engine Download (iCUE) Download v5.9.105

Change Info: iCUE 5.9.105 Issues Resolved

• Resolved an issue that causes iCUE to crash on startup
• Resolved an issue with LS100 that causes iCUE to crash on device disconnect
• Resolved a conflict with iCUE with devices missing a manufacturer label in the USB string
• Improved the usability of vertical sliders when resizing the window
• Moving the window across monitor screens during an iCUE installation will no longer result in a
black bar
• Resolved an issue with Launch Application that opens a folder instead of the application
• Users can now remove device modules even when iCUE is not connected to the internet
• Resolved an issue that causes other actions to be highlighted when assigning a modifier key
• Users will no longer be able to remove a module while it is updating
• Resolved various Dashboard bugs with adding and removing sensor widgets
• Nanoleaf in Canvas will no longer cause iCUE to crash after pairing multiple devices
DIY Product Enhancements
• The LED ring will now properly rotate with the LCD on all LCD-based coolers
• Custom Fan Curves now properly work when used with various CPUID sensors
• Removing a Custom Cooling Fan Curve will no longer cause all fans to revert to the Balanced preset
• Hiding the graph for DIY devices will now properly work after an iCUE restart
• Resolved a conflict with data shown in Alerts when users switch between Fahrenheit and Celcius
• Voyager A1600 Cooler will no longer be shown as a Xeneon monitor
• Device Settings will no longer be missing features after a firmware update on H100i ELITE LCD
coolers
• Custom Screen Preview will no longer show the wrong image with LINK LCD-based devices
• Resolved various minor bugs with the LCD screen and image customization
• DDR4 modules will no longer appear together with DDR5 modules (and vice versa)
• iCUE will no longer show Vengeance PRO DRAM as a name if it has been replaced with DOMINATOR
DRAM
HID Product Enhancements
• Updated the hyperlink in the notification for DOLBY ATMOS
• The front LED and light edge LED on GLAIVE mice will no longer play incorrectly in iCUE
• M65 RGB PRO now properly saves hardware lighting to the device
• Resolved an issue with text overrun with various languages that prevented users from saving a
Hardware Profile
• Resolved an issue that prevented “Disable Key if Lock Button is On” from functioning
• The lighting playback is now properly synchronized between iCUE and the device for the Control
Wheel tab
• Resolved an issue with NEXUS when using Lighting Link
• ENVISION PRO will no longer show battery status as Unknown at near-empty battery levels
• Resolved an issue with audio devices crashing iCUE when switching from PlayStation to Multipoint
Mode

Most of the "supporting software" we see from the OEMs is buggy, bloated garbage. If I had to identify something positive (like the needle in the haystack) it would be that they fixed a lot of broken stuff. We should expect them to. If I contrast that with extreme trash like Armory Crate it seems positive on the surface. iCue seems better, in the same way that that polio is better than brain cancer.

• Thumb Up 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Bump 1

Wraith // Z790 Apex | 14900KF | 4090 Suprim X+Byksi Block | 48GB DDR5-8600 | Toughpower GF3 1650W | MO-RA3 360 | Hailea HC-500A || O11D XL EVO

Banshee // Z790 Apex Encore | 13900KS | 4090 Gaming OC+Alphacool Block | 48GB DDR5-8600 | RM1200x SHIFT | XT45 1080 Nova || Antec C8

Spectre // Z790i Edge | 14900KF | 3090 Ti FTW3 | 48GB DDR5-8200 | RM1000e | EK Nucleus CR360 Direct Die || Prime A21

Methuselah // X79 Rampage IV Gene | Xeon E5 1680V2 | 2080 Ti | 32GB DDR3-2400 | GameMax 850W | EK Nucleus CR360 Dark || Prime AP201

Half-Breed // Dell Precision 7720 | BGA CPU Filth+MXM Quadro P5000 | 4K Display | Sub-$500 Grade A Refurb | Nothing to Write Home About

Mr. Fox YouTube Channel | Mr. Fox @ HWBOT

The average response time for a 911 call is 10 minutes. The response time of a .357 is 1400 feet per second. 

