NotebookTalk

*Official Benchmark Thread* - Post it here or it didn't happen :D

Mr. Fox

On 12/11/2023 at 1:49 PM, Papusan said:

Cloud storage: Data loss from Google Drive will probably remain irreversible in some cases computerbase.de

Why on earth offer this type services if they can't do it right? 

@Rage Set You can only trust yourself. Not the trash companies that offer everything, but fail to deliver. And there is many other reasons also to avoid Cloud storage from etc Google. Buy all the Storage you need before the prices walk upwards. 

Brace For Impact: SSD & NAND Storage Prices Expected To Rise By 55% In 2024

I have never used cloud storage for any of my personal data or data for my clients - I do have an offsite backup of my data but it is another server that I own and control. 

No worries from me. I have over 40TB of PCIe 4.0 or higher total NVMe SSD raw storage that I have at the ready. My problem right now is getting it all in one "pool". While this total size is far lower than what I have in HDD storage (120TB+), the speed is what I'm looking for. 

My goal is to have four to five video editing workstations in my home, all using one volume of NVMe storage. The HDD storage being used for backups and archives. I'm getting there. 

• Like 3
  • Bump 2

Connecticut Citizens Defense League: Carry On!

On 12/13/2023 at 2:35 AM, Mr. Fox said:

It would make no difference to me if they worked better and/or looked better, or both

On 12/13/2023 at 3:09 AM, Mr. Fox said:

Truthfully, I think it was the last version that did. Everything they have produced since then sucks it instead of kicking it. They haven't managed to do anything right in the grand scheme of things since then. Only varying degrees of worthless and a relentless pursuit of failure. They are approaching the threshold of mastering incompetence.

It's all about innovation bro Fox. Or better say lack of it. This nicely sum up today's tech world..... From 1:30 and please see the whole video.

06:54 - What innovation actually means in 2023

• Thumb Up 2
  • Haha 2

"The Killer"  ASUS ROG Z790 Apex Encore | 14900KS | 4090 HOF + 20 other graphics cards | 32GB DDR5 | Be Quiet! Dark Power Pro 12 - 1500 Watt | Second PSU - Cooler Master V750 SFX Gold 750W (For total of 2250W Power) | Corsair Obsidian 1000D | Custom Cooling | Asus ROG Strix XG27AQ 27" Monitors |

Papusan @ HWBOTTeam PremaMod @ HWBOT | Papusan @ YouTube Channel

9 hours ago, Papusan said:

It's all about innovation bro Fox. Or better say lack of it. This nicely sum up today's tech world..... From 1:30 and please see the whole video.

06:54 - What innovation actually means in 2023

His rants are legendary and funny...all lined with the truth. I am happy he moved from NYC to Texas, as that city was trying to drain every single penny they could from him. 

Admittedly, his message sometimes disappears in his rants. He fights for freedoms that many people in the US don't know about or don't care.

• Like 3
  • Bump 2

Connecticut Citizens Defense League: Carry On!

1 hour ago, Rage Set said:

His rants are legendary and funny...all lined with the truth. I am happy he moved from NYC to Texas, as that city was trying to drain every single penny they could from him. 

Admittedly, his message sometimes disappears in his rants. He fights for freedoms that many people in the US don't know about or don't care.

It's funny, I almost posted a  comment on his video about him moving to Texas. That shows a tremendous amount of wisdom on his part to escape from New York. New York and California are two of a number of very horrible places, because of their utterly insane, absurdly incompetent government "leaders" that are not content with destroying their own states, but want to bring their corruption, destruction, depravity and psychotic dystopian world view to the rest of our nation. The only reason I did not comment is he chose Austin, which is about as nutty, far left and woke as it can get for Texas.

It truly baffles me to think there can be fellow human beings with a pulse that don't care about the causes he champions. It is all common sense stuff that adversely affects all people, that anyone paying attention should care about. But I digress... paying attention is something not nearly enough people do. A growing number are too stupid to know they should.

