NotebookTalk

*Official Benchmark Thread* - Post it here or it didn't happen :D

Mr. Fox

No 4090s anywhere. Then the newer and cheaper/better 4080S shows up, scalper prices mostly, in limited stock and then unavailable/sold out within 24 hours of launch. Now, suddenly, 4090s become available again (at least a few days ago) at near MSRP prices. Meanwhile, either nobody wants something less than a 4080 or they have overproduced the inferior budget cards like 4070 Ti Super and below because there is no shortage of them, and never has been. This smells like a scalping scam and market manipulation to me.

• Thumb Up 2
  • Like 1

Wraith // Z790 Apex | 14900KF | 4090 Suprim X+Byksi Block | 48GB DDR5-8600 | Toughpower GF3 1650W | MO-RA3 360 | Hailea HC-500A || O11D XL EVO

Banshee // Z790 Apex Encore | 13900KS | 4090 Gaming OC+Alphacool Block | 48GB DDR5-8600 | RM1200x SHIFT | XT45 1080 Nova || Antec C8

Spectre // Z790i Edge | 14900KF | 3090 Ti FTW3 | 48GB DDR5-8200 | RM1000e | EK Nucleus CR360 Direct Die || Prime A21

Methuselah // X79 Rampage IV Gene | Xeon E5 1680V2 | 2080 Ti | 32GB DDR3-2400 | GameMax 850W | EK Nucleus CR360 Dark || Prime AP201

Half-Breed // Dell Precision 7720 | BGA CPU Filth+MXM Quadro P5000 | 4K Display | Sub-$500 Grade A Refurb | Nothing to Write Home About

Mr. Fox YouTube Channel | Mr. Fox @ HWBOT

The average response time for a 911 call is 10 minutes. The response time of a .357 is 1400 feet per second. 

5 hours ago, Mr. Fox said:

No 4090s anywhere. Then the newer and cheaper/better 4080S shows up, scalper prices mostly, in limited stock and then unavailable/sold out within 24 hours of launch. Now, suddenly, 4090s become available again (at least a few days ago) at near MSRP prices. Meanwhile, either nobody wants something less than a 4080 or they have overproduced the inferior budget cards like 4070 Ti Super and below because there is no shortage of them, and never has been. This smells like a scalping scam and market manipulation to me.

Hmmm. Maybe loads of the produced 4080 Super cards go directly into China now? Remember China stands for 1/3 of the global GPU market. If China AI companies suck up most of the limited Defective 4090's they can find then expect 4080 Super above MSRP will be an good options for the gamers that want any available flagship cards they can find. If you live in the west you probably can find 4090's you can buy forwards. Big win win solution... For Nvidia and their board partners. Increased ASP help on the bottom line. Average Selling Price (ASP)

Edit. Regarding the angled mess from Cablemod... 

If your GPU is damaged because of a failed adapter, we will repair it if your damage claim is submitted to us by February 22, 2024. CableMod will no longer reimburse the purchase price of a GPU that may have been damaged by a failed angled adapter.

If all they offer is a repair.... They can't stick aways from the cards orginal genuine warranty. If you lose your warranty because you used their angled fire crackers, they have to offer exactly same warranty as the AIB partner/your home town. And not only for the connector failure. The whole card has to keep same orginal warranty in the whole warranted lifespan... 

Btw. Maybe it's time buy a real pc box instead for the modern small PC joke-boxes out there. Or just buy a graphics cards meant for modern tiny boxes. A truck engine isn't intended to be used for motorcycles/mini cars, so..... That's that.

st.jpg

I wonder when we will see a world wide recall. 

fai.jpg

Btw. I wonder how many will buy used or so called new Cablemod angled adapters on etc Ebay and similar sales webpages without knowing how they "perform". They will pay the ultimate price. 

