NotebookTalk

*Official Benchmark Thread* - Post it here or it didn't happen :D

Mr. Fox

5 minutes ago, MyPC8MyBrain said:

@Reciever

is it light reflecting or your fins clogged with dust?

Untitled.jpg

Must be light, this system has largely been unused up until this week. Temps are good, otherwise I wouldnt be able to hold 130w on an air cooler 🙂rtx3090SP1080PE13895.thumb.png.6042bd7fa8700c06ed397269fd967d0b.pngrtx3090SP8K8367.thumb.png.9c0a33218841270d7a72669ecea3f11e.png

Not setting any records but am getting some points I think 

I also have Vega 56, GTX 970, GTX 295, HD 5970, HD 4870x2, RTX 3080, GTX 1070. I could probably go back and re-run the 5700xt stuff, I have 5 of them to test for best performance but that will be much more time consuming.

• Thumb Up 3
  • Like 3

sorry to skip your post but container disabled I got this after the reboot and disabling it

disabled.png

then reactivating it my score was akin to a 160/160 overclock bizzare behaviour but it did like a reset or something....never scored higher than 2003 stock with this card in speed way

Screenshot-107.png

now im going to have fun thanks brother NINJA TECH WIZARD

I have a feeling im going to break 9200 GPU in timespy and set a 100w record (whole world)

nope i didn't top my old score....but still 9k isnt bad and only a small overclock

Screenshot-108.png

• Thumb Up 1

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled

15 minutes ago, ryan said:

I got this after the reboot and disabling it

never seen that error before (has to be unrelated or coincidental), i benched with standard TimeSpy,
no reboot is needed for this to work either, you can enable disable this feature on the fly, this is what is keeping your gpu from utilizing its full TGP, it has no functionality beyond governing wattage plummed through, i did this with latest NVidia game ready driver, i use nvcleanstal and few expert tweak (you can see here the tweaks i used) to create a clean driver installer which i than use to reinstall the driver cleanly,

15 minutes ago, ryan said:

I have a feeling im going to break 9200 GPU in timespy and set a 100w record

100% you can and will! 😉 

the impossible is not impossible, its just haven't been done yet.

you might want to make sure you assigned all max power option in nvidia control center to the bench executable which lives by default here "C:\ProgramData\UL\3DMark\chops\dlc\time-spy-test\bin\x64\3DMarkTimeSpy.exe" (other bench executables also live nearby), 

(note it is 3DMarkTimeSpy.exe in the path described above not 3DMark.exe)

1.jpg

also in afterburner make sure to drag your power limit slider to max your system driver will allow (this will likely be possible only after you use nvcleanstall with the tweak listed)

1.jpg

2.jpg

Edited by MyPC8MyBrain

thanks alot for that

the explorer.exe wont stick to max performance neither will timespy and i get a huge drop in performance everytime i disable nvidia software components

• Like 1

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled

8 hours ago, Tenoroon said:

The P870TM finally arrived, and I spent all day so far moving everything over, but wow. This thing is just insane, GPU temps don't get over 70C with the vapor chamber, CPU runs nice and cool, 3 M.2 slots is nice, and the Prema BIOS is just phenomenal. Though, I do have a few questions.

The backlights are stuck to being this gawdy looking yellow color, but the keyboard refuses to change the LED color or even dim them, they're just stuck yellow. I thought the keyboard was broken so I swapped my known working P775 keyboard in it and it is still that same yellow color. Is it possible for me to change the color in the BIOS or via software?

I also want to know if I can dim the back lid LED's as those are stuck on a white color.

With a bit of trial and error, I managed to get my 870 EVO into the SATA slot, but it was really difficult as the SATA out on the SSD didn't want to line up with the connectors on the motherboard. I have a slightly thicker 2tb HDD that I tried to wiggle in there, but I can't seem to get it in. Is there an intended way to get the SATA drives in? It seems very difficult to get them to slot in just right. 