• Thumb Up 1
  • Like 3

Wraith // Z790 Apex | 14900KF | 4090 Suprim X+Byksi Block | 48GB DDR5-8600 | Toughpower GF3 1650W | MO-RA3 360 | Hailea HC-500A || O11D XL EVO

Banshee // Z790 Apex Encore | 13900KS | 4090 Gaming OC+Alphacool Block | 48GB DDR5-8600 | RM1200x SHIFT | XT45 1080 Nova || Antec C8

Spectre // Z790i Edge | 14900KF | 3090 Ti FTW3 | 48GB DDR5-8200 | RM1000e | EK Nucleus CR360 Direct Die || Prime A21

Methuselah // X79 Rampage IV Gene | Xeon E5 1680V2 | 2080 Ti | 32GB DDR3-2400 | GameMax 850W | EK Nucleus CR360 Dark || Prime AP201

Half-Breed // Dell Precision 7720 | BGA CPU Filth+MXM Quadro P5000 | 4K Display | Sub-$500 Grade A Refurb | Nothing to Write Home About

Mr. Fox YouTube Channel | Mr. Fox @ HWBOT

The average response time for a 911 call is 10 minutes. The response time of a .357 is 1400 feet per second. 

On 12/10/2023 at 8:07 PM, Mr. Fox said:

These products are for a very special market segment...

Interesting metal case fans from Alphacool... I like how they are made but $30 each is too expensive.

I wonder what Igor did with the review unit he got. I also posted in the thread he created after the review (Yup, fanboys is weird people - they don't accept the truth or the facts). Afterwards he had to temporarily close the thread until he can veryfy what he did wrong. 

Test: Alphacool Apex Stealth Metal Fan - the biggest disappointment of the year

Undvik = Avoid in English (Yp, I also speak Svedish).

114485?l=eyJyZXNvdXJjZSI6IlwvYXJ0aWtlbFw

On 12/12/2023 at 9:46 PM, Papusan said:

They looks nice but follow the tech trend. Looks over performance. Or design over functionality.

• Thumb Up 3

"The Killer"  ASUS ROG Z790 Apex Encore | 14900KS | 4090 HOF + 20 other graphics cards | 32GB DDR5 | Be Quiet! Dark Power Pro 12 - 1500 Watt | Second PSU - Cooler Master V750 SFX Gold 750W (For total of 2250W Power) | Corsair Obsidian 1000D | Custom Cooling | Asus ROG Strix XG27AQ 27" Monitors |

16 minutes ago, Papusan said:

I wonder what Igor did with the review unit he got. I also posted in the thread he created after the review. After wards he had to temporarily close the thread until he can veryfy what he did wrong. 

It is unfortunate that it does not perform better. It is far too expensive for me to even remotely consider as a viable option even if it performed the best, but lower performance at a higher price is a pretty condemning scenario.

It is puzzling to me that a fan could be considered the "most anticipated cooling product" of the year or the "biggest disappointment" of the year. I can't relate to the idea of a fan being overly stimulating one way or the other. Being excited about a fan just seems kind of weird to me. Evidently, fans are a fetish for some people.

• Thumb Up 1
  • Like 1

Wraith // Z790 Apex | 14900KF | 4090 Suprim X+Byksi Block | 48GB DDR5-8600 | Toughpower GF3 1650W | MO-RA3 360 | Hailea HC-500A || O11D XL EVO

Banshee // Z790 Apex Encore | 13900KS | 4090 Gaming OC+Alphacool Block | 48GB DDR5-8600 | RM1200x SHIFT | XT45 1080 Nova || Antec C8

Spectre // Z790i Edge | 14900KF | 3090 Ti FTW3 | 48GB DDR5-8200 | RM1000e | EK Nucleus CR360 Direct Die || Prime A21

Methuselah // X79 Rampage IV Gene | Xeon E5 1680V2 | 2080 Ti | 32GB DDR3-2400 | GameMax 850W | EK Nucleus CR360 Dark || Prime AP201

Half-Breed // Dell Precision 7720 | BGA CPU Filth+MXM Quadro P5000 | 4K Display | Sub-$500 Grade A Refurb | Nothing to Write Home About

The average response time for a 911 call is 10 minutes. The response time of a .357 is 1400 feet per second. 

