NotebookTalk

*Official Benchmark Thread* - Post it here or it didn't happen :D

Mr. Fox

38 minutes ago, Talon said:

Wife got a pretty expensive fitness ring a few weeks ago. The company used USPS for shipment and it got "delivered" in/at our mailbox. LOL. Nothing there. Luckily the next morning a neighbor that got the package walked it over. I was just about to head over to the PO and start the claim when she showed up at my front door. Honestly though, usually they are pretty decent for me. I hope it shows up tomorrow for you! 

It is also possible it will still show up today but wasn't scanned upon arrival at the destination facility. I have seen that happen a few times recently as well.

What has been happening recently with late USPS Priority Mail packages is they get to one of the post offices between the origin and destination and then don't move for a day or two for some reason. The status doesn't change, then the original delivery date passes and the status changes to "unavailable" and then it shows up, but the stops along the way are not clearly documented and no explanation is offered for the delay.

I've also had packages that show delivered and signed for by someone in a totally different city. I ordered an NVMe drive from NewEgg probably a year ago now that everything except the final delivery was normal. It showed delivery and signed for by "Corey at front desk" in Mesa, AZ. I do not live in Mesa. My name is not Corey and I do not have a "front desk" at my residence. NewEgg gave me a refund with no hassles, but my concern is more for the incompetence of the US Postal Service. They used to be one of only a few governmental entities that one could consider reliable and competent, but I don't think so anymore. The best way to screw anything up is to allow a government entity to control it.

I have also seen a decline in overall workforce competency across the board. Good help is hard to find and there are more losers that could not do anything right if their lives depended on it than I have ever seen before. Too many just don't care and can't be counted on to do a good job, and I've noticed an uptick in morbid stupidity in the private sector workforce as well.

The Z790i Edge motherboard I bought from @electrosoft and the SP117 CPU I purchased (about the same time) were two other recent examples of very late USPS Priority Mail deliveries.

• Thumb Up 2

Wraith // Z790 Apex | 14900KF | 4090 Suprim X+Byksi Block | 48GB DDR5-8600 | Toughpower GF3 1650W | MO-RA3 360 | Hailea HC-500A || O11D XL EVO

Banshee // Z790 Apex Encore | 13900KS | 4090 Gaming OC+Alphacool Block | 48GB DDR5-8600 | RM1200x SHIFT | XT45 1080 Nova || Antec C8

Spectre // Z790i Edge | 14900KF | 3090 Ti FTW3 | 48GB DDR5-8200 | RM1000e | EK Nucleus CR360 Direct Die || Prime A21

Methuselah // X79 Rampage IV Gene | Xeon E5 1680V2 | 2080 Ti | 32GB DDR3-2400 | GameMax 850W | EK Nucleus CR360 Dark || Prime AP201

Half-Breed // Dell Precision 7720 | BGA CPU Filth+MXM Quadro P5000 | 4K Display | Sub-$500 Grade A Refurb | Nothing to Write Home About

Mr. Fox YouTube Channel | Mr. Fox @ HWBOT

The average response time for a 911 call is 10 minutes. The response time of a .357 is 1400 feet per second. 

Little off topic  but just got this notification:

BREAKING: NVIDIA ADDED $277 BILLION IN VALUE TODAY, THE GREATEST SINGLE-DAY GAIN IN MARKET HISTORY. ...

All thanks to AI craze

https://cheddar.com/media/nvidias-winning-streak-continues-earnings-exceed-expectations

How many leather  jackets will Jensen buy?

🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 5
  • Sad 1

7950X3D| Zotac 4090 AMP Extreme Airo| MSI MPG B650 Edge Wifi| Lian Li Galahad 360 V2| 32GB Kingston Renegade RGBZ 6000|Kingston KC3000 2TB| Fury Renegade 2TB|Samsung 970 Evo 1TB| Lian Li O11 Dynamic Evo| Corsair HX1500i| Samsung Odyssey G9 Neo

Asus Zephyrus G15 (Ryzen 9 6900HS + RTX3080)

Installed the latest BIOS and recert my memory before a clean install. After clean install time to get in there for some OC tweakage with the 7950X3D.

naCagPg.png

• Thumb Up 3
  • Like 1
  • Bump 1

Electrosoft Prime: 7950X3D | MSI X670E Carbon  | MSI Suprim X Liquid 4090 | AC LF II 420 | G.Skill 6000 A-Die 2x32GB | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB | EVGA 1600w P2 | Phanteks Ethroo Pro | Alienware AW3225QF 32" OLED