• Thumb Up 2

"The Killer"  ASUS ROG Z790 Apex Encore | 14900KS | 4090 HOF + 20 other graphics cards | 32GB DDR5 | Be Quiet! Dark Power Pro 12 - 1500 Watt | Second PSU - Cooler Master V750 SFX Gold 750W (For total of 2250W Power) | Corsair Obsidian 1000D | Custom Cooling | Asus ROG Strix XG27AQ 27" Monitors |

Papusan @ HWBOTTeam PremaMod @ HWBOT | Papusan @ YouTube Channel

3 hours ago, Mr. Fox said:

I think it’s a desirability/demand thing. I refused to upgrade for a while. Mainly because I didn’t want to spend $1800 on another GPU. However, the release of the 4080 Super swayed me. And I imagine it swayed thousands of other people too. This may sound crazy, but It’s actually an amazing value proposition for $999. We get a new and super fast GPU, and we get new features like frame gen and better DLSS. I think all of the millions of 3080/3080Ti/3090 owners were finally like okay let’s grab a 4080 Super too. The 4070Ti Super is just not fast enough for $799.99 or a worthy upgrade, so no one really wanted one. If you’re spending $800 may as well spend $1000. But if you’re spending $1000 we can’t just easily jump to $1600 lol. Thats like buying a 4080 Super and a 4070 Super together. 

So in the end, I think the 4080 Super probably just has a high demand on it because it’s the “Good enough” high end performance. Now if scalpers would just find something else to do. I am really hoping to get a Suprim-X next week lol. 

• Thumb Up 4
  • Bump 1

13900KF

Thank god I have the HOF with notification in the hardware and dual power connector. Got flash warning in my bench session and turned off the pc. The left power connector wasn't properly connected and when I took of the connector I saw the hook was barely together. I tried to adjust the gap on the hook and it just fell off. Can't say I'm happy with the Bequiet 12+4 pin power cable. I bench many different cards so I take the card in and out. But far from 30 times. This fragile little piece of power connector is pure trash. At least the power pins and the terminals was clean and nice. That's something.

Afterwards I plugged in the broken 12VHPWR connector back on the card without the hook and started up the PC again. Run a bench to see if everything worked. Risky... Oh yeah, but I wanted to see if everything worked well before I take out the card and put back one of my other HOF cards. I won't risk this card with continued benching with a broken 12VHPWR connector😀 Now I need to order, not only one but two new. I don't risk re-use the second 12VHPWR cable. And I will send in an complaint to beQuiet support.

Damn Nvidia... I wish they started to use their brain and go back to bigger and better power connectors. This isn't good enough. I have not enough time to deal with such trashware.

qitinF2.jpg

5P67qzP.jpg?1

BOgEnQB.jpg

JASpJl7.jpg?1

FLASHING.jpg

At least I got finished 3Dmark 11 Performance before I removed the card😎

https://hwbot.org/submission/5477024_papusan_3dmark11___performance_geforce_rtx_4090_82551_marks

3091954.jpg

• Sad 3

"The Killer"  ASUS ROG Z790 Apex Encore | 14900KS | 4090 HOF + 20 other graphics cards | 32GB DDR5 | Be Quiet! Dark Power Pro 12 - 1500 Watt | Second PSU - Cooler Master V750 SFX Gold 750W (For total of 2250W Power) | Corsair Obsidian 1000D | Custom Cooling | Asus ROG Strix XG27AQ 27" Monitors |

I found an Alphacool block on sale at Titan Rig and ordered that instead of the Bykski block. It's about $25 less. I've not owned an Alphacool GPU block before, so I am hoping it works as well or better.

block.jpg

GPU runs very cool for being on air, but it should because of having a massive heatsink, 7 heat pipes and vapor chamber.

COD-DLSS-DISABLED.jpg

COD-DLSS-ENABLED.jpg

34 minutes ago, Papusan said:

Thank god I have the HOF with notification in the hardware and dual power connector. Got flash warning in my bench session and turned off the pc. The left power connector wasn't properly connected and when I took of the connector I saw the hook was barely together. I tried to adjust the gap on the hook and it just fell off. Can't say I'm happy with the Bequiet 12+4 pin power cable. I bench many different cards so I take the card in and out. But far from 30 times. This fragile little piece of power connector is pure trash. At least the power pins and the terminals was clean and nice. That's something.

Afterwards I plugged in the broken 12VHPWR connector back on the card without the hook and started up the PC again. Run one bench to see if everything worked. Risky... Oh yeah, but I wanted to see if everything worked well before I take out the card and put back one of my other cards. I won't risk the card with continued benching with a broken 12VHPWR connector😀

Maybe they will send you a replacement cable. Hopefully they will not give you the run-around. How they address this issue will show us if be quiet! is actually worthy of the reputation they have developed. Can you use the insanely ugly stock 12VHPWR adapter with 8-pin connections in the meanwhile? 