On 12/7/2023 at 10:59 PM, Papusan said:

I wonder if there will be a few AD102 dies left for an 4080Ti cards. It seems nvidia have no problem get rid of the defective chips. And the profits is 3-6 times vs put them in an 4080Ti

Nvidia lists RTX 5880 Ada GPU, presumably a downgraded replacement for the RTX 6000 Ada in China

Either way, Nvidia is preparing to release yet another AD102-based ProViz graphics board.

Hmmm. Hope Nvidia have enough access to GDDR6 vram also for graphics cards outside China. I expect Nvidia, TSMC, Samsung and Micron is quite happy with the decision done by the U.S Government. More is more... Isn't it? Btw... Are nvidia alloved to sell cards with GDDR6X vram to the Chinese AI market? Hmmm

TSMC lands 'Super Hot Run' order for Nvidia's AI GPU for China.

Nvidia rushes to deliver modified AI GPU chips to China customers, allegedly places 'Super Hot Run' priority order with TSMC

Perhaps, now that Nvidia's H20, L20, and L2 GPUs offer lower performance than their counterparts aimed at the U.S. and Europe, Nvidia's China customers need more of China-specific GPUs to achieve desired performance levels. 

What exactly TSMC is set to produce for Nvidia is something that remains to be seen. Nvidia's rumored lineup of AI and HPC GPUs aimed at Chinese market includes the HGX H20 GPU (SXM card, GH100 silicon, 96 GB HBM3 memory), L20 (PCIe card, AD102 silicon, 48 GB GDDR6 memory), and L2 (PCIe card, AD104 silicon, 24 GB GDDR6 memory) and all of them use existing silicon.

• Thumb Up 1

27 minutes ago, Papusan said:

Hmmm. Hope Nvidia have enough access to GDDR6 vram also for graphics cards outside China. I expect Nvidia, TSMC, Samsung and Micron is quite happy with the decision done by the U.S Government. More is more... Isn't it? Btw... Are nvidia alloved to sell cards with GDDR6X vram to the Chinese AI market? Hmmm

TSMC lands 'Super Hot Run' order for Nvidia's AI GPU for China.

Nvidia rushes to deliver modified AI GPU chips to China customers, allegedly places 'Super Hot Run' priority order with TSMC

Perhaps, now that Nvidia's H20, L20, and L2 GPUs offer lower performance than their counterparts aimed at the U.S. and Europe, Nvidia's China customers need more of China-specific GPUs to achieve desired performance levels. 

What exactly TSMC is set to produce for Nvidia is something that remains to be seen. Nvidia's rumored lineup of AI and HPC GPUs aimed at Chinese market includes the HGX H20 GPU (SXM card, GH100 silicon, 96 GB HBM3 memory), L20 (PCIe card, AD102 silicon, 48 GB GDDR6 memory), and L2 (PCIe card, AD104 silicon, 24 GB GDDR6 memory) and all of them use existing silicon.

They should just come out and tell NVIDIA that they will be stiffly penalized for selling China anything that promotes business of any kind and just outright forbid them to service China clients in any manner and threaten to impose brutal fines if they do. In fact, they should just do that for all technology providers and not limit it to NVIDIA. Make it across the board for all companies. Maybe impose a 100% tax or a fine equal to twice the estimated revenue generated from the sale of any technology-related products or services to China. Make it functionally and financially impossible for them to conduct business with China.

• Thumb Up 1
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Mr. Fox said:

They should just come out and tell NVIDIA that they will be stiffly penalized for selling China anything that promotes business of any kind and just outright forbid them to service China clients in any manner and threaten to impose brutal fines if they do. In fact, they should just do that for all technology providers and not limit it to NVIDIA. Make it across the board for all companies. Maybe impose a 100% tax or a fine equal to twice the estimated revenue generated from the sale of products or services to China. Make it functionally financially impossible for them to conduct business with China.