MelMel:  AMD Ryzen 5 7600x | Asus B650 Prime | Powercolor Spectra White 7900XTX | Asus Ryugin III 240mm AIO | M-die 2x16GB Custom | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB | EVGA P2 850w | Hyte Y40 | BenQ 32" 4k
Heath: i9-12900k | EVGA CLC 280 | Asus Strix Z690 D4 | Asus Strix 3080 | 32GB DDR4 2x16GB B-Die 4000  | WD Black SN850 512GB |  EVGA DG-77 | Samsung G7 32" 144hz 32"

Eurocom Raptor X15 | 12900k | Nvidia RTX 3070ti | 15.6" 1080p 240hz | Kingston 3200 32GB (2x16GB) | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB Heatsink Edition

8 hours ago, saturnotaku said:

The changes to the NVIDIA driver control panel and GeForce Experience are long overdue. Also good on them for removing the login requirement.

Hmmm. I wonder how long it takes before we see new login requirements or new unwanted changes. Modern often turn into to the undesirable or disgusting. That's for sure. Just look at how Microsoft go one step forwards then two steps backwards with their OS. New or newer doesn't always mean better. It can be worse.

Yup. Gamers nexus is spot on. See from 7:16 (new doesn't always mean better). More clicks to do same tasks is exactly the way Microsoft did with their new and shiny OS. To the worse.

Yup, all this reminds me about the new modern Windows. And I hate it.

mov.jpg

fac.jpg

7 hours ago, Talon said:

What exactly does Nvidia know about your online browsing that every other company doesn't already know?

Does it matter? In principle, it is a no-brainer. Stay away from "My PC, privacy and data". It's my property. It's me who determine what I want do with my data and my own computers. If I want to share... I do it myself. If they know everything they "all" would stop snoop.

• Thumb Up 1
  • Like 1

"The Killer"  ASUS ROG Z790 Apex Encore | 14900KS | 4090 HOF + 20 other graphics cards | 32GB DDR5 | Be Quiet! Dark Power Pro 12 - 1500 Watt | Second PSU - Cooler Master V750 SFX Gold 750W (For total of 2250W Power) | Corsair Obsidian 1000D | Custom Cooling | Asus ROG Strix XG27AQ 27" Monitors |

Papusan @ HWBOTTeam PremaMod @ HWBOT | Papusan @ YouTube Channel

41 minutes ago, Papusan said:

Hmmm. I wonder how long it takes before we see new login requirements or new unwanted changes. Modern often turn into to the undesirable or disgusting. That's for sure. Just look at how Microsoft go one step forwards then two steps backwards with their OS. New or newer doesn't always mean better. It can be worse.

Does it matter? In principle, it is a no-brainer. Stay away from "My PC, privacy and data". It's my property. It's me who determine what I want do with my data and my own computers. If I want to share... I do it myself. If they know everything they "all" would stop snoop.

There is no such thing as security online. To achieve it requires tremendous effort and expense, and deployment of multiple strategies. The only way of not having your data collected is to not register for any accounts for anything so that your IP and MAC addresses are not connected with any known entity. You will still be tracked and monitored, but they won't know who they are tracking and monitoring. NVIDIA (nor anyone else collecting data) do not need you to sign in if they know the IP and MAC addresses of the systems associated with you. Applications "phone home" all of the time without our knowledge or express consent. If one has agreed to "terms of service" they have given consent to have their data collected.

5 hours ago, Talon said:

@Mr. Fox I just checked the tracking #. USPS is failing us again, WTF. Last update still showing Chicago with a supposed delivery date of today. I'm not saying it won't magically update soon since you're 1 hour behind me, but ugh. Somehow whenever I send you stuff, it shows up late. Only you lol. 

4 hours ago, Mr. Fox said:

I hate USPS. For the last few months EVERYTHING arrives later than expected. As if that was not bad enough, the local mail carriers are idiots. At least one day a week, sometimes several, I get mail for other people and other people get my mail. They are incompetent. 

