NotebookTalk

*Official Benchmark Thread* - Post it here or it didn't happen :D

Mr. Fox

1 hour ago, Papusan said:

Nvidia was taken with the pants down with the scam 4080@12GB and had to remove it from their gpu line-up. But they continue screw the laptop-jockeys. What a joke.

Nvidia GeForce RTX 4090 headed to laptops with an AD103 GPU

Interestingly enough, the Ada Lovelace mobile lineup skips the GeForce RTX 4080 entirely. The GeForce RTX 4090 (AD103) is followed by the AD104-based GeForce RTX 4080 Ti (175 W TGP), GeForce RTX 4070 (AD106, 40 W TGP) and the GeForce RTX 4060 and RTX 4060 Ti, both with different AD106 variants. There is no word about when the Ada Lovelace mobile graphics cards will be launched, but if last year's release cycle is anything to go by, they should start showing up at around CES 2023.

I will say that by all accounts the Nvidia cards are still the rulers of the desktop GPU world and it is very impressive what they have accomplished.

Because they have done so well in the desktop world it hurts even more that they brazenly continue with their disingenuous ways. We used to have TGP parity between laptops and desktops and now we get more like a 2.5:1 ratio instead, not to mention the other limitations of the mobile "4090" that I am sure will all come to light in due time. This has to be one of the biggest mislabelings ever in the industry when it comes to components.

By now Nvidia could just admit that this is a completely different ballgame between mobile and desktop and rename their cards accordingly but then people may be unwilling to pay 4090 desktop dollars to get at best 4070 desktop performance or at least this is how things look like now.

It would be great if AMD released a proper mobile card with at least a 250W TGP to kick some mobile green ass. Add a flagship DTR chassis and the AM5 socket for the CPU and I will gladly buy an all AMD DTR flagship.

• Thumb Up 3

1 hour ago, johnksss said:

I didn’t even know this stuff existed. Newegg apparently had it in stock on 10/20/22 all for $20 extra dollars too. Now I’m gonna go cry. My DDR5 7200 is obsolete before I even got it. 🥹 😂

• Thumb Up 1
  • Haha 2

13900KF

1 hour ago, jaybee83 said:

ok kool, just finished with Macrium Reflect and worked like a charm! Ill keep this tool for the future 🙂 

wait what? 4090 in laptop? err....right

holy... ok ill only bite when we reach 9000 😄 

Macrium Reflect, even the free version, is one of the most useful software tools I know if. It has never let me down. It works to image and clone Linux drives as well (when using bootable USB media).

• Thumb Up 3
  • Like 1
  • Bump 1

Wraith // Z790 Apex | 14900KF | 4090 Suprim X+Byksi Block | 48GB DDR5-8600 | Toughpower GF3 1650W | MO-RA3 360 | Hailea HC-500A || O11D XL EVO

Banshee // Z790 Apex Encore | 13900KS | 4090 Gaming OC+Alphacool Block | 48GB DDR5-8600 | RM1200x SHIFT | XT45 1080 Nova || Antec C8

Spectre // Z790i Edge | 14900KF | 3090 Ti FTW3 | 48GB DDR5-8200 | RM1000e | EK Nucleus CR360 Direct Die || Prime A21

Methuselah // X79 Rampage IV Gene | Xeon E5 1680V2 | 2080 Ti | 32GB DDR3-2400 | GameMax 850W | EK Nucleus CR360 Dark || Prime AP201

Half-Breed // Dell Precision 7720 | BGA CPU Filth+MXM Quadro P5000 | 4K Display | Sub-$500 Grade A Refurb | Nothing to Write Home About

Mr. Fox YouTube Channel | Mr. Fox @ HWBOT

The average response time for a 911 call is 10 minutes. The response time of a .357 is 1400 feet per second. 

3 hours ago, 1610ftw said:

Not from the US so not quite sure how this works. They have a relatively low cost plan where you can bring in a component that you bought from them and then you get to replace it with its successor? 

That kind of sounds too good to be true (and not very lucrative for Microcenter) so maybe I am missing something?

Being in the US doesn't do you any more good than being from somewhere else unless you live within driving distance from a Micro Center, and the one you are close to has this sort of customer-centric policy. For everyone else in the world it doesn't matter because there is no way to buy from them unless you have a friend or relative that lives there and can ship the products to you. They have a web site, but that is also totally useless  for anything unless you want to check prices before you go to the store. I recommend that against visiting their web site because all it will do is create anger and/or sadness about the stock availability and prices that you cannot benefit from.