The US Government haven't big enough balls to do that. I mentioned the same in my older posts. 

They are all without .... You know.

balls.jpg

On 11/23/2023 at 10:50 PM, Papusan said:

U.S Government should have issued an massive fine to Nvidia. In billiards. Be you sure.... Nvidia know what would happens with all the AD102 chips they flooded to China. And they know most of the cards would never ever end to the gamers... 

• Thumb Up 1
  • Haha 2

15 minutes ago, Papusan said:

The US Government haven't big enough balls to do that. I mentioned the same in my older posts. 

They are all without .... You know.

balls.jpg

I remember some people had an emotional meltdown when Trump put tariffs on China. It was a brilliant move and appropriate. Doing business with your enemies and providing them with a revenue stream of any kind doesn't make any sense. China doesn't have the resources to thrive without support from other countries and we should deprive them of anything they need to be successful as a nation. We should stop selling them anything and ban the import of anything they produce. It would mean doing without some things that are non-essential in the short term, but it would end up being worth the sacrifice in the long run. The bulk of what they produce is trash anyway.

• Thumb Up 1
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Papusan said:

I wonder what Igor did with the review unit he got. I also posted in the thread he created after the review (Yup, fanboys is weird people - they don't accept the truth or the facts). Afterwards he had to temporarily close the thread until he can veryfy what he did wrong. 

Undvik = Avoid in English

114485?l=eyJyZXNvdXJjZSI6IlwvYXJ0aWtlbFw

7 hours ago, Mr. Fox said:

It is unfortunate that it does not perform better. It is far too expensive for me to even remotely consider as a viable option even if it performed the best, but lower performance at a higher price is a pretty condemning scenario.

Yup. Aris is spot on. The design of the fan need to be improved (from 3:21) and from 6:28 he stated "I expected more... Way more". Fancy doesn't always pay off as we know.

What Alphacool have done here is right out from the book from our old friend F. Azor

FRAUD.jpg

• Thumb Up 1
  • Bump 1

12 hours ago, Papusan said:

Yup. Aris is spot on. The design of the fan need to be improved (from 3:21) and from 6:28 he stated "I expected more... Way more". Fancy doesn't always pay off as we know.

What Alphacool have done here is right out from the book from our old friend F. Azor

FRAUD.jpg

I'm at the point that I expect nothing less than garbage from tech companies. I only want to buy things from companies that accept hassle-free returns because about 8 or 9 out of 10 products that I purchase are a worthless or compromised piece of feces and I want my money back. So, yeah... not surprising at all. It's unfortunate that the supply of chintzy trash is so abundant and there is no longer any emphasis on quality. Even if it were fan-tastic (pun intended) it wouldn't be worth purchasing at a price north of $15, so it was predestined for failure in my eyes. If it was under $15 one could easily overlook it's lower performance like many of us have always done with the weak Arctic F12 fans that are super cheap.

But, I've moved on now. This product falls into the 80-90% bucket of filth and simply isn't worth burning any more calories on.

• Thumb Up 1
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, Mr. Fox said:

I'm at the point that I expect nothing less than garbage from tech companies. I only want to buy things from companies that accept hassle-free returns because about 8 or 9 out of 10 products that I purchase are a worthless or compromised piece of feces and I want my money back.

It seems AMD is the one that offer the less appealing tech. Before it was the their HW. Now their software. Their software tech is not worthy to be used in games. From 22:51 @Talon

Asus haven't only a problem with melting connectors if paired with Cablemod adapters. Also Gigabyte continue with their nice red arrow stickers pointing out their flawy designed PCB designs.

• Thumb Up 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Bump 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Papusan said:

It seems AMD is the one that offer the less appealing tech. Before it was the their HW. Now their software. Their software tech is not worthy to be used in games. From 22:51 @Talon

Asus haven't only a problem with melting connectors if paired with Cablemod adapters. Also Gigabyte continue with their nice red arrow stickers pointing out their flawy designed PCB designs.