I don't think there is any good way for this connector to be made. It's simply too small and too fragile to ever be good no matter what brand one buys. It has always been an idiotic idea, but we expect nothing less from idiots, so I digress.

• Thumb Up 2
  • Haha 1
  • Bump 1

Wraith // Z790 Apex | 14900KF | 4090 Suprim X+Byksi Block | 48GB DDR5-8600 | Toughpower GF3 1650W | MO-RA3 360 | Hailea HC-500A || O11D XL EVO

Banshee // Z790 Apex Encore | 13900KS | 4090 Gaming OC+Alphacool Block | 48GB DDR5-8600 | RM1200x SHIFT | XT45 1080 Nova || Antec C8

Spectre // Z790i Edge | 14900KF | 3090 Ti FTW3 | 48GB DDR5-8200 | RM1000e | EK Nucleus CR360 Direct Die || Prime A21

Methuselah // X79 Rampage IV Gene | Xeon E5 1680V2 | 2080 Ti | 32GB DDR3-2400 | GameMax 850W | EK Nucleus CR360 Dark || Prime AP201

Half-Breed // Dell Precision 7720 | BGA CPU Filth+MXM Quadro P5000 | 4K Display | Sub-$500 Grade A Refurb | Nothing to Write Home About

The average response time for a 911 call is 10 minutes. The response time of a .357 is 1400 feet per second. 

14 minutes ago, Mr. Fox said:

Maybe they will send you a replacement cable. Hopefully they will not give you the run-around. How they address this issue will show us if be quiet! is actually deserving of the reputation they have developed. Can you use the insanely ugly stock 12VHPWR adapter with 8-pin connections in the meanwhile?

Regardless.. I will buy two new. See what they say. And I put in and out cards so have spare parts like this tiny trash is probably smart.

Nope. I don't want use that dual pigtails. They use 8x8 pins for the HOF and I don't want change how it is inside the pc box. I'll go back to benching my old cards while I wait for new cables. I'll put in the 970 HOF for now. 

• Thumb Up 3
  • Bump 1

7 minutes ago, Papusan said:

Regardless.. I will buy two new. See what they say. And I put in and out cards so have spare parts like this tiny trash is probably smart.

Nope. I don't want use that dual pigtails. They use 8x8 pins for the HOF and I don't want change how it is inside the pc box. I'll go back to benching my old cards while I wait for new cables. 

Whether or not they are deserving of our respect will be determined by their response. I look forward to finding out how they handle this for you. I am optimistic they will give you a replacement, but that is based on an assumption about their integrity at this point. Adapter flaws aside, Cablemod set the bar on how a company needs to take ownership of their failures. It shouldn't cost the consumer/victim a dime.

Yeah, I don't blame you for not wanting to use the pigtail adapter. It is inconvenient having to change out the cables on top of being a butt-ugly contraption. The person(s) responsible for designing such an abortion should find a new line of work. They're obviously not very good at their current job(s).

• Thumb Up 1
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, Mr. Fox said:

Whether or not they are deserving of our respect will be determined by their response. I look forward to finding out how they handle this for you. I am optimistic they will give you a replacement, but that is based on an assumption about their integrity at this point. Adapter flaws aside, Cablemod set the bar on how a company needs to take ownership of their failures. It shouldn't cost the consumer/victim a dime.

Yeah, I don't blame you for not wanting to use the pigtail adapter. It is inconvenient having to change out the cables on top of being a butt-ugly contraption. The person(s) responsible for designing such an abortion should find a new line of work. They're obviously not very good at their current job(s).

Two new original adapters cost $37.50 USD ($18.75 with one cable). Not the world's end. But will send a complaint when I have the time. Most important is to order so I have them within reasonable time from the Norwegian pc shop. Get replacements from Bequiet in Germany take probably +4 weeks included support time. 

But I will enjoy go back to the old fashion 8-pins cables for the old cards🙂 Nothing can beat old reliable tech. 