1 hour ago, Mr. Fox said:

Most of the "supporting software" we see from the OEMs is buggy, bloated garbage. If I had to identify something positive (like the needle in the haystack) it would be that they fixed a lot of broken stuff. We should expect them to. If I contrast that with extreme trash like Armory Crate it seems positive on the surface. iCue seems better, in the same what that polio is better than brain cancer.

If they need to fix loads of broken stuff all the time.... They should never ever have released the software in first place. Lack of QC is one of the main reasons. People/workers who do such tasks cost money. If you can't pay for it then let it be (don't release it).

You can't even trust huge companies as etc Google/Alphabet. And even if you pay for their services they'll screw you. 

From the link I posted below....

Update December 10, 2023 9:55 a.m

Although Google has now provided affected users with a “ solution ” in the form of a recovery tool, this does not seem to help every user recover their lost files. The reason for this is obvious: Google explained at the end of November that the data loss only affected local changes that had not yet been synchronized with the cloud. As a result, the data never reached Google servers. So no recovery is possible there either.

The recovery tool provided by Google with version 85.0.13.0 of the Google Drive desktop client for Windows and macOS is an attempt to restore data locally from users' hard drives. However, if the associated memory areas have already been completely or partially overwritten , the tool is of no help.

Affected users reacted visibly angrily in Google's support forum. In particular, those users who have paid for a paid storage expansion complain about data losses of sometimes more than a terabyte , which are now likely to remain irreversible.

Google has provided instructions for using the recovery tool in a separate support article . There are also download links for the required version of the Drive for Desktop app.

On 11/28/2023 at 10:40 PM, Papusan said:

For the Storage Jockey😀 Yup, with your addiction I know you would never ever put all the eggs in the cloud.

Disgusting? Google (Alphabet) have spent all too much time, work and money on "how to get rid of ad blockers" than be sure their backup servers/software works as expected. Once again... Don't trust big corps/and their cloud backup services.

Google Drive files go missing for desktop users
https://www.pcworld.com/article/2156644/google-drive-files-go-missing-for-desktop-users.html

A reply from a Google employee says that the company is aware of the issue and working on it, stating that it’s affecting a “limited subset of Drive for desktop users.” Google says that in the meantime you shouldn’t delete any of your local files or disconnect your account from within the Drive app. Oh, and you should probably back up those files somewhere else — you know, that thing you’re paying Google to do for you.

If you’re relying on Google Drive for any important files, you might want to take a look and perhaps consider an alternative service.

Reveal hidden contents

More Disgusting.... For the Gamers...

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47qa942e0vpdh2szjcnj

Here's more disgusting reading... Bethesda says you’re wrong
https://www.pcworld.com/article/2156510/didnt-enjoy-starfield-bethesda-says-youre-wrong.html

Cloud storage: Data loss from Google Drive will probably remain irreversible in some cases computerbase.de

Why on earth offer this type services if they can't do it right? 

@Rage Set You can only trust yourself. Not the trash companies that offer everything, but fail to deliver. And there is many other reasons also to avoid Cloud storage from etc Google. Buy all the Storage you need before the prices walk upwards. 

Brace For Impact: SSD & NAND Storage Prices Expected To Rise By 55% In 2024

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

"The Killer"  ASUS ROG Z790 Apex Encore | 14900KS | 4090 HOF + 20 other graphics cards | 32GB DDR5 | Be Quiet! Dark Power Pro 12 - 1500 Watt | Second PSU - Cooler Master V750 SFX Gold 750W (For total of 2250W Power) | Corsair Obsidian 1000D | Custom Cooling | Asus ROG Strix XG27AQ 27" Monitors |

1 hour ago, Papusan said:

If they need to fix loads of broken stuff all the time.... They should never ever have released the software in first place. Lack of QC is one of the main reasons. People/workers who do such tasks cost money. If you can't pay for it then let it be (don't release it).