In the BIOS, there is a fan control option, but its to enable or disable fan control. I've looked in the BIOS but can't find any options for fan control. Are you able to control the fans in the BIOS? If not its no big deal, but I'd like to set some custom tables so I don't have to run ClevoFanControl every time I boot into Windows.

Last thing, but I've noticed these interlaced looking lines on the 1440p display the laptop comes with, they aren't noticeable from a far, but they make the screen look super washed out. I feel like I read somewhere in the past that these 1440p screens were known to have this "issue" but I'm mostly just curious if I can fix it at all.

I remember some of those things, but don't remember clearly what I did with some of them. Here is what I remember from the P870DM3 (never had a TM).

• keyboard lighting requires Clevo Control Center (CCC) cancer software
  • SATA drives are a bit tricky to line up with ports and need to use something to reach under the drive and lift up
  • If I remember correctly (big if) the BIOS fan option is to enable CCC to control the fans in Windows
  • There were two 1440p screen options, one better than the other (sorry, don't recall details - I had the better one)

Congratulations on purchasing the last good high performance laptop that was manufactured. The P870DM3 was the last laptop that I remember truly being fond of and didn't regret purchasing. I hope Clevo continues to offer service parts for it in case you ever need to replace something.

Looks like this might have some useful fixes.
Download AIDA64 Extreme (beta)

Version: 6.85.6329 beta (Jan 31, 2023)

Release notes:

• AVX-512 FMA units count information for AMD Zen 4
  • AVX-512 FMA units count information for Intel Cannon Lake, Ice Lake, Tiger Lake, Rocket Lake, Alder Lake, Raptor Lake
  • improved DDR5 SPD bank switching
  • identification of DDR5-9600, DDR5-9800, DDR5-10000, DDR5-10200, DDR5-10400, DDR5-10600, DDR5-10800 memory modules, DDR5-11000, DDR5-11200, DDR5-11400, DDR5-11600, DDR5-11800, DDR5-12000 memory modules
  • PCI VPD detection / improved exception handling
  • motherboard specific sensor info for Asus ROG Strix Z590-A Gaming WiFi II
  • motherboard specific sensor info for Gigabyte A620 Series
  • motherboard specific sensor info for HP 2B5E
  • fixed: supported memory types list for AMD K19.1, K19.4, K19.6, K19.7
  • fixed: DIMM thermal sensor support for DDR5 memory modules
  • fixed: MSI MEG Ai1000P, Ai1300P PSU sensor support
  • fixed: sensor support for Aqua Computer LeakShield with FW 1019
  • fixed: motherboard specific sensor info for MSI MS-7D40

4 hours ago, Reciever said:

Taking advantage of Snow Week here in DFW. Time to get us some points for TeamPrema

With all that being said, I dont have fancy cooling, all air, so my window is open to keep the temps low. 

Any vBIOS I can flash for my EVGA RTX 3090? Non KingPin 

Nice to see you benching, Brother @Reciever

Since you said "not Kingpin" here is the Galax HOF 1000W 3090 vBIOS. (It also works fine on my 3090 Kingpin.) Rename a copy of the ROM to something short and sweet to make flashing easier. Also remember to backup your original vBIOS first.

GALAX.RTX3090.24576.210125 (94.02.38.00.30).zip

• Like 2

Wraith // Z790 Apex | 14900KF | 4090 Suprim X+Byksi Block | 48GB DDR5-8600 | Toughpower GF3 1650W | MO-RA3 360 | Hailea HC-500A || O11D XL EVO
Banshee // Z790 Apex Encore | 13900KS | 4090 Gaming OC+Alphacool Block | 48GB DDR5-8600 | RM1200x SHIFT | XT45 1080 Nova || Dark Base Pro 901
Munchkin // Z790i Edge | 14900K | Arc A770 Phantom Gaming OC | 48GB DDR5-8000 | GameMax 850W | EK Nucleus CR360 Dark || Prime AP201 
Half-Breed // Dell Precision 7720 | BGA CPU Filth+MXM Quadro P5000 | Sub-$500 Grade A Refurb || Nothing to Write Home About  

Mr. Fox YouTube Channel | Mr. Fox @ HWBOT

The average response time for a 911 call is 10 minutes. The response time of a .357 is 1400 feet per second.