It's not looking promising. Still no change in status. Either is hasn't left Chicago or it wasn't scanned upon arrival in Phoenix. No way to know. Hopefully tomorrow. Time will tell.

image.png

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

Wraith // Z790 Apex | 14900KF | 4090 Suprim X+Byksi Block | 48GB DDR5-8600 | Toughpower GF3 1650W | MO-RA3 360 | Hailea HC-500A || O11D XL EVO

Banshee // Z790 Apex Encore | 13900KS | 4090 Gaming OC+Alphacool Block | 48GB DDR5-8600 | RM1200x SHIFT | XT45 1080 Nova || Antec C8

Spectre // Z790i Edge | 14900KF | 3090 Ti FTW3 | 48GB DDR5-8200 | RM1000e | EK Nucleus CR360 Direct Die || Prime A21

Methuselah // X79 Rampage IV Gene | Xeon E5 1680V2 | 2080 Ti | 32GB DDR3-2400 | GameMax 850W | EK Nucleus CR360 Dark || Prime AP201

Half-Breed // Dell Precision 7720 | BGA CPU Filth+MXM Quadro P5000 | 4K Display | Sub-$500 Grade A Refurb | Nothing to Write Home About

The average response time for a 911 call is 10 minutes. The response time of a .357 is 1400 feet per second. 

19 minutes ago, Mr. Fox said:

There is no such thing as security online. To achieve it requires tremendous effort and expense, and deployment of multiple strategies. The only way of not having your data collected is to not register for any accounts for anything so that your IP and MAC addresses are not connected with any known entity. You will still be tracked and monitored, but they won't know who they are tracking and monitoring. NVIDIA doesn't need you to sign it if they know the IP and MAC addresses of the systems associated with you. Applications "phone home" all of the time without our knowledge or express consent. If one has agreed to "terms of service" they have given consent to have their data collected.

Just give them a fine that push them years backwards. And it helps avoid unwanted software/apps. In short.... Choose what you want and install carefully. Also the EU regulation have forced changes for privacy. To the better for "some" consumers as in EU countries and Northern Scandianavia.  

“The vast majority of consumers would not know that the Avast Software would surveil their every move on the Internet or that their browsing information might be sold to more than 100 third parties and stored indefinitely, in granular, re-identifiable form,” the FTC’s order adds. 
  • Thumb Up 2
  • Like 1

"The Killer"  ASUS ROG Z790 Apex Encore | 14900KS | 4090 HOF + 20 other graphics cards | 32GB DDR5 | Be Quiet! Dark Power Pro 12 - 1500 Watt | Second PSU - Cooler Master V750 SFX Gold 750W (For total of 2250W Power) | Corsair Obsidian 1000D | Custom Cooling | Asus ROG Strix XG27AQ 27" Monitors |

6 minutes ago, Papusan said:

Just give them a fine that push them years backwards. And ity helps avoid unwanted software/apps.

“The vast majority of consumers would not know that the Avast Software would surveil their every move on the Internet or that their browsing information might be sold to more than 100 third parties and stored indefinitely, in granular, re-identifiable form,” the FTC’s order adds. 

The "fine" should be revocation of any business license or authority to conduct business in the country levying the infraction. Otherwise, some will pay the fine and keep doing it. Best to extinguish their ability to conduct business. Dead men don't tell lies, or commit crimes.

• Thumb Up 3
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Mr. Fox said:

I started blacklisting and excluding it as bloatware trash quite a few years ago with @j95 driver mods and having it installed did steal CPU clock cycles and lower benchmark scores. ShadowPlay has always been great for game recording. I will let it install and see if my benchmark scores go down like they used to. More processes running in Windows almost always equals lower benchmark scores. I'll find out and if I am wrong I will admit it without hesitation. It is entirely possible I am wrong and things may have improved. (That would be rare based on the current trend in technology, LOL. Not many things are getting better in terms of software and firmware cancer.) And, If I am not wrong, I will mention that as well.

Post #24 & #27. Mine is #31

Introducing Nvidia App: Replacing GeForce Experience and Control Panel

https://forums.guru3d.com/threads/introducing-nvidia-app-replacing-geforce-experience-and-control-panel.451343/page-2#post-6210140

• Sad 1

• Haha 3
  • Sad 3

Mine: Hyperion "Titan God of Heat, Heavenly Light, Power" (2022-24)
AMD Ryzen 9 7950X (TG High Perf. IHS) / Asus ROG Crosshair X670E Extreme / MSI Geforce RTX 4090 Suprim X / Teamgroup T-Force Delta RGB DDR5-8200 2x24 GB / Seagate Firecuda 530 4 TB / 5x Samsung 860 Evo 4 TB / Arctic Liquid Freezer II 420 (Push/Pull 6x Noctua NF-A14 IndustrialPPC-3000 intake) / Seasonic TX-1600 W Titanium / Phanteks Enthoo Pro 2 TG (3x Arctic P12 A-RGB intake / 4x Arctic P14 A-RGB exhaust / 1x Arctic P14 A-RGB RAM cooling) / Samsung Odyssey Neo G8 32" 4K 240 Hz / Ducky One 3 Daybreak Fullsize Cherry MX Brown / Corsair M65 Ultra RGB / PDP Afterglow Wave Black

My Lady's: Clevo NH55JNNQ "Alfred" (2022-24)
Sharp LQ156M1JW03 FHD matte 15.6" IGZO 8 bit @248 Hz / Intel Core i5 12600 / Nvidia Geforce RTX 3070 Ti / Mushkin Redline DDR4-3200 2x32 GB / Samsung 970 Pro 1 TB / Samsung 870 QVO 8 TB / Intel AX201 WIFI 6+BT 5.2 / Win 11 Pro Phoenix Lite OS / 230 W PSU powered by Prema Mod!

