NotebookTalk

*Official Benchmark Thread* - Post it here or it didn't happen :D

Mr. Fox

On 3/30/2022 at 8:49 PM, Talon said:

https://www.3dmark.com/3dm/73703445

Screenshot-42.png

Bone stock CPU and GPU run. Power limits and all sliders at default. 

Sold my KPE for $1800 cash yesterday. I've wanted to get away from the AIO solution since I got it, I want EVGA to release KPE cards with beefy air coolers made of copper again or just blocked, but I think those days are gone. 

I got 1 year and 4 months out of my KPE and only lost a few hundred bucks. I used some of my EVGA bucks to 'upgrade' to this. As expected slightly faster than a 3090 KPE at stock, but no mess in the case. Easy pop in and pop out air cooled card. The card ran 2055Mhz during the test around 64c. Again all stock sliders and stock fans. Hard to judge since the power limits are so insanely high and it ran around 430-450w during the test. 

We need better AIO solutions than we get now. But the thin and slim desktop chassis design trend is here to stay and will stop the OEM from making high performance AIO cooling. Not only laptops get special threatment from the different OEMs. The same rules/trends applies also for desktops nowadays. 

Why Small Form Factor PC is Becoming More Popular 

What's Hot
MSI's air-cooled RTX 3090 Ti > ASUS's water-cooled RTX 3090 Ti: I was seeing more consistency in MSI's overclocked GeForce RTX 3090 Ti SUPRIM X beating the water-cooled ASUS ROG Strix LC GeForce RTX 3090 Ti OC Edition, but I'll dive into more detail in a showdown between the custom RTX 3090 Ti cards after I'm done running the overclocked ASUS through its paces. For now, the MSI is out in the lead without a doubt.

Read more: https://www.tweaktown.com/articles/10076/msi-geforce-rtx-3090-ti-suprim-overclocking-oc/index.html

1 hour ago, ryan said:

16k....duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuude thats insane.....i get like 5100....big division between laptop and desktop what ever happened to the pascal model

One thing for sure. There will be a bigger performance gap between laptop graphics and desktop graphics in the future. Desktops get a nice TDP increase while laptops will be more and more hampered by the thin and slimy chassis design. Want max TDP out of the graphics in laptops then cripple the Cpu. Firmware, HW and software will be used for whats worth. Dynamic boost is a nasty way to cripple products.

• Thumb Up 4

"The Killer"  ASUS ROG Z790 Apex Encore | 14900KS | 4090 HOF + 20 other graphics cards | 32GB DDR5 | Be Quiet! Dark Power Pro 12 - 1500 Watt | Second PSU - Cooler Master V750 SFX Gold 750W (For total of 2250W Power) | Corsair Obsidian 1000D | Custom Cooling | Asus ROG Strix XG27AQ 27" Monitors |

Papusan @ HWBOTTeam PremaMod @ HWBOT | Papusan @ YouTube Channel

Got to 'remote play' with this one yesterday:

7522.thumb.jpg.2c73afa59009c94ec1f5f2a5dd09a86c.jpg

It's a real shame that Intel now not only blocks their usual 4x overclocking bins but also undervolting as well as BCLK changes on their current generation of mobile chips...

• Thumb Up 4
  • Sad 2

13 minutes ago, Prema said:

It's a real shame that Intel now not only blocks their usual 4x overclocking bins but also undervolting as well as BCLK changes on their current generation of mobile chips...

Hide contents

Yep....

Im Not Surprised Nate Diaz GIF by UFC

• Bump 1

"The Killer"  ASUS ROG Z790 Apex Encore | 14900KS | 4090 HOF + 20 other graphics cards | 32GB DDR5 | Be Quiet! Dark Power Pro 12 - 1500 Watt | Second PSU - Cooler Master V750 SFX Gold 750W (For total of 2250W Power) | Corsair Obsidian 1000D | Custom Cooling | Asus ROG Strix XG27AQ 27" Monitors |

My man Prema, how you been sir!