U9yZpxk.jpg 

• Thumb Up 1
  • Like 1
  • Bump 1

When I got this 4080 Super it was the first time messing with the new cable plug. It was a PAIN to hear that click. I actually thought I was going to damage the card I was pressing so hard. But it did eventually click and fully seat, plus I don’t think these draw nearly enough power to cause any worry. Anyone else notice this? 

• Thumb Up 1
  • Like 1

13900KF

2 hours ago, tps3443 said:

When I got this 4080 Super it was the first time messing with the new cable plug. It was a PAIN to hear that click. I actually thought I was going to damage the card I was pressing so hard. But it did eventually click and fully seat, plus I don’t think these draw nearly enough power to cause any worry. Anyone else notice this? 

Variable quality. Enjoy.

https://www.igorslab.de/endlos-loop-nvidia-und-ein-12vhpwr-12v2x6-adapter-ohne-echte-arretierung-serienstreuung-oder-einmaliger-ausrutscher/

3 hours ago, Papusan said:

But I will enjoy go back to the old fashion 8-pins cables for the old cards🙂 Nothing can beat old reliable tech. 

U9yZpxk.jpg

Back to the old. GPUPI - 1B with GTX970

https://hwbot.org/submission/5477082_papusan_gpupi___1b_geforce_gtx_970_24sec_327ms?recalculate=true

3092010.jpg

• Thumb Up 1

4080 S is available in the US again (+10% scalping tax). 

Nice to see 4090 prices getting more in line as well. Further correction to come on the back of 4080S availability, and particularly if the AI hype bubble starts bursting in anger.

• Thumb Up 2
  • Like 1
  • Bump 1

"We're rushing towards a cliff, but the closer we get, the more scenic the views are."

-- Max Tegmark

AI: Major Emerging Existential Threat To Humanity

6 hours ago, Etern4l said:

Nice to see 4090 prices getting more in line as well. Further correction to come on the back of 4080S availability, and particularly if the AI hype bubble starts bursting in anger.

Yes, it is interesting. GPU prices aside, I would love to see AI development fail hard and cause  losses for those that sank their money into it. People that play with fire need to get burned.

• Like 1
  • Bump 1

11 hours ago, Papusan said:

Afterwards I plugged in the broken 12VHPWR connector back on the card without the hook and started up the PC again. Run a bench to see if everything worked. Risky... Oh yeah, but I wanted to see if everything worked well before I take out the card and put back one of my other HOF cards. I won't risk this card with continued benching with a broken 12VHPWR connector😀 Now I need to order, not only one but two new. I don't risk re-use the second 12VHPWR cable. And I will send in an complaint to beQuiet support.

Damn Nvidia... I wish they started to use their brain and go back to bigger and better power connectors. This isn't good enough. I have not enough time to deal with such trashware.

qitinF2.jpg

5P67qzP.jpg?1

BOgEnQB.jpg

JASpJl7.jpg?1

FLASHING.jpg

At least I got finished 3Dmark 11 Performance before I removed the card😎

https://hwbot.org/submission/5477024_papusan_3dmark11___performance_geforce_rtx_4090_82551_marks

3091954.jpg

Well.....

At least you know that plug/unplug rating wasn't a myth...... 😞

But it just continues to show what a trash design the 12VHPWR really is in its current form. Hopefully next gen they make some serious course corrections. AMD was smart to stick with the 2-3x 8-pin connectors.

6 hours ago, Etern4l said:

Nothing will truly be in line till we get to consistent stock of $999 cards and $1599 cards. Outside of the FE on the 4090 (which appears from time to time when the dance to the GPU overlords is performed JUST RIGHT), that might be a thing of the past even the lower tier cards as even on Best Buy prices are up on cards that actually come in stock. As for the 4080 Super, I expect the $999 cards to eventually align properly as this initial rush abates.