6 hours ago, jaybee83 said:

I have no problems wait one,two or 3 months to pick the card I want. I have probably +22 cards and can't play with them at same time🙂

@electrosoft @Mr. Fox @Rage Set @Talon +++ Do you like beauty? Real old beauty? Or is young and new virginity better? I sit waiting to finish pay and my new old EVGA is on the way on Monday to old Papusan. Paid. Say hello to EVGA GTX 780 Classy. Yup, this design is fantastic. The closest you can come older EVGA and Kingpin design. Why can't they make Classy and fantastic GPU design nowadays? The damn flood of RGB cancer and plastic destroy the whole products. Is new design always better than old design bro @ryan? Is newer always better? Nope! Prove me wrong brother. But you'll lose. Be you sure. I can post new posts to turn you around every day if needed😁

My addiction for new "old" won't stop. Who said you can't have fun with old? New is a buzzword. Yup I need to feed the pict lover (You know whom you are) with more and more beauty so he can be happy. EVGA is just the icing on the cake🤪

Sorry my not perfect english. But I try make the words in my own world perfect everyday. Correct me if some think my english or wording is awful. If you understand the half I'm an happy camper, HeHe

780-CLASSIFIED.jpg

Having the best bin from Evga for GTX780 make me more happy.... EVGA GTX 780 Dual CLASSIFIED w/ ACX Cooler

Bought also this one today. I lacked a HDMI to Mini-HDMI cable for the old. On sales. Demo model for $7 USD. That's cheap for 2m. This type cables is rarely in use and almost never sold anymore. 

cheap.jpg

• Thumb Up 2
  • Like 2
  • Bump 1

36 minutes ago, Papusan said:

I have no problems wait one,two or 3 months to pick the card I want. I have probably +22 cards and can't play with them at same time😁

@electrosoft @Mr. Fox @Rage Set @Talon +++ Do you like beauty? Real old beauty? Or is young and new better? I sit waiting to finish pay and my new old EVGA is on the way on Monday to old Papusan. Say hello to GTX 780 Classified. Yup, this design is fantastic. The closest you can come older EVGA and Kingpin design. Why can't they make Classy and fantastic GPU design nowadays? The damn flood of RGB cancer and plastic destroy the whole products. Is new design always better than old design bro @ryan? Is newer always better? Nope! Prove me wrong brother. But you'll lose. Be you sure😁

My addiction for new "old" won't stop. Who said you can't have fun with old? New is a buzzword. Yup I need to feed the pict lover (You know whom you are) with more and more beauty so he can be happy. EVGA is just the icing on the cake🤪

780-CLASSIFIED.jpg

Having the best bin from Evga for GTX780 make me more happy.... EVGA GTX 780 Dual CLASSIFIED w/ ACX Cooler

I had one exactly like that for a while. Very good GPU.

New is poo... old is gold. At least in terms of form and function. Sometimes newer and faster just isn't enough to be viewed as good. The one thing we can always count on with new products is they are always newer.

• Thumb Up 3
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, Mr. Fox said:

I had one exactly like that for a while. Very good GPU.

New is poo... old is gold. At least in terms of form and function. Sometimes newer and faster just isn't enough to be viewed as good. 

You're correct. In the old days you had proper options. Not so much nowadays. I hate the direction we going. Add some new RGB with fancy colors and people are happy with what they get. I like the old days. Maybe I'm starting to be old. Who knows. But I couldn't say no when I saw this (beauty) card on the used market. Right below $50 usd seems expensive but remember we pay 25% tax on everything we buy here. And most you find on the used market is somewhat bob bob. Or vanilla trash for slightly less. 

n.jpg

I'm sure I could have a fun time gaming with old cards. That don't bother me. I'm an old gen and can be pleased by less than the new and more modern. My 4090 HOF doesn't provide much more fun. Happy with whatever I have to play with. I'm just an simple man. And happy with that.