1 hour ago, Prema said:

Hide contents

• Like 2

Maximus Z790 Apex ~ 13900K ~ MSI 4090 Suprim X ~ G.Skill Trident Z5 7800 Mhz ~ 1TB Samsung 980 Pro ~ Thermaltake 1650W GF3 ~ AACH100HP Water Chiller ~ Praxis Wet Bench Flat

MSI MEG X570S Unify-X MAX ~ 5950X ~ GTX 1070 ~ G.Skill 3200 Mhz ~ 500GB Samsung 980 Pro ~ Lian Li O11 Dynamic EVO Tempered Glass ~ Thermaltake 650W ~ 

Hwbot Profile

So this is my new 12900K. I had to buy a stupid Asus board to find out the SP rating on it.🤦‍♂️

5wxzln2.png

• Thumb Up 4
  • Like 3
  • Bump 2

Maximus Z790 Apex ~ 13900K ~ MSI 4090 Suprim X ~ G.Skill Trident Z5 7800 Mhz ~ 1TB Samsung 980 Pro ~ Thermaltake 1650W GF3 ~ AACH100HP Water Chiller ~ Praxis Wet Bench Flat

MSI MEG X570S Unify-X MAX ~ 5950X ~ GTX 1070 ~ G.Skill 3200 Mhz ~ 500GB Samsung 980 Pro ~ Lian Li O11 Dynamic EVO Tempered Glass ~ Thermaltake 650W ~ 

Hwbot Profile

18 minutes ago, Rage Set said:

WOW.

Now that board is going right back. MC said they didn't have an Asus board on the bench for testing unfortunately.

Hwbot Profile

5 hours ago, electrosoft said:

I know plenty of others feel the same, but y'all are doing a bang up job here on all levels. Things started off great and are just getting better and better. 👏

I appreciate the feedback, its nice to be appreciated 🙂

@Prema Welcome back! Its good to see you. I hope you have been well since last we spoke

@Mr. Fox I see, image quality up but size restrictions are still in place, I will notate this to be tabled hopefully this evening

5 hours ago, Tenoroon said:

Yeah, boards like those are just weird and risky, no IHS with a mobile CPU + a desktop cooler is a recipe for disaster, especially when the CPU is soldered on lol.

Though, I want to get one of those PCWinMax HM55 or HM77 boards to put socketed mobile CPUs in. It would be a good way to get a bunch of points for the team on HWBot 😉

image_2022-04-01_105636.png

Oh nice I didnt know those were a thing!

My 4980hq needs a home! Are there Socket G3 desktop boards in the wild?

• Thumb Up 1
  • Like 3

Not sure if I'm having good luck or bad luck...

1: Hydro copper Water blocks cracks and leaks all over motherboard so I thought.

2: EVGA issues refund as they do not know if they are getting any new blocks in.

3: Asus Maximus Z690 Extreme can't run 6400 Trident Z5 in XMP so board gets axed and replaced with MSI Unify-X

4: Pump goes out on water block so 3090 KPE gets RMA'd. They cant fix it so they give me "new to me" 3090 KPE. Card is a beast!

5: I find brand new Hydro Copper block on EVGA forums and purchase so I have a water block for cards return.

6: Put water block on and card shows more improvements.

7: Now 1600 T2 starts acting funny. People say run Time Spy and it will tell you if your PSU is bad. Funny thing is, I was running Time Spy and it would just cut off and computer would restart. 

8: One the phone with EVGA explaining the problem and now the cpu red light is staying on. Over clock panel is staying on and also the reset button is lit up. People with these boards know that these lights are all off when the board is powered off. EVGA as to restart and pop. PSU goes out and gives video card a PXE power error. Now I'm in panic mode thinking that something just happened to my beasty GPU. I swap PSU's and it boots and card is fine. (Close call!) I reconnect 1600W T2 and now board wont power on. PSU is on it's way to RMA.

9: With 1200W PSU the CPU light, reset button and over clock panel are still on. Calls MSI and now that board is on it's way to RMA.

10: So now i grab another board to keep me busy, but was not about to buy another Asus board as they did not have the Apex so I grab a MSI Unify board, and of course trying to run two sticks on a 4 dimm board at rated speeds is a project, but not as hard as it was with the extreme board. While there I decide to check some of the boxes against the batch number I got from Mr. Fox a few weeks ago, but they are well into the 200 range at my Microcenter so i'm like...uhgggg. And the MC employee is also curios about the new batch numbers. So I take a chance and grab one just to see. Get home and the chip boots and seems to run fairly well with crappy memory timings. So now im wondering what kind of chip i got in the lottery. Go back to Microcenter and they don't do chip testing so I grab another Asus board and test. I lucked up on a SP98. Wow!