Oh, I totally agree. And, I am not making excuses for them. QC is no longer something anyone in tech does right. QC is in the toilet. But, we also shouldn't penalize a company for being transparent and providing a detailed change log or release notes. Contrast that long list of things they fixed (which should be expected, not viewed as being special,) and the transparency of information with change logs and release notes that are empty, incomplete and meaningless, or even totally non-existent.  Release notes that say almost nothing like "improves memory performance" or "support for next gen processor" that we so often see are essentially worthless and may omit things that matter a lot. It makes me suspicious and raises questions about what they are hiding.

• Thumb Up 1
  • Like 1

Wraith // Z790 Apex | 14900KF | 4090 Suprim X+Byksi Block | 48GB DDR5-8600 | Toughpower GF3 1650W | MO-RA3 360 | Hailea HC-500A || O11D XL EVO

Banshee // Z790 Apex Encore | 13900KS | 4090 Gaming OC+Alphacool Block | 48GB DDR5-8600 | RM1200x SHIFT | XT45 1080 Nova || Antec C8

Spectre // Z790i Edge | 14900KF | 3090 Ti FTW3 | 48GB DDR5-8200 | RM1000e | EK Nucleus CR360 Direct Die || Prime A21

Methuselah // X79 Rampage IV Gene | Xeon E5 1680V2 | 2080 Ti | 32GB DDR3-2400 | GameMax 850W | EK Nucleus CR360 Dark || Prime AP201

Half-Breed // Dell Precision 7720 | BGA CPU Filth+MXM Quadro P5000 | 4K Display | Sub-$500 Grade A Refurb | Nothing to Write Home About

The average response time for a 911 call is 10 minutes. The response time of a .357 is 1400 feet per second. 

1 hour ago, tps3443 said:

New 14900KF R Batch X337R134. 

IMG-2977.jpg

IMG-2979.jpg

IMG-2980.jpg

IMG-2978.jpg

Congrats on the CPU. It looks like the voltage requirement is about 0.040V less than my second 13900KS at both 6.0GHz and 5.8GHz on P-cores (SP120) and about 0.025V more on your E-cores than my 13900KS (SP97). Overall SP ratings are 107 and 112, respectively.

Comparing your SP107 (SP117/88) 14900K to my other 13900KS SP108 (SP120/88) the voltage requirements are even further apart. So, the scaling is drastically different and cannot be directly compared (which we already expected). 

Uu3rk9u.jpg

• Thumb Up 2

14 minutes ago, Mr. Fox said:

Congrats on the CPU. It looks like the voltage requirement is about 0.040V less than my second 13900KS at both 6.0GHz and 5.8GHz on P-cores (SP120) and about 0.025V more on your E-cores than my 13900KS (SP97). Overall SP ratings are 107 and 112, respectively.

Comparing your SP107 (SP117/88) 14900K to my other 13900KS SP108 (SP120/88) the voltage requirements are even further apart. So, the scaling is drastically different and cannot be directly compared (which we already expected). 

Uu3rk9u.jpg

Check out the 14900K Binning chart. It's really cool!

1701970775840-png.2638853

• Thumb Up 4

13900KF

24 minutes ago, tps3443 said:

Check out the 14900K Binning chart. It's really cool!

1701970775840-png.2638853

So, on 14900K a P-core SP109 voltage is essentially equivalent to voltage for a P-core SP120 rating on a 13900KS. At least for now, based on that table. It is too bad they are not tracking the voltage requirements for the E-cores by SP rating. That would have made it even more useful.

It looks like the average 14900KS has P-cores with the same silicon quality as both of my 13900KS and worse e-core silicon sample. So, if I purchased an average 14900K it would not be an upgrade due to the frequency/prevalence of lower quality e-cores.

• Thumb Up 2

19 minutes ago, Mr. Fox said:

So, on 14900K a P-core SP109 voltage is essentially equivalent to voltage for a P-core SP120 rating on a 13900KS. At least for now, based on that table. It is too bad they are not tracking the voltage requirements for the E-cores by SP rating. That would have made it even more useful.

It looks like the average 14900KS has P-cores with the same silicon quality as both of my 13900KS and worse e-core silicon sample. So, if I purchased an average 14900K it would not be an upgrade due to the frequency/prevalence of lower quality e-cores.