• Thumb Up 2
  • Like 2

27 minutes ago, Papusan said:

You're correct. In the old days you had proper options. Not so much nowadays. I hate the direction we going. Add some new RGB with fancy colors and people are happy with what they get. I like the old days. Maybe I'm starting to be old. Who knows. But I couldn't say no when I saw this (beauty) card on the used market. Right below $50 usd seems expensive but remember we pay 25% tax on everything we buy here. And most you find on the used market is somewhat bob bob. Or vanilla trash for slightly less. 

n.jpg

I'm sure I could have a fun time gaming with old cards. That don't bother me. I'm an old gen and can be pleased by less than the new and more modern. My 4090 HOF doesn't provide much more fun. Happy with whatever I have to play with. I'm just an simple man. And happy with that.

If I did not delete it I will send you my XOC vBIOS stuff for the 780 Classy. If I still have it I will send you a link from Google Drive as I have in the past.

• Thumb Up 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Mr. Fox said:

If I did not delete it I will send you my XOC vBIOS stuff for the 780 Classy. If I still have it I will send you a link from Google Drive as I have in the past.

Would be very nice if You had it, so thanks. Maybe I have it from before. I save a lot from internet.  🙂 You never know when I have one of the kind in hand. The nice with sub 10xx cards. Just look in GPU-Z and you have the answer what you got. Not that high asic means an fantastic oc'r but the chance is higher than trash bin. Many  of the best "so called best binned" cards is with lower bin. But that's for LN2 or sub zero. For normal temps its' different.

I just payed for the card 🙂 It's mine now. Hope the post don't screw up.

268_779583142.jpg

I have 5-10 old cards I look at. Will see if something is what I want pay for. I fill up the whole Papusan plaza with cards. The pict lover have something to look forwards to, LOOL

Edit. I really love the work EVGA have put into the Classy GTX780. What you think you young man @electrosoft

Edit. Is this the correct one? Bruno is a thrustworthy person

https://community.hwbot.org/topic/226719-gtx-780-classified-bios-mod/

• Thumb Up 3
  • Like 1
  • Bump 1

LOL, I can wait. I'll just sit back and wait for that initial rush to subside then BOOM snaggeroni! If we look at the performance gains from nvidia in their tik-tok type of Intel cadence, I expect blackwell to be pretty beastly and it might be why AMD has already basically given up the ghost in competing on the top end this cycle and has intimated the same for next cycle. They're bringing everything they can full bore but Nvidia is just a juggernaut giving serious performance gains each generation. Imagine if Intel and AMD had provided the same generational uplift with their CPUs?

4 hours ago, Papusan said:

I have no problems wait one,two or 3 months to pick the card I want. I have probably +22 cards and can't play with them at same time🙂

@electrosoft @Mr. Fox @Rage Set @Talon +++ Do you like beauty? Real old beauty? Or is young and new virginity better? I sit waiting to finish pay and my new old EVGA is on the way on Monday to old Papusan. Paid. Say hello to EVGA GTX 780 Classy. Yup, this design is fantastic. The closest you can come older EVGA and Kingpin design. Why can't they make Classy and fantastic GPU design nowadays? The damn flood of RGB cancer and plastic destroy the whole products. Is new design always better than old design bro @ryan? Is newer always better? Nope! Prove me wrong brother. But you'll lose. Be you sure. I can post new posts to turn you around every day if needed😁

Sorry my not perfect english. But I try make the words in my own world perfect everyday. Correct me if some think my english or wording is awful. If you understand the half I'm an happy camper, HeHe

780-CLASSIFIED.jpg

3 hours ago, Papusan said:

Would be very nice if You had it. Maybe I have it from before. I save a lot from internet 🙂 I never know when I have one in hand. The nice with sub 10xx cards. Just look in GPU-Z and you have the answer what you got. Not that high asic means an fantastic oc'r but the chance is higher than trash bin. Many  of the best so called binned cards is with lower bin. But that's for LN2 or sub zero.

I just payed for the card 🙂 It's mine now. Hope the post don't screw up.

268_779583142.jpg

I have 5-10 old cards I look at. Will see if something is what I want pay for. I fill up the whole Papusan plaza with cards. The pict lover have something to look forwards to, LOOL

Edit. I really love the work EVGA have put into the Classy GTX780. What you think you young man @electrosoft

Very beautiful! I've been a sucker for EVGA since back in the 6800GT days when I picked one up for my Power Mac G5 Dual tower back in 2004. I've always loved their cards and they just kept getting better over the years. I still miss them in the GPU space and while they've shifted to PSUs and other peripherals, I still check their website and forums.

