Jump to content
NotebookTalk

*Official Benchmark Thread* - Post it here or it didn't happen :D


Recommended Posts

Posted
11 hours ago, electrosoft said:

That is awesome news @Reciever! Know your worth and demand no less. Sometimes you have to be proactive and other times those around you will see and acknowledge your quality work and reward you thusly.

 

Now, just go ahead and finance that 5090..... 🤣

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------

The cable, according to TG data collected so far with the WVP2, is the primary issue regardless of MSI burning up or other makers like the PNY reported a day or two before this one. It was an Asrock PSU. In the comments:

 

He literally recommended over and over to his friend to get a WVP2 or at least a better 3.1 compliant PSU. With the WVP2 I am pretty sure he would have immediately seen a high imbalance on a pin or two but without a WVP2, or a 3.1 PSU that reports pin monitoring or an Astral. Without any of these reporting protections, you are basically piddling blindly  in the wind every time you use your 5090.

 

Before my WVP2 and MSI sending me an Ai 1600T PSU, I purposely used the included tentacle just in case for warranty claims. Switched to the MSI PSU and its included 12vhpwr cable keeping MSI completely responsible for the warranty chain and then added a WVP2 and their warranty on top of it for extra added support.

 

De8auer said they haven't had a single report of a WVP2 burning up yet from WVP2 to GPU connection.

 

At this point, anyone running a 5090 without a WVP2, a pin monitoring compatible PSU or at the least using the tentacle to keep any burning issues warranty claims valid are playing with fire.

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

 

 

 

 

Honestly pushing for more value is harder than I realized, have to push down the imposter syndrome and take a risk. Looks like they are targeting October 16th but they will have to agree to my salary demand.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On another note, even if the 5090 was 2,000 I still wouldnt pick one up if I didnt have a WVP2 in hand to go with it, too much risk. It doesnt make sense to not have it. 


Looks like I get to drain the loop this weekend. One of the filters cracked (the glass) likely the cold air hitting it with the hotter water on startup? I have enough tubing thanks to @Mr. Fox recommending mcmaster I bought around 25 feet of tubing for exactly things like this. 

Was able to patch it and I do have a cup under the leak but for now it looks like it stopped leaking.

 

On 9/29/2026 at 1:28 AM, Mr. Fox said:

 

Congratulations, brother. I am glad that your dedication to excellence, faithfulness and hard work is finally being recognized.

 

Thanks Bro! It is Appreciated! 

  • Thumb Up 1
  • Bump 1
  • Confused 1

AM5-DD | 9850X3D2 @ 5.7Ghz | Wet Devil 7900 XTX  / Pulse 9070 XT (LSFG) | 32GB DDR5 8000Mhz | 2TB NVME | EVGA 1300w | NVME to 10Gbps | Win11 IoT

UNRAID | Xeon Gold 6248 40c/80t | 64GB + 512GB PMEM | P1000 | 9300i-16P | 68TB HDD's | 5TB SSD's | BeQuiet DP 13 1000w
ProxMox | E5-2697A 32c/64t | 128GB DDR4 2133Mhz | 2x2x1x1TB NVME Bifurcated | GTX 1060 3GB | X550 10Gbps 

Telegram / TS3 / Twitter

2700X to 5800X3D upgrade! With a 10850K cameo!

 

Posted
6 hours ago, Reciever said:

Looks like I get to drain the loop this weekend. One of the filters cracked (the glass) likely the cold air hitting it with the hotter water on startup? I have enough tubing thanks to @Mr. Fox recommending mcmaster I bought around 25 feet

That's really strange. I've never had a filter crack before. I'm wondering if maybe it had a defect. Using the chiller has never affected mine and it gets close to freezing point.

  • Like 1

WRAITH | Z890 APEX | 270K PLUS | RTX 5090 | 48GB DDR5 @ 8800 | LIAN LI O11D XL EVO | HC-500A CHILLER

REAPER | Z890 APEX | 270K PLUS | RTX 5080 | 48GB DDR5 @ 8800 | LIAN LI O11D MINI V2

BANSHEE | B850MPOWER | 4585PX | RTX 5080 | 32GB DDR5 @ 6200 | LIAN LI A3

Mr. Fox YouTube Channel | Mr. Fox @ HWBOT

Posted

Alienware 14 R1. 3DMark 11 score of 4,568.

 

Please let me know if this is good or bad for what the laptop is, lol.

 

This was my first time using 3DMark. I decided to use 3DMark 11 since my graphics card is on DX11 and that version of 3DMark is free. Benchmark was ran at my laptops native resolution of 1366x768p. Hopefully I have done it correctly.

 

Link to 3DMark results: https://www.3dmark.com/3dm11/17007367


Screenshots attached.

3DMark Results_AW14_First Run.png

CPU-Z_CPU_AW14.png

CPU-Z_Graphics_AW14.png

CPU-Z_Mainboard_AW14.png

CPU-Z_Memory_AW14.png

MSI Afterburner_AW14_OC Profile_1.png

  • Like 1
  • Bump 1
Posted
5 hours ago, mattalienware said:

Alienware 14 R1. 3DMark 11 score of 4,568.

 

Please let me know if this is good or bad for what the laptop is, lol.

 

This was my first time using 3DMark. I decided to use 3DMark 11 since my graphics card is on DX11 and that version of 3DMark is free. Benchmark was ran at my laptops native resolution of 1366x768p. Hopefully I have done it correctly.

 

Link to 3DMark results: https://www.3dmark.com/3dm11/17007367


Screenshots attached.

3DMark Results_AW14_First Run.png

CPU-Z_CPU_AW14.png

CPU-Z_Graphics_AW14.png

CPU-Z_Mainboard_AW14.png

CPU-Z_Memory_AW14.png

MSI Afterburner_AW14_OC Profile_1.png

3DM11 is the GOAT benchmark. Good choice.