17 minutes ago, Mr. Fox said:

I remember some of those things, but don't remember clearly what I did with some of them. Here is what I remember from the P870DM3 (never had a TM).

• keyboard lighting requires Clevo Control Center (CCC) cancer software
  • SATA drives are a bit tricky to line up with ports and need to use something to reach under the drive and lift up
  • If I remember correctly (big if) the BIOS fan option is to enable CCC to control the fans in Windows
  • There were two 1440p screen options, one better than the other (sorry, don't recall details - I had the better one)

Congratulations on purchasing the last good high performance laptop that was manufactured. The P870DM3 was the last laptop that I remember truly being fond of and didn't regret purchasing. I hope Clevo continues to offer service parts for it in case you ever need to replace something.

Looks like this might have some useful fixes.
Download AIDA64 Extreme (beta)

Version: 6.85.6329 beta (Jan 31, 2023)

• Release notes:AVX-512 FMA units count information for AMD Zen 4
  • AVX-512 FMA units count information for Intel Cannon Lake, Ice Lake, Tiger Lake, Rocket Lake, Alder Lake, Raptor Lake
  • improved DDR5 SPD bank switching
  • identification of DDR5-9600, DDR5-9800, DDR5-10000, DDR5-10200, DDR5-10400, DDR5-10600, DDR5-10800 memory modules, DDR5-11000, DDR5-11200, DDR5-11400, DDR5-11600, DDR5-11800, DDR5-12000 memory modules
  • PCI VPD detection / improved exception handling
  • motherboard specific sensor info for Asus ROG Strix Z590-A Gaming WiFi II
  • motherboard specific sensor info for Gigabyte A620 Series
  • motherboard specific sensor info for HP 2B5E
  • fixed: supported memory types list for AMD K19.1, K19.4, K19.6, K19.7
  • fixed: DIMM thermal sensor support for DDR5 memory modules
  • fixed: MSI MEG Ai1000P, Ai1300P PSU sensor support
  • fixed: sensor support for Aqua Computer LeakShield with FW 1019
  • fixed: motherboard specific sensor info for MSI MS-7D40

Nice to see you benching, Brother @Reciever

GALAX.RTX3090.24576.210125 (94.02.38.00.30).zip 6.13 MB · 0 downloads

Hey thanks for sharing, anything I should know in regards to the flashing or is it "plug and play" since its just going from one 3090 to another? I was only able to pull about 450w from the 3090 on the EVGA OC vBIOS. Read on their forums that it should be 500w after a certain point. Power limit seems to be 119 on mine which I think means it already has that vBIOS (not the provided, but the EVGA iteration). 

Honestly shouldve done this a while back, I've been in a state of high functioning depression. Benching this week is giving me something to do and I owe much to Prema for all his work over the years.

• Thumb Up 2

48 minutes ago, Reciever said:

Hey thanks for sharing, anything I should know in regards to the flashing or is it "plug and play" since its just going from one 3090 to another? I was only able to pull about 450w from the 3090 on the EVGA OC vBIOS. Read on their forums that it should be 500w after a certain point. Power limit seems to be 119 on mine which I think means it already has that vBIOS (not the provided, but the EVGA iteration). 

Honestly shouldve done this a while back, I've been in a state of high functioning depression. Benching this week is giving me something to do and I owe much to Prema for all his work over the years.

Nothing special to know. Other than it changing the hardware ID and name to "Galaxy" in GPU-Z it functions exactly the same. The only vBIOSes that don't play nice with other GPUs that I am aware of are the ASUS morphodite firmwares because ASUS HDMI/DP port mapping is proprietary and ends up leaving you with one or two display outputs that do not function. If you flash back the original firmware everything (including HWID and GPU name) will go back to original.

PSA: I ordered a MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X and I am debating whether to put the 3090 Kingpin in my work computer and sell the 3060 Ti FTW3 or vice versa. I got lucky and snagged a "sold and shipped by Amazon" GPU for $1799. No third-party seller drama and no scalper fees.