You need to make a custom display case to house your current and incoming GPUs with a small brass label under each one showing the name and highest score achieved. 🙂

I dunno if Bruno is "thrustworthy" but hopefully he's trustworthy! 🤣

• Thumb Up 1
  • Like 2

Electrosoft Prime: 7950X3D | MSI X670E Carbon  | MSI Suprim X Liquid 4090 | AC LF II 420 | G.Skill 6000 A-Die 2x32GB | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB | EVGA 1600w P2 | Phanteks Ethroo Pro | Alienware AW3225QF 32" OLED

MelMel:  AMD Ryzen 5 7600x | Asus B650 Prime | Powercolor Spectra White 7900XTX | Asus Ryugin III 240mm AIO | M-die 2x16GB Custom | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB | EVGA P2 850w | Hyte Y40 | BenQ 32" 4k
Heath: i9-12900k | EVGA CLC 280 | Asus Strix Z690 D4 | Asus Strix 3080 | 32GB DDR4 2x16GB B-Die 4000  | WD Black SN850 512GB |  EVGA DG-77 | Samsung G7 32" 144hz 32"

Eurocom Raptor X15 | 12900k | Nvidia RTX 3070ti | 15.6" 1080p 240hz | Kingston 3200 32GB (2x16GB) | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB Heatsink Edition

3 hours ago, Papusan said:

Yes, probably so. I downloaded it and if I still have it I will compare to see if it is the same or different.

This is the primary reason I bought a second 4090. I did not need one, and I still plan to investigate Battlemage. I suspected this will happen and prices of 4090 will not go down. If 5090 is difficult to source, the 4090 prices might even go higher. Honestly, I don't think things will ever return to normal again. There are simply many idiots and dishonest scumbags have the ability to make decisions affecting those who are not idiot scumbags. Even if all of them died (we could only wish) tomorrow, it would be a challege to undo everything they have screwed up.

On 2/22/2024 at 9:42 AM, Talon said:

@Mr. Fox I just checked the tracking #. USPS is failing us again, WTF. Last update still showing Chicago with a supposed delivery date of today. I'm not saying it won't magically update soon since you're 1 hour behind me, but ugh. Somehow whenever I send you stuff, it shows up late. Only you lol. 

It was delivered about a half hour ago, so I will install it this evening when I am done with work.

• Thumb Up 1
  • Like 2
  • Bump 1

What is everyone with a custom loop using for coolant?

@electrosoftBios out of beta, and a bug fix for Ryzen 8000 series

https://us.msi.com/Motherboard/MPG-X670E-CARBON-WIFI/support

• Thumb Up 1
  • Bump 2

Lian Li Lancool III | Ryzen 9 7950X | 48gb G-skill Trident Z5 DDR5 8000mhz | MSI Mpg X670E Carbon |

AsRock Taichi Radeon 7900xtx Bykski Block |Raijintek Scylla Pro 360 custom loop| Crucial T700 1tb

WD Black's SN770 500gb/1tb NVME | Toshiba 8Tb 7200rpm Data |

EVGA 1000w SuperNova |32" Agon 1440p 165hz Curved Screen |  Windows 10 LoT 21h2

18 minutes ago, Raiderman said:

Automotive antifreeze 50/50 premix. That's what I have been using for years. @johnksssuses it as well. Don't waste money on PC coolant. Either use this or pure distilled water with a biocide. I buy the cheap blue colored premix for Asian cars from Walmart. In the loop it looks clear. Automotive antifreeze has lubricants, prevents corrosion, is safe for tubing and acrylic parts, and it kills anything that thinks it might want to live it in so no need for biocide additives.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Mr. Fox said:

Automotive antifreeze 50/50 premix. That's what I have been using for years. @johnksssuses it as well. Don't waste money on PC coolant. Either use this or pure distilled water with a biocide. I buy the cheap blue colored premix for Asian cars from Walmart. In the loop it looks clear. Automotive antifreeze has lubricants, prevents corrosion, is safe for tubing and acrylic parts, and it kills anything that thinks it might want to live it in so no need for biocide additives.

I'd never used automotive coolant, but heard it was ok to use. I did order some Bykski concentrate from China, but was thinking of trying some automotive type.

BTW, where has @johnksss been? Have not seen him nor @Reciever much lately??