• Thumb Up 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 2

Wraith // Z790 Apex | 14900KF | 4090 Suprim X+Byksi Block | 48GB DDR5-8600 | Toughpower GF3 1650W | MO-RA3 360 | Hailea HC-500A || O11D XL EVO

Banshee // Z790 Apex Encore | 13900KS | 4090 Gaming OC+Alphacool Block | 48GB DDR5-8600 | RM1200x SHIFT | XT45 1080 Nova || Antec C8

Spectre // Z790i Edge | 14900KF | 3090 Ti FTW3 | 48GB DDR5-8200 | RM1000e | EK Nucleus CR360 Direct Die || Prime A21

Methuselah // X79 Rampage IV Gene | Xeon E5 1680V2 | 2080 Ti | 32GB DDR3-2400 | GameMax 850W | EK Nucleus CR360 Dark || Prime AP201

Half-Breed // Dell Precision 7720 | BGA CPU Filth+MXM Quadro P5000 | 4K Display | Sub-$500 Grade A Refurb | Nothing to Write Home About

The average response time for a 911 call is 10 minutes. The response time of a .357 is 1400 feet per second. 

14 minutes ago, Mr. Fox said:

Being in the US doesn't do you any more good than being from somewhere else unless you live within driving distance from a Micro Center, and the one you are close to has this sort of customer-centric policy. For everyone else in the world it doesn't matter because there is no way to buy from them unless you have a friend or relative that lives there and can ship the products to you. They have a web site, but that is also totally useless  for anything unless you want to check prices before you go to the store. I recommend that against visiting their web site because all it will do is create anger and/or sadness about the stock availability and prices that you cannot benefit from.

I have one that is a 4+ Hr drive away from me. I’m tempted to start using it though. It’s in Virginia. They actually have (2) in VA. I’m just surprised they don’t have any in NC. 

But yes the website is a lie. I think they do that on purpose. You can walk right in to those store and usually find what you need.

If I drove to one I would walk out with a RTX4090 and probably some watercooling goodies. As well as a Bloated MC store credit card lol. 

• Haha 5

13900KF

21 minutes ago, Mr. Fox said:

Sounds like another case of life being unfair. Or like something to consider when looking for a nice place to live 😉

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, 1610ftw said:

Sounds like another case of life being unfair. Or like something to consider when looking for a nice place to live 😉

I suppose it depends on how you look at it. Am I jealous that I don't have one where I live? You betcha. But I don't think fairness applies, at least in my mind, because that carries a sense of entitlement. It's not unfair that I don't have one here because I haven't done anything to deserve one and there was no promise made that was broken.

I think it's fine for private businesses to make decisions that don't allow for equal opportunity for all employees or all customers. If it's privately owned then I think it's up to the owners to make decisions on their own without any concern for outside influence, opinion or input. It's their business to own and run however they deem appropriate, or at least it should be. The government really screws things up by trying to make a level playing field and everything turns out much better in the absence of regulatory Nazi influence and control.

But yeah... I'm jealous, LoL.

All that said, there are things that I can identify about some of the places that do have a Micro Center that would make me extremely unhappy about living there (high crime, high cost of living, the dominant mindset of the society residing there, higher taxes, objectionable and overbearing government policies,  etc.) and having a Micro Center available wouldn't come anywhere close to making it a good enough reason to consider living in those places. I do find it a little bit puzzling that, on the surface, it kind of seems like the ownership of Micro Center are frequently tolerant and forgiving of those conditions. Otherwise they wouldn't open shop in places like some of those cities. I think they would be a lot more profitable in a lot of places other than where they have certain stores because the cost of operation would be dramatically reduced and less regulated, and sales would be equally robust. This might be a reflection of the opinions held by Micro Center ownership... but, that is speculation.

• Thumb Up 5
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Mr. Fox said:

I suppose it depends on how you look at it. Am I jealous that I don't have one where I live? You betcha. But I don't think fairness applies, at least in my mind, because that carries a sense of entitlement. It's not unfair that I don't have one here because I haven't done anything to deserve one and there was no promise made that was broken.

I think it's fine for private businesses to make decisions that don't allow for equal opportunity for all employees or all customers. If it's privately owned then I think it's up to the owners to make decisions on their own without any concern for outside influence or input. It's their business to run as they seem appropriate. The government really screws things up by trying to make a level playing field and everything turns out better in the absence of regulatory Nazi influence.