Probably going to sell the 3090 Kingpin so I can cover a larger portion of the cost of the upgrade. If anyone is interested, please let me know and I will put it up here in the marketplace or we can do it via PM.

I always like to give first crack at my parts to people I know before I sell on eBay or Mercari. Having the mutual trust is a plus, and so is not rewarding eBay and Mercari for highway robbery on ludicrous seller fees and greedy Nazi "authorities" that believe it is OK to double-tax buyers for sales tax on used parts where sales tax was already paid by the seller on the new parts. It is still under warranty with EVGA.

I just did a fresh application of thermal putty on the VRMs, new Snowman thermal pads and KPX a week ago.  It has the XOC 1000W vBIOS provided to me via email by Vince (Kingpin) on the LN2 BIOS position, original box, etc. Excellent condition. I have the original hybrid cooler parts that will be included in case someone wants to use it on a system without a custom loop, but I currently have the Hydro Copper block on it and an MP5WORKS waterblock on the back plate.

Before I sell the 3090 I want to make sure the 4090 is not a dud that I need to return to Amazon for refund or exchange. If it is poor to average silicon quality, I will let them have it back to pawn off on someone else. So, I am not in a huge hurry to sell the 3090 and won't even be ready to for probably two or three weeks if someone is interested but doesn't have cash tomorrow. I won't even have the 4090 until the end of next week, so no rush.

I think Brother @Raidermanneeds this GPU so he can experience the goodness of ray tracing. 😜

• Thumb Up 2
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Bump 1

Wraith // Z790 Apex | 14900KF | 4090 Suprim X+Byksi Block | 48GB DDR5-8600 | Toughpower GF3 1650W | MO-RA3 360 | Hailea HC-500A || O11D XL EVO
Banshee // Z790 Apex Encore | 13900KS | 4090 Gaming OC+Alphacool Block | 48GB DDR5-8600 | RM1200x SHIFT | XT45 1080 Nova || Dark Base Pro 901
Munchkin // Z790i Edge | 14900K | Arc A770 Phantom Gaming OC | 48GB DDR5-8000 | GameMax 850W | EK Nucleus CR360 Dark || Prime AP201 
Half-Breed // Dell Precision 7720 | BGA CPU Filth+MXM Quadro P5000 | Sub-$500 Grade A Refurb || Nothing to Write Home About  

The average response time for a 911 call is 10 minutes. The response time of a .357 is 1400 feet per second.

3 hours ago, MyPC8MyBrain said:

you might want to make sure you assigned all max power option in nvidia control center to the bench executable which lives by default here "C:\ProgramData\UL\3DMark\chops\dlc\time-spy-test\bin\x64\3DMarkTimeSpy.exe" (other bench executables also live nearby), 

(note it is 3DMarkTimeSpy.exe in the path described above not 3DMark.exe)

You don't need do this if you use Global settings. Settings will be correct after clean driver install.

@ryan Do you use nvidia Inspector (contain Nvidia profile inspector)  to turn of all the G-stinc settings? And use NvCleanstall to remove all nvidia software bloatware you don't need  https://www.techpowerup.com/download/nvidia-inspector/

@Reciever Nice benching🙂

@Mr. Fox Congrats with the Suprim Liquid X. I still wait for the 4090 Strix OC. This damn card is always empty in the stores. And the stores is filled up with all other 4090's I don't want🤯

https://hwbot.org/submission/5189076_papusan_3dmark___fire_strike_geforce_gtx_980_ti_22113_marks

2854041.jpg

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

"The Killer"  ASUS ROG Z790 Apex Encore | 14900KS | 4090 HOF + 20 other graphics cards | 32GB DDR5 | Be Quiet! Dark Power Pro 12 - 1500 Watt | Second PSU - Cooler Master V750 SFX Gold 750W (For total of 2250W Power) | Corsair Obsidian 1000D | Custom Cooling | Asus ROG Strix XG27AQ 27" Monitors |

Papusan @ HWBOTTeam PremaMod @ HWBOT | Papusan @ YouTube Channel

15 minutes ago, Papusan said:

@Mr. Fox Congrats with the Suprim Liquid X. I still wait for the 4090 Strix OC. This damn card is always empty in the stores. And the stores is filled up with all other 4090's I don't want🤯

Thank you. I still feel stupid for buying it last week, and almost cancelled the order several times since then. It has not shipped yet and I almost cancelled the order this evening.