• Thumb Up 3

Electrosoft Prime: 7950X3D | MSI X670E Carbon  | MSI Suprim X Liquid 4090 | AC LF II 420 | G.Skill 6000 A-Die 2x32GB | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB | EVGA 1600w P2 | Phanteks Ethroo Pro | Alienware AW3225QF 32" OLED

MelMel:  AMD Ryzen 5 7600x | Asus B650 Prime | Powercolor Spectra White 7900XTX | Asus Ryugin III 240mm AIO | M-die 2x16GB Custom | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB | EVGA P2 850w | Hyte Y40 | BenQ 32" 4k
Heath: i9-12900k | EVGA CLC 280 | Asus Strix Z690 D4 | Asus Strix 3080 | 32GB DDR4 2x16GB B-Die 4000  | WD Black SN850 512GB |  EVGA DG-77 | Samsung G7 32" 144hz 32"

Eurocom Raptor X15 | 12900k | Nvidia RTX 3070ti | 15.6" 1080p 240hz | Kingston 3200 32GB (2x16GB) | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB Heatsink Edition

46 minutes ago, electrosoft said:

Well.....

But it just continues to show what a trash design the 12VHPWR really is in its current form. Hopefully next gen they make some serious course corrections. AMD was smart to stick with the 2-3x 8-pin connectors.

Nothing will truly be in line till we get to consistent stock of $999 cards and $1599 cards. Outside of the FE on the 4090 (which appears from time to time when the dance to the GPU overlords is performed JUST RIGHT), that might be a thing of the past even the lower tier cards as even on Best Buy prices are up on cards that actually come in stock. As for the 4080 Super, I expect the $999 cards to eventually align properly as this initial rush abates.

Here I see prices ranging £960-1060 (gigab…, Zotac, Palit, Inno3D). Taking the exchange rate and tax into account, these are roughly USD prices ex sales tax. The question is whether availability of $1000 4080S' will affect demand for 4090s, given that scuMVidia clearly nerfed the former (more cores etc. - same performance). 

4090 stock to boot BTW starting at £1720 (Palit) and £1750 (our Gigab… friends again). The rest (MSI etc) generally in £1800-2000 range. 

I can also see some US stock around $1800

https://www.newegg.com/gigabyte-geforce-rtx-4090-gv-n4090gaming-oc-24gd/p/N82E16814932550?Item=N82E16814932550

https://www.newegg.com/pny-geforce-rtx-4090-vcg409024tfxpb1/p/N82E16814133849?Item=9SIBN7EJY04295

• Thumb Up 2
  • Bump 2

"We're rushing towards a cliff, but the closer we get, the more scenic the views are."

-- Max Tegmark

Big-box retailers might be more inclined to fall in line with MSRP recommendations, but I do not believe "marketplace" sellers on Amazon, NewEgg and fleaBay will ever conduct business in an honorable fashion and they will always have a place in the scalper hall of shame until stupid people stop opening their wallets and helping them thrive. If people will stop being stupid, the scalpers won't be successful and will have no option other than finding another shady way of making a buck. Right now we are probably seeing some degree of "monkey-see, monkey-do" shenanigans playing out at the retailer level. If dummies are willing to pay scalper ransoms, the retailers (at least some of them) are going to juice their prices a little bit, just because they can, while not resembling the absurd scalper pricing.

The only common retailers that are consistently above-board and respectable with pricing are Micro Center, NewEgg (sold and shipped by NewEgg, non-marketplace), B&H and Best Buy. As a result, they are often sold out on popular products. Micro Center is arguably the best of the best, but they're of zero value to anyone that doesn't live within driving distance of a store. They don't allow online purchases and do not ship products most of us are interested in buying. The most unfortunate thing with Best Buy is they almost never sell enthusiast-level computer components like mobos and GPUs. They cater to mainstream mid- and low-range hardware buyers and their selection of products in the mid- and low-range is also limited.

Once in a while Amazon has something on offer (sold and shipped by Amazon, non-marketplace) at the correct price, but they sell out quickly, leaving only the marketplace scalpers with stock available for purchase. Sometimes it is difficult to even find the correctly-priced items on Amazon because they often do not appear in search results and they are eclipsed by the plethora of scummy scalpers.

• Thumb Up 4
  • Bump 1

52 minutes ago, Etern4l said:

Here I see prices ranging £960-1060 (gigab…, Zotac, Palit, Inno3D). Taking the exchange rate and tax into account, these are roughly USD prices ex sales tax. The question is whether availability of $1000 4080S' will affect demand for 4090s, given that scuMVidia clearly nerfed the former (more cores etc. - same performance). 

4090 stock to boot BTW starting at £1720 (Palit) and £1750 (our Gigab… friends again). The rest (MSI etc) generally in £1800-2000 range. 