It looks like some of the GPUs with cracks in this video are Asus, not only Gigabutt. I think any video card that doesn't receive proper support and is allowed to sag and bounce around is at risk to end up fractured. Same is true of people that handle their system like a ragdoll. The bigger and heavier the GPUs are, the more likely they are to end up with cracks or broken solder points due to flexing and distortion of the PCB. I think it is a huge mistake to ship a system with the video card installed in the PCIe slot. GPUs should be packaged separately and installed by the receiver. If the receiver lacks the basic skill necessary to install a video card, then they probably don't have any business owning the computer to begin with because they're too ignorant for that turn out well.  Aside from the probability of paying more for mediocre components than better components, the biggest drawback to purchasing a pre-built desktop is the physical damage that is very likely to occur in transit.

• Thumb Up 3
  • Like 1
  • Bump 1

1 hour ago, Papusan said:

AMD always seems to be a step behind on the GPU front unfortunately even in pockets against Intel. Whatever marketshare Intel is gaining in the GPU segment is mostly to the detriment to AMD. They have definitely made inroads on the CPU front.

Be careful @Papusan! Rough waters ahead!

Unless you want to start collecting Crocs like you do older GPUs! 😁

PJdMyke.png

• Haha 8

Electrosoft Prime: 7950X3D | MSI X670E Carbon  | MSI Suprim X Liquid 4090 | AC LF II 420 | G.Skill 6000 A-Die 2x32GB | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB | EVGA 1600w P2 | Phanteks Ethroo Pro | Alienware AW3225QF 32" OLED

MelMel:  AMD Ryzen 5 7600x | Asus B650 Prime | Powercolor Spectra White 7900XTX | Asus Ryugin III 240mm AIO | M-die 2x16GB Custom | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB | EVGA P2 850w | Hyte Y40 | BenQ 32" 4k
Heath: i9-12900k | EVGA CLC 280 | Asus Strix Z690 D4 | Asus Strix 3080 | 32GB DDR4 2x16GB B-Die 4000  | WD Black SN850 512GB |  EVGA DG-77 | Samsung G7 32" 144hz 32"

Eurocom Raptor X15 | 12900k | Nvidia RTX 3070ti | 15.6" 1080p 240hz | Kingston 3200 32GB (2x16GB) | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB Heatsink Edition

5 minutes ago, Mr. Fox said:

It looks like some of the GPUs with cracks in this video are Asus, not only Gigabutt. I think any video card that doesn't receive proper support and is allowed to sag and bounce around is at risk to end up fractured. Same is true of people that handle their system like a ragdoll. The bigger and heavier the GPUs are, the more likely they are to end up with cracks or broken solder points due to flexing and distortion of the PCB. I think it is a huge mistake to ship a system with the video card installed in the PCIe slot. GPUs should be packaged separately and installed by the receiver. If the receiver lacks the basic skill necessary to install a video card, then they probably don't have any business owning the computer to begin with because they're too ignorant for that turn out well.  Aside from the probability of paying more for mediocre components than better components, the biggest drawback to purchasing a pre-built desktop is the physical damage that is very likely to occur in transit.

Gigabyte and Asus 4090 GPUs are just ginormous. A GPU anti-sag bracket or post is mandatory. I even put one on the wife's Asus Strix 3080. With my GPUs I tend to run my power cables from the top vs the bottom for a little bit of extra support or at the very least not adding to their sag weight.

I like how some companies actually ship the GPU separate as a safety precaution and the end user just pops it back in. That seems the safest route (of course many end users don't feel comfortable installing their GPU hence why they buy a pre-built amongst many reasons).