There are no Strix 4090 for sale anywhere from what I can see, and I don't want to pay an extra $400-$500 for one. I have only seen one available once and it was around $2499. I have a hunch that ASUS has temporarily stopped making them because sales are too slow and not many people are willing to pay stupid 4090 prices. I think all of the AIB partners are being conservative on production so they do not end up having excess stock they can't move like what happened with so many 30-series cards that are still available.

• Thumb Up 1

48 minutes ago, Papusan said:

You don't need do this if you use Global settings

not smart to use global setting with these selections, it is best to do it per application,

setting these in global means dGpu is always running at max power increasing heat in a mobile chassis needlessly (likely there's an iGpu there too), when its per application system will run much cooler with less power consumption until an application that needs dGpu power is running, same applies for desktop only there the heat retention is usually less critical than in a mobile chassis,

• Thumb Up 2

5 minutes ago, ryan said:

found this

the tweaks you need (< click on the link) are all integrated in NVCleanstal, no need to chase old ghosts,
if there were other tweak that mattered today they would be there too, just use the nvcleanstall tool you are wasting your time someone else will post that high score before you 😄

• Thumb Up 2

Screenshot-111.png

after all the tweaks and new driver

now time to do my first install of a driver with nvinstall

• Thumb Up 3

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled

i usually just compile a clean standalone installer i don't let nvcleanstall do the driver install only the drive repackage without bloatware and the tweaks pre-applied, do a clean install and redo/double check the nvidia control panel for the bench exe settings afterwards! (clean install reverts everything to default)

heres the grande finale. after spending hours and hours and using all the so called tweaks the grand score is drum roll

Screenshot-113.png

LOWER WTH

I think the main problem is my clocks don't go very high with overclocking maybe 175/140 and they bounce around alot. like its in pstate 2 all the time. I wonder how some people with the mobile 3060 lock their clocks or perhaps its my vbios

• Sad 4

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled

4 hours ago, MyPC8MyBrain said:

not smart to use global setting with these selections, it is best to do it per application,

setting these in global means dGpu is always running at max power increasing heat in a mobile chassis needlessly (likely there's an iGpu there too), when its per application system will run much cooler with less power consumption until an application that needs dGpu power is running, same applies for desktop only there the heat retention is usually less critical than in a mobile chassis,

Good point, but it's also not smart to build or buy something like that in the first place. The problems with heat, power and build quality are a self-fulfilling prophecy.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Tenoroon said:

The P870TM finally arrived, and I spent all day so far moving everything over, but wow. This thing is just insane, GPU temps don't get over 70C with the vapor chamber, CPU runs nice and cool, 3 M.2 slots is nice, and the Prema BIOS is just phenomenal. Though, I do have a few questions.

The backlights are stuck to being this gawdy looking yellow color, but the keyboard refuses to change the LED color or even dim them, they're just stuck yellow. I thought the keyboard was broken so I swapped my known working P775 keyboard in it and it is still that same yellow color. Is it possible for me to change the color in the BIOS or via software?

I also want to know if I can dim the back lid LED's as those are stuck on a white color.

With a bit of trial and error, I managed to get my 870 EVO into the SATA slot, but it was really difficult as the SATA out on the SSD didn't want to line up with the connectors on the motherboard. I have a slightly thicker 2tb HDD that I tried to wiggle in there, but I can't seem to get it in. Is there an intended way to get the SATA drives in? It seems very difficult to get them to slot in just right. 

In the BIOS, there is a fan control option, but its to enable or disable fan control. I've looked in the BIOS but can't find any options for fan control. Are you able to control the fans in the BIOS? If not its no big deal, but I'd like to set some custom tables so I don't have to run ClevoFanControl every time I boot into Windows.