• Like 1

Lian Li Lancool III | Ryzen 9 7950X | 48gb G-skill Trident Z5 DDR5 8000mhz | MSI Mpg X670E Carbon |

AsRock Taichi Radeon 7900xtx Bykski Block |Raijintek Scylla Pro 360 custom loop| Crucial T700 1tb

WD Black's SN770 500gb/1tb NVME | Toshiba 8Tb 7200rpm Data |

EVGA 1000w SuperNova |32" Agon 1440p 165hz Curved Screen |  Windows 10 LoT 21h2

1 hour ago, Raiderman said:

@electrosoftBios out of beta, and a bug fix for Ryzen 8000 series

https://us.msi.com/Motherboard/MPG-X670E-CARBON-WIFI/support

Of course the day right after I install the last beta and go through my whole process! 🙂

I'll install it today still. Beta is working fine but never hurts to have the officially goodies. Glad it dropped before I did my deep dive in some OC'ing benching and data collection.

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, Raiderman said:

I'd never used automotive coolant, but heard it was ok to use. I did order some Bykski concentrate from China, but was thinking of trying some automotive type.

BTW, where has @johnksss been? Have not seen him nor @Reciever much lately??

I have been loosely following the thread but have been busy with work and professional development. Built up a couple of esxi hosts, researching a good product to use for a homelab switch. Using a 2960x for now but plan to buy the brocade icx6610-24 (or 48, based on price) started getting a few different vm templates setup so I can spin up a server quickly and expect to start training in server 2019/2022 and hybrid azure. Have a few 10Gbps cards now as well. 

Also planning to try my hand at moonlight / sunshine on the 10850k platform. Going to need more ram for it as it's still using the 16GB and sadly ecc doesn't work with the platform. Some of the guys in IT have been training recently so I'm hoping to get in that momentum as well. 

Im still reading much of what is posted as well as moderating. Which reminds me some posts recently were removed due to having no relation (even loosely) to this thread. The repeat offenders know who they are. 

• Thumb Up 2
  • Like 1

@Mr. Fox I decided to dial in my AC/DC as well. Because I am using complete auto voltage lately. And it seems that my power usage is not affected at all running manually tuned ac dc settings.

I’m running 5.9P/4.8E/5.0R LLC4, AC is 0.16, DC is 1.05. My max power consumption has not really changed it has actually gone down a bit. I’m wondering if this is only happening on your Encore or specific bios. 🤷‍♂️

Anyways, just figured I‘d share my experience with this. 

Also, another note on LLC. I have discovered that LLC4 really is pure amazing. Apparently it has the best voltage response hands down of any of LLC setting. And you can use just auto voltage entirely which will guarantee a perfectly stable chip under light loads, or heavy loads.

How I followed the AC/DC tuning. 

Set LLC4, enter DC of 0.98, enter AC of 0.20.

Go run R23 or another similar bench and and check if load Vcore matches load VID. Usually the load VID’s are higher while load Vcore is lower. So in this case with higher load VID’s you want to increase your DC of 0.98 by +0.02 and keep testing until your VID match the Vcore under load. Once you’ve tuned the DC we move on to your AC. The AC acts like a undervolt more or less without having to physically type in or dial in a manual voltage. I started with 0.20 on AC and reduced it by -0.01 and keep running R23 or similar stress test, the power usage drops each time you reduce by -0.01.. You want to keep dropping by -0.01 until it crashes and will not run anymore. You may end up with 0.15 or 0.18 the number doesn’t really matter it’s different for everyone’s setup/cpu etc. If it does crash increase AC back by +0.01 

Once you have found the perfect AC setting, you may have to go back and dial the DC a little more to get that load Vcore to match the load VID’s. If the VID’s are lower than your load Vcore, then you need to reduce the DC number. If your load VID’s are higher than your load VCore, then you want to increase the DC number. 

You may have already done this. Anyways, this method is awesome! And once dialed you can run an auto voltage which is what our CPU’s really want anyways. 

• Thumb Up 3

13900KF

9 hours ago, Raiderman said:

BTW, where has @johnksss been?

I think he is just crazy busy with work and life right now. I wished him a happy birthday a couple of months ago via SMS and he replied right away.

3 hours ago, tps3443 said:

@Mr. Fox I decided to dial in my AC/DC as well. Because I am using complete auto voltage lately. And it seems that my power usage is not affected at all running manually tuned ac dc settings.

I’m running 5.9P/4.8E/5.0R LLC4, AC is 0.16, DC is 1.05. My max power consumption has not really changed it has actually gone down a bit. I’m wondering if this is only happening on your Encore or specific bios. 🤷‍♂️

Anyways, just figured I‘d share my experience with this. 