• Thumb Up 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Like 1

Electrosoft Prime: 7950X3D | MSI X670E Carbon  | MSI Suprim X Liquid 4090 | AC LF II 420 | G.Skill 6000 A-Die 2x32GB | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB | EVGA 1600w P2 | Phanteks Ethroo Pro | Alienware AW3225QF 32" OLED

MelMel:  AMD Ryzen 5 7600x | Asus B650 Prime | Powercolor Spectra White 7900XTX | Asus Ryugin III 240mm AIO | M-die 2x16GB Custom | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB | EVGA P2 850w | Hyte Y40 | BenQ 32" 4k
Heath: i9-12900k | EVGA CLC 280 | Asus Strix Z690 D4 | Asus Strix 3080 | 32GB DDR4 2x16GB B-Die 4000  | WD Black SN850 512GB |  EVGA DG-77 | Samsung G7 32" 144hz 32"

Eurocom Raptor X15 | 12900k | Nvidia RTX 3070ti | 15.6" 1080p 240hz | Kingston 3200 32GB (2x16GB) | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB Heatsink Edition

41 minutes ago, Mr. Fox said:

33 minutes ago, electrosoft said:

Gigabyte and Asus 4090 GPUs are just ginormous. A GPU anti-sag bracket or post is mandatory. I even put one on the wife's Asus Strix 3080. With my GPUs I tend to run my power cables from the top vs the bottom for a little bit of extra support or at the very least not adding to their sag weight.

I like how some companies actually ship the GPU separate as a safety precaution and the end user just pops it back in. That seems the safest route (of course many end users don't feel comfortable installing their GPU hence why they buy a pre-built amongst many reasons).

It's well known that the Gigabyte cards have inferior PCB design. And from what I have seen/told from repairmans... The Gpu PCB from Asus flex quite a bit (even more than the trashy weird shaped PCB from Gigabyte) and are prone to crack as well due this. Much of this can be avoided with proper support sticks when the card is mounted. Also proper caring when you mount the card/take it out. But I expect some of the crack cases come from inserting/removing of the cards. As well if you ship the card mounted in an pc box. An inferiour PCB design is the major culprit togeteher with  user errors as already mentioned. And a good support stick won't always save the card from user errors. A solid PCB design can help reduce this problem. But as we know... Better PCB design cost more money.

36 minutes ago, electrosoft said:

Be careful @Papusan! Rough waters ahead!

Unless you want to start collecting Crocs like you do older GPUs! 😁

PJdMyke.png

LOOL. A real crocs family there.

• Thumb Up 2
  • Bump 1

25 minutes ago, Papusan said:

It's well known that the Gigabyte cards have inferior PCB design. And from what I have seen/told from repairmans... The Gpu PCB from Asus flex quite a bit (even more than the trashy weird shaped PCB from Gigabyte) and are prone to crack as well due this. Much of this can be avoided with proper support sticks when the card is mounted. Also proper caring when you mount the card/take it out. But I expect some of the crack cases come from inserting/removing of the cards. As well if you ship the card mounted in an pc box. An inferiour PCB design is the major culprit togeteher with  user errors as already mentioned. And a good support stick won't save the card from user errors. A solid PCB design can also help reduce this problem. 

Gigabutt is typically my last choice as their products are generally inferior in one or more ways. There are a few possibilities where I would consider making an exception if the price is low enough, but I am not fond of the brand overall. The only brand name that I am more likely to reject is AMD. And, I think a lot of what ASROCK sells is also cringe-worthy... especially their crummy motherboards. We're running out of options; so there's that problem, too.

• Thumb Up 2
  • Like 1

45 minutes ago, tps3443 said:

Anyone try these 8200c38 Patriot rams?

I have a pair I am gonna try on air cooling. 

Which kit? There was no detail in your post.

58 minutes ago, tps3443 said:

Sorry about that . It’s these sticks. Haven’t tried them just yet. 

They only cost $230 dollars, and they are “No RGB”

IMG-3039.jpg

IMG-3051.png

Those must be new to market. I don't remember ever seeing them before. Did you find them at Newegg or Amazon or some other place?

One of the best Samsung B-Die DDR4 kits I had were Patriot Viper Blackout. They also had the most effective stock heatsinks I had ever seen before. Unlike all the rest, they actually worked, LoL.

• Thumb Up 2

1 hour ago, Mr. Fox said:

Those must be new to market. I don't remember ever seeing them before. Did you find them at Newegg or Amazon or some other place?

One of the best Samsung B-Die DDR4 kits I had were Patriot Viper Blackout. They also had the most effective stock heatsinks I had ever seen before. Unlike all the rest, they actually worked, LoL.