Last thing, but I've noticed these interlaced looking lines on the 1440p display the laptop comes with, they aren't noticeable from a far, but they make the screen look super washed out. I feel like I read somewhere in the past that these 1440p screens were known to have this "issue" but I'm mostly just curious if I can fix it at all.

For the keyboard colors try obsidian software,  I still think they are up on their website.

• Thumb Up 4

7950X3D| Zotac 4090 AMP Extreme Airo| MSI MPG B650 Edge Wifi| Lian Li Galahad 360 V2| 32GB Kingston Renegade RGBZ 6000|Kingston KC3000 2TB| Fury Renegade 2TB|Samsung 970 Evo 1TB| Lian Li O11 Dynamic Evo| Corsair HX1500i| Samsung Odyssey G9 Neo

Asus Zephyrus G15 (Ryzen 9 6900HS + RTX3080)

welp im done. no point. all I gain is like 1-2 fps which is pointless and its not fun seeing 0 progress. back in the day all these little changes added up. I literally did like 40 tweaks and nothing made a difference not even 20 points. all false positives and margin of error. I think drivers make the mains

I honestly think HP has nerfed this laptop. preventing tweaking ect. 

I really wish my laptop didnt overclock so poorly. I gain like 400 points max in timespy. clocks never seem to go above 1800..

I dont know how you guys benefit from these tweaks but if you really do I ENVY you lol. I managed to get the high performance profiles set. it did nothing..

anyone wanna buy a omen 16 3060 laptop lol

• Thumb Up 3

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled

4 minutes ago, ryan said:

welp im done. no point. all I gain is like 1-2 fps which is pointless and its not fun seeing 0 progress. back in the day all these little changes added up. I literally did like 40 tweaks and nothing made a difference not even 20 points. all false positives and margin of error. I think drivers make the mains

All laptops are nerfed, so don't feel too bad about it. Anything that is thin and light BGA rubbish is going to suffer from the bar being set very low and have limited potential. It's an inescapable reality. I know it is very frustrating to burn so many calories and see little or no change, and inconsistent results.

• Thumb Up 3

30 minutes ago, ryan said:

I really wish my laptop didnt overclock so poorly. I gain like 400 points max in timespy. clocks never seem to go above 1800..

I dont know how you guys benefit from these tweaks but if you really do I ENVY you lol. I managed to get the high performance profiles set. it did nothing..

anyone wanna buy a omen 16 3060 laptop lol

Put it up for sale in the marketplace, then build yourself a dream desktop. Or close as you can with whatever budget you set. I have an HP Probook/turdbook. Its great for what it is, but it is what it is, and it wont be anything beyond that. I have benched it for a few points on the bot, but never tried to overclock it.

• Like 2

Lian Li Lancool III | Ryzen 9 7950X | 48gb G-skill Trident Z5 DDR5 8000mhz | MSI Mpg X670E Carbon |

AsRock Taichi Radeon 7900xtx Bykski Block |Raijintek Scylla Pro 360 custom loop| Crucial T700 1tb

WD Black's SN770 500gb/1tb NVME | Toshiba 8Tb 7200rpm Data |

EVGA 1000w SuperNova |32" Agon 1440p 165hz Curved Screen |  Windows 10 LoT 21h2

its not worth it @Raiderman heres no tweak clean driver install stock 

no-tweaks.png

and heres all the hard work and some fun....overclocked and with about 20-30 tweaks

Screenshot-124.png

• Sad 3

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled

7 minutes ago, Etern4l said:

Has anyone found that XMP profiles use voltages that are significantly higher than what is actually needed for stable operation? 

My experience has been the opposite in some cases. I have needed to add voltage to avoid errors in memory stability testing at least half the time, even though most XMP profiles have sloppy loose timings and perform poorly. I think the reason they use such sloppy timings is because they are pursuing low voltage and care less about performance than keeping the voltage low. Also have to factor in variance in motherboard and CPU quality.

• Thumb Up 3