I can also see some US stock around $1800

https://www.newegg.com/gigabyte-geforce-rtx-4090-gv-n4090gaming-oc-24gd/p/N82E16814932550?Item=N82E16814932550

https://www.newegg.com/pny-geforce-rtx-4090-vcg409024tfxpb1/p/N82E16814133849?Item=9SIBN7EJY04295

Yeah, it seems $1720(MC) and $1800 (NE) is the new "entry level" pricing for 4090s now. Many of those cards were $1600-$1650 on launch.

Microcenter and to a degree Best Buy will always show you want the fair MSRP current pricing is in the US. Newegg and Amazon are just garbage with even Newegg getting in on the scalping (aka supply/demand).

MSI Suprim Liquid 4090 was $1749.99 at launch and it is now $1939 at MC $2299 at Newegg (shipped by but sold by....odd).

Best Buy has many models listed at their original MSRP but they are never in stock. The only ones that come into stock are the pricier models or models that have had their MSRPs increased.

Newegg is just scummy with their opportunistic price gouging even shipped and sold from newegg. They continue to grossly inflate their prices even compared to other sellers.

14 minutes ago, Mr. Fox said:

Big-box retailers might be more inclined to fall in line with MSRP recommendations, but I do not believe "marketplace" sellers on Amazon, NewEgg and fleaBay will ever conduct business in an honorable fashion and they will always have a place in the scalper hall of shame until stupid people stop opening their wallets and helping them thrive. If people will stop being stupid, the scalpers won't be successful and will have no option other than finding another shady way of making a buck. Right now we are probably seeing some degree of "monkey-see, monkey-do" shenanigans playing out at the retailer level. If dummies are willing to pay scalper ransoms, the retailers (at least some of them) are going to juice their prices a little bit, just because they can, while not resembling the absurd scalper pricing.

The only common retailers that are consistently above-board and respectable with pricing are Micro Center, NewEgg (sold and shipped by NewEgg, non-marketplace), B&H and Best Buy. As a result, they are often sold out on popular products. Micro Center is arguably the best of the best, but they're of zero value to anyone that doesn't live within driving distance of a store. They don't allow online purchases and do not ship products most of us are interested in buying. The most unfortunate thing with Best Buy is they almost never sell enthusiast-level computer components like mobos and GPUs. They cater to mainstream mid- and low-range hardware buyers and their selection of products in the mid- and low-range is also limited.

Once in a while Amazon has something on offer (sold and shipped by Amazon, non-marketplace) at the correct price, but they sell out quickly, leaving only the marketplace scalpers with stock available for purchase. Sometimes it is difficult to even find the correctly-priced items on Amazon because they often do not appear in search results and they are eclipsed by the plethora of scummy scalpers.

I said it before and I'll say it again. Amazon has the worst search engine ever created. They need to overhaul it stat.

• Thumb Up 6

Electrosoft Prime: 7950X3D | MSI X670E Carbon  | MSI Suprim X Liquid 4090 | AC LF II 420 | G.Skill 6000 A-Die 2x32GB | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB | EVGA 1600w P2 | Phanteks Ethroo Pro | Alienware AW3225QF 32" OLED

MelMel:  AMD Ryzen 5 7600x | Asus B650 Prime | Powercolor Spectra White 7900XTX | Asus Ryugin III 240mm AIO | M-die 2x16GB Custom | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB | EVGA P2 850w | Hyte Y40 | BenQ 32" 4k
Heath: i9-12900k | EVGA CLC 280 | Asus Strix Z690 D4 | Asus Strix 3080 | 32GB DDR4 2x16GB B-Die 4000  | WD Black SN850 512GB |  EVGA DG-77 | Samsung G7 32" 144hz 32"

Eurocom Raptor X15 | 12900k | Nvidia RTX 3070ti | 15.6" 1080p 240hz | Kingston 3200 32GB (2x16GB) | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB Heatsink Edition

9 minutes ago, electrosoft said:

I said it before and I'll say it again. Amazon has the worst search engine ever created. They need to overhaul it stat.

This just in:

https://www.reuters.com/technology/amazon-steers-consumers-higher-priced-items-lawsuit-claims-2024-02-09/

• Thumb Up 1
  • Bump 2

-- Max Tegmark

4 minutes ago, Etern4l said:

I'm shocked....shocked I say! /s

It just continues to double down on the "corporations are not your friend" mantra.