BH Photo. 

@Mr. Fox

I'm testing these for my buddy in Malaysia, he bought them and mailed here so I can mail to him. These are only available in the USA.

They have screws on the heatspreaders for easy disassembly and they come apart super easy with normal thermal pads!!! And, no RGB lighting to get in the way. Last but not least, they are 8200c38 for a dirt cheap price that is unmatched lol. I actually went ahead and ordered me a set too. They will be here Monday or Tuesday.

Also, after mounting that water block you sent me using (4) screws and proper mounting pressure, I ran mcsp for the 2nd time, and it said 89!! 😍

IMG-3049.jpg

IMG-3056.jpg
IMG-3055.jpg

Since I am testing these on just air cooling for now, I’m limiting the tREFI to 65K. I’ll be the first to admit, they run okay on air cooling. 8400c36 with 1.560V VDD/VDDQ is 40C under a 100% stress. 

• Like 1

13900KF

This is a Linus Tech Tips video you guys would definitely find interesting:

Linus builds his own laptop out of desktop parts. Now that's a REAL laptop! I've seen industrial rugged cases like this before, but never one that looked like a laptop that you could actually install some respectable hardware into. This is the link to the case: https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/New-design-16-1-Inch-LCD_1600578225544.html

I also found a version that can fit an ATX motherboard: https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/Panel-PC-Server-Case-With-LCD_1600578236601.html?spm=a2700.shop_plgr.41413.11.3e411b1cQlT2wq

We can make some very interesting builds with these! No need for me to custom fab my own case anymore!

• Thumb Up 4
  • Bump 1

AlienyHackbook: Alienware M17X R5 | i7-4930MX | GTX 1060 | 32GB DDR3L Kingston HyperX @ 2133 MHz CL 12 | MacOS Sierra 10.12.5 | Windows 10 LTSC | Hackintoshes Rule!

Desktop Killer: Clevo X170SM-G | i9-10900K | RTX 2080 Super | 32GB DDR4 Crucial Ballistix @ 3200 MHz CL 16 | Windows 10 LTSC | Slayer Of Desktops

Sagattarius A: Custom Built Desktop | i9-10900K | RX 6950 XT | 32GB DDR4 G.Skill Ripjaws @ 4000 MHz CL 15 | Windows 10 LTSC | Ultimate Performance Desktop With Cryo Cooling!

2 hours ago, tps3443 said:

They have screws on the heatspreaders for easy disassembly and they come apart super easy with normal thermal pads!!! And, no RGB lighting to get in the way. Last but not least, they are 8200c38 for a dirt cheap price that is unmatched lol. I actually went ahead and ordered me a set too. They will be here Monday or Tuesday.

Those Viper Blackout DDR4 modules I mentioned also had heatsinks with screws and normal thermal pads, not the cheap trash that is so common now that is utterly worthless and traps heat.

45 minutes ago, Clamibot said:

This is a Linus Tech Tips video you guys would definitely find interesting:

Linus builds his own laptop out of desktop parts. Now that's a REAL laptop! I've seen industrial rugged cases like this before, but never one that looked like a laptop that you could actually install some respectable hardware into. This is the link to the case: https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/New-design-16-1-Inch-LCD_1600578225544.html

I also found a version that can fit an ATX motherboard: https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/Panel-PC-Server-Case-With-LCD_1600578236601.html?spm=a2700.shop_plgr.41413.11.3e411b1cQlT2wq

We can make some very interesting builds with these! No need for me to custom fab my own case anymore!

Not sure if that is the same one I saw the other day or not, but will only be available on Chinese sites like AliExpress and uses desktop CPU and desktop 4080, and has water cooling. It's kind of neat, but I think it would have more compromises that I am willing to make. I don't know if they use a standard desktop mATX or mini-ITX mobo. That would also be a requirement. Proprietary mobos are one of the numerous reasons I despise laptops now. But, I can certainly see where this would be very exciting for some folks.

• Thumb Up 2