WRAITH | Z890 APEX | 270K PLUS | RTX 5090 | 48GB DDR5 @ 8800 | LIAN LI O11D XL EVO | HC-500A CHILLER

REAPER | Z890 APEX | 270K PLUS | RTX 5080 | 48GB DDR5 @ 8800 | LIAN LI O11D MINI V2

BANSHEE | B850MPOWER | 4585PX | RTX 5080 | 32GB DDR5 @ 6200 | LIAN LI A3

Mr. Fox YouTube Channel | Mr. Fox @ HWBOT

Posted

@Mr. Fox @Papusan I'm back to desktop after a small break of 15 years. The laptops don't cut anymore. Anyway I repurposed the RTX 4070 Super eGPU for Raptor Lake Refresh 14400f and measly 2x8GB DDR4 3200MTps, MSI bomber B760M AX211 WIFI mobo and 512GB SN3000 QLC drive as costs for DDR5 16GB 6400 has driven up to 500$ for basic ones and good ones sell for 1200$ per stick.I got them for 600$ including the case.

Too many issues with eGPU on windows 11 and stopped trusting Defender to go for Kaspersky Standard AV as I started getting few indie games and apps early for review for my youtube channel. All of the desktop are in test bench as I'm sick with HFM which my sister had couple of weeks ago.

Stock RM1 Cooler can't sustain 120W and 45C ambient. Tweaked few settings in TS and uploaded few unofficial DLSS 5 mod into Miles Morales (lot of artifacts indoor lights/env), NFS MW Redux (much more cleaner graphics/UI).

  • Like 2
  • Bump 1
Posted
7 hours ago, Vasudev said:

@Mr. Fox @Papusan I'm back to desktop after a small break of 15 years.

 

Nice to see you back bro Vasu. And yep, desktop all the way. Modern Jokebooks is just a bigger tablet with KB😀

 

Today's joke. Smuggling by now will be fixed. Just handle over your ID. And will MC ban you from their store if you sell your old hardware (to friends) outside US now?🧐 Nice seeing the retail follow up the governments chips ban, and stop the smuggling of nvidia chips (sarcasm). China will get needed chips anyway. 

 

So in the end, the random US customer is the one dealing with ID checks and export declarations at the checkout. Meanwhile, the larger export operations these rules are supposed to address have already found cheaper and more efficient ways around them.

 

Micro Center now requires RTX 5090 buyers to show ID and sign no-export declaration

 

form-for-5090s-v0-em18h2s81rsh1.jpeg?wid

 

  • Bump 1
  • Sad 1

"The Killer"  ASUS  Z790 Apex Encore | 14900KS | 4090 HOF + 20 other graphics cards | 32GB DDR5 | Be Quiet! Dark Power Pro 12 - 1500 Watt | Second PSU - Cooler Master V750 SFX Gold 750W (For total of 2250W Power) | Corsair Obsidian 1000D | Custom Cooling | Asus ROG Strix XG27AQ 27" Monitors |

 

                                               Papusan @ HWBOT | Team PremaMod @ HWBOT | Papusan @ YouTube Channel

                             

 

Posted
2 hours ago, Papusan said:

 

Nice to see you back bro Vasu. And yep, desktop all the way. Modern Jokebooks is just a bigger tablet with KB😀

 

Today's joke. Smuggling by now will be fixed. Just handle over your ID. And will MC ban you from their store if you sell your old hardware (to friends) outside US now?🧐 Nice seeing the retail follow up the governments chips ban, and stop the smuggling of nvidia chips (sarcasm). China will get needed chips anyway. 

 

So in the end, the random US customer is the one dealing with ID checks and export declarations at the checkout. Meanwhile, the larger export operations these rules are supposed to address have already found cheaper and more efficient ways around them.

 

Micro Center now requires RTX 5090 buyers to show ID and sign no-export declaration

 

form-for-5090s-v0-em18h2s81rsh1.jpeg?wid

 

Making a rare appearance, good timing I guess. Not to be a nihilist about it, as nihilism is lame and pure evil, but part of the reason I've partially stepped out of the technology realm is because of how politicized it's become over the past few years. Won't get into it here, but the whole reason I got into all of this stuff was mostly as an escape from the world. Physical hardware had almost nothing to do with any societal/political issues besides maybe the pricing of hardware.

Not only have availability and innovation fallen off, I can't even discuss my joy and appreciation for technology without it spiraling into a political discussion. Maybe it's just me being at university and being surrounded by more people that have a very active political life than the average joe, but it just sucks. I can't fully describe it, but I have lost most confidence in sharing this hobby of technology and computer hardware I have with others ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.

The future will be brighter, but I'm impatient and want the future to be now, just as all of you guys probably want too. Hopefully you all will still be here to celebrate when things get better 🙂
 

  • Bump 1

Clevo P870TM-G: Core i7 8700k @ 4.8ghz | Clevo RTX 2070 Super | 32gb HyperX DDR4 @ 3200mhz | 17" 1440p 120hz B173QTN01.0 Screen | 256gb Samsung 850 EVO | 500gb WD Blue SSD | Prema BIOS
 

Alienware 17 R1: Core i7 4710mq @ 3.619ghz 741 CBR15 (834 CBR15 @ 4.213ghz) | Dell GTX 860m | 16gb HyperX DDR3L @ 2133mhz | 17" 3D 120hz LTN173HT02-T01 Screen | 256gb mSATA SSD

Asus Zephyrus G14: Ryzen 7 4800hs @ 4.2ghz | GTX 1650 | 16gb DDR4 @ 3200mhz | 14" 120hz LM140LF1F01 Screen | 512gb NVME SSD

 

 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use