The E-Cores on the 14900K are very very strong, probably one of the biggest improvements. It’s crazy what even just like low E-SP80’s can run on 14th gen.

13900KF

3 hours ago, tps3443 said:

New 14900KF R Batch X337R134. 

IMG-2977.jpg

IMG-2979.jpg

IMG-2980.jpg

IMG-2978.jpg

Congrats on it finally getting here bro and yep, I've seen that goodness before

! 🙂@jaybee83 that monster 4300 V/F point would make this a near god tier chip for the NH55.

Now let's see some magic! 🙂

40 minutes ago, tps3443 said:

The E-Cores on the 14900K are very very strong, probably one of the biggest improvements. It’s crazy what even just like low E-SP80’s can run on 14th gen.

They're decent but let's not blow it out of proportion. 🤣 On your new chip, your E-cores will probably be your biggest weakness and that isn't saying much with everything else being so nice.

Did you ever get any screen shots of CENS #1 chip? I'd be curious to see how it compares.

• Thumb Up 2
  • Bump 1

Electrosoft Prime: 7950X3D | MSI X670E Carbon  | MSI Suprim X Liquid 4090 | AC LF II 420 | G.Skill 6000 A-Die 2x32GB | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB | EVGA 1600w P2 | Phanteks Ethroo Pro | Alienware AW3225QF 32" OLED

MelMel:  AMD Ryzen 5 7600x | Asus B650 Prime | Powercolor Spectra White 7900XTX | Asus Ryugin III 240mm AIO | M-die 2x16GB Custom | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB | EVGA P2 850w | Hyte Y40 | BenQ 32" 4k
Heath: i9-12900k | EVGA CLC 280 | Asus Strix Z690 D4 | Asus Strix 3080 | 32GB DDR4 2x16GB B-Die 4000  | WD Black SN850 512GB |  EVGA DG-77 | Samsung G7 32" 144hz 32"

Eurocom Raptor X15 | 12900k | Nvidia RTX 3070ti | 15.6" 1080p 240hz | Kingston 3200 32GB (2x16GB) | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB Heatsink Edition

35 minutes ago, electrosoft said:

Congrats on it finally getting here bro and yep, I've seen that goodness before

! 🙂@jaybee83 that monster 4300 V/F point would make this a near god tier chip for the NH55.

Now let's see some magic! 🙂

They're decent but let's not blow it out of proportion. 🤣 On your new chip, your E-cores will probably be your biggest weakness and that isn't saying much with everything else being so nice.

Did you ever get any screen shots of CENS #1 chip? I'd be curious to see how it compares.

CENS best chip was SP109.  

• Thumb Up 1

13900KF

4 hours ago, tps3443 said:

CENS best chip was SP109.  

Did he post any BIOS snapshots anywhere?

Electrosoft Prime: 7950X3D | MSI X670E Carbon  | MSI Suprim X Liquid 4090 | AC LF II 420 | G.Skill 6000 A-Die 2x32GB | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB | EVGA 1600w P2 | Phanteks Ethroo Pro | Alienware AW3225QF 32" OLED

MelMel:  AMD Ryzen 5 7600x | Asus B650 Prime | Powercolor Spectra White 7900XTX | Asus Ryugin III 240mm AIO | M-die 2x16GB Custom | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB | EVGA P2 850w | Hyte Y40 | BenQ 32" 4k
Heath: i9-12900k | EVGA CLC 280 | Asus Strix Z690 D4 | Asus Strix 3080 | 32GB DDR4 2x16GB B-Die 4000  | WD Black SN850 512GB |  EVGA DG-77 | Samsung G7 32" 144hz 32"

Eurocom Raptor X15 | 12900k | Nvidia RTX 3070ti | 15.6" 1080p 240hz | Kingston 3200 32GB (2x16GB) | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB Heatsink Edition

• Thumb Up 1
  • Like 1

On 12/10/2023 at 8:07 PM, Mr. Fox said:

These products are for a very special market segment.....