All that said, there are things that I can identify about some of the places that do have a Micro Center that would make me extremely unhappy about living there (high crime, high cost of living, higher taxes, objectionable and overbearing government policies,  etc.) and having a Micro Center available wouldn't come anywhere close to making it a good enough reason to consider living in those places. I do find it a little bit puzzling that, on the surface, it kind of seems like the ownership of Micro Center are frequently tolerant and forgiving of those conditions. Otherwise they wouldn't open shop in places like some of those cities. I think they would be a lot more profitable in a lot of places other than where they have certain stores because the cost of operation would be dramatically reduced and less regulated, and sales would be equally robust. This might be a reflection of the opinions held by Micro Center ownership... but, that is speculation.

Well said and indeed I put the wink in there for a reason so congrats to people who a Micro Center close by and all the others are better off trying not to think about those stores too often 🙂

• Thumb Up 2
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, 1610ftw said:

Well said and indeed I put the wink in there for a reason so congrats to people who a Micro Center close by and all the others are better off trying not to think about those stores too often 🙂

MC has always been great. I remember back when the Intel i7 5960X Extreme Edition and X99 chipset was KING. They were $1,049 or so dollars on Newegg. And people were buying them for like $799.99 in Microcenters. And this was always the case with CPU’s. Very expensive processors were hundreds of dollars cheaper.  And they would offer and additional -$50 off if you purchased a motherboard with a CPU.

I’m going to start planning better on my own part. While I don’t have a MC near me, I could make the 4 hour drive for parts that I plan spending hundreds or thousands on and keeping for 1yr+ anyways. 

I’m gonna set aside funds throughout the year(s) and be ready for new hardware when it launches and just drive to a Micro Center. Then I’ll have it the same day, and save money.

• Thumb Up 5

13900KF

6 minutes ago, tps3443 said:

MC has always been great. I remember back when the Intel i7 5960X Extreme Edition and X99 chipset was KING. They were $1,049 or so dollars on Newegg. And people were buying them for like $799.99 in Microcenters. And this was always the case with CPU’s. Very expensive processors were hundreds of dollars cheaper.  And they would offer and additional -$50 off if you purchased a motherboard with a CPU.

I’m going to start planning better on my own part. While I don’t have a MC near me, I could make the 4 hour drive for parts that I plan spending hundreds or thousands on and keeping for 1yr+ anyways. 

I’m gonna set aside funds throughout the year(s) and be ready for new hardware when it launches and just drive to a Micro Center. Then I’ll have it the same day, and save money.

thats the right way to do it! i keep shaking my head in disbelief when reading accounts of ppl online over at overclock.net "spontaneously" deciding to go out and buy a 4090 because they were made aware of them A DAY BEFORE the launch due to the reviews coming out online. im like....wtf 😅 and no, i dont believe that such ppl would be so rich as to just be able and afford such insane purchases on the whim of a moment...

• Thumb Up 1

Mine: Hyperion "Titan God of Heat, Heavenly Light, Power" (2022-24)
AMD Ryzen 9 7950X (TG High Perf. IHS) / Asus ROG Crosshair X670E Extreme / MSI Geforce RTX 4090 Suprim X / Teamgroup T-Force Delta RGB DDR5-8200 2x24 GB / Seagate Firecuda 530 4 TB / 5x Samsung 860 Evo 4 TB / Arctic Liquid Freezer II 420 (Push/Pull 6x Noctua NF-A14 IndustrialPPC-3000 intake) / Seasonic TX-1600 W Titanium / Phanteks Enthoo Pro 2 TG (3x Arctic P12 A-RGB intake / 4x Arctic P14 A-RGB exhaust / 1x Arctic P14 A-RGB RAM cooling) / Samsung Odyssey Neo G8 32" 4K 240 Hz / Ducky One 3 Daybreak Fullsize Cherry MX Brown / Corsair M65 Ultra RGB / PDP Afterglow Wave Black

My Lady's: Clevo NH55JNNQ "Alfred" (2022-24)
Sharp LQ156M1JW03 FHD matte 15.6" IGZO 8 bit @248 Hz / Intel Core i5 12600 / Nvidia Geforce RTX 3070 Ti / Mushkin Redline DDR4-3200 2x32 GB / Samsung 970 Pro 1 TB / Samsung 870 QVO 8 TB / Intel AX201 WIFI 6+BT 5.2 / Win 11 Pro Phoenix Lite OS / 230 W PSU powered by Prema Mod!