Also, another note on LLC. I have discovered that LLC4 really is pure amazing. Apparently it has the best voltage response hands down of any of LLC setting. And you can use just auto voltage entirely which will guarantee a perfectly stable chip under light loads, or heavy loads.

How I followed the AC/DC tuning. 

Set LLC4, enter DC of 0.98, enter AC of 0.20.

Go run R23 or another similar bench and and check if load Vcore matches load VID. Usually the load VID’s are higher while load Vcore is lower. So in this case with higher load VID’s you want to increase your DC of 0.98 by +0.02 and keep testing until your VID match the Vcore under load. Once you’ve tuned the DC we move on to your AC. The AC acts like a undervolt more or less without having to physically type in or dial in a manual voltage. I started with 0.20 on AC and reduced it by -0.01 and keep running R23 or similar stress test, the power usage drops each time you reduce by -0.01.. You want to keep dropping by -0.01 until it crashes and will not run anymore. You may end up with 0.15 or 0.18 the number doesn’t really matter it’s different for everyone’s setup/cpu etc. If it does crash increase AC back by +0.01 

Once you have found the perfect AC setting, you may have to go back and dial the DC a little more to get that load Vcore to match the load VID’s. If the VID’s are lower than your load Vcore, then you need to reduce the DC number. If your load VID’s are higher than your load VCore, then you want to increase the DC number. 

You may have already done this. Anyways, this method is awesome! And once dialed you can run an auto voltage which is what our CPU’s really want anyways. 

That is exactly the same process I used, but not with LLC4 and Auto voltage settings. It worked OK other than the power draw going higher (crazy high) than I have ever seen it. I just installed the 14900K from @Talon and will try again with LLC4 and Auto voltage and see if it changes the behavior.

Edit: @tps3443that does not work at all. Maybe it's your golden sample CPU, and I will test again when the one I ordered from Germany arrives, but this CPU will not run Cinebench R23 with those settings. WAY TOO MUCH vdroop and blue screens with the clock watchdog timeout. I'll have to use the tried and true manual voltage settings and 0.01 AC/DC LLC settings I have used for years that I know will work the way I want them to.

Edited by Mr. Fox
tested - unstable
  • Thanks 1
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, electrosoft said:

Very beautiful! I've been a sucker for EVGA since back in the 6800GT days when I picked one up for my Power Mac G5 Dual tower back in 2004. I've always loved their cards and they just kept getting better over the years. 

You need to make a custom display case to house your current and incoming GPUs with a small brass label under each one showing the name and highest score achieved. 🙂

I dunno if Bruno is "thrustworthy" but hopefully he's trustworthy! 🤣

Here's an another nice snacks you'll see when it arrives Papusan's plaza. This is the pict of asic from the coming new"old" GTX580 trash boat. Maybe You guess the brand without looking for the first letter?😀 For you others, the first letter start with... Z

+80% is always a good sign🙂 But this doesn't' necessarily mean it has to be a keeper. Anyway... I'm a collector of newer and older HW. I enjoy all tech thats meet my needs. 

ZOTAC-AMP.gif

Bruno is one of the very few that let you have access to firmware that the elite/choosen one prefer have for themself. Same for software/drivers. And you need a name to get what you want.

12 hours ago, Mr. Fox said:

Yes, probably so. I downloaded it and if I still have it I will compare to see if it is the same or different.

Thank you very much my friend 🙂 I always try save old XOC/good firmware. You never know when you'll need it. And I know you think the same way. So we have similar mindset. Almost like twins.

Btw. Did you test the two latet bios version for the Encore? 0904 and Beta 1001

• Thumb Up 1
  • Bump 1

17 minutes ago, Papusan said:

Here's an another snacks you'll see when it arrives Papusan's plaza. This is the pict of asic from the coming new "old" trash boat. Maybe You guess the brand without looking for the first letter?😀 The first letter start with... Z

+80% is always a good sign🙂

ZOTAC-AMP.gif

Bruno is one of the very few that let you have access to firmware that the elite/choosen one prefer have for themself. 

Thank you very much my friend 🙂 I always try save old XOC/good firmware. You never know when you'll need it. And I know you think the same way. So we have similar mindset. Almost like twins.

I had a RX480 from launch day years ago when they first came out, and it has a 99% ASIC quality. I thought it was really cool. It overclocked pretty good too. I actually got a virus on my windows during that time period, (I don’t know how) and someone was using my RX480 as a remote miner. 🤣 sitting on the desktop at 100% GPU usage at all times. It was the craziest thing. I don’t know how this even happen. But I just reinstalled windows and all was well.

• Haha 3
  • Sad 1

13900KF