Interesting metal case fans from Alphacool... I like how they are made but $30 each is too expensive.

They looks nice but follow the tech trend. Looks over performance. Or design over functionality. I'll continue with my Noctua/EK high pressure fans. Not so fancy but they are reliable, ok'ish regarding sound level and offer great performance. I don't need it to look fancy.

No, he just told me about the chip. 

@Papusan tell me about that CL26 DDR5 8300 

It seems Hwbot don't like that you change mem settings with software for their Hwbot cups. Ok for the leaderboard but not for their HW cups. 

Here is another failure from Hw/design engineers. I would never use something stupid/ugly like this 12VHPWR adapter. Tempted to buy it bro @electrosoft?😀

Akasa Releases 12VHPWR to PCIe Power Converters Including L-Shaped Adapter

Published 12 hours ago by Hilbert Hagedoorn  3

teaser
It could prevent the bend. Akasa has introduced two new products as of December 11, 2023. These include a unique L-shaped adapter and a cable type, both designed to convert a 12VHPWR connector to three PCI Express 8(6+2)pin connections. The announcement marks an expansion in Akasa's product line, focusing on power conversion solutions for graphics cards and PC builds. The first product, named "G-Nexus P24," is an adapter that transforms a 12VHPWR connector from a graphics card to a standard PCI Express 8(6+2)pin format. This adapter is distinctive for integrating three PCI Express 8(6+2)pin connections in an L-shaped design, facilitating improved cable management, especially in small cases where space around the connector is limited.

• Thumb Up 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Bump 1

5 hours ago, Papusan said:

They looks nice but follow the tech trend. Looks over performance. Or design over functionality. I'll continue with my Noctua/EK high pressure fans. Not so fancy but they are reliable, ok'ish regarding sound level and offer great performance. I don't need it to look fancy.

It would make no difference to me if they worked better and/or looked better, or both. I will not pay $30 each for a fan. I don't care how good it is. None are worth that much. That is just far too expensive. I will not purchase a fan that costs more than $10 to $15 each and I shoot for about $5 each. Those Apex fans would cost about $540 on my MO-RA 360 and $270 for my Nova. Not enough benefit if the fans cost that much no matter how great the fan performs.

• Thumb Up 1

19 hours ago, Papusan said:

Old Windows 7 still kick ass

Truthfully, I think it was the last version that did. Everything they have produced since then sucks it instead of kicking it. They haven't managed to do anything right in the grand scheme of things since then. Only varying degrees of worthless and a relentless pursuit of failure. They are approaching the threshold of mastering incompetence.

• Thumb Up 1
  • Like 1

The strangest thing I have ever seen with a CPU. The tighter the timings, the easier to stabilize (Loose timings just don’t work).😄 Just started memory testing today, this is my first baseline 8400c36 with fully tuned timings. Gonna work on 8533 tomorrow, then hopefully 8600 after that. 

Just amazed that I stabilized 8400c36 using some 7200c36 2x48 G.Skill’s. 

How confusing DDR5 is. This IMC is super strong so far. 

ON1K8Qp.png

• Like 1

13900KF

An older article. But the reality is still true. The in-house oc'ers/elite/+ their best friends will always get an huge advantage. Getting free top binned HW/HW sharing isn't their only advantage... Backdoor to everything you wish is only for the few. The choosen one's @Mr. Fox  

The dirty business behind the Hwbot Competitions – A field report | Editorial

https://www.igorslab.de/das-schmutzige-geschaeft-hinter-den-hwbot-competitions-ein-erfahrungsbericht-als-editorial/3/

Third, and probably most importantly, the rule change opens a backdoor where each motherboard manufacturer can now provide their sponsored overclockers with a special, tweaked BIOS that does not have to be public at the time of use. Only at the end of the stage, when the best results are uploaded, does the BIOS have to be available in the forum thread. This means that all other participants who are not sponsored by motherboard manufacturers and only have access to public BIOS versions will never have the chance to use this much better BIOS for the Competition Stage. Many of us tried several times to explain this problem to the moderators, but were dismissed as overdramatic and lazy.