• Thumb Up 2
  • Like 2

20 minutes ago, electrosoft said:

I'm shocked....shocked I say! /s

It just continues to double down on the "corporations are not your friend" mantra.

It’s a “friends with benefits” kind of arrangement, where customers too often end up providing the benefits.

• Thumb Up 2
  • Haha 1

-- Max Tegmark

34 minutes ago, tps3443 said:

You know, since I’m returning this 4080 Super anyways, it has got me kinda thinking lol. I could save a little more and get a 4090 lol.

Good. All things considered, and as much I've learned about you over the years, I didn't think a 4080 Super would suffice. I am in the same boat as you with buying a house and if you get a 4090, that means I will get one too. You're making the decision for the both of us, hahaha. No pressure. 

• Thumb Up 1
  • Haha 6

Connecticut Citizens Defense League: Carry On!

1 hour ago, tps3443 said:

You know, since I’m returning this 4080 Super anyways, it has got me kinda thinking lol. I could save a little more and get a 4090 lol.

orly 😛 do it!

• Thumb Up 1
  • Like 1

Mine: Hyperion "Titan God of Heat, Heavenly Light, Power" (2022-24)
AMD Ryzen 9 7950X (TG High Perf. IHS) / Asus ROG Crosshair X670E Extreme / MSI Geforce RTX 4090 Suprim X / Teamgroup T-Force Delta RGB DDR5-8200 2x24 GB / Seagate Firecuda 530 4 TB / 5x Samsung 860 Evo 4 TB / Arctic Liquid Freezer II 420 (Push/Pull 6x Noctua NF-A14 IndustrialPPC-3000 intake) / Seasonic TX-1600 W Titanium / Phanteks Enthoo Pro 2 TG (3x Arctic P12 A-RGB intake / 4x Arctic P14 A-RGB exhaust / 1x Arctic P14 A-RGB RAM cooling) / Samsung Odyssey Neo G8 32" 4K 240 Hz / Ducky One 3 Daybreak Fullsize Cherry MX Brown / Corsair M65 Ultra RGB / PDP Afterglow Wave Black

My Lady's: Clevo NH55JNNQ "Alfred" (2022-24)
Sharp LQ156M1JW03 FHD matte 15.6" IGZO 8 bit @248 Hz / Intel Core i5 12600 / Nvidia Geforce RTX 3070 Ti / Mushkin Redline DDR4-3200 2x32 GB / Samsung 970 Pro 1 TB / Samsung 870 QVO 8 TB / Intel AX201 WIFI 6+BT 5.2 / Win 11 Pro Phoenix Lite OS / 230 W PSU powered by Prema Mod!

5 hours ago, electrosoft said:

Well.....

Have never been a myth. Neither was it with the old fashion 8-pin connectors. The main difference.... The new tiny junk should have lower plug/unplug rating. You are lucky if the 12+4 pin connectors keep up with specs. 

In short... Alll too tiny and fragile. 50% bigger would be a blessing. I have no problem with the 12+4 pin connectors  if they was a bit bigger and less fragile. 

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4080 SUPER stock running low in the US, no MSRP cards available videocardz.com
https://videocardz.com/newz/nvidia-geforce-rtx-4080-super-stock-running-low-in-the-us-no-msrp-cards-available

Not the same problem here home. Less of the flagship models are available but you can find cards that fits your need.

• Thumb Up 1
  • Bump 1

Wish we could get some betting market going around this stuff, too easy lol.

“Will a gamer/OCer, previously running a 1KW 24GB graphics card settle for a slim/blower 16GB model designed for professionals, with the castrated 4080S still being about 25% slower than the 4090? Note: saving for a house!” 🙂

• Haha 5

-- Max Tegmark

5 minutes ago, Etern4l said:

Wish we could get some betting market going around this stuff, too easy lol.

“Will a gamer/OCer, previously running a 1KW 24GB graphics card settle for a slim/blower 16GB model designed for professionals, with the castrated 4080S still being about 25% slower than the 4090? Note: saving for a house!” 🙂

The fact that a purchase between a house and a 4090 is even a thing is something im still wrestling with lol

• Haha 8