Now all this is to say.....had my water block not boke when it did.....I would still be back where I was. So what kind of luck would you call that?😆

• Like 2

Hwbot Profile

3 minutes ago, johnksss said:

1: Hydro copper Water blocks cracks and leaks all over motherboard so I thought.

2: EVGA issues refund as they do not know if they are getting any new blocks in.

3: Asus Maximus Z690 Extreme can't run 6400 Trident Z5 in XMP so board gets axed and replaced with MSI Unify-X

4: Pump goes out on water block so 3090 KPE gets RMA'd. They cant fix it so they give me "new to me" 3090 KPE. Card is a beast!

5: I find brand new Hydro Copper block on EVGA forums and purchase so I have a water block for cards return.

7: Now 1600 T2 starts acting funny. People say run Time Spy and it will tell you if your PSU is bad. Funny thing is, I was running Time Spy and it would just cut off and computer would restart. 

8: One the phone with EVGA explaining the problem and now the cpu red light is staying on. Over clock panel is staying on and also the reset button is lit up. People with these boards know that these lights are all off when the board is powered off. EVGA as to restart and pop. PSU goes out and gives video card a PXE power error. Now I'm in panic mode thinking that something just happened to my beasty GPU. I swap PSU's and it boots and card is fine. (Close call!) I reconnect 1600W T2 and now board wont power on. PSU is on it's way to RMA.

9: With 1200W PSU the CPU light, reset button and over clock panel are still on. Calls MSI and now that board is on it's way to RMA.

10: So now i grab another board to keep me busy, but was not about to buy another Asus board as they did not have the Apex so I grab a MSI Unify board, and of course trying to run two sticks on a 4 dimm board at rated speeds is a project, but not as hard as it was with the extreme board. While there I decide to check some of the boxes against the batch number I got from Mr. Fox a few weeks ago, but they are well into the 200 range at my Microcenter so i'm like...uhgggg. And the MC employee is also curios about the new batch numbers. So I take a chance and grab one just to see. Get home and the chip boots and seems to run fairly well with crappy memory timings. So now im wondering what kind of chip i got in the lottery. Go back to Microcenter and they don't do chip testing so I grab another Asus board and test. I lucked up on a SP98. Wow!

Now all this is to say.....had my water block not boke when it did.....I would still be back where I was. So what kind of luck would you call that?😆

Sounds like the Universe has plans for you lol

• Like 1

1 hour ago, johnksss said:

So this is my new 12900K. I had to buy a stupid Asus board to find out the SP rating on it.🤦‍♂️

5wxzln2.png

That is righteous brother, congrats!

• Like 1

Electrosoft Prime: 7950X3D | MSI X670E Carbon  | MSI Suprim X Liquid 4090 | AC LF II 420 | G.Skill 6000 A-Die 2x32GB | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB | EVGA 1600w P2 | Phanteks Ethroo Pro | Alienware AW3225QF 32" OLED

MelMel:  AMD Ryzen 5 7600x | Asus B650 Prime | Powercolor Spectra White 7900XTX | Asus Ryugin III 240mm AIO | M-die 2x16GB Custom | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB | EVGA P2 850w | Hyte Y40 | BenQ 32" 4k
Heath: i9-12900k | EVGA CLC 280 | Asus Strix Z690 D4 | Asus Strix 3080 | 32GB DDR4 2x16GB B-Die 4000  | WD Black SN850 512GB |  EVGA DG-77 | Samsung G7 32" 144hz 32"

Eurocom Raptor X15 | 12900k | Nvidia RTX 3070ti | 15.6" 1080p 240hz | Kingston 3200 32GB (2x16GB) | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB Heatsink Edition

10 minutes ago, johnksss said:

We call that the ultimate roller coaster ride...what I see is out of it all with RMAs pending you managed to get a replacement KPE 3090 that is a monster bin AND a 12900k SP98 that is also a monster bin....