• Thumb Up 1
  • Sad 2

On 12/12/2023 at 6:56 AM, electrosoft said:

Did he post any BIOS snapshots anywhere?

This one? SP109. But sadly no pict of MC SP. You could of course ask him.

397413809_671837035050555_24955529874684

• Thumb Up 2
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Papusan said:

An older article. But the reality is still true. The in-house oc'ers/elite/+ their best friends will always get an huge advantage. Getting free top binned HW/HW sharing isn't their only advantage... Backdoor to everything you wish is only for the few. The choosen one's @Mr. Fox  

https://www.igorslab.de/das-schmutzige-geschaeft-hinter-den-hwbot-competitions-ein-erfahrungsbericht-als-editorial/3/

Third, and probably most importantly, the rule change opens a backdoor where each motherboard manufacturer can now provide their sponsored overclockers with a special, tweaked BIOS that does not have to be public at the time of use. Only at the end of the stage, when the best results are uploaded, does the BIOS have to be available in the forum thread. This means that all other participants who are not sponsored by motherboard manufacturers and only have access to public BIOS versions will never have the chance to use this much better BIOS for the Competition Stage. Many of us tried several times to explain this problem to the moderators, but were dismissed as overdramatic and lazy.

If the OEMs and technology sponsors want their Chosen Ones to get money they should just give them money because they are "special" or favored people. It is nobody else's business and they have every right to do that. It is a marketing tactic and should be seen as that.

However, creating an impression that they "won" the cash or merchandise in a competitive event using special hardware and firmware that is not available to all is specious, if not outright surreptitious. Likewise, changing the rules to benefit select participants during a competition and only making modified firmware available to the general population at HWBOT after an event has ended, or so late in the game that it cannot be leveraged by all contestants, is just dishonest and immoral.

Nobody likes playing a game when the outcome is rigged. No one should have a surprised look or their face or scratch their head in wonderment about why the sport is dying and participation is at an uprecedented low point when their behavior is what caused it.

When it was decided that ECC needed to be enabled on 3DMark submissions with 4090 they were swift to disqualify submissions by the general public, but deleting submissions by the Chosen Ones that did not have ECC enabled did not occur swiftly.

• Thumb Up 1
  • Like 1

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, Papusan said:

nice, bookmarked the article. should a good read for my lunch break later 🙂 

The day is over mission completed!! DDR5 8533 C36 is STABLE and PASSED! 

a5bHP8O.png

nice, good job! now to tighten up all the subtimings as far as they can go 😄 

• Thumb Up 3

Mine: Hyperion "Titan God of Heat, Heavenly Light, Power" (2022-24)
AMD Ryzen 9 7950X (TG High Perf. IHS) / Asus ROG Crosshair X670E Extreme / MSI Geforce RTX 4090 Suprim X / Teamgroup T-Force Delta RGB DDR5-8200 2x24 GB / Seagate Firecuda 530 4 TB / 5x Samsung 860 Evo 4 TB / Arctic Liquid Freezer II 420 (Push/Pull 6x Noctua NF-A14 IndustrialPPC-3000 intake) / Seasonic TX-1600 W Titanium / Phanteks Enthoo Pro 2 TG (3x Arctic P12 A-RGB intake / 4x Arctic P14 A-RGB exhaust / 1x Arctic P14 A-RGB RAM cooling) / Samsung Odyssey Neo G8 32" 4K 240 Hz / Ducky One 3 Daybreak Fullsize Cherry MX Brown / Corsair M65 Ultra RGB / PDP Afterglow Wave Black

My Lady's: Clevo NH55JNNQ "Alfred" (2022-24)
Sharp LQ156M1JW03 FHD matte 15.6" IGZO 8 bit @248 Hz / Intel Core i5 12600 / Nvidia Geforce RTX 3070 Ti / Mushkin Redline DDR4-3200 2x32 GB / Samsung 970 Pro 1 TB / Samsung 870 QVO 8 TB / Intel AX201 WIFI 6+BT 5.2 / Win 11 Pro Phoenix Lite OS / 230 W PSU powered by Prema Mod!