So I asked today and they flat out said. You by this warranty bring it back and will exchange it. or you can say it's defect if that makes you feel better. lol As i got money back for my 6400 kit and purchased the 7600 kit for 80 bucks cheaper😂

Side note: Unify-X booted with no issues at 7600.

MC had 8 ROG cards for 2K. ( I had brought my card but was like....nah, I'll pass)

2 7600 Kits

No hero Z790 nor any 13900K's.

• Thumb Up 2
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

Maximus Z790 Apex ~ 13900K ~ MSI 4090 Suprim X ~ G.Skill Trident Z5 7800 Mhz ~ 1TB Samsung 980 Pro ~ Thermaltake 1650W GF3 ~ AACH100HP Water Chiller ~ Praxis Wet Bench Flat

MSI MEG X570S Unify-X MAX ~ 5950X ~ GTX 1070 ~ G.Skill 3200 Mhz ~ 500GB Samsung 980 Pro ~ Lian Li O11 Dynamic EVO Tempered Glass ~ Thermaltake 650W ~ 

Hwbot Profile

I’m playing a technical test preview of the game “Skull & Bones” it’s a Ubisoft game. Looks a bit like Far Cry with a Sea of Thieves vibe to it. If anyone wants to try it let me know, I can invite you! The game doesn’t launch until 03/2023, so it is still a very early preview. I’d share some

Videos but it’s under their NDA still I don’t wanna get sued. It’s pretty nice looking so far though! 

• Thumb Up 1

13900KF

1 hour ago, Mr. Fox said:

I think it's fine for private businesses to make decisions that don't allow for equal opportunity for all employees or all customers. If it's privately owned then I think it's up to the owners to make decisions on their own without any concern for outside influence, opinion or input. It's their business to own and run however they deem appropriate, or at least it should be. The government really screws things up by trying to make a level playing field and everything turns out much better in the absence of regulatory Nazi influence and control.

All that said, there are things that I can identify about some of the places that do have a Micro Center that would make me extremely unhappy about living there (high crime, high cost of living, the dominant mindset of the society residing there, higher taxes, objectionable and overbearing government policies,  etc.) and having a Micro Center available wouldn't come anywhere close to making it a good enough reason to consider living in those places. I do find it a little bit puzzling that, on the surface, it kind of seems like the ownership of Micro Center are frequently tolerant and forgiving of those conditions. Otherwise they wouldn't open shop in places like some of those cities. I think they would be a lot more profitable in a lot of places other than where they have certain stores because the cost of operation would be dramatically reduced and less regulated, and sales would be equally robust. This might be a reflection of the opinions held by Micro Center ownership... but, that is speculation.

There is a Micro Center about 30 minutes away from where I live, and my dad and I go there together every so often. We always tell my mom that we're going to the toy store. 🤣

I absolutely love being there, even if I'm not there to buy anything. We go there for most of our hardware needs.

• Thumb Up 3
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

AlienyHackbook: Alienware M17X R5 | i7-4930MX | GTX 1060 | 32GB DDR3L Kingston HyperX @ 2133 MHz CL 12 | MacOS Sierra 10.12.5 | Windows 10 LTSC | Hackintoshes Rule!

Desktop Killer: Clevo X170SM-G | i9-10900K | RTX 2080 Super | 32GB DDR4 Crucial Ballistix @ 3200 MHz CL 16 | Windows 10 LTSC | Slayer Of Desktops

Sagattarius A: Custom Built Desktop | i9-10900K | RX 6950 XT | 32GB DDR4 G.Skill Ripjaws @ 4000 MHz CL 15 | Windows 10 LTSC | Ultimate Performance Desktop With Cryo Cooling!

15 minutes ago, tps3443 said:

I’m playing a technical test preview of the game “Skull & Bones” it’s a Ubisoft game. Looks a bit like Far Cry with a Sea of Thieves vibe to it. If anyone wants to try it let me know, I can invite you! The game doesn’t launch until 03/2023, so it is still a very early preview. I’d share some

Videos but it’s under their NDA still I don’t wanna get sued. It’s pretty nice looking so far though! 

add me in.