I don't know whether to have you stand far away or close 😁

• Like 2

Electrosoft Prime: 7950X3D | MSI X670E Carbon  | MSI Suprim X Liquid 4090 | AC LF II 420 | G.Skill 6000 A-Die 2x32GB | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB | EVGA 1600w P2 | Phanteks Ethroo Pro | Alienware AW3225QF 32" OLED

MelMel:  AMD Ryzen 5 7600x | Asus B650 Prime | Powercolor Spectra White 7900XTX | Asus Ryugin III 240mm AIO | M-die 2x16GB Custom | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB | EVGA P2 850w | Hyte Y40 | BenQ 32" 4k
Heath: i9-12900k | EVGA CLC 280 | Asus Strix Z690 D4 | Asus Strix 3080 | 32GB DDR4 2x16GB B-Die 4000  | WD Black SN850 512GB |  EVGA DG-77 | Samsung G7 32" 144hz 32"

Eurocom Raptor X15 | 12900k | Nvidia RTX 3070ti | 15.6" 1080p 240hz | Kingston 3200 32GB (2x16GB) | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB Heatsink Edition

1 hour ago, Reciever said:

Sounds like the Universe has plans for you lol

Maybe, but they could have just went about it the easy way though.😄

1 hour ago, electrosoft said:

That is righteous brother, congrats!

Thanks bro!

1 hour ago, electrosoft said:

We call that the ultimate roller coaster ride...what I see is out of it all with RMAs pending you managed to get a replacement KPE 3090 that is a monster bin AND a 12900k SP98 that is also a monster bin....

I don't know whether to have you stand far away or close 😁

I'm like thinking the same same thing myself.. Hoping there is no other shoe to drop.

Hwbot Profile

1 hour ago, johnksss said:

None can have bad luck all the time. This time, God blessed you with good luck bro John. Or is it your karma?

“I say kind words to you, and you feel peaceful and happy. I say harsh words to you, and you become ruffled and upset. The kindness and the harshness will return to me, through others, at a later time. Finally, what I give is what I get back.”

https://hwbot.org/submission/4964590_papusan_3dmark___cloud_gate_geforce_gtx_760_(256bit)_43694_marks

2668333.jpg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Reciever said:

Oh nice I didnt know those were a thing!

My 4980hq needs a home! Are there Socket G3 desktop boards in the wild?

If they did exist, I'd have one right now lol.

I have searched and searched, PCWinMax does not make any HM87 or QM87 boards. The only Socket G3 boards I have found are really expensive boards with either no PCIE or with no normal cooler mounting holes. I believe the PCWinMax boards use LGA 115x mounting holes.

Clevo P870TM-G: Core i7 8700k @ 4.8ghz | Clevo RTX 2070 Super | 32gb HyperX DDR4 @ 3200mhz | 17" 1440p 120hz B173QTN01.0 Screen | 256gb Samsung 850 EVO | 500gb WD Blue SSD | Prema BIOS

Alienware 17 R1: Core i7 4710mq @ 3.619ghz 741 CBR15 (834 CBR15 @ 4.213ghz) | Dell GTX 860m | 16gb HyperX DDR3L @ 2133mhz | 17" 3D 120hz LTN173HT02-T01 Screen | 256gb mSATA SSD

Asus Zephyrus G14: Ryzen 7 4800hs @ 4.2ghz | GTX 1650 | 16gb DDR4 @ 3200mhz | 14" 120hz LM140LF1F01 Screen | 512gb NVME SSD

2 hours ago, johnksss said:

That seems like a happy ending, but sounds like a very nightmarish sequence of events. Your luck must have run out because you spoke to me on the phone a week or two ago, LOL. I'm doing OK now, but for about 6 months I felt like I was jinxed or something because absolutely nothing was going right... one thing after another, after another. I came very close to throwing in the towel forever. 

Congrats on the CPU. The bin is better than mine or Brother @Papusan. In fact, it think his and mine are nearly identical.

I haven't ever put it in an ASUS board myself. This screenshot is from the person that sold it to me. I don't know what BIOS revision or motherboard model it was installed in.