Edit:

So while I was at MC I was talking to someone who knows of the guy with the cnc machined parts in the 4090 Box. turns out that guy is trying to scam Newegg. Those parts in the box were his. LOL

https://www.tomshardware.com/news/geforce-rtx-4090-newegg-switcheroo

• Thumb Up 2
  • Haha 3

Maximus Z790 Apex ~ 13900K ~ MSI 4090 Suprim X ~ G.Skill Trident Z5 7800 Mhz ~ 1TB Samsung 980 Pro ~ Thermaltake 1650W GF3 ~ AACH100HP Water Chiller ~ Praxis Wet Bench Flat

MSI MEG X570S Unify-X MAX ~ 5950X ~ GTX 1070 ~ G.Skill 3200 Mhz ~ 500GB Samsung 980 Pro ~ Lian Li O11 Dynamic EVO Tempered Glass ~ Thermaltake 650W ~ 

Hwbot Profile

35 minutes ago, johnksss said:

add me in.

Edit:

So while I was at MC I was talking to someone who knows of the guy with the cnc machined parts in the 4090 Box. turns out that guy is trying to scam Newegg. Those parts in the box were his. LOL

Invite for Skull and Bones sent! This game has some beautiful water and shadows! Still buggy as to be expected though.

13900KF

1 hour ago, johnksss said:

add me in.

Edit:

oh thats gonna be a fun story to watch on GN, they actually offered to buy those metal pieces off him in order to cover the story LOL

• Thumb Up 1
  • Haha 1

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X (TG High Perf. IHS) / Asus ROG Crosshair X670E Extreme / MSI Geforce RTX 4090 Suprim X / Teamgroup T-Force Delta RGB DDR5-8200 2x24 GB / Seagate Firecuda 530 4 TB / 5x Samsung 860 Evo 4 TB / Arctic Liquid Freezer II 420 (Push/Pull 6x Noctua NF-A14 IndustrialPPC-3000 intake) / Seasonic TX-1600 W Titanium / Phanteks Enthoo Pro 2 TG (3x Arctic P12 A-RGB intake / 4x Arctic P14 A-RGB exhaust / 1x Arctic P14 A-RGB RAM cooling) / Samsung Odyssey Neo G8 32" 4K 240 Hz / Ducky One 3 Daybreak Fullsize Cherry MX Brown / Corsair M65 Ultra RGB / PDP Afterglow Wave Black

Sharp LQ156M1JW03 FHD matte 15.6" IGZO 8 bit @248 Hz / Intel Core i5 12600 / Nvidia Geforce RTX 3070 Ti / Mushkin Redline DDR4-3200 2x32 GB / Samsung 970 Pro 1 TB / Samsung 870 QVO 8 TB / Intel AX201 WIFI 6+BT 5.2 / Win 11 Pro Phoenix Lite OS / 230 W PSU powered by Prema Mod!

5 minutes ago, jaybee83 said:

oh thats gonna be a fun story to watch on GN, they actually offered to buy those metal pieces off him in order to cover the story LOL

I could be jumping the gun, but damn...his box looks better than those beat up boxes you see and hear about in the mail.

In other news my chip is a SP101 P110/E85

So nothing fancy at all.

• Thumb Up 1

Hwbot Profile

1 minute ago, johnksss said:

I could be jumping the gun, but damn...his box looks better than those beat up boxes you see and hear about in the mail.

In other news my chip is a SP101 P110/E85

So nothing fancy at all.

That’s sounding good to me.

Did you get an Asus Z790 Hero? 

13900KF

1 hour ago, tps3443 said:

Be sure to share in the gaming forum too if your amenable 

11 minutes ago, tps3443 said:

That’s sounding good to me.

Did you get an Asus Z790 Hero? 

No, they didn't have it in so I'll try back Tuesday and maybe Thursday.

I got a ROG Strix Z690-E Gaming WIFI. Since im not keeping it.

• Thumb Up 1

Hwbot Profile

Just now, tps3443 said:

PLAY TIME

7-E80-A31-E-9-CFB-4939-AEE6-11-F47-E0677
C982-B88-C-FC6-B-4-E9-A-B1-CB-27-D2-D375

LOL im imagining u in the same state of mind as i was when the UPS truck FINALLY arrived delivering my 4090 😂

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, tps3443 said:

I have one that is a 4+ Hr drive away from me. I’m tempted to start using it though. It’s in Virginia. They actually have (2) in VA. I’m just surprised they don’t have any in NC. 

But yes the website is a lie. I think they do that on purpose. You can walk right in to those store and usually find what you need.

If I drove to one I would walk out with a RTX4090 and probably some watercooling goodies. As well as a Bloated MC store credit card lol. 

When using the website you have to look at the store you would be going to. And if it's hot off the shelf stuff, then the inventory will be behind, but once it normalizes then it's pretty up to date for the most part. Like right now....40 series cards will be behind because generally when they come off the truck and are counted they go into peoples hands.

Hwbot Profile