VsC2T7F.jpg

• Like 2

Wraith // Z790 Apex | 14900KF | 4090 Suprim X+Byksi Block | 48GB DDR5-8600 | Toughpower GF3 1650W | MO-RA3 360 | Hailea HC-500A || O11D XL EVO

Banshee // Z790 Apex Encore | 13900KS | 4090 Gaming OC+Alphacool Block | 48GB DDR5-8600 | RM1200x SHIFT | XT45 1080 Nova || Dark Base Pro 901

Spectre // Z790i Edge | 14900KF | 3090 Ti FTW3 | 48GB DDR5-8200 | RM1000e | EK Nucleus CR360 Direct Die || Prime A21

Methuselah // X79 Rampage IV Gene | Xeon E5 1680V2 | 2080 Ti | 32GB DDR3-2400 | GameMax 850W | EK Nucleus CR360 Dark || Prime AP201

Half-Breed // Dell Precision 7720 | BGA CPU Filth+MXM Quadro P5000 | 4K Display | Sub-$500 Grade A Refurb | Nothing to Write Home About

Mr. Fox YouTube Channel | Mr. Fox @ HWBOT

The average response time for a 911 call is 10 minutes. The response time of a .357 is 1400 feet per second. 

• Thumb Up 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Papusan said:

You need older drivers on older cards. Newer drivers from Nvidia is a fiasco.

It is their form of digital genocide. They appear to derive pleasure from killing their own offspring. This seems to be a common form of evil in the tech world.

My new baby needs a place to live, so I am going to kill my older child, which I no longer love, to make a place for them.

• Like 1

Wraith // Z790 Apex | 14900KF | 4090 Suprim X+Byksi Block | 48GB DDR5-8600 | Toughpower GF3 1650W | MO-RA3 360 | Hailea HC-500A || O11D XL EVO

Banshee // Z790 Apex Encore | 13900KS | 4090 Gaming OC+Alphacool Block | 48GB DDR5-8600 | RM1200x SHIFT | XT45 1080 Nova || Dark Base Pro 901

Spectre // Z790i Edge | 14900KF | 3090 Ti FTW3 | 48GB DDR5-8200 | RM1000e | EK Nucleus CR360 Direct Die || Prime A21

Methuselah // X79 Rampage IV Gene | Xeon E5 1680V2 | 2080 Ti | 32GB DDR3-2400 | GameMax 850W | EK Nucleus CR360 Dark || Prime AP201

Half-Breed // Dell Precision 7720 | BGA CPU Filth+MXM Quadro P5000 | 4K Display | Sub-$500 Grade A Refurb | Nothing to Write Home About

The average response time for a 911 call is 10 minutes. The response time of a .357 is 1400 feet per second. 

11 hours ago, Mr. Fox said:

That seems like a happy ending, but sounds like a very nightmarish sequence of events. Your luck must have run out because you spoke to me on the phone a week or two ago, LOL. I'm doing OK now, but for about 6 months I felt like I was jinxed or something because absolutely nothing was going right... one thing after another, after another. I came very close to throwing in the towel forever. 

Congrats on the CPU. The bin is better than mine or Brother @Papusan. In fact, it think his and mine are nearly identical.

I haven't ever put it in an ASUS board myself. This screenshot is from the person that sold it to me. I don't know what BIOS revision or motherboard model it was installed in.

VsC2T7F.jpg

Thanks!

Yes, I remember just getting to the section where you ran into a string of bad luck right when the forums went offline....

The board I tested it on was a 400 dollar Strix board. I should have looked at the other settings, but I was rushing. Had the board booted up for all of 2 minutes because I was in a rush.

• Thumb Up 2

Hwbot Profile

What core /memory offsets are people getting with 3090 KPE on its stock cooling?

Running 3090 benches right now, will swap out 3090Ti after. 

3090Ti is HUGE and HEAVY. I consider this a four slot card. 

Should have some results later tonight 😄

• Thumb Up 2

Alienware m18             : Intel Core i9 13900HX @ 5.0Ghz | nVidia GeForce RTX 4090    | K1675 | 2x1TB SSDs 

Alienware Area-51M : Intel Core i9-9900K @ 5.3Ghz    | nVidia GeForce RTX 2080    | AX210 | Samsung 970 Evo+ 
Alienware M18x R2 :    Intel Core i7 3920XM @ 4.7Ghz | nVidia Quadro RTX 3000     | AX210 | Samsung 980 PRO   
Alienware 18 :              Intel Core i7 4930MX @ 4.5Ghz  | nVidia Quadro RTX 5000  | AX210 | Samsung 980 NVMe  

More Laps: M14x (555m) | M14xR2 (650m) | M15x (980m) | M17xR3 (880m) | M18xR1 (RTX 5000) 

DT: Aurora R4 (i9 10980XE/RTX 4070) | Area-51 R2 (22-Core Xeon/Titan V) | SR-2 [2x6-Core/3x980Ti] | 

CS Studios YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/CSStudiosYT 

6 minutes ago, ssj92 said:

What core /memory offsets are people getting with 3090 KPE on its stock cooling?

Running 3090 benches right now, will swap out 3090Ti after. 

3090Ti is HUGE and HEAVY. I consider this a four slot card. 

Should have some results later tonight 😄

Nice. Looking forward to seeing it. I have never really overclocked mine on stock cooling, so I would not know what to tell you I run 200 to 210 on chilled water so probably 175 offset on core would work, although it will probably drop clocks as the core temps exceed 35-40°C. My memory overclock is the same regardless of cooling and it will vary by GPU. I can run memory at 1550 offset without an issue. Depending on teh qualty of your memory silicon, you may have a different threshold on what works. I would guess that even with low quality memory silicon quality 1200-1300 should be doable.

3 hours ago, Papusan said:

Latest 3DMark filth removes Sky Diver. It is no longer available because the idiots at UL decided they don't want it. Deciding not to support it is one thing. Not letting 3DMark users decide if they want to install it and continue using it is another. I haven't liked 3DMark for a while, but I like them even less now. But, that's OK. One less excuse to continue using Winduhz isn't a bad thing. That stupid and worthless new 3DMark "Storage Benchmark" sure as heck won't be a reason to.

• Thumb Up 1
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

16 minutes ago, Mr. Fox said:

Latest 3DMark filth removes Sky Diver. It is no longer available because the idiots at UL decided they don't want it. Deciding not to support it is one thing. Not letting 3DMark users decide if they want to continue using it is another. I haven't liked 3DMark for a while now, but I like them even less now. But, that's OK. One less reason to continue using Winduhz.

Next one one the cut list will be 3DM Fire Strike. Why not add all EOL benchmarks into one of the download packages? They still offer Ice Storm. Just let people download the installer they want. The public intaller they offer links to on different download pages can be the crippled one. Want full package then go into your account and pick the one you want. How difficult has it to be?

image.png.20c4fdb7f8ac580d534901975bd5212c.png

• Thumb Up 3

12 hours ago, ryan said:

kinda annoyed with youtube. watched a few videos and alot of people are saying the 3070 mobile is like a 2080 super max q which just isn't the case a rtx 3060 is faster than a 2080 super max q and I cant stand the virus that is false information....heres a port royal benchmark of the 2080 super max q and you seen me score 5179.

and even if it isn't max q its 150w....like wheres are these kids getting their data

Port Royal isn't really a valid test unless you're comparing first gen vs second gen RT only. 

The real test lies in rasterization. The second video shows the two sets of neutered 3070 vs 2080s trading blows pretty evenly with the 2080s winning some, losing some and lots of effective ties.

What's your timespy results?

5 hours ago, Mr. Fox said:

VsC2T7F.jpg

I know mine is an SP91. I think @Talon is SP92'ish too? @johnksss has the best one I've seen on this forum so far for SP rating.

• Thumb Up 4

15 minutes ago, electrosoft said:

Port Royal isn't really a valid test unless you're comparing first gen vs second gen RT only. 

I rarely  run it. It seems kind of meaningless to me in the grand scheme of things. Having a high Port Royal score also doesn't mean you are going to have impressive scores in other graphics benchmarks. I view it as more of a gimmick for gamer kids that care about ray tracing more than anything else. Tests like Fire Strike, Time Spy and 3DMark 11 are much better sytem performance indicators.

• Thumb Up 4
  • Like 1